Search:

SIYE Time:13:31 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Enough for Both
By Manwe Valarian

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: General
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 356
Summary: Harry heard a goblin speaking and he came out of temporary stupor. He was surrounded by witches and wizards all staring at him. The most shocking thing was he had his arms around someone. Who was she and how did they get here?
Hitcount: Story Total: 214727; Chapter Total: 5876
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Madam Bones learn of things involving another high ranking Ministry employee. Harry and Ginny are called to speak with Horace Slughorn.
I would like to give a big shout out to Leif for his Beta work.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny was leaning on her left side because it was comfortable. Her left arm was starting to ache, but she didn’t dare move. She never thought about morning sickness, when she made the decision to have a baby. Being the youngest in the family, she wasn’t even sure if her Mum experienced morning sickness. She was six weeks along and thought this wasn’t going to happen to her.

Harry gently moved her hair off her face and stared at her with concern with those beautiful green eyes. He started to sit on the bed beside her. The movements made her stomach roll. She closed her eyes and moaned slightly at the sensation of getting sick again.

“Is this making you sick?” he asked barely above a whisper.

She opened her eyes slightly to see Harry perched on the edge of the bed. He had frozen as he was sitting on the bed. He was obviously very uncomfortable stuck in a half crouched position. Ginny could not help herself. She let out a small chuckle, which nearly made her sick again. She quickly covered her mouth. Harry stared at her wide-eyed. He was probably afraid she was going to get sick on him again.
Most people would be angry if their wife got sick on them when they kissed her good morning, but not Harry.

“I promise that I won’t get sick on you again.”

“Thank you, I would really appreciate that,” he said smiling at her. “I am going to get up and send Dumbledore a note that we can’t make this morning’s meeting. Then I am going to make you something to help you feel better.”

“I am feeling better. Maybe we could meet with the Headmaster a little later?”

He stood up quickly making the bed roll like the ocean. Ginny’s stomach made a loud rumble and she covered her mouth again.

“I think we will cancel the meeting this morning,” he said chuckling. “I was wondering if you would experience morning sickness. Dobby!”

The energetic House Elf appeared instantly. “You called Master Harry Potter, sir?”

Ginny started to giggle at the House Elf’s appearance. He was wearing a small flannel shirt and bib overalls. They fit Dobby but looked strange with his large head, hands, and bare feet. Harry glanced at the House Elf and tried to contain his laughter as he wrote a note for Professor Dumbledore.

“Dobby, can you take this to the Headmaster?”

“I will take it straight to him, Master Harry Potter, sir.”

“Dobby you are a free Elf. I am not your Master. You can just call me Harry. I like your clothes. Where did you get those to fit you?”

“I find them at a Muggle mass storage area. They bring these large trucks loaded with all types of Muggle items for storage on the pile. I found these along with other clothing, but Dobby won’t wear dresses.”

Harry leaned down and looked at something on the front of the bib overalls. He smiled at Dobby before handing him the note.

“What does Master….” Dobby stopped talking, and then corrected his wording. “What does Harry Potter want me to do after I deliver the note?”

“You can go back to work with the rest of the Hogwarts Elves.” Dobby looked dejected at his statement. “Dobby can you bring our meals to our room here today?”

“Yes, I can do that. Thank you!” squeaked the House Elf. He disappeared with a pop.

Harry started laughing. “He was wearing dolls clothes. That House Elf never ceases to amaze me.”

Ginny smiled at Harry’s reaction. He would make such a wonderful father. He was already a wonderful husband. She closed her eyes to help calm her nausea and dozed off, because the next thing she realized was Harry standing in front of her. He had a tray with a steaming mug of something and a rose in a bud vase.

“Here drink this; it will help with your stomach.” Harry sat the tray on the bed.

She picked up the mug and sniffed it. The fragrance seemed to chase away her nausea. “What is this?”

“It is just some ginger tea with a few extras.”

Ginny sipped the tea and she started to feel better already. “You are such a good husband.”

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Albus Dumbledore stared across his desk at his old friend, Horace Slughorn. With his friend’s discovery last night, Voldemort’s plans had come clear. He had suspected that Horace might have some knowledge of Tom’s plans at a young age. Tom had admired Horace and wanted to get into the Slug Club. What Albus needed to figure out was what Tom revealed to Horace that he wanted him captured. Certainly, he didn’t tell Horace about making Horcruxes.

“You still have no idea why Tom wanted you brought to him?”

“As I said Albus, I can only guess he wanted me to recruit influential people to his cause.”

“So you have been hiding from him because you didn’t want to recruit for him?”

“You know I don’t agree with what he has become,” said Horace with a sigh.

“He was an exemplary student while he was here. It is hard to imagine what he became after leaving the school. If we only knew earlier that he would become a Dark Lord. We could have watched him and made sure that didn’t happen.”

Horace flinched at his comment about knowing what Tom would become. Albus tried not to smile. If he did, Horace would catch on to this line of questioning.

“Would you be willing to help us, Horace?”

“Albus, I do not want to take sides in this war.”

“I think you have already taken sides. You are hiding from Tom. You know he looks at things differently from you and me. There are those who follow him and those who oppose him. Unless you join him Horace, you will have chosen your side.”

Horace didn’t say anything. He sipped on his tea and picked up a blueberry scone and took a bite. “What do you want from me, Albus?”

“Two things…,” he said. He stopped talking because a House Elf dressed in strange clothes appeared in the office.

“Master Harry Potter asked me, Dobby, to give this to Headmaster Albus Dumbledore.”

The House Elf held up a small scroll to him.

“Thank you, you have done well,” Albus said to the Elf, who quickly disappeared.

He looked at the note. This changed his plans. He had hoped that Harry and Ginny could make Horace feel guilty so he would be more willing to cooperate. Horace was enamored with Lily and had asked her into the Slug Club. When she started dating James, he thought they would become a power couple of the future generation. When Voldemort murdered them, it crushed him.

“It appears Harry and Ginny will not be able to join us this morning. I was hoping you might enjoy meeting him.”

“If I were to join you, how will you protect me?” asked Horace. “From everything I have heard the Ministry is actually ready to make Tom its Minister of Magic. Albus there is no way you can win this war. Where will that leave me?”

“Spoken like a true Slytherin,” he said with a smile. “Don’t be too sure that this war is unwinnable.”

“Do you have the support to fight the Ministry?”

“Two years ago Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley disappeared after forming a soul bond. No one could locate them. We asked for help form the other Ministries around the world. Unbeknownst to me, the Potter family has a network that is so well hidden that no one can find it. Harry is the key to our victory.

“Help us Horace. I need your help in understanding Tom. You were practically his mentor while he was a student. We will also need to have a good stock of Potions for healing and other purposes. I understand that Potter family owns an estate with a large Potion lab somewhere in Spain that overlooks the Mediterranean. Sirius Black and Remus Lupin both agreed that Lily would have loved that place. It is supposed to be top notch.”

“Brewing Potions would be no problem for me, but I am not sure I can help you with Tom. If there is one thing that he was good at was lying and deceiving people.”

“Everyone slips up, Horace, even Lord Voldemort.” Albus finally smiled. His old friend was going to help him. He would need to handle this with the upmost care, but he should be able to extract the information necessary to find the Horcruxes. Horace didn’t realize it at this moment, because he was more interested in the fine blend of teas and the expertly baked scones.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Amelia Bones finished her meeting with the Heads of the Aurors, Hit-wizards, Underage Magic, and Obliviators. It went well, considering her ever increasing fear of Voldemort’s influence in the Ministry.

Scrimgeour, the Head of the Aurors, was someone she may try to recruit into the fringes of the Order. Her main concern with him was his desire to ascend high in the Ministry. It was something that could be looked upon as a positive trait, but who he would befriend to move up in the Ministry? Would he unwillingly compromise the Order to his new political ally? She was sure he wouldn’t openly support Voldemort, but he may be complicit with some of his influential followers.

She wasn’t sure if it was her paranoia causing her to think this way or if she was just being cautious about him. He never liked Lucius Malfoy’s influence with Fudge. He also reached his present post from his exemplary record of capturing Death Eaters.

She sighed and tried to bring her thoughts back to her regular duties. She waved her wand and all her papers neatly sorted themselves into her attaché. Standing up she left her conference room for her actual office.

“Hello Melvin, anything happen while I was in the meeting?” she asked her administrative assistant.

“It has been pretty quiet out here,” he replied. “The only thing has been the constant flow of memos going into your office. I was thinking of taking lunch. Do you need me for anything in the next hour?”

“No, go on enjoy your lunch. I will sort through the memos. Don’t be surprised if it is a busy afternoon,” she said as she stepped into her office.

There flying above her oak desk were about thirty memos. They were flying in a circular pattern just high enough for her to reach them while sitting without them bumping into her head. Most high ranking officials had their assistant read all their memos.

Melvin was assigned to her by Fudge a year ago. She didn’t trust that pompous prat of a Minister. He probably wanted Melvin to spy on her. She decided right then that she would read all the memos and then give him work that she deemed safe for him to handle. It may have complicated her life, but it kept Fudge out of the loop.

In this case she wasn’t being paranoid. Fudge confronted her about her change of memo reading policy one month after Melvin started working for her.

Sitting in her leather chair, she reached up and grabbed a random memo. A quick glance showed that it was something that Melvin could attend to after his lunch. She wrote a note to Melvin on the memo and sent it out to his desk. She grabbed another memo and repeated the same procedure. Memo after memo was grabbed out of the air and sorted either to Melvin or to be handled only by her.

There were only about three memos left when she grabbed a peculiar one. It was from Gregory Bright in maintenance requesting that she send a request to have her windows changed this afternoon. She quickly burnt the memo. Something must have happened in the Ministry to cause him to contact her. It was an advantage of getting him and Reg in the Order. It was not unusual for high ranking officials to call on maintenance workers on a daily basis to change their office. Gregory was the worker for changing the windows and Reg changed the climate of the office.

She scratched out a memo to the maintenance department for a change of her windows, and sent it flying out of her office. She just hoped that whatever caused Gregory to write this note could wait until he was assigned to come here.

The afternoon passed slowly waiting for Gregory Bright to show up. Melvin was busy writing Owls and handling the mundane paper work that being in a position like this created. Amelia kept looking up waiting for something to happen, but it seemed the only thing that happened was her patience becoming frazzled.

She looked down at the document she had been reviewing it was the new proposed procedure for transporting prisoners to Azkaban. It had barely been over two months since the two incidents of prisoners disappearing had occurred. The people that Fudge had appointed to draw up a new procedure must have spent all that time writing it. It was over two hundred pages long. There were sections that were so confusing that she had to read them over three times, before concluding they actually said nothing in 10,000 words.

She turned looked down at page number eighty-four. One hundred and sixteen pages to go, and all she wanted to do is blast the cursed document with her wand. She couldn’t do that. If she didn’t produce reasons not to pass the procedure in the Wizengamot, then Fudge would force it through.

She smiled to herself. If this gets passed in the Wizengamot, she will make the useless bureaucrats who wrote this drivel train everyone. That might cause a two month backlog in transferring prisoners to Azkaban, but she wouldn’t be wasting her time or anyone from her department trying to teach people this tripe.

“Madam Bones, I am going home,” said Melvin from the doorway to the waiting area.

Amelia looked up at the clock on the wall and saw that it was four-thirty. Her entire afternoon had passed waiting for Gregory Bright. “Yes, Melvin, and have a good night.”

Amelia looked back down at the document, and tried to concentrate on it again. Whether she liked it or not, she had to read it. Fudge had tried to put his pureblood supremacy rubbish in the back pages of legislation before.

“Ahem!”

Amelia looked up to see Gregory Bright staring at her. He was leaning against the door jamb to her office, as relaxed as if it was his own house. “Interesting reading?” he asked her.

“Hardly, have you come the change the windows?”

“Yes, I have. What do you want? I can create any type of view in your windows, with barely a thought. I still have trouble with third year stuff, like casting Silencing Charms.”

Amelia caught onto his hint. As Gregory walked towards the first window on his right, she picked up her wand and cast a Silencing Charm on the Room.

“You can speak freely now. No one will hear you,” she announced to him. “While you are here could you give me a view of the Cliffs of Dover?”

“Do you want the perspectives to be as though you are looking at them from the channel?”

“Yes, that would be nice.” Amelia leaned back in her chair and watched Gregory Bright simply waved his wand and created the most beautiful and realistic image on her panel that was designated as a window. Her office was like the rest of the Ministry deep underground. No one’s office had actual windows. They all had panels set in window frames.

“How is that? Do you like the perspective of looking from sea level, or would you prefer to look at it as though you are riding on a broom?”

“Sea level is good. I am afraid of heights.”

“I am glad you like it. What should I do with the other window?”

“It doesn’t matter,” she said curtly.

Gregory sighed. “I always check Madam Bones, because some people are very picky about their windows. I was down in Bartemius Crouch’s office today. He wanted one window to look like a scene from Bulgaria and the other a scene from southern France.

“I had changed the one to his satisfaction, when suddenly his House Elf pops into his office. That poor thing was nearly screaming through her tears. It kept saying ‘I lost him, Master. I lost him, Master. I lost Master.’

“Bartemius went into a terrible temper and forbid the Elf from saying anything more, before storming out of the office. The House Elf shouted to him that she could take him to Master. Bartemius ran back into the office and gave the House Elf clothes before leaving.

“Poor thing sat down and stared to wail. It didn’t know what to do, so I decided to send it to Hogwarts. If Macnair got his hands on it, he would have executed it.”

Bright had changed the second window to a beach scene. It wasn’t in the channel. It looked more like Scotland, and it was vaguely familiar to her, but she just couldn’t place it. Turning her full attention to his story, she was confused why he would think what happened between Bartemius Crouch and his House Elf would be important.

“Why was that incident so important?”

“Gregory Bright looked at her with a penetrating gaze. “Do you know much about Bartemius’ family?”

“Bartemius doesn’t have a family.”

“Bartemius shouldn’t have a family. His Death Eater son supposedly died in Azkaban. His wife died shortly after that and was buried immediately. Quite an interesting coincidence that his wife, who was devastated by her spoiled brat of a son rotting in Azkaban, died shortly after visiting him with Bartemius. To top that coincidence off, the son died at about the same time, even though he was still healthy and young. The Dementors bury the dead in Azkaban. They are blind. To them one dead body looks the same as any other dead body.”

“What are you driving at and how do you know all this about the Crouchs?”

“What I am driving at is Bartemius Crouch Jr. isn’t dead in Azkaban. The House Elf said she lost him then she said she lost Master. A House Elf will only call members of their family Master. The only ‘him’, besides Bartemius Sr., that could also be called Master is his son. It is the only thing that makes sense.”

“Stop,” she demanded. “You can’t seriously believe that Barty Crouch broke his son out of Azkaban; the same Barty Crouch that sent his son to Azkaban for life. That doesn’t make sense.”

“Barty Crouch had to maintain his reputation as a hard-nosed prosecutor. His wife fell ill when it was revealed that her son was a Death Eater. She was dying of grief. He went and retrieved his son and left his wife in his place. It was too much of a coincidence that she died here and was buried without anyone seeing the body and their son died in Azkaban just a day earlier

“After what Bellatrix, the LeStrange brothers, and Barty Junior did to Frank and Alice, it would have been within the rights of the Ministry to have them kissed by a Dementor. It wasn’t for their sterling reputation. They were known strong supporters of — of you-know-who. They were wanted by the Aurors and were all suspected in at least three different murders and tortures. Why were they not given the Dementor’s kiss?”

“Gregory, this is all pure speculation. You have no proof of any of this.” She was concerned over this obvious obsession of his with the Crouches.

He smiled at her and looked at the second widow; the one with the seashore scene that she couldn’t remember where she saw it before.

“Do you remember that?” he said pointing at the picture.

“It seems vaguely familiar, but I can’t tell you why?”

“You were probably focused on something else. That is the view from Frank and Alice Longbottom’s holiday house in Scotland. They loved it up there. They used to go there to get away from it all. It was isolated. They were so isolated that when Bellatrix and company attacked them; no one would have been able to hear them scream. Three days they were tortured. They went there for the weekend and left little Neville with Augusta. They left notification of where they could be found with the Head of Magical Law Enforcement. The location would have been in that outer office, where his son worked. No one could have found them without that information. Of course that never came out in the trial, because there never was a trial.”

He turned and looked at her his eyes were red and puffy. As he had told her about the Longbottoms’ torture, his voice had become thick with emotion. “Alice was my cousin. She was ten years younger than me. She didn’t deserve that. I have been keeping a watch on the Crouches and the Lestrange connections ever since. If you think that I am barmy, well you can think that. I am sure that Bartemius’ son and wife didn’t die at nearly the same time. That House Elf would have never popped into Barty’s office unless it was something major. The only thing that the House Elf could have been talking about was Barty Crouch Jr. The slime is alive and now he is loose.”

Amelia stared at Gregory Bright. He didn’t have the appearance of a liar. She almost believed everything he said. However, it was a fantastic tale that would be hard to prove unless they could capture the son.

“I cannot launch an official investigation on what you just told me. We will pass it onto the Order as soon as possible. I am not even sure what they will think about what you just said. The only thing I can do is keep a personal eye on Barty Crouch and look to see if he is acting strange or taking excessive time off. If everything seems normal there may not be anything we can do. Gregory, please be careful. If you publicly accuse Barty Crouch of any of these accusations he will have you roasted in the Wizengamot. There will be nothing I can do to stop him.”

The maintenance worker stared at her. He looked too full of emotion to speak for several seconds.

“Thank you for listening and not throwing me out on my ear. I realize that most people will think I am barmy, but you at least are considering the possibility. Have a good night, Madam Bones,” he said with a quick nod of his head.

Amelia cancelled the Silencing Charm and sat back in her chair. She stared at the second picture. She now recognized the scene. The view from Longbottom’s cottage porch was amazing. The scene of their torture was the total opposite. The Auror Department went searching for them when they didn’t come to work on Monday. When they checked in the file drawer, the parchment with their location was gone. Fifteen Aurors Apparated to Frank’s family Manor. They found where they had been and Apparated there to find Bellatrix, Rodolphus, Rabastan Lestrange, and Barty Crouch Junior torturing them. They lost two Aurors in the battle and seven more were put into St. Mungos. People had been so outraged that they called for a trial and the Kiss to be delivered.

Amelia broke from her thoughts and waved her wand over her desk. Everything was neatly stacked and with another wave of her wand a Security Charm was cast. She needed to go home and relax. Tomorrow she will start watching Barty Crouch and digging deeper into the coincidences that Gregory spoke about.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

The Atrium of the Ministry was rather empty this morning. Amelia was waiting for Barty Crouch. He was normally here by 7:00 AM. It was now 7:10 AM and he was late. If Barty Crouch was anything, he was punctual. She didn’t know how many times he reprimanded someone in his department for being late when they showed up for a meeting only five minutes early.

She was stuck in a small dilemma. She would look suspicious if she waited here any longer for Barty to arrive. She had been here for nearly twenty minutes. It doesn’t really take that long to stand and clean a monocle or to take in the fountain of Magical Brethren without people becoming suspicious. She had no choice but to go to her office. Maybe later on today, she will stop by Barty’s office and see him. She just needed to find a reasonable excuse to do so, or Barty would become suspicious.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Ginny stared at her reflection in the mirror. Nothing seemed to look right this morning. It was frustrating her to the point where she didn’t want to go with Harry to meet Horace Slughorn. The Headmaster had insisted that they meet him as a couple. She didn’t have any delusions as to why he wanted this. Remus and Sirius told them about Horace Slughorn and his obsession with top students with promise of becoming someone important in the magical world. Harry’s Mum was one of his favorites. Ginny had seen the look in people’s eyes that had known his parents when they saw her and Harry for the first time. Albus must have wanted to try to have Slughorn experience the same Déjà vu.

“I don’t understand how anyone can mistake me for her,” she shouted at her mirror. A suddenly wave of frustration had filled her up and she was near to crying. It took all of her concentration, as she squeezed her eyes closed, to keep the tears from smearing her makeup.

A feeling of warmth filled her up. She knew he was there before he slid his arms around her waist. His feeling of admiration and love quickly chased away her feeling of inadequacy. He placed his head on her shoulder and gently kissed her cheek. He didn’t say anything for a minute.

“You don’t look like my Mum, and I am glad. After all she is my Mum and that would make her an old woman. You are young and beautiful.”

Ginny smiled at his comment. Opening her eyes, she stared in the mirror. He was staring at her reflection.

“Thank you, I am sorry I am such a mess. I always heard my Mum talking about how wonderful it was to be a mother. I never thought about everything that is happening to me.”

“Did you Owl her to tell about what you have been feeling?”

“Yes, she told me that the morning sickness isn’t unusual. She said it is different with every pregnancy. She had it with Bill, Percy, and Ron. She also warned me about mood swings. The mood swings were worse with the children that she also had morning sickness. She wrote that I just need to remember that my body is changing and all these things will go away.”

Ginny looked down and saw that Harry had his hands clasped across her abdomen right over their baby. A sudden wave of emotion came over her. They were a family. She bit her lip to keep from crying.

“No tears Ginny,” said Harry. “We need to meet Slughorn in ten minutes.”

She spun in his arms and stared directly into his eyes. “We are a family, Harry. You, I, and our baby together are a family. Our own family, I love you!” She crushed her lips to his.

Harry returned the kiss but he seemed to be rather subdued compared to the feelings that she was sensing from him. He pulled away from her and stared in her eyes.

“We are now a family, and we will always be a family, Ginny,” he whispered to her. “However, can we continue this later? We need to meet this Slughorn in five minutes.”

As quickly as the last wave of emotions had filled her up, it was gone. She smiled at her understanding husband. “Yeah, let’s go meet Mr. Slughorn.”

They started to leave their living quarters. She almost started to giggle as she was sure she heard Harry speak to himself.

“Don’t forget to continue this later.”

They entered the Headmaster’s office and there sat a large man in expensive robes. He was so large that he looked to be wedged into the chair he was sitting. It was a good thing, or he might have fallen out of it when they entered. He had gone pale and stared at them. His gaze was fixed mostly on her.

It annoyed her that so many people thought she looked exactly like Lily Potter. Her hair was different shade of red, their eyes were strikingly different, and Lily Potter’s face and complexion was different. It always puzzled her; what it was that made people think she looked like Lily Evans.

“Horace Slughorn, I would like to introduce to you Ginny and Harry Potter,” said Albus Dumbledore.

A feeling overwhelmed her from this rotund man. It was guilt. The feeling was so strong and crushing that it had to be more than his mistaking her for Harry’s Mum. He pushed himself up from his chair and extended his hand to Harry first, then to her. She noticed that his feeling of guilt was increased when he shook Harry’s hand, rather than when he shook her hand.

“My goodness, I never expected you would look like this,” he said. “Albus told me that you are soul bonded, but he never told me you were so mature looking.”

“It is the soul bond,” said Harry. “Its formation made us adults by magical law. What no one knew it wasn’t just an adult in word but physically too. It took us by surprise when it happened.”

“How long did it take?” asked Slughorn.

“About eighteen hours,” she said.

“The transformation must have been strange and severe. How old were you?”

Ginny smiled his emotions had completely changed to fascination. “I was ten, and Harry was eleven. We experienced body aches and pains. It wasn’t extraordinarily painful.”

“Fascinating” he nearly gasped. “It has been hundreds of years since anyone had formed a soul bond.”

“Seventeen hundred years to be precise,” said Harry. “None had ever been formed between two people as young as we were. There had been no record of the physical transformation occurring to the extent of ours.

“I know you may have many more questions about our soul bond. I need to know will you help me stop my mother and father’s murderer and his army of dark wizards?”

Ginny could feel Slughorn’s emotions once again take a swing and it was as severe of a swing as she was experiencing with her pregnancy. She almost laughed at the realization that even though she was physically pregnant; he was the one that looked it.

“I don’t think I can help you with this war, Harry,” Slughorn replied weakly.

“Horace, you knew Tom better than anyone when he was at school here. Why would he be looking for you?” said Albus Dumbledore.

Ginny sat back in her chair and listened as Harry and Albus spoke with Slughorn. She couldn’t infiltrate his mind and know what he was thinking, but she could feel his emotions clearly. It became strange that he hated to have Albus or Harry to use the name Voldemort, but his biggest spike of fear was when they talked about Tom as one of his favorite students. It wasn’t remorse that he befriended a monster in making. It was fear of that monster.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Amelia was looking over the legislation that Fudge had drawn up, when the person in charge of Ministry Security came into her office. He had a look of fear on his face.

“Madam Bones, we have an incident,” he whispered.

“What is it?” she nearly shouted to him. She had visions of an attack on the Ministry.

“It is the Department of Mysteries,” he stammered. “Someone broke into the Hall of Prophecies.”

“Do you have them?”

“You need to see this. I don’t know how to handle this,” he said nervously. He kept looking over his shoulder at Melvin.

“Let’s go,” she said the Head of Ministry Security, in a second she was striding past Melvin. “I must go out. I will be back soon,” she told her assistant.

They walked past people without saying anything. Even while standing alone in the lifts, they didn’t speak. The possibilities of what had happened were running through her mind. It didn’t sound like anything good was coming from this. She had never heard of anyone trying to get into the hall of prophecies before. She had a good guess what prophecy they were going in there for. She thought of sending Albus an Owl telling him about this, but that would have been too obvious.

The lifts opened and they continued down a set of stairs to the Department of Mysteries entrance. Several Unspeakables were waiting for her. They held true to their title. No one spoke to her. They led her through the area with the rotating doors to the Hall of Prophecies.

The thought of all these prophecies made her skin crawl. She hated the thought that your life was controlled by what was held inside of these orbs. They took several turns. The size of this place shocked her. She never realized that there had been so many prophecies made. The sound of a man moaning and babbling could be heard in front of them.

She was led to a circle of Unspeakables. They obviously were surrounding the man on the ground. As she approached, a man who looked in control of the situation stepped away from the circle on Unspeakables.

“Madam Bones, I am pleased you came. This is a most awkward situation we have here.”

“What exactly is the situation we have here?” she snapped. Her irritation at being told nothing up to this point got the best of her.

The Unspeakable stepped back and waved his arm at the man on the ground. “He tried to remove a prophecy that was not made about him or by him. The prophecies have a Security Charm on them that anyone who does this will be cursed.”

Amelia never expected the sight before her. There on the ground twitching, mumbling, drooling was Barty Crouch Sr. She looked up at the dust covered orbs. There was one that the dust had been disturbed. Walking over to it, her fears were confirmed. Below the orb names of Harry Potter, Voldemort, and Sybil Trelawney were written.
Reviews 356
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear