Search:

SIYE Time:9:01 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Heart of the Hero
By Jeograph

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Oliver Wood, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape
Genres: General
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 206
Summary: Dumbledore is gone, or is he? Harry feels the weight of the world rests on his shoulders, but he is soon to learn that his brooding nature and desire to face his fate alone may be his greatest weakness. It is his emotions, or rather his capacity for emotion that makes him strong, and his relationships his greatest source of strength.

When the summer begins and he faces a fortnight with the Dursleys everything he knows, or rather thinks he knows comes into question. Can he... should he do this all alone? And is he anywhere near ready?

Hogwarts is to be re-opened, the Ministry officially endorsing it as the safest possible place to be. As his birthday approaches there are monumental surprises in store for Harry. Who is he really? And what about his family, who came before his mother and father? Why is the Potter name so famous, and yet so unknown?

Encouraged not to run off to face his fate he returns to Hogwarts for his final year, but surprises abound at the school as well.

Can Harry become the wizard he needs to be to face the Dark Lord? Will he let the people he respects and love really help him? And what of help from unexpected sources; sources he might never trust?


Hitcount: Story Total: 118360; Chapter Total: 3854
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
I am so very sorry for the horridly long wait between postings. My life has been a bit of disaster the past several months, from job loss, to the loss of my Father in March. I hope to be back to writing much more regularly now. Thank you so much for your patience and I hope this new chapter is to everyone's liking.
I am so grateful to Beta readers Arnel and SeekersDestiny, and proof reader B Hanzel for their wonderful quick work.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Twenty-Two
Relics


Harry sat crossed legged on the thick carpet of the small sitting room adjoining his bed camber. He was deep in meditation.

On a small table before him stood the pewter base with the collectable Dumbledore card perched in its slot. The little Dumbledore looked up every minute or so to consider the silent young man.

"Harry," Dumbledore said finally, in a gentle voice.

Without opening his eyes, Harry responded. "Yes, sir, I hear you."

"And you are aware of your surroundings?" Dumbledore asked.

"I am," Harry said slowly, "at least, in as much as I know I'm in my room."

"That is a beginning, Harry," Dumbledore said with a slight chuckle. "And, what have you been thinking about?"

"Well, nothing, sir," Harry responded with a hint of question in his voice. "I thought the object of the exercise was to learn to control my thinking and clear my mind?"

"Yes... Yes, it is, Harry," Dumbledore replied, "but wouldn't you agree that it really is impossible to think of nothing?"

"Is it?" Harry asked.

"So, tell me, Harry, if you can, what it is you think about when you are thinking of nothing," Dumbledore asked.

Harry was silent for several moments. "I would best describe it," he paused, "as being within a bubble."

"Yes," Dumbledore said encouragingly.

"Only, it's not a bubble exactly, more like a sphere. Inside it, I am still and silent and calm," Harry said.

"And, you feel safe within?" Dumbledore asked.

"Yes, sir," Harry replied. "It's as though nothing could possibly get to me within, so I need not be concerned about any particular thoughts."

"Do you think, Harry, that this sphere you describe is magical, or imaginary?" Dumbledore questioned.

"I..." Harry hesitated. "At first it was certainly imaginary... But, now, I feel it has become quite magical."

"Very good, Harry," Dumbledore said. "You have made tremendous progress."

There was silence again for a few minutes as Dumbledore continued to observe.

"Harry?" He did not wait for a response. "When I asked you if you were aware of your surroundings, you said, yes, at least as much as you know you are in your room, correct?"

"Yes, sir," Harry responded airily.

"If you try, without awaking from your meditative state, can you tell me anything more about the room?"

Again there were a few minutes of silence.

"It pulses," Harry said.

"What?" Dumbledore asked a bit anxiously. "What pulses?"

"The Manor," Harry replied. "It's as if just a wisp of magic is constantly moving through the structure itself. I can see it, like small curls of shiny smoke along the walls, floor and ceiling."

Dumbledore chuckled. "And so it does," he stated matter-of-factly. "Is it any wonder that in such a magically imbued building, some trace of all the magic performed there would remain?"

"I had never tried to look before," Harry said.

"It is often amazing what can be seen when one actually takes the time to look," Dumbledore said in his most professorial voice. "You will never see Hogwarts quite the same again," he said with a satisfied chuckle. "Harry, as ever, your progress in our sessions continues to exceed my expectations. It is most satisfying, and makes me very proud of you."

"Thank you, sir," Harry said somewhat bashfully.

"Harry, go back to your magical sphere," Dumbledore said. "I want you to imagine it slowly shrinking... Shrinking around your thoughts and memories, until it is inside you, rather than you inside it. Imagine it becoming stronger as it grows smaller, protecting all that you are."

"I am," Harry said.

"Harry, I would like you to end all your meditation sessions in this way from now on. Imagine your magical sphere shrinking within you, protecting your mind. Further, I would like you to mentally picture that sphere within you several times a day, every day. Soon it will become habit to think of it there, and it will become a part of you, consciously and unconsciously, protecting your mind," Dumbledore said.

There was more silence as Harry did as Dumbledore described. He felt considerable comfort imagining a small orb surrounding his thoughts and memories.

After another minute, Harry stood up from the floor. He stretched, as was common practice, he thanked Dumbledore for another meditation session. The image in the card, as always, nodded in return. Harry moved to pick up the base, but was stopped by Dumbledore's voice.

"I think it is time we should try to find you a proper Occlumency instructor," Dumbledore said.

Harry looked at the face on the card. "Should I speak with Moody about it? Or perhaps Lupin?" Harry questioned.

"I think perhaps you should contact Headmistress McGonagall as you will need lessons once you've returned to school," Dumbledore responded. "You really have made remarkable progress, Harry."

"Thank you, sir," Harry said, "I really look forward to these sessions." He picked up the card base, careful to not drop the card. "Want to join us at breakfast sir?" Harry asked.

"Thank you, no," Dumbledore responded, "Watching you all eat, just reminds me that I am left with only these lemon sherbets." He motioned to the jar of sweets on his desk in the card photo. He chuckled. "Still, I suppose it is something to be grateful for. Perhaps once you have resumed your search of the Manor," he said finally.

Harry nodded and gently removed the card from the base. He pocketed both card and base and left his room, headed in search of breakfast.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

In the days since the wedding the Manor had calmed considerably. Bill and Fleur and Charlie and Helena were away on their honeymoons in the Canary Islands, courtesy of Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

Tonks and Lupin had not made any honeymoon plans. So, in conjunction with Harry, Hermione made hasty arrangements to book a suite at the Covent Gardens for a ten day stay, complete with theatre tickets, and various other Muggle evening outings. They surprised the couple with the impromptu plans upon returning to the Manor after Ginny's birthday celebration. At first Lupin protested the gift, but Harry made it clear that it had already been paid for by courier, arranged through Gringotts, and it would be impossible to cancel. Lupin grudgingly agreed and the couple departed the next morning for a honeymoon in London. After they left, Harry wondered if they would be angry about the large amount of spending cash he'd had left in the hotel safe for them, but he figured he'd deal with that upon their return and truly hoped they would actually spend it.

Fred and George, had found a temporary flat on Diagon Alley, so they could more closely supervise reconstruction of their shop.

Fleur's family and guests had departed, as had Bill's friend Daniel Peterson, who had been invited to Paris by Fleur's bridesmaids.

All that remained at the Manor where Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Alex Burgestikoff. Neville had been invited to stay following Ginny's birthday, but his grandmother had insisted he return home. Luna, however, was spending the remainder of the summer with Ginny at The Burrow, under Molly Weasley's supervision.

Ginny's birthday had been a grand day. Alex canceled morning lessons, and everyone had been allowed to sleep in after the wedding reception the night before. The day's events had begun with a huge, late-morning brunch at The Burrow.

Ron had recalled that Ginny once confessed a long standing curiosity about Muggle roller coasters, so Hermione had suggested a surprise trip to Alton Towers in Staffordshire. Moody had been able to arrange secure Portkeys, and the Order approved of the completely Muggle location from a safety standpoint. So, by noon, after a short visit with Kyne and Hedwig, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Neville and Luna, found themselves at the Muggle amusement park, mostly queuing for the roller coasters and thrill rides. In the end they had a wonderful time and were glad they had gone, though, Harry, Ginny and Ron agreed that they could have experienced more thrills by just taking out a few of Harry's new Firebolts.

The day continued with a late meal and a family gathering at The Burrow for Ginny's gift opening. The couples away on honeymoon had not forgotten and had left gifts for the occasion, while the rest of the family and a few others presented her with a wide variety of gifts, ranging from her parent's gift of an extra fluffy, leaf green, dressing gown and matching fluffy slippers, to what Molly Weasley considered Luna's scandalous gift of a copy of One Hundred and Fifty Charms and Potions a Mother Should Teach Her Daughter.

Molly had at first felt affronted by the gift until Arthur quietly reminded her that Luna had lost her mother and certainly didn't mean the gift as any sort of slight. Still, the book was widely considered scandalous because of its in-depth chapter on reproductive and contraceptive magic.

When Ginny had found the end of her pile of gifts she seemed to be looking for one more.

"What's the matter, dear?" Molly asked, as Ginny searched through the pile of empty wrapping papers.

Ginny looked up at Harry who was seated across the room next to her mother and in a sad sort of voice she said, "Nothing, I guess... I had just..."

Ginny didn't finish her thought, as if on cue, Kyne swooped in through the window with a large red bow around his neck and lighted on Ginny's knee. She pulled off the bow and hugged the beautiful bird, kissing his head, to his half-hearted protest. She began cooing at him and petting his back when he lifted his leg and shook it at her, there was a small white box attached there and she quickly slipped the tie from his leg. Kyne nipped her neck affectionately and hopped to the back of her chair.

Ginny shot Harry a wide smile as she held the small box in her hand. She just looked at the box for a minute while everyone seemed to lean a bit toward her expectantly, except for Harry who leaned his chair a bit backward.

"Well, open it... go on," Ron said finally, breaking the silence that had gripped the room.

Ginny pulled open the box and looked inside. She squealed happily and danced across the room, landing in Harry's lap to give him a hug. "Oh, Harry, thank you!" she gushed. "I didn't say a word, and I only looked at it once... But, I knew you would, I just knew it!"

She remained on his knee and held her arm out expectantly. "Go on... Put it on for me. Put it on!" She kissed him on the cheek with excitement.

Harry reached carefully into the little box and drew out a gold charm bracelet. He quickly secured it around Ginny's right wrist.

Ginny turned on Harry's knee and gleefully showed the bracelet to her mother. "It's a Quidditch, charm bracelet," she explained. "See, each charm is a bit of Quidditch gear." She flipped it around her wrist. "Here's the Snitch, and a broom, a Quaffle, and three tiny circles to represent the hoops, a Bludger, and a Beater's bat... Oh, and last a small Gryffindor coat of arms! And there is even room for more charms."

"It's very lovely, dear," Molly smiled at her giddy daughter.

Ginny leapt from Harry's knee and skipped across the room to show her prize to Hermione and Luna.

Molly leaned over to Harry and said, "Please tell me that is not real gold."

Harry adopted an innocent look, but said nothing.

"Really, Harry," Molly said a bit reprovingly, "After her owl, you shouldn't have spent so much, that cannot have been inexpensive."

Harry smiled at Mrs. Weasley and said, "I think that smile was worth every Knut."

The evening concluded with a huge birthday cake and ice cream, and later, much of the party sitting around a nice fire in the Weasley's garden, with casual conversation.

The next morning Neville had to return home so they all gathered at The Burrow for breakfast and afterward, saw him to the safe Apparation point.

The morning lessons with Alex had gone well, with most of the session focused on non-verbal spell casting. After lunch Luna had gone to talk with the portrait of Harry's Grandparents while the quartet had gone to Harry's study and reviewed plans for the next few days. They decided to focus on Harry's Grandfather's instructions and try to find whatever artifact had been collected and hidden at the Manor, and to review more of Harry's family memories as time permitted.

The remainder of the day had been an exploration of every cellar of the Manor, from the wine and spirits cellar, beneath the restaurant-worthy kitchen, to the elaborate potions laboratory underneath the Library. None of them had detected anywhere that there might be a passage to some further hidden treasure room.

In reviewing the parchments of instruction which had accompanied his Grandfather's final letter, there were multiple pages concerning the bloodstone, and the process of warding the Manor; including who could possibly be eligible to contribute. There was complete contact information for a portrait painter in Godric's Hallow, along with a receipt for the contracted portrait. However, there was nothing at all about how to find the treasure room mentioned in the letter, and not one word about what the object preserved in that treasure room might be.

After a disappointing day of searching the Manor, they determined that the next day they would redouble their efforts.

In the morning they met early for breakfast and enjoyed a wonderful lesson with Alex, again focusing on non-verbal spell casting. At the end of the session Alex, after praising them for their efforts, announced that the next couple morning lessons would be cancelled as she was leaving the Manor for an overnight stay elsewhere, regarding possible employment, and suspected she would not return until the weekend, if things went well.

Following lunch, and after re-consulting with Jarphred concerning the matter of a secret cellar, they again set out to search the entire Manor. The elf could not offer any further guidance so they retraced their steps from the previous day. They even set out to search the grounds for anything they might have missed. When they again came up empty handed, Harry wondered if they should expand their search to the surrounding forest.

That evening Harry let Hermione and Ron view the memories of Caractacus and Armes Potter. Afterward he and Ginny had delved into the next set of memories from Alden and Glennis Potter. Hermione, Ron and Luna, waited in the Library where Ron spent his time wandering and visually exploring the contents of various cases, Hermione read from several books and Luna engaged in dancing with the fairies.

In contrast to those left by Caractacus and Armes, this next set of memories did not focus on 'The Potter Curse' or offer anything more toward solving that problem. Instead, Alden Potter had left a series of memory snippets from his life. They began with an idyllic childhood spent in Potter castle in the near constant company of his parents, elves, and faeries. Caractacus had taught Alden how to fight, how to handle weaponry, and many lessons on how to respect people even when you needed to oppose or command them.

Of his mother, Alden seemed mostly to remember love and kindness and an infinite patience. There was a brief memory of living at Hogwarts, and a deep sense of connectedness to the castle. As Alden's memories continued to unfold there was an extreme sense of loss and confusion at the deaths of his parents and a lost period of his life for many years following.

Eventually Alden would meet his wife Glennis, and their bonding would truly bring Alden back into focus. Together the two would travel extensively, filling the castle with the largest collection of magical texts in existence and amassing knowledge from all of the known world.

The memories told of, not a perfect life, but one filled with adventure and joy, a thirst for academic knowledge and a passion for political influence of a benevolent and hopeful nature.

Alden and Glennis would together bring about a renaissance of sorts in Wizarding pursuit of knowledge and lend a guiding wisdom to the formation of Wizarding political and governmental organizations. Late in life they conceived Edsyl Potter and his entrance into their lives only served to increase their devotion to each other and to their life paths. Alden seemed to Harry to be a great and admirable man, one he was proud to have as a direct ancestor.

Near the end of the memory set there was, however, a tragedy that would bring the progressive influence of Castle Potter nearly to a standstill in the Wizarding world. While abroad in Albania, the Potters and their local guides were attacked by a werewolf. Alden's memory of the attack was brutal and frightening to witness as the creature literally tore through their guides and attacked Glennis. Alden's reaction, based on his father's training was fast, furious and fatal, but not fast enough to prevent Glennis being bitten.

Glennis' memories were also a series of snippets, beginning with her earliest recollections of growing up in Ireland in the company of her parents and their associates, a kind, gentle, and highly inquisitive people dedicated to preserving a separatist lifestyle to preserve Wizard knowledge and tradition.

During her adulthood her own curiosity and thirst for further knowledge lead her to question the separatist lifestyle and she eventually left the Irish enclave to seek out broader knowledge.

She came to Potter Castle driven by tales of its vast library. There she met Alden Potter and discovered much to their mutual surprise that they were a bonded pair. Acceptance of this unexpected revelation changed both of their lives in wondrously positive ways.

They were wed, and together they traveled extensively returning each summer to open the Castle and its Library to wizard educators, and seekers of knowledge. They gained recognition as two of the most learned living wizards, and enjoyed both social and political influence. As Lord and Lady Potter, they participated in the beginnings of the Wizard's Council and the International Confederation of Wizards.

Their years together, including the birth of their son, Edsyl, were idyllic in her memories, extensive travels, wealth and influence, a son to raise, all with a benevolent, optimistic and inquisitive focus.

Sending Edsyl to Hogwarts and seeing him excel there were some of her happiest memories.

It all seemed very much like a happily ever after until the werewolf attack.

After the attack both sets of memories were dominated by guilt and fear as the Potters came to blame themselves for bringing lycanthropy to England. They struggled with both containment and treatment as they learned about Glennis' condition. Early mishaps resulted in several escapes and the spread of lycanthropy into neighboring populations.

For a time, after they had developed an effective potion for controlling and preventing the monthly transformations, they even made some attempts to hunt the developing packs in an effort to quell the spread of the disease.

Ultimately they resigned themselves to a quiet secluded life of study and intellectual pursuit at the castle, during which their passion for travels and acquisitions was taken over by their son, Edsyl, after his graduation from Hogwarts.

Lycanthropy quickly took its toll on Glennis and she passed a mere twenty-one years later.

Though Alden lived for another ten years after his wife's passing, he never truly ventured out again preferring to remain in the castle.

In the last decade of his life he did re-open the castle library to particularly ardent knowledge seekers, and did resume holding social and political events at the castle, but it would never be the same as it had been.

The only significant event of his late life catalogued in his memory set was the chartering of the Royal Hart, a business venture he began with his son in 1336, which would form the centerpiece of the Potter business and financial holdings.

Exhausted from the day’s search and the emotional toll of reviewing two more sets of memories Harry suggested that they take the morning to sleep in and relax. He himself was looking forward to a long meditation session under Dumbledore's guidance. He explained to the others that he felt he had been neglecting these sessions and wished to make up for it by getting a good night's sleep and being fresh and ready in the morning to give Dumbledore his devoted attention.

Hermione and Ron said their good nights and headed up to their rooms. Luna preceded Ginny back to the Burrow and Harry and Ginny said goodnight at some length, on the couch in front of the fireplace.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Harry arrived at the sitting room, which had become the sort of unofficial gathering place of the house. He was a bit surprised to find it empty. He pulled out his watch to check the time ‒ it was already a quarter of eight. Usually everyone would be out on the lawn at this time waiting for Alex to begin a lesson. Still, he had been the one to suggest they all have a lie-in this morning so he guessed he shouldn't be surprised.

He plopped down on one of the couches near the fireplace and as he did Jarvy appeared to inquire if he needed anything or desired something particular for breakfast. "Just a quick fry up, whatever we have round the kitchen is fine," Harry said. "Have you seen anything of Ron or Hermione this morning?"

"No, Master Harry," Jarvy replied. "Would you like Dobby to check on them?"

"Yes, please. And send Winky to tell Molly Weasley that we are all awake at the Manor. That will let Ginny and Luna know it's alright to come through."

"Very good sir. Would you care for this morning's Prophet?" Jarvy held up the folded paper which had materialized in his hand.

"Yes, thank you," Harry said as he took the folded newspaper. "Jarvy," Harry paused with a slightly distracted sigh as he unfolded the newspaper to reveal a photo of Diagon Alley, and the headline reading 'Record Reconstruction Pace.' "If Ron and Hermione will be down soon, you'd better serve breakfast family style. And for Ron's sake, we'd best serve the full Monty."

Jarvy chuckled lightly. "Absolutely, Master Harry, breakfast will be on the table by the time they arrive."

Harry perused the Prophet for a few minutes, skimming the lead article about the reconstruction of Diagon Alley. The story highlighted some of the coming changes as a few shops were changing locations in the light of the recent destruction. Very few shops were actually closing as a result of the mayhem, but the most interesting thing to Harry was a listing of new shops which were taking advantage of the reconstruction to bring new ventures and new ideas to the Alley. He was pleased to see a number of new, modern, restaurants, and clothiers on the list.

Ron and Hermione arrived in what seemed a very short time and true to Jarvy's word, breakfast appeared on a nearby table, just as they entered the room. Harry stood up to greet them and they all went to the table to eat.

Only a short while later the door to the sitting room burst open and a very excited Ginny and Luna came bounding in waving a number of parchment envelopes.

"Hogwarts letters!" Ginny exclaimed as she ran to the table. She excitedly passed out the envelopes to each of them.

"How many books ya s'pose we have to buy this year?" Ron grumbled, as he tore into his envelope unceremoniously. Hermione on the other hand just held hers, looking at it as though her complete future was contained in that single envelope.

Perhaps it is, Harry thought as he raised his own envelope to look at it.

"Harry," Hermione spoke, "look at the address."

Harry pushed his glasses tighter on his face and looked closer at the envelope. It was very neatly addressed to; Mr. Harry J. Potter, Beyond the Pantry door, The Burrow, Ottery St Catchpole, Devon.

"Interesting," Harry said, "It would seem the Hogwarts' registry is right on top of things," he smiled.

"Should we be worried?" Hermione asked.

"I don't expect so," Harry smiled, and then he neatly tore the end off his envelope as if to emphasize his apparent conviction.

Hermione gave him a long steady look, before opening her letter as well.

"Well, nothing new here," Ron proclaimed, "Just another long list of books, oh, and I got my prefect badge back again." He held up the small badge. "D'you get Quidditch Captain again Harry?" he asked.

"Yes, yes I did," Harry responded distractedly as he was still reading his letter. "But, it says here I will have a Vice-captain this year. Headmistress McGonagall is adding them for every house. I suppose it will be a fifth or sixth year, whoever she thinks is most likely to replace me."

"Whoa, that'll be a tough call, Harry," Ron gave a side-long glance at Ginny, intended only for Harry's notice. Harry's almost smirk let Ron know he was on the same the page. "This'll be a rebuilding year for the team," Ron continued, "You've lost all your really good talent."

"Yeah, I know," Harry agreed, catching Ginny's obviously mounting frustration in the corner of his eye. "I guess it will have to be Demelza, unless McGonagall will let me wait until after tryouts before naming my Vice."

"Oh, I don't know," Ron chimed in, "I suppose it could be Sloper, assuming he even wants back on the team. I mean really who else is there?"

"It's me you dolts!" Ginny burst into the conversation, fumes of anger rising off her head like heat from a flame. "Sloper! Really, Ron!" She slapped him across the shoulder. "And, I like Demelza, but the girl hasn't got an organizational bone in her boy-chasing body. If you think for one minute that..." Ginny suddenly stopped short as both boys were curling up and turning purple with laughter. Ginny glanced back at Luna who was giggling too, though having the decency to try to hide it. "You're having me on." Ginny stated flatly.

Both Ron and Harry nodded through guffaws of laughter. "Yes, yes, we are," Harry choked out through his amusement. Just then Ron snorted loudly, which caused them all to reactively erupt with mirth. Even Ginny couldn't help but react to her brother with a genuine snicker.

Harry reached out and pulled Ginny closer by the belt loop of her jeans. Ginny resisted, but not much as she landed in Harry's lap. "Did anyone ever tell you, you are particularly beautiful when you are wound up?" Ginny slapped him lightly on the chest. "Show us the badge," Harry asked.

Smiling, Ginny produced the Vice-Captain badge from her opened Hogwarts letter and held it so Harry could see.

Admiring the small gold medal Harry gave Ginny a broad smile. "McGonagall's made a perfect choice, if you ask me." Harry said. "Do you think if we dropped this at Peninnah Promise, they could make a miniature copy for your bracelet?"

"Harry! Really?" All anger over the teasing was suddenly gone and Ginny hugged Harry giddily.

"Something the matter, Hermione?" Ron asked suddenly. All attention turned to the brown haired girl, who had been quiet and quite still since opening her letter. She was staring at a badge that had fallen from her envelope; it lay on the table next to her breakfast plate.

"What have you got there, Hermione?" Harry asked.

"It's..." Her voice was tight and strained with disbelief. "It's the head-girl badge," she said finally.

"Well, of course it is Hermione," Luna chimed in suddenly, to state what everyone was thinking. "Did you really think that Headmistress McGonagall would choose anyone else?" Luna giggled just a little. "And I thought you really were the smartest girl in school, but if you can't see what is that obvious," she paused. "Well, you are always allowed to refuse it, you know," Luna ended in an airy lilt, that Harry thought was laced with subtle sarcasm.

"Luna is right Hermione," Harry added. "You had to know it was coming."

Hermione turned her head to face them. "It is one thing to know a fact based on evidence. It's another thing entirely to see it as a reality with one's own eyes," Hermione blurted out in her familiar, sing-song, recitation voice.

They all began laughing.

After a minute of showing off one another's badges and comparing seventh to sixth year book lists Harry realized that Ginny and Luna were each holding a second envelope.

"So? What's in the other envelope?" he asked finally.

"Oh, this?" Ginny responded, holding up the second parchment pouch, and looking a bit alarmed.

"Are those your OWL results?" Hermione asked.

"They are," Luna answered for her. "Ginny is a bit nervous about looking at her results. I keep telling her there is no need to worry, but she's not listening to me."

Ginny didn't speak. She gulped hard and quickly tore open the envelope and pulled the parchment from inside. "I can't!" she said and handed the folded document to Harry as though it had suddenly become hot.

Harry unfolded the parchment calmly. There was an introductory letter, but Harry skipped over that to get to Ginny's results.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results
Pass Grades:
Outstanding (O)
Exceeds Expectations (E)
Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:
Poor (P)
Dreadful (D)
Troll (T)

Ginevra Molly Weasley has achieved:
Astronomy: A
Care of Magical Creatures: E
Charms: O
Defense Against the Dark Arts: E
Divination: A
Herbology: A
History of Magic: A
Potions: A
Transfiguration: A

After examining the results for a long moment and considering whether it would be wise to have her on about anything again so soon, Harry chose the straighter path. "Well, Ginny," he started, "I believe you have just achieved the best results in recent Weasley history," he smiled. "You've passed everything."

"Everything?" She tore the parchment from Harry's hand and examined it herself. "Even History of Magic," she said with slight edge of disbelief. "Six acceptables, two exceeds expectations, and one outstanding, in Charms." Her entire body seemed to sigh with relief.

"That's wonderful, Ginny," Hermione exclaimed, "Your mother will be so proud!" She elbowed Ron who was still eating and didn't seem to be paying much attention.

"That's great, Ginny," he managed around a mouthful of sausage and beans. "How about you Luna, how did you do?"

"Well, I didn't pass everything like Ginny," she said a bit sheepishly, but I did manage outstanding in Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, Herbology and Potions."

"Four outstandings, Luna that's brilliant," Harry exclaimed, "What didn't you pass?" He asked hesitantly.

"History of Magic, and transfiguration," Luna stated flatly, "Though I don't understand why I failed History, I wrote pages of essay, just like Daddy taught me."

"Still, four outstandings is someth'n you can brag about, in'it?" Ron said between bites of fried tomato and black pudding.

"Well, I'll just say that I am proud of you both," Harry said.

"Me too," Hermione chimed in.

A short while later, once Jarvy had cleared the breakfast dishes, they finally began discussing the plan for the day.

“If we take your Grandfather’s letter literally,” Hermione began, “We need to look “Deep beneath the lowest cellar of the Manor,’ so I looked up an elevation spell in a magical construction index last night. I thought at least that way we can determine which is, in fact, the lowest cellar.”

It had taken nearly an hour to cast Hermione’s elevation spell in all the various cellars of the Manor, and so far the wine cellar had proven to be the deepest point, but as they approached the Library, Harry developed a feeling that they were somehow getting closer to their goal.

Throughout the morning Harry had been trying to place his mind in a near meditative state and recapture the visual perceptions he had achieved during his session with Dumbledore. So far he had been able to detect a few random impressions of magic as it crept along the Manor hallways, but each time he had found himself beginning to see, he had been interrupted by someone asking if he was alright, or if he felt quite well.

The Library had become a favored place in the Manor due in great part to the presence of the book fairies who had become much friendlier and far bolder now that the Manor was once again occupied. They seemed to be particularly taken with Luna who apparently was completely able to communicate with them, even though no one had ever heard a fairy utter a word. Luna loved to gather with the fairies in the comfortable reading area and read fanciful fiction, or draw and paint, or sometimes simply dance. The fairies had also proven to be quite helpful to Hermione. She discovered, to her delight, that once the fairies had caught on to a particular research subject, they would sometimes pull books off the shelves that might seem indirectly related, but would ultimately prove to hold an answer, or a link. Hermione had begun to trust their input and eagerly reviewed any books they left out near the volumes she had reserved by leaving whole chestnuts on the open pages.

This visit to the library, however, was not for the purpose of relaxation or study, but merely passing through on their way to the potions laboratory. They came though the main doors and headed directly to the stairway leading down to the first level of cellar. The curved stairway was situated beyond the bookshelves against the exterior wall on the south quarter of the oval building. They hurried down the long stairs to the bottom which consisted of a small hallway and a single thick oaken door. There was plenty of room for all of them to stand comfortably, as Harry found the proper key on the ring of keys he had retrieved from his study earlier. He worked the heavy lock quickly so that the five of them didn't have to share the small hallway for any longer than necessary.

Harry opened the door and the familiar smell of a working potions lab struck them. It was a fragrant combination of spice house, green house, pet shop and blacksmith shop all rolled together into a single aroma. It was not an unpleasant smell, but it was definitely a powerful presence.

The room was an oval, like the library above it, though this was a much smaller room being perhaps twenty meters long and fifteen meters wide. The outside stone walls were lined with heavy ingredient shelves populated with a multitude of jars and containers of all shapes sizes and materials. There were also several live animal cages all gathered together in one section, though none seemed to be occupied at present. In the center of the room was a large stone fire pit running ten meters long. It was constructed so that caldrons of various sizes could be placed along its top grate and fires could be built beneath them along the length of the pit. There were heavy metal doors, similar to those on wood burning stoves, to provide access to the fires. Above the pit was a long polished copper vent hood that gathered all the smoke and directed it out of the room, to an unseen chimney somewhere. Between the ingredients shelves and the fire pit, were several prep tables; they alternated between wooden and stone tops for the best preparation of ingredients. Huge bunches of herbs and spices hung drying from the ceiling above the tables.

Lupin had taken to the laboratory immediately upon moving in and there were several caldrons set up along the fire grate. He was obviously brewing a number of different potions. Some Harry knew were meant to replenish the Manor's own potions stock, but others were being made at Moody's request, and Harry suspected that at least one caldron contained the Wolfsbane potion which helped to control Lupin's monthly transformations.

Opposite the entry door there was another, equally thick and sturdy door with an even more forbidding looking lock. This was the laboratory’s storage room for finished potions, particularly those that might be valuable, or dangerous. Harry headed for this door, fiddling with his ring of keys as he went.

Once the door was opened it swung into a rectangular storeroom some eight meters wide and twelve meters deep. There was a stone landing at the door height and seven stone steps down to the actual floor. Both walls were lined with shelves containing a dizzying array of colorful vials of potions. At both the back and the front of the room large oak barrels were stacked.

Without a word, Hermione hurried to the approximate center of the room and began her elevation spell. As she worked on the precise incantation, Luna and Ginny began casting standard magic detection spells around the room. It was unlikely that would turn up anything specific in a room already so full of magic; still, it was better than everyone standing around looking bored.

Harry just stood there on the landing looking about the room. After a minute Hermione declared with some glee that this room was in fact the lowest cellar in the Manor. Somehow, Harry felt he already knew that. He continued to stare at the walls with some concentration.

After a few more minutes the girls had completely blanketed the room with detection spells and they gathered at the center of the room to compare results, all of which were a resounding negative.

"Well, that's that, mate," Ron said, turning to Harry who had seated himself on the top stair. "This may be the lowest bloody cellar in the Manor, but there is nothing here except all these bottles of stored potions." He paused, a slight bit of frustration showing in his stance as Harry neither moved nor responded. "Are you all here, Harry? 'Cause you seem a bit..."

"Shhhh, Ron," Ginny interrupted abruptly. "Let him be. I think he is trying to meditate."

"What, here?" Ron questioned. "What for?" he asked as though Ginny might actually have an answer.

Harry stood up suddenly and descended the steps. "So that I can reach that place in my mind that actually allows me to see magic," Harry responded as he stepped past them examining the shelves as he moved slowly across the room.

The statement left Ron dumbfounded, with no rebuttal, and apparently lacking the ability to raise his lower jaw.

Hermione followed Harry closely. "Can you really see magic, Harry?" She asked. "I've read that only the most accomplished wizards can do that." She stated.

"I was able to do it this morning during my session with Dumbledore, and it seems with a bit of concentration I am able to do so now. But, really, Hermione, quiet please," Harry said, not angrily, but firmly.

Hermione, nodded and stepped back to the others to watch Harry, with a bit of wonder.

Harry moved slowly, by all appearances examining everything in his path, but looking at nothing in particular. For Harry himself, the view was both confusing and astounding. Residual magic seemed to float about the room like wisps of smoke. It swirled around the bottles and vials of potion like a thick mist, forming an effective and distracting impediment to his search for something extraordinary amongst the new and unfamiliar. A light wave of his wand would create eddies and attract tendrils of the floating manna. Harry soon realized that the ethereal stuff seemed to be attracted to sources of focus, as it slowly migrated back toward the potions, or swirled lightly around wands.

After several minutes of examination, forming these observations, Harry realized that there seemed to be a small congregation of the stuff forming a slight swirl around one particular barrel in the far corner of the room.

"Ron," he called, "Help me move this barrel, please?"

Together he and Ron rolled the full oak barrel out of the corner toward the center of the room. The activity was enough to cause Harry to slip out of his concentration and lose his sight of the insubstantial manna.

"I think there might be something about this barrel," Harry said, as the girls came nearer. "I could see it surrounded by magic."

They all stood there staring at the quite ordinary looking oak barrel. Finally, Ron raised his wand and tapped the wooden plug on the top of the barrel. It popped out releasing an acrid stench. Ron, caught the brunt of it, stepped back very quickly and nearly retched as he paled and coughed violently. "Bloody hell, that is absolutely foul!" he managed as he stumbled back toward the stairs.

Ginny quickly reached for the wooden stopper and flipped it back in to place, as Hermione went to Ron's aid, conjuring a cup and water.

"Perhaps, it's not the barrel at all," Luna said suddenly, as she twirled in the corner vacated by the heavy container. "Perhaps there is something about this corner that is the key." She stopped twirling and lifted her foot. Beneath the toe that she had been pivoting on was a small bit of metal imbedded in the floor, almost as though a small coin had been tamped into the stone.

Upon closer examination it didn't appear to be an actual coin, but a small disc of grayish metal with a symbol carved into it.

"Anyone recognize this symbol?" Harry asked.

They each in turn looked closely, but no one could tell what it was, until Hermione finally got in close enough. "Hmm," she murmured to herself, "Well, I do recognize it. I learned it in my first year of Ancient Runes. It is a pre-Welsh druidic symbol, it means, down."

"Just, down?" Ginny asked apprehensively.

"Yes," Hermione replied, "just, down."

"Well, at least it's something," Ron muttered.

"It is indeed something," Harry said curiously. "The question of course is, what?"

Harry reached out and pressed the disc with his thumb. He hoped it would move downward, but it didn't budge. He then stood up and tried to stomp on it with his foot, but that was equally unproductive.

For the next twenty minutes they tried everything they could think of to get some reaction out of the bit of metal, including trying to pry it up. Nothing seemed to have any effect. They then carefully examined every inch of the corner to see if there was anything they had missed in previous examinations.

Finally they found themselves congregated on the steps just staring at the corner in frustration.

"Well, this is fun and all," Ron said sarcastically, "but I say we all pop up to the sitting room and see what sort of a snack Jarvy has set for us today." As if to bolster his suggestion his stomach rumbled hungrily.

"Honestly, Ron," Hermione said, "I don't see how you can eat so much, it's not like we've been all that active this morning?"

Ron just shrugged and smiled in response.

"Okay, yeah, Ron's right," Harry said, "lets go for a while, and maybe the answer will come if we're doing something else."

"What we need is some help from Cornelius Merlin," Luna said, as they started moving up the stairs.

Ron and Ginny chuckled at the comment, but the name was meaningless to Harry. "Who is Cornelius Merlin?" His curiosity forced him to ask.

"I think he is a character from a Wizarding comic book," Hermione supplied an answer. "A bit like Tintin, or Dan Dare."

Harry remembered Dudley having comic books with those characters in them, but it was very rare that Harry had opportunity to look at them, and he had never been allowed to read them.

"Ron used to read Cornelius Merlin comics, before he started at Hogwarts," Ginny added.

"Cornelius was this young wizard adventurer who could do magic better than any adult," Ron started to explain. "He was always catching rogue wizards, or slipping through time, or having adventures in the Muggle world. It was all just childish fantasy."

"I still have my collection," Luna interjected. "I don't think it was all childish, I still like to read them." She paused as they left the store room and entered the potions lab. "The point is, Cornelius would be able to figure this out," she said.

To Harry it sounded almost as though Luna was a bit sad, so he decided to pursue the matter. He turned to face her and said, with as much enthusiasm as he could, "Luna, if this were a Cornelius Merlin comic, what do you think our little piece of metal in the floor would turn out to be?" The question brought an immediate smile back to Luna's expression.

"Oh," she said, "I suppose it would be a gateway to an alternate dimension, or a bit of Muggle gadgetry that lets people drop through solid rock, or something."

"Muggles don't have technology like that," Hermione interjected.

"In the comics they do," Ron offered, "That's what made the stories so cool," he said with a nostalgic smile. "But, with Cornelius there was always some practical angle. It would turn out to be an ancient marker for some sort of temporal nexus, or part of some kind of a system for guided Apparition."

Harry started moving back the way they had come. "It couldn't be that simple," he said, mostly to himself.

"Harry, what is it?" Ginny asked, as she followed him back in to the store room.

"I thought we were going to get something to eat" Ron complained lightly, as the others trailed after Harry and Ginny.

Harry went straight to the small metal disc and stood directly over it. Ginny seemed to catch on and jumped next to Harry, taking his arm and standing so close their sides were touching. "Oh, no, you don't, Harry," she said, "not without me." Harry smiled at her, and they vanished in a spin. Before anyone could formulate a response through their surprise, the couple reappeared spinning back in to being on the spot.

"Ron, as ever, you are brilliant," Harry said. "I just focused on the disc and Apparated. We appeared in what looked like a stone room. Torches came to life a moment after we arrived and sure enough there was a corresponding disc in the floor below us."

Excitedly they determined to go forward. Harry said he could Side-Along with Ginny, having already done it, and Hermione volunteered to take Luna. Very quickly they found themselves standing in a torch lit stone room.

Hermione examined the corresponding metal disc curiously. To no one’s surprise she confirmed that the marking on the second disc was the symbol for 'up.'

The room was round and several meters across with the disc in the approximate center. The walls were of a crude stone construction and the ceiling too high to be seen by torchlight. There was only one apparent exit, a stone archway and so, without discussion, they made their way toward it. As they approached, torches leapt to life revealing a stone hallway of similar construction. The hall appeared to be many meters long and lined with stone statues, most of which appeared to be large men in various types of armor, brandishing dangerous looking weapons.

As they stood at the archway, with the sound of stone grinding on stone, the statues turned their heads to face them.

"This doesn't look so good, Harry," Hermione said with a little fear in her voice.

Closer examination revealed a thin, nearly invisible ribbon of magical energy near the floor, crossing the archway.

After a moments hesitation Ron spoke up. "This is only a guess, but I'll bet that is an ancestry line, like the one surrounding the Blood stone."

"That makes perfect sense," Harry agreed. "And everyone here, except for Luna was able to cross that line." He paused, "and, as Luna is family, she could surely cross it also."

Luna smiled at the mention of family. "What Blood stone," she asked quietly. Hermione began to explain the Blood stone to Luna and their experience reinforcing the Manor wards.

Without hesitation, Harry crossed through the archway. There was a moment of uncertainty, then the statues all faced forward again. Harry waved them all forward and they made their way tentatively down the long corridor.

At the end was an identical archway which opened onto a stone platform at the edge of a great cavern. Harry drew his wand and cast a light out in to the darkness revealing what appeared to be a massive natural cave punctuated by large stalagmites and stalactites. There was the constant sound of slow dripping echoing through the space. From the edge of the platform stone steps formed a pathway which wound its way down toward the floor of the cave.

"This is a bit scary, isn't it?" Hermione asked in a small voice as she clung to Ron's side.

"Yes, it is," Ginny answered, clinging to Harry.

"Oh, I don't know," Luna said as she stepped forward and flicked her wand to illuminate its tip. "I think it is all rather exciting," she said. "Shall I lead the way?" She proceeded down the steps almost at a skip. The others hurried to keep up with her.

They followed the winding stone path as it made its way between towering stalagmites until it flattened out and after nearly ten minutes of walking began to ascend again. They climbed the stone steps until they reached another stone platform which seemed to end in nothing but the wall of the cave. Harry began examining the wall as the others looked around them.

"This lifeless place is giving me the creeps Harry," Ron said, "Do you think we are almost there?"

"I hope so," Harry said, still searching the wall for a hidden doorway.

"Lifeless?" Luna asked, no one in particular, "This place is hardly lifeless," she said. "You mean none of you have noticed?"

"Noticed what?" Ginny asked. They came nearer to Luna who was standing at the platform edge looking out across the cave.

"Harry," Luna said, "Would you recall your light for a moment?"

Curiously, Harry recalled his cast illumination which had been hovering above them the entire time. Luna's wand darkened and the others followed her lead. For a moment it seemed they were in total darkness.

Slowly as their eyes adjusted they began to see dimly illuminated forms in the darkness. Small luminescent shapes in red, pink, blue, green and yellow of various shades and hues. Soon it was a bit like looking at the night sky and they all stood staring in wonder. In the silence the shapes began to move about, and soon the chittering calls and throaty chirps of dark dwelling creatures began to echo amongst the drips and splashes of the void.

"All sorts of creatures live in caves," Luna said knowingly, "Lots of types of bugs, frogs, crabs and salamanders, many of which naturally give off light in the darkness." She continued, "I haven't seen any evidence of bats, which would mean that this cave system has no present openings to the outside and probably hasn't for decades. That makes it an ideal habitat for types of pixies, or gnomes, and other magical creatures. Given the presence of magical forces here, I would guess there are wondrous unidentified species that could take a lifetime to catalog." Luna was giddy with excitement.

"Wow," came a singular response from Ron.

"Luna," Hermione asked apprehensively, "You don't think there is anything dangerous down here?"

"Oh, I doubt it," she responded quickly. "I mean, frogs and salamanders can have poison venom, or skin excretions, but they would not consider anything as large as us as prey, and if there were pixies, or gnomes or other magical creatures they would have attacked us already if they were inclined to do so."

"Oh, that's comforting," Ginny said wryly.

"Luna..." Ron said slowly, "you said there were lots of bugs," he hesitated, "would that include spiders?"

"Absolutely," Luna responded with a huge smile.

"Harry," Ron said with a bit of urgency, "Maybe we can turn our attention to finding this treasure room... quickly."

They all turned to face the wall, and there, clearly visible now in the darkness, were two dimly illuminated hand prints. "I think we may have just done so," Harry said.

He stepped up to the wall and placed his hands against the prints. After a moment there came a loud cracking noise and the wall slowly moved apart revealing a large fissure beyond which was another stone corridor. Torches again crackled to life in the darkness.

At the far end of the short corridor was a tall iron double door. Seeing no latch or lock, Harry attempted Alohomora. With the loud protestation of dry rusty hinges, the iron doors swung open revealing what very much resembled a large Gringott's vault.

Piles of ancient irregular coins were strewn everywhere, overflowing large wooden chests and mixing with other piles of colorful gems and objects of silver and gold. Along the walls of the circular room were small carved alcoves housing suits of armor and weapons of every description. Everything seemed to be covered by layers of stone dust.

At the center of the room were two stone pedestals, carved like Roman columns. Standing next to each other, one was heavier and thicker with what appeared to be a glass globe set on top, while the other was covered with a bit of linen fabric.

They quickly scattered among the room the girls mostly admiring the numerous examples of jewelry, and fine objects, while Ron gravitated toward the suits of armor and weapons. Harry, however, went slowly, but directly toward the pedestals.

Hermione chirped out a terse warning. "Be careful what you touch. There could be lots of magical relics in here, and we cannot know what they may do."

"Most of these armor alcoves have nameplates attached," Ron called out. "This one here is labeled, Sir Duarte Ravensholm. There are maybe a hundred of these in here."

Harry approached the pedestals with a rising sense of anticipation, the words from his Grandfather's letter set in his mind. We have preserved the greatest object of the Wizarding world. An artifact so often sought after that it has passed into Wizard myth. An artifact I do not dare name in a letter.

He stopped before the smaller of the two stone bases. Slowly, he pulled away the linen drape to reveal a large book. He immediately recognized the Potter coat of arms impressed in the leather cover. His heart sank a little. How could an object such as an old book be the greatest object of the Wizarding world? "Hermione," he called, "I think this is within your forte. Why don't you come take a look?"

The girls all came in response to Harry's call. Ron continued examining the armor and weapons.

"What have you found Harry?" Hermione questioned as she got closer.

"A book," Harry replied. He had opened the cover revealing hand written pages but he didn't immediately recognize the writing. "The cover has my family coat of arms, but I am not sure I can read it? What do you think it is Hermione?"

Hermione waved him aside and delved into the open pages. "Oh, let's see," she said. "Well, it looks like it is in really old English, with some old Welsh mixed in. I am not sure I can read it either, at least not without taking some time." Her face fell into a familiar expression of concentration as she examined the text. "But, Harry," she paused, "I think this may be your family grimoire."

"Grimoire?" Harry asked, "I've heard that term before, isn't a grimoire supposed to be a book of magic?"

"Yes." Hermione answered. "Before schools like Hogwarts opened, wizard families commonly kept their knowledge of magic in hand written family diaries passed down from generation to generation. After schools began they started making books of magic as text books and grimoires fell out of fashion. After all, it was much easier to just get a collected book of spells."

"Oh, I remember about that from History of Magic," Ginny chimed in. "Once the Ministry was established they started collecting family grimoires from all over the country and developed the standard books of spells. Most families simply stopped the practice of keeping a grimoire and voluntarily sent their books into the Ministry. There was a huge row about it in the seventeen hundreds when Minister Rowle had the collection of grimoires destroyed so that the Ministry’s standard books would become the sole source of standardized magic. There was a huge uproar from families who wanted their books back, and he soon found himself out of office."

"There is a whole section of grimoires in the restricted section of the Hogwarts library," Hermione added. "Some families donated their books to the school, and those were never destroyed."

"I guess my family didn't want to give theirs away, then." Harry said.

"That's a good thing," Luna said. "A true grimoire contains much more than just spells, many had family histories and stories written in them, accounts of family achievements and unique feats of magic. My mother kept her family’s book and she continued to add to it right up until..." she paused and her eyes began to well a bit, "until she died."

"Oh, Luna," Ginny said empathetically, and moved to hug Luna.

"This is all wonderful, I suppose," Harry said, "But my family’s grimoire can hardly qualify as the greatest object of the Wizarding world." He quoted from his Grandfather's letter.

"Perhaps, Harry," Hermione said. "There is however, another book, one that has become legend, and myth to the Wizard world…" She had moved to the other pedestal and was actively brushing away the dust from the glass dome cover. "One that, if found, would be considered the greatest object of the Wizarding world." She reached up and grasped the glass dome, she pulled at it tipping it up. Harry stepped forward to help her and they hefted the heavy glass cover, lifting it away setting gently to the ground.

There atop the pedestal was an ancient-looking book. More like a huge collection of loose parchments stacked and collected into a heavy leather binder. It was worn and tattered, with leather ties literally worn to fibrous strings. Hermione approached it gently as though touching it might render the ancient pages to dust. Her fingers moved over the cover tracing runic markings there, but she didn't actually touch it.

"Harry!" Hermione gasped. "I think... I think, this may be..." she paused hardly able to put words to her thought. "The Book of Merlin," she whispered.

Ron came strolling up as they all stood in awe of Hermione's proclamation. "Hey, Harry, look here what I found." He was brandishing a large battle axe. "I think it is Caractacus' battle axe, the one from the memory. It was in an alcove over there." Ron pointed across the room. "That Muggle half breastplate thing is over there too." He paused taking in their odd expressions as they slowly turned toward him. "You know it was in the memory as well..." He paused again seeing no recognition of what he was talking about. "The Heart of the Hero."

____________ ___________________________
Please review - Thanks!
NEXT Chap ter Twenty-Three Godric's Hollow
Reviews 206
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear