Search:

SIYE Time:18:58 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Enough for Both
By Manwe Valarian

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: General
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 356
Summary: Harry heard a goblin speaking and he came out of temporary stupor. He was surrounded by witches and wizards all staring at him. The most shocking thing was he had his arms around someone. Who was she and how did they get here?
Hitcount: Story Total: 214744; Chapter Total: 6724
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
The Weasley's safety is threatened again. It is time for Harry and the newly formed Order of Phoenix to start working together.
I would like to thank Leif for the great Beta work.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry stared at the dirty pealing wallpaper and large piles of dust collected around the baseboards of Grimmauld’s dining room. It was not used as a dining room now, which is a good thing. Moody and Shacklebolt had converted it to map and tracking room just a week ago.

It was now becoming the communication center for the Order of Phoenix. The large dark wood table had a map of Britain standing on it with objects moving about tracing movements of known Death Eaters. There were several owls perched in the far corner on stands, their droppings littering the floor beneath them. It didn’t appear to Harry that anyone had tried to clean this filthy building in the past week.

His hand was inching towards his wand. He wanted to start casting Banishing charms on the dust and dirt before Scourgifying the entire house. It would probably be better to just burn the filthy and smelly place down to the ground and start over again.

“Well, Potter, what do you think?” asked Alastor Moody breaking him out of his thoughts of arson.

“About what?”

The old scarred Auror huffed and thumped his cane on the floor. “About the Weasleys returning to their home. That Death Eater, Judson, has been to it every night since they left with you. It is too dangerous for them to go back there.”

“Dad, what do you think?” he asked Arthur. He enjoyed seeing the older gentleman smiling at him with pride.

“Well, son, Molly wants to return to her home. I would like to have Bill look over the Charms Warding the place. If he thinks it is safe, then I will take my family back home.”

“You’d be a fool Arthur,” growled Alastor. “You should move your family in here. There is plenty of room.”

Harry almost laughed at the look on Arthur Weasley’s face. He looked like he might get sick at the thoughts of living in a house this dirty and unkempt. The Burrow might be odd looking and held together with magic, but it was always clean and comfortable.

“When Bill comes, we will go out and check the wards,” said Harry. “If he doesn’t think it safe, you can stay at the place we just came from, Dad.”

“Well, that sounds reasonable,” sighed Arthur. “Alastor, no offence but I wouldn’t want to stay here even if I was paid.”

“Heh, you may need to move in. Albus wants to get a group of Order members in here and clean this place up so it can be a proper headquarters.”

Arthur looked like he was going to get sick. “You want me to move my family in here?”

“Yeah, we need a large group of energetic workers,” Moody said plainly.

Harry was offended at the idea that people were looking at his family as just a large group of able bodied workers. “Are there no others to do the cleaning, or did you just save this job for the Weasleys,” said Harry with some force.

Moody looked embarrassed at his comment. “I didn’t mean it like that. Almost everyone we have signed up is busy tracking people either on the board or in real life. Don’t forget we are not that large of a group.”

“Alastor, my family will help clean up this place, but you will have to deal with Molly if we do.”

The grizzled Auror looked at Arthur with fear in his real eye. Harry almost laughed aloud at his reaction. “I could ask some of the Elves to help,” said Harry.

“This place has an Elf, and it is useless,” said Moody. “All it does is sneak around and swear at us. We need to think about the problem at hand. When will Bill be able to check the wards?”

Arthur looked at Harry.

“I haven’t been contacted yet,” he told them. “It shouldn’t be much longer.”

“What are you getting at,” asked Moody.

“Harry is going to try a little unusual magic,” said Arthur with pride. “Using his bond with Ginny, he is going to bring the rest of the family here.”

“This house has anti-Apparition and Portkey Charms. They won’t be able to make it through the wards.”

“We were able to go through the Hogwarts protections,” said Harry.

“Were you now,” said Moody staring at Harry. “Let me know when you plan on doing that.”

“I will. I need to find a room large enough for them to appear.”

Harry walked away intent on checking on the sitting room by the front door. He thought it was large enough for the entire family to appear in. He stared into a room that might have been a study, but he couldn’t tell by the dark furnishings and accumulated dirt. He had never seen such a dirty house before. When he was living at the Dursley’s, his Aunt kept the place spotless. Then moving into his new estates that were maintained by Elves, he had never lived in a dirty home. Sirius said that the House Elf was useless. Harry was wondering if it was even alive.

He entered the sitting room and stared at the dust covered furniture. He had to do something about all the dirt. He waved his left hand from right to left in front of him. The dust and loose dirt disappeared from that part of the room. He repeated the motion with his other hand going left to right Banishing the dust and dirt from the rest of the room. He then placed his hands together in front of him and moved them outward forcing the furniture to the walls. He looked and thought there would be enough room to bring the Weasley family.

He found a large wing backed chair to sit and wait for Ginny to contact him. He heard a low bullfrog voice talking softly from the hallway.

“Filthy half-blood moving my mistress’s furniture; she would not be pleased that the blood-traitor son keeps bringing this filth in here.”

Harry stared at the old House Elf with drooping hairy ears and dirty sagging skin.

“Hello, you must be Kreacher.”

“Oh, that Half-blood speaks to Kreacher. Kreacher will ignore him and walk away.”

Harry sat there shocked at the actions of this old House Elf. It acted like it wasn’t competent to be taking care of a house, which could explain a lot.

An image appeared in his mind. He saw Ginny standing holding hands with the rest of the family. They were all holding their luggage. Harry ran up the stairs to get Moody. As he ran past the Portrait, the noise of his footfalls awakened Walburga Black. Ignoring her shouting he made eye contact with Moody.

“I am going to bring them here in the sitting room.”

He turned and started down the stairs. As he passed the portrait, he pulled his wand and cast a Silencing Charm on it. He made it to the bottom of the stairs as another image of Ginny appeared to him. This time she had a look of concern on her face. He stopped and tried to let her know that he felt her presence. Her image smiled in his mind.

He stepped into the sitting room. He wasn’t going to wait for Moody. He could hear him clumping down the stairs. Harry concentrated on Ginny; her smile, her hair, the feel of her in his arms. It made him want to hold her. He could feel the magic connect across the hundreds of miles, and then she and her entire family was there.

He could hear everyone talking around them, but he only had eyes for his wife. He stepped towards her as she moved to him. She melted into his arms. She fit so well into his arms, almost like they were made for each other. Kissing her hair, she lifted her face to look at him. Leaning down he captured her lips. He was in heaven.

“That isn’t a very good way of transportation if you are in a battle,” shouted Moody.

Ginny and he started laughing at the same time. Harry responded to Moody. “We don’t have to snog, but considering the situation what can it hurt.”

“It can ruin a person’s appetite,” complained Ron.

Ginny pulled away from Harry and intertwined her fingers with his. “I doubt it could ever ruin yours, Ron.”

Everyone laughed at her comment including Ron. Moody though cleared his throat.

“We have a situation that needs to be addressed.”

“What is that Alastor?” asked Molly.

Moody seemed to grimace before looking at Harry. It seemed that it was up to Harry to tell what had been happening at the Burrow. Harry didn’t really want to say anything. He had just come into her good graces. If he told her that a Death Eater that came to attack him a week earlier was prowling around her home. He might swing back to the bad side of Molly.

“Alastor and the Order noticed a Death Eater patrolling around the Burrow for the past week,” said Albus Dumbledore.

Harry looked shocked at him. He didn’t realize he was in the house.

“Do you know which one,” asked Molly, anxiety showing on her face.

“Mr. Judson,” replied Albus.

“Harry wants to go out there with Bill to check the wards,” said Moody.

“I’ll be going too and also Remus,” said Sirius.

“Me too,” said Ginny.

Albus Dumbledore smiled at the comments, but Molly looked like her face was going to catch on fire.

“Mum, don’t start. We know what we are doing,” stated Ginny.

“I am going along to see if you really do know what you are doing,” barked Moody.

“Don’t worry, Alastor, I am following Auror procedures,” said Sirius with a wolfish grin.

“I was wondering if you remembered your training?” asked Moody.

“Alright, let’s get going,” ordered Sirius. “We can’t Disapparate from this house as a group and the stoop is too small. Moody and I will go first and Apparate to the main gate at Hogwarts. Bill and Remus will be second and Ginny and Harry last.”

He stopped talking and walked out the front door with Moody and Disapprated. Bill and Remus were right behind them. He and Ginny were ready to go, but Molly started to protest. Albus Dumbledore spoke to her. They didn’t wait to hear what he was saying. One second they were stepping out into the rain of London and the next second they were getting rained on in front of Hogwarts.

“Why did you bring us this way, Sirius?” questioned Moody “We can’t Apparate as a group to the Burrow that is all the way down in Suffolk.”

“Yes, we can,” replied Sirius undeterred by the questions. “We need to link arms. Bill you lead us and Harry and Ginny need to be in the middle. When we appear we need to take a four point defensive stance with Harry and Ginny in center. Wands, at the ready and go.”

Bill turned and the entire group was squeezed through rubber tube of Apparition. They landed in the orchard behind the Burrow. Bill took a stance facing the house. Remus was ninety degrees to his left. Sirius moved to ninety degrees to his right. Moody was opposite of Bill. They were all bent over so Ginny and he could see over them and scan the entire area. The rain was the same here as it was everywhere else they had been today unseasonable cold and steady.

Harry couldn’t feel any type of spells being cast. “All clear,” he told the others.

“I can’t feel anyone’s presence,” stated Ginny.

Everyone relaxed except for Moody. He stood with his arm extended waiting for an attack. “You need to keep your wands at the ready. You don’t know what is out there.”

“If Ginny and Harry give us an all-clear, it is good for me,” said Remus.

“You still need to keep your wands ready,” said Bill. “I am going to test the Wards. If this Judson is the best there is, than he could have placed some booby traps in the matrix of the Wards. Harry be ready to cast a shield in case the Wards explode.”

“Exploding Wards?” asked a puzzled Moody.

“Yes, I need to concentrate,” demanded Bill.

Harry stood there on the sodden ground with the rain soaking him to the bone focusing on what Bill was doing. He was moving his wand in a series of intricate motions. Occasionally, a wisp of energy would fly from his wand and hit the wards partially illuminating it. Each wisp was a different color and when it would hit the wards it would change to another color. Bill seemed to know what he was doing, because he mumbled something each time the wards reacted.

“Get ready,” Bill said softly.

Harry gripped his wand tighter preparing for whatever may happen. He would not allow any of his friends to get hurt. Bill swung his wand in a short arc and a bolt of purple magic shot from it and collided with the wards. The spell hit and spread out across the surface in a spider web formation. After it had spread out over the entire surface of the wards and disappeared, Bill seemed to relax and lower his wand.

“Well the wards were not set up as a trap,” he said with a sigh.

“I never heard of such a thing,” exclaimed Moody.

Bill laughed at the old Auror. “What do you think the Egyptians did all those years ago? All their protections were wards that were designed to activate some type of spell if disturbed.”

Bill stood there and stared at the Burrow. He rubbed his chin.

“What is it, Bill?” asked Ginny.

“I want to see what he might have tried to solve the wards. He could have even solved them and just waiting for the right time to drop them. If you five want to return to Headquarters, I’ll stay here.”

“No, we are not leaving you here,” snapped Ginny. No one objected to staying with Bill.

“All right, it will take some time though, and Harry and Ginny could you move back away from me a bit. I am going to need to balance my magic perfectly to track his spells.”

“Track his spells?” asked Remus.

“One of the first things you learn at Gringotts is to cast a Spell Detection Charm. It will track any spells cast over the past year. Sometimes even a longer time period, it saves on useless duplication. Since it has only been a week, I should be able to detect his spells pretty easily.”

“I appreciate this lesson in breaking Wards and Curses, but I am getting soaked out here,” complained Sirius.

“All right, excuse me Professor,” replied Bill.

Sirius growled at his comment. Bill ignored him and started waving his wand in what appeared to be a repeating motion as he walked along the face of the wards protecting the Burrow. Harry was fascinated watching him doing this. Occasionally, a series of runes would appear on the surface of the wards. They would sit there shimmering like a golden fire while Bill stared at them. He would wave his wand and the flaming runes would disappear.

They continued walking about thirty feet away from Bill, to not interfere with his spell casting. Thirty minutes of this turned into an hour, and then two full hours until they had completely circumvented the ward surrounding the Burrow.

“Well, he cast enough Diagnostic Charms to be able to see what the Ward construct is, however, he hasn’t tried to break the code. I want to make a few tweaks to the Ward in case he has figured it out.”

“Why not just change it completely?” questioned Moody.

“I am setting a trap. If they try to drop the Ward, I will know and another Ward will form about twenty feet closer to the house,” explained Bill.

Moody laughed at Bill’s explanation. It looked rather demented with his scared and misshapen mouth.

“That’s bloody brilliant.”

“I would like to have a barrier so no one could possibly see what I am doing.”

“What type of a barrier?” asked Remus.

“Something that will keep people from seeing me rearranging the construct,” he explained.

“Inflamare?” Sirius said looking at Remus.

“That should work, you cast one that direction, and I will take care of this side,” said Remus.

The two wizards stepped away from everyone and started moving their arms in a large circle in front of them. Soon fire was forming like a large disc in front of them. The fiery discs blocked the view of Bill manipulating the Ward’s configuration. They also helped warm up Harry and dry his clothes out. Harry started to wonder about Remus and Sirius. Certainly, they must be hot.

“All right I am done,” announced Bill. “You can stop that.”

Sirius and Remus cancelled the spell. Steam was rolling off their clothes. Ginny was the first to laugh when they turned around, he quickly joined her, and then Bill and Moody started to laugh at the sight of Remus and Sirius. They had burnt the hair off the front of their face. Neither had eyebrows and their hair next to their forehead was burnt back.

Sirius was the funniest. He had burnt off just the front section of his beard and moustache. The hair on his cheeks was still there but looked strange with the rest of his face. They looked at everyone laughing at them, so they decided to turn to look at each other. Soon all six of them were nearly rolling on the wet ground laughing.

“Let’s head back to headquarters,” said Sirius between chuckles. “Harry and Ginny you first, we will quickly follow, so no snogging when you get there.”

Ginny looked indignant at Sirius. “If I want to snog my husband, I will.”

She grabbed his hand was with a turn they were gone. They landed on the stoop of headquarters. He opened the door for her. What they saw caught them by surprise. Everyone was running around and cleaning Grimmauld place. Bill and Moody appeared behind them.

“What the bloody hell is going on here?” barked Moody.

“Alastor, do not use language like that in front of my children,” yelled Molly Weasley. “I cannot believe you would stay in a house this dirty. You didn’t even clean up after your own Owls. If you expect me to bring my children here to help clean this place there will be some changes in how you keep this place. You will treat this place with some respect and clean up after yourself.”

While Molly was chastising Moody, Sirius and Remus arrived. They stood there trying to contain their laughter at Molly yelling at Moody and the portrait of Sirius’ mother yelling at them all.

She looked past Moody and Bill and frowned at the two of them. “What in the world did you two do to yourselves, you look ridiculous. Honestly, I think the children are more responsible that the adults around here.”

“You can go home now Mum,” said Bill.

“Not until I at least make a couple of these rooms suitable to be lived in by humans. You would think a troll had lived here. I think the ghoul in our attic isn’t this messy. Don’t just stand there Bill, come along there is work for you and the rest of you. Lets get to it.”

“And people wonder why I never married,” growled Moody as he clumped towards the stairs.

“And will someone please shut that portrait up,” yelled Molly from another room.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Harry sat on the settee in the sitting room of headquarters. Ginny was beside him with her head on his shoulder. They were relaxing waiting for the first Order of Phoenix meeting to start. Bill, Remus, and Sirius were there along with Moody, Professor Dumbledore, and Professor McGonagall.

Professor McGonagall sat across form him and kept giving him wistful looks. Sirius, Remus, and Bill occupied the sofa and had a box placed in front of them on the coffee table. Harry still couldn’t look at Remus and Sirius without laughing about their lack of hair on their faces. Moody was plopped down in a wing backed chair complaining to Albus Dumbledore as he paced in front of the fireplace. There was a small fire to take the chill off the unusually cold summer day.

“I tell you Albus that woman is a slave driver,” said Moody.

“That’s my mother you are talking about,” snapped Ginny. Bill was also giving Moody a hard look. “If you had cleaned something in this place she wouldn’t have been so — well like my mother.”

“I am impressed with what she was able to get done,” stated Professor McGonagall. “We now have a sanitary kitchen, a clean work space, and even a clean bedroom to sleep in. She has a schedule to clean every room in this house over the next several months. I think you should be thanking her.”

“While Molly’s efforts to make this house livable are quite commendable, we have other matters to address,” said Albus Dumbledore. “How secure is the Burrow?”

“Very secure,” stated Bill. “I have made the Ward to recognize people and allow passage through them. If someone takes them down, I will know, and a second Ward will be formed closer to the house. The only security risk to my family would be if they go into town. They would be vulnerable.”

“Good,” replied Albus with a nod of his head. He turned and looked at Harry. “Harry, you wanted this meeting. Minerva and Alastor are two members of the Order that I trust the most. What is it that you wanted to talk about?”

“With the recent events, it is obvious that Voldemort is getting ready to return. We — the five of us — became aware of that two years ago shortly after I bonded with Ginny. While Ginny and I have been learning magic, these three have been doing other research that could be helpful.”

Harry looked at the three on the sofa.

“Right, where to begin,” said Sirius.

“I’ll start,” said Remus.

“After James and Lily were murdered, I thought I was alone in the world. I didn’t want anything to do with the magical world, so I hid in the Muggle world for over two years. I found that, with my shabby clothes, I fit in with the type of Muggles that frequent used book stores. I was able to find a job at these stores, where I started reading Muggle books. I particularly found detective stories very interesting. So much so that I started researching how Muggles solved crimes without using magic.

“Many of the methods would be useless to us, but one type I found fascinating. It is called profiling. Where the Muggles try to predict what the criminal would do by what they have done in the past. Everyone has patterns to how they do things, even Voldemort.”

“That is where I come in,” said Sirius. “I was locked in a part of Azkaban where everyone was sentenced to life. When you don’t think you will ever live to see the outside world, people will tell you things that they wouldn’t normally say. I had several Dearth Eaters in cells around me. They were bragging about how great their Dark Lord was. It appears that he has a set method of recruiting Death Eaters.

“He focuses almost exclusively on Slytherin students. Not just any student, but students that passed with more than six Outstandings on their Owls. The Death Eaters visit them between their fifth and sixth years and try to convince them of their Dark Lord’s noble intentions. If the Slytherin doesn’t seem interested they don’t press it, but they keep a close watch on the family. They contact the family again between their sixth and seventh years. This time if the child and the family are not interested, they apply pressure; usually threats and possibly even a little torture to make them compliant.”

Professor McGonagall sniffed at Sirius casual use of the word torture. Sirius looked at her and continued on.

“Remus and I delved into the records of Hogwarts reports to the board of governors…,”

“How did you get those reports?” asked Professor Dumbledore.

“My family vault,” said Harry. Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall stared at him awkwardly for a few seconds. “My family has a permanent seat on the Board of Governors. We get a report sent to the vault every year.”

“You also get a transcript of every meeting of the Wizengamot?” asked Professor Dumbledore.

“Yes, they do,” said Sirius. “Now that everyone is up to speed where I got my information; we stumbled on an interesting observation. There were no recorded Death Eaters that graduated in 1943 and before. In 44, there were only two known Death Eaters. In 45, almost the entire class was Death Eaters or sympathizers, except the smartest student, Tom Riddle.

“Our suspicions about him were confirmed when we went into the Chamber of Secrets and found him draining the life from Ron Weasley. The diary was Tom Riddle’s diary. Tom Riddle is Lord Voldemort. Many of his followers in Azkaban swear he is the heir or reincarnation of Salazar Slytherin.”

“I find this very interesting, but how does it help us. We can’t go and toss people into Azkaban because they fit your profile,” questioned Moody.

“Profiling isn’t intend to be proof of a criminals activity, but to try to predict when and where a criminal will strike next,” replied Remus. “Here is a list of possible recruited Dearth Eaters from Slytherin.”

Remus handed several sheets of parchment to each person in the room. He waited until the three eldest had a chance to look them over.

“You will notice that beside each name there are several markings,” Remus said. “The DE stands for people who were definite Death Eaters. The “P” stands for people who are possible Death Eaters. “D” stands for dead, “A” stands for Azkaban, “U” means we have no idea where they are. We can keep these handy to help determine what might be the next target and who would be acting on behalf of the dark lord.”

“We could end up chasing our tails while trying to track all these people,” said Moody.

“There are very few people Voldemort trusts. Sirius has a good idea who was in the inner circle from talk at Azkaban,” stated Remus. “They pass information from the inner circle to the other members. We can try to track this trail of information and be able to determine who else are Death Eaters.”

“While I am impressed by your work on this project,” said Albus Dumbledore. “I am not sure we can do what you want. The Order is not that large of an organization. It would take hundreds of people to keep track of all these people.”

“We are presently tracking known Death Eaters,” said Remus. “It may take some time to collect enough information to completely identify all the Death Eaters.”

“You make this sound like you are planning on a long drawn out war,” questioned Moody.

“There are Death Eaters working in the Ministry. We know that. Several of these additional names are Ministry employees. If this escalates to an all-out war, we may be fighting the Ministry,” Remus stressed to them.

Moody was getting even more agitated. Professor McGonagall was giving all of them disapproving stares while occasionally glancing at Albus Dumbledore.

“It may not come to that,” said Ginny.

He squeezed her hand trying to stop her from revealing too much information to Moody and Professor McGonagall. She turned and looked at him. It was easy to tell she knew exactly what he was thinking, because she always knew.

“It’s all right love. I trust them,” she said gently.

“Bill will you please seal the room,” Ginny asked her brother. She waited until he cast a Charm sealing the room off from unwanted listeners. “Our plan is to destroy Voldemort’s Horcruxes before he has a chance to regenerate his body. From all the records we have found on Horcruxes, we cannot be sure if he would be pulled into the afterlife or continue to exist in his present spectral form. At least we think it is still a spectral form.”

“Horcrux, are you suggesting that Voldemort made a Horcrux,” spat Moody; his magical eye swinging wildly from Ginny to all the others in the room.

“We know he made at least one. We think he probably made more,” Ginny said calmly. She squeezed Harry’s hand, before saying anything else. “We were hoping for the Headmaster’s and the Order’s help in locating and destroying any he might have made.”

“I don’t know if involving the Order in such an endeavor would be wise,” stated Albus Dumbledore.

“Albus, you knew about the Horcruxes?” asked a shocked Professor McGonagall.

“Bloody Hell!” shouted Bill. He had his robes pulled back on his left arm. The bracelet that he wore was glowing blue. “Someone is tampering with the Wards at the Burrow. Come on, we need to get going.”

“Hold on, don’t you go there until we can get organized,” demanded Moody.

“We can’t wait for very long. They haven’t broken the wards yet, but they are doing something to set off the alarms.” Bill stood staring at the bracelet glowing blue on his wrist.

Moody limped past Bill and up the stairs as he yelled at the two Order members watching the map. Harry could hear footsteps running around upstairs, as Moody descended the stairs to the sitting room.

“We will be able to leave in two minutes. Here is what we will do…,”

“You and the Order will Apparate second to the lane in front of the Burrow. I will lead this group to the orchard,” stated Bill.

Moody looked like he wanted to argue, but he seemed to think about the plan before speaking. “It sounds good we will have them surrounded. If you go first they may attack, and we can catch them from behind. Wait until Nymphadora and Caradoc make down here before…,”

“It’s Tonks and we are here,” shouted the female Auror.

“Go Bill, I know where to go,” said Albus Dumbledore.

Harry grabbed Ginny’s hand and followed their team out to the stoop. It was a tight fit, but they were able to Apparate without incident. The orchard appeared around them. They not only made a popping sound, but also a splash as they landed on the wet ground.

No one spoke as they searched the area around them for a sign of someone. Harry could feel magic being used on the other side of the house. There was a loud splintering sound and the dome of the Ward protecting the house formed glowing blue spider veins before vaporizing.

“Let’s move they are on the other side,” whispered Bill. He took off running around the circumference of the wards.

Harry both heard the sound of Apparition and felt its magic on the other side of the house. Five people appeared while one had disappeared. He started to wonder if the person who broke the wards had left. The second ward glowed in a faint golden color twenty feet closer to the house.

“Bill, slow down we need to stay together,” whispered Sirius.

“We need to work as a group, Bill,” said Remus.

Harry could feel Ginny and Bill’s anger to anyone who would want to attack their family. Harry shared the sentiment, and was even angrier; this was all because of him. He noticed the other group from the Order was standing with their wands drawn facing the gate leading to the Burrow. He was starting to think that the person who broke the ward had Apparated away when the other group appeared.

Ginny stiffened a little beside him. He was going to ask why, until her could feel the magic building at a spot near the new Ward between his group and the other Order group. It was strange how he could see the glow of the spell before the other people even started to cast it. It was his special power, but he still had to act. He could see the green glow of the Killing Curse forming.

Thrusting his hands out he magically pushed the two order groups to the ground at the same time the attackers were shouting the Killing Curse. Six beams of deadly green magic shout out missing everyone lying on the ground. It was as though time had slowed down as the curses came at him. He moved slightly to his right and turned so he could extend he wand arm as the Killing Curses missed to the left and right.

The other wizards were Disillusioned, but he could now see them in the night. They still had that green glow of the Killing Curse illuminating them. Wordlessly he shot six separate beams out of his wand. Each one hitting its target with such force that their Stunned bodies were slamming against the new Ward.

He stood there watching and waiting for another attack. He wasn’t sure if anyone else was here waiting to attack them. The Order members were slowly getting back to their feet. Harry didn’t need to be an Empath to know that Ginny was seething beside him.

“You are so lucky that you didn’t get killed,” she hissed at him. “If I pass on because some gormless stunt like that, I will make your eternity a living hell.”

Harry almost started laughing at her choice of words. “If we are dead how could you make my afterlife a LIVING hell?”

Bill, Sirius, and Remus snorted beside him. He knew they thought what he said was rather funny.

“While you are standing there casting a Killing Curse with your eyes, could you try to sense if anyone else is around here?”

“No we are clear, you prat,” she growled at him.

He dropped his wand a little and walked towards the six who tried to kill them. Albus Dumbledore, Alastor Moody, and Nymphadora Tonks were standing over the six bodies.

“Nice wand work, Harry,” said Tonks with a smile.

“Do you know them?” he asked the other group.

“Slytherin’s,” the Headmaster said. “They were among the best students of their class. All did exceptionally on their OWLs and NEWTs.”

“Now do you believe me?” said Sirius.

“It doesn’t matter,” barked Moody. “They are all going back to Ministry and then to Azkaban.”

“Did anyone Apparate when you arrived?” he asked the other group.

“Not that I know, why?” responded Albus Dumbledore.

“Someone did,” he responded. He lifted his wand skyward. “Homenum Revelio,” he nearly shouted.

A red light glowed as it shot out in all directions from his wand tip. It looked like a red ripple on a black lake moving through the night air and slightly off the ground. It illuminated the Stunned wizards and the Order members as it moved outward across the Burrow’s grounds. It continued past the property boundaries and up the sides of the hills. It was even visible as it moved through the woods on the hills surrounding the Burrow. It highlighted a person hidden in the woods behind them.

A second later Harry could feel an outburst of magic. The person had Apparated away after being detected.

“I wonder who that was?” said Moody.

“It was probably Judson,” said Bill. “Or someone with experience in breaking Wards. They didn’t use blunt force they tried to tear the Ward’s construct apart.”

“You can tell all of that?” asked Moody. “You will be an asset to the Order.”

“It was Judson,” said Caradoc. “He was here when Alastor called for us.”

“Well get back to Headquarters and see where he went to,” ordered Moody. “We need to report this.”

“I can’t do that without revealing that I am with the Order,” said Tonks.

“Arthur can report it,” said Albus Dumbledore. “Maybe the Weasleys should move into headquarters tonight.”

Harry looked at his father and mother —in-law standing just outside the front door of their house with their wands clutched in their hands. He was starting to wonder what to do. He didn’t want to endanger them anymore, but he also knew they wouldn’t want to be shipped to a foreign country. Without even thinking about it, he laid his arm over Ginny’s shoulders and pulled her to him. They will need to talk to everyone about this. He just wasn’t sure what would be the right thing to do.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Lucius Malfoy was kneeling in the basement of his own home he was spoon feeding a mixture of unicorn blood, snake blood, and several other healing potions to his master. It was a disgusting thing to do, but he didn’t need his master punishing him.

“Any word from Judson?” asked the Dark Lord.

“None, there is no evidence that Potter will be at the Weasley’s hovel.”

“I cannot remain like this forever, Lucius. You must lure Potter out in the open and capture him.”

“I know master, but he has been hidden well by Albus Dumbledore.”

“Yes, Albus Dumbledore, we will need to take care of him also. First we must get Potter, and then we will destroy the Muggle loving fool. Who would dare to stand against us then?”

“Father,” called Draco. “Father, are you down here?”

Lucius could hear his son’s footfalls on the steps leading down to the dungeons. “Excuse me master,” he whispered. Lucius stood up quickly and strode towards the stairwell.

“Draco, did I not tell you to never come down here?” shouted Lucius at his son. “What is the meaning of this?”

“There is a man upstairs, who insists he must see you,” he son nervously said, while cowering back up the stairs. “His name is Judson.”

“Is he alone?” asked Lucius trying to keep any hint of anxiety out of his voice.

“Yes, he is, Father.”

“Very well, I shall meet him in my den. You can lead him there. I shall be up very soon.” Lucius watched as his son retreated up the steps. After the door at the top of the steps had closed, he turned and returned to his Master.

“Master, I must go see Judson. He was going to break into the Weasley’s to lure Potter out of hiding.” Lucius stood with his head bowed before his master. “I will report what he discovered.”

“Very well, Lucius, you may go, but don’t forget to punish him if he fails you. We cannot let weakness infiltrate our ranks.”

“Yes, Master.”

Lucius left the dark and dank dungeons of his manor house and entered his warm den. Judson was sitting in a leather wingback chair by the fire. Lucius noticed he picked the smaller of two chairs to sit in. It was good that Judson knew his station in life.

Pouring a glass of Elf-made wine, Lucius sat down in the larger chair and stared at Judson as he sipped the wine. The taste was strong and sweet. It helped to calm him, before he found what had happened tonight.

“How did everything go?” he calmly asked the lower ranked Death Eater.

“If you plan to take Potter captive, you better have a good plan.”

“Why do you say that?”

“I recruited my younger brother and several of his housemates to attack the Weasley’s home once they returned from their vacation. They were all excellent students and had some additional training from me.

“I was able to break the wards, but Bill Weasley had set up a second ward that activated once the first one was tripped. It had a Detection Charm added in, because Bill, Black, the werewolf, and the Potters appeared about five minutes after I broke the ward. I didn’t have time to break through the second ward, as Albus Dumbledore, the Auror Moody, and a couple of people I didn’t recognize Apparated right by where we were.

“I Apparated out of there to a safe spot to observe what went on. My brother’s group was Disillusioned. Dumbledore, Moody, and the other two didn’t seem to see them. Potter though seemed to almost sense them and was able to take them down like they were practice dummies. I never saw wand work like that except from our Dark Lord and Dumbledore.”

Judson pulled something out of his robes. It was a set of Omniculars. “Here, I recorded what happened. Watch it and see what we are facing. Taking Potter will not be an easy task, if you want him alive. I say we just kill him.”

Judson stood up and straightened his robes out.

“Where are you going?” asked Lucius.

“My brother was captured tonight, because of me. I need to somehow arrange for him to stay out of Azkaban.”

“Very well, do what you need to do, but do not expose us, or you will wish you were in Azkaban,” threatened Lucius.

Judson leered at Lucius for a second before turning on his heels and leaving.

Lucius lifted the Omniculars to his eyes and activated the replay feature. The observation was from a distance, but he could tell that Potter was a very powerful and talented wizard. It seemed as if he sensed when the Killing Curses were going to be cast, because he magically pushed everyone else to the ground and sidestepped two curses. The Stunning Spells erupted from his wand at an incredible rate and found people who were Disillusioned without missing once.

He will need to report this to his Master, and then begin to make plans to capture Potter. This will be most difficult, but the rewards will be great when he succeeds.



Reviews 356
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear