Search:

SIYE Time:17:19 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Truth And Consequences
By ginnyweasley777

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 52
Summary: Harry and Ginny spend some time alone the night before Harry leaves on the Horcrux hunt. All actions have conseqences, as they find out.
Hitcount: Story Total: 24336; Chapter Total: 2528





Author's Notes:
I could give you an excuse, but I won't bore you with it. A/N 11/7/21 - Sorry, I haven't just updated the story, using it as a test to sort out site issues!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny looked up as the curtains parted next to the bed and Ron and Hermione entered.

Hermione beamed when she saw the black haired little baby laid sleeping in the basket next to the bed. �How are you both doing?� she asked.

Ginny smiled. �He�s just gone back to sleep. Is there any news on Harry?�

�Yes, he�s awake,� replied Hermione, a shadow crossing her face.

�Can I go and see him?� asked Ginny nervously, equally dreading and desperately looking forward to it.

�No,� said Ron awkwardly. Ginny looked at him quizzically. �Madam Pomfrey�s with him right now,� he finished, shifting from one foot to the other and avoiding her gaze as he suddenly became extremely interested in looking at the curtain behind her..

Ginny knew him well enough to be able to tell when he was hiding something. �What�s wrong?� she asked worriedly, as her mind began to conjure up various scenarios, each worse than the last.

�He�s having trouble remembering things,� said Hermione tentatively.

Ice cold fear ran through Ginny. �What things?�

�Well�everything.�

�Everything,� repeated Ginny faintly.

�He can�t remember anyone or anything that has happened.�

�Doesn�t even know his own name either,� interjected Ron quietly.

***


�G inny, I don�t think it�s a good idea for you to go and see Harry,� said Mrs Weasley.

�I need to see him, Mum, I need to see with my own eyes that he�s alive,� replied Ginny determinedly..

�You can see him later, when he�s rested some more.�

�Ever since he left after the wedding I've worried about him, and wished I could see him. It nearly tore me apart when he was at Bill�s with Ron and Hermione, knowing that he was so close but that I couldn�t see him. I need to see him now, Mum, so will you please look after this little one for five minutes?�

Molly nodded, a tear in her eye as she realised just how grown up her little girl was now. Ginny handed her baby over to her and Molly looked down at her grandson and smiled. She looked back up to Ginny. �Are you going to tell him now?�

Ginny shrugged. �No�I don�t know.�

�It�s difficult,� stated her mother.

Ginny nodded and touched a finger to her son�s cheek. �I won�t be long,� she said quietly.

She left her mother and walked determinedly to the other end of the hospital wing. The ward was heaving, although she knew that these were only the lesser injuries; the more severe ones having gone to St Mungos. She tried to ignore the stares she received as she walked past the beds, sure that the news of her child would have spread fast. A lump formed in her throat as she neared the bed where Harry lay, but she swallowed it down as she approached.

He was asleep and his face was as pale as the bandage surrounding his head. She fought the urge to reach out and touch him as his hand twitched on top of the covers. �Harry?� she said quietly.

He mumbled something incoherent and shifted on the bed.

�Harry?� she repeated with bated breath.

He opened his eyes and blinked groggily in the sunlight coming through the nearby window. Ginny felt a great rush of relief through her body at the sight of his emerald green eyes; she�d thought she�d never see them again. �How are you feeling?� she asked.

He blinked again and peered blearily at her, his eyes unfocused. She spotted his glassed on the bedside table so she picked them up and placed them gently upon his face as he stared at her.

Ginny sat down on the nearby chair and sighed tiredly; it felt as though she hadn�t slept for a month. �How are you feeling?� she asked again, avoiding his eyes despite how much she wanted to melt into them.

�A bit better,� he replied croakily. �My head doesn�t hurt as much.�

She wrung her hands together nervously and frowned. �Madam Pomfrey says you don�t remember anything�or anyone,� she said in an anguished voice as fear pounded through her again. She desperately hoped that it wasn�t true, that there�d been some kind of mistake, needing to hear it from him herself before it could truly sink in.

�I don�t,� he replied.

Silence fell between them as she nervously contemplated the fact that Harry lay there in front of her without a clue who she was or what they�d shared, or the result of that night. Pain tore through her like a knife stabbing her heart and she fought to push down the tears that she thought she was about to succumb to.

�Do I know you?� asked Harry.

She felt tears begin to well and she swiped a hand across her traitorous eyes as she nodded. �We were, we were together for a while last year,� she replied with a trembling voice, wishing that Harry could just remember everything and save them from this awkwardness that hung between them like an impenetrable wall.

�Oh,� he replied. �I don�t remember anything at all before waking up in here��

The sound of her son crying pierced the air and Ginny jumped up from the chair as though she�d been burnt. �I have to go and see him,� she muttered before she stumbled away from Harry, blinded by the tears she finally allowed to flow freely down her face.

She fled back to the bed where her mother held her crying son and wordlessly she took him from her, cradling him close and soothing him with an automatic instinct she didn�t know she had.

Molly took one look at her daughter�s face and felt her heart go out to her as she took in her tortured eyes and tear streaked face. �Did you tell him?� she asked.

Ginny shook her head. �No, I couldn�t, he didn�t even recognise me!� She felt her mother put her arms around her as she murmured words of comfort.

�I�m sure he�ll remember everything soon, Ginny, we just need to be patient, and in the mean time you�ve got this little man to concentrate on.�

Ginny nodded. �I know, it�s just��

�I know, darling, I know.�


Some time after her mother had left to go and check on the others and Ginny had fed her son, she heard voices behind the curtains surrounding her bed.

�Can we come in?�

�Course you can,� she replied, recognizing Neville�s voice.

They stepped forward and she gave a genuine smile when she saw Neville and Luna, both thankfully looking unscathed.

Neville�s eyes widened when he saw the baby sleeping in her arms. �We�d heard, but��

�It�s still a surprise,� she supplied for him.

�Yeah,� he mumbled. �We had no idea, Ginny.�

�That was my intention,� she said wryly.

�He looks like Harry,� said Luna, peering intently at the baby.

�Yeah, he does,� she replied softly, looking down at him and feeling such a surge of love that it almost overwhelmed her.

�I just can�t believe you managed to pull off keeping this a secret even while you were here with the Carrows,� said Neville.

�There were a few close calls,� she replied, remembering when Snape had caught them in his office.

�That�s why you stopped wanting to fight,� realised Neville.

�Yeah, I had to survive long enough to get out of here.�

They fell silent for a few moments as they all contemplated the gravity of the situation that she�d been in.

�I suspected, you know,� said Luna, oddly serious for once.

Neville spun to look at her with surprise.

�I thought you did a few times,� replied Ginny, �but then I wasn�t sure, and after that time in the library I really didn�t want to ask.�

Luna smiled at her. �I knew you wouldn�t want anyone to know so I never asked you about it.�

Ginny had never been more grateful to her friend than what she was just then.

�I still can�t believe you and Harry actually have a baby,� said Neville.

�Neither can Harry, apparently,� said Ron sheepishly as he sidled in next to Neville.

Ginny narrowed her eyes at him. �What do you mean, Ron?�

�Well, I might have kind of, sort of, er, accidentally told him,� he mumbled, flushing under her intense gaze.�

�What!� she hissed, so as not to wake her child. �Harry looked terrified when I told him we used to be together, so what were you thinking telling him that we have a child?�

�Well he was all confused and I thought you�d already told him and so I kind of mentioned it.�

�Ron!�

Neville and Luna followed the exchange between the siblings silently and quietly slipped away as Ginny looked ready to hex Ron.

�What?� he yelped under her attack of words. �I didn�t mean to, it just sort of slipped out, and well he thought I was joking, or it�s all just one big mistake.�

�No bloody wonder when you�ve gone bumbling in with your size ten feet, Ron!�

�Well if it�s any consolation he looked as happy as I did at the thought of you two having�you know!� he exclaimed, flushing bright red.

Ginny didn�t think twice but grabbed her wand from beside her and fired a Bat Bogey Hex straight at her brother and felt some satisfaction as it reached it�s mark and Ron disappeared from sight under the great flapping wings.

Reviews 52
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear