Search:

SIYE Time:11:25 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Time for Family
By luukjn

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/PM
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Rape, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 18
Summary: After his father died, James abandoned his family. Only when Albus is dying does James realise what happened. By accident, James travels back in time and is given a second chance to save his family.
This story is part of my 'Family of Harry Potter' series.
Hitcount: Story Total: 36109; Chapter Total: 2866







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Interlude: The Week of Ronald Bilius Weasley

Ron Weasley was having a very bad week. It all started when he had lost his duel to Viktor bloody Krum, because that little fact led directly to the death of his best friend Harry Potter. The bloody coward had killed Harry after he had won the finals. To top it all, Harry's body had gone up quite literally in flames. There was nothing left but a pile of dust.

And then there were the Potters themselves. After he brought the very distraught family home, Ginny literally collapsed and had to be brought to bed immediately. Teddy and James got into a verbal sparring match that ended in Teddy giving James a bloody nose. And Ron was sure that James got it into his head somehow that he had to take care of the whole family by himself. Ron tried to get James to admit he needed help, but was not sure the message got across. When Ron and Hermione tried to check in on the family the next day, they found the wards blocking them.

Ron and Hermione had a minor argument about this over breakfast that day.

"We should break those wards down by force. They shouldn't just lock us out," Hermione had said.

"No, the wards are too strong for that. The wards are the strongest ever, even Bill would have trouble breaking them down. Besides, the Potters will call for help if they need it," Ron countered.

"Honestly Ron? When have Ginny, James, Albus or Lily ever asked for help when they need it? You know Ginny is too stubborn to ask for help, and Harry was just like that too. And their kids inherited that stubbornness in spades," Hermione had countered.

Ron could not disagree with that, so dropped the subject altogether.

"So we can't go see Al, James or Lily?" Rose asked in a small voice.

"It seems that Ginny or James adjusted the wards. Unless they want us to, we can't go see them, no," Ron said sadly.

Then there was the memorial service for Harry. Ron was sure Harry would have hated it. The Potters were not even present, the people who spoke for him didn't even know him. They spoke of the great things he had done, not about who he had been. Ron tried contacting the Potters about conducting a private ceremony, but his attempts were rebuked by the wards.

If Ron had thought his week would improve once he got back to the Auror office, he was sorely mistaken. It began well, Teddy and Ron had been selected to investigate the murder of Harry Potter. Ron thought it was futile, since everyone saw Viktor Krum murdering Harry.

It started going down hill when the field and witness reports from the Russian Auror office came in. The reports stated quite clearly that the Killing Curse came from the stands, from the English portion of the stands, to be exact. Ron pondered this before he remembered that they had been sitting in the stands reserved for family, directly across from the stands for the English.

It did not make Krum innocent. It was clear that Krum had done something to set the body on fire. But it made the murderer someone from England, and that was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Teddy pointed out that Harry had many enemies in Britain due to all the Death Eaters he put in prison. Their families would all like a part of Harry.

The week got definitely worse when Teddy and Ron were called in to Robards's office. He was the interim Head Auror, he had taken over from Harry now that he was gone.

"I'm pulling the two of you off the Potter case," Robards had said as soon as Ron and Teddy sat down across the desk from him.

"Why?" Ron had blurted out, standing up furiously. Teddy followed quickly behind.

"Not by my choice, Weasley! The Russian Ministry claims that it is their case, since the murder happened on their ground. And according to the law they are correct. My hands are tied in this," Robards said, glaring at both Aurors.

"Harry Potter was a British citizen!" Teddy shouted angrily.

"And murdered on our ground," a gruff voice said from behind Ron and Teddy.

"Ah, you arrived, Mr. Popov," Robards said warily.

Ron and Teddy spun around and saw an old man standing there. He had a balding head, with white messy hair behind the ears. He wore a small grey headband around his head, above a thin face with a small white goatee. His grey eyes behind round glasses were glaring at Ron and Teddy, as though he were trying to look through them. He was walking slightly stooped.

"Hedeon Jov Popov, the Russian Auror who is investigating the Potter case," Robards introduced the new man.

"Aurors Lupin and Weasley, who are handling the case on this end," Robards said, making clear that he was not happy with the Russian Auror.

"Thank you. Ve from ze Russian Ministry feel that Veasley and Lupin should be removed from ze case," Popov said in a tone that brooked no argument.

"And why is that?" Teddy asked heatedly.

"Zey are too emotionally involved in the case. In Russia ve don't have people close to ze subject take ze case," Popov said matter of factly. Ron started to like the man less and less.

"Then you have clearly not met Harry Potter," Ron spoke up heatedly.

"I have not, no. But I don't need to, to bring zis case to a successful end," Popov declared, rather pompously Ron thought.

"If you knew him, then you would know that Harry was emotionally involved with all his cases!" Teddy spoke up.

"And besides, on whose authority are you deciding to throw us off the case?" Ron asked scathingly.

"Ze auzority given to me by ze Russian Ministry to handle zis case to my discretion," Popov said while brandishing a form.

"Signed by our Minister, and yours," Popov continued, putting the form on the table.

"The document is false! Kingsley would never sign this," Ron said heatedly.

"I'm afraid I have signed it," a deep calming voice spoke up from outside. A second later Kingsley entered the crowded office.

"Why?" Ron asked dumbfounded.

"The reasons are between me and the Russian Ministry," Kingsley said vaguely.

"So, politics?" Teddy asked incredulously.

"If it were just politics, I would not have signed it. But there is more at stake here then just petty politics. What the true reason is, I cannot disclose," Kingsley said, looking between Popov, Ron and Teddy.

"With all due respect, Kingsley, as Head of this Department I think..." Robards started saying.

"Yes, you would be right in that, Gawain, but I truly cannot tell you the true reasons," Kingsley said sadly.

And that was the end of it. Popov did not see fit to keep Ron nor Teddy in the loop about the case, and the both of them were relegated to standard smuggling cases that popped up now and then.

To put more salt in the wound, it was soon declared that Popov would become the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts. Popov claimed he was too old to go out in the field, and that he could solve the case more easily from the Hogwarts grounds, where he had access to an extensive library, and was at the 'first place Potter called home'. Popov claimed he could 'get into ze spirit of Potter' there. Teddy took this especially hard since he was lined up to take the post if Harry had failed to fill it this year. Auror Williamson had retired last year.

However Ron's world was completely shattered when on Friday when an agitated Teddy came into his office.

"Uncle Ron?" Teddy said nervously. In the Auror office it was rare that Teddy called Ron by his first name, that was the first sign that something was wrong.

"Yes, Teddy?" Ron asked warily.

"There was a kidnapping in Diagon Alley just a hour ago," Teddy said carefully.

"Who?" Ron asked, instantly alert.

"It is Rose, Ron," Teddy said sadly.

Ron stared at Teddy, not comprehending what he was saying.

"They have already put extra security around your family, we asked around Diagon Alley, but no-one saw anything," Teddy continued.

Finally Ron comprehended some of what Teddy was saying, he knew the protocol for when a family member went missing. Protection would have been put around the Potters, if the Potters had not cut themselves of from the world.

"I'm going home, make sure you find her, Teddy!" Ron said, and with that he left the office to go home. Hermione needed him more now then the Auror office did.

Reviews 18
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear