Search:

SIYE Time:5:59 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Time for Family
By luukjn

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/PM
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Rape, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 18
Summary: After his father died, James abandoned his family. Only when Albus is dying does James realise what happened. By accident, James travels back in time and is given a second chance to save his family.
This story is part of my 'Family of Harry Potter' series.
Hitcount: Story Total: 36114; Chapter Total: 1930





Author's Notes:
This chapter contains mentions of sexual situations.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 11: Revelations

I look around the flat. I recognize the place, but I can't tell Albus that.

"Where are we?" I ask Albus after some time.

"My flat above Olivander's. I was planning on studying wand lore with Olivander after finishing Hogwarts. In the holidays I was supposed to live here for a couple of weeks and work as an intern in the wand shop below. Olivander sent me the keys a couple of weeks ago," Albus explains.

I nod, not really taking in what Albus is saying.

"I see the two of you are awake," someone says from behind us.

I quickly jump up and pull my wand, only to see Mr. Olivander looking at Albus and me with his eerie eyes.

"Mr. Olivander, I'm sorry for just crashing in like this," Albus says quickly.

"No need to apologise, I heard what happened at St. Mungo's and Godric's Hollow. Ghastly business with the Dark Dryad and all, reminds me of Voldemort," Olivander says, shaking his head.

"The Dark Dryad?" Albus and I ask at the same time.

"It is all over the Daily Prophet. Some dark witch who calls herself 'The Dark Dryad' claims responsibility for the fire at St. Mungo's and the ransacking of Godric's Hollow," Olivander says, handing a Daily Prophet to us. But neither Albus nor I are accepting it.

I have sagged on the couch and am muttering 'she can be saved' over and over under my breath. The mantra the only thing keeping me from breaking down completely.

Albus sits down heavily on the couch and puts his head in his hands.

"You heard of her before, I take it?" Olivander asks.

"We have met," I say, but I'm not looking at Olivander, I'm looking at Albus. His reaction puzzles me.

Albus looks up as I say it. He looks at me like he has only just seen me for the first time. Then a look crosses his face as though he has just solved a very complex puzzle to which he already should have known the answer.

"Well, I will leave the two of you to it then. There is food in the fridge if you need it," Olivander says, but I'm not listening to him. I distantly hear the door close. But all my attention is on Albus as a great myriad of emotions flit over his face.

"You know of the Dark Dryad," Albus says after some time. It is not a question. I stare at Albus questioningly, and I wonder, how does he know about her?

"So do you," I point out.

Albus nods and stands up, and starts pacing around the room.

"How did I not see this before?! How could I have been so blind, so stupid?!" Albus says loudly.

"Care to fill me in on whatever you have just figured out?" I ask archly.

"I think you are already familiar with the story yourself, James," Albus says, narrowing his eyes at me.

"What are you talking about?" I say, completely nonplussed now.

"The Dark Dryad! You know as well as I do who it is!" Albus shouts.

"I do yes, but how do you know?" I ask, still not getting what Albus is getting at.

"That is not the point," Albus says dismissively.

"Al, I still can't read thoughts, what the hell are you on about?" I ask, finally getting to my feet.

"Dad dies, you abandon the family, sound familiar?" Albus asks waspishly.

I look at Albus with wide eyes, how did he know about that? That has not happened this time.

"Yes," I say, instantly on my guard.

"This explains everything," Albus says, shaking his head.

"This explains what?" I ask, now more confused then ever.

"The locket! Of course! It must have had some of the potion on it still! Figures it works on skin contact too!" Albus shouts out, pointing to the locket that is still in my hands.

"I am still not following," I say carefully.

"You are from the future, I'm from the future, I made a potion to send my memories and mind back in time, it must have done the same for you," Albus continues as though I haven't spoken.

"You are also from the future?" I ask perplexed.

Then I remember the circumstances under which I was sent back.

"You sent me on a suicide mission to try and save The Dark Dryad? Knowing I would fail?" I ask, my temper rising.

"I didn't think it would matter, I was going to change things anyway," Albus says dismissively.

"Well, it mattered Al! All year I have been having nightmares about being a prisoner of The Dark Dryad! Being tortured by her about a locket I knew I did not have any more! So don't say it wouldn't have mattered! You abandoned me to a terrible fate!" I shout.

Albus stops pacing at my words and looks at me with his mouth hanging open.

"I never intended for it to go that far! I would never have thought you would get captured!" Albus says shocked.

"Well, it happened," I say shortly.

"Fine, I admit, it might not have been the best plan I have ever had, but it was the only plan I could think of that would work!" Albus says defensively.

"You never intended for me to go back in time did you?" I ask.

"No, and I think we would have been better off if you hadn't come back," Albus says harshly.

"That is uncalled for!" I say, hurt.

"If you hadn't come back I would at least have known what to expect from you," Albus says.

"Well, for your information, I did succeed in your 'suicide' mission you gave me. Before the Dark Dryad killed me I thought I saw some of the old Lily coming through, I think she can be saved," I say.

Albus merely huffs and turns away.

"Well, I'm here now, am I not? You can't just say that this is all my fault! You can't say that I screwed up! You were the one with all the information, but yet, here we are!" I say harshly.

Albus glares at me. The silence between us is ringing.

"There were and are a lot of things I don't know," Albus says after a while.

"Like?" I ask archly.

"I knew dad was alive, but I didn't know he was Mr. Popov, that is new. I still don't know how mum died. I also don't know how Lily became so dark, except that Scorpius has something to do with it. But I don't know what Scorpius thinks to gain," Albus explains.

Albus his explanation calms me down somewhat.

"Maybe these memories will help with those questions," I say, holding up the vial of memories dad gave me yesterday. Was it only yesterday? It seems ages ago now.

"Dad gave you memories?" Albus asks sharply.

"Yes, just before he died," I say.

"So that is why you took the Pensieve," Albus says nodding towards the Pensieve.

"Yes, but before I put them in, you have to realise, Al, we are in this together now," I say sharply, while I open the box and take the Pensieve out.

"I guess," Albus agrees hesitantly.

Seeing as that is the best I'm going to get from Albus at the moment, I put the memories in the Pensieve and watch as the memories start to form.

"After you, then," I say to Albus.

Albus nods to me and enters the Pensieve, I quickly follow.

~O~

Albus and I land in what looks like a locker room. It looks as though they have seen better days. It reminds me a bit of the dismal hotel we stayed at in Russia.

Dad is standing near one of the lockers, his hands resting beside an open locker. A man I recognize as Viktor Krum is standing behind him.

"I can't do this Viktor, I can't just allow you to die," dad says. He sounds tired. Looking closer it looks like he has aged a great deal in a short amount of time.

"You don't have a choice, it is the only way," Krum says. There is no trace of his Bulgarian accent. Not that I expected there to be, his English has greatly improved over the years.

"Why? I don't understand how you got wrapped up in all this!" dad says, turning around to face Krum.

"I have been interested in the Hallows since Fleur's wedding," Krum admits.

"That long?" dad asks perplexed.

"I looked up Grindelwalds sign and what it meant, you were right, Lovegood did not connect the sign with Grindelwald," Krum says.

"I still don't get what this has to do with today," dad says.

"There is going to be an attempt on your life today! That you must get!" Krum says urgently.

"Yes, but I don't see why you must die," dad says seriously.

"Don't you see? You must die, Harry, but you mustn't! What would happen if the Elder Wand would fall into the wrong hands?" Krum asks heatedly.

"That is what this is about? The Elder Wand? How do you know..." dad begins.

"That you are the master? You told the whole world when you defeated Voldemort, or have you forgotten?" Krum asks, arching an eyebrow.

Dad looks stricken when Krum says it.

"But why now?" dad asks after a couple of seconds of silence.

"Cho Mason's book," Krum says as explanation.

"Bloody Hell, I told Cho not to print the part about the Elder Wand," dad mutters under his breath.

"She didn't, it was the omission that caught the wrong attention," Krum points out.

"Who is after it?" dad asks curiously.

"I don't know," Krum admits shaking his head.

"So, you are saying that I must fake my death, and then go into hiding? Abandon my family? I can't do that," dad says seriously.

"Even not if it kept them safe?" Krum asks.

Dad sighs and sits down heavily on one of the benches.

"My son came to me and asked what would happen if I died. He seemed terrified at the prospect, as he should be. I can't put my family through that," dad says, looking straight at Krum.

"Your kids go to Hogwarts, right? Teach there, go in disguise. You are an Auror, think of something!" Krum says exasperated.

"I still don't like the idea, but I see there is no other option," dad says, standing up slowly.

"Take this Polyjuice Potion. I just need one of your hairs," Krum says, holding out two vials.

Dad pulls one of his hairs out and hands it to Krum while taking the vial of potion containing one of Krum's hairs.

The scene goes black and next we are standing in the arena. Dad summons a big smoke screen. Now I can clearly see that dad quickly drinks a potion while switching places with Krum, who now looks like dad.

The scene goes black again and Albus and I are standing in mum's room at the Potter Home. Mum and dad are of course snogging.

"Did he have to include this?" Albus asks from beside me.

Before I can answer mum and dad break apart.

"I thought you had died, again!" mum says, scolding dad.

"I'm sorry I had to put you through that Ginny, it was Viktor's idea," dad explains.

"Why?" mum asks, crossing her arms.

"It is about the Elder Wand," dad says and then stares into mum's eyes. A couple of minutes pass in silence before mum finally sits down heavily on the bed.

"How long?" she asks.

"I don't know, I hope to wrap this all up before Christmas," dad says seriously.

"Christmas, that is a long time," mum says tearfully.

"I know, love, I know, but it is the only way," dad says, sitting next to mum and pulling her into a tight hug.

"We haven't been that long apart since we became married. Will our bond survive?" mum asks worriedly.

"I don't know," dad says, shaking his head.

"How are you going to disguise yourself? Even I heard how much you suck at them," mum says, attempting at a bit of humour.

"With this, George's Ageing Solution, Auror Edition," dad says, holding up a vial with a bright orange potion.

"You mean that product that ages you like fifty years in an instant?" mum asks.

"Yeah, it is the easiest way. The Auror Edition can be applied or cancelled with a simple non-verbal spell," dad explains.

"Well, let's see how you look in fifty years," mum says grinning.

Dad nods and takes the potion, a couple of seconds later, in dad's place stands Professor Popov with green eyes and a scar prominent on his forehead.

"Still messy," mum says, pulling her fingers through the hair on the back of dad's head.

"You have to do something about the scar and your eyes though," mum says, looking critically at him.

"And I need a walking stick, it seems I will contract Lumbago in the next fifty years," dad says groaning, grabbing his back.

"Poor you," mum says giggling.

"You are enjoying this way to much," dad says, scowling playfully.

"Might as well make some fun out of it don't I?" mum says grinning.

Dad hobbles over to mum and attempts to catch her, but she is to fast for dad.

"Right, something to hide your scar, a walking stick and something for your eyes," mum says after they are done chasing each other, dad is out of breath and sitting on the bed.

Mum is rummaging through the wardrobe and comes out with a nice looking walking stick, a headband and some contact lenses.

"Contact lenses?" dad asks in horror.

"To change your eye colour. Al would be proud if he knew you were wearing them," mum says grinning.

Dad sighs and accepts the items mum gives him.

"Speaking of the kids, when are you going to tell them?" mum asks, suddenly serious.

"I have to handle some things at the Ministry, then I will be back, when I'm at Hogwarts we can keep contact through the mirrors, okay?" dad asks seriously.

"Okay," mum says, suddenly tearful.

"It will work out, Ginny. It will be over before you know it," dad says, pulling mum close.

"When was this?" I ask.

"Probably before you adjusted the wards," Albus says, just as everything went black again for a second.

Now we are standing outside the Potter home, or at least I assume we are standing in front of it, since we can't see it.

"Bloody Hell, James, did you have to shut everyone out?" dad mutters under his breath as he paces just outside where I know the wards end.

"I don't blame you, but this is a bit much..." dad mutters. He shakes his head and then everything goes black again.

"Well, that explains that," Albus says matter of factly, just before a new scene materializes itself. We are standing in what looks like a teacher's quarters at Hogwarts.

"James doesn't trust me," dad says into a hand held mirror. Instead of dad's reflection, I see mum staring back at him.

"That complicates things," mum says thoughtfully.

"Well, it is more that Daphne doesn't trust me, and it looks like James believes her," dad admits.

"Daphe? Daphne Zabini?" mum asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, her," dad confirms.

"She always had trust problems, especially after what happened to her sister," mum says emphatically.

"True, though she gave an interesting speech. I never knew I meant that much to her," dad says, shaking his head.

"You never understood how much you mean to people, Harry. That has always been your problem," mum says, shaking her head.

"I guess it takes sort of dying to find out such things. Daphne would never have said those things to me if I was alive," dad says.

"True," mum says.

"I must go now. I love you, Ginny, always," dad says enigmatically.

"Love you, Harry. Make it quick," mum answers tearfully.

Again the scene goes black and reappears. Again we are standing in the teacher's quarters at Hogwarts. Dad is again holding a hand held mirror.

"I will come over on Boxing Day to Weasels Keep, you are there now. right?" dad asks.

"Yeah, I'm a bit under the weather though, so don't expect much out of me," mum says seriously.

"Are you okay?" dad asks worriedly.

"I'll be fine," mum says reassuringly.

"Okay," dad says, nodding.

"Any luck with telling the kids?" mum asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No, I have the feeling they are avoiding me. Well except for in lessons of course," dad says, shaking his head.

"You will tell them on Boxing Day, then?" mum asks.

"That is the plan," dad says heavily.

"What about the 'before Christmas'? Any progress on your mission?" mum asks.

"No, the trap is set, but nothing happened yet, I have no idea what my supposed murderer is waiting on," dad says, sighing heavily.

"Hope it is quick. I don't know how long I can keep doing this, Harry," mum says tiredly.

"Me neither, love, me neither," dad says sadly.

The scene fades to black and we reappear once again in the teacher's quarters.

"I can't take this any more," mum is saying from the hand held mirror dad is holding.

"It will be over soon, love, I swear," dad says wearily.

"You have been saying that all year!" mum says exasperated.

"I swear, if after school is done this is not over, I don't care. I'm going to drop the whole Mr. Popov disguise. No matter the consequences! You are right, this has gone on too long," dad says with fire.

Before mum can answer there is a knock on the door.

Dad looks puzzled at the door.

"Duty calls. Love you, Ginny," dad says, before he puts the mirror away and quickly applies his Professor Popov disguise, before going in to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom to open the door. Albus and I quickly follow.

Dad opens the door only to find a very nervous looking Scorpius standing there.

"Mr. Malfoy?" dad asks.

"Professor Popov, I have to speak to you!" Scorpius says urgently.

"Very, vell, come in," dad says, sitting behind the desk and motioning Scorpius to a chair.

Scorpius looks around uncertainly, and then sits in the offered chair, looking extremely uncomfortable.

"Vhat did you want, Mr. Malfoy?" dad asks, looking at Scorpius intently.

"You are an Auror right?" Scorpius asks carefully.

"Yes, I'm an Auror," dad confirms.

Scorpius nods and fidgets with the sleeve of his robes.

"I have done something terrible," Scorpius says after a long stretch of silence.

Dad says nothing but keeps looking at Scorpius, folding his hands together.

"Explain," dad says after a while.

Scorpius looks up at dad, but then looks down again to his shoes.

"Are you familiar with my grandfather, Lucius Malfoy?" Scorpius asks after a while.

Dad's eyes become stormy for a bit when he hears the name, but Scorpius does not notice, as he is still studying his shoes.

"I heard about him, yes," dad says after a while.

Scorpius opens his mouth and closes it a couple of times. After a while he shakes his head and begins on a completely different track.

"You should know that my childhood was quite good, the first eleven years of my life at least. I got everything I ever desired, I was taught to be brave and courageous by my dad. He always told me not to make the same mistakes he did," Scorpius says, finally looking up to dad.

"I never understood what he meant, till on my eleventh birthday, he told me about the war. You know the one, against Voldemort," Scorpius continues.

"I'm familiar with ze war," dad says, motioning Scorpius to continue.

"My grandfather, he was a so-called Death Eater. My father too, come to that, but my grandfather was sentenced to Azkaban for twenty-five years. However, he got free six years ago. Something about 'good behaviour'. I heard that Harry Potter fought tooth and nail to keep my grandfather locked up, but he did not succeed in that, obviously. My grandfather came free the day I went to my first year at Hogwarts," Scorpius says bitterly.

"No one wins all zeir battles," dad says as dismissively as he could. However I see him flinch at Scorpius's words. Scorpius however is studying his shoes again and does not notice it.

"You should know that I asked dad about being sorted into Gryffindor. Dad said he would be proud of me wherever I was sorted, even if it was Hufflepuf. But it was Gryffindor for me, as it turned out. However, my grandfather was not that proud," Scorpius continues.

Dad nodded that he understood, but he also looked quite miserable for some reason. But Scorpius was still studying his shoes and did not notice the change in demeanour.

"My grandfather saw me as a disgrace after that. I think he blamed mum. It was a couple of weeks later that mum suddenly died. My grandfather convinced the Ministry that she died of a heart attack. However, she was murdered. The body was never investigated, so the truth was never found out. Only Harry Potter and the Greengrass family did not believe it was a heart attack.

"My life certainly got worse after that. When I returned home for the Christmas holidays, my grandfather wasted no time in showing me how much of a disappointment I was. He threw me into a broom cupboard, and I was to survive on minimal food. In addition, my grandfather started to hit me. No one ever found out, not even the Aurors who visited the house quite often. My grandfather always healed me up after a beating. He also put glamours on me to hide the fact that I was malnourished. I was never to mention anything that was happening, or I would 'pay'," Scorpius says miserably.

I look shocked at Scorpius. All this was going on all this time? I look at Albus and he is also looking shocked. Apparently, he did not know any of this either. I look at dad and he looks truly miserable now. Dad quickly shakes his head and motions for Scorpius to continue.

"It got worse over the years. My grandfather extended his methods to punish me to the Cruciatus curse and whipping. He always healed the wounds afterwards. Dad always just stood by and watched, doing nothing. I think dad was afraid of my grandfather. The only one who suspected something was wrong was my best friend Albus Potter. But I always brushed his concerns off," Scorpius continues.

I look at Albus and he is shaking his head sadly.

"I could have helped you, Scorp. Dad could have helped you," Albus says, shaking his head.

"Someone could have helped if you told," dad says pointedly.

"Maybe I should have told someone what was going on, but I always felt that it was my own battle to fight, my own problems I had to solve. I was not going to break by talking about it," Scorpius says.

Dad mutters something under his breath about stubborn teenagers, and then motions for Scorpius to continue.

"It all changed when I received my OWL results. I received eleven OWLS, all ranging from Acceptable to Outstanding. It was the first time that my grandfather was proud of me. He even said that maybe I would be able to prove to be a 'true Malfoy' yet. What he meant by that I found out after Harry Potter died," Scorpius says, shaking his head sadly.

"Continue," dad says softly.

"My grandfather told me to 'show a Potter the true path' as he put it. To sway one or all of the Potters to the 'Malfoy' way of thinking. I refused," Scorpius says defiantly.

"However, no was not the correct answer. My grandfather probably knew more torture was not the key to get me to obey, so he did the next best thing. He kidnapped Rose. Rose Weasley was my other best friend. Over the years I have been falling in love with her, but I was to much of a coward to ever tell her," Scorpius says sadly.

"Even the most oblivious in this school have noticed that Scorp," Albus says, shaking his head.

"I hadn't" I say, surprised at the news.

"Okay, I stand corrected, the most oblivious, except James Potter who is even more oblivious than most," Albus says, rolling his eyes.

"I had no other choice. If I didn't do as my grandfather told me, he would kill Rose. I don't know where he is holding her, but I would do anything for Rose," Scorpius continues.

Dad nods and motions for Scorpius to continue.

"I thought Albus Potter would be the most obvious target, but he was extremely hostile towards me. I have no idea why. I suspect he found out about my home life and the lies I told him and hates me for it now," Scorpius says, hanging his head.

"So, what Potter did you corrupt then?" dad asks harshly.

"I knew I did not have a chance with James Potter, he has always been suspicious of me. However this year he mostly has left me be. No, I knew I had to go with Lily Potter. She never hung out with me or anything, but she has always been nice to me regardless," Scorpius says, not looking dad in the eye, if he had, he would have seen the fire in dad's eyes.

"It was easier than I would have thought. She was grieving and very receptive of what I had to tell her. Bit by bit I turned her against her two brothers. I'm not proud of doing that, but I did not have a choice," Scorpius continues miserably.

Dad nods woodenly and motions for Scorpius to continue.

"Lily always hung around me and would blow up against anyone else but me. It got worse after the Christmas Holidays. We used to retreat to the Room of Requirement, a hidden room here at Hogwarts, before the Holidays. But after the Holidays there was a bed in there. I swear I did not know Lily's intentions. Before I knew what was happening, well, I think you can guess the rest," Scorpius says, again looking at his shoes.

Dad looks like he wants to hex Scorpius into next year, but Scorpius does not notice.

"You had sex," dad says dully.

"Yes, it was safe. I know it doesn't make it right. We are both under age and everything. At first I quite enjoyed it. But I think that it meant something else to Lily than it did to me. Lily only had sex with me so she could forget, or so she said. As time went on we had sex many other times. Lily became worse and worse as time went on. I had the feeling that she was spiralling out of control, but still I did not tell anyone about it. Who was I supposed to talk to? The Potter brothers? They would kill me on the spot if they ever found out," Scorpius says miserably.

I don't know what to think about it all. My feelings are heavily conflicted. By the sound of it it was all Lily, but still... I look at Albus and he looks decidedly sick.

"So, wh-vhy tell me now?" dad asks, nearly slipping his accent in his anger.

"Dad. He is coming to Hogwarts this afternoon during lunch. He told me to meet him at the Tomb of Dumbledore. I have no idea why," Scorpius says, addressing his shoes.

"I realised I'm in way over my head. I'm scared that I have done irreversible harm to Lily. I'm willing to face the consequences of my actions, if you do everything in your power to save her," Scorpius says defiantly, for the first time looking dad in the eyes.

Dad is silent for a very long time. Finally he speaks.

"Very vell, you are to meet your father near Dumbledore's Tomb, I vill meet you zere at lunch. It is time to end zis, I vill deal vith you later," dad says harshly.

Scorpius nods and leaves the room shakily.

Dad moves towards the window.

"How could I have failed you this badly, Lily?" dad mutters under his breath.

Just then the door opens and Albus and I enter. The scene again fades to black.

When we reappear Albus and I are standing in a room at St. Mungo's. Dad is kneeling over a prone figure in the only bed in the room.

"Ginny, what happened?" a worried dad says urgently.

"I don't know. All of a sudden I felt worse than I have ever felt in my life and I vomited. I vomited black, Harry," mum says. She sounds extremely weak and frail.

Just then a healer enters. I recognize her as healer Parvati Thomas.

"Ah, you were allowed in, Harry," Parvati says kindly.

"Yeah, it was not easy," dad says, his eyes not leaving Ginny.

"What is wrong with her?" dad asks fearfully.

"Yellow Fever, we had a spate of cases shortly after the duels in Russia, the mosquitoes there seem to carry the disease," Parvati explains.

"But that was ten months ago!" dad says.

"It seems your bond has almost halted the disease. She would have experienced some symptoms over the year, but not this severe," Parvati explains calmly. I look at Parvati strangely. She knows about the bond? But then again, it would be logical for a healer to know about it.

"The bond," dad mutters.

"It started this afternoon around lunch," mum weakly says.

"Lunch? O, merlin," dad says, he looks very tired all of a sudden.

"What happened then?" Parvati asks confused.

"I had a magical altercation with Draco Malfoy. It seems that Avada Kedavra and Expelliarmus don't mix well," dad says heavily.

"You should know better," mum says coughing.

"I know," dad says chuckling darkly.

"When can I get out of here?" mum asks, looking at Parvati.

Parvati sighs heavily.

"I'm sorry, Ginny, but you are dying. At this point there is no cure. If this was treated immediately, then there would be no problem, and due to the bond that means..." Parvati says sadly.

"How long?" dad asks.

"Thirty minutes, one hour maximum, I'll leave the two of you alone then," Parvati says and leaves the room.

"Harry, the kids," mum says coughing.

"They are not allowed in here, I think the healers think you might be contagious," Harry says sadly.

"I know, but you should have your last moments with them, they deserve that much," mum says seriously.

"I'm so sorry, Ginny. If I hadn't done this whole Mr. Popov thing, then we could have had so much more time together," dad says sadly.

"You were just doing your job. And besides, we have an eternity together. The kids only have you for the next thirty minutes, go," mum says urgently.

"You are right, I guess I will see you soon," dad says, kissing mum lightly before he leaves the room.

The scene fades to black and Albus and I are ejected forcefully from the Pensieve, that was the last of dad's memories.

I crash on the couch, my mind a whir with the latest revelations. Albus leans heavily on the small table, trying to catch his breath.

"A mosquito? A damn bug is the source of all this?" Albus asks angrily.

"I guess all this information came a little to late," I say bitterly.

"A little too... Of course!" Albus exclaims suddenly.

"What?" I ask, looking up at Albus who now has a strange gleam in his eyes.

"It is never to late, I have the key ingredient for the time travel potion right here!" Albus says, grabbing Lily's locket from his pocket.

"Where did you get that?" I ask while I'm fully aware that I also still have Lily's locket in my hands.

"I picked it up at Dumbledore's Tomb when Lily dropped it," Albus says smugly.

"Why did you pick it up? Things were looking up when we were at Dumbledore's Tomb," I say confused.

Albus looks at me with wide eyes, looks at the locket in his hands and looks at me again.

"I don't know. I honestly don't know. It seemed like a good idea at the time" Albus says confused.

Reviews 18
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear