Search:

SIYE Time:2:17 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Walk to Life
By st122

- Text Size +

Category: You're Having My Baby Challenge (2010-1), You're Having My Baby Challenge (2010-1)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 24
Summary: When Harry goes to Hogwarts to protect the school, his life changes in more than one way.
Hitcount: Story Total: 9437



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first fanfic, so please comment.

I took an existing idea and morphed into this story for the challenge. I hope you find it interesting. It takes a while to get into the challenge.

Thank you to MinistryMalcontent for taking the time and effort to Beta this story.





ChapterPrinter


On that cold December night, I was sure that the world would come to an end for me. For eighteen years I had walked down a road that led me to where I was standing, ankle deep in snow, on the front steps of Hogwarts.

Tonight was the Masked Yule Ball and children could be heard laughing and shouting through the doors in front of me. Let them laugh. Let them be filled with joy for now. The worries of my world would not harm them tonight.

I tightened my midnight black cloak around my body and inhaled the cold night air. Drawing strength from the freshness of the air, I allowed my mind to relax. I had to remain focused, I had to keep these students safe.

I began to walk towards the large front doors. The noise inside had died down. The children must have entered the Great Hall, couples and single students were already beginning to enjoy the evening. My hand reached out from under my cloak and with a quick flick of my wand the door swung open effortlessly. I stepped through and the warm air inside the castle encircled my body bringing with it a sense of comfort.

Even though the warmth gave comfort, a chill ran up my spine. The last time that I had walked the hallways of this school it was to rescue an innocent girl from the depths of the Chamber of Secrets. The image of the nearly lifeless red-headed girl lying on the cold stone floor still haunted my nightmares. In contrast, my dreams were held captive by the soft chocolate brown eyes that had locked onto mine that day. I wondered if she still attended Hogwarts, and if she was inside the hall. I shook my head and wrapped my cloak tightly around my body again, fighting against the mysterious chill that had nothing to do with the air around me.

As I suspected, the students were inside the Great Hall and I could hear their laughter once again. Somewhere inside that hall was Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts. The man had taught me much, and to his lessons I added learning of my own. When I was only seven I had begun my training in the art of war from both a Wizarding and a Muggle perspective. I had already obtained my NEWTs, though the NEWT examinations were no challenge for my actual level of knowledge.

Due to constant training from an early age, my magical powers had developed rapidly. Before long I had surpassed my masters and by the time I duelled the Dark Lord himself for the first time I was his equal. Yet, that was years ago. My power had been refined since then, my knowledge base increased. I was ready, yet fear gripped my body.

My war-weary eyes were fixed on the door in front of me. I continued to walk towards the hall, with each step the melodic tune from the band increased and the sound of childhood naivety with it. As I walked with my cloak billowing behind me, I could feel the shadow of my future hanging over me, my life dictated by a prophecy. I did not feel ready, I would never feel ready.

My life is actually quite simple, it all boils down to one of two things: kill or be killed. Neither the Dark Lord nor I can live while the other survives. We are like two extreme powers, one positive the other negative. Two such strong opposing powers will inevitably attract one another.

HGHGHGHG

Inside the Great Hall, hundreds of students were talking and laughing. A few braver couples were dancing in the middle, while a large group of single or dateless people were standing to the side.

Among the students without a date was a seventh year, Ginny Weasley, a stunning red haired woman. She wore a simple but elegant princess-cut emerald green dress that sparkled in the candlelight. The colour had fascinated her ever since her first year. Her dreams were filled with the emerald green and she found herself drawn to it. “Ginny, when are you ever going to grow up and date a boy?” said the girl with bushy brown hair who was standing next to her. The arms of a tall red-haired boy were wrapped around the speaker's waist.

“Come on, sis, I know I would hate the guy, but you need to get to know someone,” the boy said over his date's shoulder.

Ginny just stared at them and then replied in a calm, cold voice, “Look, you two, I have been attending this school for nearly seven years. I know every guy there is to know. All of them are either terrified of me, look at me like some freak, or are complete and utter gits that only want one thing. Besides, I have yet to find any of the guys attractive.” With this she turned around and walked away from them, flinging her hair around her shoulder.

This silenced the two as they watched her leave. Her words were harsh but nevertheless true. Ever since the incident with the Chamber of Secrets where she had been manipulated by a diary to unleash a Basilisk against the Muggle-borns she had been treated like an outcast. Her parents thought she was weak, and her peers thought that she was evil. The fact that she could speak to snakes just rubbed salt into her wounds.

Being a Prefect was the only thing that forced Ginny to attend the stupid masked ball. If it was not for her position of authority and Dumbledore’s request, she would have stayed in bed for the evening, reading. A good book allowed her to escape and freed her mind to explore new realms. In her imagination, she could live in a world where there was no hate and there existed a man that loved her for who she was.

Even though the top half of her face was covered by an emerald green mask, she still felt exposed. People ignored her. Her brother Ron and his girlfriend Hermione were the only people who spoke to her outside of classes. Yet, she did not mind this. In fact the fewer people who spoke to her, the fewer people she ended up hating or hexing. Her Bat-Bogey Hex had become legendary due to stupid gits trying to patronize her.

A draught suddenly blew through the hall and Ginny instinctively folded her arms and rubbed her exposed forearms. Her head turned towards the source of the wind.

The doors to the Great Hall opened slightly. Unnoticed by everyone apart from Ginny and Dumbledore, a man walked in with a black cloak and an equally black mask. His black hair was ruffled and stuck up at odd angles. She could see his smooth steps and effortless movements. To her skilled eyes, this man was athletic and she was sure that she had never met him before.

HGHGHGHG

I finally reached the door to the hall and carefully opened it and slid inside. Once inside I closed the door and scanned the hall slowly as I strolled towards the crowd of students. Time to mingle and wait for the night to pass.

As my eyes scanned the hall I noticed her. My heart froze, my feet faltered. Barely ten metres from me stood a girl. She was looking straight at me, her expression one of curiosity. She was stunning, her long red hair fell down just bellow her shoulders, her striking green dress complemented her figure. Her eyes were chocolate brown, the chocolate brown that had haunted my dreams for years. Without conscious thought my feet turned to walk towards her.

The reason for my being in the hall escaped my mind.

HGHGHGHG

Ginny watched intently as the man took in his surroundings. Her heartbeat increased slightly with every step that he came closer to her. Before she could draw any conclusions about who he might be, his head turned towards her.

Ginny’s breath hitched as the man missed a step. His emerald green eyes locked onto her brown eyes. Ginny’s face flushed as her mind tried to absorb the intensity of the green. She knew those eyes, and she could tell that those eyes knew her.

“Hi,” a soft voice spoke to her. Ginny blinked at a pair of sparkling green eyes, partially hidden behind this stranger's black mask.

“Hi,” was all that Ginny could croak out and she blushed an even deeper red.

He laughed softly, but his eyes remained fixed on hers.

HGHGHGHG

Her blush and shy smile melted my heart. After my initial ‘Hi,’ I was lost for words around her. It is simple, you say hello and introduce yourself. What is so difficult about it? Nothing if it was an ordinary girl. But this woman before me was different. Her warm eyes touched my very soul, her smile weakened my knees.

“You look amazing,” I managed barely above a whisper, feeling stupid about my comment. I was, however, rewarded with another blush and smile.

“Thank you,” she said and I saw that her smile had spread to her eyes. “You look rather mysterious and dashing yourself…”

She wants to hear my name, I can see it in her eyes, she wants to ask. “Would you honour me with this dance?” I asked, holding out my hand to her while I bowed my head slightly. I really wanted to dance with her, but I also needed to avoid any questions about myself. The less she knew about me the safer she would remain. The war would not end tonight, she would be in danger if anyone ever discovered this conversation.

“Of course,” she nearly shouted, and I was taken aback by her sudden keenness. I grinned as I took her hand, and felt surprised to feel a comforting warmth travel up my arm. Magic flowed between us. I turned my head towards this elegant woman and saw a look of surprise in her eyes as they darted between our intertwined hands and my face.

Her mouth seemed to be forming a question, but I beat her to it. “Magic,” I whispered, leaning close to her ear as I spoke. I could see her chest rise and hear her breath as she inhaled sharply at my proximity. Her cheeks flushed.

“What magic?” she asked, her eyes growing large as she stared up into mine. She looked slightly frightened, but at the same time she seemed intrigued.

“It's hard to say. Magic is a slippery character,” I cringed at my own words. I knew what was happening. We were bonding. This is not what I needed, nor what I wanted for such a wonderful woman. My future was in doubt, my life could end at any time. I would not want to leave behind a soul mate.

Sudden fear filled my soul. What if I died? What if I left her to suffer? What if… A thousand questions ran through my mind.

“What is wrong?” she asked, almost as if she could sense my feelings. My worst fears were confirmed, it was a bond. Though the bond was still in its infant stages, she was already more in tune with my feelings and thoughts. We were already bonded for life. Bloody hell! What am I to do now?

I could feel her anxiety begin to grow somewhere deep within my body. If I did not understand bondings so well, I would have thought them my own feelings. Before I could formulate a plan, I instinctively raised my Occlumency shields and watched her relax as my emotions were cut off from her.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. There was no point in fighting something that had already occurred. Especially not tonight. If I lived to survive the night, I would explain to her. If not, Dumbledore would surely explain. If not, then I could only hope that she would be able to find happiness somewhere else.

“Nothing,” I told her, “just a little nervous about dancing with the most beautiful woman in the hall.” I had not lied to her. She was beautiful, and I was defiantly nervous about dancing with her. Who would not be?

HGHGHGGHG

“…the most beautiful woman in the hall,” she heard Harry say, and she could see the honesty in his face, even though she could feel that he was hiding something from her. She beamed up at him and he returned her smile as he took hold of her and began to glide over the dance floor with her.

The link from the bond allowed them to move together precisely, and soon many students were mesmerized by their graceful movements. The next few songs passed in rapid succession, allowing them to spend more time together, strengthening the bond that was forming.

HGHGHGHGH

Her body mesmerised me. Every part of her fascinated and captivated my mind: her smooth long red hair, her bright cheerful brown eyes that radiated her love, the movement of hips and the feel of her back against my hand.

To my disappointment the band announced that they would be taking a half hour break. “Care to take a walk outside?” I asked without really giving the question much thought. I only knew that I needed to spend time alone with her away from the crowd that surrounded us.

“That would be wonderful,” she replied. Her body seemed to bounce with excitement as we walked out into the cool evening air.

I watched transfixed as the wind blew her hair about her shoulders and across her face. The effects of the wind coupled with the soft pale light from the moon were incredible. Her beauty took my breath away. Gone was the girl from the dance, in front of me stood the woman of my dreams. As I studied her, she turned towards me. As if in slow motion our eyes connected. Unspoken words passed between us as my hands found hers.

“I have something to show you,” she said softly. I could both feel and see her blush as she led me down a small pathway clear of snow. Her nerves and anticipation filtered through our bond turning my excitement into something much more.

The shimmering moonlit lake came into view as we rounded a corner, but she continued to walk. Before long, I found myself standing underneath a tree. The ground was clear of snow. I glanced around and determined that our position at the foot of the tree was well secluded. A metre-high wall of snow encircled the outskirts of the tree creating a tranquil hollow.

A smile stretched across my face when I felt a warm pair of hands encircle my body and slip underneath my shirt. Soft lips touched mine and my eyes closed as I inhaled her scent. My body felt ready to explode with our combined emotions. I could no longer contain my feelings. I watched her whole body arch backwards as the dam containing my emotions broke, destroying my Occlumency barriers and allowing her to feel what I felt.

Her eyes went wide with surprise. Her whole body begin to flush as our combined desire for each other pushed all rational thought from our minds. My hands trembled as I gently removed her mask revealing the most incredible freckled face that I had seen only once before.

Her hands mirrored mine and before I could register what she had done my mask fell to the floor. “You…” was all she managed to say before she crushed her lips against mine and years of emotions flooded from her through our bond.

HGHGHGHGHGH

What seemed like an eternity later, my eyes opened slowly to the feel of warm soft skin against mine. Red hair was sprayed across my chest, I could feel her breath against my neck and her heart beat against my chest.

Contentment, was this what it was? Is this what it feels like to be happy? To be loved, to love in return, waking up and knowing that the most important person in your life was lying next to you, her breath warming your body and sending sparks running through your veins.

It was not meant to last. The world around me turned even darker, as the moon disappeared behind an unnatural bank of clouds that came rolling across the lake.

“Wake up, darling, wake up,” I called softly. The night was becoming cold and my conjured blanket would not be adequate for much longer.

“Hmmm… what?” a sleepy but seductive voice whispered into my neck.

“It's time to get back inside. I have no time to explain, but all will be clear soon enough,” I replied, swearing at Riddle for disturbing the most wonderful moment of my life.

“Hm... ‘ky,” she replied after she had lifted her head, her freckled face staring up at me, giving me a goofy smile.

My mind forgot all about the dangers that were now lurking in the shadows around Hogwarts. All that existed was the girl lying in my arms. “I love you,” I whispered softly. Her brown eyes showed no shock, only perfect understanding. Her hand reached out and cupped my unmasked face.

“I love you too,” she replied. My heart began to race, no one had ever said those words to me, let alone meant it. My smile must have been something, for never before or thereafter would I ever see such a look on her face. It was indescribable, filled with love. We had found each other. Two lost empty souls had found each other.

Fifteen minutes later after a lot of kissing we managed to slip back into the hall. We were greeted, however, not by laughing and dancing, but by terrified silence. In the middle of the hall stood the tall figure of Voldemort. In front of him stood Dumbledore.

“...one more chance. Where is the boy?” demand Voldemort.

Dumbledore shook his head.

Tom shot a Curse at Dumbledore who barely managed to block the spell. Nevertheless he was blasted off his feet and flew into the table behind him, unconscious. Apparently, the conversation had ended.

I turned to my bondmate. My time had come. For better or worse I had to go. Not knowing what to say, I decided that there was only one thing to do. “I love you,” I said before I gave her the most passion-filled kiss that I had given her that night. Desperation for her touch flowed into the kiss. “Wait for me, please. No matter how long, wait.”

Her questioning fear-filled eyes bored into mine before I turned around and marched towards Voldemort. “Tom…”

HGHGHGHGHGH

As I was waking up from another weird and terrible dream I heard a soft tapping noise coming from somewhere in my room. It had been three weeks since I defeated Voldemort. My body had been injured and before I could talk to the girl again I was transported away from the school as darkness overtook my consciousness.

I slowly turned my head towards the disturbance and opened my eyes to see a brown owl perched on my windowsill patiently knocking on the window with its beak. Curious as to who could be sending me a letter, I climbed out of my warm soft bed and opened the window. My head spun, and the world around me refused to stand still. Ever since I woke up from my coma two weeks ago, I had been feeling dizzy and nauseous. Even the healers were left scratching their heads at my condition.

I shook my head to clear it as the owl neatly jumped inside and lifted its leg to allow me access to the letter. I gingerly removed the letter, keeping one eye on the owl. They have been known to nip me. As soon as the message was removed, the owl seemed to nod and then spread its golden brown feathers and flew away.

I sat back down. My mind wandered back to the brown eyes that had taken my heart. I had to find her to learn who she is. I had been frightened. The bond with her shook me to the core. It was wonderful and yet terrifying. Was I ready, was I capable of starting a life with someone?

Needing to escape my never-ending train of thoughts, I looked down at the letter. I saw my name ‘Harry James Potter’ neatly written on the front of the envelope. On the top right corner was the St Mungo's emblem. “Curious,” I whispered to myself as my finger slipped into a small opening and I ripped the letter open.

Mr Harry J Potter

Due to unknown circumstances, the original recipient of this document could not be found by post owl. A blood analysis was performed on our specimen and allowed us to trace you as the next of kin.

Sincerely,
Healer Paterson,


“Hmm,” escaped my lips as I read the letter addressed to me. Suddenly it hit me. “The girl!” I shrieked as I opened the other letter. Sweat formed on my face as I anxiously began to read.

Miss Ginevra M Weasley

The tests performed on Monday show that you are in good health.

It is however my pleasure to inform you that you are pregnant and that you are already three weeks into your pregnancy.

It is advised that you schedule an appointment with me at your earliest convenience in order for the proper tests to be performed to ensure your and the baby’s health.

Sincerely,
Healer Paterson


“What! But…” I stammered. My hands flew to my hair in confusion. “I am going to be a father!” I shouted. From nearly dying a few weeks ago to falling in love and becoming a father. “Wait... father… next of kin… bond…” My mind began to freeze. It could not be possible! The world around me began to spin, my head felt slightly dizzy and suddenly the floor was not very far away, as blackness overcame my body.

“Wake up, Harry, wake up.” I heard a distant voice shouting at me. I could feel my body being shaken but I did not want to react. Suddenly my head clicked into place and my eyes flew open as I shouted, “We're married!” while I frantically began to look around the room. I had not tried to find the girl, I could not in good conscience place her in any harm till all the remaining Death Eaters were caught.

“Calm down!” the voice shouted again. I ignored the source of the disturbance. I needed clothes. I needed to go tell the girl… what’s her name… Ginevra… my wife that we are having a baby. I rummaged through my cupboard. Shirt, got it. Pants, see it. Underwear, found it.

“Harry! Would you stop for one minute and explain what’s going on?” the voice shouted as two hands gripped my shoulders and pinned me to the wall. “And wipe that goofy grin off your face! You look like an idiot!”

My body being slammed into the wall literally knocked some sense in me. I could feel the adrenaline begin to subside as the voice came into focus. “Sorry, Remus, it’s just…” I paused and I could feel my face grow red from the heat that it was now radiating.

“Just what?” Remus asked. “What's this about being married and what not? I have never even seen you with a girl.”

“I… um… well… the night of the Yule Ball, between my arrival and Tom’s death… I… sort… of…” I could not look him in the eyes.

“Yes?” Remus said trying to coax the story out of me.

“I sort of... bonded with a girl,” I replied. Almost immediately I could feel the hands loosen their grip.

“That red haired girl that you danced with!” Remus laughed. “Just because you danced with a girl doesn’t make her your wife, Harry.” His laughter grew louder as my anger at his attitude increased.

“I AM NOT A FOOL!” I shouted at him. My face had gone from a slight blush to an angry red. “I could feel the bond between us. I could sense her feelings.”

Remus became quiet as he pondered my words. It was quite disconcerting seeing the werewolf calm down and turn serious so quickly. “You mean you could sense her emotions?”

I nodded. “It was kind of weird. I could tell that she did not notice, but my knowledge on the subject allowed me to pick up on the symptoms.”

Remus, eyed me with interest. “Still, you could be bonded but not married. You are only officially married if…” My face that had returned to normal immediately blushed again. “You didn’t!” Remus accused, exasperated.

I nodded my head while my eyes suddenly found my shoes very interesting. It was strange that my left shoelace was slightly longer than my right shoelace, the colour…

“Harry!” Remus shook me again, “I am trying to talk to you.”

“Oh, right, sorry, just thinking,” I said quickly.

“And why are you only realizing now that your married?”

“I… well… a letter came from St Mungo’s. They said that I am her next of kin and that… um…”

“Spit it out, for crying out loud,” Remus said, trying to remain calm.

“She’s pregnant.”

To my surprise, Remus just nodded his head as an evil grin began to form on his face. “I expected as much since you said that you bonded.”

“Why?” I asked. How could he possibly have known that she was pregnant?

“You say that you share feelings and emotions, but that she doesn’t know about it?” I nodded my head, wondering where he was going with this.

“Harry, tell me, what do pregnant woman suffer from?” he asked, his eyes glowing and his smirk was growing wider.

“Morning sickness?” I guessed, still unsure.

“Exactly! And how have you been these last few mornings?”

“I have been…” That’s why I had been sick, if Ginevra is sick then I probably have a watered down version of her sickness. “…sick.”

“Precisely,” Remus laughed.

“What’s so funny?” I asked the werewolf who would not stop laughing.

“Its just...” he kept laughing, his face was going red as he fought to get oxygen into his lungs. “...you killed Voldemort, with barely a scratch to show for it. Granted you were in a coma for a week.”

“So, I was sick when I went to St Mungo's to have them check me for residual damage,” I said shaking my head at Remus. The mind of the man was so convoluted that I could not follow, but growing up with the man taught me to be patient with him and let him have his say.

He held up his hand, so I allowed him to continue. “Yet, you had to see a healer after you suffered from morning sickness! Imagine that!”

I glared at the man who was doubled over on the floor, laughing as tears rolled down his face. Trust the old Maurader to make fun of me for having a special bond with a woman.

“Fine, laugh!” I said indignantly as I left the room to go and shower, my pants, shirt and underwear bundled underneath my arm.

HGHGHG

An hour later, Remus and I were standing outside Gringotts after a quick trip to the Ministry and some shopping. I needed to find my wife, and who better to provide an answer than the goblins? Dumbledore was still not well and was heavily sedated to ensure that his wounds would heal properly.

As I stood in front of the bank I had to laugh at my life. Will it ever be normal? Here I am married to a pregnant woman whom I have only met once, who does not know my name, trying to determine where she lives, so that I can tell her that she is pregnant with my child. I suppose the pregnant part might have happened to some people, but the marriage part had to be somewhat more rare.

Once inside the bank, we were ushered into a private room to talk to my private banker. Being one of the five richest wizards in the country ensures some perks.

“Good day, Mr Potter, Mr Lupin,” a neatly dressed goblin said as he stood from behind his large desk. “Please sit down. What may I do for you today?”

“Good day,” I replied. Keeping in mind that goblins don’t like their time wasted with chit chat, I began. “I need to find out where a Mrs Ginevra Potter resides, formerly Weasley.”

Griphook nodded his head. Since I was legally married to her and since she had not filed any restraining orders on me the goblins had no objections to helping me. Griphook typed on a strange device. A few moments later he spoke. “They live at ‘The Burrow’ near Ottery St Catchpole. Do you require directions or a Portkey?”

“A Portkey would be great, thank you,” I replied with a quick nod at the goblin.

“Are you ready, Harry?” Remus spoke up, interrupting my thoughts. I nodded my head and closed my eyes as I tried to relax.

The goblin made a few calls and five minutes later I took hold of a Portkey and found myself a few hundred meters away from a large odd-looking house that could only have remained upright with magic.

I quickly looked down and inspected my shoes, pants and shirt for any signs of dirt. Satisfied that I looked presentable, I began to walk towards The Burrow with a small recently purchased and wrapped package clasped in my left hand.

I turned around a few times to take in the scenery. It truly was a beautiful place. Ginevra must have had a great life growing up here. There was plenty of land available for Quidditch.

Remus had stayed behind as agreed. This was my wife and her family, therefore it was my responsibility. I took determined steps in the beginning, but with each passing blade of grass my chest grew heavier. Duelling with Voldemort was a lot easier than this!

By the time I reached the door I was a total wreck. My black hair was even messier than normal and my shirt was clinging to my back. I took a deep breath and lifted my hand to knock, but I hesitated.

I needed to calm myself down. I needed to be in control. I took a few more deep calming breaths, tried to tame my hair and waved my wand over my body to remove any unwanted perspiration, while adding a little extra deodorant.

A few minutes later, feeling a little fresher and a lot calmer I knocked on the door. Moments later it was opened by a tall red haired boy. He looked familiar. Going through my memories I managed to place him as one of the school children at the ball, mainly due to his height, hair colour and body language.

“Yes,” the boy said shortly. Well how about good morning?

“Yes, good morning. I would like to speak to Mr and Mrs Weasley, if that is possible,” I asked with a soft easy smile on my face. Years of acting and disguise practice with Tonks was paying off. Well, at least I hoped it was.

The boy’s eyes narrowed, but eventually he turned and shouted, “Mom, Dad, there is some bloke here to see you.”

I barely heard a reply, but the boy soon led me into the sitting room and told me to sit down on the couch. I suppose the reply was an affirmative for a meeting. I placed the small package down next to me and began to play with my fingers while I waited.

The house was modest, yet very homely. You could tell that a family lived here. As my eyes wandered around I became uncomfortable. The boy was seated on a chair on the opposite side of the room, his wand was held tightly in his right hand. Obviously, he was not taking any chances.

I decided that I should try to break the ice. “So, you have any brothers and sisters?” I asked, hoping and praying that there were no more brothers, especially not older.

“Um…” he seemed slightly put out by my question, but recovered well enough. “Well, yes, I have one younger sister and five older brothers.”

“Five!” I exclaimed a little loudly. The boy laughed at my reaction. Well at least he was human, after all. Five brothers! Dear God, please don’t let them kill me for marrying their sister and knocking her up without even knowing her name! God have mercy on my soul.

“You ok there, mate?” the boy asked bringing me back to reality. “You seem a little pale.”

“Oh, sorry, not feeling very well lately,” I explained, which was the truth, it just did not explain my current pale complexion.

Thankfully, footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs, as Mr and Mrs Weasley entered the room. I jumped to my feet and walked towards them. “Good morning, Mr and Mrs Weasley,” I greeted them warmly as I extended my hand. It is not everyday you get to meet your mother and father in-law without them knowing.

“Good morning, young man,” Mr Weasley said kindly as he shook my hand. I immediately knew him to be a man that I could like and trust.

Mrs Weasley on the other hand seemed to be a little more cautious, almost like her son. “And you are?” she interrupted, after I heard her mumble a greeting.

“Well that is an interesting question, but one that I will answer shortly,” I replied as a small figure with long red hair emerged from the stairs. She was mesmerizing. Even though she was some distance away from me, I could feel her presence. Her eyes were piercing as they looked into mine.

I could see her face glowing, her eyes were bright as they locked onto mine from across the room. The world faded into the background. All that I could see or hear was the girl, my wife, in front of me.

“Ginny! Get back into bed,” Mrs Weasley shouted. My mind registered the fact that her mother called her Ginny, instead of Ginevra.

Before anyone could say anything more, Ginny had crossed the floor and launched herself into my arms. As she wrapped her arms around my body, my eyes closed as I inhaled the flowery scent of her hair. The feel of her warm familiar body pressed against mine calmed me. I could not recall a time that my body had felt more relaxed. Ginny belonged in my arms, we belonged together.

I was brought back to earth when I noticed that my shirt was becoming damp. I looked down at Ginny and noticed that she had begun to cry. “It is okay, Ginny, I am not going anywhere without you ever again,” I whispered into her ear as I stroked her hair. I felt her nod her head as she tried to get even closer to me.

“It’s been unbearable,” she sobbed quietly, “but I have been waiting for you.” The bond must have been driving her crazy these last few weeks. I guess because I knew that we bonded I could control my emotions. Ginny, however, was left in the dark fighting her own feelings and mine that crept through to her.

“What is the meaning of this?” demanded a very angry Mrs Weasley. Ginny’s brother looked like he was about to kill as he stared at me. The only calm person, seemed to be Mr Weasley.

“Well, it is kind of an interesting story. First, I would like to apologize to Ginny here, from whom I have been keeping a secret for a few weeks. Honestly, the truth only really hit me this morning when I woke up after receiving a very interesting letter.”

By the time I had said this, Ginny and I were sitting on the couch holding hands as she stared teary eyed at me. I could see the forgiveness in her eyes. For once I thanked the bond for sending out my feelings of sincerity to her.

“Please explain,” Mr Weasley said softly, barely above a whisper.

I quickly told them about my life and the prophecy, by the time I reached the story about rescuing Ginny from the Chamber of Secrets I was embraced in a motherly hug by Mrs Weasley.

Honestly, if I had a knut for every time she said ‘dear me’ or ‘poor boy’ during my story I would be much wealthier than I am now. Nevertheless, it warmed my heart to know that she cared, especially after she learnt that I had rescued her daughter from the Chamber.

“Excuse me, Harry,” Mr Weasley said, “I would just like to confirm your story, if you do not mind.” I nodded my head as Mr Weasley turned to the fire and Floo Called Albus Dumbledore. I could faintly hear Professor McGonagall's voice from the fire in the kitchen.

Within a few minutes all my stories had been verified. During this time Ginny had not uttered a word, she simply sat next to me holding my hand while her head rested on my shoulder.

I patted her leg encouragingly as I continued my story. By the time I reached the night of the Ball I was being watched by three pairs of large eyes.

Ginny suddenly lifted her head to my surprise, “Um, Mum, could we please have a short break before Harry continues. Perhaps some hot chocolate would be nice, Mum.”

“Sounds like an excellent idea,” Mrs Weasley said as she stood and left for the kitchen followed quickly by Ron and Mr Weasley.

“Thanks, my death is always better with a good cup of hot chocolate,” I grinned. Images of Mrs Weasley trying to kill me while I was holding a cup of hot chocolate ran through my mind.

“Why?” Ginny muttered, “why did you not come to see me?”

I dropped my head in shame, I really had no excuse. “I am sorry, I… I was injured after the fight and spent a week in bed.”

Her eyes hardened and I gulped. At first I was afraid that Mrs Weasley would kill me, but the fire in Ginny’s eyes were terrifying. “Then I…” my face flushed, “I was confused and didn’t quite comprehend what had happened between us.”

“Didn't comprehend!” Ginny shouted after she quickly performed a silencing spell over us. “I gave you my love, my body; I gave you everything I had to give you and then you left. I have been sick, lying in bed for weeks struggling to control my emotions. I have cried myself to sleep for three weeks and all you have to say is that you could not comprehend!” Her face was a deep red as her fury rolled of her in waves. Yet, throughout her entire outburst all I could think of was how beautiful she looked when she was angry.

“I am sorry, Ginny. It took a while to realize…” I paused, I really had no excuse. I simply hung my head in shame, “I knew I loved you, I knew you would be suffering. I just found myself unable to react.” I could sense her confusion.

“You… love me?” she half asked half stated. Even though I had said as much at the Ball, the fact that I said it now, here in her house, must have meant something much more to her. And it did, sitting on the couch with her parents in the next room, I had little to gain physically from my words.

“Of course, with all my heart,” I said with conviction, and it was the truth. The bond between us only proved my love, as only the deepest love between two powerful magical people could create a bond.

Bloody hell, she is a powerful witch. Suddenly images of my impending doom flashed in front of my eyes. This time a steaming cup of hot chocolate and I were running from a very angry Ginny.

However, the pair of eyes before me morphed into soft chocolate brown emitting only love. “I love you too, Harry James Potter,” Ginny said as she leaned in to give me a kiss.

“Ginny, something happened between us… and I need to explain it to your parents and to you.”

“Ok,” Ginny said softly as she placed her head on my chest.

“Honestly, Ginny, I need to tell them everything that happened at the Ball.”

Ginny sat upright as she stared into my eyes, her eyes were filled with panic. “Believe me, once I finish the story you will realize that we did absolutely nothing wrong.”

“Harry! We had… we did… you know!” Ginny shouted. Her whole body flushed with the idea of telling her parents what she did to me.

“Trust me, please,” I said as I leaned forward and tenderly captured her lips with mine.

The tender moment was broken by the return of the rest of her family. While Mr and Mrs Weasley smiled, her brother, who I had learned by then was called Ron, stared daggers at me.

I took the steaming hot cup of hot chocolate from my mother in-law and proceed to take a sip. “Thank you, it is delicious,” I said in all honesty.

“Where were we? Oh, yes. When I entered the hall, my eyes fell upon Ginny. We talked a bit and then we began to dance.” As I recalled how we danced I caught Mr and Mrs Weasley giving each other knowing glances. Well who was I not to spoil the current mood?

“Here comes the catch,” I said and everyone around me shifted in their seats to listen. “While we were dancing I began to feel different, almost as if I could feel another presence inside me.”

I could see Ginny’s eyes grow to the size of saucers next to me and I knew that she had felt the same. I placed my hand in hers and reassured her, “It is okay, Ginny. You see what happened was…” I paused and turned my attention to her parents. “I assume you are familiar with this, maybe not all the details but you at least know about it.” I paused again as four pairs of confused eyes looked straight into mine. “Ginny and I began to bond magically…”

Ron and Ginny remained quite and confused while Mr and Mrs Weasley jumped to their feet. “How could you, how dare you walk in there and take our daughter like that!” Mrs Weasley shouted, fortunately Mr Weasley was there to restrain her before she could reach me.

“Molly!” he shouted, “you know that is not how these things work!” He held her for a few more minutes as she began to calm down, before she began to cry into her husband's shoulder.

“Harry, what does this… um… bond mean?” Ginny asked me.

I smiled at her, trying to show her that this is something that I did not regret, “Basically it means that we are married,” I replied with a half truth as I removed an envelope from my pocket.

Ginny and Mrs Weasley immediately took the envelope and opened it to find an official copy of a ministry marriage certificate. “The moment that we bonded during the dance, this document was drawn up and sealed, making it an official marriage.” I lied slightly, though the bond was completed during the dance, the ministry only recognized it a few minutes later during more intimate moments.

Ginny seemed stunned as she read the document. Nearing the end I heard her whisper softly, “Ginevra Molly Potter.” As she read the name, a warm smile spread onto her face as her entire body seemed to glow with happiness.

She turned to me, “That means…”

A held out my arms and she sat on my lap. “Yes, we did nothing wrong,” I whispered into her ear. I could feel her body relax as she exhaled all her tension.

“Well congratulations are in order then,” Mr Weasley said. He did not seem pleased with the turn of events, but he nevertheless understood everything so he was not about to kill me. He moved awkwardly towards me and shook my hand. “Welcome to the family.”

Molly came to her senses and rushed towards me and pulled me into a tight hug. “Just promise me that you will care of my girl.” Her tears were running freely now, but strangely enough they were tears of joy.

I assume it had something to do with a mother knowing when her children are happy. I returned the embrace and thanked her before she wrapped Ginny into her arms. I turned to Mr Weasley as the two women began to cry and whisper frantically between each other.

“I may not be entirely happy, but Molly and I both know that bonds only form when couples are truly and deeply in love.” I nodded my head as I watched my wife smile as she remained in her mother's embrace. “Um… Harry, son,” he said, testing the word. I turned my attention to him and was surprised to see him look slightly embarrassed. “Do you require any financial assistance in supporting a family?”

I knew from the furnishings in the house that they were poor, but I could also tell that family came first with Mr Weasley. “I appreciate the offer, but you will find in due time that I am more than financially able to support my family, my whole family,” I added with a grin, knowing that not only I was referring Ginny and myself, but our child and the whole Weasley family.

When Ginny and Mrs Weasley finally broke apart, I cleared my throat to begin the next phase of the speech. “Wait, let's get some bubbly to celebrate,” a very quiet Ron said. Since when can Ron speak in coherent sentences, I thought with a smile. Truthfully, I was thankful that Ginny’s brother seemed to have relaxed enough to want to celebrate.

I was laughing softly about celebrating when I realized the implications of what Ron was about to give Ginny, Ginny and our child. “Wait!” I shouted, maybe a bit too loudly. “There are two more things I would like to do before we celebrate.”

I sat down and retrieved the small box that I brought with me, which by this time had disappeared underneath an old cushion. Once retrieved I stood again and knelt down on one knee before Ginny and stared up into her wonderful glowing brown eyes that radiated her love.

“Will you, Ginny, be my wife?” I asked. I know that is seemed a bit cliché to do this after we were married, but I knew that the thought alone was worth all the galleons in my vault.

“Yes!” Ginny shouted as more tears flowed down her cheeks. She fell down next to me and threw her arms around my neck as she kissed me. For how long we kissed I do not know, but we eventually managed to pull apart.

The first thing she did was to gently remove the box from my hand. I was very nervous when I wrapped the box at the store, the witch at the store said that she would do it, but I refused saying that I wanted it to be personal even if it was horrible. She had smiled at me and I knew that she appreciated my thoughtfulness even if she did not approve of my wrapping skills.

I watched as Ginny struggled with the package. “Maybe putting a big ribbon on the box wasn’t such a great idea,” I laughed nervously.

Ginny beamed down at me, “Perhaps, but I love it.” After a few more tugs, she managed to free the box from the ribbon. She carefully removed the wrapping to reveal a red velvet box.

Her eyes flicked between mine and the box before she carefully opened the lid. Her eyes widened before she closed the lid. She bit her bottom lip nervously as she kept eyeing the box. Carefully she opened the box again and stood motionless as she examined the ring.

Fortunately, I could tell from our bond that she was not disappointed, instead she was awed. The elegant platinum ring had a single diamond that was held in the air slightly on either side, creating the illusion that the diamond was floating above the finger.

Realizing that she was not going to move, I gently took the box, removed the ring and slid it onto her finger. It fit perfectly. She smiled down at her hand as I stood.

I dug into the box again and removed to more rings, wedding rings. Two more platinum rings, mine was slightly larger and much less feminine than hers was but the style was similar.

Ginny immediately took my ring from my palm and slipped it onto my finger. When she was finished I did the same with hers. When the rings were on our fingers I leaned forwards and kissed her softly.

By the time we broke apart, Mrs Weasley was in tears. Even Mr Weasley and Ron were fighting back their tears. I slipped my arm around Ginny’s waist and pulled her to my side. “I give you Mr and Mrs Potter,” I said proudly.

Mrs Weasley was about to join us when I held up my hand, “Wait, there is one more announcement to make.” I turned to Ginny and whispered into her ear, “Just be ready to defend me.”

She gave me a curious look for a barely a second before her hand shot to her mouth in surprise, her eyes clearly asked a question that her mouth could not utter. I simply nodded at her with a huge smile on my face. Her face reminded me of a song that I once heard a few years ago, so I sang it softly into her ear

What a lovely way of saying how much you love me
Having my baby
What a lovely way of saying what you’re thinkin’ of me
I can see it, your face is glowing
I can see it in your eyes
I’m happy in knowin’
That you’re having my baby
You’re the woman I love
And I love what it’s doin’ to you
Having my baby
You’re a woman in love
And I love what’s goin’ thru you
The need inside you
I see it showin’
Oh, the seed inside you baby
Do you feel it growin’
Are you happy knowin’
That you’re having my baby

I couldn’t remember the rest, but by the time I was finished, Ginny was laughing and crying as she swayed with me to the rhythm of the song. By the time we finished our little dance, even I had to wipe away the tears in my eyes.

“Well, we’re, actually… um…” I stuttered.

“Harry and I are having a baby,” Ginny said proudly. This statement was followed loudly by three thumps and a cork shooting as three Weasleys hit the ground.

Ginny just turned to me and whispered, “Looks like this has become a private celebration, and I know just the place.” As we walked away, I wondered what had happened to the shy little girl that I had met at the ball a few weeks ago. But I suppose we all know what happened.

“Harry what do have in mind for names?” Ginny asked innocently, her eyes mischievous.

“Names!” I blurted out, and I knew then that I was in way over my head, but I was loving every minute. I leaned in to capture her tender lips as a few names spiralled through my mind.

Reviews 24
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear