Search:

SIYE Time:15:13 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


After the Horcrux
By Manwe Valarian

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Rape, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 138
Summary: Harry and Ginny were meant to be together, but that doesn't mean things will be easy. They must deal with a rebuilding British magical community, fame, and even overprotective family members.
Hitcount: Story Total: 76445; Chapter Total: 2579
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Some clumsy and awkward moments with Harry and Ginny.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Brian and forty other originals crept through the jungle towards the forbidden area, the Realm of the Crocodile. The area had haunted his people for generations. It hadn’t been there from the beginning of time, but no one remembers when it appeared. One day, a group of hunters came upon it. They tried to cut through the boundary hedge and were killed. Various other hunting parties tried to discover what was inside of the hedge, but none survived. It was soon labeled taboo, and now generations later the thought of walking near it strikes fear in everyone in his tribe.

The forty warriors accompanying him were frightened by the hedge but are curious what was inside of it. Brian told them that a powerful man was going to a tear a hole into the hedge. Brian couldn’t tell the nonmagical people about goblins. He just hoped they reacted to a flood of goblins rushing out of the opening.

Regi had sent him a letter asking for help in stopping the goblins. They had met years ago and had struck up a friendship with their common love of Herbology. Magic had run in Brian’s family for as long as records were kept. His fellow tribesman didn’t scorn or fear him. Being magical in his community was revered not scorned. He just never did magic with a wand in front of his fellow tribesman.

BOOM!

At the sound of the loud noise, Brian held up his hand. It was unnecessary because everyone had stopped walking. They were all craning their necks to try to see where the noise was coming from.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

Bria n could feel the pulse of magic flowing through the trees that surrounded them. He could not see where the noise and magic were coming from. There was another loud noise accompanied by an even stronger pulse of magical energy.

“Look!” shouted one of the tribesmen. He was pointing to his left.

Brian moved to the left and saw what the man was pointing at, it was the hedge wall and it was quavering. It looked as if it was alive. Another loud boom was heard, and the hedge shot out chunks of the vine twenty feet into the jungle.

“Everyone get behind a tree and stay low. Remember, don’t shoot anything human coming out of the hedge,” he ordered them.

“If it isn’t human than what is it,” asked an older man.

“Our enemy,” said Brian. He could tell that the rest of the people in his group didn’t believe him completely. It was obvious he was not saying something. No one questioned him.

Another loud Boom was heard and this time a beam of magical energy shot out of it towards them. It splintered two trees that grew too close to the hedge.

“Move back,” Brian ordered. “We may be too close!”

Everyone moved further away from the hedge which was now wavering. The noise was happening every second and blasts of energy kept erupting from the hedge destroying large sections of the jungle. The intensity of the noise and eruptions of energy kept increasing until there was a blinding flash of light. All the noise stopped, and the hedge had disappeared to be replaced by this wall of bluish-white energy. It seemed to stand there for a second before moving away from them at an incredible speed.

It destroyed everything in it path as leaves, limbs and various debris from the trees flew into the air. The wall of energy rushed towards a point; miles away from where they crouched behind trees. It stopped there for a second before exploding outward. The blast was so intense it knocked them over.

Standing up Brian looked out over the area that had haunted his ancestors. It now a massive hole in the jungle. A large expanse of swamp that stretched out for miles and was littered with splintered wood and debris.

“Crikey, mate, that looks like a nuclear bomb exploded in there,” said Elea. He was the eldest of the group. He carried the scars of the traditional rights of manhood and his nose had been pierced for a bone.

“Yes, it does,” said Brian looking at the massive destruction. He had never imagined that magic could do something like they had just witnessed.

“I suppose we should go in there and see if any of your friends survived,” said Elea.

“Yes, I suppose we should,” said Brian, as he started to walk slowly to the hole in the jungle.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Pain and confusion filled Harry’s mind. His right side pulsed with pain with every heartbeat. His back was also throbbing, but its pain was different. He tried to move his head to better see where he was and the extent of his injuries, but something was holding his head in place. He probably could not see anyway, because his glasses were not on his face. The light was mottled as though it was partially blocked by something.

Every effort he made to move resulted in a sharp pain from some other place on his body, and the feeling like he was being restrained. He thought he could hear voices around him, but they were strangely muffled.

He thought he heard someone shout that they found him. A second later the light hit his face full force as a branch was pulled off him. The face that might have been Regi McKinnon appeared over him. She quickly waved her wand over him. He recognized it as a diagnostic spell that Madam Pomfrey had used on him many times before.

Regi’s mouth moved, but he couldn’t understand what she was saying. He saw her reach her hand beside him and say something to person beside her. Mr. Weasley appeared above Harry with a worried look on his face. He placed is wand beside Harry’s neck. Harry could feel water being siphoned off beside him. He hadn’t realized that he was partially submerged in water until it disappeared. As the water ran out of his ears, he could understand what everyone was saying.

“Harry, can you understand me know?” asked Regi.

Harry could barely croak out a yes.

“You are a right mess. I am going to Levitate you out of the mud before I try to fix you up. This is going to hurt so try to bare with it.”

Harry could feel the pull of magic on his body, but something was holding him back. Pain started to throb from his back with greater intensity causing him to groan in agony. The spell was gently canceled as he was lowered back down into the mud.

“Something is holding me down,” Harry was able to say in a harsh whisper. “It hurt.”

Regi leaned forward and thrust her hands down his side and under him. While this was happening, he felt someone place his glasses on his face. When the world appeared to him with greater clarity, He saw Ginny. She was beaming down at him. Her face looked as if she had been crying there were tracks of tears on her mud smeared face. Her hair was a mess. It was a jumble of mud, sticks, and leaves sticking out in every direction.

“Hi Harry,” said Ginny weakly. “You did it again. You saved us all.”

Regi’s hand hit something that caused Harry to groan in agony.

“He is impaled through back and the root is still stuck in the ground.,” she said to the people who were gathering around him. “I am going to Stun you, Harry. I am afraid the pain will be too intense when we move you. We will fix you up before Ennervating you. Do you understand?”

“Yes,” Harry whispered again.

“Any questions or anything you want to say?”

Harry turned his head as much as the mud would allow him. “Nice hair Ginny,” he said with a laugh.

Ginny eyes went wide for second, before she pointed her wand at him. There was a flash of red and the world went black.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Harry awoke feeling wobbly headed. He tried to open his eyes, but they didn’t seem to want to react at first. When they finally opened, he saw that he was some place different, but it was too bleary to see where he was.

Ginny appeared in his vision and kissed him before placing his glasses on his face.

“How are you feeling?” she asked.

“I hurt all over. What happened? How is everyone else? Did everyone make it?” Just asking those questions made Harry feel weak.

Ginny smiled at him before looking somewhere else. “He is awake.”

“Good, I’ll be right over.” Said some man out of Harry’s vision.

“That is Healer Swanson,” said Ginny. “Regi sent for him when we got you back here.”

Healer Swanson appeared in Harry’s vision, and started to run diagnostic charms on him. He was an older gentleman with a sallow complexion, a narrow face, and pale eyes behind large glasses, and white hair that was combed back. He spent several seconds waving his wand over Harry’s right arm, his chest, and his left leg.

“How are you feeling, Mr. Potter?”

“Sore, and I can’t move.”

Healer Swanson laughed a little. “I doubt if you are just sore with the amount of injuries you sustained” Ginny laughed at the healer’s statement. He looked at her with a strange expression.

“Harry has been injured so many times over the past seven years that he had his own bed in the infirmary at Hogwarts.”

“Really that often,” asked a shocked Healer.

“Yes, it comes with fighting dark wizards every year,” said Hermione. She and Ron appeared in his vision.

“How are you doing, Mate?” asked Ron.

“I am trying to ascertain that information,” said the Healer rather stiffly.

“Sorry, we will return after he is done, Harry,” said Hermione. She bent down and kissed him on the forehead. “Thank you.”

They moved from his sight before the Healer spoke again.

“I have placed you in a medical body bind. It is to keep you from moving while you heal. Even with your history of injuries, you are in a very fragile state, Mr. Potter. You have multiple internal injuries from being impaled on several roots. Your wand arm sustained multiple fractures and your left leg was broken in four different places.

“The most amazing thing is it seems that your magical core hasn’t been depleted considering the spell you cast. It will take several days before you can be released from the body bind and even then, you will need to be in bed for several more days, before you can resume normal activities.

“I have left several days of potions with Regi and Miss Weasley. They will be administering them. I will also return every day to monitor your condition. You need rest. The Pain potion will make you sleepy, so fall asleep.

“It has been an honour to make your acquaintance Mr. Potter.” Healer Swanson said to him. He then looked around him. “You can talk to him but remember he needs his sleep.”

Healer Swanson moved out of Harry’s sight and Ron, Hermione, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Mr. and Mrs. Granger, and finally Regi encircled him.

Harry went to ask if everyone was alright, but Ginny placed a finger on his lips to silence him.

“Everyone is alright Harry,” she said. “The entire goblin city was destroyed along with everything that wasn’t protected by your Shield Charm.”

“Harry,” said Hermione. “That Shield was so powerful. That it protected everyone, but the force of that wall of energy colliding with your Shield must have done all this damage to you.”

“Your wand was driven through your right hand and the bones in your arm were shattered,” said Regi. “We figure you were bracing yourself with your left leg and that is the reason why it was so badly damaged. The force of the collision drove you so far into the mud that we couldn’t find you for several minutes. It also impaled you on a couple of roots. I was concerned about infection and your internal damage was out of my abilities to heal. Brad Carl called for Healer Swanson.”

“Once again Harry, you saved us all,” said Mr. Weasley.

“And nearly died in the process,” snapped Ginny. Everyone looked at her. “Well he did,” she added defiantly.

“I don’t understand,” said Harry. “I never cast a Shield Charm. I never had a chance to say the charm, and I am rubbish at nonverbal spells.”

“You weren’t this time, mate,” said Ron. “Hermione believes it’s that save-the-world complex you seem to have.”

“Its time for you to take your potions and get some rest,” Ginny spoke up. She sounded just like her mother. “I don’t want any argument from you take them all. So, open up and start swallowing.”

Ginny put one vial after another to his lips and poured them down his throat. Each one seemed to taste worse than the last. It may have been the combination of the potions, but it didn’t matter he shivered from the taste. Even before he finished the last vial, he could feel his eyes getting heavy.

“Go to sleep Harry. The sleep potion will wear off in eight hours, when it will be time for another round of potions.” Ginny leaned over and kissed him good night.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Every eight hours for the next two days, Harry would wake up to Ginny kissing him. She would then talk to him for a few minutes along with Ron, Hermione and others. He had discovered that Hermione’s Memory Charm on her parents had broken with the stress of being kidnapped and exposed to the slave labor in the goblin city. There seemed to be some tension between Hermione and her parents, but it didn’t seem to be too severe. Ron and Mr. Granger had bonded over their love for chess. A couple of times when Harry was awake Ron wouldn’t come and talk to him because he was in the middle of a chess game.

He was pleased to hear that all the people who had been captured and enslaved had survived the destruction of the city. They cannot be sure, but they believed that none of the goblins survived the destruction of the shield. It can only be assumed that the House Elves also perished. Hermione seemed a little sad about that, since the House Elves were slaves to the goblins.

Healer Swanson appeared to examine him every day. After two days, he was pleased with his progress and lifted the medical binding on his body. He still insisted that Harry remain in bed for another three days before trying to get up. If everything progresses properly Harry can have his bandages off in five days and be free to resume normal activities.

After having the medical bind lifted Harry tried to move and found he could barely move because the bandages were so constricting. He could move his left arm and his right leg. The rest of his body was wrapped up so tight that he couldn’t even bend to sit up.

He could move his head to the left and right and up a little, so he could see around him instead of just the thatched roof above him. There were people here that he didn’t recognize. Ginny had told him they were officials from the Australian magical community. They were coming up to inspect the goblin city and talk about how things were in the city. They were also bringing Daily Prophets, so her Dad could keep up with news back home.

“How is everything back in merry old England?” he asked her.

She smiled at him. “Let me get a paper and show you.”

Ginny stood up and walked over to where her father was sitting with her mother on a wicker settee. She looked through the stack of papers and pulled out a section from each one. Harry knew she was up to something by the smile on her face as she walked towards him.

Ginny sat down and showed him the headline of the page, Potter Watch: I spent the night with Harry Potter. “I am jealous Harry,” Ginny said icily. “You skipped out on me and traveled half way around the world to sleep with her. There was also the time you were seen driving a car through Muggle London, shopping in Liverpool, and the multiple other times you spent the night with other women sometimes with more than one in a single night. Well, what do you have to say for yourself.”

“Yeah, Potter quit cheating on my sister,” said Ron from his chair as he and Mr. Granger were involved with a game of chess.

“You know, Harry. If it is in the paper it has to be true,” said Hermione.

Harry could hear the sarcasm in Hermione’s voice. “Don’t they have anything better to write about?”

“Its even better,” laughed Ginny. She put down that paper and picked up another. “There are pictures of you with another woman and your baby.”

Harry stared at the picture of a young couple. The man who the paper claimed was Harry Potter had black hair, round glasses and fair skin. Those were the only similarities between him and the man in the picture, who resembled Seamus Finnegan more than him.

“Bloody Hell,” exclaimed Harry louder than he intended.

“Language, Harry,” said Mrs. Weasley from the settee.

“Sorry, don’t those reporters have anything better to do than to make up stories about me. This bloke doesn’t even look like me,” he shouted. “What do people think of Kingsley and what he is doing with the Ministry?”

Ginny gave him a warning look a second before a man started talking to him.

“Hello, Mr. Potter, my name is Gregory Bobbins the Secretary of International Cooperation here in Australia.” He had walked to Harry’s left and extended his right hand. Harry shook his hand awkwardly with his left.

Gregory Bobbins was a tall thin man with greying brown hair and fine-featured face. A person might even call him delicate. His dressed neatly and stood with an air of formality. He reminded Harry of Percy Weasley.

“Minister Shaklebolt has been doing a wonderful job with the British Ministry. He has been working tirelessly to reestablish communications with all the other magical governments. Mr. Arthur Weasley would be able to give you a better update on what is going on within the Ministry itself. He has been receiving daily communications from Minister Shaklebolt.

“After you have fully recovered, I have many things planned for you and Mr. Weasley to attend to help improve relations with magical governments from this section of the world…”

Harry’s eyes glazed over as he listened to Gregory Bobbins go on about schedules, dinners, and dignitaries.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Harry sat and stared up at the starry sky. It was midnight and he couldn’t sleep. Healer Swanson said he was completely healed. He wasn’t given any potions today. He had been sleeping constantly for the past week, and tonight he wasn’t sleepy.

Regi’s complex was still filled with Wealsey’s, Grangers and other friends of hers. Everyone was sleeping on temporary mattresses placed on the ground. She had a Charm placed around her property to keep out crawling and slithering things. He had to be careful not to step on anyone as he walked out of the building.

Harry smiled as he could hear Ron’s snoring all the way out here. He was a good fifty feet out of the compound. He decided to lay down on the soft grass that covered the ground. The night was warm, but not uncomfortable. The sky was clear, and it seemed that every star was shining extra bright tonight. He laid there for several minutes trying to pick out any constellations that he had studied in Astronomy class. He never paid much attention to the chapters on the constellations of the southern hemisphere, since they couldn’t spot them on the tower. The only thing he could spot was the Southern Cross.

Even though he was focused on the stars, he heard the soft sounds of someone walking in the grass. He instinctively rolled over and reached for his wand. In the moonlight, he could easily tell it was Ginny.

“Harry is everything all right?”

“Yeah, I couldn’t sleep. How about you?”

“I couldn’t either,” she replied softly. “Do you want company?”

“Yeah, sure, come lie down,”

Harry laid back and put his arm out to his side thinking she would lay next to him. Ginny laid down, so her head was on his stomach, so they formed a large letter “T”. He laid his hand on her stomach, which she grabbed with her two hands. He could feel tension in her hands.

“Couldn’t you sleep? Did you have a nightmare?”

“I got up to check on you, and you weren’t there.”

“I have slept so much in the past week. I doubt if I will be able to get to sleep for another week.” He laughed at his comment, but Ginny didn’t say anything.

“Thank you for taking care of me,” he said and gently squeezed her hands. “You don’t need to check on me anymore.”

“We all thought you were destroyed by that wall of energy. We couldn’t find you for almost ten minutes.” She squeezed his hand even tighter. “That’s twice in two weeks Harry.”

“Twice?”

“That is twice in two weeks that I thought you had died.”

“I am sorry, Ginny. I — I don’t know what to say.”

“Do you love me, Harry. I love you. I really love you.”

Harry was taken aback by this question. “Yes, I really love you too, Ginny. Why?”

She turned and looked him directly in the eye. “Make love to me.”

Harry didn’t know what to say. He never expected this request. He was expecting her to yell at him. As he laid there in shock Ginny got up and sat on him straddling his hips. She leaned down and kissed him while starting to unbutton his shirt.

Harry was further shocked by Ginny’s behavior. Her kiss wasn’t her normal passionate kiss that made his heart melt it was mechanical and devoid of all passion. Her fingers fumbled with the buttons on his shirt.

He placed his hands on her shoulders. “Please stop,” he whispered to her. “I love you, but I am not ready for this. I -I don’t think you are either. Ginny we still have time.”

A single tear hit his face, before Ginny almost jumped off him and sat on the ground with her back to him. Her head was down so her hair covered her face. Harry could tell she was crying. He reached out to comfort her, but she pulled her shoulder away from him.

“I have watched you die twice, within two weeks. That doesn’t include the person who tried to kill you in Diagon Alley. Do you have any idea how much that hurts to see the one you love die? You remember what it felt like when Sirius and Dumbledore died. I have had to go through that twice now.”

Ginny, I…,”

“Don’t tell me that you won’t put yourself in danger. Danger will find you.”

“…I know I will always be marked for danger. I can’t promise you that I will always be safe either.”

“You said you broke up with me to protect me. You couldn’t stand the thought of losing me. It hurts just as much for me, Harry. If you die, I am not sure if I could go on. If I did, I don’t think I would ever want to be with anyone else. I just wanted to…”

Ginny stopped talking and lifted her head up as so to stare at the woods. Harry could tell if she had stopped crying.

“…I’ve bollocks this all up,” she said and started to get up.

Harry grabbed her hand. “Please stay with me. I am sorry that I wasn’t ready to — to make love to you. I can’t promise that I will live to be a hundred, but I do love you and need you in my life. Please stay.”

“You probably think I am a stupid bint.”

“No dear, you are not a bint,” Harry said.

“You prat,” Ginny said and turned and pushed him to the ground.

They hesitated to look each other in the eyes for several seconds before kissing. It was as Harry remembered her kisses, soft warm and full of love. The kiss turned into a snog. After a few minutes of snogging, they laid down on the grass and stared up at the stars. Nether one spoke for several minutes, when they did it was about how beautiful this all was. The warm jungle night, the stars, and having each other.

After some time, Ginny started to fall asleep on Harry’s shoulder. He nudged her to wake her up.

“I think you need to get to bed,” Harry said to her. “How much sleep have you been getting over the past week. Every time, I woke up you were right there.”

“I couldn’t sleep more than an hour or two. I had to check to see if you were still alive.”

“I am sorry that I’ve put you through so much pain and worry.”

“I guess I should expect it, after all I am The Harry Potter’s girlfriend.”

“You are my girlfriend. I am not The Harry Potter.”

Ginny leaned into him. “I am glad I am your girlfriend, because The Harry Potter in the Prophet isn’t very fit.” She kissed him, then stood up and offered him her hand.

“Isn’t the man supposed to offer the woman his hand?” he asked.

“Do you really think like that? That I am the little woman and should be all sweet and delicate.”

Harry grabbed her hand and pulled himself up. “I think you are sweet, but not delicate.”

“Good,” she said as she wrapped her arm around his waist.

They were walking back to the house, when they could hear giggling and splashing from the natural pool. Ginny stopped walking and looked at Harry.

“I think Ron and Hermione are up to something naughty,” she whispered. They were almost to the open sided building.

“Let’s give them a little surprise.” She pulled on Harry’s hand.

“Ginny, I don’t know about this. It sounds like they are doing more than just a little snogging. I don’t know If I want to see that much of them.”

“Oh, come on,” she said with an evil glint in her eyes that reminded Harry of the twins.

She pulled him down the path that led to the pool. The pool was surrounded by undergrowth, so no one could see who was in it. The path wound around so you could be on it and not be seen from the pool until you were standing on the banks.

In the short distance to the pool, female giggling could be heard, and low male laughter also be heard. Harry was having a bad feeling about this. There was a splashing sound that Harry could only imagine what was happening. Ron has a nasty temper and Hermione would not appreciate him gawking at her.

Ginny stepped out of the path pulling Harry after her. He only saw a bit of the water, before Ginny’s hand was slapped over his face.

“MOM, DAD, what are you doing?”

“Ginevra, what do you think you are doing out here at this time of the night,” shouted Mrs. Weasley. “And with Harry. You go back to the house this instant.”

“I can’t believe you, two. Acting like this,” shouted Ginny, while holding her hand over Harry’s eyes. “Why can’t you act like — like old people.”

Ginny pushed Harry back into the brush before taking her hand off his eyes.

She turned and walked back to the house pulling him in the other direction along the path. Harry couldn’t help himself. He started to snigger at Ginny.

“What is so funny, Potter.”

“They were acting like adults. After all, there is a reason they have so many children.”

Harry never saw Ginny’s wand before the Bat-Bogeys erupted from his nose.

“Find your own way home, you prat.”

“What, Ginny why did you do that. Damn, I hate this Curse,” shouted Harry.


Reviews 138
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear