Search:

SIYE Time:19:17 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Enough for Both
By Manwe Valarian

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: General
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 356
Summary: Harry heard a goblin speaking and he came out of temporary stupor. He was surrounded by witches and wizards all staring at him. The most shocking thing was he had his arms around someone. Who was she and how did they get here?
Hitcount: Story Total: 214745; Chapter Total: 5863
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Harry and Ginny rethinks what to do next with everything that has happened.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry filed out of the Headmaster’s office with everyone else. He was too shocked at what the Headmaster had just said to reply. He may have had disagreements with the Dumbledore’s methods in the past, but he never wished him to die. He had accepted his possible fate without protest. His only wish was for Snape to kill him to ensure Snape’s standing with the Dark Lord. He wanted Snape to be in a position to protect the students of Hogwarts.

It was another incident of manipulation by the Headmaster, but it was for the noblest of reasons. He was genuinely concerned about the welfare of the Hogwarts students. Snape never said that he would carry out the order, but he didn’t have much of a choice. Whatever happened with Dumbledore, it would probably be months or, hopefully, years away, and so everything can be discussed and rethought before that time.

They silently walked through the halls of the school. Students who saw them seemed to sense their grave attitude and moved away to the walls of the hallways. It wasn’t curfew and the students weren’t doing anything wrong. It was probably intimidating to see so many teachers and assistants with cold hard expressions on their faces walking in a group.

They stopped at the top of a staircase. Snape would need to go down to the dungeons to his living space, while Harry and the rest would continue along on this floor to their living spaces.

“I will see you tomorrow,” drawled Snape. He seemed to speak to the entire group, but he was looking directly at Ginny.

“Yes, Professor, see you at breakfast,” replied Sirius with none of his usual contempt.

Everyone seemed to notice Sirius’s tone and they all looked at him. Even Snape raised an eyebrow at his former nemesis. Sirius didn’t react to the looks from everyone. He just stared back with a neutral expression. Snape almost smiled at Sirius, before walking away to the dungeons.

Sirius didn’t say anything until Snape was completely out of hearing range. “What, if I were to take the mickey out of him, you would yell at me for being insensitive,” he told them.

“Well mate, in the past you were always insensitive to Severus,” said Remus.

“No I was not,” sputtered Sirius. “I was always just taking the mickey out of him. He just reacted so well that I couldn’t stop myself.”

Everyone laughed at his comment. “I believe you, but I want to get to my quarters,” said Bill. “I have papers to grade.”

They all stepped out together. Harry smiled as Sirius, Remus, and Bill took defensive positions around Ginny and him. No one said what to do, they just did it. They almost didn’t need to look at each other as they all knew exactly what to do. Sirius was on their right hand side, while Remus was on their left. When they came to a corner in the hallway, one or the other would step forward and check what was down the hallway before he or Ginny reached the corner. They had just negotiated the last turn to the hallway where their rooms were located, when Ginny froze in her tracks. She had a look of terror on her face.

“What’s wrong?” he asked her. Ginny looked at him wide-eyed. Everyone else noticed her extreme behavior. She gripped his hand so tight that he thought the bones were going to snap. “Gin, you are scaring me. What is wrong?”

“She knows,” she whispered out. All the blood had drained from her face.

Harry was confused by the response. “Who knows what?”

“My Mum, you prat. She knows because Madam Pomfrey is in there,” she said with venom.

Harry was still looking at her with a puzzled expression. He wasn’t sure what was so wrong with her parents knowing something, and then he realized what she was talking about.

“Is your Mum angry?” he asked her.

She laughed at his question. “Angry, no not really, she is just overly excited about her first…,” Ginny stopped talking slapped a hand over her mouth.

Harry was relieved that Ginny didn’t say that she was pregnant. He wasn’t sure how her brother would react. He couldn’t get that lucky. Bill who was overly inquisitive and intelligent had figured it out.

“Ginny, are you pregnant?”

She bit her lip and looked up at Harry for help.

“Yes, we are,” he said with false confidence. He stared at Bill waiting for him to say something. Ginny was obviously worried about everyone finding out about her pregnancy. He wasn’t sure why, because she had wanted this and even spoke to her parents about it.

“Was this planned?” asked Bill.

“Yes, we need to ensure the Potter line doesn’t end if we fail to destroy Voldemort,” Ginny said. “We even told Mum and Dad about it.”

Bill stared at the both of them. He looked at Sirius and Remus. Harry waited as Bill’s expression changed several times from anger to happiness and then an expression that looked faintly like fear. “We can talk about this situation later and what it will mean for our mission. I am guessing that you should go in there and face Mum. I am going to do the rounds of the castle to ensure everything is secure.”

Remus looked at Sirius before walking away. “If Bill is walking the rounds, I will make sure no one tries to attack him.”

Sirius looked lost for a second before following Remus. “I will keep an eye on his back.”

“I can’t believe you three are Gryffindors,” shouted Ginny, at their retreating forms.

“We also have some Ravenclaw tendencies,” shouted Bill back at her.

“I guess we face Mum on our own,” she sighed.

Harry lifted her hand up to his lips and kissed it. “I am sure it won’t be that bad. I will be there right beside you through everything.”

Ginny rolled her eyes at him. “The only good thing about this is we are living at Hogwarts, so Mum can’t be pestering me every day about my pregnancy.”

Harry laughed at her comment. From being around the Weasley’s he learned that Molly was overly protective, but he could not see her being nearly that extreme. “We will need to leave and stop by the Burrow once a week. She should be happy about that.”

Ginny reached for the door knob of their living area. “You can be so thick at times.”

He was offended at her comment, but didn’t have time to reply. The door opened and it seemed that Molly had been standing on the other side of the door waiting for them.

“Where have you been?” Molly Weasley asked them. She did not wait for an answer. “Ginevra, you need to take care of yourself, considering your condition. Did you know this before you decided to get into a battle? That was very irresponsible of you. One Dark Spell and…,” Molly stopped talking as she whipped a tear from her eye.

“You must be more careful, get plenty of sleep, and eat properly. You must think of your child, too.”

Molly burst into tears and hugged Ginny. Harry stared as Ginny also burst into tears and hugged her mother back. He remembered Ginny saying that her empathy was strongest with him and her mum. It appeared that Ginny felt the same emotions as her mum. Now he understood why she was so hesitant to face her Mum alone without Bill, Sirius, and Remus being here. They would have been a distraction.

Molly pulled away from Ginny and held her face with both of her hands. “I understand that Poppy will be checking on you during your pregnancy. I supposed it won’t be any problem for you to come here for the appointments. You and Harry can have Bill’s room…,”

Harry cut Molly off. “We will be living here until the end of the term,” he said. He tried not to be too forceful, but he wanted to let her know that they were not leaving the castle.

Arthur sat quietly in the corner of the room sipping on a cup of tea. He looked at Harry with a weary look and shook his head, before taking another sip of tea.

“You can’t stay in the school if Ginny is in the condition she is,” said Molly.

“Madam Pomfrey can check to ensure that everything is fine, and we can stop over every weekend. You won’t be left out of this,” said Harry. He figured this should placate her.

“No, Ginny must come home. She is still very young and needs her mother’s help,” stated Molly.

“Madam Pomfrey can notify you if there is any reason to be concerned,” said Harry quickly, he never thought he would be negotiating like this. “We can stop by twice a week.”
“I am here only to ensure you take your potions, which I see you haven’t,” stated Madam Pomfrey. She poured out two helpings of the healing potion. “Here, drink up and get plenty of sleep. I must get back to my other patients.”

Harry took his vial of Potion. He knew Madam Pomfrey didn’t have anyone else in the infirmary. Molly had already grabbed the Potion from Madam Pomfrey for Ginny. She nearly shoved Ginny in a chair by the fireplace saying that she should be off her feet and promptly demanded that she take the Potion. Why didn’t he see the possibility of Ginny’s Mum being smothering. Was it naïve on his part?

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Harry sat in the large overstuffed chair by the fire brushing Ginny’s hair. She was sitting on the floor between his legs with one arm on each of his knees. He gently pulled the brush through her long silky hair. It had been an hour since her Mum and Dad left. He didn’t know if the terrified trio, as he and Ginny had decided to call Bill, Sirius, and Remus, had returned from their sudden inspection of Hogwarts halls. Ginny had barely spoken since her parents left. He wasn’t sure why. Her Mum might have upset her with her fussing and mollycoddling, or maybe it had been the day they had. It didn’t matter what the reason was. He knew that she was upset and doing this seemed to calm her.

“You can stop now if you want,” she told him. “I have calmed down. Thank you!”

She kneeled between his legs and kissed him gently on the lips. She crawled up in the chair with him and curled up. He wrapped his arms around her. He was unsure what to say right now. This day had been so overwhelming. So many things went wrong. They had always planned on defeating Voldemort before he had regained his physical form. Now he had returned, they still hadn’t destroyed any Horcruxes except the diary, and now Ginny was pregnant.

They were going to have a child. He knew if he had defeated Voldemort they would start a family, but he was unsure about before Voldemort was defeated. When she first approached him about the possibility of starting a family, he was a little affronted. He thought that she didn’t think he was good enough to defeat Voldemort.

Now that Voldemort was back in the flesh, he wasn’t too sure he could defeat him, before being killed. They had a plan and were starting to execute it, but Voldemort’s will and his followers had thwarted Harry’s plan.

He had failed to realize the extent of Voldemort’s desire to rule and overcome death. It was a silly thing to do, because if Voldemort didn’t have such a strong desire to defeat death, then he wouldn’t have created the Horcruxes. The only thing they can do now is reassess where they are on the mission and move forward. The Horcruxes must be destroyed whether Voldemort had regained is body or if he was still a bodiless specter.

“You’re right we still need to continue to find and destroy the Horcruxes,” Ginny whispered in his ear. “We will need to be more cautious now that he has returned.”

Harry had been brooding and focused on his thoughts while staring into the fire that he forgot Ginny was sitting on his lap. She shifted and looked at him slightly affronted.

“Sorry, I was so caught up in my failures that I even forgot about you,” he whispered miserably.

“Harry, you didn’t fail and I am not all that offended,” she replied quickly. “Voldemort caught us off guard this time. None of us died; most importantly you and I can still finish this mission.”

“People did die,” he said, shocked that she forgot about the seven people at the graveyard. They might not be any of their friends, but they were still people. “Soon others will also die. Maybe even some of our friends and family. Don’t you care?”

Ginny shoved him and jumped off his lap. The light from the fireplace made her hair look like it was fire, as she stood there and glared at him.

“Don’t you ever say that ‘I don’t care’ Harry James Potter! Don’t you ever think it again! I care some of the people who are going to die will probably be my family. It won’t be because of you, but because they will fight for what is right. They will join the Order to defeat Voldemort. If that happens, it will rip my heart out, but we will still have hope because you and I are alive to finish him.”

Tears leaked out of her eyes and she savagely wiped them away and she turned away from Harry. “If I didn’t care, we wouldn’t even be here. I would do anything in my power to keep you away from this fight. We could have a rather nice life hiding in the Potter estates. We could take family and friends to live with us, but that would make me and us cowards.”

Leaning down and placing her hands on his knees and staring in his eyes she whispered to him. “I am not a coward. You are not a coward. Together we must face this prophecy, Harry. I am willing to do that. I am not afraid to die as long as our child is born first. Until that happens we must do whatever is necessary to find and destroy the Horcruxes. Our mission hasn’t changed, only the conditions surrounding it.”

Harry was mesmerized by her intense gaze. She nearly crackled with defiance and determination, but there was also fear in her eyes. It was the fear that made him realize how much she meant everything she said. She knew the risks, but she was determined to face the dangers and accomplish this seemingly impossible task. Taking her face in his hands he gently kissed her on the lips.

“I am sorry that I am so afraid,” he said to her.

“It’s all right to be afraid. Don’t ever quit on me, Harry, and don’t think that every bad thing is your fault. I could sense your time with your horrid relatives coming out and I don’t like it.”

She plopped down on his lap again and leaned in against him. “I am not saying that I will never feel the same thing that you just felt. When I do, don’t be afraid to shout some sense into me. I think we will need each other more now that he is back than even before.”

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

The next morning Harry and Ginny woke up late and ate breakfast in their room. Neither one wanted to go to the great hall. They could only imagine the rumors running through the Hogwarts grapevine. After breakfast they took a slow walk to the infirmary. Ginny was feeling a little apprehensive about her first actual prenatal exam. She could sense that Harry was a little nervous also, but she couldn’t sense what it was about.

They walked into the infirmary to find Madam Pomfrey sitting in her office reading the Daily Prophet. She looked up at them before folding the paper neatly and placing it on her desk.

“Come into my office,” she called out to them. “I was wondering when you would make it for your follow up to yesterday’s ordeal. Come on now; pip, pip,” she called to them.

Ginny looked at Harry, who shrugged his shoulders. He seemed to be confused by her strange actions. Ginny couldn’t sense any malice from her, but she seemed a bit nervous about something. They walked into the office as directed.

“Please close the door, Harry?” asked the school nurse.

Ginny watched Harry close the door.

“Now cast an Imperturbable Charm on it and don’t make a show of it,” the nurse demanded. She had a stern look on her face, but her voice was filled with compassion. “I am going to drop the shades in this room so no one can see what we are doing.”

In just seconds they were completely closed up securely in Madam Pomfrey’s office. Ginny could sense Harry’s anxiety. He still had his wand in his hand. Madam Pomfrey looked down at the wand tightly gripped in his hand.

“I am who I say I am, but you can keep your wand out, Mr. Potter,” said Madam Pomfrey. “These are dangerous times we are living in. Especially for you two, or should I say three,” she said with a hint of a smile.

“Your exams will be scheduled so that no one can know about them. We don’t want the wrong people learning of your condition Mrs. Potter. If you ever come to an appointment and I ask Mr. Potter to put his wand away. Stun me! You can’t take a chance that someone got to me. Do you understand that?”

“Yeah, I appreciate your honesty. I have a request,” Harry said. The Nurse looked at him waiting for the request. “Don’t use any nonverbal spells during the exam.”

The Nurse looked at him and small smile formed on her lips. “Very shrewd, I will remember that. All right let’s get you examined Mrs. Potter.” With a few waves of her wand and a few Transfiguration spells on her desk, Madam Pomfrey created an exam bed for Ginny to lie down on.

Ginny laid there listening to all the incantations Madam Pomfrey was using to test her. She was able to pick out about half the words of the spells and it gave her an idea what the nurse was checking. Several of the spells seemed to penetrate into her womb and gave a strange sensation. It shocked her at first, and when she turned and looked at Madam Pomfrey, the nurse smiled and reassured her that it was normal. The exam seemed to take forever, but Ginny knew it was her anxiety making seem so long. It was over after only five minutes.

“All right, Mrs. Potter everything seems fine. You are healthy and I see no abnormalities that might cause you problems with the pregnancy. You must make sure to not over exert yourself physically or magically. Your baby is tethered to you in both ways.

“You appear to be just over five weeks. So your due date would be around, June 15th; right around final exams. It is still too early to determine the sex of the baby. Do you want to know?”

“Yes,” said Ginny.

“No,” replied Harry. They looked at each other and chuckled.

“I guess you two don’t think exactly alike with that bond,” chuckled the nurse.

“We are bonded because we complete each other, not because we are identical,” said Harry.

“That is very interesting. You are both different, but you are what the other needs. So you two talk it over and decide if you want to know the sex of the baby. Ginny, if you experience any sharp sudden pains, any long dull pains accompanied by discharge or bleeding, contact me and I will exam you. I mean day or night.

“I would like you to take a prenatal potion, but there is a problem. It is very tricky to make and it is dispensed by St. Mungo’s. I can’t get it here because none of the students should be getting pregnant. I can’t even get the entire procedure to make it, because it is closely guarded secret.”

“Why is that?” asked Harry.

“Abraxas Malfoy created it.” The nurse walked towards her bookshelf as she spoke over her shoulder. “The Malfoy’s had a legal magical contract drawn up that no one can make this with paying them royalties. No one can divulge how the Potion is made without the Malfoy’s approving it.”

“Have they had people arrested for revealing the method of making the Potions?”

“No, Ginny, the contract makes the person who tries to divulge the brewing method to forget about it and everything else from the point the learned the procedures.”

Madam Pomfrey placed a book on the bedside table. “Here is the list of ingredients. As you can see they are all low grade poisons. Somehow you must be able to extract or neutralize the common poisons. I wouldn’t be telling you this if it wasn’t important. The Potion also helps bind your magical essence to that of your unborn child.”

“The last thing I need to tell you is protect one another. You two are the most important people in the magical world right now. I might just be a nurse in a school, but I know you two are at the center of the fight against Voldemort. We are all depending on the two of you to defeat him.”

Ginny stared at Harry. How did she know about the Prophecies?

Madam Pomfrey tutted and shook her head. “It doesn’t take Albus Dumbledore to see how important you are. If you weren’t important why would Voldemort be after you like he is? Trust no one but yourselves. Now off with you. I am sure the Headmaster will want to talk to you today.”

The blinds gathered up at the top of the windows in her office. Harry silently canceled the Imperturbable Charm on the office, before they left the office. There was no one in the infirmary and only a few students in the halls. It seemed almost too quiet, but it was a late morning on a Sunday. Most of the diligent students were studying and rest were either sleeping or playing games with their friends.

The entire way to their living quarters Ginny was reaching out with her Empathy sensing people around her. There weren’t many students or teachers near them as they walked. She could sense Harry also trying to sense if anyone was trying to cast a spell at them. She was starting to get depressed now. Last night Harry had a bout of depression and fear about the fight they are facing. Today it was her turn. If she had been right beside Harry when the fake Percy had run up to him, she would have sensed it.

The realization of their mistakes came to her, and made her hesitate as she walked. It was obvious that they had forgotten why they are bonded. They complete each other. They are stronger together than apart. They should never be separated again in battle. If she had been beside him, Voldemort would not have regained his body.

“Ginny what’s wrong?”

She looked at the concern on his face. She had stopped walking and was staring straight ahead. “I am fine. We will talk about it when we get back to our quarters.”

Reviews 356
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear