Search:

SIYE Time:19:04 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Paintball Wizard
By cackling stump

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 319
Summary: The life of a typical American teenager (okay, maybe not so typical) is shaken by tragedy. Then he discovers a new world awaiting him, filled with new people, new struggles, and, perhaps, new love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 256028; Chapter Total: 4865
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
I know I am repeating myself, but Arnel's beta work yet again made this chapter so much better than my original draft. I don't think I can thank her enough.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The Vision Fulfilled

The morning after Harry had been taken away from Hogwarts by the Aurors, Ginny woke up and stretched before peeking out of the curtains surrounding her four-poster. She smiled when she saw that the sun had been up for a while. She had been up late last night and had decided to have a lie-in since there would be no classes today. Sinking back onto her pillows, she reflected how good it felt to have helped Harry the night before, even though they were hundreds of miles apart.

She had been sitting in the common room with Ron, Hermione, and Neville, worried about Harry and the pending trial the next day. They had been trying to think of how Harry might have inadvertently broken the Statue of Secrecy, but they came to the conclusion that he must have been unjustly accused.

As the evening proceeded, Ginny found herself getting more and more agitated. Sometime after midnight, Ron complained, “Oi, Ginny, stop pacing. You’re making us all more nervous.”

Ginny started to snap back at him when she realized that he had a point. “Sorry,” she said dejectedly. “I just can’t help it. I’m just so anxious for Harry. I wish there was something I could do. Why don’t you go to bed? I don’t think there is any way I am going to sleep tonight, but that’s no reason for you to stay up.”

The other three arose and made their way toward their respective dorms. Just before she went up the stairs, Hermione said to Ginny, “Are you sure you’re the one who is anxious, Ginny? Maybe there is something you can do,” she said with a wink.

Ginny considered what Hermione said for a moment before grasping what she meant. I must be feeling Harry’s nervousness! He’s just so far away that I didn’t detect that it was his and not mine! With a new determination, she went up to her bed, pulled the curtains, and concentrated on her Bond with Harry, trying to ignore the waves of unease that she could feel coming through now that she was aware of the issue. She then used all her willpower to send him a feeling of peace and encouragement. A few moments later she felt the anxiety fade, replaced with a feeling of contentment. Another few moments later, she felt this powerful wave of love and warmth envelope her which she could tell came from Harry as a thank you. She rolled over, pulled up her covers, and fell asleep.

As she remembered the previous night, she extended her senses through the Bond, and determined that her actions were still affecting him, as Harry seemed calm as he awaited his trial. With that check completed, she arose from bed and prepared for the day.

When she arrived down in the crowded common room, she eventually found Ron and Hermione snuggling together on a love seat. On the end table next to them was a plate and a scone, blueberry it appeared from a distance. As she approached them, Ron looked up and said, “Morning, Ginny.” He tilted his head toward the scone and added, “I brought you something from breakfast. I had a feeling you might be lying in today.”

She went over to her brother and kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks, Ron. That was very sweet.” She then said to Hermione with a cheeky grin, “And thanks to you, too, Hermione. A year ago, Ron would never have thought to bring me some breakfast.”

Ron began to protest when an announcement was heard throughout the castle. “All students are to proceed to their common rooms immediately,” said Professor McGonagall’s amplified voice. “The castle is under attack! Again, all students are to go to their common rooms and await further instructions. Prefects, please make sure everyone is accounted for.”

Hermione and Ron jumped up quickly and started for the portrait hole.

“Where are you two going?” asked Ginny.

“As part of the emergency procedures, the Head Boy and Girl are to report to the Headmaster’s office in situations like this,” explained Hermione.

“I’m coming with you,” said Ginny.

“I don’t know, Ginny,” said Hermione, uncertainty in her voice.

“Let me go to my room and get the Marauder’s Map. We can help Professor McGonagall determine where the attack is coming from.”

Ron, noticing his girlfriend’s internal conflict, said, “Hermione, she has a good idea, and there isn’t a student better at duelling here at the school, at least with Harry at the Ministry.”

Hermione acquiesced and Ginny ran up the stairs and obtained the map. When she returned, she activated it. “Look, the Death Eaters seem to be just appearing out of thin air here on the seventh floor,” said Ginny, pointing at the gathering of dots with names that didn’t match current students.

“They must be coming in through the Room of Requirement somehow,” concluded Ron.

“Now they are heading to the Headmaster’s office!” noticed Hermione.

“Professor McGonagall is trapped with only the gargoyle to protect her. Hermione, you and I will never get to Professor McGonagall by ourselves,” said Ron. He thought for a moment before an idea came to him. “If we take a few DA members with us, we can hide here and here,” indicating a suit of armour and a statue on either side of the corridor, “and be able to surprise them. There is enough room for two of us in each spot. From there, we should have enough cover to protect us and not have to risk much.”

Ron looked out at the faces in the common room. “Neville, I want you to come with Hermione, Ginny and me. We’re going ambush some Death Eaters and try to free Professor McGonagall. Dean, Seamus, Lavender, and Colin, I want you four to stand guard here around the portrait hole. Move some furniture to give you protection.” He viewed the rest of the Gryffindors that had gathered. “Everyone else, I want you in your dorm rooms. I want at least one fifth or sixth year student in each room. After everyone is inside, move a wardrobe in front of the door to prevent anyone from getting in.” He paused and then asked, “Any questions?” Seeing none, he added, “Good. Everyone go to your positions.”

Ron turned to Hermione. “Can you send a message on the DA coins to the members of the other houses to do the same thing in their common rooms? We’ve practiced this and they should know the drill. While you’re doing that, I’ll show Neville the plan.”

A few moments later, the four Gryffindors were stealthily heading towards the Headmaster’s office. Using the Map to locate the Death Eaters, they found a safe pathway. As they neared their adversaries, they cast Disillusionment Charms on each other. They rounded the corner and spied their targets. There were six Death Eaters congregated around the gargoyle with two of them firing spells at the stone statue, but nothing seemed to affect it, not even Reducto.

Ron and Hermione took cover behind the suit of armour on the right while Ginny and Neville hid behind the statue. Ron tapped his foot as a signal to start and the quartet started casting spells at the Death Eaters. Three were dropped immediately by Stunning Spells, but the remaining three turned and returned fire.

Both pairs used strategies they had worked on in the DA to duel their opponents. Ron and Hermione timed their spells so that Hermione would cast first, causing their adversary to dodge one direction to avoid the spell, but then Ron would cast a split second after Hermione, aiming where he guessed their opponent would be after dodging. Ginny, would concentrate on her relationship with Harry and then cast as strong a spell as possible, collapsing the shield of the Death Eater. Neville would follow up with another spell before the rival could erect another shield. The two strategies worked well and the three remaining Death Eaters were soon dispatched. The fact that they were all out in the open while the students were behind cover helped as well.

All six Death Eaters were Stunned and tied up in ropes quickly. “Hermione, you and Neville go up to check on Professor McGonagall,” said Ron. “Ginny and I will use the Map to see how the rest of the battle is going.” Hermione said the current password to the Headmaster’s office and the gargoyle stepped aside, allowing her and Neville to enter.

Ginny pulled out the Map, activated it, and the siblings studied it for a moment. “It looks like they are trying to get into Gryffindor tower,” said Ron. “Let’s ambush them. I’ll go around this corridor and approach them from the east while you go this way and come at them from the west. We’ll catch them in some crossfire that way.”

“I don’t see any other Death Eaters on the Map, so that idea looks good,” agreed Ginny. She said, “Mischief managed,” and put the map in her robes. She stood up on tiptoes and kissed Ron on the cheek. “Good hunting, bro,” she said with a grin, before running off to the agreed upon spot.

As she approached the hallway with the portrait, she peeked around the corner. They are still there, but they can’t seem to get past the portrait. She looked again past the group. Ron’s not here yet, but he did have the longer pathway. She waited, itchy to engage the Death Eaters in battle, but knowing that Ron’s plan gave them a better chance of victory. She took a deep breath, trying to relax. I wonder how Harry’s doing? was her last thought before everything went black.

**********

As soon as they heard what was occurring at Hogwarts, Dumbledore asked, “Harry, use your Bond and assess how Miss Weasley is feeling.”

Harry did as asked and responded, “It seems like she is a little nervous, but her primary feeling is, I guess, amusement.” He smiled and added, “Whatever is happening there, she’s having fun!”

“That is encouraging,” the Headmaster replied with a twinkle in his eye. “Let’s head up to the Atrium and use the Floo to travel to school and see how we can help.” When they arrived at the fireplaces, they found that they couldn’t make the connection to the school. “They must have disabled the Floo,” said Dumbledore.

“I’ll just Apparate directly to Ginny, then,” said Harry. He began to concentrate on Ginny’s location, but Dumbledore put his hand on Harry’s arm.

“While I understand your enthusiasm to go directly to Miss Weasley, I think it would be best if we stay together, and I can’t Apparate with you into Hogwarts.” Ginny and Harry had done some experimenting earlier in the spring at the Headmaster’s recommendation and had discovered that their abilities did not allow Side-Along Apparation inside Hogwarts.

Dumbledore paused, letting Harry consider his comment. “Instead, let’s Apparate to Hogsmeade and then approach the castle from there. That will allow us more opportunity to scout the extent of the attack.” Harry nodded in agreement. They jogged quickly to the Ministry Apparation point. “The alley behind The Three Broomsticks, then?” suggested Dumbledore. Harry nodded again and they disappeared from the Ministry.

Seconds later, they were in the shadow of the pub. As soon as they arrived, they noticed a skull with a snake in the sky above the castle and saw that the village was under siege. They slipped through back alleys and around corners to evade detection, but as they reached the outskirts of the main part of town, they saw that there were multiple skirmishes on the path between the village and the school between Death Eaters and villagers. “It will take us too long to get through all those fights; we need to get to Hogwarts more quickly,” whispered Dumbledore.

“Headmaster, are you aware of the tunnel from Honeydukes that opens behind the statue of the one-eyed crone in the Defence hallway? It could get us into the castle without having to battle our way in.”

Dumbledore nodded. “Excellent idea, Harry! I haven’t used that passage for years, but I know that it is used fairly frequently by students,” he said with a wink. The pair then made their way to Honeydukes, which was closed because of the attack. Dumbledore waved his wand, unlocking the door. They then hurried to the back of the shop, went down to the cellar, and entered the tunnel. Harry led the way, the lit tip of his wand lighting their path.

At the other end, Harry said, “Dissendium” and the statue pivoted, allowing him into the hallway. Before his eyes could adjust to the brighter light, he heard someone yell, “Potter! Get him! Confringo! ” Harry dove out of the way as the spell hit the tunnel opening and he started firing spells in the direction of the voices, bringing down one of the Death Eaters immediately.

As the dust cleared, he spied three more Death Eaters. He quickly cast a Shield Charm as he saw a spell flying toward him. The shield blocked the spell, but collapsed immediately. Concentrate, Potter! he told himself. Think about Ginny when you are casting. He heard the Death Eater on his left yell, “Sectumsempra! ” Not having enough time to cast another shield, he dropped to the ground, letting it pass over his head. Unfortunately for the Death Eater on his right, the spell hit him in the chest, opening a large gash. The Death Eater fell to the ground, blood pouring from his wound and from his mouth as he gasped for air.

Only two left, thought Harry as he turned his attention to the remaining opponents. One of them said, “Together! Stun him!”

Harry had enough warning to yell, “Protego! ” while thinking about Ginny’s beaming face when she saw him come in the common room after classes. The shield, while not as strong as one cast if the couple was touching, was much stronger than his previous attempt. Both of the red beams were reflected back towards its caster. The Death Eater on the left was surprised and could not react quickly enough before the spell rendered him unconscious.

Harry turned to face the one remaining foe. The Death Eater reached up and threw his mask across the corridor. Harry gasped as he recognized the wizard. His adversary smiled malevolently and laughed. “I see you know who I am. Yes, I was the one who killed your parents, and, now, I will kill you. You’ve been the cause of much pain the last few months, so I am going to enjoy this!” Avery assumed a duelling pose before slashing with his wand.

A yellow light raced at Harry and he dove to his left, quickly rolling over and landing on his feet. “Not bad,” said Avery. “My Lord complained about your dodging his spells.” Avery flicked his wand twice swiftly, sending two spells almost simultaneously. Unable to dodge both of them, Harry cast another shield while thinking of Ginny’s face. The first spell was absorbed by the shield, but the second caused it to fail. Harry was preparing to cast another shield when he saw that Avery had cast a third spell. He was unable to either cast a spell or dodge before it sliced through his right shoulder, causing him to drop his wand.

Avery laughed and said, “Now, I’ve got you! You can’t even hold your wand!” Avery lifted his arm and yelled, “Expulso!

Harry was able to dodge the blue spell, but when it hit the wall behind him, the explosion threw him forward. He rolled again, and came up in a crouch, his right arm lying against his side, useless. He reached out his left hand and yelled, “Accio wand!” His wand rocketed to his hand and he felt it slap against his palm. He quickly cast two Stunners, one of which crumpled Avery’s shield, the second rendered the shocked Death Eater unconscious.

Harry fell down on one knee, panting with the exertion from the duel. Good thing that I worked so hard on casting with my left hand with Ginny! he thought with a grin. After a moment of rest, he stood and bound the three Death Eaters who were still alive. He turned his head, surveying the damage done in the skirmish, and saw the statue of Gunhilda had been obliterated; all that was left was a pile of rubble.

”Professor!” he yelled as he realized that the Headmaster must be under the wreckage. Oh, no! I totally forgot about him! he thought. He ran back to the pile of rocks and used his wand to start removing the debris. After several minutes, he saw the tip of Dumbledore’s hat and then dug frantically with his hands, although the inability to use his right arm slowed him down significantly. He eventually was able to unearth the old man’s face and was relieved when he saw his eyes blink. “Professor, hold on! We’ll get some help for you, just hold on!” Harry quickly sent Patronus messages to Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Madam Pomfrey.

Harry saw Dumbledore’s lips moving as if he was trying to say something, so he leaned over so he could hear better. “Harry, the next – great adventure is – beckoning – me.” He was struggling to speak, gasping at each pause.

“Don’t talk, Professor. Just rest until help arrives.”

“No, I – must tell you – something. The answer – is – Riddle. Study – him.” His head drooped to the side and his eyes just stared into space. Harry checked for breathing and then a pulse and found none, so he removed some more debris from the Headmaster’s chest and started the rescue breathing and chest compressions of CPR, despite the searing pain in his right shoulder with each compression. In rhythm with the compressions, he said, “Please, Professor, hang on. You have to make it. We need you. I need you.” Sweat and tears mixed on his face as he worked to keep his mentor alive.

Harry wasn’t sure how long he continued to perform CPR, but as he was starting to tire and was giving a rescue breath, he heard Ron’s voice say, “Bloody hell, Harry, what are you doing?”

As Harry looked up, he saw Hermione holding Ron’s arm, restraining him. “It’s okay, Ron; Harry’s doing something called CPR that Muggles use to keep blood circulating after the heart stops beating.” She approached Dumbledore and told Harry, “Stop, Harry. Let’s check to see if there is any pulse.” She put her fingers over his neck for a few moments and eventually sighed miserably, “Nothing. I’m sorry, but he’s gone.” She had tears in her eyes as she looked up at him.

Ron, Hermione, and Harry grabbed each other in a group hug for a few moments before Madam Pomfrey arrived, who concurred with Hermione’s assessment. She then looked at Harry, and said, “Mr Potter, what happened to your arm?”

Harry looked down at his right arm and found that his robes were soaked with blood. “My shoulder was hit with a Slashing Curse. It’s been pretty useless since.”

Madam Pomfrey muttered, “Tsk,” as she waved her wand over his shoulder. She ripped open his robe, exposing the gash. She then said, “Vulnera Sanentur,” three times and the wound knitted together. She then said, “Tergeo,” to clean the blood off his clothes. While she worked, Harry looked around and saw that Ginny had not arrived with the rest of his friends.

“Where’s Ginny?” he asked anxiously. “I sent her a Patronus also, but she hasn’t responded.”

“I haven’t seen her for probably thirty minutes,” said Ron. “We were supposed to meet up at the Fat Lady’s portrait to take down some more Death Eaters, but she never arrived.” Seeing Harry’s face, he said, “Don’t worry, Harry, she can take care of herself,” attempting to reassure his best mate.

“I know she can, but if she hasn’t responded yet, she may be in trouble.” He concentrated on finding her through the Soul Bond and located her in the Forbidden Forest. He had just started running in the direction of the Entrance Hall when a loud, booming voice reverberated throughout the castle and he stopped.

“Potter, I know you are here. I have your woman and the only way for you to save her is to come alone and face me. I know you know where we are. You have fifteen minutes.”

Harry thought to himself, Well, we knew this was going to happen; I guess it’s time. He took a deep breath and started to walk toward the front doors.

Hermione had caught up to him by that time and grabbed his arm. “Harry, you can’t go; we have to think of something else!”

“She’s right, mate. You can’t just walk into that trap,” added Ron.

Harry gaped at Ron for a moment before asking, “Ron, what would you do if it was Hermione down in the forest, and you knew the only chance to save her would likely result in your death? Would you hesitate to make that sacrifice?” Ron looked down, and shook his head. “Or you, Hermione, if it was Ron?” She also shook her head. “How then can you ask me to not make that same choice?”

They looked at each other for a moment before Hermione pulled him into a hug, sobbing. Ron said, “At least let us go with you, maybe under your cloak.”

“No, you heard what he said; I have to do this alone.” He then hugged Ron and, after freeing himself from his best friend, he said, “Ginny’s going to need your help, you two, so please do what you can for her. And trust her feelings; she’s the key to defeating Voldemort once I’m gone. I love both of you more than you can know.” He gave them each another quick hug and took a moment took a moment to prepare himself to meet the fate Hermione had seen before Apparating about a quarter mile from his Soul Mate.

**********

Ginny awoke slowly and groaned at the pain in her head. She tried to bring her arms up, but found she was tied to a tree. She opened her eyes, but closed them quickly as the bright sunlight increased her headache. She opened her eyes more cautiously, squinting to avoid the pain. She looked around and realized she was in a clearing in a forest. It’s happening! Hermione’s vision! She closed her eyes and tried to calm herself. She tried to think of escape options, but she felt like her thoughts were foggy, and thinking increased her headache. I must have a concussion. She studied her surroundings and saw that her wand was resting on a nearby stump. Concentrating on her magic, she thought, Accio wand, but it felt like her head was splitting in two. Guess wandless magic is out of the question.

She reached out through her Bond, and sensed that Harry was here at Hogwarts. She could tell that he seemed to be resting after exerting himself, and then she felt a spike of extreme fear. Maybe I can help, she thought and attempted to Apparate to him, but the pain in her head was too great. I probably shouldn’t Apparate either. Could end up Splinched.

She tried to think of anything she could do to escape from this scenario, but nothing came to her. I have to do something! I can’t let Harry die! Panic started to set in and tears threatened to fall. No, Ginny! You are not going to cry! Harry needs you to stay alert and focused!

She reached out again, and she felt a wave of sadness hit her. What could have caused Harry to be so sad? I hope everyone is okay.

She heard a twig snap to her left and she turned her head quickly, regretting the action almost instantly. She blinked back the pain and saw the woman who had been torturing Neville in Hogsmeade walking toward her. She now recognized her as Bellatrix Lestrange from various photographs of her in The Daily Prophet that had been printed since that attack.

“I see Potter’s little whore is awake,” she said, a sneer on her face. “How’s your head? You really shouldn’t let enemies hit you from behind,” she added with a short cackle. Bellatrix reached out and grabbed Ginny’s face roughly, squeezing her cheeks. Ginny tried to avoid her hand, but just hit her head on the trunk of the tree, causing even more pain. Bellatrix laughed some more and turned Ginny’s face back and forth. “You really are a pretty one; I can see why Potter would want to bed you. Using you as bait to bring Potter to my Dark Lord was an inspired idea.” She let go of Ginny’s face and started to walk away.

“And where is Tom? Too afraid to show his face?” Ginny challenged defiantly.

Bellatrix spun quickly, her face full of rage, and slapped Ginny so hard that her head slammed back into the tree again. “How dare you speak of my Lord so insolently?! You will respect him properly or I will make you respect him!” the crazed witch hissed as she held her wand millimetres from Ginny’s nose. Ginny could taste blood in her mouth from the force of the blow.

“Now, now, my dear Bellatrix,” said Voldemort as he emerged from the trees to Ginny’s left. Ginny gasped as she saw Riddle, realizing that yet another part of Hermione’s vision seemed to be coming to fruition. “There is no need to threaten our guest here. After all, the time for her to fulfil her purpose here has arrived.”

Voldemort pointed his wand at his throat, and said, “Sonorus.” He then dropped his wand, and his amplified voice filled the forest. “Potter, I know you are here. I have your woman and the only way for you to save her is to come alone and face me. You know where we are. You have fifteen minutes.” He pointed his wand at his throat again and said, “Quietus,” cancelling the amplification.

The volume of Voldemort’s challenge caused Ginny to wince in pain and she closed her eyes. Please, Harry, don’t come! It’s not worth it! There must be some other way out of this, she cried out desperately in her mind, hoping against hope that he could hear her. But that hope was crushed a few moments later when she heard footsteps rustling through the leaves to her right. She looked up and saw Harry approaching, his shoulders sagging as if they bore the weight of the world.

His head came up as he entered the clearing and their eyes locked. “No! Harry, save yourself! Run!” she yelled at him, tears again threatening to fall. She could see the sadness in his eyes, and then heard his voice in her head say, I wish I didn’t have to put this you through this, Gin.

Harry started toward her, but before he could take more than a step, Bellatrix yelled, “Crucio! ” pointing her wand at Ginny. Ginny felt like tiny knives were cutting her throughout her body. She struggled against her bindings and screamed in agony. After a few seconds, Bellatrix lifted the curse and warned, “No closer, Potter, or the next time I won’t stop. My Lord has told me to keep my eye on her to keep you from her.” When Ginny looked up, she saw that Harry was on his knees, trying to shake off the effects of the pain he felt through their Bond.

Harry stood up and held his head high as he stared at Riddle. Voldemort stared back for a second, but then his head jerked back. “I see your Occlumency barriers are indeed strong, Potter.” He grinned evilly and said, “I’ve always thought that Soul Bonds are just myths and ‘true love’ is just an excuse for weakness. Care to prove to me that your Soul Bond isn’t just a charade? Do you truly love her?”

“Of course, I do.” Ginny’s heart leapt and she was filled with love for this wonderful man.

“Willing to give up everything for her?” asked Voldemort. “To die for her?”

“Yes, anything as long as you let her go.”

“I will, but only after I’m done with you.”

“How can I trust you to not do anything to her?”

With a malevolent smile on his face, Voldemort replied, “You can’t, other than my word that I will let her go. But once you are dead, she is of no concern to me, so why wouldn’t I let her go?”

“Don’t listen to him, Harry! He lies more than he tells the truth,” pleaded Ginny.

Voldemort chuckled evilly. “That may well be, but you don’t have any choice but to trust me, Potter, or she’s dead.” Voldemort nodded in Ginny’s direction and Bellatrix put her wand to Ginny’s throat.

Harry’s shoulders sagged in resignation. “Okay. What do you want with me?”

“First, throw your wand toward me.” Harry complied and Voldemort continued, “Now, put your hands in your pockets so you can’t do any wandless magic.” Ginny saw Harry take another deep breath before he complied. “Now, come closer and kneel before me, as you should, showing that I am your superior in every way.”

As Harry began walking, Voldemort turned his head toward her and Ginny felt a sudden sharp pain in her head. She could feel Tom rifling through her memories and she closed her eyes and concentrated on building a stone wall to repel him. She didn’t realize she was screaming until the pain stopped and she heard her scream cease. Her head dropped and she panted as she recovered from the violation of her mind. She was barely cognizant that Riddle was speaking to Harry again. “Just had to take advantage of my link with Ginevra and make sure you didn’t have some deception planned.”

Ginny looked up again and her eyes met Harry’s again. Ginny, I have a plan. Trust me and trust your feelings. I love you. She could no longer hold back the tears when he turned back to Voldemort and knelt. Harry gazed up at Voldemort, looking him straight in the eye and said, “This is not the end, Tom. Even if I am gone, someone will figure out a way to defeat you.”

“I wouldn’t count on it, Potter. I know the prophecy, you know, and you are the only one who can defeat me. ‘Either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives. ’ I guess we now know which way it ends.” He lifted his wand and shouted, “Avada Kedavra!

To Ginny, time slowed down as she watched the eerie green light travel from Voldemort’s wand through the space between them. Just before it struck Harry in the chest, it looked like he flinched at the last moment and he fell away from it fractions of a second before it struck its target. She screamed again, “NO!” and Harry crumpled to the ground.

Voldemort raised his wand to the sky and triumphantly yelled, “Morsmordre! ” and the familiar skull and snake image of the Dark Mark appeared in the clouds. Bellatrix’s head flew back and she cackled loudly in celebration. Voldemort then looked at Ginny and laughed maniacally, “I have won; now nothing can stop me!” He walked over to Ginny, who was sobbing, and reached a spidery hand towards her cheek. Ginny cringed as he touched her. “Now, now, my Ginevra, it is time for you to fulfil your destiny. Come with me as it always should have been.”

“I’ll never be yours, Tom!” as she spit in his face.

“That’s where you’re wrong, Ginevra. You’ve been mine since the day you first wrote in my diary. And I can be patient. You will come to me one day. Bellatrix, perhaps you can do some persuading of our young woman here; I have other matters to deal with.” He pulled a small vial out of a pocket of his robes, tapped it with his wand and disappeared.

Bellatrix turned back to Ginny and surprised her by saying, “Finite Incantatem,” releasing her from her bonds. Ginny collapsed to the ground, looking over at Harry’s lifeless body. She started to crawl toward him, but her body was thrown backwards and she was held to the ground on her back, her arms pinned to the forest floor by invisible ropes. Then her body was racked with pain again as the witch held the Cruciatus on her. After what seemed like minutes, she was released. “That will teach you to refuse the Dark Lord’s offer. Are you ready to go to him, or do I need to use some other tactics?” She pulled a knife out her robes and knelt down, holding the edge of the blade against Ginny’s cheek. “I would hate to ruin that beautiful face of yours, but I think my Lord would understand.”

Suddenly, Bellatrix was hit by a spell and was thrown off Ginny, landing a few feet away from her. “NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!” Ginny’s head turned toward the voice to see her mother leading a group of Order members toward her. Bellatrix crouched, and seeing that she was outnumbered, tapped a broach on her shoulder with her wand and the Portkey took her away. As soon as she was gone, the invisible ropes holding Ginny in place dissolved, allowing her to get up and she ran over to Harry’s body. She picked up his head and placed it in her lap, and looked into his face with its lifeless eyes. “No, it can’t be! It can’t be!” she wailed through her tears. She grabbed his body and held it, rocking back and forth as the sobs racked through her. She was unsure how long she sat there crying and rocking when she felt a soft touch on her shoulder.

“Ginny, he’s gone,” she heard Hermione say gently.

“No, I can still feel him; he can’t be dead!”

“I’m sorry, Ginny, but no one can survive the Killing Curse.”

“He already did once! I know he’s not dead!” she almost screamed back at her best friend.

Ron put his arms around her and she finally let go of Harry’s body. All she could do was hold on to her brother with everything she had as she continued to weep.

Reviews 319
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear