Search:

SIYE Time:8:47 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The List
By Brennus

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 277
Summary: A freak accident clears the name of Sirius Black who then takes over the welfare of a young Harry Potter. A hideous discovery convinces Sirius Hogwarts is too dangerous for the young boy. Years later a lonely, over-worked Harry meets a young lady who will change his life and actually allow him to have a little fun. If only his fellow Aurors could work out who he was dating.
Hitcount: Story Total: 153262; Chapter Total: 17469
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Happy Christmas everybody! Yes, just to be different I’m posting a chapter about Christmas in June. Nice. I must admit I toned the Harpies party down a bit, I already get into enough trouble with the Archivist’s as it is!

The bit about learning to dance Muggle style is completely true, as I personally demonstrated at a friend’s fancy dress party recently. Having a cloak on helps as well (no, I wasn’t a wizard. I went as V for Vendetta).

Thanks as always to mega-beta MinistryMalcontent and to anyone who reads/reviews/votes for my story. Cheers.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 10 — Disco Harry

Harry sat at the kitchen table in the Burrow sipping his mug of tea. Strangely, he never seemed to be able to visit the place for more than two minutes before a cup was handed to him, not that he minded. Frequently, the tea was accompanied by a piece of cake or home-made biscuits, which made the whole experience even better. Molly Weasley, for some reason, felt it was her duty to ensure Harry had something to eat or drink at all times, and he certainly wasn’t going to complain.

Unfortunately, it was Molly, and to only a slightly lesser extent Ginny, who had the complaints today. Harry had just explained, for what seemed like the hundredth time, that he was working over Christmas and would not be able to attend the festive dinner. This did not sit well with either the Weasley women.

“I’m sorry, but it’s the rules. Priority is always given to people with family over the Christmas holidays, so there’s no way I can get any time off. If I did, it would mean someone wouldn’t get to be with their sons or daughters or fathers and mothers. I’m sure you can appreciate how bad that would make me feel.” Harry thought this approach would at least get through to Molly, for whom family was everything.

“It’s just not fair, Harry,” Molly objected. “You work far too much as it is, and to be victimised just because you lost your family is disgraceful. You deserve a break more than most. Surely they could spare you for a couple of hours so at least you could have dinner with us?”

“It’s really not up to me, Molly, and the shifts are already worked out.” Harry was starting to worry that Molly and Ginny would storm the Head Auror’s office and demand Gawain allow him time off. Oh yes, that would go down well.

“It’s alright, Mum,” Ginny said in a tragic voice. “Harry clearly would prefer to work than spend time with me.”

“What! I didn’t say that! I would never say that!” He knew full well Ginny was winding him up, but he also knew the consequences of an improper response. “Why on earth would I want to spend time in a stuffy office, shifting bits of paper about, when I could be with my beautiful girlfriend and her wonderful family, eating mouth-watering food?”

Molly at least seemed to accept defeat with this. “It’s just a shame, Harry. We all would love for you to be here. Well, never mind, you come over after Christmas and we’ll all have a special meal then.” She accepted Harry’s nodded thanks and bustled out the room on some task or other.

Ginny, however, sat down opposite him and gave him a hard stare. “Smooth answer, Mr Potter, but you’re not out of the woods yet. I’m still not happy we won’t be together at Christmas, our first together I would remind you! All I can say is my Christmas present better be bloody spectacular!” she huffed.

Harry was at least happy he had that covered. He had spent a ridiculous amount of money in jewellers, and the matching necklace and earrings he purchased looked stunning, even to his untrained eye. “Don’t worry, I got you something nice,” he tried to pacify her before adding, “and it’s all wrapped up and hidden away, so don’t even think of searching my house to try and guess what it is.”

“As if I would do that.” Ginny tried to look indignant but didn’t quite pull it off.

“Yes, you would,” replied Harry. “You have the look of a serial present peeper to me.”

Ginny just tried to look innocent, which was always a sign of her guilt in his book.

“At least I managed to get time off to attend the Harpies Christmas party with you,” Harry reasoned. That had not been easy, and in the end had to offer to do a double shift on Christmas day itself to secure the evening of the party free.

“Right, so you can’t make to my family’s dinner, but you can make it to a party full of wild, attractive women, all getting drunk?” Ginny asked archly.

Harry nodded his head vigorously, earning him a punch on the arm. He grinned at her. “You do know I would be here if I could, don’t you?” he asked, turning serious for a second.

“Yeah, I know, but I just wish we could be together over the holidays,” she replied with a sad little smile.

“Me too. Still, I bet the Harpies party will be fun.” Little did Harry know just how much fun it would be.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHHPHPHP

Harry stood a little apprehensively outside the door to the Holyhead Harpies players’ bar. Ginny was on his arm and he had to admit she looked stunning. She wore a short creamy coloured dress with thin straps that left her arms and shoulders bare. Harry himself was dressed smart/casual style in a black shirt that Ginny had picked out for him and dark trousers. He was greatly relieved when he had found out that they would not be wearing robes. Ginny had given him an almost pitying look when he had enquired if that was the required dress code. Apparently, the Harpies just didn’t do formal parties.

Just how informal the party was going to be became apparent after they passed through the entrance. Loud music could be heard coming from the bar area, and rolling around the floor of the lobby was a young couple who seemed to be trying to tear each other’s clothes off with their teeth. Ginny glanced at the pair and commented that she thought the female was the reserve Keeper, before calmly stepping over the oblivious couple and heading to the bar. He followed, thinking that this really wasn’t going to be like any party he had ever attended before.

Stepping into the bar, Harry had to admit he was impressed. He suspected the room had been magically enlarged as a dance floor that he had never noticed before had appeared at the far end of the room. A thumping tune was playing that sounded very Muggle to Harry’s ears and at least a dozen people, including a number of Harpy players he recognised, were already up dancing wildly. The entire room had been transformed and the decorations were fantastic. He saw at least half a dozen Christmas trees dotted about the room and streams of lights were hung everywhere. Most interesting was the ceiling, which, he saw, had sprigs of mistletoe hung everywhere at roughly four foot intervals. Harry estimated that making it across the room to the bar without getting caught under several of the sprigs would be impossible.

“They’ve gone a bit overboard on the mistletoe haven’t they, Gin?” he asked her.

“What’s the matter, Harry? Worried the Harpies will molest you?” she replied with a grin.

“I’m surprised you’re so calm about it,” he countered. Ginny could be a little possessive, and he had noticed her glaring at any woman who happened to glance his way many times previously. This time, however, she just reached up and patted him on the cheek.

“It’s Christmas Harry; it’s only fair that I let the girls play with you a little as a treat.” Harry bristled at this for a second before a plan began to form in his head. Okay, Miss Weasley, if you want to play, let’s see how far I can push this, he thought. They got drinks from the bar and Harry started searching the crowd for a suitable target. Across the way he spotted Ginny’s neighbour, Linda Thomas, talking with a few other girls. Perfect. He steered Ginny over to the group.

“Hi, everyone,” he casually greeted the group before dramatically looking up at the ceiling. “Why Linda, you appear to be standing under some mistletoe. I think tradition states I have to kiss you.”

Linda looked vaguely amused. “You do remember Harry that I prefer girls to guys, don’t you?”

“Come on, Linda,” he begged, “you’ve got to give me a shot at turning you, don’t you?” Beside him, he heard Ginny choke on her drink. For a second, Linda was stunned before a determined look appeared on her face. She slowly walked up to Harry swaying her hips as she looked him in the eye.

“Okay Harry, go for it…if you think you’re man enough,” she challenged.

Harry didn’t hesitate. He closed the space between them rapidly and slid his left arm round Linda’s waist while his right hand cradled the back of her head. Without warning, he tipped her body back slightly and pressed his lips to hers. For a second he felt her struggle, no doubt the sensation she was having at the moment would be similar to the one that he would have if he decided to snog one of Ginny’s brothers, but he held the kiss. He was slightly surprised to feel her relax slightly in his arms. Deciding he had kissed for an inappropriately long time, he pulled away and set her back on her feet. Linda’s eyes bulged slightly and Harry couldn’t decide if she was going to throw herself at him or be sick, but he was putting money on the latter.

There was a gasp as he released her and looking round he saw that a number of the Harpies had gathered round to watch the show. Suddenly, a girl he recognised as Tracey Stewart, one of Ginny’s fellow Chasers, leaped forward.

“Me next!” she cried.

“No, me!” came another shout. Suddenly, several of the girls were all pushing and shoving each other, trying to fight their way to Harry to be next under the mistletoe. This proved just a little bit too much for Ginny. She strode forward and placed herself directly in front of Harry, her wand drawn. This caused Harry a moment of confusion as to where she had hidden her wand, bearing in mind the skimpy dress she was wearing.

“Right! Listen, you lot. No one, and I mean no one, is kissing my boyfriend again! Got that!” she nearly screamed. Harry thought there was more fun to be had.

“No one, Ginny? But I was going to kiss you next,” he said calmly. Ginny turned on him rapidly and for a second he thought he was going to get hexed. Instead, the near snarl she had on her face turned into a hard look.

“Well, of course I didn’t mean me. Get over here and kiss me then, Potter!” she growled. Harry stepped over to her. Just before he managed to put his arms round her, he heard her whisper, “And it better be a bloody better kiss than you gave Linda or you’re dead meat.” Right, he thought, one better kiss coming up.

He placed his hand on the back of her head and pulled her to him with his other hand firmly grabbing her arse. With no pretence at subtlety, he pressed his mouth to hers and forced his tongue in. Ginny’s hands returned the compliment and closed around his backside as she pressed herself into him.

Kissing in public is always a tricky business. Kiss too long and people will start to snicker or just get embarrassed. Fortunately, or perhaps not, Harry and Ginny were surrounded by Harpies and embarrassment was not something they were normally subject to. The girls, seeing that the kiss was continuing, started counting out the seconds it was lasting loudly. Harry thought he would aim for somewhere in the mid-twenties, but as the count reached that number he decided he was fine where he was. Eventually, they made it sixty-three before the restricted oxygen flow forced them apart. Huge cheers greeted them as they pulled apart, and Harry grinned at Ginny.

Ginny however did not grin back. A blazing look had come over her face and she suddenly leapt forward and grabbed his hand, dragging him through the assembled crowd.

“Just going to powder my nose, girls,” she yelled as she pulled him with her towards the door. Harry didn’t think that’s what she actually intended and rather suspected she was leading him somewhere to give him a bollocking for kissing Linda. He was greatly surprised, therefore, when Ginny did in fact pull him into the ladies toilets and pushed him into one of the cubicles. He was even more surprised when he suddenly found his trousers and boxer shorts yanked down to his ankles.

‘Um, Ginny, what are you doing?’ he managed to stammer.

“Hush, Harry,” she purred, “it’s a party, and you should be enjoying yourself.” She then slowly and deliberately pushed him in the chest. He toppled back and ended up sat on the toilet seat.

“Ginny, what are…Oh, sweet Merlin!” Harry suddenly found himself enjoying the party very much.

Around three quarters of an hour later the couple made their way back to the party. Of course, they were greeted with a chorus of ‘we know what you’ve been doing’ by most of the other Harpies, but Harry strangely found himself not caring. After several well-earned drinks, Ginny pulled him onto the dance floor.

One thing about the Wizarding world Harry had never understood was its attraction to balls and dances. They always seemed so old fashioned to him. He never had any desire to dance foxtrots or waltzes, even if his two left feet would let him. During his time with Sharon, who was a regular nightclub goer, Harry had discovered the secret to Muggle dancing — you just had to be drunk enough that you didn’t care how much of a prat you made of yourself. That was definitely something he could do! He was delighted therefore that the Harpies had hired a DJ who was blasting out dance tunes any trendy Muggle London club would be proud of.

Ginny proved to be a wonderful dancer. She was also an incredible sexy mover and Harry was captivated by her. She bumped and grinded against him regularly and in retaliation he grabbed her hips and swayed in time with her. Harry also noticed the Harpies didn’t do slow dances. If someone wanted a little extra contact with their partner, it seemed acceptable just to grab them and push them up against a wall. Thinking this was a much better way of doing things, several times he just grabbed Ginny and pulled her over to a quiet corner to snog. She didn’t raise any objections.

Before they knew it, midnight had come and gone. Needing sustenance they attacked the buffet table before downing more drinks. Suitably refreshed, they again hit the dance floor with a passion. It was sometime later that it struck Harry that he was, in fact, having the time of his life. He had never been much for parties, but this one was going down as his all-time favourite. Ginny seemed to be having a great time as well, as she tossed her long fiery hair about her as she danced.

Eventually, exhaustion overcame them and they retreated to the bar again. Harry grabbed a bottle of lager, the Harpies also being keen on Muggle drinks, while Ginny moved onto vodka and lemonade. They noticed Simon and Stacey at a nearby table and went to join them. Simon appeared red faced and near total collapse.

“I’m not used to all this physical exertion, Harry,” he complained. “I’m going to die out on that dance floor.”

“Stop moaning,” Harry admonished him. “This is a great party!” Simon only smirked.

“Yeah, I heard about your little party trick with Linda. Everyone’s talking about it,” he laughed. A worrying thought struck Harry.

“I hope her partner wasn’t upset about it,” he frowned.

“Nah, she thought it was hilarious! Her girlfriend — snogged by Harry Potter!” They both laughed as Harry reached for his drink. He found the bottle empty and Ginny grinning at him impishly. He sighed. Some things never change.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Normally, Christmas Day was Ginny’s favourite time to be at the Burrow, but this year everything just felt wrong. She cherished the memories of her childhood, when the family would wake to gather in the living room to hand out presents. While they had never been the richest family, all gifts were given with love and gratefully received. The rest of the day would be filled with great food and finer company (unless, of course, Aunt Muriel invited herself over).

Looking round the room now, there were too many faces that didn’t fit in with her memory of what a perfect Christmas should be. She admitted this was a little unfair of her as many of the new attendees, such as Hermione and Angelina, were good friends of hers. Others, such as Audrey and Fleur, she could definitely do without. Ironically, it was the absence of another non-regular face that was irritating her the most.

Too many Weasley traditions had fallen by the wayside for her liking over the years. Of course, after Fred’s death nothing would be quite the same ever again, but many little family quirks and habits had stopped. Her Mum even stopped making the Christmas jumpers for them. She didn’t even have the consolation of opening Harry’s gift yet, as Ron had insisted they wait to open presents until later in the day so Hermione could spend the morning with her parents.

With the thought of Harry, she couldn’t help but smirk at the memory of the Harpies’ party just a few days previous. He had shocked her several times that night, first by that stunt with Linda (although Ginny had to admit she had been asking for that one) and then by being such a willing and able dancer. They had already decided that they would hit a few Muggle night clubs in the New Year, and she was looking forward to it. Of course, she managed to shock Harry back when she’d pulled him into the loo! It had nearly been dawn when they finally made it back to her flat and she had to admit she couldn’t remember when she had had so much fun.

In a way, the memory of the party just made her feel worse now. As she became increasingly grumpy, she decided to break open a bottle of wine, much to the displeasure of her mother who thought that drinking before lunch time was some sort of crime. After Angelina, and surprisingly Audrey, joined her for a glass, Molly had to reign in her acid comments somewhat but continued to glare at her.

Finally, Hermione and her parents arrived and presents were distributed, but Ginny struggled to maintain much interest. She made an effort to thank the giver of each gift she received, but nothing she received stirred much enthusiasm. She made a point, however, of leaving Harry’s gift until last. Due to her lethargic pace, most people had finished opening their presents and were mingling around the room by the time she picked up Harry’s small, perfectly wrapped gift. Tearing off the paper she found a blue velvet box about six inches by four with the word ‘Fotheringhams’ written in gold leaf on the front. With mounting excitement, she opened the box and gasped at the contents.

Inside was a necklace with matching earrings. Each piece of jewellery contained a large emerald with the necklace also having smaller diamonds mounted on each side in a fan-like arrangement. Ginny thought that her gift was breath-taking. She had never seen jewellery so beautiful before, and shuddered to think how much it cost. Tucked inside the box was a note which she unfolded with trembling hands.

My Darling Ginny,

I’m so sorry I cannot spend Christmas day with you and please believe me that there is nowhere I would rather be.

I hope you like my gift, when I saw it in the shop I just thought it would look great on you. Please let me know if it’s not to your taste and I’ll get something else, jewellery isn’t my strong suit!

Hope you have a great Xmas and I will see you soon.

All my love.

Harry.

Ginny stared at the note and particularly how he had signed it off. All my love, he had written, the first time he had ever expressed such a sentiment. Her eyes darted from the stunning jewellery to Harry’s note, trying to decide which of them meant the most to her. She was distracted momentarily by Hermione plonking herself down on the sofa next to her.

“What’s that you have there, Gin…sweet Merlin! That’s beautiful!” Hermione eyes bulged as she peered into the box in Ginny’s hands. “Is that from Harry?” Ginny could only nod, not trusting herself to speak at that moment.

“Oh, Ginny, those will look fabulous on you. What does the note say?” Ginny numbly passed the note to her friend, who scanned it quickly.

“How do you feel about this, Ginny?” Hermione asked quietly.

Ginny turned to regard the girl. “Honestly, Hermione? At the moment I’m so happy I could burst!”

A huge grin appeared on Hermione’s face and she threw her arms around her. Although she hated herself for it, Ginny started to become a little teary and angrily wiped her eyes. Of course, Ron chose that exact moment to look up. He strode over to her.

“Ginny? What’s the matter?” he asked.

“Harry’s present…” she began.

“What the hell has that prat done now?” he snarled. “Do you need us to sort him out?”

Ron must have instantly realised his mistake as both girls’ heads snapped towards him with anger. He tried to back pedal quickly.

“What?” he implored, “Ginny’s crying! Harry must have done something to upset her!”

“She’s crying with happiness, Ron!” Hermione yelled at him, attracting the attention of most of the other people in the room. “If you had any sort of emotional depth at all, you might have figured it out!”

Ginny sighed theatrically. “I can’t believe you’re going to marry my idiot brother, Hermione. Surely you can do better than him?” Hermione adopted a tragic look.

“Well, I’m sort of committed now. We’ve booked the tent and everything,” she sighed.

Ron scowled and stomped off, leaving the girls giggling. Maybe this Christmas was not turning out so bad after all.
Reviews 277
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear