Search:

SIYE Time:4:25 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Time Troubles
By Harryfan01

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe, Post-DH/PM
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, All, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 32
Summary: Kids are excited that they will start a new school year. But, what happens when James pranking mind sends them back in time. And they found themselves stuck in their parents time.
Hitcount: Story Total: 27065; Chapter Total: 3884





Author's Notes:
I am really excited to post this chapter after the astounding response received by the previous chapters and I also want to THANK ALL THE READERS AND REVIEWERS for their fabulous response. I hope that you will enjoy this chapter and please Rate & Review. Constructive Criticism is always appreciated.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


In 2021, at Potter Manor . . .

Ginny woke up suddenly the next morning to find herself in the arms of her husband and saw that the sunlight was gleaming from the window of the living room. She adjusted herself to the circumstances and awaked Harry.

“Harry, wake up! It is already quite late in the morning and you have to get the Ministry for the trial.”

Harry woke with a moan when Ginny kissed his lips gently and quickly grabbed the opportunity as he deepened the kiss which made his wife moan in pleasure. They broke apart to get some air and grinned at each other.

“Morning, love.”

“Good morning, Mrs. Potter.”

“Well, I think we should get ready since you have an important trial and I have to go to Glasgow Stadium to cover the controversy that happened in the last match between Puddlemere United and Cannons.”

“Okay, Maddy!” Suddenly, a house elf appeared before them in an instant.

“Yes sir. What can I do for you?” she asked his master while bowing to him like a faithful servant.

“Can you please make us a light breakfast because we have to leave early for work?”

“Of course sir!” She disappeared with a pop to the kitchens to start the meal.Ginny stood to go the bathroom for shower and she saw the two goblets lying on the table. She remembered the unexpected announcement made by their former Head of House about their children’s disappearance.

“Harry, the kids!” she asked Harry worriedly and concerned. Soon, Harry also recollected the events and decided to go to Hogwarts to ask Professor McGonagall about latest updates regarding their children.They quickly showered and ate their breakfast before flooing to the Headmistress’s Office in Hogwarts.

“Harry, Ginevra!” exclaimed the Professor in surprise when she saw that the couple had flooed to her office. She knew that they must be concerned about the kids but still that didn’t prepare her to meet them so early in the morning.

“Professor, do you find anything about their disappearance?”

“Sorry, Harry but we are unable to track them.” replied the lady disappointed to tell the pair about the failure.

“Harry, where could they have gone? They couldn’t have simply vanished from the face of the Earth. I hope that they are alright wherever they are.”

“Don’t worry, Gin. Everything will be fine.” reassured Harry.

“I am extremely sorry about the news. I also fervently hope so that they are safe.”

They turned to see that the portrait of their former Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore speaking to them.

“Thank you Professor! That really means a lot to us,” replied Ginny.

“I also offer my condolences, Mr. and Mrs. Potter,” spoke the portrait of Severus Snape.They were quite surprised at the statement made by their former Potions Master, but immediately thanked him, Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall for their support and flooed back to their home.

“Harry, I think I will be taking a leave today because I know I will not be able to focus on the report,” Ginny told Harry.

“Same here, Gin. I think I will ask Ron to attend the trial for me as well as send me the paperwork home because I will also take a leave.”

With that, he went to the Floo to call Ron. After some time, the head of Hermione appeared in the Floo.

“Good morning, Harry! What is the matter? Is everything alright?”

“Morning, Hermione! Can you please tell Ron to cover the trial for me? Also tell him that all the details and evidences of the case lie on my desk and send the paperwork home.”

“Of course, Harry I will tell him but is everything alright because today is a very important trial and I you are taking leave, then it must be serious.”

“Thanks Hermione! Yes, we are in little bit of trouble but don’t worry, we sort it out ourselves and if we will need any help, we will surely tell you about the issue. But, until then, bye.”

“Bye, Harry!”

And with that, the flames in the fireplace died down.

********************** ******************************
Meanwhil e, in Hogwarts in the year 1996,

James, Albus and Lily woke when a high pitched sound of a house elf was calling them. They saw that the sunlight was dancing in the room and they recognized the house elf named Kreacher.

“Morning, Kreacher!” answered Lily in a tone which made Kreacher really uncomfortable.

“How do you Mudblood know my name?” he shrieked loudly.

“What do you mean by . . . “she was interrupted in her talk by his elder brother, James.

“Lily, you forgot that we have traveled back in time and hence, he doesn’t know us as well as I don’t think he even respects us since Dad told me that only after his seventh year, he started to treat him and others courteously.”

“Oh. . . okay. So, why are you waking us?”

“The Headmaster desires to meet you in his office at 8 to talk with you.” he informed them and soon disapparated with a pop.

“Guys, I think we should get ready first before we start our adventure trip.” said Albus to his siblings.

“Well, damn right! Do you know guys; I’m feeling quite giddy right now.”

“Lil, what do you mean?” asked Al, confused at the statement made by his sister.

“Well, I mean Dad and Mum always tell us about the various adventures they had in their school years. But, see us, we haven’t fought any Trolls or Dragons and this is really boring. I was starting to think there is no excitement in our lives but with this little mistake, we are actually going on journey and I think I have something to tell my children now about our little voyage when I grow up.” she said nervously and in the process, twirling her hair in her fingers.

“Well, okay so let’s refresh before we meet him in his office.” said James.

After some hours, a knock was heard in the Headmaster’s Office.

“Come in!” was the reply and with that, all the three kids sailed into the room.

“Good morning, Professor.” They replied in chorus.

“Good morning, James, Al and Lily.” Dumbledore replied with a bright twinkle in his eyes. “How was your sleep?”

“I say that it was quite alright, Professor!”

“That’s good to hear. Now, I hope that you will know the reason for which I have called you here. I am really surprised by the way, you all have taken the news about your stay but I have to say that the journey that you are going to embark on will be full of hardships and you are going to change not only your lives but those around you as well.”

“Sir, you are right. We actually know the stakes but we know that if we stuck with each other, then we will surely pass this obstacle.”

“James, I believe that your parents have successfully taught you the value of family and I will not at all be surprised if you complete this passage without any bumps. Well, now back to the point. What have you decided to disguise yourselves?”

“Well, we have decided our fake names as well as the various other aspects like names and occupations of our parents and relatives. But, still lays a problem ahead of us because we don’t know how to disguise ourselves for long durations.”

“Al is right about the bump. We have already overruled the use of Polyjuice Potion since it is very difficult the strands of hairs every few hours as well as the use of Disguise Charms because first, Lily doesn’t know how to cast the spell. Second, Al knew but he will not be able to hold it for long as well as using these charms will drain too much energy from him and third, there’s always a chance that someone broke the charm and then, we will completely be exposed.”

“I believe that all your reasons are quite valid and thus, this is quite a critical issue. Well, I suppose that we have to discuss these aspects to Professor McGonagall because we need to find the solutions to this issue quickly. But, until then, let’s discuss finer details of the situation.”

“Okay, sir!” Lily replied nodding to the words spoken by the old man standing before them.

“First, you have to make sure that you don’t reveal the truth and have to be quite cautious to what you speak because you might leak something from the future or some delicate information which your parents or relatives have not told anyone.”

He paused and saw the heads of the children nodding before continuing, “Second, make sure that you get close to the Weasleys especially Harry because he will not allow you to enter you in his inner circle. Please try to make this quick as possible and I’m telling you this because it will make your journey smoother since you already know them so well and I believe that you can wear them now in some weeks as well as they will help you to adjust to the situation. Third, enjoy these moments which have been gifted to you to know your parents and relatives much better and learn to respect them in a different perspective when they are not your father, mother or uncle or aunt but your friend. Not only you will be at ease but your support will help them to cope the difficult times that lay before us.”

When all the children nodded to tell the Professor that they have understood the instructions given to them. Suddenly, a knock was heard in the room. “Come in, Minerva.”

As soon as the Dumbledore gave the permission to enter in his office, Minerva McGonagall came barging in his office and said,” Why did you woke me up so early, Alb. . . .” She was stopped dead on the tracks when she saw the children sitting in the office which she hasn’t seen them but yet, they felt so familiar.

“Who are they, Albus and what are they doing in here so early?” questioned the Transfiguration Professor to the Headmaster.

“Well, Minerva, meet James, Albus and Lily Potter. They are the children of Harry and Ginny and are the reason for which I have summoned you.”

She looked completely shocked and baffled at hearing that the names of the children and their parents. She finally asked the old man,” Excuse me, Albus, do you just say they are Harry and Ginny’s children?”

“Yes, you have heard me correctly me, Minerva.”

“But, how. . . . this is not possible.”

“Well, to make a long story short, they have accidently travelled back in time and are now stuck in this timeline for quite some time.”

She took some deep breaths to calm and revive herself from the impact of the words spoken by the Headmaster of Hogwarts before speaking,” Well, let’s start from the beginning, shall we?”

Soon, after she heard the story and even though, it was hard to believe what is standing before her own eyes and repeatedly thought that it was a dream or a joke but she couldn’t ignore the reality of the incident. After, the explanation was finished, she said,” Then, welcome to Hogwarts for another school year. I, sincerely hope that you will enjoy your time here in this school.”

“Well, thanks professor! It really means a lot to us.” James replied in a sincere and intense tone that told the Transfiguration professor told the urgency in his voice. “So, do you have any idea how we will be going to spend this much time without revealing ourselves?”

“Well, there are several ways to do so but I don’t think that you will be able to successfully hold your disguise for a whole session. One way is that you turn into an Animagus but I will be kidding myself that you know this type of advanced magic.”

“Well, professor, sorry to disappoint you but James already knew how to transformation of the Animagus.” said Albus Severus Potter to their future Headmistress of Hogwarts.

“Really, I’m quite astonished that you know such an advanced Transfiguration and which form do you take?” questioned McGonagall very interested in the conversation.

“I can transform into a bear and an eagle.”

“What? You are a multi-animagi. I haven’t seen any other person to have more than one transformation than Professor Dumbledore.”

“You don’t need to be surprised because I have inherited this trait from Mum and Dad since both can also transform into more than one animal.”

“Really, I know I am asking you a lot of questions but I have to drown my curiosity before I give you further assistance to find a solution. So, can you please elaborate on this information?”

All the kids with the Headmaster smiled at seeing the giddy and excited nature of the Gryffindor’s Head of House before Lily answered the questions raised by Minerva McGonagall, “Professor, Dad can transform into four Animagus forms, Lion, Wolf, Owl and Phoenix while Mum can transform into Animagus forms, Cat and Panther.”

“So, professor, can you please help us now to solve our problems if your questions are finished.” James said, snappishly as well as annoyed seeing that the person that has been called by the Dumbledore to help them is asking unnecessarily queries which are wasting their time instead trying to suggest answers.

“I’m very sorry, James that I lost my way. But, you see, it’s very exciting to learn the hidden talents of your parents. So, I am very sorry that there is no direct charm or spell or potion that will guarantee your safety but I think a combination of some spells and potions might give you the desired results but until then, I believe you should rest because I’m sure you will need that a lot in the coming times.”

With that, McGonagall gave them their goodbyes before departing to her office to research to find a key to this problem. “So, I believe we say our good bye for the moment before we meet again to discuss the suggestions made by Minerva. Until then, I say you must straight go to your quarters before somebody catches you roaming in the castle.” Albus Dumbledore said to the children.

The children stood and went to their allotted guest room to wait for the call to further decide their plan.

******************************* ** ******************************

In the year 2021 at Potter Manor . . .

After having a short breakfast and dressing themselves, the parents, Harry James Potter and Ginevra Molly Weasley Potter, went to Harry’s study to discuss the sudden disappearance of their kids in a mystified fashion from the Hogwarts Express.

“Harry, but don’t you think in the whole mess, we might be overlooking some facts like they cannot VANISH INTO THIN AIR and. . .” before calming herself before continuing her fuming, “I’m sure that something wrong must have been kept on their hands, otherwise, I know that my children will never think of such a prank in their whole lives without a valid reason.”

“You are right, Gin and I completely comply with you on this topic because I know, even with the mischievous and perchance of trouble, they will never do such a thing!” he replied before sitting beside his beautiful wife and kissing his wife’s forehead in a reassuring manner.

“Harry, it is just like when they went to Diagon Alley by using the Special Portkey Fireworks made by George on Al’s fifth birthday. Thankfully, he remembered to activate the safety charms otherwise I don’t think I will ever be imagining to the place where they could have end up.” Ginny said to release the tension.

“I know, Gin” Harry said chuckling at the incident.

Suddenly, Harry bolted to his feet and went to check on the shelves and said,” Sweetheart, quickly check the other shelves and if you find anything PECULIAR, call me.”

Ginny also stood and went to the remaining shelves and examining it closely to find any unusual incidence happened. They searched the office for half an hour before Harry swiftly jumped from his position and called Ginny’s name, “Honey, I think where the kids might be right now!”

He showed her a box labeled ‘Time Galleons’ which was covered with ancient Galleons and saw a place where one gold coin was missing.
Reviews 32
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear