Search:

SIYE Time:3:20 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ginny Weasley and the Prisoner of Azkaban
By Benture

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 7
Summary: What did happen to Ginny after the Chamber of Secrets? Was it really just her getting over it by magic? Nope- it involved brothers, friends, griffins, dogs, adventures, and reading. Don't forget the reading,
Hitcount: Story Total: 5355



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
My first fanfiction on SIYE! Review, comment, critique, and make sure you get the subtle, or not-so-subtle, hints towards why Percy doesn't trust Harry and runs to the Ministry in Book 5.




ChapterPrinter


Ginny Weasley woke up screaming, sweat running down her neck. It took her a few moments to realize that Tom wasn't here, nor was she the cause of Harry's death. Ginny let out a sigh, and slid off her bed, walking downstairs to the kitchen. Quickly, she got herself a cup of cold water, drinking it until she had the image of Tom Riddle out of her head. 'I can't believe that I thought he was my best friend, I can't believe that I trusted him.' Ginny thought.

Ginny looked up at her family clock, her hand pointing at home, and then moved her gaze to their traditional clock, pointing at 3 AM. 'Five more hours till the rest of the family wakes up.' Ginny began to make her way to the broomshed, taking out Fred's Cleensweep. She quickly got on it, and began to ride. Night flying was Ginny's outlet- she could still remember the first time she tried.

Little 6 years old Ginny Weasley was furious! How come all of her brothers could ride- even Ron! He was only a year older than her!

"No, Ginny. You're just a girl." Just a girl! Her hero, Mae Connes could ride just fine on a broom!

Ginny was so angry, she didn't even notice that she bumped into Charlie's friend from school, Nymphadora Tonks.

"Wotcher Ginny," Tonks said, breaking her free of her rant.

Happy to meet a fellow girl-living with six brothers does that to you- she jumped up and cheerfully said, "Hiya Tonks!"

"Why aren't you learning how to ride a broom?", Tonks asked, bored.

"Because my annoying brothers say a girl can't play!"

"Well I'm a girl, and I can play. After all I'm here to play. I don't know why I can't teach you flying."

"You will? Really?", Ginny pleaded.

"Yup. Come over to the Pitch at about 10- I'll just say that I'm getting used to the Quaffles."

It felt like 10 o'clock would never come, and Ginny was extremely impatient. She decided, to the delight of her mother, to work on chores. She did the laundry, de-gnomed the garden, and even cleaned her room. But when she looked up at her clock, it only said it was 6- and that only meant-"Ginny-DINNER!"

Ginny went downstairs and ate her dinner as fast as she could, trying her best to make it on time to learn how to fly.

Once she was done, she ran back up the steps and into her room, checking the clock once more, 10 minutes past six. 'Just 4 hours left.' Ginny then decided to pass the time by continuing her study on reading, writing, and math. Just yesterday, she was able to read her first big book- a book on Quidditch strategies. She couldn't wait to learn how to fly!

Finally, 10 o'clock came. Ginny practically apparated to the Quidditch Pitch. Once she saw Tonks, she hugged her, whispering, "Thank you Tonks, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!"

Tonks, chuckling at the little girl's enthusiasm whispered back, "You're welcome Ginny."

After that, Ginny separated from Tonks, and asked, "Can we start now?"

Tonks then took her to the broomshed, picking out a broom for her. Deciding that Bill's broom would be easiest to work with, she handed that broom to Ginny while taking out her own broom.

First, she demonstrated getting on a broom to Ginny, before helping her do so herself. Following that she taught Ginny how to sit on one. Once that was over, she taught her how to fly.

"YAHOO!" Ginny screamed, basking in the feeling of wind in her face. It was SO fun!

She began twirling, spinning, and twisting in mid-air. True she fell down a couple times, but she stood up and tried again. She felt like if there was nothing better to do in the world. Once she saw the sunrise however, she quickly put her broom away and went into her room, falling asleep once she hit the bed…


Ginny decided to just fly around in the moonlight, basking in the scent of fresh air. She began fly in circles as fast as she could. She was beginning to feel a bit better by the time the sun rose, and then proceeded to put away Fred's broomstick, tip-toeing into her room, she noticed the time was 5:30- her mum would be up soon. She snuck into her bed, and felt her lack of sleep catching up to her.

"Ginny, wake up."

Ginny rubbed her eyes and looked up questioningly to the blue eyes of her dad. "We have really good news Ginny! We're going to Egypt! We can visit your older brother Bill!" Ginny's eyes widened at the name of her eldest brother. She was immensely excited to see him again, after not seeing him in three years.

Ginny hopped out of the bed, but then realized that it would cost more than they could afford. She looked at her father, and as if he knew her thoughts he excitedly added, "I won 700 Galleons in the draw! Hurry up and pack, we'll be gone for two weeks!" Following that statement, a BOOM! erupted throughout the house. Swearing, Arthur Weasley, went to investigate, hoping that Molly wouldn't overreact.

To be honest, Arthur Weasley was worried for his daughter. After the whole Chamber incident, Ginny wasn't responsive to anyone in the family. She didn't talk about it to anyone, and everyone in the house heard the screams that occurred every night, without fail. Arthur felt guilty that after one week of fail, everyone gave up on helping her cope.

Little did he know that the first week helped her more than he thought. She really appreciated it when they tried to help her, and was disappointed when no one came to her aid after a while. Ginny thought that her family didn't love her enough to visit her, reminding her of her time with Tom, repeating that no one loved her, and no one would come save her because who really liked the youngest? Ron ignored her all the time to spend time with his mates, and Gred and Forge were always with their own friends, being popular because of their pranks. Pompous Percy was the only real brother to talk to her, and even he ignored her plenty times to be off with his girlfriend Penny. Ginny was all alone, which fueled herself to write to Tom all the time, penning about her loneliness and how much her brothers hurt her. She found herself stupid and naïve for talking to Riddle, but for some sick reason, she found herself missing him. In a way, they were best friends, she told him everything, and he showed her parts of his life, which now that she thought about it, could be falsified. But the point was, that now that everything was over, she found herself in the same situation. She hoped Bill would love her enough to spend time with her, but to be honest, she doubted it. After all, he was much older than her, and maybe like Ron, wouldn't want her to embarrass him.

Sighing, Ginny opened her closet with a small option of robes and cloaks. She packed the ones that changed in temperature according to the weather. She then went down to eat breakfast with the whole family. When she went down, her mum paused her yelling at the twins, and gave her a bowl of cereal.

Then, Percy arrived, announcing his Head Boy status at Hogwarts. Molly then began to talk to him about it, forgetting about the twins and their prank.

The twins, taking advantage of this opportunity, sat down on either side of her. 'Probably because Mum won't yell at me.' To the twins, it was because they missed talking to Ginny. Their mum refused them the right to talk to their sister or spend time with her, because she thought they might accidentally hurt her feelings. They never stopped pranking Ron, and taking advantage of his fear of spiders was their specialty.

"So Gin-Gin", Fred began.

"As the wonderful brothers we are"

"We've decided to"

"Help you pack and maybe"

"Prank our Ickle-Ronniekins a bit"

"What do you say?"

Obviously, Ginny said yes, not wanting to miss an opportunity to have a laugh. She and the twins ran upstairs and placed parts of their cereal and toast in his face, before dunking milk on his head. Ron woke up, gasping, and began to yell at Ginny and the twins as they ran down the stairs.

In the meantime, Percy was purposely distracting his Mum. He saw how lonely Ginny was and actually began to blame it on the Boy-Who-Lived himself. If he didn't take Ron's wholehearted attention, maybe Ron would pay more attention to Ginny. Maybe she wouldn't have trusted He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Maybe she wouldn't have nightmares. Maybe Ginny would look as happy and as full of life as she used to. Believe it or not, Percy was beginning to hate said Boy.




Ginny was done with packing, and was depressed to find out she wouldn't be able to night-fly. In fact, she was terrified. What if someone else heard her scream and thought the worst? What would Bill think? He probably knew about her situation, and was probably disappointed in her. If not, maybe even disgusted.

Ginny walked along the line with her family to the International Fireplace that was connected to Egypt. It was huge, and people went in groups of 3- Hers had her mum and dad.

Sooner than later, she went in, and came out through the Receiving Fireplace in Egypt. Once everyone was accounted for, they began searching for a person with Weasley hair, and of course, her mum found Bill first, Ginny second. Ginny ran over, shouted his name to get his attention, and hugged him tightly. "Hey Ginny."

After everyone spoke to Bill, they all went over to their inn to check in. The winnings guaranteed them a Phoenix Suite, the best kind, fit with enough beds to fit all of them. Ginny roomed with Bill and Percy, Ron with Gred and Forge. Charlie was still in Romania, oh well. Once they finished unpacking, it was nighttime, so they all decided to get enough rest for the next day.

"Ginny, you naïve fool. No one loves you. No one needs you." Tom Riddle hissed to her.

"No-my mum loves me, my dad needs me." Ginny spoke defiantly.

"Oh, really? Look at this then." Ginny was sucked into his diary and was shown a family, where everyone was present, but her. Even Harry and Hermione were there.

"Hermione, I must say, you must know a lot about muggles, no?" her dad asked.

"Oh yes, did you know…" as Hermione continued to speak about them, the family smiled at her.

Percy then chose to comment, "You know, you're much more amusing then our OLD little sister."

Old little sister? What did Percy mean?

Ron added, "Yeah, Ginny the Ninny sucked. Really, who liked her?"

Ginny was heartbroken, how could Ron say that about her?

Murmurs of agreement were said. That caused another stab.

Then, Molly added, "I regret giving birth to her. She tried to attack you. She had a horrible temper, and never acted like a girl." That caused Ginny's caused another stab, and another, and another, and soon- it broke.

Ginny was then whisked out of the book, to Tom's eyes, and now, this time, Harry didn't come to save her.


Ginny awoke yet again screaming. She took a few deep breaths to calm down, and then she became acquainted with her surroundings. This isn't the Burrow. It- it was Egypt. Ginny also noticed that Bill was awake as well, and so was Percy.

Bill woke up in the middle of the night, and chose to get a midnight snack like he usually did. Taking his wand-you never know when you need that- he opened a bag with snacks, and began to eat a treacle tart. Yum! Halfway through, screaming sounded throughout the suite. Bill ran to the source, his room, wand in hand, expecting to see a dark wizard. What he did not expect was his little sister, crying and trying to calm herself down. Looking over to Percy, he saw that he was looking at Ginny with a pained expression on his face. Percy was a pompous prat, but even he would help his own little sister. Once Ginny calmed down, he looked over to her and asked, "Ginny did you have a nightmare? What was it about? Do you want to talk about it?"

Ginny didn't expect Bill to worry for her that much, but maybe it was just in the beginning, like the rest of the family. Ginny replied," The usual, Chamber and all."

Bill was confused, what chamber? Was she talking about a bedroom? Who has reoccurring nightmares about a bedroom? Percy then whispered to him, "The Chamber of Secrets, William." Oh, now that makes sense. Wait.

"It's not a myth?"

"Truthfully. Ginevra opened it."

Bill's jaw dropped. His little innocent sister opened that? Yes they were purebloods but, his family couldn't have opened it. Their family ran generations of Gryffindors- not Slytherins.

Ginny knew they were whispering about her, but it felt like it was behind her back, and it hurt, so she said "If you're going to talk about me, why not tell me what you're talking about."

Bill immediately asked her, "How-Why did you open the Chamber of Secrets?"

Ginny explained, "T-Tom", it was weird to say his name aloud, "I was given his diary and wrote in it, thinking it was a gift from Mum, and then he wrote back and was so nice to me. So we kept on writing-back and forth, and then I started to lose my memory. When I began to suspect him, I threw in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, but then later on, I saw it with Harry, and took it from him. He- he was angry so he took me to the Chamber and said I would be there for all eternity, and no one would ever come for me- but Harry came, and took me out of there, destroying the diary."

Bill was astounded, why didn't anyone tell him this? But he still had one more question. "Ginny, Who's Tom?"

"V-Vol-d-dem-mort." Voldemort took possession of his little sister? Ginny talked with Voldemort? He wanted to go straight to his parent's room and ask why they never told him, but now, he hugged Ginny. She needed him more. That night, Bill stuck with Ginny. He asked Percy if he wanted to hug Ginny throughout the night as a joke, but Percy actually said yes. With her two brothers, that night, Ginny fell back to sleep, one without a nightmare.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear