Search:

SIYE Time:21:34 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Memories & the Stone
By Ruth Ann

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Romance
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 82
Summary: First in the Memories Series

Harry Potter has never been normal. Ever since he can remember he has had dreams. Most of the time he can not remember them. Sometime when he's ten he starts to.


Hitcount: Story Total: 58026; Chapter Total: 6310





Author's Notes:
This story has been floating around in my mind for what seems like forever. Please read it and let me know what you think.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Memories & the Stone

By Ruth Ann

Memories of the Past & Future

June 1st, 1991

A young boy of only ten years of age rolled around on the tiny camp bed in what was his bedroom, a small cupboard under the stairwell at Number Four Privet Drive. His small body was drowned in clothes at least four sizes too big and his skin a sickly pale. The boy’s black hair was soaked with sweat and dirt from his dreams. At this moment the child’s dreams were good however they weren’t always. In fact until this day he couldn’t remember any of them.

Dream

“Oh isn’t my baby the cutest little baby in the world.” A woman with long flowing red hair said nuzzling Harry. Harry giggled and squirmed in her arms. The woman, his mother set him down on the ground and went into a different room. Harry looked after and started to tear up when the front door opened and in walked a man with black hair which seemed to have a mind of its own, his father.

His father walked over to him and picked him up kissing his little cheeks. “How’s my little Prongslet? He asked.

Harry tried to say he was an absolute angel but it came out as “Ah buzz ah ba lut aye bull”

His father smiled and gave a small laugh before saying, “Hey, Lily you’ll never guess what our son just said to me.”

His mother now identified as Lily walked into the living room and asked, “What did he say James?” Her excitement was written in both her words and expressions.

James smiled and looked down at his son in his arms. “Come on Harry say it again for daddy.”

Harry repeated the line for his parents. His father smiled proudly and his mother clapped her hands in approval. “Lily doesn’t it sound like he’s saying he’s an angel?” James asked with a wide smile. Lily nodded and then frowned. “What?” James asked her when he saw the frown.

“He’s going to be just like you.” Lily said with a small pout.

James smiled at her and said, “Yes but he’ll have your brains.”

Lily shook her head. “It doesn’t matter if he’s the smartest wizard at Hogwarts, there not my brains. You are smarter than me. You got more OWLs and more NEWTs. I just showed it off.”

James wanted to say something to make her feel better but everything she said was true. While James may have been a bit of a show off with other thing when it came to his school work it was the one thing he had always agreed with his father on, never show your strengths, keep people guessing.

James wrapped an arm around Lily and said, “I love you, even more than I can help. Lily you have always completed me. Without you I am nothing. If I ever lost you I would be completely lost.”

Lily smiled and leaned up to kiss him. James leaned down and met her lips in a passionate kiss. Harry squirmed in his father’s arms to get his parent attention. James broke the kiss and looked at his son.

“We’ll both always love you Harry.”

Harry awoke from the dream and tears gathered in his eyes. He could remember it like it was yesterday, his father and his mother telling him they loved and always will. His Aunt and Uncle said no on loved him but he could remember now just how much they loved him.

Now Harry knew for as long as he lived he was loved by someone. Someone had loved him and he would never forget it.

June 23rd, 1991

Harry awoke with a start, a boa constrictor had been set free in the zoo and Harry had a feeling it was his fault. He couldn’t understand why but the glass encaging the large snake had just vanished. He shook his head, vanishing glass it wasn’t possible.

An hour later Harry could be found in the kitchen cooking the bacon for his aunt, uncle, and cousin, it was his Cousin Dudley’s birthday and his uncle had threatened him with no food if he were to ruin Dudley’s special day.

Halfway through breakfast Mrs. Figg, who was to watch over Harry today called and informed Petunia that she couldn’t as she had tripped over one of her cats and had broken her leg.

Petunia and Vernon briefly discussed what to do with Harry for the day. Petunia suggested leaving Harry at the house and in the car. Both were shot down by Vernon, his car was new and he worried Harry might get funny ideas and blow up the house.

Even after Dudley had pretended to cry it was decided that Harry would go to the zoo with them. Harry was warned to be on his best behavior before they left the house once Dudley’s best friend Piers had arrived. The drive to London was both long and boring. Uncle Vernon loudly complained about people on motor bikes and how they were a danger to the rest of the law abiding citizens. Harry held his tongue when he recalled one of the dreams he had had in the last few weeks.

Arriving at the zoo Harry was once again warned about any funny business and where he would end up if something happened. The day went surprisingly well, Harry got to see all of the animals, when Uncle Vernon had bought Dudley and Piers large ice creams he also bought a small lemon ice, and at lunch when Dudley declared his Sunday wasn’t big enough Harry was allowed to finish the first.

The day was perfect until they headed to the reptile house. Dudley quickly found the largest snake, a Brazilian boa constrictor who was more interested in sleeping than entertaining. When Dudley declared he was bored of watching the snake sleep, he and Piers sulked off to find a fun animal. Harry stayed and stared intently at the snake, it was a beautiful creature and yet Harry found himself weary of it. His dream last night popped into his head when the snake looked up at him and began to talk. Harry took a step back and was pushed out of the way by Piers and Dudley who had seen that the snake was now alive.

Before his very eyes the glass of the enclosure vanished and the snake was set free. Harry’s heart began to race as the snake slivered by. When the snake thanked Harry for releasing him Harry nodded his eyes as big as saucers.

Even though Harry somehow knew the vanishing glass was his fault, he never said anything when Uncle Vernon punished him to his cupboard with only one meal a day for the next month.

Every night of confinement Harry had more dreams, each one more like a memory than the last.

Reviews 82
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear