Search:

SIYE Time:11:08 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


On the Couch with Luna Lovegood
By mybrotherharry

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 13
Summary: Wizarding Britain listens to Luna Lovegood on the wireless each night. A wierd host with the ability to make anyone talk, even the reclusive Ginny Potter. Its going to be a heck of a talk show!
Hitcount: Story Total: 5135



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Its pure fluff all the way through guys! Its how I imagined, an interview of a post-marriage, at the peak of her career Ginny would seem like. And the line, 'Let us not let facts get in the way of a good story' is a rip off Andy Roddick. Sorry, Andy! Oh, I don't own iPhone, Apple Inc, and most definitely, not Harry Potter. Please leave a review.. please do!!




ChapterPrinter


“A very good afternoon, ladies, gentlemen and everyone in between! Welcome to On the Couch with Luna Lovegood and if you are dumb-witted, or have your brains infected by the Swedish Porntruckle, I am Luna Lovegood.”

“Today, on my couch is Britain’s most loved Quidditch player and every reporter’s nightmare celebrity. Very, very reclusive, she bestows this interview only because I happen to be a good friend, and besides, I need this job. Ladies and gentlemen, we have Ginny Potter here with us today.”

Applause.

“Welcome, Ginny.”

“Thanks, its good to be here.”

“I know you’re just saying that. Don’t we all know how you shy away from interviews!”

“Can you blame me, really? There is so much rubbish printed about my personal life everyday that I feel that there is raw material without my contribution. Let us not let facts get in the way of a good story.”

“Your distaste for the press has not changed one bit, I see.”

“Today’s Prophet proved that the distaste is justified and well-grounded. For the record, Hermione Granger and my husband are good friends. Hermione is engaged to my brother Ron and is family. Both Harry and Hermione were raised by Muggles and use various Muggle goods. They were in Muggle London shopping for a device called an iPhone. And yes, I knew about it. The picture in today’s Prophet implies nothing more than two friends taking some time out to catch up with each others’ lives. Any talk of an affair is absolute nonsense.”

“Do you feel better now, that you have got that out?”

“Yes, thank you.”

“So tell me Ginny, you have had a satisfactory season with the Harpies. Your thoughts on that?”

“Yes, it has been a delightful year. We scooped the League Championship and the season-ending Super Bowl. We are still fresh and healthy with near-zero injuries. The team is very positive, you know, which is a good thing. We have some very good players on the reserves, but I am afraid I cannot say much more about that. Yes, it has been a splendid season and I cannot be happier!”

“How much of the myth of Gwenog Jones is true? Is she as scary in reality as the press makes her out to be?”

“Gwenog? No, she is really sweet and friendly, a born leader. I guess the myth exists because she is very straight talking, no-nonsense kind of person. I pity anyone who slacks around during practice. She cannot take complacency. Yes, her exercise session is a nightmare sometimes, but that is why we are such a strong team and we appreciate that.”

“Now that we are in myth-breaking mood, would you mind clearing away some of these public assumptions?”

“Ok-aay.”

”Harry Potter is descended from Godric Gryffindor.”

“Myth. His oldest known ancestor is Ignotus Peverell.”

“Harry is a time-traveler from the future.”

“Rubbish.”

“He is an animagus.”

“Nope.”

“A Centaur?”

“Definitely not.”

“A phoenix?”

“It’s a cool idea, but sorry, no.”

“A house-elf?”

“What?!”

“I will take that as a ‘no’. Here’s another one — he has a Hungarian Horntail tattooed on his chest.”

“Like I haven’t heard that one before! But no.”

“He is writing his autobiography.”

“Nonsense.”

“He is actually a woman in disguise.”

“No. And I have seen proof.”

“He battled a dragon atop Gringotts to win your hand.”

“Gnrrrhh, sorry, I just snorted in my drink. Well, he did fight a dragon once, and flew away on another, but never atop Gringotts, and never for my hand. I didn’t set him challenges. He asked, I said yes.”

“He works so much because he would rather be in his office than at home.”

“No, he is just a workaholic. He loves his job. We have no troubles in our marriage, thank you very much.”

“You store tins of a love potion that he is addicted to.”

“Ha, yes, I remember this one! This story came up after a reporter sneaked into our home. Like I said, Harry is used to Muggle devices and we have a refrigerator at home. It’s a box-like thing that keeps food cold, or something like that. He keeps Coca Cola in there, a kind of Muggle drink that he likes. All this love potion story is bull-shit.”

“Harry would run for Minister come election time.”

“No, he is very happy with his job and has no intentions of doing so, ever.”

“Sirius Black was cleared only due to Harry’s influence.”

“This is exactly the kind of thing that hurts us. You see, it is just annoying when you hear stupid things written about you with absolutely no basis in fact. But when the press gets so irresponsible and taints your memory of a loved one or affects your family, it gets personal. Sirius Black was cleared of all charges by a Winzengamot panel after special enquiries with renewed evidence. Sirius was Harry’s godfather and a wronged hero of the war. Case closed.”

“Okay, now that’s a lot of bullshit out of the way. Thank you, Ginny. Moving on, congratulations on making the National Team for the World Cup.”

“Thank you, I am very excited.”

“Gwenog is on the team too, and a couple more Harpies on the reserves. How do you feel about that?”

“Its wonderful, of course. It only goes on to show just how great a team we have been over the season if four members have caught the eye of the selectors. We look forward to the World Cup and are prepared, physically and mentally for it.”

“You recently expressed some distaste toward the refereeing system in place.”

“Yes, I feel there are some inadequacies in the system. We need better monitoring. The referee cannot always tell which team’s chaser touched the quaffle at which instant, you know. It leads to some really unfair scoring and penalties. Many other players have also expressed concern.”

“Tell me, Ginny. Is it difficult? Juggling these roles of celebrity, player, wife and daughter?”

“I am not going to give the politically correct answer of how its all about balancing your priorities. Yes, it is difficult. I do not want to miss out on any time with Harry or my family. At the same time, I want to be training hard to bring the World Cup to London. It is difficult, but I know that I am luckier than many women who juggle three or four jobs and manage to be fantastic wives. I must give credit to Harry, of course. He is extremely patient and understanding.”

“You have a reputation of casting a deadly Bat Bogey Hex. I have seen you at it, of course. How did you learn it and how did you manage to get so adept at it?”

“Its funny really. My eldest brother Bill taught me the hex when I was eleven. I don’t remember the circumstances but I guess I had just pestered him to no end and he caved. You see, I grew up with six brothers. That I think has made me quite headstrong and adamant, like I have been told, time and again. As a child, I always wanted to prove to everybody that I was as capable as my brothers. Being the youngest and the only girl in a big family full of always-eating brothers takes its toll on you.”

Laughter.

“So, the Hex, I dunno — I think I just wanted to learn it because everyone said it’s a difficult one to pull off.”

“We all know Harry Potter, the war hero. We even know Harry Potter, the Auror. How is Harry Potter, the husband?”

“Well, suffice to say, I am the luckiest woman on this planet.”

“That’s very sweet. We are happy for you, of course. Now, Ginny, you are one of the few Quidditch players who have turned down endorsement deals and ad campaigns. Why?”

“Well, for one, I hardly have the time for more work. Every minute I am not at the pitch or with the team, I am with Harry and my family. I am not about to cut down on that time. Secondly, I didn’t agree with many of the products and ideals I had to be endorsing. That wouldn’t have been completely honest with myself.”

“The Wizard Economy rated the Potters as one among the top ten wealthiest couples in Britain. How important is money to you?”

“Again, the politically correct answer would be to say that it does not mean much and whatever. But I would be lying if I said that. When I grew up, we did not have much to spend. I have seen what it means to be scrounging for gold each week, trying to support a family and not be bitter, you know, to still sit down for dinner happily together. My parents were superheroes in that context.

“So, as someone who has been on both sides of this situation, I can say that, yes, money does matter, but only to the extent that we have a house to live in, that we can buy the groceries, we can send our children to school happily. But besides that, it has not influenced us as people much.”

“And, Harry? How does he feel about this?”

“I think his ideas are quite similar to what I have just said. For a long time, he had had no idea that he had a small fortune waiting for him in Gringotts. It has not changed him. Harry has faced so much personal loss that he recognizes better than the next person that there are far more important things in life than wealth.”

“That’s a wonderful thought. Does it ever bother you that he is involved in perhaps, the most dangerous job that is out there? Do you worry about it?”

“How can I not worry about it? I mean, you would think that after all this while, I would be used to it. But, no, it’s not the kind of thing you can really get used to. My husband has a knack for inviting trouble. But, nowadays I think I am more at peace knowing that he is specifically trained in this direction. I have seen him do impossible things with no training at all, when we were younger. And my brother Ron is always at his side. That gives me peace, yes. Besides, it is team work. Harry goes out of his way to leave a note for me, or send a message somehow about where he is and that he is fine.”

“I am sure it works in reverse too. I mean, how did he take your recent injury in the match against Puddlemere?”

“He hardly had a chance to get to me, what with all the Weasleys on my case already.”

Laughter.

“No, seriously, I think that he frets more than the whole lot of them. Its scares him, yes, but like I said, it's teamwork. We convince each other, console each other.”

“David Lodge, captain of the Italian Quidditch team recently said, and I quote, ‘Weasley is perhaps the most original and promising British talent in a long while.’ What do you make of this?”

“He said that? Wow.”

Pause.

“Well, I am flattered, really. And very nervous now about playing against him. He is one of the players I admire a lot, so it feels very good to hear that from him.”

"You recently auctioned a lot of stuff for charity and raised around two hundred thousand galleons, if I am correct.”

“Yes. Actually, it began with my grumbling. I was trying to get Harry to clean out his cupboard. He has, I think, ten years of garbage in there — you know, broken sneakoscopes, his school books and some memorable things that are important to us. I was grumbling about how I am never going to get him to throw it all out, and Hermione came up with the idea that we could auction it. Nothing very personal, of course, just things like shirts and bags that he used during the war. We didn’t expect that it would create the frenzy it did, but all that matters is that we raised a lot of money.”

“And Harry’s cupboard is cleaner now?”

“Yes, so it was a win-win for me.”

“And finally, Harry and Hermione Granger just won a long battle yesterday in the Winzengamot. They managed to get the vote on the Muggleborn Empowerment Act. Your thoughts on that?”

“I think its been a long time coming. We are all very proud of Hermione, you know. She didn’t give up, she didn’t get fazed through it all. There were times in the past two years when the task seemed almost impossible. There is a lot of pureblood fixation in the Ministry, which is worrisome, really. But to think that they pulled it through — I think it is wonderful and I support it with all my heart.”

“Thank you so much for being with us today, Ginny. It has been an absolute pleasure. Ladies and Gentlemen, Ginny Potter, Chaser, Holyhead Harpies!”

Applause.
Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear