Search:

SIYE Time:13:46 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Unintended Consequences
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Disturbing Imagery, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 361
Summary: When Ron and Harry got into their fight while out hunting Horcruxes, Hermione ran after Ron leading to some unintended consequences. Even with the best of intentions, things can still go wrong.
Hitcount: Story Total: 148847; Chapter Total: 10484
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thanks to my wonderful beta, Jennyelf!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry woke early on Christmas morning feeling happy and content. He hadn’t been this happy since he had been dating Ginny in the spring. While he had been crushed when Ron and Hermione had left him, he now realized it may have been a good thing. He’d found and destroyed two more Horcruxes as well as destroying the locket and was feeling much more confident in his own abilities.

The wizard rolled over on his side and caught his breath as he saw Ginny sleeping beside him, her glorious hair spread out on the pillow. Raising himself up on his elbow, he watched her sleep for a few minutes. She was so beautiful. He really didn’t know how he’d gotten so lucky. After the first night, they had just gotten into the habit of sleeping in the same bed. He ran an appreciative eye down her body. The shirt she was wearing had ridden up revealing her toned abs. He didn’t know why, but he found her abs and especially that ring incredibly sexy.

Reaching out tentatively, he ran his hand across her abs. Her skin was so soft and inviting. Raising his eyes, he watched her eyes flutter open. She smiled as she stretched, exposing more of her toned body to his eager gaze.

“Good morning, beautiful.” Harry smiled and kissed her softly. Ginny responded eagerly, deepening the kiss and lacing her hands into his messy black hair. She tugged at his hair, pulling him so he was more firmly on top of her. Harry braced himself over her, balancing his arms on either side of her. He tried to keep his lower body away from hers, but as their kissing got more heated, he lowered his hips to hers.

Ginny gasped as she felt the evidence of his arousal against her thigh. Rather than backing away, she pushed up against him. He groaned in response, a sound that Ginny found extremely erotic as it echoed through him.

He tore his mouth from hers and started kissing his way down her neck. He cupped the back of her head with one hand and slid the other hand up under her shirt. She pushed his shirt up, caressing his chest and with a bit of effort, managed to get both of their shirts off. The feel of his naked skin against hers was like adding oil to a fire. She felt desire burn through her. She had never felt like this before.

“Please, Harry,” she whispered as she ran her hands over his hips and tugged at his sleeping pants.

He stared down at her, desire clouding his vision. He knew that if he thought about it, there might be a reason to stop; but with the feel of her soft skin and the look in her eyes encouraging him, he couldn’t think of a reason. While neither of them knew exactly what they were doing, they followed their instincts and came together in an explosion of love.

Afterwards, Harry gathered her in his arms as he tried to catch his breath and waited for his heartbeat to return to normal. He pressed soft kisses into her neck. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”
_________________________________ _____________________________________
R emus watched happily as Dora opened her presents. It amazed him to think that this time next year he would have a son or daughter with whom to celebrate Christmas. Most of the presents he’d gotten his wife were baby related. He’d even been able to get her a beautiful aquamarine bracelet in honour of the baby’s birth month.

“You look very happy.”

Remus turned to see his mother-in-law joining him on the couch. “I am. Dora makes me happier than I ever truly thought possible.”

Andromeda nodded and turned her attention back to her daughter. Remus grimaced slightly. He had severely damaged his relationship with his in-laws with his behaviour shortly after his marriage. While Dora had taken him back with a love and understanding he still didn’t think he deserved, Andromeda was still very angry with him. To his surprise, it had been Ted who had been much more understanding. As a working class Muggleborn, he had married an extremely wealthy Pureblood witch, who turned her back on her family in order to marry him. Ted knew all about not feeling worthy of your wife.

With Ted currently on the run, Remus and Dora had moved in with Andromeda. Things had been very tense the first few weeks, but Remus felt he was slowly making headway with Andromeda. He tried every day with his actions to show Dora how much he loved and cherished her and how incredibly sorry he was that he’d tried to push her away. Andromeda was slowly starting to believe him.

In the early afternoon, Dora went to take a nap. This was a habit she had just recently begun. After telling Andromeda he would be back for dinner, Remus left the house and Apparated to Godric’s Hollow.

He walked past the town centre, ignoring the heartbreaking statue and strode determinedly into the churchyard. After looking around, he conjured a marble bench next to his good friends’ graves and sat down.

“Hi, James, Lily. Happy Christmas. So much has happened this year; I don’t even know where to begin. I am married and we are expecting a child. Can you believe it?” Remus laughed softly. “Well I’m sure that you two can believe it. You were always telling me that it would happen for me someday. I married Nymphadora Tonks, Sirius’s cousin. She is an amazing woman. You know me, I tried to convince her that I wasn’t the right man for her. I’m too old and everything, but she burst through all of my excuses and I’m so glad she did. She truly brings colour and joy back into a life that had long slipped into melancholy and gray.”

Glancing around the graveyard, Remus conjured a small Christmas tree and placed it by their graves as he spoke. He told them about Harry’s mission from Dumbledore and the events of the fall. He spent quite a few minutes imagining Lily yelling at the old man for endangering her son.
“I don’t know where he went. I wish I could find him, but we don’t think he’s alone anymore. It seems like he rescued his…I don’t know if she’s his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend from…something. We don’t even know what happened, but he sent us a message, saying she is safe. I think both of you would really like this girl. She’s strong, smart, and stubborn. Last Christmas before they got together, I watched him watching her and I swear, Prongs, it was like getting thrown back in time watching you moon over Lily.”

He proudly told them how Harry had yelled some sense back into him and sent him back to Dora. “James, you would have been so proud of him. He reminded me so much of you. I really think that might be why I went to him. He…he really is the best of the two of you.”

As the sun began its descent, Remus realized the time. “I need to go, my friends. Happy Christmas, Lily. Happy Christmas, Prongs. I will let you know when the baby is born.”

Remus headed towards the old church when a voice spoke. “Happy Christmas, my friend.”

Keeping his wand hidden, but ready, Remus turned. To his relief, it was the old pastor whom he had met many times over the years. “Happy Christmas to you, sir.”

Nodding towards James and Lily’s graves, the older man said, “I see you were visiting your friends for Christmas again.”

Remus smiled. “Yes, sir. I haven’t missed a year in quite some time.”

“I thought you may have come early this year. They have had several visitors recently.” The priest remarked, “I’ve seen several offerings of flowers and I saw a young man here. He was most distressed the first time he visited, but he came quite regularly for a short time.”

Remus froze. “A young man? What did he look like?”

The old priest thought for a moment. “He was a bit taller than you, quite thin. I took him to be a teenager, but I never spoke to him. He had dark hair and glasses and he spent quite a bit of time speaking to them. Do you know him?”

“I think he might be their son, Harry. I-I have lost contact with him. If you see him, will you let him know that Remus is looking for him?” Remus asked.

Smiling, the old priest nodded. “Certainly, my son. I would be glad to relay your message.”

“Thank you, sir and Happy Christmas again.”

_____________________________ ________________________________________ _
Harry wrapped his arms tightly around Ginny and held her still under the Invisibility Cloak. He dropped a kiss on her neck before resting his chin on her shoulder. They were standing in the empty Great Hall admiring the Christmas decorations.

“It is so beautiful here during the holidays,” Ginny whispered. “The tree is always so huge and it looks amazing. The baubles and ribbons are fantastic and I love the fairy lights. They are so pretty.”

“I loved the tree at your house last year. It looked like a paper chain explosion. It was great. My aunt would never have allowed anything like that on her tree,” Harry said.

“What do you mean?”

“My aunt and uncle are both very motivated by what other people think. She decorates her Christmas tree according to what is popular or what she thinks makes her look sophisticated. One year she had all white decorations; another year it was all angel decorations. The decorations never mean anything to her,” Harry explained.

“That is so sad. That’s not the way to celebrate Christmas,” Ginny said.

“I know. Remember how beautiful the Great Hall looked during the Yule Ball with the frost and the garland?” Harry asked.

“I was so amazed. That was the first, actually that was the only Christmas I spent here. My first and second year, Mum wanted me home. I hated going home when my brothers got to stay here. I was kind of jealous of them actually.”

Harry blushed. “Sorry, I think that Ron used to stay because of me. My relatives made it very clear to that I wasn’t welcome there for Christmas and I was always very glad to stay here. The first time I ever really celebrated Christmas was here.”

“What? How is that possible?”

“My relatives…you know they didn’t want me with them. On Christmas, I had to sit in my cupboard while they opened their presents. Dudley of course got tons of presents, most of which he broke or ignored after the first few days. Once they were done with their presents, I was allowed out to fix breakfast. After breakfast, it was my job to clean up the wrapping paper and ribbons and such. I used to imagine what it would be like to get presents, I mean real ones. They would sometimes give me things like clothes hanger or an empty box.”

Ginny felt tears stinging in her eyes as she listened to his matter of fact description of his childhood. In that moment, she hated his relatives as much as she hated Tom for what they had done to him. She resolved that he would never spend another Christmas feeling unwelcome and unloved.

“Ginny, do you want to take a walk outside?” Harry whispered into her ear seemingly unaware of how his disclosure had affected her.

Blinking back her tears, she looked back over her shoulder. “How can we? Wouldn’t our footprints show up in the snow?”

Harry shook his head. “No, there is a charm that will obscure our footprints. What do you say?”

Ginny laughed. “Sure, let’s go.”

After taking another quick look at the Marauders Map to ensure they wouldn’t run into anyone, the pair hurried out into the cold, winter evening. They walked slowly along stealing kisses and just enjoying each other’s company. When Ginny shivered for the second time in a few minutes, Harry reluctantly called for Kreacher to take them back to the Chamber of Secrets.

Ginny gasped as she looked around their living area. Kreacher had been very busy in their absence, hanging greenery interspersed with red ribbons and brightly coloured fairy lights. The table they normally used as a desk was set up as a table for two complete with flowers and candles. A smaller version of the Christmas dinner the elves had prepared for the rest of the castle was set up for the two of them. She looked over at Harry and saw that he was just as surprised as she was. He smiled at his elf. “Kreacher, thank you so much. It looks beautiful.”

The elf straightened proudly under his master’s praise. “Thank you, Master Harry. You and Mistress Ginny deserve to celebrate Christmas, even if it is in the dark place.”

After Kreacher left, Harry gestured for Ginny to join him at the table. It was filled with mince pies, turkey and roast beef, stuffing and pigs in a blanket, bowls of roast potatoes and Brussels’ sprouts and parsnips, cranberry sauce and rolls. Next to their plates were glasses of Christmas punch and Kreacher had even placed Christmas Crackers on the table.

Harry smiled widely at Ginny as they sat down. “This is amazing. I mean it would feed us for more than a week, but it is great.”

As they ate, Ginny shared stories about her favourite Christmases growing up. Harry was fascinated into this glimpse of life in a big family.

After dinner, the couple moved over to the couch. Harry pulled her onto his lap and kissed her deeply. “I wish I could have gotten you a present.”

Laughing, Ginny asked, “What would you have gotten me?”

Harry looked at her appraisingly. “I’m not sure. I’d love to be able to get you everything you want. Those romance novels you read, new clothes, new Quidditch gear, pretty jewellery — whatever you wanted.”

Ginny smiled. “I don’t need all of that. I would never ask you for it.”

Kissing her softly, Harry said, “I know. That’s why I want to give you everything. I know how hard it can be making do with hand-me-downs. You don’t need new things, but it can be hard to see other people with beautiful shiny new things.”

“I don’t complain,” Ginny said slightly stiffly.

“I know, baby. You never complain, but I know your roommates can be mean about you not having new things. I know they used to make fun of you for wearing boys’ robes. I would get so mad at them. I even yelled at them once. It was my third year and they were…they were just mean and I kind of just let them have it,” Harry said earnestly.

“You did?” Ginny relaxed back against him. It warmed her to think of him defending her. “I didn’t even think you noticed me back then.”

Harry laughed. “Of course I noticed you. You were the first witch my age I ever saw. I remember watching you run after the train wishing that I had a little sister who would miss me. I wished I could talk to you, but you…well you always blushed and…I didn’t know what to do to make you able to talk to me.”

“I was still so in awe of you then,” Ginny said. “Remember that day, when you sat with me during lunch? I tried so hard to talk to you and I really had no idea what to say to you.”

Laughing, Harry said, “You were so cute. You kept turning all red and getting flustered. Ron and Hermione were fighting over something and I didn’t want to deal with them. Hermione was going nuts trying to take so many classes and Ron was being Ron. I saw you sitting there by yourself and I couldn’t help myself.”

Ginny smacked him lightly. “It’s not nice to laugh at me.”

“I’m not laughing at you. I just think you were so cute.” Harry silenced her argument with a kiss.

Their kissing slowly turned more heated. Regretfully, Harry pulled back. “Ginny. We need to talk about what happened this morning.”

Ginny sighed. “Do you regret it?”

“What? No! I was so afraid that after we woke up again, you might regret it or be angry with me for…not stopping.”

“No, I…I knew what I wanted.”

Harry blushed. “What…I didn’t even think about any kind of…protection.”

It was Ginny’s turn to blush. “I…I’m on a potion. It’s supposed to help with cramps, you know, during my period. It works as a birth control potion.”

Harry blushed harder at the mention of her period, but he nodded. He cupped her cheek with his hand as he looked deeply into her eyes. “I love you, Ginny. I think you are the most amazing, most beautiful, and most sexy witch I have ever seen in my whole life. I know that maybe we should have waited, but I also know that I never want to do that with anyone but you. If I survive this confrontation with Tom, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know we are young, but I know that I love you more than I will ever love anyone else.”

Ginny could feel the tears well up in her eyes as she listened to the love of her life pour out his heart to her. “I love you. I would love to spend the rest of my life with you. I will make certain that you never feel unloved or unwelcome ever again.”

Harry kissed her softly. Ginny shifted around on his lap before whispering to him, “Harry, let’s go to bed.”

_______________________________ _______________________________________

Arthur headed into the small nondescript pub a few blocks from the Ministry a few days after Christmas. Looking around, he nodded at a few colleagues before heading back to one of the private rooms. His lunch companions were already waiting for him. Kingsley Shacklebolt was looking out the window while Remus Lupin was sitting on a small loveseat reading the Daily Prophet. A luncheon of steak and kidney pie with chips was sitting on a small table along with cold bottles of butterbeer as well as plates and silverware.

“Arthur,” Kingsley said as he entered. “I was beginning to think that you wouldn’t be able to get away.”

“It is hard to act naturally,” Arthur replied as he helped himself to some food. The other two men did the same and they sat down around a low table and ate quickly.

Kingsley broke the silence. “I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you any warning about the search.”

Arthur nodded absently. The Ministry had sent two pairs of Aurors to the house on Boxing Day to search for Ginny. The official line was now that she had run away.

“That’s okay. They didn’t find anything and I’m glad that Ron and Hermione had gone back to Bill’s. I think the search more than anything helped convince Molly that we need to find a better solution than the pair of them hiding at Shell Cottage.”

“What are they going to do?” Remus asked curiously.

Sighing, Arthur twisted his wedding ring nervously. “Hermione will be headed to Beauxbatons. Fleur has spoken with her family and Madame Maxime and helped pave the way for her to enrol.”

“Really? I thought maybe she would head for Australia,” Remus remarked.

“No, she doesn’t want to get her parents until she is sure it is safe,” Arthur explained.

“What about Ron?” Kingsley asked. “The Ministry believes that he is secluded with Spattergroit.”

“We’ve had a hard time deciding what to do,” Arthur said sadly. “Ron hasn’t helped us out much. He’s angry. I would hate to send him back to Hogwarts. He wasn’t thrilled about the idea of going to Beauxbatons either. After much discussion, we are going to send him to Romania. He’ll be staying with Charlie for a while. Ron is floundering and I’m not really sure how to help him. He and Charlie have always been rather close and I think it will be good for him.”

“Good,” Kingsley said. “I’ve been worried about your family.”

“So, you wanted to talk to us?” Remus asked Kingsley.

“Yes.” Kingsley explained what had happened at Hogwarts. “It was almost like he was trying to help us, but I’ve never really understood Snape.”

“So basically he was saying that Draco Malfoy may have had a hand in Ginny’s disappearance,” Remus said thoughtfully.

“Yes, that was corroborated by Neville Longbottom and Seamus Finnegan. They were concerned about the attention Malfoy was paying to Ginny,” Kingsley explained. “Snape said something about her past associations. Do you know what that might mean?”

Arthur paled. “Merlin, please tell me that is not true.”

“What do you mean? Arthur, what’s wrong?” Kingsley asked urgently.

“You-Know-Who. W-when Ginny was in her first year, s-she was tricked into writing in his old diary. He used her and possessed her. He made her open the Chamber of Secrets. H-Harry rescued her. He k-killed a Basilisk in order to rescue her,” Arthur explained, tears welling in his eyes as he thought of his daughter’s traumatic first year.

“Merlin,” Remus breathed. “Do you think that is what Snape was trying to tell you? That You-Know-Who is after her?”

“That actually makes sense. He said something about those looking for her being persistent and hinting at Malfoy’s involvement. If the Carrows were going to deliver her to You-Know-Who, Harry may have found out somehow and rescued her,” Kingsley said. “Killing the Carrows in the process. The poison; it could have been Basilisk venom. Arthur, how did Harry kill the Basilisk?”

“The Sword of Gryffindor, h-he pulled it from the Sorting Hat. Fawkes, Dumbledore’s phoenix, helped him. He brought Harry the Sorting Hat and Harry pulled the sword out of it and used it to kill the Basilisk,” Arthur told the other two men.

“If You-Know-Who is after her, then being with Harry is probably the safest place she could be,” Remus said quietly.

“That’s not all,” Kingsley said. “After Snape’s comments, we looked around Godric’s Hallow and discovered that Bathilda Bagshot is dead. It appears she died some time ago. Interestingly enough, we found the remains of a very large snake in her house. It appears to be the same snake that attacked you, Arthur. Its head was chopped off — probably with a sword.”

“Harry?” Remus asked.

“I guess so. I…I didn’t realize he had any connection to swords. Why would he have gone there?” Kingsley asked.

“Hermione said that Harry really wanted to go to Godric’s Hollow. He may have found out that she knew his parents. He is always desperate for stories about his parents. The old pastor at the church in Godric’s Hollow described a young man visiting James and Lily’s graves. So I believe he spent time there,” Remus said slowly. “Maybe he found something that led him to Hogwarts.”

“But we searched the school,” Kingsley said. “We didn’t find any evidence of either him or Ginny. We searched manually and magically. I mean, it is possible we missed something, but I don’t know where.”

“If he did kill the Carrows, why would he stay there after he killed them?” Remus asked reasonably. “It would make more sense that he left, taking Ginny with him.”

“So we just need to figure out where he would go next,” Kingsley said. “Do you know where that might be?”

The three men looked at each other helplessly.
Reviews 361
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear