Search:

SIYE Time:0:25 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Prodigy: Born Again
By Milarqui

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, General, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 51
Summary: Some people think that Prodigies are born. Some people think Prodigies are made. What would happen if both sides of the coin were right? Follow such a Prodigy, one called Harry James Potter, as he finds within himself the ability of Magic and he makes his own way into the Magical World. NOTE: For those that wonder, this is a re-write of the original Prodigy. I have taken this route in order to eliminate the plot-holes that were in the original. Thanks for your support.

The author has stated this story will not be continued. SIYE


Note from SIYE: The original author of the story “Prodigy,” jmcqk6, has told SIYE he has abandoned his story and has given permission to other authors “that anyone could do whatever they want with it.” There is no issue of plagiarism involving this story. ~Sir Ollivander ~SIYE Administration
Hitcount: Story Total: 39425; Chapter Total: 3764







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 5 — Knowing Is Half The Battle

knowledge — n. pl. knowledge. Facts, information and skills acquired through experience and education; the theoretical or practical understanding for a subject.


“I'm glad you chose to come back, Moony,” Sirius said, giving his best friend a pat on his back.

“Yes. It was quite nice of you to guilt trip me into coming back, Padfoot,” Remus replied sarcastically.

“Oh, come on, you know you love me,” Sirius said. “Besides, aren't you glad that you are going to be able to keep working with the Werewolf Research Foundation here in England?”

“Sure. Especially after a mysterious donor gave the WRF an island near the coast with a castle attached so that they could work there with the werewolves well isolated and without taking risks of them attacking other people.”

“That's nice. I guess that I should do something to equal such a great donation. What do you think I should do, Moony?”

“Own up to the fact that the island and castle were yours, perhaps?” Remus asked.

“I don't know what you are talking about,” Sirius replied.

“Funny. Here I thought that I was the brains of the Marauders,” Remus replied with sarcasm. “Sirius, I have known you since we were eleven. You have been unable to hide something from us Marauders of this kind since day one. I still remember when you let loose that you guys had realised you knew about my being a werewolf. And after that, that you were planning to become Animagi. Honestly, Sirius, I still wonder how the hell you were able to even pull a prank on any of us.”

“Hey, I get the WRF to expand to Britain and this is the thanks I get from you? See if I ever do something that nice for you.”

“See, Sirius, this is what I was talking about. You let out the secrets when you get just a bit riled up.”

“But... Oh, you are so going to pay for that, Remus Lupin.”

“I don't know what you are talking about,” Remus said with a smirk.

“You... you... you werewolf, you tricked me!”

“Ask me if I care. Now, are you going to help me settle down or will I have to put my things in their place on my own?”

“Coming, coming,” Sirius replied, tiredly. “Honestly, you do something good for him and he doesn't even say thank you...”

~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prodigy ***~~~***Prodigy***~~~

Entry 39

Continuing with my discovery about those potions ingredients with similar properties, I have found that most ingredients have several properties, with each property being the same to the properties of other ingredients. I think that, maybe, there is a chance that ingredients as they appear in the book are actually combinations of smaller ingredients, just like chocolate is actually made of cocoa, sugar and more things. I believe that it may be possible to use certain ingredients in other ways than intended.

I have just finished reading Prometheus' Journal. It seems that, after the catastrophe that destroyed Atlantis, he managed to reach land and started selling people things he made with his magic, but when he was caught by the non-magical people, they thought he was evil and decided to tie him to a mountain, facing the sun, thinking that it would kill him. His magic helped him survive, but he was kept tied for a lot of time. He felt guilty for trying to bring magic to non-magical people, until he realised he was not at fault for what had happened, at least not completely. That he should have been more careful, and made sure that they could be at ease with magic.

In the end, he broke the ropes that tied him to the rock and took away from there. He made a deal with a magical race known as Goblins and gave them the money to start some kind of magical business — which, according to Mum's books, is a bank called Gringotts — and also gave them his journal, to safeguard it, and charm it so that it remained around the place where he lived before being tied to the rock, but placed in a hidden room in the most secure building in the surroundings, until someone worthy of it appeared and recovered it. Am I that person? I certainly don't feel like it.

As for my study of charms, I have been advancing quite well in that matter. I have started to practice Transfiguration, which, according to Mum's diary, was a speciality of Dad's. I have already managed to practice several Transfiguration spells, such as the one that turns metal into wood and back. I had some fun with a needle, turning it into a match and back into a needle several times. I wonder if Dad could do this as easily as I do.

It is late, and I am nearly asleep. Tomorrow, I hope I will be able to work more on the potions ingredients idea. If it works, it will be really great!


~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prod igy***~~~***Prodigy***~~~

A week had passed from the day Hogwarts' new school year had started when Arthur Apparated to the road near his house, and walked the distance, marvelling once more at the sight of his house. While it was true that it was slightly strange and Muggles would probably say that it was an architectural nightmare, he was proud of it. The house may not be as regal as the Malfoy mansion, but the Burrow had something much more important, it had the warmth of family and love, and that was something few houses could show.

When he opened the door, he found his wife was sitting down, knitting something. He knew that this was a potentially bad sign: when Molly started to knit, it was because it was either near Christmas and she was making the Weasley Family's Christmas jumpers or because she was worried. He approached her from behind and gave her a hug.

“Hi, Molly,” he said, kissing her cheek. Molly left the knitting over the table and stood up, hugging her husband back. “What is worrying you?”

“It's Ronald. This morning he hasn't been paying attention to his lessons, and when I asked him what was going on, he just shrugged and kept silent. I thought that maybe he was ill, but he has nothing. He is in his bedroom right now, and I don't know what to do with him.”

“Don't worry, Molly. I'll ask him what is happening. He may be willing to tell me.”

“Thank you, honey. You are the best husband a woman could ask for,” she whispered and brought him a bit down to kiss him.

“I'll be down again soon.” Giving his wife another kiss, he left her to her own devices, while thinking what was going on with his youngest son. He suspected it might have to do something with the fact that the older children were at Hogwarts, but probably that was not all. Walking upstairs, he wondered what the twins and Ginny were doing now. If he wasn't mistaken, the twins would probably be outside, trying to play Quidditch on the family's old brooms, while Ginny would probably be either with her friend Luna or painting in her room, which had become her hobby in the last year.

When he reached Ron's bedroom's door — which was on the highest level, right below the attic — he knocked on the door and opened it, to see his son sitting by the window, looking at the sky outside. He seemed to be distracted by the birds flying.

“Ron? Can I come in?” he said, trying to catch his son's attention. Ron slightly turned towards him and silently nodded, which Arthur did not take as a good sign, given that he knew Ron tended to be more vocal. He sat down on the bed, near his son, and touched his shoulder, to signal that he wanted to speak with him. Ron turned around on his chair, and Arthur could see that he was sad.

“What's the matter, Ron? What has happened with you to leave you like this? Your mother has told me you have been this way the whole day, and frankly, we are worried. Please, tell me,” Arthur implored.

After a few seconds of silence, Ron spoke.

“It is not fair.”

Arthur waited for his son to continue. Now that he had finally gotten him to speak, he knew Ron would tell him everything else.

“It is not fair. Ginny has Luna. The twins have each other. Bill and Charlie have friends at school. And Percy has left. All of them have friends but me.”

Alas, therein lies the problem, just like with all other kids, Arthur thought. Ron was the youngest boy, and that was very important. Before he got his new job, with the correspondent pay raise, as well as the reward for catching Pettigrew, nearly everything Ron had was a hand-me-down from his brothers. However, there was still one thing that the money could not get, and that was children Ron's age. The brothers immediately older to Ron were Fred and George, and as twins they tended to spend most of their time together. Percy spent some time with Ron, playing with him, when they were younger, but the four year difference between them, as well as their different personalities, were big blocks between them. And Ginny, as tomboyish as she was, she still liked girl things and spent a lot of time with Luna. That left Ron alone for a lot of time, and there were few things he was interested in.

There was Quidditch, but he still needed a couple of more people for that. And chess, in which Ron had become quite the good player in the last two years, still needed one person that had the time to stay with Ron for several minutes or maybe hours. What his son needed was a friend of his age, one that he could spend time with and that he could stand with on even ground.

The only problem with that was that all the kids around here were Muggles, and it would be very hard for Ron to have his friends come over, or vice versa, without risking the possibility of breaking the Statute of Secrecy.

Wait a moment, he thought. There are magical children of Ron's age in England. If I am not mistaken, Harry Potter was born the same year as Ron... as well as Neville, the son of Frank and Alice. He shook his head when remembering what had happened to Frank and Alice, who had been two great Aurors and had gone mad from overexposure to the Cruciatus curse, done by the Lestrange family members and Barty Crouch Jr.

And Neville now lives with his grandmother Augusta, who has no other grandchildren. Maybe Neville and Ron could be friends.

He brought Ron nearer to himself and kissed his forehead. “I understand, Ron. Not having friends is hard, isn't it?” he asked, and Ron nodded. “Don't worry, I am sure you will find a friend soon. In fact, I think I know someone that could be your friend.” This time, he saw the ghost of a smile on his son's face. “That's better. Now, why don't we go downstairs and tell your mother what happened? That way, she won't be worried any more, and then I can make a Floo call.”

Ron nodded again, and Arthur smiled, thankful that his son had heard him. He just hoped that Ron was actually able to make friends with Neville, and that perhaps that would help his son gain the confidence he did not seem to have now.

~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prodigy***~~~* **Prodigy***~~~

Entry 70

Finally! This morning I managed to make my idea work! It has taken me several attempts (I lost count after number twenty), but in the end I have made a potion work with ingredients different from those in the actual recipe. It was a Elastic Paste, which, when applied to a hard object, makes it as elastic as rubber or more, depending on how much paste is applied and the proportion of the ingredients used to make it. I put it on the table and soon noticed it was pretty easy to stretch on the places it was applied. The effect lasted for about six hours, a bit more than the original potion's effect. Maybe this is because of the use of different ingredients? I should probably go to the library. Perhaps there is something not magical that can be applied here.

My studies in Transfiguration continue working very well. The chair I transfigured into a marble statue two days ago changed back to a chair a couple of hours ago. It was happening as I ate in the kitchen, to my obvious surprise and Hedwig's, who was resting on the table. I am not sure what has to be done to make a transfiguration permanent, but I suppose I will find it in some other book.

I may soon have to find a new blank book to continue my journal, this one is nearly full. If only I had something like the computer Vernon always boasted of when he was at the house, or like the one in the library, maybe I could just write on a blank page and the whole writing would just be put somewhere else, while letting me find it again if I wanted it to.

Wait, I just heard the woman's voice again. She said that I was having a good idea, and that I should be able to find some things in one of my parents' books, one that I had not opened yet. Her tone, however, tells me that I should be able to do much more than just a journal, that it could be much, much bigger than only that. Hmm. Maybe, if my hunch about potions ingredients is right, I could make something that helps to separate the different small ingredients.

But, well, that's something to do tomorrow. Now, it is quite late, and I am yawning too much. I'm calling it a night.


~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prod igy***~~~***Prodigy***~~~

What Harry didn't know at the moment — but the old woman that spoke to him probably did — was that this action would be the start of something far greater than what the young child could believe. The start of a revolution that would change the way people thought about magic and everything related to it.

It all started, as every revolution does, with a small thing. In this case, it was the first idea Harry had: a journal. It was not a normal journal, though. It was a special one, the first of its kind. Harry had looked for all the charms it needed, and practised them several times on other things until he felt ready to cast them all, consecutively, on the same thing.

First, he took a blank, leather-bound book that was kept on a shelf in the potions lab in the basement — it had been pure chance that he found it — and had then taken several gems that were stored also in the basement to act as repositories of the energy and to keep the information that was written in the book. He set the gems on the book's leather cover carefully, in the points where they would do their work. It was a hard work that took him a whole day, but when the gems were set, he cast the charms and soon he had a journal of practically infinite length and where looking for a certain entry was as easy as tapping one of the gems and saying the word or words he wanted to look for.

Once he had the journal made, he started on his next project: the ingredient analyser and separator. After finding in the library a chemistry book that talked about the Periodic Table of Elements, he thought that it was a good background idea for his own. This project took a couple of weeks, because it was complicated to make the whole thing work together as he wanted it to, but in the end it was finally built and the next weeks were spent making a table for the different ingredients he could find. He knew that there would be many ingredients that didn't show up, but at least he still had a lot of possibilities. He organized the ingredients within the table according to the use in potions — medicinal physical properties, medicinal psychic properties, protective properties, offensive properties... — and then organized them alphabetically according to their actual effect.

Of course, given the high number of ingredients he could find — although, fortunately, it was way lower than the number of those in Flamel's book — the table ended up being quite huge, and it also lacked information like where he could find each ingredient, so he also had to build something that allowed him to reach that information easily. His journal was not enough, but it was the point where he would base his next idea.

In one of his infrequent travels to the library to find more books, he had seen a computer. It was the first time he had seen one, although he had heard of them through Vernon. He didn't know how it worked, but he thought he knew what it did. The only thing he was sure of was that it had some kind of glass in front of the rest, so he started working from there.

He managed to take a glass window out of its place without breaking it and studied it, to later make two copies of the glass and restore the window to its place. One of the panes of glass was darkened until it was nearly black, and then he took a piece of completely white parchment that was slightly smaller than the panes and fixed it in the centre of the blackened pane of glass. The only thing left was to fix the transparent pane to the black pane of glass, so that the parchment was between them, but that would have to wait until he could find a way to keep all the ink in the screen and also to be able to move it at will without risking the ink's absorption into the parchment.

Another problem he worked on was that of making what would be the place where the information would be saved. He now knew, from his tests with the journal, that gems could be used for that, and certain gems were better than others, but he didn't have too many gems and didn't know how to get more, so he guessed that maybe he could study the normal gems and see if he could get something similar from other, more common ingredients, or perhaps he could duplicate the gems as he had duplicated the window glass.

Fortunately, the other problems were easy to solve. For example, he made a keyboard, so that when he had to write on his computer, it was easier than having to use a quill or a pen — at least it would not require any ink but that into the computer screen. He also searched for some way to have something catch the sound of his voice and send it as information into the computer, and he thought he had found an idea, but he couldn't be sure that it would work until he had everything.

His work on the computer didn't mean he had stopped his work on potions, or on learning new charms. In fact, in the former he was advancing by leaps and bounds: now that he knew that his theory was correct, he had started to actually apply it to potions, to make them “purer”, so to speak. His hard work paid off when it turned out that each potion that he made using the new method became improved in some way or other. Normally it was the time it had to be brewed, because, by using the pure ingredients instead of having to wait for each ingredient to separate from the others and react in the appropriate way, it cut a lot in the time needed to do it.

Also, it helped him try new charms and incantations which he could use in the construction and development of his computer. The search for charms that could help him achieve what he intended usually resulted in finding other charms that were interesting to know, and thus he practised them.

Of course, he knew that there were still many, many things that he didn't know yet. But he also knew that, if he worked very hard, the number of things he would not know would reduce.

~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prodigy ***~~~***Prodigy***~~~

Someone knocked on the door to the office. Severus, who was busy reading Monthly Potions Journal and very interested in some potions that had been developed in South America, put the magazine down slightly angry at having his time off teaching children that didn't know the difference between carnelian and jasper cut into.

He opened the door and found a person he certainly didn't expect, nor would readily welcome into his office: Sirius Black.

“What do you want, Black?” he asked, his feelings towards Black quite clear in his voice.

“I have come here to talk business. Nothing more, nothing less.”

Sirius' neutral tone told him that he was being truthful, or at least he was trying to be truthful, but Severus still didn't believe it. After all, Black had been a consummate liar during his stay at school, and the whole thing with the Fidelius Charm, managing to keep quiet the fact that he wasn't the Secret Keeper, was something on a whole new level.

“Why should I believe you?”

With a look of 'I-should-have-expected-this', Black pulled something out of his pocket. Severus pulled his wand out of his pocket very fast, ready to defend himself, but then he saw that Black only had a roll of parchment on his hand.

“Honestly, Snape, I know that I haven't given you many reasons to trust us, but, seriously, pulling out your wand at the first sign? This is only a contract I want you to look at.”

Severus, still distrustful, waved his wand towards the parchment roll, and it didn't glow, which surprised him. That small detecting charm would have shown the existence of any enchantment in the parchment roll, and the lack of glow told him that this parchment lacked magic. So, either Black was telling the truth and he was giving him a contract bereft of any magic, or he was incredibly good at producing charms that could hide magic from detection. Given what he knew about those, he conceded the point that the former was likelier. He took the contract and opened it, in order to read it. It was short, and the details were interesting, but first he wanted to understand the reason behind this.

“Why?” he asked.

“Have you ever heard of the Werewolf Research Foundation?” Severus nodded. It had appeared on the newspapers several months before. It was an American organization that worked on finding something that allowed werewolves either to control their monthly transformations or to cure them of it altogether, and they had had some successes in treating werewolves. Last he had heard was that they were expanding into England, thanks to a mysterious benefactor that had donated an island with a castle, so that they could work there. He wondered if Black had been the 'mysterious benefactor'.

“Yes, I have.”

“These last months, they have been working to put their main base in Britain at full capacity, and it was a week ago that they have managed to start operations. There are several werewolves that have already joined it, and things are working out OK. Remus is working with them, and I have recently joined it, to become one of its representatives.”

Severus raised an eyebrow.

“Look, Snape, I know that you hate me, and I do not fault you, I know that I was a huge idiot when I was a teenager and James and I were particularly stupid when it came to dealing with you. However, you cannot say that you were completely innocent on the whole thing we had ongoing.”

Severus rolled his eyes, but internally he conceded the point that Black was making.

“Anyway, I don't like you either, but I would be daft not to recognise that you are a great Potions Master. Thing is, the WRF wants to make a deal with you. They are asking you to help them prepare Wolfsbane potion and teach others to do the same, as well as research on finding a cure or treatment for lycanthropy. You wouldn't be required to do this a full-time job, only something on the side while you keep working here at Hogwarts. They have lots of research they have already developed during the past several years and are willing to share it all with you. You would be paid for every potion you made and for every person you taught to make the potion, as well as for any research work. Should you manage to develop a better treatment or even a cure, the patent would be jointly owned by the WRF and you, and everybody would know you were the one that managed to make the cure. No fine print, I swear.”

Severus had to admit that the deal was a good one. Making Wolfsbane potion, while it was long and hard, it had several long periods of time where the potion had to settle, so if he timed it well, he would be able to teach classes and watch out for the Wolfsbane. If he taught other people how to make the potion, it would certainly make things easier, as those people could watch out for the potion during his classes. And he also had to admit that having the chance to discover something as important as the cure for lycanthropy was very attractive to him.

“What's into it for you, Black?” Severus asked.

“Besides the chance of you finding something that might help Remus? Nothing.”

The two men stood, looking at each other, until Sirius blinked, and the apparent stand-off between them was broken.

“I will have a closer look at this and consult with my solicitor, but, if what you have told me is true, then I think I will accept the deal.”

“I am glad,” Sirius replied, and after Snape closed the door, he left for Dumbledore's office. He wished to talk for a few minutes with him before he left for his house.

~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prodigy* **~~~***Prodigy***~~~

Entry 121

I have to say that I thought it would be easier to make it, but finally, I have managed to finish building the computer. I found the charms for the ink in one of Dad's books, seems he made notes for something similar to what I had in mind. I don't know what it was, but it would be cool to know if he finished it.

After I fixed the glass to make the screen, I cast all the charms. I then tested all the extras, like the keyboard or the sound writer, and they worked well, so I started to feed the data on the ingredients, so that I could keep it all in there. It was nice, and finally I can work on the potion making thing without having to check several huge parchment tables.

Talking about potions, there is something else I want to do. Mum's journal talked about Dad and his friends becoming Animagi, which are wizards and witches that can become animals. According to a book I found, someone who wants to become an Animagus has to make a special potion and then drink it, which will cause the person to have a dream about the animal they can turn into.

The book also says that not everyone can become an Animagus, but I think that maybe I can actually do it, because Dad was one before. Now that I think about it, can you inherit that? After all, if your eyes and everything else can be inherited from your parents, why can't you inherit magic? And why do Muggleborns exist? Maybe there is some reason that explains why Muggleborns and Squibs exist.

Another thing I am interested in is magic. How it works, to be exact. Why can we see spells? I mean, magic is magic, but there must be a reason we can see a light when the spell comes. Maybe the magic in the spell interacts with what it comes in contact with. And what exactly defines the effect the magic has?


~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prodig y***~~~***Prodigy***~~~

“Mum, can I go to Neville's house? He told me the other day that we could fly around for a bit and play Quidditch,” Ron asked, his Cleansweep broom over his shoulder and a Quaffle under his hand. Molly looked at her son, smiling at how much he had changed in the last months, and decided to pull a small joke on him.

“Well, I think you would be able to do it, after all, unless something has happened, the Floo network isn't down, our fireplace is working and Neville's is working too, and probably Neville is not away with his grandmother...”

“Muuuuum!” Ron moaned. Ginny appeared in the kitchen, carrying with her a wooden easel, a canvas, a palette, a box and a seat.

“Hi, Mum. May I go to the orchard? I had an idea for a painting and I think that it would be nice to do it now, since the weather is so good.”

“Of course you may, Ginny,” Molly replied, smiling while she looked at Ron.

The last thing Ginny heard as she came out of their house was her brother groaning and repeating his question, but with the subtle change she had pointed out.

The sun was shining magnificently in this spring day, and Ginny liked it so much that she had decided to make a painting of it, to capture it in the canvas. Two years ago, she had asked her parents for some drawing implements as a birthday present, and they had given them to her, puzzled at their daughter's attitude. Everything changed when she gave them a charcoal drawing of the whole family she had done on a piece of blank parchment she had been given with the drawing implements. That drawing now hung proudly near the fireplace, protected by a series of spells done by recently-appointed Gringotts Curse Breaker Bill Weasley.

Not ones to squash one of their child's abilities, Arthur and Molly bought their daughter more drawing and painting supplies, with which she made beautiful paintings that were hung in every room in the Burrow. All of Ginny's brothers were proud — and a bit jealous — of their sister's ability, which was almost magical in how she was able to draw up anyone with just a few strokes.

She found a place where the colours were wonderful, and put her things down. She set the easel and the canvas on its place and the seat in front of her, and then she opened her box and pulled out a small charcoal piece, which she would use to delineate every object in the painting before actually using the paints.

Half an hour later, she had all the objects put into place within the canvas. However, there was still one part she didn't know what to do with. In reality, there was nothing in the middle of the field. But, on the painting, there were two beings: one of them was a black-haired boy that seemed to be her age or Ron's, and the other was a dark-skinned wolf that, for some reason, had a pair of great wings on the back.

She had tried to erase the kid and the wolf from there, but when she did it the painting felt strange, incomplete, so in the end she just left the figures where they were. She was reminded of the strange dreams she had had in the last year or so. Those dreams always had a boy — the same boy on the painting, now that she noticed — and the boy was doing several things, like running next to a white owl, writing on a book or making potions. She thought it was strange that she dreamt about him so much, and that she never saw an adult with the boy, but she didn't think much about it. They were just dreams.

Once she was finally happy with the initial sketch, she opened the box and pulled out the paints she would be using for the painting, and applied them carefully over her palette. Slowly, the painting evolved from the black-and-white sketch into a colourful and brilliant painting that looked almost like real life. Even the two extra forms melded very well.

Unfortunately, as good as this painting was, she wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to show it to her Mum. It wasn't as if she could actually explain who the boy was, or what that wolf was doing, because she didn't have an idea about them. Nor could she even say why they were there, or even why she had painted them. She doubted that Mum would actually accept her explanation of 'It was as if the painting wouldn't let me not put them'.

No, this painting, she would keep with herself. She would hold onto it, and when she met the boy in it, if he was real, she would give him the painting. Maybe this meant there was something very important between both of them.

~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prodigy** *~~~***Prodigy***~~~

Entry 368

The spell analyser now works perfectly! After realising that the magic interacts with matter in a different way than sound, light or other matter, I was able to modify everything so that it could detect magic. It was really difficult, because magic is unlike anything else: it can work with normal things, and when interacting with normal space it can produce light (most spells produce a light as they travel through space, Lumos Charm especially), sound (the Cannon charm) or force (the Banishing Charm or the Disarming Charm).

Now, the spell analyser can translate the effects to a graph, much like sound can be translated to a graph as well, but it is a really strange one. I cannot make heads or tails of what each part of the graph means exactly, but with some work and using more spells, I may be able to ascertain how everything works.

I finally control the transformation of my skin into the Pegasus wolf skin. It was pretty funny watching myself on the mirror as it all changed completely. Using Dad's books on animals, I've started to look into how wolves are, because, since the wolf is nearly most of the body of my form, it should have much similarity. The only problem is the wings, because I guess that they would change a lot in the body, especially if the wolf has to fly. Maybe the answer can be found in the actual Pegasus, since it also has wings and the normal animal (the horse) doesn't.

I have finished reading all of Mum and Dad's schoolbooks on Charms. Some of them, I was unable to do, because they need someone to practice them on, and, well, since I only live with Hedwig, it is quite stupid. Not to mention that Hedwig wouldn't like to be a guinea pig for my spells. I wish I could make something that could behave like a human, but wouldn't be an actual human... some kind of doll that would react like a person would. It could be possible, but also really difficult to make.

Who knows, I could try to search the other books, maybe there is something there that can actually be useful.


~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Pro digy***~~~***Prodigy***~~~

Narcissa sighed as she heard her son slamming the door to his room. The last few years had been very hard for her after Lucius was sent to prison. She was glad that, although she had supported the Dark Lord's pro-pureblood policy, she had never joined the Death Eaters, nor had she participated in her husband's bribing efforts. She had had to pay a fine, of course, but at least she had been able to keep a good part of her husband's fortune and her dowry from the Black family. Although she hadn't been able to live like she had before the arrests, she still could do much with her life.

Her biggest problem, unfortunately, was her son. Draco worshipped his father, and had been very upset when Lucius was arrested. She had tried to keep him grounded, to make sure he forgot about everything his father had put in his mind, to have him become less confrontational with the blood purity issue, but it was impossible. Lucius had done a good job in brainwashing Draco, and from the moment Lucius entered Azkaban, Draco had entered in a rebel phase that she was unable to pull him out of.

She just wished that her cousin Sirius had been more fortunate in his attempts to reach to Draco. The first time the two had met, Sirius had been very unimpressed by Draco's willingness to deride half-bloods and Muggleborns — and she knew things had hit a rock bottom when Draco insulted the Potters for their actions during the war right in front of Sirius, who she was sure would have cursed Draco if he weren't a child. Despite this, he had kept trying, hoping that with time and effort the child would stop holding onto his perverted beliefs, inherited from his father, but it had been practically useless. Sirius' and Narcissa's only hope for Draco was that, once he finally went to Hogwarts, under Dumbledore's and Snape's watchful eyes, he might be willing to start accepting something that wasn't Lucius' pure-blooded drivel.

“Dobby!” she called out, and the house elf appeared. His appearance and behaviour had improved much since Lucius was sent to Azkaban. She had known for years that her husband mistreated the elves, but she had never been able to do anything about it. While she didn't exactly respect house elves as fellow magical beings, she at least respected them for the hard job they did around the house.

“Yes, Mistress Narcissa?” Dobby asked, bowing.

“I want you to keep an eye on Draco. Make sure that he doesn't break anything, and that he does not harm himself. Tell the other elves that they are not to answer Draco's calls on my orders until I say so. Is that clear?”

“Yes, Mistress, Dobby will watch for Master Draco!” the elf exclaimed, and disappeared from the room with a POP!

Narcissa, although still worried about her son, felt a bit better, knowing that Dobby's loyalty and zealousness would prevent Draco from suffering any pain. Maybe she could check with the Parkinsons if Pansy would like to come here, given that the girl had known Draco since they were really young, she could probably have a chance to get Draco to calm down.

~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prodigy** *~~~***Prodigy***~~~

Entry 729

It has been a lot of time since last winter ended.

Mum wrote in her journal that she received her letter to Hogwarts when she was eleven. I was seven when I left — it was October — and three winters have come and left. I am not sure of how many days have passed since winter ended, but since it is hot outside, I guess that we are in summer again. My birthday is in summer, too, so I believe that soon I'll be receiving the Hogwarts letter.

Would it be worth my time to go to Hogwarts? On one hand, I have studied most charms they teach there, and most classes would be boring. On the other side, there are still things I would like to learn that are taught at Hogwarts and I do not know anything about, like Herbology or duelling. Not to mention that, even with books, there are things that would be better taught by the professors.

Besides, it would be good to be around people. I know it is weird, since I have lived on my own for three years and a half, but I want to meet people of my age. And maybe, if I can find them, some of my parents' friends. Maybe they can tell me more about both of them.

I also know that it would be nice to share my ingredients idea with someone else. Maybe this Severus that Mum wrote about can help me develop the idea even better. He could even help improve or even create new potions. If he is as interested in Potions as Mum said, he will probably like all of this.

What I am not very sure about is what to do when it comes to buying my things. I do know that Dad and Mum had a vault at Gringotts, but I do not know how to access it, or even if I can access it. They may be willing to help me with the money part.

Maybe they could be interested in my MagiMac, or in a copy of it. It has become an important part of my work, not to mention my life. Ever since I found the way to make the crystals grow faster than normal, I think I made it possible to actually build them really fast. If they want one, they would be willing to pay me money for one copy.

I should take some time in learning the Goblins' language, Gobbledegook. Maybe they will like it if I am able to speak with them in their language. I doubt I will be able to speak it as well as they do, but still, it is worth attempting to learn it.

Now that I think about it, where is Hedwig? She left a couple of days ago and has not returned yet. Well, maybe she found an owl to marry. Or she just went out for a long flight. Oh well, she will come back when she wants.


~~~***Prodigy***~~~***Prod igy***~~~***Prodigy***~~~

A beautiful snowy owl flew on the night sky, not letting the length of her flight worry her. She knew what she had to do. The Lady had told her that her human, the one she had lived with for so much time needed her help, needed her to go get a certain letter from a castle up north. The Lady had told her that other owls would not be able to reach her human, and that she was the only one that could get the letter.

At last, she arrived to the castle, and swooped down, aiming for the room where she could detect the letter was. Entering through the big window, she landed near what she felt was her human's letter. To her surprise, a small cord tied the letter to her leg, although to her relief, it did not hurt, so she would be able to travel back without any problem.

She took flight once more and started to ascend, before choosing the direction that would take her directly towards her human, knowing that the sooner he received the letter, the better.
Reviews 51
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear