Search:

SIYE Time:7:57 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Butterfly Effect
By Brennus

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Rape, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 733
Summary: Minor events can have repercussions far beyond their size and importance. When one of these minor events occurs to a ten year-old Harry Potter he finds his world turned upside-down and it starts him down a very different path than the one he expected to follow.
Hitcount: Story Total: 199226; Chapter Total: 7726
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
The second of three ‘Ginny alone’ chapters. Those of you that have been reading this story from the beginning will recognise the start of this chapter as being a re-write of chapter 4 but from Ginny’s POV. We then get the long promised details of how Arthur got sacked and the repercussions from that. Hang in there, guys; Harry’s back in the chapter after next!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 19 — A Serpent's Embrace Broken



Tuesday, 20 April 1993

Ginny awoke to find herself lying on a cold stone floor. All she could remember was Tom taunting her, telling her what a pathetic, useless little girl she was, and how her weakness had allowed him to triumph. For weeks now, her head had been filled with terrible visions and thoughts. She had seen things which would haunt her for life, she was sure. Ginny knew Tom was going to kill her soon, and she was beginning to welcome it.

Her body ached, and she felt as weak as a new-born kitten. Judging from the black stone she was laying on, she was down in the Chamber. That meant that the basilisk would be around here somewhere, and the thought caused Ginny to shiver in fear. She hated that snake with a passion.

Slowly, she raised her head and looked at what she at first thought was Tom. Gradually, she began to realise that the boy in front of her wasn’t Riddle. He was too young to be Tom, and he had the most beautiful green eyes. With a sigh, Ginny realised she must be dreaming.

“Hello,” the boy said, nearly causing Ginny to jump out of her skin. The boy spoke! Perhaps he was real after all.

“Who are you?” Ginny managed to ask. She could hear the terror in her own voice.

“My name’s Harry,” the boy said.

Ginny had always liked the name Harry. It reminded her of her childhood hero, Harry Potter. At the thought of her fantasy idol Ginny glanced up at the boy’s forehead. For a second, her brain failed to register the lightning bolt shaped scar that was there. Then, as if she had been smashed over the head with a hammer, the truth hit her.

“Sweet Merlin! You’re Harry Potter! I’m not dreaming,” she squealed. He was here, right in front of her!

“Yeah, I am. What’s your name?” he asked.

“Ginny…Ginny Weasley,” she replied automatically. Then she came to her senses. There was danger here. Where were Tom and the basilisk? Desperately, she looked around for them. “Where’s Tom? Oh, we have to get out of here before he comes back! If he…SHIT! The basilisk! It’s dead!”

Harry just started laughing. “It’s okay, Ginny. I killed the basilisk and then destroyed the diary. That seems to have gotten rid of Tom Riddle,”

Ginny stared in disbelief at the diary which was currently impaled on one of the basilisk’s teeth. Was Tom gone? “That destroyed it?” she asked hopefully. “I tried to burn it and throw into water, but nothing worked.”

“Riddle vanished before my eyes leaving only his wand behind,” Harry confirmed.

“MY wand! He took it from me!” she said angrily. She reached over and picked up the wand from the floor before regarded it sadly. “Not that I’m any good with it. I’m useless with spells.”

“You’re only young. You’re bound to get better.” He assured her. “How old are you anyway?”

Ginny felt slightly offended. Potter couldn’t be much older than her. “I’m eleven. Why?” she asked.

“I’ve just never heard an eleven year old swear as well as you, that’s all. My gran would box my ears if she heard me talk like that,” he replied, grinning at her.

Ginny giggled and put her hands over her mouth. She couldn’t believe she had sworn like that in front of Harry Potter! “I’ve got six older brothers. You do tend to pick up a few naughty words with that lot around. I wouldn’t be able to sit down for a week if my mum heard me swearing,” she explained with a laugh.

Harry laughed with her but then his smile faded a bit. “Riddle said that your brothers ignored you, and that was one of the reasons he was able to use the diary against you. Was that true?” he asked.

Ginny felt a huge lead lump form in her stomach. “Yeah. Four of my brothers are here and none of them talk to me. Fred and George are always too busy, Percy thinks he’s too important, and Ron thinks he’s too cool. Only my friend Luna ever talks to me, and she’s in a different House so I don’t see her much. She can be a bit odd, too,” she said sadly.

“I’d talk to you if I went to school here,” he encouraged. “You could teach me lots of new rude words.” That set her off giggling again.

“I can’t believe I’ve been rescued by Harry Potter,” she laughed, “and I know more swear words than him!”

“Hey, I’m a fast learner. I’m sure I‘ll pick them up quickly!”

The two of them sat there for the next ten minutes shouting out whatever rude words they could think of. The ruder the word, the louder they laughed. Ginny felt better than she had in months. Tom was gone at last. She was free of the bloody diary and, best of all, Harry Potter was sitting right there, joking with her. It was not quite how she had dreamed she would meet him, but she was bloody glad she had.

After a while they ran out of rude words, much to her disappointment. In the silence, Ginny suddenly felt a wave of guilt hit her. Here she was, laughing and joking with Harry, while the victims of her attacks lay in hospital beds, frozen forever. What had she done? As soon as she left this chamber she would be thrown out of school, maybe even imprisoned in Azkaban! Tears began to fall down her cheeks and her body started shaking.

“Ginny, it’s okay,” she heard Harry say. “It’s all over now.”

“No, it’s not!” the she wailed. “Everyone is going to hate me! I let that bloody basilisk attack so many people! Poor Colin and Hermione, and Percy’s girlfriend as well! He’ll never forgive me for that! I’ll be expelled from Hogwarts for sure. Oh, I’m so weak and stupid.”

Harry looked at her in surprise. “Err, Ginny, you do know who Tom Riddle was, don’t you?” he asked. Ginny shook her head, unsure what he was talking about. “Well, later in life Tom changed his name to Lord Voldemort and…”

“WHAT!” Ginny shrieked cutting him off mid-sentence. “I had You-Know-Who in my head?” She burst into tears once again.

“Look, Ginny, I can’t see how anyone could blame you for not being able to fight off Voldemort. You’re eleven years old, and he’s one of the most powerful wizards who ever lived! How were you supposed to fight him? And no one was permanently hurt; I heard Dumbledore say that everyone who was Petrified will be revived soon.”

“Really?” she asked hopefully. Ginny felt relief wash over her that everyone was going to be alright.

“Yeah,” Harry said. “For my money, you did brilliantly!”

Ginny's tears stopped and she gave him a small, nervous smile. The thought that Harry believed she had done nothing wrong meant the world to her. He then reached over and took her hand again and gave it a squeeze. Ginny felt her smile become wider, and she was filled with hope. Maybe everything would be okay, after all.

Letting go of her hand for a second, Harry stood and retrieved the diary from the basilisk and then offered her his hand again to help her to her feet. Ginny grasped it happily and was delighted at how warm and comforting it was. As Harry had not immediately released her hand after pulling her up, Ginny decided she was going to keep hold of it as long as she could. Maybe for the rest of her life, if she could manage it. Allowing herself to be led, they soon reached the door to the chamber and were dismayed to find it completely blocked with rubble.

“I don’t think it’s very deep,” Harry said hopefully. “Ginny, why don’t you levitate some of the rocks out of the way? We should be able to dig ourselves out.”

Somewhat doubtfully, Ginny pointed her wand at the rubble and tried to move some of it. Despite putting all of her effort into it, she could barely manage to shift the smallest of the rocks. She howled in frustration and thrust her wand at Harry.

“Here, you try it,” she said in a miserable voice. Harry took the wand and managed to move a large slab of rock immediately, to her immense aggravation.

“See! I’m useless! I can’t do anything right!” Ginny wailed, before bursting into tears.

Harry walked over to her and took her hand again. He seemed to be doing that a lot and she definitely approved. Her tears dried up almost immediately.

“Actually, Ginny, I don’t think you’re the problem,” Harry said.

“What do you mean? You could do the spell but I couldn’t. I’m a useless witch!” she cried. Harry shook his head.

“Do you know why I never came to school here at Hogwarts?” he asked.

Ginny shook her head but couldn’t wait to find out why he hadn’t.

“It’s because my grandparents tell me I’m really powerful. When I learn spells and stuff, I have to do it in a specially prepared room with loads of wards on it. If I get it wrong, I could end up injuring someone, so they thought it would be too dangerous for me to be taught here. But I tell you, Ginny, I’ve never really had any problems with levitation spells, but I found it bloody hard work using your wand. I think it’s knackered.”

“It was my grannie's wand,” she said a little defensively. Her mum had told her this enough times.

“Yeah, maybe, but I still think it’s knackered. You need a new wand, Ginny.”

She looked at him doubtfully. “I’m not sure we can afford it. We’re not very well off,” she said in a small voice. Her parents had barely had enough to send her to Hogwarts in the first place. New wands were expensive.

“I’m sure that your family will get you a new one when they learn how worn out this one is,” he assured her.

Ginny wasn’t too hopeful, but at least she knew why she was struggling with spells. Maybe they would be able to find another wand which worked better for her from somewhere?

Feeling a bit useless, Ginny stood back and watched as Harry started moving the rocks. He looked exhausted, but only allowed himself the briefest of rests before he started working again. He had been at it for about an hour when Ginny heard a noise.

“Hold up, Harry. I think I heard something.” She said, touching him on the arm to get his attention.

Now Harry had stopped moving rocks, they could definitely hear the sound of stones grinding together.

“Someone’s trying to get to us!” Harry cried in delight and continued shifting rubble from his side. After another ten minutes he had managed to create a gap in the pile of rocks. He scrambled up to look through the gap and immediately gasped.

“Harry? Is that you?” she heard a familiar voice coming through the gap.

“Professor Dumbledore? Can you hear me?” Harry called back.

“Yes, Harry, I can hear you. Are you all right?”

“I’m fine and so is Ginny! I managed to kill the basilisk and destroy Tom Riddle's diary,” he replied.

Ginny grinned as she heard the old man gasp in surprise.

“Hold on, Harry. I’m nearly through to you. Another few minutes and you’ll be free,” Dumbledore called.

Harry took this as a sign to stop working. He came over and handed Ginny’s wand back to her.

Relief flowed through her as she realised that they were safe. Seeing Harry’s hand hanging unused, she shyly slipped her own into it. She was delighted when he didn’t complain. The two of them stood hand in hand waiting for the headmaster to break through to them.

It only took Dumbledore a few more minutes to reach them, and Ginny found herself slightly disappointed. The small gap he had created meant she had to let go of Harry’s hand for her to scramble through it. On the other side she found the Headmaster looked dishevelled and bruised.

“What happened to Lockhart?” Harry asked warily.

“Alas, his plan backfired on him, Harry. He was buried under that large pile of rocks over there. I cast a detection spell and unfortunately found that he had not survived,” Dumbledore sounded genuinely upset.

Ginny was shocked. She knew Lockhart was useless, but couldn’t believe he was capable of such a terrible betrayal.

“He tried to do it to us first, Professor,” Harry said with a slight bitterness in his voice.

Ginny instantly stopped feeling sorry for Lockhart. Anyone who tried to hurt Harry deserved everything they got, she decided.

Dumbledore then proceeded to question Harry on what had happened in the chamber. She listened as Harry explained how he had fought the basilisk and destroyed the diary. Although she didn’t fully understand everything he talked about, it was clear he had been incredibly heroic.

“Remarkable. You have been exceptionally brave, Harry. Nick and Perry will be proud of you,” the Headmaster congratulated him.

“He was brilliant!” Ginny exclaimed. She noticed Harry flushed at her praise and she smiled. He was modest as well as brave.

“I quite agree, Miss Weasley. But I think it’s time we made our way out of here. Your parents are here, Ginny, and are most eager to see you.” The Headmaster’s words wiped the smile from her face. She’d been taken in by that stupid diary and caused so much trouble. What would they say?

Feeling apprehensive, she slipped her hand into Harry’s again. She was rapidly discovering that holding his hand made her feel better. After what seemed an extremely long walk, they reached the exit. Ginny remembered a set of steps which led them part of the way out, and the Headmaster levitated them the rest of the way. Wearily, they dragged themselves to the Headmaster’s office and entered.

No sooner had Ginny entered the office than she heard her name being shrieked, and she was swept off her feet by her mother. While pleased to see her mum, she was in serious danger of being crushed. Only after she had begged her mother to loosen her grip was Ginny put down. Her father then immediately pulled her into his own embrace, but at least she could breathe during this.

“Thank you, Albus! Thank you so much for saving my daughter,” she heard her mother cry.

“It wasn’t him!” Ginny corrected, annoyed at her mother’s presumption. “It was Harry!” Her parents glared at her like she had said something wrong, but she returned their look defiantly.

“Young Ginevra is quite correct, Molly. Credit where credit is due. It was indeed Harry here who saved her. Single handed, he defeated a terrible monster and destroyed a dangerous Dark Magic artefact. Your thanks should go to him,” Dumbledore confirmed to Ginny’s delight.

Her mother turned to Harry and a second later her face lit up. “You’re Harry Potter?” she asked.

Harry just nodded and a second later was swept up in her mum’s arms as she hugged him like his life depended on it. Seeing him struggle Ginny giggled. His face had gone red as a beetroot! Her dad then added his thanks leaving Harry looking completely embarrassed. Before Ginny could tease him about it, the office door flew open and a tall, grey-haired woman hurried in and immediately flung arms around Harry. She was followed by a man with grey in his beard. Ginny realised this must be grandparents that he had talked about. She smiled as the woman fussed over her grandson, looking for any sight of injury. Satisfied Harry was unhurt, the woman turned on the Headmaster, scolding him for allowing Harry to be put in danger.

After a brief conversation the woman announced she was taking Harry home, much to Ginny’s disappointment. She had hoped he would be staying a bit longer so they could talk some more. She felt her bottom lip start to tremble slightly as the boy was led out the door. Just before he left, however, he suddenly turned back and looked directly at her.

“Bye, Ginny. I hope we meet each other again,” he called. Ginny broke into a wide smile, her sadness dispelled in a second.

“Me too, Harry. See you, and thanks for everything!” she called. And with one last smile he was gone.

Dumbledore then decided that she needed to be checked over at the hospital wing, and Professor McGonagall led her out.

Walking down the corridor, Ginny realised she felt better than she had in months. Tom Riddle was gone! She no longer heard his voice in her head and knew she didn’t have to follow his commands any more. The basilisk was dead, and there was no chance of it ever being unleashed again. Even better, no-one had died. She had managed to prevent the serpent from killing anyone, and the pupils who had been Petrified would soon be healed.

She couldn’t believe that it had been Harry Potter who had saved her. Best of all, Harry liked her! He had been nicer to her than any boy she had met at Hogwarts and had held her hand. She nearly giggled out loud thinking about their game of trying to think up the rudest word. He had even explained to her that it was her wand that was preventing her from casting spells correctly, not that she couldn’t do them right. Somehow, Ginny knew she would meet Harry again and she made a silent prayer that it would be soon.

Before she knew it, they were at the hospital wing and Madam Pomfrey immediately started checking her over. Declaring her weak but uninjured, the Medi-witch made Ginny change into a hospital gown and climb into bed. A short while later her parents came to visit her accompanied by the Headmaster. She was so busy telling her mother about her experiences that she didn’t notice Professor Dumbledore pointing his wand at her. Ginny immediately fell into a deep sleep.

She didn’t awake until the next morning when she found herself in the hospital wing with no idea how she got there.

Tuesday, 1 June 1993

Arthur Weasley hurried along the busy corridor as fast as he could. It was unusual that he received a personal summons from the Minister of Magic himself, so he was trying to get to the man’s office as fast as possible. Eventually, he made it to the Minister’s outer office and was waved straight in by his secretary. Entering the room, he looked around and instantly knew he was in trouble.

The Minister was sitting behind his massive mahogany desk with a grim expression on his face. More concerning to Arthur was the presence of another man sat in front of the desk, casually sipping a cup of tea. At Arthur’s entry the man put down his cup and offered him a smile which made him grind his teeth.

“Ah, Weasley,” Fudge snapped. “I’m glad you came so promptly. I believe you know Lucius Malfoy?” The Minister gestured to the blond-haired man who was sitting with a smug smile on his face. Arthur hated to think what that smile meant for him.

“Yes, Minister,” Arthur replied with forced politeness. “Lucius and I are well acquainted.”

“Good,” Fudge said, clearly missing the ice in Arthur’s voice. “I’ve called you here due to a most regrettable incident. Now, normally I wouldn’t be too concerned about events that occur to family members of my staff, but when these events may have repercussions that reflect on the Ministry I have to get involved.”

Arthur could easily guess what this was about. Lucius Malfoy was a member of the board of governors at Hogwarts and was obviously going to try and use the recent events involving his daughter for political gain. He glared at Malfoy with undisguised hatred.

“Now, I’m sure you are aware of the events I’m referring to. This terrible business at Hogwarts involving the Chamber of Secrets and the supposed heir of Slytherin,” Fudge droned. Arthur looked at the Minister sharply.

“You can’t possibly be blaming my daughter for that. She was possessed by a dark artefact. How could an eleven year-old girl possibly resist that?” Arthur asked angrily.

“That’s just it, Weasley,” Fudge snarled. “We don’t blame the girl. We blame you.”

“What!” Arthur gasped. “How could this be my fault?”

“Clearly you are incapable of teaching your children right from wrong,” Malfoy said, entering the conversation. “As a parent it is your responsibility to watch over your young. Can you explain to us how a young girl managed to obtain this ‘dark artefact’ you mention?”

“Well, no. I don’t know how…” Arthur started but was cut off.

“Could it have been something you picked up during your Ministry duties? You do encounter a large number of charmed items, do you not?” the Minister questioned.

“I’d never seen that diary before…” he started before being cut off again.

“You’re quite sure, are you?” Fudge eyed him suspiciously. “You’re certain it wasn’t something you picked up and took home to examine? After all, I’m told you take a lot of items home. Items which rightfully belong to the Ministry!”

Arthur stared at the Minister in confusion. Yes, he took things home with him, but only useless Muggle items that no-one would want, other than him. He was starting to sense a set-up.

“To be quite honest, Weasley, we’ve had our eye on you for some time. Aside from you feeling you’ve got the right to appropriate whatever goods that take your fancy, your work has overall been of a very poor quality.”

Arthur blinked at the Minister’s words. His work had never been criticised before.

“I’ve been looking over some of your previous reports and I have to say I’m very disappointed, Weasley,” the Minister continued, shaking his head. “I mean, it’s not exactly a difficult job that you do. I really would have expected you to show a little more competency in your work.”

Malfoy’s smile became more malicious.

“I’m afraid this affair with your daughter is the final straw,” Fudge said. “I have no choice other than to dismiss you forthwith on the grounds of incompetency, theft, and bringing the Ministry’s name into disrepute. Please clear your desk and vacate the building within the hour.”

Arthur stared at him in horror. “You can’t do this! I have a family to support”

“Perhaps you should have thought of that before, Weasley,” Malfoy said smugly.

“This is your doing!” Arthur snapped at Malfoy. “This has nothing to do with my daughter or the standard of my work. You just don’t want my Muggle Protection Act to be made law.”

Malfoy laughed. “I don’t care about your idiotic act one way or the other. I’m confident it would never have been passed as law anyway, but of course, now we’ll never know,” he grinned.

Arthur looked at the man helplessly. He was clearly lying. Arthur bet that he had bribed Fudge to sack him using the events at Hogwarts as justification. A sick feel washed over him. He had tried to push the system and the system had pushed back. He turned and stormed out of the Minister’s office, barely registering the look of contempt on the secretary’s face. As he headed back to his office to collect his meagre belongings, his feelings turned to despair. What on earth was he going to tell Molly?

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Ginny sat in the front room of the Burrow. As it was the summer holidays and a beautiful day, she would normally have been outside, but she just couldn’t face it.

Ever since she had been discharged from the school hospital wing a month ago, she had suffered from terrible nightmares. This wasn’t exactly surprising, bearing in mind what she had been through; but she was worried that things didn’t seem to be getting any better. Her nightmares always ended the same: with her in the Chamber of Secrets and Tom standing over her triumphantly. Occasionally, she saw herself running wildly around the Chamber but, try as she might, she couldn’t find a way out. She had a distinct feeling that if she knew how she had been rescued this might ease her mind a little, but the Headmaster had been frustratingly vague. As it stood, she had bad dreams every night and was exhausted from lack of sleep.

Her family’s reaction to the whole thing had been varied. Her parents had been extremely worried about her, to the point they had nearly wrapped her in cotton wool. Both Bill and Charlie had written supportive letters which had meant a lot to her, and the twins seemed to be trying to cheer her up. Ron had been largely indifferent but had made a few comments about how silly she had been to trust a strange diary that wrote back to her. Not that she could argue with that. Worst of all had been Percy. His girlfriend, Penelope, had been one of the people that had been Petrified; and he was furious about it. He had barely spoken a civil word to her for weeks. She sighed and tried to concentrate on the book she was reading.

Suddenly, the Floo flamed and her father stepped out.

“Arthur? What are you doing home at this time of day?” asked Molly, who had entered the room at the sound of the Floo activating.

For a second Arthur just stood looking at her numbly. Eventually, he spoke in a quiet voice, “Molly, can you get all the kids in here, please. There’s something I have to tell everyone.”

With concern written all over her face, Molly went and called in Ron and the twins who were outside and then fetched Percy who had been studying in his room. The family gathered and sat waiting for the head of the household to speak.

“There’s no easy way for me to say this,” began Arthur, “so I’m just going to come straight out with it. I’ve been sacked.”

There was complete silence for a second before the room erupted in noise. Everyone began shouting questions at once and Molly hurried over to her husband and caught him in a rough embrace. Eventually, the noise subsided sufficiently for Arthur to continue.

“I was called into the Minister’s office this morning and he told me he wasn’t happy with my work! I just don’t believe it. I’ve worked for the Ministry since I left Hogwarts and I’ve never once have a complaint about my work. They’re just making excuses!” Arthur said bitterly.

“But they can’t just sack you!” wailed Molly. “They’ve no right. After all the hard work you’ve put in. Why would they do such a thing?”

Arthur was barely listening to those around him, so caught up in his misery as he was. “This is all down to Fudge! Just trying to cover his own back and make sure nothing ever comes back to him. Bastard!”

“What do you mean, father?” Percy asked. “Why would the Minister have anything against you?” Arthur looked up at his son.

“Oh, he was worried that there might be some negative reaction to this business with Ginny and the diary! Somehow, he thinks that as it was the daughter of a Ministry official, it will reflect badly on him. All this stuff about my work being sub-standard is just rubbish,” he spat.

“But what will become of us?” Molly asked, close to tears. “We barely make ends meet as it is. What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know, Molly,” Arthur said sadly. “As I was sacked, I’ve no hope of getting a reference from the Ministry, at least not one that wouldn’t do more harm than good. I can’t think who would employ me without one. Maybe I can find a job in the Muggle world, but I’ve no experience in anything.”

“What about our education?” Percy asked desperately. “Can we afford to continue at Hogwarts?”

“You’ll be okay, Percy. You’re fully paid up until the end of your seventh year. The twins are paid up to the end of their fifth year and Ron for the next two terms. Ginny has her second year covered but beyond that…there are some grants that Hogwarts can offer to help families in financial difficulty. If I speak to Professor Dumbledore he may be able to help.”

“I’m sure that Bill and Charlie will chip in if we ask,” Molly suggested.

“We’ve got some savings as well, Dad,” George added. “We’ve been selling a few prank items and made a bit of cash. It’s not much, but you’re welcome to it.” Molly gave the twins a rather forced smile.

“I don’t know whether to scold you for making more of those dreadful joke items, or hug you for being so generous.” In the end generosity won, and she pulled them both into a crushing embrace.

“It’s not fair!” a voice shouted. Releasing the twins, Molly looked up to see Percy standing in the centre of the room looking livid.

“It’s not fair!” he repeated. “All the work I’ve put in. It’s all wasted.”

“What do you mean, Percy?” Molly asked carefully.

“What was the one thing I wanted to do with my life? The one job I always said I wanted? To work in the Ministry! I studied morning, noon and night to get those OWL results, and it’s all meaningless. With dad’s name blacklisted, I don’t stand a chance of getting a job at the Ministry now,” he spat. He turned to Ginny. “And it’s all your fault, you stupid little girl!”

‘Percy!” Molly protested, but Percy ignored her. He bore down on a frightened Ginny with murder in his eyes.

“Wasn’t it enough that you nearly killed my girlfriend?” he snarled. “No, it wasn’t, was it? You had to go and destroy my dreams as well. How could you have been so stupid? How many times has father warned us about strange magical objects? But no, that didn’t matter you, did it? Little Ginny wanted a magical diary to be her special friend, so she just ignores what she’s been told!”

Ginny just sat on the couch trembling at her brother’s outburst. Tears began to fall down her cheeks, but Percy wasn’t finished.

“Well, congratulations! Because you were so idiotic in trusting that bloody possessed book, you have driven this family to its knees. Just look at what you’ve done to your father!” Percy pointed to Arthur who was sat slumped at the table. “You destroyed his career and left us without a Knut. Ron and the twins will be lucky if they get to finish their education, so you’ve screwed up their lives as well. Just as well Bill and Charlie graduated before you had a chance to muck them up too! Why don’t you burn the house down as well and finish the job properly!”

Before anyone could say another word, Percy turned on his heels and stormed out the house. Ginny’s whole body began to shake as she sobbed. She lasted a few more seconds before she stood and bolted out the room. Running upstairs, she threw herself on her bed and cried her eyes out. Eventually, she sobbed herself to sleep and awoke hours later to find the room dark.

Part of her was glad she now wouldn’t have to face anyone again until morning. Another part of her noticed no one had come up to comfort her, either.




Reviews 733
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear