Search:

SIYE Time:23:43 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Shared Encounters
By ginnyweasley777

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 34
Summary: ***ABANDONED***Shared encounters can bring people together and overcome the most powerful things. Shared encounters can lead to friendship and then so much more. A story of how Harry and Ginny learn that they need each in order to survive.
Hitcount: Story Total: 16028; Chapter Total: 3630





Author's Notes:
I apologise for the delay in updates - the only excuse I can offer is that I've been busy with real life and haven't had time to write. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I always respond. ~ Hannah




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 3: Beginnings


Spring came and my friendship with Harry continued to blossom. Ron was perfectly happy about us being friends now and he thankfully hadn’t brought up the subject of the Chamber again. I was always aware of it though, it was always lurking in the back of my mind like an irritating thorn in my side, always there and constantly prickling.

By the time summer rolled around I’d almost forgotten about the conversation that I’d had with Harry before Christmas about Sirius Black - that’s not to say that I’d completely forgotten, how could I with Dementors swarming all over the place - but I had plenty of other things on my mind as well. One of the things that kept bugging me was how Hermione was managing to get to all of her classes, I mean, no one can be in two places at once, right? I voiced my concerns to Harry and it seemed that he and Ron were no closer to finding out what was going on with her than I was.

Towards the end of the summer term the whole school was up in arms about the revelation of Professor Lupin actually being a werewolf and also the mysterious disappearance of Buckbeak. Malfoy was particularly vocal on this subject and remained adamant that it was Hagrid’s doing, although I wasn’t so sure. Ever since Buckbeak had disappeared and, curiously, the Dementors had been removed from the school, Harry, Ron and Hermione had spent much of their time cloistered together in the common room. Harry seemed to be especially unhappy even though everyone else was in good spirits. I was walking near the lake one day shortly after this when I saw Harry sitting moodily under a tree. Looking up, he beckoned me over.

“What’s up?” I asked lightly as I sat down beside him.

“You were right,” replied Harry wryly. “Sirius was innocent after all.”

“How do you know?” I asked.

Harry proceeded to tell me about how Sirius and Buckbeak had escaped together, at least it explained how Hermione had been managing to do all of her lessons. I was disgusted at the way that an innocent man had been locked up in Azkaban for twelve long years all because of a traitor who believed in Lord Voldemort.

“You can’t tell anyone,” said Harry when he’d finished.

“I won’t, and I’m sorry that you don’t get to live with Sirius now.”

“Me too,” said Harry bitterly as he prodded the ground with a stick. “I really hoped that I’d get to leave the Dursley’s for good this time.”

“He’s alive though, that’s the main thing.”

“Yeah, it is,” agreed Harry.

Term finished soon after my talk with Harry and the train ride back to Kings Cross couldn’t have been more different than at the beginning of the year. Harry got a letter from Sirius and was happy in knowing that his godfather was safe for the time being, and I was just happy in knowing that I was Harry’s friend.

By a cruel twist of fate, Harry had once again faced horrors this year and the hands of Tom Riddle had stretched far. Looking back over the past year I realised that things were only just beginning, in more ways than one.

I said goodbye to Harry before he left the station with his “family” and I just hoped that he’d be allowed to go to the Quidditch World Cup with us later in the summer. Merlin knows what could happen if he was cooped up at Privet Drive until September.

***


Ov er the summer I thought a lot about the past year and my new friendship with Harry. I knew that I still had a crush on him, if only slightly, as there was still the occasional times when I was at a loss for words and I could feel a blush creeping up my face. Still, I wasn’t the same little girl that I had been in my first year, and I was glad.

Dad managed to get us tickets for the Quidditch World Cup and Harry was rescued from the Dursleys the night before we were due to set off. The following morning we trudged out of the dark yard while the moon was still up and I stumbled along with the others, still drowsy from the early wake-up.

“Where’s the Portkey at, Dad?” I asked, yawning widely.

“The top of Stoatshead Hill,” he replied, pointing ahead for the benefit of Harry and Hermione to the large black mass which rose beyond the village of Ottery St Catchpole.

“What sort of objects are Portkeys?” asked Harry curiously.

I tuned out as Dad began to answer and I dropped back into my previous drowsy state. Before long, Harry slowed down to walk beside me as we walked down the dark, dank lane to the village.

“How have things been so far this summer?” he asked.

I knew that he was talking about my dreams. “Not too bad,” I replied. “How about you?”

Harry paused. “It‘s been okay,” he said finally. “Sirius wrote over the summer - he’s fine.”

I got the feeling that Harry hadn’t been totally okay over the summer but I decided not to press him about it since we were nearing Stoatshead Hill and wouldn’t have the breath for talking.

***


We’d barely fallen asleep that night after watching the game when there were flashes of light outside the tent and screams shattered the air. Dad entered the tent to find Hermione and I already awake. We followed him back outside to join the others, pulling on our coats as we went. It immediately became clear what the commotion was all about - several masked figures were levitating and torturing the Muggle family from the campsite.

Bill, Charlie and Percy were fully dressed and had their sleeves rolled up and their wands out.

“We‘re going to help the Ministry,” shouted Dad over the noise, rolling up his own sleeves. “You lot - get into the woods, and stick together. I’ll come and find you when we’ve sorted this out!”

They headed towards to group of oncoming people while Fred, George, Ron, Hermione, Harry and I began to make our way to the edge of the woods. There was people abandoning their tents and Disapparating all over the place. I lost sight of Fred and George as they took a different route around a group of tents and I hurried to catch up with Harry.

“Who do you think those people are?” he asked as we followed Ron and Hermione into the woods, and I looked around anxiously for Fred and George.

“I’m not sure,” I replied as another loud shriek pierced the air. “I think they’re something to do with You-Know-Who though - only someone like him would do something like that to Muggles.”

“Yeah,” agreed Harry, “That’s about right. Did you see where Ron and Hermione went?”

“We’re over here,” shouted Ron as we dived around a group of babbling French girls and caught up with them.

“Look at that,” whispered Hermione as we entered a darker and more dense part of the wood.

“It’s Winky,” exclaimed Harry. “What’s she doing?”

None of us had a chance to think about it before a loud voice boomed out an incantation and a large green skull shot up into the sky.

“What the-?” gasped Ron, staring up at the thing that had appeared.

“It’s the Dark Mark,” said Hermione fearfully. “You-Know-Who’s sign!”
Reviews 34
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear