Search:

SIYE Time:15:42 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Realizations
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Disturbing Imagery, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 230
Summary: The year after the war was a confusing time for the teen warriors. They had fought against the greatest evil - what was next? Follow them as they try to find out. Canon pairings.
Hitcount: Story Total: 133469; Chapter Total: 7647
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thank you to my beta StephanieO for her hard work. I am really bad at writing French accents so I have chosen to write Fleur without an accent. Please feel free to imagine her speaking with an accent.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny smiled as she finished up her shower. She was quite proud of herself for keeping up with Harry as well as she’d been able to. While he had completed two circuits around the Burrow to her one, she was confident that soon she would be able to keep up with him.

As she stepped out of the shower and headed to the sink, she heard noises below her in kitchen. She wasn’t sure if that was a good sign or a bad sign. After drying off and brushing her teeth, she brushed out her hair and pulled on her dressing gown. Once in her room, she opened her drawers. To her dismay, the only clean bra in the drawer was the patched and raggedy bra that had been remade from one of Molly’s old bras.

It wasn’t just the fact it was second hand that upset her. That bra was the one she’d been wearing that awful day in Dark Arts. She hand shook slightly as she slammed the drawer shut. Unfortunately, slamming the drawer on the bra didn’t slam the door on the memories of that day.

She took a deep breath before heading into Dark Arts. Professor Carrow had dispensed with the ‘Defence Against’ portion of the class after the first week. Luckily Carrow wasn’t very bright, just rather enthusiastic. He spent most of the class time describing awful Dark Magic spells and demonstrating some of them. Ginny cringed to think of what Hermione would think about him using house elves to demonstrate some of the spells.

Walking into class she smiled at Demelza as she slid into the desk next to her. Setting her bag down, she pulled out her book, parchment, quills, and her homework. She nervously checked her homework once again. The essay was supposed to be on the best way to torture Muggles, but Ginny had written it on the best ways to help Muggles using defensive spells.

Professor Carrow entered the classroom staring down at the students. He summoned their homework and returned the previous essay they’d been set. Ginny glanced at the top. A ‘D’ was scrawled on the top. She didn’t let it upset her, she hadn’t received a passing grade on anything in Dark Arts this whole term.

After giving them the chapter they were to read, Professor Carrow started flipping through the scrolls of homework.

“Weasley!”

Ginny looked up as Professor Carrow looked up from her homework. She swallowed heavily. She hadn’t really thought he’d look at them during class.

“Yes.” Ginny looked back at the Death Eater steadily. She wasn’t going to allow him to intimidate her.

“What is this supposed to be?” He held up her essay.

She shrugged, “It is an essay on how to help Muggles using defensive spells.”

“Is that what you were supposed to write about?”

She didn’t answer, just stared back at him.

“Harper! Use Weasley to practice the Cruciatus.”

Ginny glared at Harper as he eagerly jumped out of his chair. Standing as gracefully as she could, she walked up to the platform at the front of the room. She wasn’t going to let them get to her.

“Crucio!”

The stabs of pain were worse than the last time he’d used it on her, but it still wasn’t anywhere close to the level of the Carrow’s curses. She bit her lip in an effort not to scream.

Professor Carrow glared at her when she stood tall even after Harper was done with her. Before she could return to her desk, he pulled out his wand. She froze in her spot in front of the class.

With an evil smile, Carrow vanished her school robes. “Miss Weasley, I believe you are out of uniform. Detention tonight.”
As she started to her desk once again, Carrow waved his wand again and vanished her shirt and trousers. The Slytherins in the class started laughing and cheering. Carrow shook his head in mock disappointment. “Miss Weasley, if I’d know you were so eager to entertain us, I would have accommodated you.”

She could feel tears welling up in her eyes, but she quickly blinked them back determined not to let them make her cry. The Slytherins were laughing hysterically while commenting on the condition of her underclothes. Her bra had been patched several times as it was made over from one of her mother’s. She was relieved that at least her knickers were clean and in one piece. Glaring at the class, she started back over to her desk.

Carrow’s cruel voice stopped her once again, “No, Miss Weasley. You wanted to entertain us, you need to stand in the front of the class where we can all see you.”

Ginny turned and walked back up to the platform upon which Carrow’s desk sat. She stood as far away from Carrow as she possibly could. He forced her to stand in front of the room for the entire double class period. She stood straight and tall determined not to back down in front of them.

Once class was over, Demelza hurried over to her pulling her own robes over her head and wrapping them around her friend. “Here, Ginny.”

“Ginny!”

Ginny turned with a start. Her brother, Bill, was standing in the doorway of her room watching her in concern.

“Are you okay?”

She valiantly tried to reassure him, but her heart was racing and tears were already pouring down her face. He stepped into the room and she launched herself at him. He wrapped his arms around her and she buried her face in his chest, trying to calm herself down. Once Carrow had vanished her clothes that first time, it became his favourite punishments for her. She was glad he’d never gone further than that. It had been her biggest fear that he would decide to vanish all of her clothes.

This punishment had been the hardest to share with Harry. He’d been so upset, but he had tried so hard to be comforting. Seeing that he didn’t think less of her had lessened a lot of her fears, but the memory still had the ability to upset her.

Bill ran his hand down her hair and cuddled her in his arms. She felt him drop a kiss on top of her head. Memories of running to him as a child flooded back to her, it amazed her that even now when she was grown up he could provide so much comfort. Other than Harry, Bill could make her feel safer than anyone. He was the one who had been able to make her feel the safest and the most loved after the Chamber of Secrets.

She calmed down and pulled away from him slightly to wipe her eyes on the sleeve of her dressing gown.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” Bill asked in concern. He hadn’t seen her that upset since Fred’s funeral.

Ginny sighed and walked over to her bed. She threw herself down on her bed while Bill sat down in her desk chair that he pulled close to the bed. Staring at the picture of Harry she had on her nightstand, Ginny told her brother about her punishment.

When she finished, Bill didn’t say anything at first. Ginny looked up at him in concern and was shocked to see him crying. Reaching out her hand she took one of his hands in both of hers.

“They didn’t…they didn’t do anything…else, did they?” Bill asked hesitantly.

She immediately shook her head. “No, I was afraid they would, but they never did.” She blushed, “I…I was going to get dressed and the bra that I was wearing that first day is the only clean bra I have left. I hate it. I would throw it away or burn it if I could, but Mum won’t let me get anymore. She says we don’t have the money to waste on such luxuries.”

Bill managed to chuckle, “I think she might be more concerned about who might see them if she bought you fancy lingerie.”

Ginny laughed, blushing as she did so. She threw a look at her brother before she said, “I don’t honestly think Harry cares one way or the other.”

He shook his head, “That’s not what an older brother wants to hear.”

Reaching out he pulled her onto his lap. Ginny laughed and snuggled up against him for a moment, glad to be the little sister for once.

“Are you better?”

She nodded. He smiled down at her, “Why don’t you get dressed? I have an idea I want to run by Mum first.”

“Okay.” Ginny stood and once her brother left, she quickly shed her dressing gown and pulled on the hated bra and a clean pair of knickers before deciding on a pair of denim shorts and a green t-shirt.

When she arrived downstairs, Bill was by the stove talking to their mother. Ron was at the table eating what looked to be his second helping of sausage and eggs.

Ginny accepted the plate of sausage and eggs and waited until her mother and Bill joined them at the table.

As she started eating, Ron asked, “Were you up running with Harry this morning?”

She nodded and swallowed her eggs. “Yeah, it was great. I couldn’t quite keep up with him, but I did pretty well.”

Ron shook his head, “I don’t get it. He seems to love all of the physical activity, working out in the gym and all that. I went with him once; that was enough. He and Seamus seem to love it, though.”

“I don’t understand it, I’ve never heard of such things.” Mrs. Weasley said. “Kingsley suggested this?”

Ron nodded, “Yes, he wants all of the Aurors to exercise — even the girls.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Ginny snapped. “It makes perfect sense. If they have to chase after suspects or whatever, they need to have increased stamina. Tonks used to work out.”

“It certainly doesn’t seem very lady-like,” Molly asserted.

“I think it’s a great idea,” Bill intervened before his sister could explode. “It would be much better to be in shape and healthy than not. Harry was telling me about some of the machines they use to work out. They are similar to machines found in Muggle gyms, but they force you to use magic as well exercising both the body and your magic at the same time. He invited me to come with him some time, I think I might take him up on that offer.”

“If you say so,” Mrs. Weasley said dubiously. She shook her head, but she didn’t argue with Bill. If he thought it was okay, maybe it was.

Ron rolled his eyes, but didn’t comment on the conversation. Instead he said, “Mum, I’m going to head down to the shop and help Percy with the inventory.”

“You’re such a good boy,” Mrs. Weasley beamed. “Are you sure you got enough to eat?” She patted her son’s hand. “You boys lost so much weight.”

“I’m good, Mum. Thanks.”

Ginny had to resist the urge to roll her eyes. “I’m going over to Mrs. Tonks’s in a little while, Mum. She has an appointment so I am going to help watch Teddy.”

“Okay, dear. That sounds lovely.”

“What time do you think you’ll be done?” Bill asked.

“I’m not exactly sure,” Ginny said.

“I’ll be back later,” Bill said. Standing he kissed both his mother and sister on the cheek for leaving.
______________________________ _______________________________________

Hermione winced as her father slammed down the phone. He glared at her before turning away and shaking his head.

“I’m sorry, Dad.” Hermione said softly. “I don’t know how many times I can tell you that.”

Hugh Granger sighed, “Hermione, if I really thought you were sorry it might help, but honestly I don’t know how we will re-establish our practice.”

“I am sorry.” Hermione said clearly stung by her father’s words. “Why don’t you believe me?”

Gesturing to his wife, Hugh sat down on the couch closest to his daughter. “Hermione, you keep telling us you had no choice but to erase our memories and send us to Australia. I’m sorry, but I don’t agree.” He held up his hands to ward off her reply. “No, let me talk. Did all of your other friends do this to their parents?”

“No,” Hermione said. “But they didn’t have to, Ron’s parents were part of the fight and Harry’s parents are dead.”

“What about his aunt and uncle?” Jane Granger asked.

“His relatives were put under protection.”

“We couldn’t have gone ‘under protection’?” Hugh asked.

Hermione looked a bit discomfited for the first time. “I’m not sure. There was so much going on and with Professor Dumbledore being gone; I wasn’t sure who to ask.”

“So you didn’t even ask, you just decided that it would be best for us to lose our memories and move to Australia,” Hugh burst out.

“I was trying to keep you safe,” Hermione yelled back. “Why can’t you understand that?”

“Why couldn’t you have told us what was going on?” Jane asked trying to restore a bit of calm. “Did it not occur to you? That way we could have prepared to leave and we might not be in the mess we are now — a house that sat empty for a year, burst pipes, our offices foreclosed on, and our practice has long since moved on to other dentists.”

“I didn’t think of that,” Hermione said crestfallen. She’d been quite upset to discover her parents had not only lost their offices, but the burst pipes had flooded the basement and caused considerable damage.

“Hermione, I think we may have done you a disservice for many years now. Everyone tells you how bright you are and how smart you are…and you are, but you don’t know everything. You need to learn to ask for help. Why didn’t you ask the Weasleys or one of your professors for advice?” Jane asked earnestly.

“I thought I could do it on my own,” Hermione said stiffly. “It is a difficult charm and I managed on the first try. I don’t see how I did anything so wrong.”

“You didn’t ask us our opinion or ask for our advice.” Hugh said a bit angrily.

“You would have wanted me to come with you,” Hermione replied forcefully. “I promised Harry I would help him and I knew you wouldn’t like it.”

“Now we get to the root of the problem,” Jane said softly. “It wasn’t the easiest solution, or the best, but it was the one that allowed you to do as you wished with us out of the way.”

Hermione stared at her mother, “No, that’s not it.”

“Isn’t it, Hermione? For months now you’ve been telling us how you are sorry and how it had to be done, but none of your other friends resorted to such extreme measures and most of the other Muggleborn students either stayed with their parents or went to another magical school. You didn’t want to do either and you knew we wouldn’t agree to you going off with those two boys.” Jane said willing her daughter to really listen to her this time. Jane hated the divide that had sprung up between them and their daughter. Hugh was angry and didn’t know how to handle it.

Tears sprang to Hermione’s eyes. Is that really how her parents saw what happened? She reviewed her actions once again and this time she could see how she might have handled it a little differently.

Sensing her daughter’s softening, Jane smiled gently at her daughter. “Hermione, you are our brave, wonderful girl and we are very proud of everything that you have accomplished. We just don’t want you using magic on us just because it makes it easier to get your way.”

“Mum, Dad, I…didn’t mean to…I promise I won’t use magic on you,” Hermione sobbed. “I was just trying to do what I thought was best. I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you first. I didn’t realize that…I didn’t know how to handle everything. I was just thinking that if the Death Eaters caught you, you would die.”

Hugh softened watching his little girl. Standing, he walked over to her and wrapped her in his arms. “I know, sweetie. I’m sorry I’ve been so angry. I guess I just didn’t like that you felt you had to protect us instead of talking to us. A few little arrangements would have saved us so much trouble and I think that’s what I’ve been focusing on. If I could have made arrangements to continue payments, if I could have prepared the house, if I could have put out the word we were going on sabbatical. I haven’t thought about it from your point of view.” He kissed her on the top of the head. “You must have been so scared, love. I am so sorry.”

Pulling away he reached for his wife’s hand and pulled her into their embrace. “Can we make a pact? We will promise to listen with an open mind to your thoughts and suggestions if you promise not to use magic on us without our consent.”

Hermione nodded and the three of them held each other, each beginning the process of letting go of their hurt and anger.
________________________________ ______________________________________
Ginny smiled as she watched her normally serious boyfriend lying on the floor playing with the baby. Teddy had been thrilled to see his godfather; he had immediately changed his hair to black once Harry had arrived.

After Andromeda had showed them where everything was and given them all of the emergency contact information at least twice, she left the two teens with her grandson. Harry had immediately picked up the baby and carried him into the sitting room. Spreading a blanket on the floor, he gently set the baby on his stomach before stretching out next to him.

“He’s so sweet.” Ginny exclaimed.

“I know,” Harry smiled. “He’s rolling over now and Andromeda says in the next month or two he should be sitting up.”

Ginny moved over to sit on the other side of Teddy. She reached out her hand to touch his soft black hair.

“Isn’t he soft?” Harry asked. “I think that’s the thing that surprised me the most. He’s so soft and smells so good.” He laughed, “Well, most of the time he smells good.”

“I’ve never really been around a baby before,” Ginny admitted. “I was always one of the youngest myself and by the time my older cousins started having babies I was much more interested in running around outside.”

“I know what you mean,” Harry said. “I’d never held a baby before. Andromeda had to teach me to feed him and change him. The first time I held him I was so scared. He was so little and I was positive I was going to break him or something.”

He flashed her a crooked smile. “So far, I’ve been lucky and I haven’t broken him.”

Ginny giggled and Harry smiled, glad he’d been able to make her laugh. He looked over at her, “You look pretty today. I mean you look pretty all the time, but you look extra nice today.”

She blushed, “Thank you.”

Teddy started fussing and Harry picked him up and carried him to the kitchen. Ginny followed, watching them. Harry was talking softly to the baby as he grabbed a bottle from the cold cupboard. With a wave of his wand, he warmed it and after testing it, he sat down at the kitchen table and started feeding the baby.

Ginny sat down across from him, “You’re so good at that.”

Harry laughed, “Trust me, he’s being so good today.” He dropped a kiss on Teddy’s soft head. “I told him you were coming over and he had to make me look good.”

Shaking her head, Ginny laughed. “I’m sure it’s that easy and he just listened to you.”

As she watched Harry gently lifted the baby so he was sitting on Harry’s knee and started rubbing his back. After a few minutes, Teddy gave a loud burp causing both teens to start laughing. Harry gently wiped the baby’s mouth before cuddling him close again.

“Do you want to take Teddy for a walk?” Harry asked. “There is a nice park down the street. I usually take him for a walk when I’m here.”

“Sure,” Ginny agreed with a smile. She watched as Harry quickly changed his godson’s nappy and set him in the pram. Teddy’s face lit up with a grin.

“He’s just started smiling,” Harry said as they left the house. “I like the smiling over the crying.”

“You talk to him a lot,” Ginny commented.

Harry blushed, “When I was little, my aunt and uncle never really talked to me.” He shrugged with a smile, “I think I’m just trying to make up for that.”

“I think you are very sweet with him,” Ginny said. “He won’t be like you. He knows he’s loved.”

They walked down towards the park, enjoying the warm day. Harry kept looking over at Ginny; he could tell something
was bothering her. “What’s wrong, love?”

Ginny sighed, “I just had a bad moment this morning.” She explained what had happened as they entered the park.

Starting down one of the paths in the park, Harry said, “I’m so sorry I wasn’t there for you.” He glanced over at her. “I’m glad that Bill was there for you.”

She smiled, “Bill is the best. He said something about having an idea to run by Mum so I’m hoping he has something fun in mind. When I was little, Bill always came up the best ideas. He would have tea parties with me without complaining, he taught me how to swim, and he even taught me how to dance.”

“He’s your favourite brother, isn’t he?” Harry asked with a smile.

Blushing, Ginny nodded. “I know I shouldn’t have favourites, but he was always there for me. The summer after my first year when everyone was walking on eggshells around me, he wouldn’t make me talk. He told me stories about the Ancient Egyptians and just spent time with me.”

“I’m glad,” Harry said. “I still feel badly that I just ignored you after your first year. I mean I did ask Ron in a letter how you were doing, but he said you were fine.”

Ginny laughed softly, “Love, you were only twelve or thirteen and I couldn’t stop blushing long enough to talk to you.”

Stopping the pram momentarily, Harry leaned over and kissed her. “I’m glad that’s changed.”

The couple walked the baby around the park twice before heading back to Andromeda’s house. They arrived back at the house a few minutes before she returned. Harry easily transferred the sleeping infant to his cot before he and Ginny headed back to the Burrow.

Harry side-apparated Ginny back to the Burrow, due to the protective enchantments they still had to walk a ways.
Reaching out, Harry took Ginny’s hand.

“I’m going to be sad when you take your apparition test. I like travelling with you.”

Ginny laughed, “I know, but I don’t think my mum would accept that as an excuse. ‘Sorry, Mum, I’d rather just apparate with Harry.’”

“Sounds good to me.”

Shaking her head, Ginny looked around and pulled him over to the large oak on the edge of the front garden. Pushing him up against the tree, she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him deeply.

Harry responded immediately, tangling his hand in her hair while his other hand slid up the smooth skin of her back. Her
hands were not still either, sliding up under his shirt. Tearing his mouth from hers, he started raining kisses down her neck even as he pulled her closer. It was quite a bit of time before they made their way into the Burrow.
_______________________________ _______________________________________

Bill looked up and smiled as the slightly disheveled couple entered the kitchen just before noon. “Ginny, Harry, I was looking for you two.”

He was sitting at the table with a cup of tea and a plate of still warm biscuits. To Ginny’s delight, her mother was puttering around the kitchen cleaning and straightening. At the couple’s arrival she looked up and smiled, “Hello, dears. Thank you for doing the shopping yesterday. Arthur told me what the two of you did.”

Ginny smiled at her mother and squeezed Harry’s hand under the table. “Thanks, Mum. We were glad to help. Harry did all of the cooking.”

Turning her gaze on the young wizard, Mrs. Weasley smiled at him. “Thank you, Harry. I had some of your food, it was delicious. I didn’t realize you could cook.”

Blushing, Harry smiled. “You’re welcome, Mrs. Weasley. I’m glad I could help. I used to do a lot of the cooking at my relatives’ house so I’m used to it.”

Mrs. Weasley nodded. “I’m going to gather some laundry, is there anything you need washed?”

“No, I finished our laundry yesterday,” Ginny replied.

Kissing her daughter on the top of the head, Mrs. Weasley headed upstairs. After she left the kitchen, Bill turned to his sister with a smile. “Do you have plans for the next day or so?”

“Not really,” Ginny shrugged. “I was going to do a bit more revising, but nothing else.”

“What about you, Harry?”

Looking startled, Harry thought about it. “Um, I don’t really have any plans.”

“Great!” Bill replied with a smile. “Fleur and I would like to take the two of you on a short trip.”

“Really?” Ginny’s eyes lit up briefly before they shut down. “Bill, Mum would never let me go.”

“She already agreed,” Bill explained. “I talked to her and Dad and they agreed that you and Harry could come visit me and Fleur.” Looking around he lowered his voice, “I might have forgotten to mention that we’re not staying at Shell Cottage.”

“Where are we going?”

Bill laughed and shook his head, “Nope, not telling. Hurry up you two, go back a bag for a couple of days. Nothing fancy, but bring a swimming costume.”
_____________________________ _______________________________________

A little less than an hour later, Bill was gesturing his sister and her boyfriend into seats across from him and his wife. Ginny was looking around in amazement.

“This is so different from the Hogwarts’ Express,” she said in an awed voice. She settled back into the seat and automatically reached for Harry’s hand. Looking over at her brother she asked, “So can you tell me now where we are going?”

He smiled over at her, “We are going to Paris.”

Ginny’s eyes lit up, “Really?”

Bill laughed, “Yes, really. I thought we could all use a break and I figured that people wouldn’t recognize Harry as readily if we were both in France and in the Muggle part of town.”

“Wow,” Ginny suddenly turned to her brother. “Wait, if this is a Muggle train, how are we getting to Paris?”

Harry spoke up for the first time, “This train travels under the English Channel in something called the Chunnel. It’s a tunnel that travels under the water and connects us to France.”

She looked at him for a minute trying to decide if he was joking or not. “Is it safe?” she asked cautiously.

He nodded, “It is, we’ll be fine.”

“Okay,” Ginny said as she laid her head on his shoulder.

The four of them passed the afternoon talking and enjoying both the trip and the company.

Once they arrived in Paris, Fleur took charge and led them out of the station. She quickly arranged a cab for them to take them to the hotel.

As they exited the cab and entered the hotel, Fleur touched Ginny’s arm. “I arranged for a room for each couple, is that okay?”

Blushing, Ginny nodded. “Yes, that’s fine.”

The two women waited while Bill and Harry took care of checking them into the hotel. Fleur turned to her sister-in-law, “Ginny, I don’t want to presume anything, but here.” She pushed a vial of potion into Ginny’s hand.

Ginny could feel her face heating up again; she recognized the potion as the contraception potion. “Thank you.”

The couples had rooms across the hall from each other. Ginny gasped as she took in the opulence of the room. She almost didn’t want to put her tattered bag down on the bench — it certainly didn’t match the room.

She tried to avoid looking at the huge richly dressed bed and instead she walked across the room and opened the doors that lead onto the balcony. The view was spectacular. She could see the Eiffel Tower across the river and she hoped that they would be able to do a little sightseeing while they were here.

She jumped slightly as a pair of arms wrapped around her waist. Leaning back, she reached up and kissed him on the cheek. “Isn’t this amazing?”

He nodded. “Are you okay with us sharing a room?”

Turning in his arms, Ginny wrapped her arms around his neck. “I’m more than okay with it, love.”

Harry blushed and buried his head in her neck. “I just wanted to make sure. I don’t want you to feel pressured into anything.”

Lifting his head, he whispered, “I love you.”

She smiled up at him, “I love you, too.”

A knock at the door caused them both to jump. Harry drew his wand and to Ginny’s amazement, he put his eye to the door. “It’s Bill and Fleur.”

He opened the door and invited in the other couple. They walked over to the sitting area that Ginny hadn’t even noticed yet.

Bill smiled over at his sister, “Ginny, I hope you don’t mind, but I shared your story from this morning with Fleur.”
Ginny shook her head and Fleur smiled at her. Bill continued, “I wanted to bring you here so we could go shopping. You shouldn’t be reminded of everything just by getting dressed. Fleur and I wanted this to be our birthday present to you.”

Blinking back tears, Ginny looked from her brother to her sister-in-law. “Really? That would be amazing.”

“Excellent,” Bill said. He stood, “Let’s get going.”

Once again, Fleur took the lead and in a short period of time they found themselves in a rather exclusive boutique.
______________________________________ ________________________________
Ginny followed her sister-in-law in a bit of a daze. She’d seen advertisements for this type of store in her Witch Weekly magazine, but she never imagined she would actually shop in one. The shimmering array of satiny colours was as far from her mother’s made over bras as possible.

She docilely followed Fleur and the sales clerk into a back room. Glancing over her shoulder she saw that her boyfriend was blushing. Biting back a giggle, Ginny turned her attention to the other two women.

The clerk first measured Ginny, a process she found a bit embarrassing. She was used to magical tape measures, not someone actually touching her. Once her size was established, Fleur and the clerk brought in an overwhelming selection of satin and lace. While it was overwhelming, it was also fun.

Her mother would never have let her buy a turquoise or fuchsia bra. Ginny loved the colours and the luxurious feel of the fabric. To her shock, the knickers seemed to be rather small and missing most of the material in the back. However once she got used to the feel, she had to admit she liked them.

She looked up at Fleur, “Thank you.”

“You are welcome, ma belle-soeur.” Fleur replied with a gentle smile. “When Bill told me about this morning…you should never have had to endure such a thing. Some sexy new things will help, right?”

Ginny laughed, “I think so. I’ve never seen such beautiful things. Even my roommate, Cindy, doesn’t have such nice stuff and she’s always going on about how wealthy her family is.”

For the first time Fleur’s tinkling laughter made her want to join in, not feel envious. Ginny peered out into the shop. “Do you think I could get some of the nightgowns?”

“Of course,” Fleur replied. “Which kind do you like?”

Blushing slightly, Ginny pointed to the short satin garment with a lacy bodice. “I like that.”

Fleur nodded and headed out onto the floor to retrieve it. She laughed as Bill directed her to the black lace garment he liked. Looking over at Harry, she could tell that while he was embarrassed, he was doing his best to hide it. Nodding at the boys, she headed back to Ginny.

Once they had finished with their selections, the two girls headed to the counter. Ginny didn’t understand how many Galleons the total translated into, but it seemed like it was expensive. She chanced a glance over at Bill.

He smiled at her reassuring, “Its fine, sweetie.”

Reaching over, she hugged her brother and kissed him on the cheek. “Thank you.”

Turning to her sister-in-law, she embraced her as well, initiating a hug with Fleur for the first time. She kissed her on both cheeks and whispered, “Thank you so much.”

Fleur smiled, “You are more than welcome.”
_____________________________ ________________________________________ _
Harry blushed as they walked into the store. It was full of scraps of fabric and lace. The thought of Ginny in any of this was mind blowing. Bill gestured to spot by the door where they could watch and wait.

Fleur led Ginny up to one of the sales clerks and stared speaking in French. As Harry watched, the sales clerk led Ginny and Fleur into one of the back rooms. He chanced a look over at Bill.

“Thank you for doing this for her,” Harry said sincerely. His face darkened as the thought about what his girlfriend had endured. “She really deserves this.”

With a sigh, Bill nodded. “She does. I still can’t believe everything that happened to her last year. When I was a Hogwarts the biggest thing I had to worry about was grades and House points, certainly nothing like you lot.”

Looking over at the younger wizard, he said. “Look, Harry, this is a bit awkward for me, but I know you love my sister…” He shook his head, “If it was one of my brothers I’d be happy for them, so I am trying to be happy for Ginny. You make her happy and you have been so good for her.”

“I do love her,” Harry affirmed when Bill stopped talking. “I would never…I wouldn’t force her to do anything she didn’t want to do.”

Bill laughed, “I think I’m more worried about her taking advantage of you, but anyhow I just wanted you to know I think you two are made for each other.”

Blushing, Harry laughed, “I think so too.”

The two watched as Fleur came out into the shop and started picking out bras. Harry was desperately trying not to imagine Ginny in any of them while Bill was calling out to his wife the ones he thought she should buy. Bill laughed at Harry’s embarrassment. “Don’t worry the next shop won’t be so embarrassing.”

“The next shop?” Harry questioned.
___________________________ ________________________________________ ___
Several hours later, Harry and Ginny were back in their hotel room. Ginny was almost giddy with delight as she pulled all of her new belongings out of their bags. In addition to the beautiful lingerie from Bill and Fleur, Harry had purchased both Ginny and himself some new clothes. It amazed Harry how excited both Ginny and Fleur had become over shopping. He had never had much fun shopping, but he was happy with the clothes he’d bought. They were of good quality and fit well.

Ginny flashed a smile at him, “I’m going to take a shower before we head out to dinner.”

“Okay,” Harry said a bit dazed by her smile.

She walked by him and kissed him quickly before heading into the bathroom. Harry stared at the closed door for a minute, but the thought of Ginny getting undressed was a bit much for him. Shaking his head to try to clear his thoughts, he headed out onto the balcony and sat down on one of the chairs. He leaned back into the chair and enjoyed the view of Paris.

After a time, Harry heard the bathroom door open. He turned to see Ginny dressed in a deceptively simple silver sheath. It hugged her figure, highlighting her lithe curves. Harry forgot to breathe for a moment.

“Wow, Ginny, you look…amazing.”

She smiled, “Thank you.”

He stared at her for another minute before he swallowed heavily. “Wow. I’m going to get ready. You really look great.”

She giggled as he headed into the bathroom. After he showered quickly, he dressed in some of his new clothes. Ginny was waiting for him; he noticed that she had added a pair of heels to her ensemble.

He could have just stared at her all night. She looked so grown up and sophisticated, he still couldn’t believe that she wanted to be with him. But he wasn’t about to question his incredible luck.

Clearing his throat, he asked, “Are you ready to go?”

She nodded. As he headed over to her, a knock sounded at the door. Harry opened it to find Bill and Fleur on the other side. Fleur was also dressed up and while Harry thought she was pretty, he still thought Ginny looked better.

Fleur squealed, “Ginny, you look beautiful.”

“Thank you,” Ginny replied with a smile. “So do you.”

“Merci,” Fleur replied. She beamed at the young couple. “I have arranged for us to have dinner at one of my favourite restaurants.”
_________________________ ________________________________________ _____
Harry looked around the restaurant in amazement; he’d never seen such an elegant place in his life. Ginny squeezed his hand and he saw the same emotion reflected in her eyes.

A tuxedoed maître de led them across a regal looking room with mosaic tiled floors, damask curtains, and ornate crystal chandeliers. Harry watched as the maître de pulled back a chair for Fleur.

Biting back a laugh at the dazed look on the man’s face, Harry did the same for Ginny. He sat down next to her and smiled at her. Leaning over he whispered, “I never imagined I’d be eating in such a posh place.”

“I know,” she replied matching his whisper. “I’ve only been to places like the Three Broomsticks or the pub in town.”

“You look like you belong in a room like this,” Harry said with a smile.

She blushed, “Thank you.”

While Harry and Ginny were talking, a waiter arrived at the table and started conversing with Fleur. Bill broke into the conversation and to Harry’s surprise, Bill was also speaking French. Fleur turned and smiled proudly at her husband, watching him adoringly as he ordered a bottle of wine for the table and some starters.

Harry looked down at the menu for the first time and exchanged an alarmed look with his girlfriend. Fleur caught the exchange, “If I may, shall I order dinner for the two of you?”

Ginny laughed, “I think that would be a great idea.”

Turning back to the waiter, Fleur rattled off an order. He bowed and hurried off.

“Did you grow up in Paris?” Ginny asked.

“Non, we are from the south, near Marseille,” Fleur explained. “My father works for the Ministry and my maman is a party planner. She likes to throw huge parties at our home. She used to bring me and Gabrielle up Paris several times a year when she came up here on buying trips.”

Bill smiled, “We were hoping to take the two of you sightseeing tomorrow. A walking tour of Paris, see the cathedrals and Eiffel Tower, does that sound good?”

The younger couple nodded and Fleur beamed as she explained her plans for the next day. Talk flowed easily around the table as courses were brought to the table. Harry was pleased to get to know the two of them better without the pall of the war hanging over them. He had always admired Ginny’s oldest brother and enjoyed getting to know him better.

After dinner, the two couple walked back to the hotel taking advantage of the cool Paris night. Saying good night to the other couple, Harry and Ginny headed back into their room.

Ginny reached out for Harry, pulling him close. She kissed him softly at first with increasing passion. Harry responded eagerly pulling her close and running his hands through her hair. Wrapping one hand in her silky hair, his other hand roamed over her curves.

Pulling away slightly, Ginny took Harry by the hand and led him towards the bed. Turning her back to him, Ginny looked over her shoulder and smiled at her boyfriend. “Unzip me?”

He stepped closer to her, running an appreciative eye over him. He slowly unzipped her dress, enjoying the view that was uncovered. Ginny held her arms across her chest as he unzipped her dress.

Once he was done, she turned back to face him with a beautiful smile on her face. As he watched, she uncrossed her arms and the dress fell. Harry watched the dress fall and licked his suddenly dry lips unconsciously. He vaguely recognized the satiny scraps of fabric she wore as something new from today’s shopping, but his mind was more focused her.

“You are so beautiful,” he said reverently.

She blushed as she kicked off her heels. “You are a bit overdressed.”

Staring at her barely covered chest, he hurriedly shed his clothes leaving him in only his boxers. It was her turn to stare as she took in his toned chest and arms, she took a step towards him and reaching out she slid one of her hands down his flat stomach. She reached the waistband of his boxers and ran one finger under the edge.

Swallowing heavily, Harry asked, “Are you sure?”

She smiled up at him, “Yes.”

He pulled her closer and lifted her into his arms. Walking over to the bed, he gently laid her down in the centre of the bed. He climbed up onto the bed next to her. She reached out for him and kissed him deeply, he settled himself between her thighs, groaning at the delicious pressure that created.

“Merlin, Gin,” Harry whispered. “You are so…incredible.”

Running one hand up his chest, she placed open-mouthed kisses on his chest. As his hands reached her chest, she reached around and opened the bra for him.

Staring down at her, he asked huskily, “Do we need to do the charm?”

She shook her head, “No, I took the potion.”

Pulling him down to her, the two became more heated and passionate. The pleasure soared between the two of them as they became one for the first time.






Reviews 230
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear