Search:

SIYE Time:4:55 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever
By Summer Potter

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 8
Summary: Harry and Ginny are faced with every teenager's nightmare with the future changed forever, for better or worse. They'll need to find a solution before the wizarding world is immersed in war, and or else be torn apart forever over one complicated mistake.
Hitcount: Story Total: 13785; Chapter Total: 4457





Author's Notes:
Part 1 of the Forever Trilogy.

This story was written around 2005 with a general re-write/clean-up April 29, 2009. Disclaimers for the HP universe.
Enjoy!!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny ran a brush through her long, fiery red hair, while staring at herself in the mirror in her dormitory. She was the first one up this morning, and had thrown up a few times. Now, with a pounding headache and a queasy stomach, she was getting dressed to go to the Great Hall early. Very early, in fact. It wasn't even six in the morning yet, but she hated being sick and being trapped in bed.

She was in her sixth year at Hogwarts, and there was only a month left of school. She had been spending a lot of time with Harry, trying to strengthen their relationship before she was left to finish school, and he would be focusing on becoming an Auror. Life had gotten off to a great start and she was thrilled at the idea of a future with Harry. She still couldn't believe how lucky she was. Harry had even mentioned marriage in passing. Ginny was secretly hoping he'd propose to her soon, perhaps in the summer, but she kept this to herself.

She dropped her brush into her trunk, and quietly left the dormitory. She hurried down the steps, and appeared in the cool common room. It was empty and clean, which meant the house elves had been in there cleaning. Walking to the portrait hole, she climbed out, and started for the Great Hall. Feeling rather sick and dizzy again, she picked up her pace, deciding to first go to the Hospital Wing to get a potion.

'Must be the flu," Ginny thought miserably, wiping beads of sweat from her brow.

After what seemed like an eternity, she opened the doors to the hospital wing and was greeted by a startled Madame Pomfrey who came from her office.

"Madame Pomfrey," she whispered, keeping her voice down for the other occupants of the Hospital Wing. Ginny swayed on the spot, swallowing hard so she wouldn't throw up. What was wrong with her? Ginny's breathing had become shallow, and shaky. Her head spinning, she slumped against the empty bed to her left as the room continued to spin.

"Miss Weasley, are you all right?" Madame Pomfrey asked anxiously, placing a hand on her shoulder. Ginny however was about to faint. Shutting her eyes, she felt her body fall backwards onto the soft bed, and then she felt nothing at all.

A little after seven, McGonagall was leaving the Hospital Wing in shock and disappointment after a brief discussion with Madame Pomfrey. She gave the password to the Head Master's office and went to pass the news about Ginny to Dumbledore.

"Professor Dumbledore," Professor McGonagall called grimly, opening the door. "I've just been to see Poppy. Miss Weasley fainted very early this morning in the Hospital Wing." McGonagall began carefully.

"Sit down," Dumbledore said kindly, motioning at the chairs in front of his desk, but she shook her head no.

"She stumbled in at five to six as white as a sheet and collapsed. Poppy got her into bed, and it didn't take long to figure out that she... well..." she pursed her lips.

"Is she all right?" Dumbledore asked, leaning forward in his chair slightly in concern.

"She is...yes. But...she didn't collapse of NORMAL circumstances," McGonagall explained carefully. 'Poppy...discovered- well, Miss Weasley's pregnant' she spluttered. She let out an exasperated breath.

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows. "Well... what an interesting way to start the day." He got slowly to his feet. "And I'm not naive enough to suggest that the child isn't Potters."

McGonagall bristled. "As if that boy's life needs to become more complicated."

Dumbledore went to the door and motioned for McGonagall to follow him. "I'll go and speak with her. Has she been informed of her condition yet?"

McGonagall shook her head no. "No, nothing like this has happened in many years."

"Indeed. And with all the talk of Voldemort and when we think of Mr. Potter it isn't exactly in terms of fatherhood or his relationship with Miss Weasley." He looked slightly amused as they proceeded toward the Hospital Wing.

"Oh Dumbledore, you aren't happy for them, are you? This is inappropriate."

Dumbledore patted McGonagall's shoulder. "I very much agree. And while I think it'll be quite a struggle for the couple. In Harry's case... I think something as wonderful as new life might be a nice change."

"Your optimism always astounds me." And with that, McGonagall opened the door to the Hospital Wing.

"Poppy," McGonagall called nervously to the matron, who was tending to an ill Hufflepuff student. Spotting the Head Master, Poppy nodded in acknowledgment and turned back to her patient to see to giving the boy a potion. Dumbledore and McGonagall made their way to Ginny, who was sitting on the bed, confused as to why she was asked to wait there.

"Miss Weasley?" Ginny looked confused at the Head Master and McGonagall's presence.

Before McGonagall could speak, Dumbledore turned to her. "Professor, perhaps, I could have a moment alone with her,' Dumbledore requested pleasantly. McGonagall hesitated for a moment, but nodded and left without a word.

"How are you feeling?" he asked kindly, looking at Ginny over his half-moon spectacles. "I am told you had a rather interesting start to your day."

Ginny nodded. "I'm feeling a bit better, thank you, sir." She watched as Dumbledore pulled close the screen and waved his wand quickly around the bed.

"Miss Weasley, Madame Pomfrey has come to a conclusion as to what is causing your symptoms, and while it is certainly shocking, I feel it is better to come out with it." He paused and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Am I okay?" she asked worriedly, her brown eyes projecting nervousness and fear of her health.

"Yes," he nodded, "Or at least we hope so." His lips twitched as if to smile.

Ginny frowned, and he continued, "Miss Weasley...it seems you are pregnant."

What little colour that was left on Ginny's face drained away. Her hands began to shake horribly, her eyes welled with tears, and her stomach felt suddenly ill once again. She shook her head furiously.

"I can't be; I mean...no...' she cried hysterically, raising a hand to her face, a trembling white hand. She looked around anxiously to see if anyone had heard.

"I've cast a temporary silencing charm, not to worry." Dumbledore stood up. "I think it would be best, however, if we speak in my office. We can discuss your options and so forth. Would you feel more comfortable, I wonder, though, if Madame Pomfrey discussed such things with you?"

With her eyes welled with tears, she shook her head. "No offense, sir, but this is not a conversation that would feel comfortable with anyone."

Dumbledore patted her shoulder again, and together, they left the Hospital Wing. Ginny felt dizzy again, but this time, she was in shock. It had crossed her mind, once or twice, that this was a possibility, but then again, she and Harry had always been careful. Her stomach churned at the reality before her: she was going to have a baby at seventeen!

They arrived at the Head Master's Office, and Ginny took a seat, as instructed. Dumbledore stared at her, not as a student, as he used to, but as an adult, and this frightened her for some reason.

"I think we shall start with confirmation that the father of this child is our Mr. Potter?"

Numbly, Ginny nodded, unable to speak. She couldn't believe this! Why her? She drew a deep shuddering breath and clutched at her robes.

"You seem as if you might have suspected this?" He asked gently, sliding a box of tissues across his desk.

Ginny hesitated. "Every girl has... scares," she stammered. "I mean, I thought... maybe, but I denied it was possible." She buried her face in her hands and snatched a tissue from the box.

She looked up suddenly. "Will... you tell my parents?"

Dumbledore sat up a little straighter. "No, you are nearly of age. This task will be left up to you. My concern is your health and your adjustment. I will encourage you to finish school, despite the... social implications."

At her nod, he continued, as Ginny began to cry silently again. "There are a few options for you," he added quietly. "You may keep the child and raise it, you could have an abortion, or you could arrange for an adoption."

Ginny pondered for a second but her choice was immediate.

"I'm keeping the baby," she told him firmly, her voice quivering.

Dumbledore nodded. "And the next matter of business... is Harry. I will also encourage you to speak with him immediately and discuss things with him." He paused. "We will worry about other... darker... things and concerns a little later. I think for now, you have a lot to cope with."

"May I... May I go?" Ginny asked weakly. Dumbledore nodded. "Thank you, sir."

Ginny practically ran from his office. She needed to go scream; let it all out. She knew of the possible dangers of having a baby so young. She knew that it would spoil opportunities in life and put a hold on her goals.

She knew that allowing this to happen was a mistake, but the consolation was that she knew in her heart, she could do this. And that so many worse things could have happened. Telling her parents and family would be horrible, and facing the other students at school would be social suicide, but on the positive side, she knew that this was what she wanted. Having a baby with Harry had just happened a few years ahead of plan.

She had a vague feeling she remembered the night that this had happened, but a visit to healers would determine how far along she was. She loved Harry and she thanked Merlin she knew he loved her too. She was so deeply in love with him, and Ginny just hoped he wouldn't reject her for this. After all, this was going to rudely change his plans as well.

She had just walked into the entrance hall to head outside when someone called her name. It was Harry. Feeling her knees go weak, and throat go dry, she turned to face him...face the truth. She took a deep breath and as she watched him approach, she suddenly felt unsure if her confidence in their relationship was more in her head than it actually was.
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear