Search:

SIYE Time:13:47 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Shared Encounters
By ginnyweasley777

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 34
Summary: ***ABANDONED***Shared encounters can bring people together and overcome the most powerful things. Shared encounters can lead to friendship and then so much more. A story of how Harry and Ginny learn that they need each in order to survive.
Hitcount: Story Total: 16031; Chapter Total: 2297





Author's Notes:
It's been so long since I updated this story that even I can't remember when it was. Sorry. :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Shared Encounters

Chap ter 4: Not Fair


Things settled down after the debacle of the World Cup and the year ahead at Hogwarts had all the promise of being an exciting one, what with the Triwizard Tournament being held at Hogwarts.

I’d been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the champions along with everyone else in the school. Never for one minute did I expect Harry’s name to be called out as a fourth champion. Merlin, everything happened to him! It wasn’t fair for him to have so many things placed upon him.

It was well after midnight by the time everyone else had gone to bed and it was just Harry, Ron, Hermione and I left alone in the common room.

I was sat on a couch with Hermione but the only thing that I could hear was Professor Dumbledore‘s voice saying, ‘Harry Potter! Harry! Up here if you please!’ over and over again so it was a shock when angry voices eventually cut into my thoughts.

Harry and Ron stood facing each other angrily across the room. ‘I didn’t put my name into that Goblet!’ said Harry determinedly.

‘Yeah, okay,’ said Ron sceptically, ‘only you said this morning that you’d have done it last night, and no one would’ve seen you… I’m not stupid you know.’

‘You’re doing a really good impression of it,’ snapped Harry as Ron stomped over to the staircase leading to the boys’ dormitory and disappeared up it.

‘I didn’t put my name in that Goblet!’ repeated Harry, beginning to pace infront of the fire.

‘We know you didn’t, Harry,’ said Hermione tiredly. ‘The look on your face when Dumbledore read out your name! But the question is, who did put it in?’

Harry stopped his pacing and looked at me. ‘What about you?’ he asked harshly. ‘Do you believe me, or are you with Ron on this?’

‘Course I believe you!’ I replied hotly, slightly hurt that he thought I didn‘t. ‘Why wouldn’t I?’

‘Ron doesn’t,’ Harry pointed out.

‘Ron is just being thick, he’ll come around,’ I said confidently. ‘In the meantime, I believe you and so does Hermione.’

‘Why though? Why do you both believe me?’ he asked.

‘Harry-’ I began.

‘You’re the person who is least likely to want the fame and glory of the Triwizard Tournament,’ replied Hermione tiredly.

‘You hate being different,’ I pointed out, ‘so there’s no reason why you’d want to put yourself in the tournament.’

Harry sat down in one of the armchairs and ran a hand through his hair, making it stick up even more than usual. ‘I’ve got to compete,’ he said.

‘We’ll help you,’ said Hermione at once and I nodded my head in agreement.

***


Th e next morning I walked downstairs and straight into an argument with Ron.

‘Why the hell do you believe him, Ginny!’ yelled Ron.

‘Because he wouldn’t do something like that!’ I shouted back furiously. ‘Harry didn’t choose to go in this, but he’s being made to compete.’

‘Can you honestly say for certain that he didn’t put his name in that Goblet?’ roared Ron.

‘Yes! He’s Harry, Ron, he wouldn’t do that.’

‘Oh yeah? He said himself that he’d have put his name in yesterday morning,’ retorted Ron sarcastically, repeating his words from the previous night.

‘For Merlin’s sake, Ron! He’s your best friend, or have you forgotten?’

‘No, I haven’t forgotten at all. I thought he was my best friend, obviously I was mistaken,’ he snapped before storming out of the common room and slamming the portrait hole shut behind him.

Sighing, I followed him out and headed down to breakfast.

***


Th e following days passed in a haze of speculations about Harry and the Tournament. Ron wasn’t speaking to Harry and Hermione was trying to act as the go-between by talking to both of them and trying to act as normal as possible in the situation. I really admired her for it because there’s no way I could do it. I just pointedly ignored Ron - he was completely wrong about Harry and as he wasn’t about to change his viewpoint then I didn’t see the point in talking to him at all. Yes, I knew he was my brother but we’d fallen out over far more trivial things than that before.

As the first task drew nearer, Harry began to get more worried. On a Sunday morning, two days before the task, I was sat eating breakfast with her when Harry hurried up to us and waited impatiently for us to finish eating before dragging us out into the grounds.

‘The first task is dragons,’ he said fretfully as soon as we were out in the open. ‘One for each of us to fight or get past or something. Sirius said that a simple spell is all I need but he didn’t get chance to tell me what it is.’

‘Dragons!’ we exclaimed simultaneously.

‘Yeah,’ said Harry, nodding, ‘but listen to this…’

I was shocked to hear about Karkaroff being a Death Eater but I definitely agreed with Hermione that keeping Harry alive until Tuesday evening was the most pressing issue. We racked our minds for a simple spell that would work as we walked around the lake several times but nothing came to light.

By the time night had fallen we’d searched as many books as possible about dragons but were still no further forward. Honestly, dragons! What were they thinking?

***


Luc kily Harry managed to pull it off with a subtle hint from Professor Moody and was able to learn the Summoning Charm by the time the first task came around, even though it wasn’t easy.

I bit my finger nails nervously as I sat in the stands with Hermione and Ron, who I still wasn’t speaking to, as we waited for the first task to start. It didn’t get any easier as the other champions had varying degrees of difficulty with the dragons.

Harry entered the arena and pulled off his Summoning Charm to get his Firebolt and immediately started flying around the dragon’s head. Hermione covered her face with her hands as it followed him with it’s menacing eyes and thrashing it’s tail angrily and I have to admit, I wasn’t exactly keen on watching it myself.

It was nerve-racking, to sit there and watch as Harry dived spectacularly for the golden egg and when he swooped it into his arms I let out a breath I hadn’t known I was holding.

I was grinning, Hermione was sobbing with happiness and Ron just looked shell-shocked as we made our way down to the tent where Harry was.

Ron, to my great surprise, actually admitted that he’d been wrong about Harry putting his name in the Goblet. As we walked back out of the tent for the scores to be announced, I thumped him on the arm.

‘Ow! What was that for?’ exclaimed Ron.

‘For being such a stupid prat! It’s certainly taken you long enough to work out that Harry didn’t put his name in that bloody Goblet.’

‘Yeah, well…’ said Ron sheepishly as they began to announce Harry’s score.
Reviews 34
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear