Search:

SIYE Time:12:54 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Unintended Consequences
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Disturbing Imagery, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 361
Summary: When Ron and Harry got into their fight while out hunting Horcruxes, Hermione ran after Ron leading to some unintended consequences. Even with the best of intentions, things can still go wrong.
Hitcount: Story Total: 149050; Chapter Total: 10616
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta Jennyelf and thank you for the reviews and Silver Trinket Nominations! I really appreciate them!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry and buried her head in his chest as Kreacher took them back to the Chamber of Secrets.

“Wow! Kreacher, you did a fantastic job,” Harry said as he looked around.

They were standing in the Chamber of Secrets, but the area where they were was surrounded by large screens covered in elaborate tapestries. Within the blocked off area, there was a small sitting area consisting of a long blue and gold couch and two comfortable looking armchairs that looked as though they would be at home in the Ravenclaw common room. There was a low table in front of the couch as well as a large table and two chairs like those found in the library. His bag had been placed on the large table. Behind another smaller screen, Harry could see a large four poster bed with Gryffindor hangings and a wardrobe similar to the one he had been using for the past six years in school.

Still holding tightly onto Ginny’s hand, Harry spun around. Kreacher had managed to clean the stone floor and light scented candles to try to dispel the musty, moldy smell of the Chamber.

“Thank you, Master.” Kreacher bowed. “I left the Basilisk where it lay. I didn’t know what you wanted me to do with it.”

“No, that’s fine,” Harry responded. “Do you think you could bring us some food?”

“Of course, Master Harry.” Kreacher disappeared with a pop.

Harry looked down at Ginny, who still had her eyes closed and was clinging tightly to him. He reached down and smoothed back her hair, tucking it behind her ear. His gaze darkened as he took in the assorted bruises on her face, neck, and upper arms. Leaning down, he dropped soft kisses on the bruises he could see. He gathered her into his arms.

“It’s okay, love. Open your eyes.”

Taking a deep breath, Ginny opened her eyes. She smiled as she took in the changes Kreacher had wrought. While the serpent covered pillars were still visible, the overall feeling of gloom and oppression she associated with the Chamber was missing. To her surprise, a small gray kitten ran over to them. Harry smiled and leaned over to pick up the kitten.

“Hey, girl.” Turning to Ginny, he said, “Ginny, this is my kitten, Sparkle.”

Reaching out, Ginny pet the little kitten. “Hi, Sparkle. I’m Ginny.”

Guiding Ginny over to the couch, the pair sat down as Kreacher returned to the Chamber. He carried a platter of sandwiches, as well as dishes of crisps, fruit and biscuits. There was a pitcher of pumpkin juice and to his dismay, Harry recognized a vial of Blood-Replenishing Potion. The young couple settled down to eat. Ginny had a hard time taking her eyes off of Harry.

After she’d eaten her fill, she said, “I can’t believe you are here. I’ve missed you so much.”

Kissing her softly, Harry said, “So what has been going on here?”

“I hate this place,” Ginny said. “It’s been so awful. The Carrows are horrible. They’ve chained students in the dungeon and routinely use the Cruciatus for punishment. The Slytherins have been strutting around like they own the school. Slytherin upperclassmen have been ‘helping’ with discipline. They aren’t as skilled at the Cruciatus as the Carrows, but they are getting better.”

Ginny shivered in remembrance, but continued, “Kreacher has been great. When the Carrows deny us food, he brings food and drink to the common rooms. He makes sure we have potions. I don’t know what we would have done without him.”

“I’m glad I could do that at least,” Harry said. “I’m sorry I left you in this mess.”

Ginny shook her head. “Harry, they would have targeted me if we were together or not. You didn’t expect me to sit back and obey them, did you?”

Harry chuckled. “No. I told Ron and Hermione on September first that you were probably with Luna and Neville plotting mayhem.”

“You were right.” Ginny laughed. She looked over at him. “So you were thinking about me?”

“Ginny, I can honestly say that I have thought about you every single day since we left. I wanted to be with you so badly,” Harry said.

“So what about now?” Ginny challenged. “Are you going to send me home?”

Harry looked over at the tapestry on the wall. “I…I can’t. I really wish I could keep you someplace safe, but there isn’t any such place. I guess I’m just really selfish, but I want you with me. Will you stay with me?”

“As what?” Ginny challenged again. “A friend, a buddy?”

Harry turned his intense green gaze on her. “Ginny Weasley, will you be my girlfriend? I’ve been miserable without you. I shouldn’t have broken up with you, but I just wanted you safe. Obviously that wasn’t one of my better ideas.”

Ginny threw her arms around him and kissed him softly. “Yes, I will be your girlfriend.”

She settled herself on his lap and kissed him deeply. He ran his hand through her hair, bringing her closer. Harry felt a sense of completeness he hadn’t felt since he’d last kissed her, so long ago on his birthday. He lost track of time as he spent time reacquainting himself with his girlfriend.

A long time later, Harry pulled away and surveyed his girlfriend. Her lips were swollen and her hair a mess around her. Both of their shirts lay abandoned on the floor and Harry was admiring the view. He ran his hand across her stomach, touching the belly button ring with his finger.

“I really can’t believe you got this,” Harry said. “It is amazing. When did you get this done?”

Ginny laughed. She knew Harry loved her abs and he had mentioned how sexy she would look with a ring. “My dear sister-in-law was quite busy. Not only did she take you to get that incredibly sexy tattoo, she also took me to get this ring. We were out shopping and I saw a shop that would do piercings. She saw me looking at the rings and told me if I wanted one, she would sign for me.”

Harry looked a little more closely at the ring. It was two dangling hearts, one was a red stone, the other a light green.

“They are our birthstones,” Ginny explained. She leaned her head against his shoulder. “So, what are you doing here?”

Sighing, Harry grabbed his shirt and handed it to her. “I won’t be able to talk to you without your shirt on.”

Ginny giggled and complied. Pouring himself a cup of juice, Harry took a minute to organize his thoughts.

“I mentioned how Dumbledore was showing me memories of Tom’s past. The reason for that is…the prophecy, the one the Death Eaters wanted, it said that I had…that I am the only one with the power to defeat him.” Harry paused for a minute.

Reaching out for his hand, Ginny said, “That is not all that surprising, is it?”

“I guess not, but I sure was surprised,” Harry said. “Tom, as you know, has always been scared of death. He has tried his best to avoid it. He created these things called Horcruxes, which basically are pieces of his soul that he hid in special objects. This is how he was able to survive the Killing Curse when it rebounded on him. It is very deep Dark Magic. You have to kill someone in order to rip your soul into pieces.”

Ginny gasped. “He ripped his soul into pieces?”

“Seven of them,” Harry replied.

“So this is what you’ve been doing? Searching for these pieces of his soul?” Ginny asked.

“Yes. Dumbledore had figured out what he used to hide his soul.” Harry looked deeply into her eyes. “His first Horcrux was his diary.”

Ginny jumped up off of his lap. “His diary? I was writing to a piece of his soul?”

“Yes. That’s why he was able to possess you. It was more than a memory. It was a piece of his soul,” Harry explained.

Ginny sat back down on the sofa looking slightly ill. “Okay, so what else?”

Reaching out for her hand, Harry continued, “Tom wanted significant items to use for his Horcruxes. Professor Dumbledore and I talked about this a lot and think we have figured out what most of his Horcruxes are. He used the diary, a ring that had been in his mother's family, Slytherin's locket, Hufflepuff’s cup, his snake Nagini, and we aren’t sure what the last one is — we think it is something of Ravenclaw’s.”

“So how do you destroy one?” Ginny asked.

“Basilisk venom is one way. The sword was impregnated with the venom when the Basilisk was killed so the sword can be used to destroy a Horcrux,” Harry explained.

Ginny smiled softly at the way Harry made it sound like he had no idea how the Basilisk had gotten killed. “Have you found any of them?”

“Yeah, well Professor Dumbledore found the ring and we found the locket at the Ministry. I…I had a run in with Nagini last week and I killed her,” Harry said. “That was the problem when we were traveling. I don’t know where the cup is or even what artifact of Ravenclaw’s he used. I think he hid something here at Hogwarts, but Hermione kept telling me that was impossible.”

Harry looked up at Ginny and she could see the determination shining in his eyes. “I don’t think it’s impossible. I think that he left something here when he came here to apply for the Defence job. I figured that during the Christmas break would be a good time to come. There would be less people here.”

Walking over to the table, Harry rummaged through his bag until he found the locket. “This is Slytherin’s locket.”

Ginny gasped in recognition. Harry explained how they had broken into the Ministry and stolen the locket from Umbridge. “The locket is horrible. It plays on your worst fears and makes you doubt yourself. I think that is part of why Ron was so miserable. He…he had such a bad reaction to the locket.”

He held the locket out to Ginny. “Do you want to destroy it? You of all people have earned the right to destroy a Horcrux.”

“W-what do I need to do?” she asked as she took the locket.

Harry beckoned her over to an area outside the screens. He gestured for her to set the locket down on a large stone. “Okay, I’m going to open the locket. When I do, stab it.”

Ginny nodded nervously. She took the Sword of Gryffindor from Harry. He closed his eyes and whispered in Parseltongue, “Open.”

The locket swung open revealing two glass panes. Behind the panes were red eyes like Voldemort’s. Ginny shuddered as she heard his cold high voice. “What have we here? Ginevra, it has been too long.”

“Ginny, stab it!” Harry yelled over the sound of Voldemort’s voice.

Ginny stared at the locket in horror as the voice continued, “He doesn’t love you, you know. He just feels guilty. He won’t stick around. You’ll be left all alone. After all, who would want you? You are tainted. You are still mine.”

With a scream, Ginny brought the sword down on the locket. She dropped the sword when the locket let out a loud scream. Harry reached out for her and swung her into his arms. He carried her back over to the couch.

Wrapping his arms around her, he tried to comfort her as she cried into his shoulder. “It’s okay, love. You know what he said isn’t true. I love you. I love you. I won’t leave you, I promise.”

Ginny wiped her tears away. “Do you mean that?”

“What, love?”

“You love me?” she asked shakily.

Cupping her face with his hand, he wiped the last of her tears away. “I love you. I love you so much it hurts. I’m sorry I haven’t told you before. I…I’ve never been in love before and I was scared to tell you. You have such a big heart and you just…you make people feel good about themselves — Luna, Colin, Neville, me. I love that mischievous spark you have. The fact that you love Quidditch as much as I do is amazing. I never feel uncomfortable around you. Talking to you is so easy. I wish I’d noticed you earlier.”

Looking into his expressive green eyes, Ginny could almost feel his love. “I love you. I really do. When I was little, I had such a crush on you. When I first met you, I…I couldn’t separate you from the character in stories my dad used to tell me. When you saved me, I…it just seemed like you were a hero right out of a storybook. I’m sure I made you uncomfortable. After the Yule Ball, I realized you would never look at me if all I did was blush and run away from you. Hermione told me I need to relax around you, look at some other boys. Date some other boys and really discover who I was myself. I found that I could act more like myself around you and I really liked that. During the D.A., I really started falling in love with you all over again. You are so brave and passionate and such a great leader.”

Harry cut her off with an open mouthed kiss. They stayed occupied like that for some time. Ginny pulled back when she realized how heated they were getting. “Love, I think we need to slow down.”

She looked into his eyes that were the darkest she has ever seen them. He nodded and pulled her close. “Can I just hold you for a minute?”

Eventually, Harry got up and opened his bag. He set his books and notes out on the table and stored his clothes in the wardrobe. Kreacher had brought Ginny’s trunk down, as well as the rest of her belongings from her dorm room so she took some time putting her things away. She was going through her trunk to see what she had when she heard a muffled moan. Turning, she saw Harry fall to his knees.

Harry felt as though his scar were on fire. He reached for his forehead, which felt as though it split open. He heard a voice in his head…

“What do you mean they are dead?”

He saw Snape kneeling on the stone floor in front of him.

“They were killed. I don’t know how,” Snape said, keeping his eyes on the floor.

“What about the girl?”

Snape glanced up. “She is gone.”

Looking around the room, he saw Malfoy crouched toward the back of the room.

“Boy, come here.”

“Yes, my lord.” Draco knelt in front on him.

“Do you know what happened?”

“No, my lord. We got the girl and delivered her to Professor Carrow. Pansy’s deception was discovered, but not for several hours. When Blaise and I left, Ginny was curled up on the floor. She didn’t have her wand or any kind of weapon, my lord,” Draco explained nervously.

“Ginny did not make it on the train?”

“No, my lord,” Draco replied.

“So I’ve lost two of my Death Eaters and the girl is missing?”

Draco nodded.

“Crucio!”

Harry curled up on the floor, trying to calm his breathing. The pain in his head was slowly receding.

“Harry.” He felt a gentle touch on his shoulder. “Come on, my love, you should lie down.”

“He knows.”

“Tom?” Ginny asked.

“Yes, he knows the Carrows are dead and you are missing.” He looked up at her, his eyes glassy with the pain. “Wait, we need to let them know you are safe.”

Ginny nodded and hurried over to the table for a quill and a piece of parchment. Handing it to Harry, he hastily scrawled a note letting them know Ginny was safe. He signed it simply with a lightning bolt.

“Kreacher!”

When the elf appeared, Harry handed him the note. “I want you to give this to Professor McGonagall. Make sure she is alone.”

Ginny helped him over to the bed. He shyly stripped off his jeans and climbed in. Ginny leaned over to give him a kiss.

“Will you lay down with me?” he asked quietly.

Blushing, Ginny nodded. She also stripped off her jeans, leaving her in just her underclothes and Harry’s shirt. She climbed into bed with him. The two fell asleep, wrapped in each other’s arms.
_________________________________ _____________________________________
R emus reached out for the note. “This is it? After weeks of no news, he writes Ginny is safe?”

“Is it his writing?” Bill asked from the corner.

“Yes,” Remus and Minerva answered together.

“Does that mean that he was at Hogwarts today?” Remus asked.

Minerva sighed. “I don’t know. No one reported seeing him and Severus would certainly have been one of the first to accuse him if he believed Harry was involved.”

Glancing at her watch, Minerva said, “I need to get back. Severus went to…share the news. I don’t know what will happen when he gets back.”

Several hours later, an impromptu meeting was taking place at the Burrow. Arthur Weasley had returned from the Ministry with news. The Auror department was taking the stance that Pansy’s involvement was simply a prank taken a bit too far and Ginny would show up eventually. The lead Auror on the case seemed to feel Ginny was sneaking off to meet with a boy and would return home safe and sound. After this revelation, Arthur slipped some Calming Draught and Dreamless Sleep Potion into Molly’s tea. He felt she didn’t need to hear this conversation.

The twins showed up after their shop closed and brought Alicia with them. While Mrs. Longbottom and Mrs. Finnegan had returned home, both Neville and Seamus were happy to stay and do what they could to help. Hermione and Ron had an awkward reunion with their classmates as they tried to explain how they’d gotten separated from Harry.

In the absence of Molly, Bill and Fleur managed to get a simple meal of beef stew and bread prepared and on the table.

Tonks turned to Neville. “Tell me again what happened when Ginny got the note this morning.”

“We had all just left the common room and were ready to head down to the train. A little girl from Hufflepuff approached Ginny with a note from Snape. She read the note and asked us to take her stuff to the train,” Neville explained.

“Do you know who the girl was?”

“Not by name. I think she’s a second year Hufflepuff.”

“Did Ginny seem upset about the note?” Kingsley asked.

“Not upset, just…aggravated that she had to meet with him,” Seamus answered.

Tonks looked over at Kingsley and he gestured for her to continue. “I don’t mean to seem indelicate, but is it possible she went off to meet with someone?”

“No!” Neville and Seamus answered immediately.

“First she would never make us worry like that,” Neville said. “Plus she just wouldn’t do that.”

“The students questioned by the Aurors indicated that she is…quite popular with the boys and they weren’t surprised she would sneak off to meet someone,” Kingsley said quietly.

“What?!” There was an explosion of noise at Kingsley’s statement. Ginny’s brothers were furious at the aspersions on her character.

A whistle pierced the noise and everyone turned to see Neville standing on his chair. “I am sure the students who the Aurors spoke with are Slytherins. Ginny is not like that at all and I think most people know that.”

“Does she have a boyfriend?” Tonks asked.

There was a moment of silence. Neville and Seamus exchanged a look. “Yes.”

“What?” Hermione exclaimed, speaking up for the first time. “Who is she seeing?”

“Harry,” Neville said quietly.

“He broke up with her,” Ron said heatedly. “He promised he’d stay away from her.”

“Has he been in contact with her?” Remus asked eagerly.

“Not since her birthday,” Neville explained. “But he sent his elf to look after her. He responds to her orders.”

“Kreacher?” Hermione said icily. “She is using Kreacher?”

“Yes, Hermione. She is using Kreacher to get us food when the Carrows denied us and to get us potions when we need them,” Seamus said almost angrily. “Without Kreacher, I don’t know what we would have done. She hasn’t been abusing him or anything.”

“Did she see him on her birthday?” Remus asked.

Seamus shook his head. “No, she didn’t see him. That’s when he sent Kreacher to her for the first time. He sent her a ruby and diamond bracelet. That’s actually how we knew for sure that the Ginny on the train was an imposter. She didn’t have the bracelet on and then she didn’t know the answers to any of our security questions.”

“Security questions?” Kingsley asked.

“Yeah, she got the idea from Harry. Security questions are a series of questions that only our small group would know how to answer to prove we are who we say we are,” Neville explained.

Turning to Hermione, Remus asked, “Would Harry go to Hogwarts?”

Hermione rolled her eyes. “I thought we talked him out of it. He had this idea that he could find what he was looking for in Hogwarts. I don’t see how You-Know-Who could have hidden something in Hogwarts that Professor Dumbledore never found. Harry gets these ideas in his head sometimes that don’t make a lot of sense. The last time he was like this was at the Department of Mysteries and we know how well that turned out.”

“Actually, Hermione, last year he was trying to convince anyone who would listen that Draco Malfoy was a Death Eater and we all blew him off,” Remus said harshly. “I think we know how that turned out.”

Hermione looked slightly ashamed, but did not respond.

“So could she have planned to meet Harry?” Tonks asked.

“I don’t think so,” Neville said. “She wouldn’t make us worry like this. Plus why would they have killed the Carrows?”

Kingsley sighed. “I need to get back to the Ministry. I don’t know where Ginny could be. Robards is arranging to search the castle. If she is there, we will find her. I can’t imagine that either of them would have killed the Carrows. I saw the classroom. It was a bloody mess.”

As he stood, he turned to Arthur. “Can I speak to you outside for a moment?”

Arthur stood and walked the Auror to the Apparition spot for the Burrow. Kingsley sighed. “Arthur, what are you going to do with those two?”

“Ron and Hermione, you mean?”

“Yes. If anyone from the Ministry comes around, Ron will need to make a miraculous recovery and Hermione will need to be gone. Have you given any thought what to do with them?”

Kingsley asked. “You might not have much time. I hate to say this, Arthur, but I don’t think it wise to send Ron back to Hogwarts. He is angry and feels he has something to prove. That is not a good combination.”

Arthur turned back to look at his family’s home. He had known this would come up eventually, but had hoped to put it off until after the holidays. “Perhaps they could stay with Bill and Fleur until after the holidays. After that, we can make arrangements for them to stay with Fleur’s family in France.”




Reviews 361
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear