Search:

SIYE Time:15:47 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Commoner Queen
By Pilargirl

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 238
Summary: AU. A 1000 years ago, a magical Plague extinguished three quarters of Britain's magical population, including three of the four founders; Godric Gryffindor remained and founded a new world, with a monarchy that would last for years and years to come.

Now, Ginny Weasley is the Holyhead Harpies' star Chaser and a simple commoner, but Harry James Potter of Evans and Gryffindor, Prince of Wales, has an eye on her.
Hitcount: Story Total: 109469; Chapter Total: 8009
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Hey, so...this story hasn't generated as many reviews as I thought it might but, no worries! After all, I don't write for the reviews, I write for those of you who are enjoying it...however, it would be nice to know how you think I'm doing :) I actually kind of really like this chapter so I hope you enjoy it too :D




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


20th December 2005

"I'm telling you," Lee Jordan spoke over the voices of his co-workers. "We were lucky this year, but we need a better seeker if we want to have an opportunity against the Wasps next year."

Victoria Clarence, one of the few Harpies whose name or surname did not start by 'G', glared at Lee as she poured herself a glass of fire whiskey. "You have no idea what you're talking about, Lee, Gina is only out of school and she's been doing a great job!" the blond argued.

Lee rolled his eyes. "I'm not saying that she's not good, Vic...I'm just saying that we got real lucky this year, we risked it with Gina and in the end it turned out ok, but if we want to continue at the top next year, it might be a good idea to find someone a little better..."

Gwenog shook her head as she fed herself a cauldron cake. "You see!" she exclaimed, pointing at Lee. "That's exactly why the Harpies don't allow male players!"

The three males at the table protested eagerly.

"What do you mean by that, Gwen?" Steve, the Harpies' publicist, asked in his most serious voice.

Gwen swallowed the cake and took a shot of her butterscotch. "Oh, come on, Steve...you men are so temperamental! Besides, you can't think out of the box, you're always concentrated on numbers...Lee's proving it right now, all the men in the opening meeting of the year voted against Gina's contract, but all the women voted for it...in the end she did a great job, we won the league!"

The men huffed, but didn't speak any more; they all knew there was no fighting against Gwen.

"What about you, Flash?" Kayla Grisance asked. "Better with men or no men?"

Ginny looked up from her dragon eggs and smiled at the blond. "I don't know..." she replied truthfully. "We're always inferior in strength, and if we had male beaters, that could be fixed, but you and Gwenog make up for it in speed and agility so..."

Victoria shook her head at Ginny. "You're amazing, Gin," she told the red-head. "Is there any moment of the day when you're not thinking about Quidditch?"

Ginny shrugged and smiled half-heartedly. Of course there were moments when she didn't think about Quidditch, but, right now, they were talking about Quidditch, were they not? Yet, it was true that they had decided against letting Quidditch dominate the conversation tonight, since they had met up to celebrate an early Christmas party with some of the Harpies' players and staff.

"Nah, there isn't..." a deep voice answered for Ginny, making the red-head turn around, ready to glare at her ex.

"Really, Lee?" Kayla spoke, ready to tease. "You know...maybe you two should get back together... that might take her mind off Quidditch for a bit."

"Yeah, Jordan," Gwenog joked playfully. "I've been saying that Ginny needs to take her mind off things for a while."

Ginny turned to her left and glared at Gwen, although, at the same time, she thanked her for putting 'needs to shag' into polite and less vulgar words.

"What do you say, Lee?" Marcus spoke up. "You up for it?"

Ginny looked at the financial director of the club with disbelieving eyes; however, she was even more shocked by Lee's following words.

"I'm always up for second chances..." the dark-skinned man exposed seductively.

Ginny gulped slightly and looked down at her food, acknowledging Gwen's permanent stare.

"I think," Gwenog spoke up. "That right now there's someone else on Ginny's mind..."

The red-head looked up at Gwen with fierce eyes. How dare she bring Harry into this? She had promised she would never mention it, had she not? Now the rest of the group would start asking questions, question that she could never answer.

"Really?" Kayla asked enthusiastically. "I didn't know you were seeing anyone, Flash!"

Ginny looked down at her food once again and bit her lip angrily; she didn't want to lash out on her friends. "I'm not-I'm not seeing anyone at all..."

"Ah...come in, Gin, are you seriously seeing someone and you haven't told us?" Marcus asked, looking surprised.

Lee looked like he'd rather be in any other place, rather than there.

"It must be someone we all know!" Victoria exclaimed. "Is it a fellow Quidditch-player?" she asked curiously. "It's not Oliver, is it? I heard he broke up with Katie a few months back!"

Ginny was about to answer when she was interrupted again.

"It's got to be someone we'd recognise," Gabby deduced. "Someone famous! If not she'd tell us, right?"

Ginny stood up from her seat, scowling at all of them.

"I've told you, it's no one at all...I don't understand why Gwen brought that up, but I'll go outside until you get bored of the topic..."

Gwenog looked at Ginny go out into the balcony and mentally hit herself. Ginny was like her kid sister and she should've known better than to bring up the prince topic; it was obvious that it was truly bothering Ginny.


"It was all a joke, Gin, you shouldn't get angry," Gwen tried to apologize to the girl in the only way she knew. Yet, Ginny still looked angry.

"Well, I didn't find it funny, Gwenog," Ginny told her angrily, looking at the beautiful view of Holyhead that could be seen from Gwen's balcony. She hated being angry with her friends, she hated always being on edge, but, for a while, she hadn't been able to help it.

Gwenog sighed. "You know what I'm like, Weasley... I talk before I think, I really didn't mean to get you all worked up..."

Ginny was about to answer back angrily, she wanted to tell Gwen she wasn't all worked up, but she knew that was a lie. "I'm sorry too," Ginny answered awkwardly. "I'm...I'm on edge and I...bringing Ha-the prince up really wasn't a good idea."

"That's because it's a loose thread. It's like you won the lottery but you lost the ticket..." Gwenog told her, surprising both Ginny and herself with the wise words.

The younger woman turned around, leaning her back on the metal railing and looking down at the simple green dress that rested perfectly on her every curve and stopped mid-thigh, showing off a tasteful but outstanding amount of her milky legs.

"There's nothing," Ginny confessed. "Nothing at all... we've only seen each other three times but, I... I just can't get it out of my head. I've been busy these past few months, what with my sister-in-law pregnant for the third time and playing referee for my bloody twin brothers, and all the Quidditch practices... but my mind still finds a way to go back to that first night...And, it just gets me angry, you know? Because...I'm just not like that, Gwen! I'm not that girl who waits for an owl that's not going to come! I'm just really not that girl, I never have been."

"When was the last time you saw him?" Gwen asked seriously.

Ginny ran a hand though her voluminous hair. "October... we saw each other at the boating accident, remember? Talked for three hours straight and, I don't know... I really expected him to send an owl or something, you know? I-I just, it seemed like he really liked me, but then, he doesn't give a... It's ridiculous," Ginny told Gwen. "He's been a git to me and maybe it's even better that way, but I can't keep it out of my head."

"I think it probably is better this way, Ginny," Gwen confessed. "He seems to be toying with you and, even if he wasn't, what future could a relationship with him have?"

"No future what-so-ever." Ginny spoke clearly and without any hesitation. She knew that any real relationship with Harry was completely impossible, she wasn't only a commoner, she had one of the worst track-records that existed, but it wasn't like she wanted to marry the guy! She just wanted to talk to him again, to find out why he kept on appearing and disappearing like that.

Gwen smiled sympathetically and looked at the girl. "We're going to London," she told her. "There's this magical disco thing that they've built close to Diagon Alley and they're opening tonight... Marcus says they'll let us in..."

Ginny rolled her eyes. "What about the crazy fan-boys, do you really want to have to stand a bunch of idiots trying to touch your arse all night?"

Gwen laughed. "You know I love it..." she joked as she winked at her close friend. "But, no... Really... it's the opening night so they won't be letting normal people in, only VIPs like us!"

Ginny laughed, yet, as she picked up her bag and made her way to the apparating platform, she realized she had a strange feeling about tonight.


The heat of the place was getting to her.

The various Quidditch players and Harpies' staff were standing in a line, ready to give in their coats but Ginny was feeling less like it by the minute. The music was too high and one of her least favourite Wizarding bands was playing, she had never really enjoyed the hard rock that the Merlins played; besides, she was getting fed up of all the guys who continued eying her up and down as if she was a piece of meat and, consequently, she was also pretty annoyed and Lee's hand, which would make its way onto her hip every time one of those pigs looked at her her.

"I think I'm gonna leave," she announced to the group, gaining many sounds of protest.

"Oh, come on, Ginny! Have you seen how many people there are here, it's gonna be great!" Greta, the only American from the group, told her enthusiastically.

Ginny shook her head. "No, seriously, my flat is only a few blocks away and... I don't feel like this tonight..."

She smiled at Gwen, in a silent farewell, and started making her way out of the group.

"Gin, seriously!" Lee exclaimed, putting a hand on the girl's shoulder, once again making her roll her eyes at the touch. "Really, where's the Gred and Forge in you?"

Ginny forced a half-hearted laugh, but still continued making her way out; however, she only managed to walk a few steps when a crowd of five Aurors made their way in. It didn't take Ginny a second to see who they were accompanying.

He looked amazing, Ginny had to admit it. His hair was windswept, messy like all the times she'd seen him, and there were some snowflakes resting in it, snowflakes that could only be seen because of the deep contrast between the pure white and the darkness of the black hair. His skin was white, like that of any true Englishman, but, somehow, the look suited him as it made his startling green eyes spark behind those thin glasses all the more; a content smile was playing on his lips as he talked to one of his Aurors. Like everyone else in the club, he wasn't wearing the typical wizard attire, having decided on a pair of black jeans and a blue button-up shirt that brought out his thin but muscular figure.

For a second Ginny stood still and, somehow, without much thought, she took two steps in the direction which the prince was heading to. Lee was looking at her with wide eyes, wondering what had gotten into his ex-girlfriend.

The red-head woman, who was in some sort of trance after seeing the young man, came back to her senses when she saw Harry leaning in to greet a beautiful blond woman that she recognised as Catalina Black, the daughter of one of the most prestigious aurors, Sirius Black. If Ginny had not been so shocked by the jealousy that had suddenly corrupted her, she would have remembered that Harry had told her about the Black family and how close he was to them. But she didn't remember that and her first instinct was to run.

"Hey," Lee spoke behind her, putting his arms around her, trying to get her to turn around and leave the pub. "Come on," he pulled her sweetly, managing to make her face the entrance door and leading her outside.

Still, as they took a step, Ginny's name was called out.

"Ginny!" The prince's unmistakable voice resounded through the entrance hall, making its way to Ginny's ears. The girl in question released herself from Lee's grip and walked up the stairs where the prince had made his way. She was aware that all the Harpies had their eyes firmly planted on her, but, at that moment, she didn't care.

"Hey," she spoke softly, almost too softly to be heard on top of the loud music.

Harry looked at her with a half-smile that somehow reached his eyes more than a huge one, he was looking at her like she was some sort of angel, arriving at the perfect moment. Surprising her, he leaned down and planted his lips on her cheek, like he'd done in their previous farewells.

"You look amazing," he complimented her, making the red-head blush and compliment him back. "How have you been?" he asked, leaning in to her ear, making sure she would hear him.

For some reason, she responded truthfully. "Confused..." she confused, not exactly sure about why she would ever choose that choice of words. The prince looked at her like she had grown a second head so she decided to specify. "I thought I'd see you again, I guess."

Harry's smile grew and his eyes seemed to glisten. "You have," he told her. "Aren't we here?"

Ginny laughed at his forced cheek, each time she met him she realized that he really was shy; he simply tried to hide it to seem more confident.

"Yes, we are... I'm here with a few friends from work... Harpies' players and some staff," she let him know with a smile, looking over at her group of friends, who quickly diverted their attention elsewhere.

"Thought the Harpies only allowed females," Harry spoke up curiously, but with a hint of something else in his voice. Ginny was surprised at how he was eying up Lee, as if looking for something.

However, Ginny continued smiling. "We only allow female players," she let him know. "The guys are part of the staff... the bald one is our publicist, Steve, and the one with the glasses is Marcus, our financial director... the tall dark-skinned one is-"

Strangely, it wasn't Ginny who finished the sentence, it was Harry.

"Lee Jordan," the prince announced in a knowing voice. "I know who he is," he told her in a smug tone that Ginny didn't like one bit. "He's a little more than a friend, though, isn't he?"

The smile completely dropped off Ginny's face and her eyes became fierce; those who knew her could see the Weasley temper rising.

"Excuse me?" she spoke in her best serious and defying tone. Had he just implied that he had been spying on her? Looking up things about her personal life behind her back?

"I know things," he continued telling her in that smug tone that made Ginny want to Bat-bogey him into tomorrow.

Ginny gulped and pushed her hair back, out of her face; she would have to make an effort so as to not lose her temper. "Well, I suggest you fire whoever is telling you these things, because they are not doing a great job of it."

"So you're not seeing him?" Harry asked hopefully, and if Ginny had been less angry, she would have laughed at the tone of his voice. Nevertheless, Ginny was angry; how dare he stick his nose into her business? She already had 6 brothers for that, she didn't need another one!

"No," she confessed in the last moment, as she had been about to say yes and just finish whatever was going on between the two of them; still, something made her retaliate. "There was something a while ago, but that's in the past. Though, I'm not really sure why I'd have to give you any explanations, truth to be told..."

Harry shrugged defiantly and looked elsewhere, almost ignoring the red-head, acting like he really didn't care.

"Is it me," Ginny began as she started to lose control of her infamous temper. "Or are you playing cat and mouse with me? Whenever I'm really out, you're always there... charming and... I don't know, I really don't know what this is about but I'd rather you give it up and just came and told me what you really want so we can get it over with."

Harry crossed his arms and looked at her with disdain; Ginny's hand was nearing her wand more every second. "I really don't think it's appropriate for you to talk to me like that," Harry spoke with authority, making Ginny's blood boil.

"Well," Ginny all but shouted at him. "I don't think it's appropriate for you to butt your nose in my personal business. I'm sorry if I don't just bow and smile at you, but if you want my respect, earn it! And next time you want to know something about my life, ask me about it!"

Harry gulped for a second but decided to stay strong, something he would later on regret. "Don't worry, Miss Weasley, I have no questions..."

And, just like that, without so much as a second glance, he walked up the stairs and disappeared from sight, leaving Ginny, once again, behind.


 

"You're late," a voice was heard from inside the living room.

Ginny jumped and reached for her wand as quickly as she possibly could, but all attack left her mind as the lights went up and she saw Hermione in her fluffy pink pyjamas, resting on Ginny's couch with a big blanket covering her.

The red-head looked at her sister-in-law with wide eyes, but, while recovering from the shock, didn't say a thing.

"You look nice, by the way," Hermione let her know with a weak smile. "Were you out with the Harpies?"

Ginny was still looking at Hermione like she had gone mental but she was able to regain her composure soon enough. "What in Merlin's saggy pants are you doing here, Hermione?"

Hermione gave the girl an apologetic look. "Your brother's an idiot," she let her know, moving to the left of the couch, leaving some room for Ginny to sit beside her. The younger woman rolled her eyes and sat beside the married one. Now, looking at Hermione attentively, she could see that her eyes were red, as was her nose, and she had left various tissues on the side table; Ginny, however, was plenty used to this. During their years at Hogwarts, Ginny had always helped Hermione and Ron maintain a peaceful relationship, she had played referee in their shouting matches and made them see eye to eye when they were too stubborn to do it themselves; now, they were both older and they had learnt to deal with their fight in other ways, other way that Ginny would rather never have to think about; however, every once in a while, they would step too far and one of them would Floo over to the Harpies' boarding facilities, where Ginny would talk to them and send them back home to solve stuff. Now, of course, Ginny was in London and, when they really started going at each other, one of them would just spend the night at Ginny's and, by the time they got back home, they missed each other too much to care about the fight.

"Come again, Hermione?" the red-head teased her friend, gaining a playful smack on the arm.

"You heard me all right," Hermione reproached. "He's the most stupid, intolerant, ridiculous wizard that there's ever existed."

Ginny shook her head at the older girl. "Well," she started, "you can't blame me for not warning you! On your wedding day, didn't I explain very clearly that he was all those things and even worse?"

Hermione couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips.

"And, then... you went and told me," she continued, getting ready to do her best impersonation of Hermione, "But, Ginny, that's just it! That's why I lurrrve him!"

Hermione threw a pillow at her best friend. "I do not sound like that, Ginny."

"Do too," Ginny smiled, glad to have made Hermione laugh and brought her own spirits up in the process. However, it only took a few seconds for Hermione to go back to her saddened state; Ginny's mood followed. "Oh, come on, Hermione... what is it that my dear brother did this time?"

A tear escaped Hermione's eye. "It's about the kid thing, Ginny... yesterday we had Victoire and Dominique over because Fleur was going to the medi-witch and tonight he just started going on about really wanting a baby and then, I don't know, one thing led to another and, before I knew it, we were arguing about being a house-wife and not working at all and I got angry and, well, I don't know, I lost it a little..."

Ginny moved closer to Hermione's part of the sofa and put her arm attentively around her. "You're only 26, Hermione," Ginny told her. "I'm 24 and I have no intention of getting pregnant any time soon. I thought you'd told Ron to quit the subject until you had moved up in the department, right?"

Hermione nodded. "Of course, I did! But, when does your stupid brother ever listen to a word I say?"

Ginny chuckled at Hermione's words, she'd always found it terribly amusing that the two of them could fight so much and, yet, love each other more than any other couple that Ginny knew. But Ginny knew the reasons, they loved each other more than a normal couple because that was the only way that they could be together, by loving each other more than their fights; the red-head witch hated admitting it, but every once in a while she got very jealous of the young couple.

Hermione, realizing Ginny's head was elsewhere, decided to change the direction of the conversation. "So," the bushy-haired woman started questioning her sister-in-law. "Where were you tonight?"

Ginny looked at her sheepishly. "A few players and some of the guys from the staff met up at Gwen's for dinner and then we all went to that club that they've opened up next to Diagon Alley, what's its name?...Oh, yeah...The Seven Hippogriffs, isn't it?"

Hermione's breath caught in her throat. "The six hippogriffs," she corrected Ginny, as she, for some reason, looked at her with worry.

Ginny looked at Hermione with raised eyebrows. "Have you been there?" she asked the woman. "I mean, Gwen told me the opening was today..."

The bushy-haired girl gulped slightly but decided against lying to Ginny. "No, well...I haven't been there, you know I'm not partial to clubbing, but, well, the prince told me he was heading there tonight."

There was a small silence between the two friends, with neither of them really knowing what to say. Hermione hadn't talked to Ginny about Harry at all; she hadn't talked about the queen or about anything, really. Suddenly, the older witch felt guilty; Ginny probably felt like she couldn't trust her, if she could, then why hadn't she come to her with her troubles about Harry? It was true that since Ginny met Gwenog, she had pulled away from Hermione, but she should know that the older woman was there for whenever he sister-in-law needed her.

"Ginny," Hermione started hesitantly. "You know that you can trust me with anything, right? It doesn't matter who I work for or that I'm married to your brother, I'm still your friend."

Ginny, once again, raised her eyebrows at Hermione and gave her a strange look that made Hermione want to retreat, but she remained sitting next to Ginny and hear whatever she had to throw her way.

"Hermione," Ginny asked carefully. "What do you know?"

And, that was it, Hermione thought. She had been expecting that sooner or later she'd be forced to come clean about Harry's admiration for Ginny and the queen's obvious intrusion. And so, Hermione told her; she told her about the first time she caught Harry listening to her on the wireless and how she suspected that he had asked Jerry to get Ginny to come to that first party and how the queen had realized and asked for her file. She told her that she didn't understand why he was so keen on getting to know her but that she knew it was something that the prince couldn't evade, for some reason.

"Are you...you're not actually seeing him, are you Ginny?" Hermione asked curiously and with worry. She didn't want her sister-in-law in that situation, not when she knew how badly she could get hurt.

Ginny shook her head solemnly. "No! Of course, not! I just...well, it's only been three times, well, four counting this one..."

"So, you just saw him?" Hermione asked her with wide eyes.

"Less than an hour ago," Ginny confessed with her head in her hands. "And, more than saw him, I'd say that I shouted at him with all the force of the Weasley temper."

Hermione brought a hand up to cover her open mouth. "Ginny! He's the Prince of Wales!"

The red-head looked at her with an unbelieving look. "And I'm Ginny Weasley, the youngest and only female of the famous Weasley seven! I assure you he's not any more worthy than I am to be treated with respect! And, he's been treating me with anything but, Hermione... he's been looking into my private life, he knew I had dated Lee!"

Hermione bit her lip and shrugged. "What's going on, Ginny? Do you know what he wants?"

Ginny huffed. "If I knew what he wanted, I'd be able to get the guy out of my head, but I can't... he's just... I know maybe I sound egocentric, but I think he likes me, Hermione... I think he really likes me and just doesn't know what to do about it..."

Hermione looked at Ginny with worry again. "I don't think giving into that is a good idea, Ginny; I think it would only hurt you..."

Ginny pursed her lips and looked up at Hermione. "After the way he acted tonight, I don't think I'll ever be tempted to look at him again... he was such a smug git, Hermione... talking like he was superior or something!"

Hermione raised her eyebrows questioningly. "Smug? Harry? Ginny, Harry's the most humble person I've met; he never lets royalty get to his head..."

"Well," Ginny stated. "I'd have said the same thing a few weeks ago but right then he was an idiot and, even if I was remotely interested, he blew off any admiration I had for him tonight..."


21st December 2005

"You're a git," Max told his brother as Harry narrated the previous night's occurrences with blood-shot eyes and guilt drenching his voice.

Harry put his head in his hands and bit his lips. "I just... oh, God, I don't know, Max...I tried to be cool, you know? Well, not cool, but, you know, I didn't want to be a shy skinny git, I wanted to stand out, I wanted her to, I don't know... I really don't know why... I saw that Jordan bloke, so tall and with his eyes on her and, I lost it..."

Max put a hand on his brother's shoulder, trying to hold back some snarky remarks. "Well, apologize then..."

"She won't listen to you if you go near her," a different, lighter voice sounded. Both men looked up quickly to find Hermione standing next to the huge wooden door.

"Nice to see you, Hermione," Max greeted her with a smile.

"Lovely to see you too, your Highness," Hermione answered back. The youngest sibling looked well. It always surprised her how little he looked like his brother and sister; his eyes were blue, like those of his paternal grandmother and his hair was a light chestnut colour, just like the queen's father's was.

However, Harry wasn't too keen on greeting and, instead, walked up to Hermione with a decided look in his eyes. "What did you just mean, Hermione?"

Hermione looked surprised. "I was just greeting your brother..."

"Hermione," Max interrupted her. "I think he means the comment from before."

Hermione bit her lip and gulped; now wishing she hadn't said a thing. "I just...well, Ginny will probably not want to see you in some time, your Hi-"

"Cut that out, Hermione," Harry spoke angrily. "It's Harry and Max, like I've told you far too many times! And now, please tell me how you know anything about Ginny."

Both Hermione and Max suddenly looked at Harry like he had grown another head.

"What-What do you mean, your-I mean, Harry?" Hermione asked, wondering if Harry truly didn't know that she was directly related to Ginny.

Max looked at his brother perplexed. "Harry, don't you know Hermione's surname...?"

"Of course I do!" Harry exclaimed, not knowing where this could be heading. "Your name's Hermione Jean Granger, is it not?"

Hermione and Max shared a worried look.

"H-Harry," Hermione spoke sympathetically. "I got married a year ago. My last name is 'Weasley'; Ginny's my sister-in-law, not to mention she's also been one of my best friends since I was thirteen..."

Harry stood still for a moment, not saying anything at all.

"But," he finally started, "You knew I was...Why didn't you say anything?"

Hermione shrugged. "I was hoping you'd let it go with time... Ginny doesn't need any trouble, Harry. Maybe you don't know it, but her love life hasn't exactly been a source of comfort for her..."

"I know she's been divorced, Hermione," Harry let her know as he took a place on one of the bulky armchairs that stood in the room.

Max's eyes went wide-eyes as he turned to look at his brother. "Divorced?" he asked in slight shock. "Harry, what are you thinking? Pursuing a married woman? Who are you trying to be? King Edward VIII? Can't you remember how that ended? Harry, I am not, under any circumstances, taking the throne if you abdicate!"

Harry rolled his eyes at his brother's sudden panic attack. "Max, I said divorced, not married..."

"That's hippogriffs bull, Harry! Magical marriages form eternal bonds, you know that!" Max expressed with dread for his brothers situation.

"Prince Max," Hermione offered. "She eloped and went through a Muggle marriage, there was no bond..."

Max seemed to calm down after that but Harry was still confused about what to do with Ginny.

"Hermione, I need to see her, I need to say sorry..." Harry begged while Hermione looked hesitant.

The woman looked down at the ground. "Harry, I love Ginny like a real sister... I can't stand the idea... Do you really like her that much?"

Harry nodded. "Never liked anyone like that, Hermione, I swear on Merlin. I've been trying to keep the distance, I have... I've been trying to let her come to me so I'll be sure she wants this, but I can't stand it any longer... I want to try, I want to see what we could be like..."

Hermione shook her head. "She's got a friendly match against the Tornados, today... but she won't be able to see you before or after... that's all I'm giving you, Harry... I really would rather if you left her alone, she doesn't need this..."

Harry ran a hand through his hair. "I need it, Hermione, and I think maybe she actually does need it too... I think, maybe, it could be good for both of us."


"Flash!" Gabby came running into the locker room, shouting out for Ginny.

Ginny, who was placing her shoes on her small feet, turned and laughed. "What is it, Gabs?"

The girl was already dressed and she was carrying a bulky package in her hand, a package that she held out for Ginny when she reached the red-head's locker.

Ginny eyed it carefully. "Has it been run through the protection charms?"

"Yeah," Gabby announced with a smile. "Go on, open it..."

Ginny wanted to open the package on her own, but she didn't have the heart to tell Gabby to go so she opened the package carefully, making sure it wasn't anything too personal.

She turned the package upside down and a note fell onto her lap. Ginny left the still bulky package next to her and picked up the note.

Sorry

There was nothing else on it, just that simple word, written in the most untidy hand-writing that she'd ever seen. However, she knew immediately who had sent her the package and, of course, so did Gabby.

"It's from the prince isn't it?" she asked quietly. "We all saw the fight yesterday..."

Ginny shrugged and reached for the package, turning it upside down once more and finally letting two beautiful red gloves fall onto her lap. Ginny picked them up immediately, admiring the dragon skin and the embroidery on both wrists, with her own surname written on them in Gryffindor colours.

"Wow," Gabby exclaimed, looking at the gloves in awe. "Are you gonna wear them?"

Ginny shrugged; if she wore them, she knew she was giving in; she was saying yes to the two of them having something, and that scared her... it scared her because she had never felt this thrill before, she had never wanted to hate someone so much, had reasons to hate someone so much and, yet, couldn't help but see pass everything that might bother you about them.


"Harry, we shouldn't be here!" Sirius Black's voice resounded through the empty room at the top of the stands. "You're meant to be in a meeting; Lily is going to kill me!"

"I'm 25, Sirius," Harry let his godfather know. "My mum might want to be scary, but she's no more scary than a teddy-bear, you know that.

Sirius sighed. "Fine, but we'll leave the minute that they come out, right? I have a class to teach, and Catalina says she needs to talk to me and Katie tonight..."

Harry laughed and Sirius glared at him.

"You know what it's about, don't you?" Sirius accused his godson.

"Of course I know," Harry declared with a laugh. "When has Catalina ever not told me something?"

Sirius shook his head. "Just please tell me she's not pregnant... I don't think I can be a grandfather yet..."

Harry laughed even louder at Sirius's constant worry about one of his four daughters getting pregnant. "I'll let her tell you all about it," Harry teased the man, but his attention was diverted quickly when seven witches dressed in green and silver made their way onto the pitch.

"Pass me the Omnioculars!" Harry shouted at Sirius, bringing them to his eyes as soon as he could.

He zoomed in and looked for the amazing red hair that had him enthralled. When he found her, he smiled at the look of determination that resided on her face as she looked at the opposite team and, then, he finally did it, he traced the outline of her arms and slowly zoomed in on her hands.

She was wearing the red gloves.

 

Reviews 238
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear