Search:

SIYE Time:17:16 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Enough for Both
By Manwe Valarian

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: General
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 356
Summary: Harry heard a goblin speaking and he came out of temporary stupor. He was surrounded by witches and wizards all staring at him. The most shocking thing was he had his arms around someone. Who was she and how did they get here?
Hitcount: Story Total: 214737; Chapter Total: 6855
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
The Weasley's time with Harry and Ginny is coming to an end. Everyone is getting along, but and Owl causes some concern within the family.
I would like to thank my Beta, Leif, for the quick turn around on this and all the chapters.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry sat by the French doors of his bedroom skimming through a book written by Damocles Belby. The Potion master had penned several books, but this one and the last one Harry looked at revealed nothing as far as hints or clues to why he couldn’t make the Wolfsbane Potion. He had a good idea that they wouldn’t reveal anything. These books were strictly instructions for Potions that Belby had invented. Each set of instructions were laid out the exact same way with a list of ingredients and the step by step procedure with indications of what the Potions should look like at each stage. Harry contemplated making some of these to see if he would fail making these like he had the Wolfsbane.

“Hey, what time is it?” groaned Ginny.

He looked up from the book and stared at his beautiful wife. His breath caught in his throat. She was lying in their bed surrounded by the thick duvet and pillows. Her tousled red hair stood out in sharp contrast to the light beige of the bed clothes. Her face was a pink flush from just waking up. This was when he thought she was the most beautiful. She always looked beautiful when she dressed up, but not nearly as enticing as she did in these private moments.

“Harry, I asked…,”

Ginny started to talk then she stopped and stared at him. A knowing smile stretched across her face and her blush became more pronounced. She pulled back the duvet revealing her short night shirt that covered to mid-thigh. Lifting her arms above her head and stretching, the hem of the night shirt slid further up her thighs.

Harry was fixated with the way the nightshirt slid across her curves. Ginny slid out of bed. She walked directly to him, bent over, and gave in a rather passionate good morning kiss.

“I think you are rather fetching in the morning too,” she whispered in his ear.

Harry watched as she walked to the loo. It irritated him that she could read his thoughts so easily and he couldn’t read hers. Sometimes it felt like he never had a private moment to himself. However, there were rarely any thoughts that he wouldn’t share with Ginny anyway, so it wasn’t that bad of situation.

“Six-thirty,” he shouted to her. “But, you probably already knew that when I thought of it.”

“No, I just looked at the clock on the wall,” she shouted back at him from the loo.

If there was one thing he enjoyed about all their estates was they all had large master bedrooms. He and Ginny had their own private apartment with bedroom, a sitting area, and a bathroom. They were at the new British Potter Manor house today, and their master bedroom suite was as large as the Dursley’s bottom floor of their house.

He looked out at the steel grey skies as they leaked a fine mist over the grounds. It was just another wet and chilly day in jolly old England. He never thought of the Dursleys, except on days like this. The gloomy skies and bone chilling precipitation always brought back bad memories. His relatives were among the worst.

He stood up and stared out the French doors at the grounds surrounding the mansion. They were on a spit of land that jutted nearly a mile out into the North Sea. To Muggles, it would appear as a rocky ridge, but it was actually a rather well protected piece of property before using magic. It was surrounded on three sides by a cold angry ocean. He had never been here when the waves weren’t sending ocean mist twenty feet in the air. The only way to reach the estate’s main house was across the land almost a mile in distance. Even though wizards normally don’t use Muggle methods, this land would almost be impossible to conquer by that means.

He marveled at the way his great —great — great — grandfather had designed this estate. It was a fortress without appearing to be one. Their land stretched inland for a half a mile beyond where the small peninsula connected with the coastline. A hedgerow was constructed there on rocks and mud covered barrier planted with black locust trees. The trees had nasty two inch thorns on them. Between the earthen barrier and the trees, the barrier was nearly fifty feet high, and completely blocked the view of the Manor house.

His family over the centuries had set up a series of estates that could support an army of thousands of wizards and witches, and a network that could be used to supply that army. This estate was designed as gathering place for the troops. He had two other smaller estates in England. One was located in a magical forest that had a large source of wand quality trees; it was known as Bowtruckle estates. The second estate was the house in Godric's Hollow.

The two estates in France were equipped to handle healing the soldiers. The largest estate in the French Alps had an actual infirmary that was twice as large as Hogwarts. The smaller one was located in northern France where it was a large farm that grew grains for food, livestock, and magical herbs and mushrooms. It was located near the dense forests on the border with Germany.

The Spanish estate had the largest potion lab anyone had ever seen. Sirius had commented that Harry’s Mum would have loved the estate. It was located on a cliff overlooking the Straits of Gibraltar and she could brew Potions while staring out at the Mediterranean.

Turkey and Egypt were places that could be used for training and research. Morocco was located near a trading center where they could purchase anything they needed and couldn’t grow. He also had a dedicated army of House Elves to maintain all the estates, and goblin overseers to sell off anything that was grown on the estates, whether it was wood and magical objects for wands or herbs and plants for reagents.

Italy was another location in the mountains. They weren’t sure why his family had purchased it, until they found natural deposits of various minerals used for Potion making. It had large bunkers or caves located deep in the mountain for storage and also for hiding from raids.

The farm in Greece was where all types of food stuffs were grown that could supply an army. It along with the other estates also created income by selling excess products to the Muggle and magical community.

All these things were noticed by the Weasleys during their visits to the estates. Their reactions were of awe at the way his estates had been designed by his family. They were all purchased and designed for a purpose not just luxury, to help an army survive a long protracted war. Sirius and Remus' reactions were much different.

He had been watching his father’s friends over the past several weeks. They had become increasingly agitated as they moved from estate to estate. Harry talked to Bill about it, but he was unsure the reason why. As they moved to the large English estate, Sirius’s mood had made it almost unbearable to be around him.

“What is wrong?” he finally pleaded with his godfather the second night they were here. Sirius had started drinking Firewhiskey in large amounts and hadn’t tried teaching Ginny and he any lessons for the past two days.

“You don’t bloody want to know,” yelled Sirius as he took another drink of Firewhiskey.

“Yes, I do,” he pleaded with his godfather.

Sirius sat the glass down and stared at him. There were tears forming in his eyes. “If your Grandfather had told your father about this network, your parents would still be alive.”

Harry had never thought about that before. He remembered his grandfather’s memory in the Pensieve saying he could protect Harry in ways Dumbledore couldn’t understand.

“Maybe my Grandfather never had the chance to tell my Dad.”

“Why wouldn’t he? Remus and I never saw any of these estates. We just knew about the house in Godric's Hollow. IF your GRANDFATHER WOULD HAVE LET JAMES KNOW ABOUT THESE PLACES BEFORE, I WOULDN’T HAVE LOST HIM. YOU WOULD STILL HAVE YOUR PARENTS!” Sirius screamed at Harry.

“Sirius, it isn’t Harry’s fault,” said Remus, trying to calm his friend down. ”Besides, if James had known about this network of estates, Peter would have also known about them.”

Sirius looked at his friend for several minutes, before shaking his head. Harry could see a wide range of emotions move across his godfather's face. It varied from anger, to remorse, to pain, and finally he hung his head and cried. Remus moved beside him and put an arm around his shoulders as he sobbed.

“I know we lost a true friend, but we now have the resources to avenge his death. We now know this was all for Harry and it is up to us to ensure he succeeds at his quest,” Remus whispered to his sobbing friend.


Warm hands ran up his shirt and caressed his chest, catching Harry by surprise. She had approached him as he thought about everything that had been set up for him by his ancestors.

“Why are you thinking about such things as the war right now?” Ginny whispered in his ear.

“I want a plan for every possible situation, before we start this war on the Death Eaters. We can’t rely on the Ministry. Most of them could be under Voldemort’s control right now. This war is up to us to win.”

Harry felt Ginny stiffen at his last comment. He turned to face her. Her hands slid around and slowly stroked his back. She had an intense look on her face.

“I am sorry if I frightened you.”

“No, you didn’t, Harry,” she replied smiling. “I was waiting for you to apologize. You always do. Even if we hadn’t bonded, I would still resist the Death Eaters any way I could. I’m happy to be with you to help you complete this mission.”

She leaned up to kiss him, but pulled away when he started to snigger.

“What is so funny,” she growled at him.

“You are actually happy to be included in being the prime target of the darkest wizard of possibly all time,” laughed Harry. “Damn, you are barmy, Ginny.”

Ginny playfully punched his shoulder. “I am happy because you also treat me like an equal partner in this quest you are on, Harry. I don’t ever want to be protected and kept from harm, because I am a girl.”

He bent down and kissed her gently on the head. Mixed with the flowery scent of her hair, Harry could smell breakfast cooking as the aroma of bacon and sausages floated up through the Manor House. His stomach reacted to the smells, but he heard another stomach growl angrily.

“I am hungry. Let’s go and get something to eat,” he whispered into her hair.

“Oh you are so much like a Weasley,” complained Ginny. She pulled back and looked him in the eye. “Food has priority over everything else, including a romantic moment.”

He smiled at her. “I heard your stomach growling too.”

Ginny placed a hand on her stomach, as though it would calm down its growling for food. “Traitor,” she said.

He smiled at her, but said nothing. He took her hand as they left their bedroom suite and walked down to the dining room. They were surprised when they saw most of the family sitting around the table practically salivating waiting for breakfast.

“Why is everyone up?” asked Harry.

“Not everyone is up,” responded Percy. “Ron is still having a lie in.”

“Oh give the bloke about fifteen minutes and he will be down here eating everything in sight,” laughed Charlie. “Don’t just stand there, sit down and get in line.”

Harry started to sit down, when he realized just what Charlie said. “What line?”

“To get your food for breakfast; I was first, Bill was second and Percy was third and the twins were fourth and fifth, and you my friend will be sixth and Ginny seventh.”

“I am not seventh. Harry is seventh. He is a gentleman and let me go first,” she argued with her brother Charlie.

“No problem with me, I am still second,” said Charlie.

“What’s going on?” asked Sirius, as he and Remus entered the dining room.

No one answered him, because Molly and Arthur entered the room levitating platters of food. They placed the platters on the table and the entire Weasley family jumped up and started loading their plates. Harry sat there and stared at them.

Charlie looked up and smiled at him. “You missed your turn, Harry.”

“Sorry, I thought there was supposed to be at least a second or two between turns.”

Everyone laughed at him.

“He is funny. No wonder you kept him,” Charlie said at Ginny.

Ginny chuckled at Charlie’s comment. “Yeah, he’s a keeper.”

Harry shook his head at the Weasleys’ chatter as he loaded his plate with food. Sirius clapped him on his back as he walked past to find a seat. What had surprised Harry over the past week was how wonderful it was being a part of a large family. He had spent every day with Ginny’s family, and he enjoyed it. He almost didn’t want it to end. Charlie was going back to Romania in two days. Mr. Weasley will need to go back to the Ministry tomorrow. They were planning on going back to the Burrow this afternoon. He and Ginny would be back to traveling from estate to estate studying and preparing to fulfill the prophecy.

“Dad, Mum, after breakfast Ginny and I would like to talk to you.”

“What about dear?” asked Mrs. Weasley.

Harry looked at Ginny then at Sirius, Remus, and Bill. They didn’t want to talk about this in front of all the children, because of Mrs. Weasley’s protective nature. They were going to discuss making Portkeys for the entire family to wear, in case they would be attacked by Voldemort’s followers.

Ron came thundering down the stairs and ran into the dining room. He didn’t say hello to anyone as he sat down and started piling food on his plate. He was scooping food from the serving platters with one hand and putting it in his mouth with the other hand. Harry was amazed he could do that without spilling anything or choking.

“Ronald Bilius Weasley, show some manners,” shouted Mrs. Weasley. “There is plenty of food and we are not leaving for home for another two hours.”

“I’m hungry,” said Ron with his mouth half full.

Mrs. Weasley glared at her son, until he slowed down the frantic pace he was eating. She then turned her attention back to Harry.

“You wanted to talk to us about something?” she said brightly. She looked at Harry, then at Ginny.

Arthur was looking at her with a puzzled expression, until he realized what she was thinking. “I don’t think they would know so soon, dear. It has only been a week,” he said.

Molly looked slightly put out at something. “Oh, I guess you are right, Arthur,” she replied sadly.

Harry was trying to figure out what they were talking about until he looked at Ginny; she was somewhere between being embarrassed and mortified. He raised an eyebrow at her, and she replied with a pat on her stomach.

“What? No! Ginny isn’t pregnant,” Harry said suddenly. Then he looked back at her. “You aren’t pregnant, are you?”

Ginny glared at him. “No!”

He realized that everyone at the table was staring at him. Ginny’s parents were mildly embarrassed. Bill, Charlie, Sirius, and Remus were trying not to laugh, but the rest of the Weasley men looked rather peaky. Ron even stopped eating and stared at Ginny and him.

“What I wanted to talk to you about are the Portkeys,” he said to change the subject. “We need to get them made before you return home.”

“What do you need to know from us?” asked Mr. Weasley.

“What location you want the Portkey to take you?”

“France, the estate in the Alps,” stated Mrs. Weasley. “It has that wonderful infirmary. If we need to leave England in a rush, I may need to patch up my family.”

“She also wants to go into that village and ask about those ladies that were chatting up Bill,” said Charlie.

“When you find a steady job, you should also be looking to find a wife to start a family,” replied Mrs. Weasley. “Do you have an estate in Romania, Harry?”

The laughter at Molly’s comment was cut short by the bell ringing indicating that someone or something was in the transportation vault.

“I’ll get it,” said Remus.

Harry watched as Remus left the room. The table was once again alive with chatter as everyone was talking about the past week. He sat there and sipped on his morning tea, listening and enjoying that everyone seemed to have a good time visiting his estates.

“Could I interrupt everyone’s conversations?” asked Sirius as he stood up. “I would appreciate it…,”

“If you didn’t tell people about the estates you saw,” the Weasley children, not including Bill and Ginny, said in unison to Sirius. “Tell your friends that you went to see your brother and sister in Africa. If you tell anyone about all the places you have been, please be sure they are trustworthy.”

While they were talking, Sirius had an annoyed look on his face. He held his retort until they finished. “You are a cheeky lot. You know that,” he said with a smile. “Your silence is important.”

“If we were to tell people about what we have seen this past week, they will think we are as barmy as Looney Lovegood,” said Ron.

Ginny flung a sausage at him hitting him in the face.

“What was that for,” he cried out.

“Don’t call her Looney,” she shouted. “She is my friend.”

“She believes in Crumple-horned Snorkacks and Nargles. Does that sound sane to you?”

“I don’t care,” spat Ginny. “She is still my friend.” She flung another sausage at Ron.

“Quit it you two!” ordered Mrs. Weasley.

“You must be barkin’ mad to bond with that lunatic, Harry,” Ron said, gesturing towards Ginny.

“I have learned to pick my battles better.”

Mr. Weasley let out a loud laugh, but quickly stopped laughing when his wife shot him a glare. The entire table erupted with laughter at their actions.

“Arthur,” said Remus from the doorway of the dining room. “This letter is for you.”

Mr. Weasley took the scroll from Remus. He unrolled it and Harry could see his brow form into deep rows of wrinkles as he read it.

“What is it Arthur?” asked Molly.

“Alastor says I need to see him before anyone returns to the Burrow.”

Everyone started to talk at once. Mr. Weasley just raised his left hand until everyone quieted down.

“I will go to Headquarters and sort this out,” he said, standing up.

"I am going too,” stated his wife in a voice that told everyone she would not take “no” as an answer.

“Why don’t we all go, and leave for home from there,” Percy asked.

The senior Weasleys stopped and looked at each other as they tried to decide what to do. Molly turned to face them all. “We will go soon, but I don’t want you lot causing problems. Is that understood?”

“Oh perfectly clear, Mum,” Fred and George said in unison.

“I have an idea, Dad,” said Ginny. “You and Harry go first. You can start talking to Alastor and Harry can bring the rest of us at the same time.”

The Weasleys stared at her stunned for a second, before Arthur spoke up. “That sounds interesting, is Harry going to Apparate there and back several times?”

“I think Ginny wants to see me use my powers,” Harry said softly. He was scared about using magic on his relatives. If he would Splinch them, they may never find the body parts. “Whenever you are ready, I will go with you.”

“All right Harry. Molly, are we done packing?” asked Arthur.

“Close enough, unless you have dumped clothes out of the trunk already packed.”

“No, dear, I didn’t, so we should be able to go in a few. Weasleys finish breakfast, soon,” he said while looking at Ron. “So you don’t delay Harry and Ginny. I imagine they will need to set a time like before with the Headmaster.”

“I was going to see if Ginny can contact me through our bond,” Harry replied.

“You two can do that?” asked Arthur excitedly.

“Mostly close distances,” said Ginny. “What happens if I can’t contact you?”

“Send a Patronus,” replied Harry nonchalantly.

“If none of you need my help, I am going to Headquarters,” said Arthur, standing up from the table rubbing his hands together with excitement. “Let’s go, Harry. I must say helping you and Ginny develop your magic sure is exciting.”
Reviews 356
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear