Search:

SIYE Time:20:19 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Commoner Queen
By Pilargirl

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 238
Summary: AU. A 1000 years ago, a magical Plague extinguished three quarters of Britain's magical population, including three of the four founders; Godric Gryffindor remained and founded a new world, with a monarchy that would last for years and years to come.

Now, Ginny Weasley is the Holyhead Harpies' star Chaser and a simple commoner, but Harry James Potter of Evans and Gryffindor, Prince of Wales, has an eye on her.
Hitcount: Story Total: 109626; Chapter Total: 7874
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
I am soooooo soryy about the delay. Life has been crazy, fellow writters know how it can be and I hope you great readers can understand. anyway, here is chapter 7 and im working on chapter 8.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


26th March 2006 - Three Months Later

Princ e Harry was not acting like his normal self. Since Christmas, he always wore a silly smile on his face; he greeted everyone happily and never seemed to let the stress of his title get to him. By March, Lily had grown weary of the situation; she was having trouble dealing with how she was supposed to feel. The queen was intensely happy that her son was walking on a cloud all day long, it's not like he was distracted, he was efficient as ever and he was even keeping up a good relationship with the King, but it also worried Lily that the person who caused this was beginning to be very important to Harry.

With time, Lily had managed to gather plenty of information about Ginny, even being able to enter memories that others had of her. The conclusion she came to after discovering so much about the young girl made her even more nervous; the girl was marvellous, and even worse, Ginny Weasley reminded the queen of herself immensely.

It must have been around four in the afternoon when Lily entered Harry's living room, only to see her son sat on his favourite red armchair, with his back to her and facing a mirror, where the reflexion of a scruffy Ginny Weasley could be seen.

"It's ridiculous that he's not getting punished for that, Gin...I don't care if it's Quidditch, he doesn't get to do that..."

The woman that was looking at her son through the mirror was obviously on her break from her Quidditch training since she seemed to be on the Harpies' stands, sporting a ridiculously messy plat and no makeup what-so-ever.

"You're just jealous..." the red-head teased the queen's son.

Lily heard Harry chuckle deeply. "Damn right I am...who the hell does that git think he is? He touched your arse so shamelessly that it was plastered on every single magazine the next day."

'Oh, so that's what they were talking about?' Lily thought, remembering the incident that had occurred a few days back when a Quidditch player from an opposing team had grabbed the young woman's bottom in the middle of the match. The breakfast that morning had been particularly silent, with Harry muttering angry words under his breath, James stating that maybe women just shouldn't play Quidditch and that comment resulting in Lily not talking to him for the rest of the day.

Ginny laughed and opened her mouth to say something, but Harry placed the mirror at another angle, making it possible for Ginny to see the queen. The read-head looked at her boyfriend's mother and gulped slightly before warning the prince.

"Harry..." she said quietly, pointing her eyes at his mother.

Harry turned around almost instantly, giving Lily a small glare. The queen returned the glare, trying to let him know that she'd only been there for a few seconds.

"I need to go back anyway, Gwen's calling," Lily heard Ginny say.

Her son nodded at the mirror. "Tell her to go easy on you, your arm's is still not completely back to shape."

"I'll talk to you later," Ginny spoke out.

"Bye, Gin..." Harry finally spoke at the mirror, putting it down a second later and standing up to face his mother.

"Just how long have you been there?" he asked the queen with a half-smile.

Lily crossed her arms over her chest and huffed slightly. "I was only here for a second and I thought I'd have the consideration to let you finish instead of interrupting."

Harry laughed and leaned down to kiss his mum's head.

"Don't get angry, I just don't like to see her uncomfortable."

Lily raised her eyebrows. "And I make her uncomfortable?"

Harry ran a hand through his hair. "No, you try your hardest to make her uncomfortable, but you barely succeed...I haven't seen a more stubborn woman...she'll only feel uncomfortable if she wants to, trust me when I say you won't be able to make her feel or do anything she doesn't want to.

Lily shrugged and looked around the room.

"Everything's ready for the party tomorrow, is it not?"

Harry nodded.

"Is she coming?" the queen continued.

The young man looked at his mother sternly. "Her name is Ginny, and yes, mother,of course she's coming; she's my girlfriend, for Merlin's sake."

Lily shook her head at her son. "Alright, alright, don't bite my head of...I just wanted to know if there was anything you wanted..."

Harry shook his head and offered his mother a smile. "I've got everything I need, Mum."

And, somehow, Lily didn't know how she should feel about that.


"His attitude is...well, it's not like he was rude before, but he's so charming now, Ginny...trust me when I say that being with you has changed him..."

Ginny laughed off Hermione's words. "Yes, I'm sure he says a lot more swearwords now."

Hermione rolled her eyes at her sister-in-law.

"I'm serious, Ginny...the man is so in love with you that he barely knows what to do with himself."

At these words, however, Ginny didn't seem relieved; on the contrary, she gulped.

"He almost told me he loved me the other day..."

Hermione raised her eyebrows a little, asking Ginny to continue.

"We had gone out into muggle London and, when we came back home, we were kissing and it was getting pretty heated and he almost said it, but I cut him off, told him it was getting late, and sent him on his way."

Hermione's eyebrows were still raised. "I'd have thought he'd already said it. I mean, I thought the two of you had probably already...well, you know..."

Ginny bit her lip. "We haven't," she let her friend know. "I mean, we've nearly gotten there a few times, but I think we'd both like to be on more stable ground before getting there."

Hermione looked at her best friend questioningly. "Are you trying to tell me you're not happy, Ginny? Because your body language is telling me that you want out and you want it soon."

Ginny sighed as she stood up from the sofa that she and Hermione were sharing.

"Harry is outstanding, Hermione...he's cute, and smart, and charming, and loyal... and I think I fall more in love with him every single day. At this point, I even love that he's sneaky and obsessed with being neat and he gets jealous easily...and, in any other guy, I wouldn't have tolerated that, but with Harry it just seems like all those quirks are suddenly what I've always looked for in a guy."

"Then what's the problem?"

"The problem," Ginny stated, "Is that I've never felt this way about anyone. I remember how I felt when I was standing on the altar with Dean, Hermione, and it doesn't even compare to what I feel when I see Harry after a few hours; the feelings I felt when I was sleeping with Dean are nothing compared to what I feel when Harry gently touches my hand, and Harry's kisses drive me to another universe. That's the problem! Each second I spend with Harry makes me see clearer that he's the one I should have waited for but it's impossible, it can never be!"

Hermione smiled at her friend sympathetically.

"So what are you gonna do?" the older woman asked.

"Well, I have a feeling that, as of tomorrow, we might be apart for a while and I don't think he's going to take it well at all..."

"Care to elaborate?"

Ginny bit her lip and explained the situation to Hermione.


27th March 2006

"You look gorgeous," Harry whispered in Ginny's ear as they both moved to the rhythm of the slow song that was being played.

All over England, small parties were being celebrated today, in honour of Albus Dumbledore, a brave man who killed Voldemort exactly 24 years before, sacrificing his own life to rid the Wizarding world of such a horror. Normally, Harry would have celebrated this day with his parents at a small party with their closest friends, celebrating not only the victory of Dumbledore, but the survival of Harry, who could have died that same night. However, this year Harry had put his foot down and asked to be able to celebrate a small party with his closest friends; yet, everyone really knew what Harry wanted, to celebrate it with Ginny without having to involve his parents.

"Please," Ginny laughed it off. "If I look gorgeous I really don't know what you'd call your sister."

Harry laughed and moved Ginny around slightly so he could see his younger sister. The beautiful red-head was dancing with her husband, the magical King of Spain, in the corner of the room. She was wearing a long beige dress that contrasted with the tanned skin she had acquired from her new country; nevertheless, Harry could see under the obvious beauty and he had immediately realized that his sister was tired and slightly unhappy; her hazel eyes didn't shine like they used to, and she seemed to have lost that spirit that he had always considered a rival to Ginny's. The prince didn't realize what could be wrong with his sister, though; she was married to the man she loved, living in a beautiful place and she had Annabel, a precious daughter that had turned a year old a few days before.

"She looks beautiful too," Harry told Ginny. "But you are really glowing tonight, that colour looks wonderful on you."

Ginny laughed as she looked down at her camel dress. "I thought you liked me best in emerald," she let him know with a smile.

Harry twisted her around and brought her even nearer to him, their lips so close that they were almost kissing. "You drive me mad in emerald."

Harry leaned in and kissed her softly, but the second the song ended; Ginny pulled away and started moving towards the table were the drinks were being served. Harry followed her and asked for a drink for both of them.

They both took their drinks and Ginny led him into the room that was next to the big salon where the party was taking place.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked her, but before he could finish the sentence, she had already started talking.

"I'm leaving for Angola tomorrow," she told him quickly, scared of his reaction.

Harry looked at her dumbfounded, not knowing how to react.

"Don't worry," Ginny reassured him. "It won't be in the most dangerous part."

Harry finally regained himself. "Are you trying to tell me you're leaving for the Wizarding part of Angola tomorrow? The part which is in war as we speak?"

"You must have supposed I would go...you knew about the Quiddich tournament they're holding..."

"Yes," Harry agreed. "I knew perfectly that a bunch of idiots were going to place themselves in the immediate line of danger to fight in a war were they don't belong and I was ready to discourage you if you decided you wanted to go, but since you didn't say anything..."

"It'll only be a few days, Harry..." Ginny let him know. "Besides, I won't be fighting; I'll only be playing Quidditch!"

"Playing quiddich in a place where a dark wizard, one that could very well be more dangerous than Voldemort himself, has banned that sport! Listen to yourself, Ginny!" Harry's tone gained volume as he tried to get his girlfriend to listen.

However, Ginny wasn't taking it. "How can you be such a hypocrite? You went there not a month ago to direct some troops who were fighting for freedom! Why can't I go? Because I'm a woman?"

Harry took Ginny's hand and tried to calm down. "I wasn't in danger, Gin...You can't just go there and ask for a fight just to play a damn sport!"

"It's not about the Quidditch!" Ginny fought back, taking her hand away from Harry's. "You know very well that it's more than that! I want to fight for freedom too! Do you know how many Quidditch teams have had to give up? Some of the players are friends of mine!"

Harry breathed in and took a sip of his drink, begging his breathing to go back to normal and calm down. "Fine," he told her, accepting the issue. "But I'm going with you."

Ginny raised her eyebrows. "And how do you suppose you are going to do that? Just apparate to Angola and state that you are there to protect me or some other idiotic idea? You can't leave England, Harry, that's not an option. I'll just see you when I get back..."

Harry, however, was having none of that. "Ginny, I think by now, you know me enough to see that this is not how I work. You can't just tell me that you're leaving tomorrow and expect me to be okay with it..."

"Well, you're gonna have to," Ginny snapped at him, turning around so that she could head out. Yet, Harry took hold of her arm and stopped her from leaving.

"Well, I'm not..." Harry snapped at her just as forcefully. "I'm your boyfriend; we have to talk this through..."

Ginny sighed. "Harry, I'm who I am and I'm not going to stop doing that because the Prince of bloody Wales has taken a liking to me..."

Harry hated to admit it but that stung. "A liking? What the hell is wrong with you? I lo-"

"Don't!" Ginny shouted, not allowing him to finish his declaration. "Don't do this now, Harry, I'm begging you..."

"No! It's me who's begging you to listen to me. I'm starting to realize that you and I are it, Ginny...I've never..."

"Please, Harry! Stop! I can't hear this now...please, we'll talk when I come back!"

Harry gulped slightly and ran a hand through his hair. He paced for a few seconds before looking up at Ginny angrily.

"I won't let you leave," he told her. "I'll send a message to all the apparating points and tell them that they are not to let you pass through..."

Ginny grabbed his arm and looked at him forcefully. "If you do that you won't be seeing me again, ever..."

Harry held her stare for a few seconds, clenching his jaw and trying hard to break her cool, but he wasn't able to and so, defeated, he took his leave.


7th April 2006

"She's such a brat!" Harry told Hermione, who looked at him disapprovingly.

"She's not a brat, your- Harry...She's just used to doing what she wants because she hasn't had anyone to hold her back in a long time..."

Harry sighed. "I'm not trying to hold her back...I'm just trying to keep her safe..."

And that moment, Elizabeth entered the room, holding a beautiful baby girl with tanned skin and gorgeous brown curly locks falling down her small back.

"Is he still worrying over Ginny, Hermione?" the young-woman asked her.

Hermione sighed. "I'm afraid he is, your Highness...Either way, the queen has called for me, so, I must leave. Don't give it so much thought, Harry, please...you're making me worried too."

And with that, Hermione left, leaving the two siblings and the baby alone. Harry smiled and took hold of his niece with extreme care.

"Are you seriously worried?" the red-head asked her brother, who looked back at her.

Harry shrugged. "There's been a few attacks, Liz, but, truth be told, I think he can hold her own. I'm more worried about the discussion we had before she left...I think she doesn't want to continue with this...I think she's had enough of the drama and the stress and she just doesn't want to hear me out..."

Elizabeth touched her baby's cheek gently while thinking about her brother's dilemma. "And what is it that you want to say so badly?"

"I don't know," Harry confessed. "That I love her? That she means more to me than anyone ever has? That when I'm with her nothing else matters?"

The young woman couldn't help but laugh. "Hold it, Romeo...I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Do you realize who you are? You can't just marry anyone, Harry; you know that... Ginny is fantastic; she's beautiful, smart, and polite, but... she's a commoner, she's a Quidditch player, she knows nothing of protocol and, to make things worse, she's divorced, Harry..."

"I don't care about any of that, Liz..."

"Yes, I know that, Harry. However, you're the future King of England, I'm afraid you can't afford to not care..."

"And what am I supposed to do, Elizabeth?" Harry asked angrily. "Go looking for a noble woman who suits me? You were lucky...you found Federico and Federico found you, but we both know it could have gone another way..."

At the louder tones, Annabel started to squirm a little and her mother took her from her uncle's arms.

"I'm not saying it's fair, Harry...I'm saying that it's the way it is. You keep saying that I was lucky, but haven't you ever thought that maybe I just didn't look any harder because I knew Federico was the best possibility I had?"

Harry ran a hand though his hair. "But you love Fede?"

"Of course I love Fede, he's my husband and the father of my daughter, but that doesn't take away the fact that I could be going to healer training, dating Marcus Finnegan and going out to clubs every Saturday night," Liz snapped at her brother. "If you love her, then you might have to start deciding if she's more important to you than your family and the crown, because, although I wish you could, I doubt that you can have both..."

Harry put an arm around his sister and patted his niece's head softly.

"Are you ok, Elizabeth? I've noticed you've been a little off, but I..."

Elizabeth looked at him with innocent eyes. "I'm fine; I just... the stress of everything is getting to me... Federico is constantly out and it seems like the people are already expecting me to have another baby and... I feel like I'm a useless queen that does nothing, that just sits around the palace all day, bearing children and knitting or something..."

Harry was about to comfort his sister when Hermione's steps were heard running towards them.

"Harry!" the woman shouted when she reached them. "An explosion was conjured at the Quidditch stadium...Ginny was playing."


A/N: Don't hate me, really please...I'll try to update ASAP but i can't make any promises. I didn't send the previews last time and I really am extremely sorry...I just realizes right now, when I'm about to post the chapter but next chapter will be likes all the rest...al those who review will get a PM about 4 or 5 days before the chapter is out with a small preview :D

Reviews 238
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear