Search:

SIYE Time:19:23 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Enough for Both
By Manwe Valarian

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: General
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 356
Summary: Harry heard a goblin speaking and he came out of temporary stupor. He was surrounded by witches and wizards all staring at him. The most shocking thing was he had his arms around someone. Who was she and how did they get here?
Hitcount: Story Total: 215262; Chapter Total: 10910
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
The soul bond starts to change Harry and Ginny. Each family reacts differently to the changes.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry tried to stretch his aching body, but it seemed his bed clothing had wrapped itself around him during the night. It was not surprising since he had a fitful night of sleep. Strange dreams plagued his slumber. He felt that the python he had released from the zoo had found him and tried to choke the life out of him.

“Wake up, boy,” shouted his Aunt from the hallway. “Just because we gave you Dudder’s spare room doesn’t mean you can get away with sleeping until noon. You have put us through quite a lot this past week.”

Harry heard her stomp towards the room as she shouted to him. His cousin Dudley had groaned and shouted for her to be quiet. Harry imagined his cousin would be sleeping most of the day. It must be traumatic to be given a pigs tail. He tried to roll out of the bed and reach for his glasses. His feet hit some of the broken toys that Dudley had thrown in here. His feet then hit the floor in an awkward manner causing him to fall all the way out of bed.

The door to his bedroom flew open. He looked up to see his Aunt storm through.

“You will clean…,” she shouted then suddenly stopped. “WHO ARE YOU! VERNON, WE HAVE AN INTRUDER CALL THE POLICE!” she screamed at the top of her lungs.

“Aunt Petunia…,” Harry tried to explain to her it was only him, but there was something different about his voice. It didn’t sound like an eleven year old’s. It sounded like a man’s voice.

His glasses were in his hand. Even without his clear vision he realized that his hand was different, it was much larger than it should be. Trying to place his glasses on his face, he had to struggle to get them to stay for they were too small. With his clear vision, he could see his hand. It was almost the same size as Uncle Vernon’s in length. He stood up to realize he was no longer a small eleven year old boy. He looked to be a fully mature man.

“Whoever you are,” shouted his uncle from the other side of the door. “We have a gun and the police are on the way.”

Harry had now stretched up to his full height. His pajama’s stretched but didn’t tear. They had been Dudley’s and even now he was much taller but not as round as Dudley.

“You don’t have a gun, Uncle Vernon. Unless you count that dueling pistol that can’t be shot,” shouted Harry. He enjoyed having this deeper voice.

“He must have been through the house,” shouted his uncle.

“He was in my china,” screamed Aunt Petunia. “My Royal Dalton with hand-painted periwinkles.”

Harry laughed hearing his aunt run down the stairs to care for her precious china.

“Uncle Vernon, I am Harry. I don’t know what happened, but you don’t need to worry about me. I just grew up over night.”

“I don’t care if it is you. You freak,” hissed his uncle from the other side of the door. “When the police come I will have you arrested for kidnapping my nephew, Harry Potter. We will be rid of you for good. Go ahead and prove that you are a scrawny eleven year old boy.”

Harry heard his uncle laugh on the other side of the door. He was right. Harry could never prove him to be only eleven. How was he going to explain to someone that he was only eleven and he just happened to grow to twice his size overnight?

“Uncle Vernon, you can’t do that to me,” he pleaded. “I have nowhere to go.”

“You can go to jail. That is where your kind belongs.”

Harry was in a state of panic. He knew his uncle would do that. He was stuck. He had no normal money. Worse than that he couldn’t even get out of his own room; he was now on the second floor. He would have to jump and run for his freedom.

In the distance he could hear sirens wailing. The police were coming closer. He grabbed the only two things he could think of; his wand and his new pet owl. Opening up the window as far as he could he tried to crawl out. He was so large now that he barely fit through it. He finally decided that the safest thing would be to go feet first. He had to hurry because the sirens were only a few streets away.

He hung from the window for a few seconds. He held Hedwig’s cage in his left hand and his wand was clenched in his teeth. His pajamas had slid up his legs and the brick of the house dug into his thighs. He was helpless. He was sure that he would jump and break his legs. The police would take him to jail and he would never be free again.

He just wanted a place to be safe and free from the abuse he had received here. Someplace where they would not call him a freak and unnatural, where someone would actually tell him that they loved him. He had always imagined that his parents told him that, but he could not remember. Maybe he didn’t deserve being loved; after all, all of his life he had been that freaky skinny Potter boy.

Praying for a miracle, he let go of the window sill. When he landed, he discovered he was no longer at Number Four Privet Drive.


[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Molly Weasley wearily walked past her daughter’s bedroom door. She stopped to listen. She didn’t need to open the door to realize that her daughter was having bad dreams. She had been tossing and turning all night. There had been an occasional moan coming from the room, but none were loud enough or frightening enough for her to check on Ginny.

Molly continued down the stairs to the kitchen. Ginny was on her mind. She could not believe what had happened to her daughter yesterday at Diagon Alley. It was called a soul bond. That could not be, because they were just myths, and she had just met that boy.

Soul bonds are only supposed to happen between two people that were deeply in love. When a couple gets bonded like her and Arthur, it was something like a soul bond, or it was supposed to be. There had not been an actual soul bond in 1700 years so Molly had no way of knowing what happened when one soul bonded.

But her daughter could not be soul bonded to Harry Potter. They had just met. They didn’t even speak. He just walked across the street and hugged her. He had also erected that shield that kept everyone from touching them.

A small smile crossed Molly’s lips as she steeped her morning tea. Was that the same shield that saved him from He-who-must-not-be-named? It certainly was powerful enough.

A knock on the back door, brought her out of her thoughts of Harry Potter. Dawn was just breaking and the sun was not completely up. Who could be knocking at this hour? Could it be Professor Dumbledore with the solution to their dilemma?

She walked over to the back door and gasped. “Bill,” she exclaimed as she flung the door open and engulfed her eldest son in a strong motherly hug. “What are you doing here? Why didn’t you write? Is everything alright? You didn’t get fired from that bank did you? I never trusted those goblins. Come in and I’ll get your father up and start some breakfast. Do you still like scones?” She rattled off without breathing or giving Bill a chance to respond or step into the house.

“I am good Mum. I didn’t get fired. I have a new assignment with Gringotts,” stated Bill as he stepped into his old home.

Molly looked at him. There was something off about him, but she will feed him then find out what he’s up to. “Go and sit in your old chair, and I’ll get your father and the rest of the family up.”

Molly closed the door and walked to the stairs. On the way, she noticed her son’s hair was getting rather long. Actually, it really needed to be trimmed. “After breakfast, I’ll trim your hair. It is getting much too long. You need to look professional.”

“I don’t need my hair cut,” he protested.

“Arthur, get up, Bill is back from Egypt,” she shouted up the stairs.

“Bill? Bill is here,” answered her husband groggily.

“Yes, he just made it back a few minutes ago. Give the rest of the family a shake on your way down,” she shouted back.

Turning back to the stove she started to think about everything they had for her to cook. It was a good thing that they had picked up some extras yesterday.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Her mum’s shouting woke Ginny up. There was really no need for her father to tell anyone but Ron to get up. They were all awake. She could hear them moving about in their rooms.

She had a terrible night of sleep. She twisted and turned and couldn’t get comfortable. Her nightshirt was twisted up something fierce around her chest and under her arms.

“Ginny, dear are you awake?” asked her father from the landing outside her door.

“I’m, WHAAAT!” she screamed. She had reached down to adjust her nightshirt and found something that she never had before; more precisely two things that she never had like that before, breasts.

Her father opened the door and stood there opened mouthed staring at her. They stared at each other too shocked to say anything. She had just awakened to discover that she had become a woman and had a chest that was bulging out of her night shirt. He father had also discovered the same thing. Neither of them said anything for a couple of long awkward seconds.

“Who are you,” bellowed her father.

“Dad, I’m Ginny,” she screamed as she pulled her worn quilt up over her. Her legs stuck out the bottom of the quilt. Feeling exposed, she quickly pulled them up also trying to hide them behind the threadbare fabric.

“My daughter is ten years old. What have you done with her,” shouted her dad, as he pulled his wand and pointed at her.

His action scared her and made her cower even further behind the quilt. She could hear her mum shouting and running up the stairs and feet above her thundering down the stairs. In less than a minute, her entire family except for Ron, who was probably still sound asleep, was in her room staring at her.

“Who are you and what have you done with our daughter? Speak, if you know what is good for you,” shouted her mum, while also pointing her wand at her.

“I am Ginny,” she weakly replied.

“No you are not,” screamed her mum as sparks flew from the tip of her wand.

“Yes, she is Mum,” said Bill. He stepped between her and their enraged family. “She has soul bonded. She is an adult now.”

“But — but she is only considered to be an adult,” stuttered their mum.

“There is much we wizards do not know about soul bonds but the goblins have kept records of them. Why don’t we go down to the kitchen, while Mum gets some clothes for Gin-Gin to wear?”

Her entire family stood their mute to Bill’s request, but they all slowly turned and walked out of her room. They all looked back at her several times as if she might change back to her ten year old self.

Her mum stood there and looked upset by all of this. She kept mumbling something to herself that Ginny couldn’t hear.

“All right up with you, let’s see if there is anything that will fit you.”

Ginny slowly stood up and let the quilt drop. From where she was standing, she could see herself in her mirror. Her night shirt was way too tight and pulled up exposing herself both top and bottom. As she looked at herself in the mirror, she didn’t recognize the reflection. She still had red hair and freckles, but she looked, dare she boast, beautiful.

“Put some clothes on, you look like a scarlet woman,” shouted her mirror to her.

Ginny could not help but laugh. This seemed to make her mother even angrier.

“There is nothing here that will fit. I will adjust one of my robes for you. Get out of that thing while I am gone,” her mum ordered as she left the room.

Ginny pushed the small night shirt off her, and wrapped up in the quilt again. Her mum returned in a few minutes with an old set of robes that she had from her Hogwarts days. They were a little threadbare and moth eaten, but they would cover her well enough to be seen in public.

“Put these on.”

Ginny complied and after her mum had temporarily adjusted them to fit her. They went down to the kitchen and the rest of the family.

“Has anyone Flooed Professor Dumbledore?” asked her mum when they entered the kitchen. When no one responded she went over to the Floo.

“Mum, stop, listen to what I have to say,” demanded Bill.

Her mum turned on him. “Did you know about this?” she said pointing at Ginny.

Bill stared at Ginny for several seconds.

“I found out last night. Grins Gringott came to Egypt to get me. Mum, everyone, something amazing has happened here. I know it defies all logic, but Ginny has soul bonded to Harry Potter. Even from everything that is known about soul bonds, it happening when they are this young is an amazing feat of magic.

“Ginny, have you ever met him before yesterday?” asked Bill.

“No,” she said. Her voice sounded so strange to her. Her brothers and father staring at her made her feel uncomfortable.

“That makes it even stranger. There must be a connection of love between the two of them for it to work.”

“Ah, is that all,” laughed George. “Ginny has been in love with him and wanting to marry him and have his babies forever. She loves him enough for both.”

“This is not funny, George,” screamed her mum.

“What? I didn’t say anything,” answered Fred.

Ginny giggled at the twins’ antics.

“I will say that he will be surprised when he sees this new and improved Ginny. You aren’t a specky little freckle faced annoyance anymore,” said Fred.

“You are actually beautiful, Ginny, that was why we couldn’t recognize you,” said George.

Ginny started to laugh, but realized she was just insulted. She didn’t have a chance to say anything back, because her mum exploded on them.

“ENOUGH, THIS IS NOT A JOKING MATTER. YOU SISTER’S YOUTH HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM HER. SHE DOESN’T HAVE AN EDUCATION. WHAT WILL SHE DO?”

“I am here to take her to Gringotts. They are preparing things for her and Harry. There are aspects about their bond that will need special training.”

“No!” shouted her mum.

“Mum, the reason we don’t know about soul bonds is because they are ancient magic. Ever since we started using wands, our knowledge and acceptance of ancient magic has waned until we no longer understand it. They need special training.”

Ginny watched as her mum and Bill stared at each other. Her dad put his arm around her mum.

“Molly, I trust Bill. We must do what is best for Ginny.”

“But Arthur she is only ten years old,” her mum cried.

A sudden wave of emotion swept over Ginny. She felt as if she was a horrible person. She could see images of people yelling at her and calling her a freak. They locked her in a small cupboard under a set of stairs. The house wasn’t one she had ever been in before.

Everyone hated her, no one loved her. She felt as if she didn’t deserve to live. As if no one could ever possibly love her. Everyone she knew glared at her with contempt and blamed all their problems on having her living with them. She was desperate because they all wanted to send her to prison for the rest of her life for being her. She just wanted to get away some place where people could love her.

Tears were running down her face as she sobbed from the grief of being rejected by the ones that were supposed to love you. It didn’t matter what happened to her because she didn’t matter. She just needed to get away.

She felt a hand on her shoulder then she was falling. It was more like she was being sucked through a long tube much like side-along Apparation, but this was different. She had never turned. She had no destination in mind, but she was going someplace.

She landed with a thud on a dusty floor. Two other thuds accompanied hers. She looked up and saw Bill still holding onto her shoulder. Just inches from her, she saw a scared man. He was holding an owl cage that held a frazzled snowy owl. He had a wand between his teeth, tear streaked face, and he was wearing the most hideous clothes she had ever seen.

It was his eyes that mesmerized her. They were the most beautiful green eyes she had ever seen. No, she had seen them before, yesterday.

“Harry?” she asked him.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Ginny,” she said. She could feel her face flushing. It might have been from embarrassment, but she couldn’t tell. “We met yesterday. Ginerva Weasley.”

He smiled at her. “You look so different.”

“So do you.” She just stared at him. Yesterday he was cute. Today he was absolutely gorgeous, except his ill-fitting glasses and ugly clothes.

“It’s the soul bond,” said Bill. “Did they tell you would be considered adults?”

Ginny couldn’t remember. She blushed even more after remembering she fainted when she discovered who had his arms around her.

“Yes, sir, they did. A woman said we were legally married and considered adults,” answered Harry. “Who are you?”

Bill chuckled. “I’m your brother-in-law. More importantly I am from Gringotts. I came to take you two to Grins so we can protect you and train you.”

“Professor Dumbledore, told me not to trust the goblins.”

Ginny noticed even though his voice was mature he still spoke like an eleven-year old.

“I am sure he did, but I don’t think he realizes what is going on here. Did he tell you that you would grow into full adults?”

“No,” answered Harry.

“The goblins knew that. There are other reasons why you two need to go to Gringotts. Let me take you there, and then you decide what you want to do. How much do you know about the magical community, Harry? No one knows where you were sent after that night.”

“I didn’t even know I was a wizard until two days ago,” said Harry shyly. “I know nothing about all of this. Is this normal?”

Ginny stared at him. It was almost like she could see his very thoughts. In fact, she realized that she could feel his emotions and see some of his thoughts.

“Where have you been staying? Who has been abusing you?” she yelled. She almost cried herself when she saw him cringe like he was expecting her to slap him. She even saw him in his memories being slapped.

“My Aunt and Uncle’s, but they don’t want me anymore,” he mumbled out.

She laid her hand on his shoulder. The touch made her fingers tingle. “I do want you. You will never need to worry about not being wanted by anyone ever again, Harry.”

She felt so good saying that to him. He smiled at her with genuine joy in his face.

“Thank you.”

They stood like that looking at each other for some unknown amount of time. Ginny even forgot about her brother being there until he spoke again.

“Why did you come here, Harry?”

“I am not sure. I just wanted to go someplace where I can feel safe and — and loved,” he stuttered. He looked at her with an expression of desperation.

Ginny’s heart was aching for this man. A part of her wanted to hug and hold him, and even kiss him, but the ten year old girl was still embarrassed at such thoughts. So she stood there gazing in his eyes with her hand on his shoulder.

“So you came to your home,” said Bill from somewhere to the right of them.

Harry broke their intense gaze at Bill’s statement. “My what?” he asked.

Ginny also looked at her brother. They were in a destroyed room that looked to have once been a nursery. One half of the room was covered in dust but otherwise in good condition with cot, rocking chair, a dresser that had several pictures on it. On the other half of the room, there was a gaping hole in the outside wall and everything on that side of room was charred as if there had been a fiery explosion. Bill was over by the dresser looking at something.

“Your old home, Harry,” said Bill sympathetically. He turned and walked back to them holding a picture in his hand. “I do believe this is a picture of your parents.”

Ginny felt so many emotions wash over her as Harry took the picture form Bill. His emotions were out of control. She was finally able to sort out what he was feeling.

“You never saw a picture of your parents before?” she asked completely shocked. He and his parents were the most famous family in modern magical Britain, and he had no idea what they even looked like.

Harry looked at her with tear filled eyes. “No,” he choked out. “What happened here? How did they die? I had always been told they were drunks and died in a car crash, but Hagrid told me that was a lie.”

“Your parents were not drunks and they didn’t die in a car crash,” growled Bill. “They were fighting against a wizard so evil that no one wants to say his name. He was determined to kill your entire family…,”

“Why?” interrupted Harry.

“No one knows, or I should say I don’t know. He did things like that; target families that didn’t agree with him. He and his followers would kill entire families. He was after yours. He killed your mother and father, but when he tried to kill you. He was destroyed. I am guessing in this room.”

Ginny had chills run through her. This was the room where Harry defeated the most evil wizard ever.

“How did I do that?” Harry asked.

“I don’t know. I was only a little older than you two actually are now. We may find that out later. Right now, I need to get you to Gringotts and some better clothes to wear.”

“I have money at Griggotts, but I left my key at my Aunt’s home,” answered Harry.

“I have some clothes at Gringotts. I have all my belongiings there. I had no idea where this assignment will take me. You are about my size, so you can borrow some until we can buy you some more,” said Bill sizing up Harry.

Bill put his arm out. “Have you ever side along Apparated before?”

“That was a stupid question,” laughed Ginny. “He has no knowledge of magic.”

“What is that?” asked a puzzled Harry.

“I am going to take you and Ginny to my office in Gringotts. We will disappear here and reappear there,”explained Bill.

“Is — is it safe?” asked a scared Harry.

“Yes, if you are qualified as I am,” stated Bill. “Just get a firm grip on my arm and Ginny get a good grip on Harry. I will direct us. Remember to turn slightly to the left with me.”

Harry placed his hand on Bill’s arm. Ginny went to grab Harry’s arm, but still felt embarrassed at touching a man, so she only lightly touched his forearm.

“You are going to have to grab him tighter than that and get much closer,” laughed Bill.

She wrapped her arm around Harry’s and stepped closer to him. His close proximity made her blush as so many feelings and emotions swept over her. Harry looked at her wide eyed at her close proximity. He was also blushing as he stared at her. They stood there staring in each others eyes blushing. Bill’s laughter made her look away fom Harry.

“I was going to tell you that you are acting like a couple of ten year olds, but then you are a couple of ten year olds. Everyone hold on tight.”

With a sudden turn everything became dark and the feeling of being pulled through a tube overwhelmed Ginny.

Reviews 356
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear