Search:

SIYE Time:4:43 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Memories & the Stone
By Ruth Ann

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Romance
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 82
Summary: First in the Memories Series

Harry Potter has never been normal. Ever since he can remember he has had dreams. Most of the time he can not remember them. Sometime when he's ten he starts to.


Hitcount: Story Total: 57880; Chapter Total: 3136







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Memories & the Stone

By harryginnyfan91

Harry’s First Quidditch Game

November 1991

Since the incident with the troll Hermione had become sort of friends with the boys. Harry still thought she was too bossy for her own good and told her so every chance he got. When November began so did the Quidditch season and Wood had Harry down on the pitch nearly every night since the first.

When Harry headed up to bed every night he was out the moment his head hit the pillow. Ron complained to Neville how they rarely got to spend any time with Harry. Harry suggested they come down to the pitch and watching the practice but Hermione told them that while Harry is at practice they should be getting all their homework done.

On the Saturday of his first Quidditch match Harry found it hard to eat. He stared at his plate in front of him pushing his eggs around with his fork.

“You should eat Harry.” Hermione said from across the table. Harry ignored her and continued to push his food around. Ron and Neville looked at each other and rolled their eyes. They could tell that if Hermione pushed too much Harry would bite her head off in not such a nice way.

Neville grabbed a piece of bacon off a plate and waved it under Harry’s nose. Harry’s lips curled a little and he grabbed the bacon.

“Thanks Neville.” Harry said.

Neville and Ron both laughed while Hermione scowled at them. An hour later Harry was seated in between the twins. Oliver Wood was giving his pregame speech. Harry could tell how much he wanted to win the cup this year and Harry vowed to do his very best to help win him that cup.

Fred, Harry wasn’t sure why he was so sure it was Fred leaned over and whispered. “We know Olivier’s speech by heart.”

Harry smiled at him and looked over at George who leaned over and finished where Fred had left off. “You see young Harry George and I were on the team last year and he hasn’t changed his pregame speech.”

“That’s great George.” Harry said surprising both the twins.

Walking out onto the field Harry felt a sudden flare of confidence. He held strong to his new Nimbus 2000. This is something that he knew he would never have any trouble with, he knew his way around a broom.

The referee for the game turned out to be Madam Hooch. She told them that she wanted a nice clean game all the while looking straight at the Slytherin team. Wood and the other Gryffindor’s nodded their heads. Madam Hooch had the Gryffindor and Slytherin captains shake hands, Marcus Flint nearly crushed Woods hand. Wood just shook it off and they all took to the air.

Up on his broom Harry looked around at everything. He loved the feeling he got from flying. There was nothing better in the world than being in the air. He was up in the air for no more than five minutes when he saw a flash of gold out of the corner of his eye.

Harry took off in the direction of the gold. Everything around him disappeared, nothing but that little gold ball was important. Now sure that it’s the snitch Harry pushes his broom to go faster. The snitch dropped into a dive and Harry followed closely behind.

Harry registered a few screams as he neared the ground but Harry ignored them. He pulled up no more than a foot from the ground and followed close behind the snitch. The snitch flew along the ground for a few minutes before shooting up into the sky.

About an hour into the game Harry lost sight of the snitch and flew higher into the sky to scan the stadium for the golden ball. Harry’s flying through the sky looking for the snitch when he feels his broom drop a bit before returning to its previous position.

Harry shook it off and continued to look around for the snitch. However, he continued his search twenty feet from the ground instead of the eighty he was before he felt his broom act up. It was another few minutes before Harry felt his broom buck and he almost lost his grip and was tossed off.

He caught himself and tightened his grip on the broom holding on for dear life as his brand new broom went out of control and continued to buck like a bronco. After five minutes of being thrown around Harry lost his grip with one hand and was thrown into the air.

Reaching out on instinct Harry grabbed onto the broom before he fell too far. Looking around in a panic Harry saw a flash of gold about ten feet below him. He knew it was crazy but he really wanted to win or die trying. Harry let go of his broom and let out a scream as he fell to the ground. He reached out for the snitch. The snitch few out of his grip and right into his mouth.

Harry shut his mouth and closed his eyes waiting for the impact with the ground. It never came Harry opened his eyes and found himself floating harmlessly towards the ground. When his feet touched the ground Harry coughed and spat out the snitch. He lifted his arm up in the air as the Professors rushed towards him. The twins and wood reached Harry before any of the Professor. George reached out and checked Harry over for any injuries while Fred screamed at him asking if he was crazy.

Wood didn’t say a thing as he stared at the snitch held firmly in Harry’s hand and whispered, “we won,” to himself. Out of all the Professors, McGonagall was the first one to reach them. She pushed Fred and George out of the way and started to check Harry over herself all the while muttering about “crazy Potters’.”

After Madam Pomfrey checked Harry out and tried to convince him to stay overnight in the hospital ward, Harry and his three friends headed down to Hagrid’s hut for a visit. Hermione and Ron were convinced that Snape was trying to kill Harry. Neville argued that if it was Snape why try and not just get it over with. Harry who agreed with Neville said that Snape wasn’t out to kill him.

Hermione huffed before she spoke as calmly as she could when someone didn’t agree with her. “I’m telling you, I saw him he was completely focused on you Harry. He was cursing your broom!”

Harry who had had it with her stopped walking. “Hermione if you know everything than you should know that you also have to be focused to perform a counter curse. So Snape could have been casting a counter curse when he saw that my broom was acting up.” Harry said when his friends looked back at him to see why he stopped.

Harry sighed, he just wanted them to understand even though he wasn’t sure why he was so convinced himself why he thought it wasn’t Snape when you thought about it Hermione and Ron made a good argument. Harry however, was sure that it wasn’t Snape that wanted him dead. For some reason he felt that Snape might actually want him alive if for nothing else than to torment him.

Harry started walking again and his friends followed him. Arriving at Hagrid’s hut, Harry turned to his friends and looked them telling them to drop this and to leave it all at the door. They knocked at the door and Hagrid opened the door and almost pulled them into the small home.

“That was quite the fall you took this afternoon.” Hagrid said to Harry after the kids had all settled and had some tea in their hands.

Harry blushed and little and averted his eyes from everyone. “I just saw the snitch and took my chance and it all worked out.”

“At least yer alright.” Hagrid said after a few moments. “Yer dad would have been mighty proud after that ther’ catch.” Harry couldn’t stop his face from lighting up at the mention of make either of his parents proud. “of course yer mother would have ‘ad head.”

Ron let out a laugh at the thought because if it were him his mother would have had his head as well.

“Can you tell me about them?” Harry asked wanting to know about his parents.

Hagrid told Harry and his friend about his parents. Told him how when they first met James was completely head over heels for Lily. He also told them that while James loved her from first sight Lily thought James was an arrogant toe rag.

At one point Hermione made the comment that if she couldn’t stand him she couldn’t see how they could have ended up married. She also told them that she suspected that James must have been using a love potion to gain Lily’s attention. Every one of the boys turned and glared at Hermione.

Hagrid must not have noticed the boys glares because he continued to tell that how James and Lily’s sixth year. In the middle of their sixth year James was called home from school and he didn’t return until three months later. When he returned James was no longer the happy trouble maker he once was. For the remainder of their sixth year James didn’t prank anyone.

He told them that by the time they had returned for their last year of schooling both of James’ parents had passed away from dragon’s pox. Even with both his parents passing James had returned his happier self. James no longer pranked anyone and everyone instead when he did prank it was large scale and involved all of the houses.

The foursome of friends headed back up to the castle to catch the ending of the party the twins were sure to have thrown.

Reviews 82
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear