Search:

SIYE Time:13:37 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter, MI-13 Agent Extraordinare
By Milarqui

- Text Size +

Category:
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 16
Summary: *** Winner of Best Overall, Characterization, and The People’s Choice Award in the Harry Bond 007 Challenge ***
Harry Potter, MI-13 Agent, is tasked to infiltrate Draco Malfoy's ball when rumours of Death Eaters trying to resurrect Voldemort become known. For this task, he is partnered with fellow Agent Ginny Weasley.

Sparks will jump between them before the mission is through, though...
Hitcount: Story Total: 15981; Chapter Total: 4405





Author's Notes:
I've written this one in three days. The reason I'm on this is because I'm stuck with HPATUV and Prodigy: Born Again.

Anyway, this story is probably a bit different from all others in this challenge, with a change in the backstory when compared to canon Harry Potter.

Also, there's a lot of characters I would have loved to write in but didn't, mostly because they would have little to no bearing to the story. For example, Neville and Luna would be married and working as part of the R&D department.

Anyway, I hope you like the story!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


1: Briefing

Harry woke up, grateful that he had not chosen to drink in celebration of another successful mission the night before, because it would have (a) left him with a huge headache that would become worse with the Alarm Charm and (b) probably put him in the very unwelcome situation of hooking up with yet another girl. Not that the idea of sex was uninteresting, or repulsive, but rather he knew that then said girl would always hound him to seek a repeated performance, and he did not want to use Memory Charms to make sure she would not be interested in him any more.

Besides, any woman that might try to go after him could be a liability in future missions if they recognised him.

Making a gesture with his hand to grab his wand, he turned off the Alarm Charm and jumped out of his bed, ready to begin the day. He had to meet with M in two hours and a half, and he would rather do so with a full stomach and well awake.

After a short shower and a good breakfast made of orange juice, bacon, eggs and toast, he felt ready to get on the road, so to speak. With a few wand waves to ensure everything was clean, and after casting the wards that would made it impossible for anyone but him to get into his flat, he Disapparated.

He appeared in the foyer of one of the most secretive offices of the British government, so secretive that Muggles only knew about it through a comic that did not even get on the reality of it all: MI-13, the intelligence agency in charge of watching over the British magical society and making sure that any would-be Dark Lords were nipped in the bud before they became too much of a danger.

MI-13 was a relatively young agency, which had only appeared in the 1970s after Voldemort destroyed the Ministry of Magic and nearly broke the Statute of Secrecy. The British Muggle government, with the support of the Ministry workers that had survived the attack or had not been there, had established a new Ministry of Magic directly under the control of the Prime Minister, and a complete revamping of the entire system had allowed the defeat of Voldemort. The last casualties had been James and Lily Potter, Harry's parents, who had been caught by Voldemort in dire straits and had managed to destroy him at the cost of their own lives when Harry was nine. Harry ended up in the care of by his father's best friends, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, and had eventually joined the same agency his parents had been founding members of.

Harry walked directly towards M's office, greeting those co-workers he encountered, and finally reaching the last obstacle before he could enter.

“Hello, Hermione,” he says with a grin. “Did you have a good time last night?”

Hermione Granger, a Muggle-born witch, was M's secretary, but that did not mean she was just that. Having one of the sharpest minds of the magical world, as well as an inquisitive personality and the ability to distinguish fact from fiction just by looking at a document or newspaper, she also moonlighted as an interrogator, researcher and, sometimes, as a field agent when her particular talents were required. Already enamoured with the James Bond films, she had taken to the job like a duck to water, especially after Harry recommended her to M, and her input had changed many things around for the better.

It was this Hermione Granger that glared at him while her cheeks reddened.

“Harry James, you do not want to go that way.”

“Well, right now I do sort of want it. Given the way you had put your legs around Ronald's waist the last time I saw you, I'd say it must have been interesting.”

Hermione grabbed her wand and fired a hex at him, which he easily stopped with a Protego Charm.

“Ugh. Can't I enjoy some quality time with my husband of two months without someone butting in?” she asked.

“Hey, hey, you know that I'm happy for you, I just wish you had taken your time to get into a private place, it is not good for my mental health to see my best friend having sex with someone, even if it is her husband.”

“Do I need to fire another one, Harry?”

“Nooooo.”

“Good.” Hermione put away the wand and pressed a button. “M, Potter has just arrived.”

“Let him through,” the witch at the other side answered.

“You've heard our boss, Harry.”

“Thanks, Hermione,” he replied, moving for the door and pushing it open.

At the other side, he found the office he had been in so many times already since he became a member of MI-13, mostly to get some briefings about his missions and a few other times to get scolded for screwing up something. It was quite austere, with the only decorations being a few portraits and photographs, including that of Her Majesty Elisabeth II. The only furniture was a table and three chairs, one of them already occupied by the current head of MI-13.

“Potter, take a seat,” M said, pointing at one of the chairs in front of her.

“Thanks, M,” he replied, looking at the witch.

M was only the second head of MI-13. The first, A (more known to the general population as the famed Sorcerer Albus Dumbledore), had suffered a fatal heart attack nine years before. M (real name Minerva McGonagall) had, before the establishment of MI-13, been the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, but had decided to follow Albus in his adventure in the world of espionage and become his deputy, replacing him after his death.

“So, what is it that you need me for now, M? I thought that, after managing to break up the third reincarnation of the Knights of Walpurgis, I'd be given a couple of days of rest.”

“I know, Potter, but you know that, in this world, there is little rest and too many threats. There is something that has just come up, something that could get us in the worst problems of the last decade, and you are MI-13's best agent, so we need you on the field now.”

“What is it?”

“A few days before he died, Albus had some people at the Research Department begin to work on something that could be of supreme importance. It was a project that was held in the utmost of secrets. It wasn't until last night that they told me about it, and that they had been able to confirm what Albus had asked them about.”

“They spent nine years on whatever Albus told them to work on?”

“Yes, Potter. Imagine how important and difficult it is that it took many people nine years working in the utmost secrecy to be able to confirm.”

“What is it, then?”

“Have you ever heard about Horcruxes?”

“I have heard something. Isn't that an Egyptian charm used to store a soul in a container?”

“Yes. When Bellatrix Lestrange was finally arrested ten years ago, an investigation was launched into the magical artefacts that were found in her private vault. One of them was found to be a Horcrux, but it was not known who made it, and Research had to do a lot of work to determine the truth.

“Potter, the Horcrux was made by Voldemort. And we think that the Death Eaters are reviving and trying to find a way to resurrect him.”

The only reason Harry's jaw didn't fall open was that his training allowed him to contain those feelings. He did, however, raise his eyebrows.

“How do you know that? The part about the Death Eaters attempting to resurrect him, I mean.”

“Snape told us that he was contacted by one of his old partners.”

Harry glared at this. Severus Snape had once been part of the Death Eaters, Voldemort's followers and main tool to spread panic. Snape had never been one of the raiders, though, but a spy, and had, at some point in the 1970s, become a double agent. Harry's dislike of him was of a more personal variety, though: Snape had all but stalked his family for years, supposedly as part of his job as Voldemort's spy, but mostly because he was obsessed with Lily Potter, and hated James Potter for marrying her. He suspected that Snape might have been the one to tell Voldemort where his parents would be, but could not prove it, and the only reason he had never gone after Snape was because Dumbledore had forced him to take an oath never to do so.

“Which one?”

“Augustus Rookwood.”

“Rookwood? The former Unspeakable?”

“Yes. He has apparently come out of hiding and has sent messages to all those that he feels would be interested in his idea. Of course, most of them would be the children of the former Death Eaters, but we have no proof of actual involvement.”

“What do you need me for, then?”

“Draco Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy's son, is hosting a great ball in three days, supposedly to celebrate the end of the War, but we suspect it is to cover a meeting between the Death Eaters. We do not know how exactly they plan to find a way to resurrect Voldemort, but Research indicates that Voldemort made several Horcruxes, so it is possible that Rookwood has somehow managed to find another Horcrux. In summary, we want you to infiltrate that party, bug their meeting and discover what they are up to.”

“You want me to go as my “Wayne” identity, right?” Harry asked. The “Wayne” identity had begun on a joke made by Dean Thomas, a Muggle-born that worked on Surveillance, referring to Bruce Wayne's double identity as millionaire Bruce Wayne and hero Batman, but MI-13 had taken the idea and used it for most of its agents, to be used as covers for their true activities. In Harry's case, he was an investor and owner of several companies, as well as purveyor of many appliances that had been developed in the last years, such as the “Prodigy Box”, a computer that worked completely with magic and that had become the beginning of what was called the Magitec Revolution by some people.

“Yes. You are quite fortunate that people cannot recognize you in sight, you can easily use that.”

“Uh, wait a moment,” Harry said, realizing something. “You said “Ball”. I do hope you won't...”

“Yes, Potter. You need a date, and we can't risk someone not in the know to get into a mess. We are assigning you a partner.”

“Come on, M, don't you remember the mess Chang got me in when we went together to bust Umbridge's slave ring? Or when Greengrass chose to run right behind me into Fudge's hideaway even after I told her to wait for me?”

“Yes, I do remember, Potter, there is no need for you to shout about it,” M replied. “As chronically unable to work with a partner as you are, circumstances force me to put you with another female partner, and I'll just hope Merlin will keep an eye on you two.”

“M, Ginny Weasley has arrived.”

“Let her through, Hermione.”

“Ginny Weasley? Hermione's sister-in-law?” Harry asked, vaguely remembering the woman. He knew she was the star Chaser of the Holyhead Harpies, and had won the league twice with them. He had met her during Hermione's wedding with Ronald Weasley, had in fact danced with her once, but he would have never thought she was another MI-13 agent. Another example of a flawless “Wayne” identity, apparently.

“Yes, Potter.”

Harry turned around and saw the red-haired woman that had just spoken enter the room. She had looked beautiful in her dress during the wedding, but now, wearing looser dark clothes, her hair wild instead of pulled into a ponytail, and still with those freckles that persisted despite her age, she looked impressive. Not to mention that spark in her eyes that denoted her strong personality.

Well, he also had a strong personality. At least, that's what many people told him. So, either they got on really well, or this would be come crashing down on them.

“Good, you know each other, that will save us the presentations.” M waved her wand as she explained the situation to Ginny Weasley, using an Attractor Charm to call a map and several documents to her from one of the wardrobes at the side.

“This here is a map of Malfoy Manor. The main reception for the ball will take place here,” she said, pointing at the biggest room of the building. “And we believe the Death Eater meeting will take place in this other room,” she pointed at other room, “as we have gained independent confirmation of special wards being placed here in this room over the last few days. We need you to plant a couple of bugs in that room, so that we may be able to learn the truth about their planning.”

“How formal is this ball going to be?” Harry asked.

“Old fashioned. So, yes, Potter, you'll have to wear dress robes.”

“Ugh.” If there was something Harry hated about the magical world, it was the absurd fashion code that had been prevalent before Voldemort. Robes? Merlin's sake, it made him feel like a monk or worse.

“Possible allies?” Ginny asked.

“We may be able to infiltrate a couple of extra people in there. Tonks is a probable candidate, as is Dobby.” Dobby was a free house elf that had come to work for Harry several years ago, but, since Harry did not give him a lot of work, he had taken to work for MI-13 for extra money, not that he actually needed it now.

“He was the Malfoy's elf, right?” Harry asked.

“Yes. He is the one that was able to catch on the warding of the room.”

“What is the actual situation with the room?”

“Weasley, your brother William should be more than able to provide you with the complete schematics, as well as how to cancel them for a few minutes without activating them. Best if you go down to Research after you get out of here, they have communicated me that they want to give you several things for your work.”

“Anything else of importance?”

“Please, for Merlin's sake, avoid trying to kill or arrest any of them unless it is completely necessary, we do not need them to change their plans all of a sudden and leave us without a trail.”

“Don't worry, M. We will act with the utmost care.”

“Good. I hope so. Now, you can go.”

Harry and Ginny stood up and, after shaking hands with the old witch, left the office.
Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear