Search:

SIYE Time:13:04 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Paintball Wizard
By cackling stump

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 319
Summary: The life of a typical American teenager (okay, maybe not so typical) is shaken by tragedy. Then he discovers a new world awaiting him, filled with new people, new struggles, and, perhaps, new love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 256040; Chapter Total: 5072
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay in posting this, but real life got in the way. Thanks again to Arnel for her beta work; she had some wonderful suggestions to improve this chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Unite My Being With Yours

Harry walked out to the marquee that had been erected for the wedding about 3 hours before the ceremony was due to start. He looked at the chairs that had been set up and gasped. Only twenty chairs were necessary to hold all of the guests. Guilt at what he was doing to Ginny’s ‘dream wedding’ threatened to overtake him. His head drooped and his shoulders sagged.

He then felt a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry, son. It may not be the storybook wedding that most girls imagine, but remember she’s been fantasizing about marrying you since she was a toddler, and so this really is going to be a dream come true.” Harry was shocked at how easily Arthur had read his thoughts. “Come on, let’s get you ready.”

**********

Harry stood on the platform, Ron at his side, rocking from his heels to his toes, back and forth in nervous energy. Ron put a hand on his shoulder. “Calm down, mate. She’ll be here in a moment.” Harry stopped rocking as he saw Molly escorted down the aisle by the twins, sitting in the first row on the bride’s side, already with handkerchief in hand and mascara starting to run. He then looked across the aisle to the groom’s side. In the first row were four portraits, James and Lily Potter and Mark and Angela Pelton. His eyes misted a little, wishing they could be here in person to witness his happiness on this day. In the second row sat Sirius and Aubrey and Remus and Tonks. It seemed fitting that his birth parents’ best friends be there as they were his only link to them. Lydia sat next to Sirius and occasionally they whispered back and forth. Harry’s heart was warmed that the two of them were getting along so well. She deserves someone to watch over her, he thought.

Harry’s attention was brought back to the processional when Ron let out a gasp behind him as Hermione appeared. “She’s beautiful,” he whispered.

“Just make sure you tell her that when you get the chance, Ron,” Harry said out of the side of his mouth.

A few moments later, it was Harry’s turn to gasp. Ginny arrived at the back of the tent, her arm entwined with her father’s, who was beaming. He had thought that she couldn’t look any more beautiful than the first time he met her on the train platform, but today she was a vision. She was wearing her mum’s wedding gown, he knew, but they had kept him away so he had not seen it until this moment. The fabric was white, simple, and unadorned with lace or other decoration, but it had a luster, sort of like a pearl. It didn’t quite glow, but it almost looked like it had its own light source. It was off the shoulder, exposing her neck and upper chest, with just a hint of cleavage, showing off the freckles that he loved to kiss so much. It had three-quarter length sleeves and a simple bodice, which fit her perfectly. The A-line skirt, which hung just below her knees, fluttered slightly as she walked down the aisle. Her hair, which seemed like it was fire the colour was so bright, was up, also emphasizing her neck, but a few tendrils curled on either side of her face. But it was her face that really drew his attention, as it reflected all of his feelings at the moment exactly. Her brown eyes were glued to his, mirroring his love for her right back at him. Her smile reflected the joy that was threatening to explode out of his chest. What did I do to deserve such a woman that I can share everything with? thought Harry. As they had rehearsed, as Ginny and her father approached the platform, Harry stepped down to join them.

The minister started the ceremony by asking, “Who gives this woman to this man in marriage?”

Arthur responded, “Her mother and I do.”

“And do you bless this union?”

“We do,” Mr and Mrs Weasley said in unison. At this, Mr Weasley kissed his daughter on the cheek, and sat down next to his wife.

“Who gives this man to this woman in marriage?”

“I, his godfather, do,” said Sirius, who had just stood.

“And do you bless this union?”

“I do.”

The couple turned to each other and joined hands before walking together up the steps to the minister. The minister then started talking, prattling on about marriage and love, but after a few moments, Harry couldn’t listen to him any longer as he gazed into Ginny’s eyes. He leaned down and whispered in her ear, “Mawwage, mawwage is what bwings us togevah today,” causing her to giggle and slap him playfully on the shoulder.

The minister, obviously not paying attention, continued on as if nothing had happened. After the minister was done with his mini-sermon, he looked at Harry and said, “The couple has decided to recite these traditional Celtic vows of their love for each other. Harry, you first.”

“Ginevra Molly, I pledge to love you, to care for you and comfort you for all of our days. I pledge to you my living and my dying, each equally in your care. I pledge to be a shield for your back and you for mine. I will not slander you, nor you me. I will adore, cherish, and honour you above all others. I pledge to you that yours will be the name I cry out in the middle of the night, and yours will be the eyes I look into in the morning. I pledge to listen to you and grow to be a better person for you. I pledge to help you in your times of need and to be patient and considerate of you. These are my wedding vows to you. May they hold true until the end of our days.”

“Now you, Ginevra.”

Ginny repeated the vow Harry had just made, substituting his name for her own. At the end of her speech, she paused, squeezed his hand, and added, ”I love you, Harry James Potter, I always have and I always will.”

Harry responded, “I love you, too, Ginny, the girl of my dreams,” winking at her.

The minister then asked Ron and Hermione for the rings. “These gold bands that the bride and groom exchange are symbolic of their love. They are made from gold, the most precious of all metals, as their love is most precious to them. They are circular, with no beginning and no end, signifying that their love will continue forever. Harry, please place your ring on Ginevra’s hand and repeat after me.”

Harry took the ring from Ron and slid it onto Ginny’s left hand. “With this ring, I thee wed. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you.” Harry repeated the vow and then Ginny did the same as she placed her ring on Harry’s hand.

“The final part of the ceremony is the bonding of the couple’s magic. At this time, I ask all of you to put on the spectacles that were handed out by the ushers as you were seated.” As everyone pulled out what looked like sunglasses and placed them on their faces, Hermione suppressed a chuckle, remembering the discussion concerning this part of the ceremony. Arthur had actually had several welding helmets in his garage, thinking they were Muggle storage bins. The glass from the helmets had been used to make the special light-blocking glasses for the ceremony.

“Before doing the uniting spell,” the minister continued, “the Maid of Honour asked me to explain that these glasses will diminish the intensity but not block the results of the spell and that, while you don’t have to wear them the rest of the evening, because if you did, it would be like having the reception in the dark without any light, it is recommended that any time you look at the bride and groom together, you wear them.” This prompted some whispering in the crowd, as they weren’t sure what to expect.

The minister then said “Fateor res,” tapping each of them on the top of the head. Harry felt a tingling travel over his whole body and when he looked at Ginny she was surrounded by a pale yellow radiance. Looking down, he saw that he was also enveloped by a similar glow. “Next,” the minister continued, “touch your wands together and repeat after me: Junctum meus res per vestri.” As they said this in unison, the yellow auras that surrounded them slowly travelled up their wands until they met at the tips. The two auras then combined into a white spark, like a small star, almost blinding in its intensity. Then the white glow travelled back down the wands and then Harry and Ginny felt the same tingling as before but stronger as it wrapped around them. The two gasped as the tingling grew until it felt like they were surrounded by static electricity. Occasionally little sparks would jump off of them, leaping for the other. In addition to this strange feeling, they could sense the other’s magic in a way that they couldn’t describe. It was as if they had a new sixth sense. As they dropped their wands and grasped hands together, it was like an electric shock travelled between them. It reminded them of the sensations when they first kissed, but with much more intensity.

Had they been paying attention, Harry and Ginny would have heard gasps of amazement and murmuring from the audience as the glow surrounding them became more and more intense as it gradually filled the whole marquee before it dissipated, but the couple was totally unaware of the rest of the world as they experienced this change in their magic.

After an indeterminate time, at least to Harry and Ginny, stimuli from the outside world began to penetrate their consciousness. They heard the minister say, “By the power vested in me by the Ministry of Magic, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” In a whispered voice and a knowing smile, the minister added for just Harry and Ginny’s ears, “Careful now.”

They looked at him quizzically for a second, but as they leaned in for the kiss, they understood. As their lips approached each other, the magic that surrounded them became even stronger. It was like two flames coming together, just barely touching at first, but as their lips met, the flames swirled around them, gathering them into a fiery tornado, which became stronger and stronger and seemed to be pushing them together with a force unlike any either had ever felt, and they couldn’t break it. At the same time, their hearts raced uncontrollably and it felt like they were going to burst out of their chests. They lost all sense of time and were completely unmindful of their surroundings. At that moment, it was just the two of them and the rest of the world didn’t even exist. It was only with great effort that they were able to pull their lips apart, and, when they did, they were awash with a sudden light-headedness and a feeling like all of the air had been squeezed out of their lungs. They grabbed each other’s arms as their knees became so weak that, had they not been holding on to each other, they would have fallen. They just stared at each other for a moment while they caught their breath before Ginny whispered breathlessly, “Wow!”

“Yeah, wow,” replied Harry between gasps.

As their breathing normalized and their hearts slowed, Harry felt a hand on his shoulder and someone asking, “Alright there, mate?” Harry was confused for a moment and then gradually became aware of Ron trying to get his attention and the rest of the world came back to him. The ability to hear their surroundings returned slowly and the noise from the audience clapping and cheering progressively grew louder.

The minister whispered one more time, with a wink, “I warned you, didn’t I?” He directed them to turn and face the audience. “Wizards and witches, I have the honour of presenting to you for the first time, Mr and Mrs Harry Potter!” Ron pounded Harry on the back while Ginny turned and hugged Hermione. Then, Harry and Ginny grasped hands, turned toward the small crowd, and shakily walked back down the aisle, accepting hugs of congratulations from their friends and family.

When they had greeted all of their guests and reached the back of the marquee, they turned around and saw that the area had already been transformed. In the place of the altar, was the head table with two chairs for the bride and groom. There were also several small tables with four to six chairs around them for the other guests. To the left was a long buffet table, filled to overflowing with food. Harry saw Dobby popping in and out, enabling Molly to enjoy the festivities and not have to do all of the work.

Molly whispered to the couple, “Come on you two, you need to fill your plates first, and then everyone will follow.” Harry and Ginny did as they were directed and sat at the head table with full plates. The guests quickly went through the buffet line and sat as well. At one table sat Ron, Hermione, Molly, and Arthur. The rest of the Weasleys sat at another table, while Professor McGonagall, Remus, Tonks, Sirius, Aubrey, and Lydia sat at the last table. As soon as everyone was seated, Arthur stood and said, “As the father of the bride, I would like to thank you for attending. Your presence is greatly appreciated by the happy couple. Please enjoy the meal and then later we will have some dancing. Tuck in!”

Part of the way through the meal, Harry and Ginny heard some clinking and they looked up and saw Lydia tapping her glass with her knife, a cheeky grin on her face. Aubrey joined in as she whispered to Sirius, and soon the whole table was tapping their glasses. Hermione also added to the noise while she explained to Ron, Molly, and Arthur. The twins shrugged their shoulders and soon all of the guests were gently striking their goblets.

Ginny looked to Harry in confusion, who had a wide smile on his face. He leaned over to her and said, “It’s a Muggle tradition. Whenever the guests tap on their glasses, the bride and groom are supposed to kiss,” he explained in a whisper. He sat upright, raised his hand, and said more loudly, “Alright, but put your sunglasses on first.” When the guests had complied, Harry kissed Ginny gently, resulting in claps from the crowd, and a few catcalls from the twins. Every few minutes, they heard clinking again, usually started by the twins, as they really seemed to enjoy this custom. Harry and Ginny enthusiastically submitted to the requests, even though it did slow down the dining process significantly.

After everyone was done eating, Arthur again stood and announced that it was time for the bride and groom’s first dance. As they walked hand in hand, they could feel the shocks of their magic leaping across the space between them, giving them jolts. As they danced, staring into each other’s eyes, the maelstrom they felt at their first kiss threatened to occur again. They almost had to stop dancing after just a minute as the energy that surrounded them threatened to consume them once more, but they were able to control their surging magic with some concentration. For the next song, Ginny danced with her father while Harry danced with Molly. “Thanks for everything you’ve done, Mum,” said Harry near the end of the dance. “You’ve created a very special day for us. I can’t imagine a better celebration. It’s just missing a few guests,” he said wistfully, looking over at the portraits still in chairs off to the right of the dance floor.

“I’m sure all of your parents would love to be here, Harry, and that they are very proud of the man you have become. I know I am.”

Harry hugged Molly and said, “At least I have one of my mums here” as the song ended.

The next several dances were reserved for other guests so Harry danced with Aubrey, Lydia, Hermione, Fleur, and even Professor McGonagall. It took Ginny a little longer to dance with all of the male guests because of her numerous brothers, so Harry sat down for a few songs and just observed his new wife as she twirled around the floor. When she was finished, she plopped down in her chair and sighed. “That was fun, but my feet are starting to get sore. Not used to wearing these heels.”

“Then, take them off,” said Harry with a grin. “You can do whatever you want; it is your day, after all.”

Our day,” she corrected, as she accepted Harry’s suggestion and took off her shoes. “Ahh, much better.” She leaned back in her chair and propped her feet in Harry’s lap. Harry began massaging her feet, causing Ginny to groan in pleasure. “That feels wonderful, Harry. If this is what married life is going to be like, I think I’m going to like it.”

Harry smiled. “I’ll be happy to rub your feet whenever you’d like, Mrs Potter,” causing Ginny to smile broadly at her new name.

After a few minutes, Ginny was recovered enough to want to return to the dance floor, this time barefoot. This time when she stood, she grabbed Harry’s hand and pulled him back out on the dance floor. After a few more dances, Ginny said, “It’s too bad we’re stuck with the music from the Wizarding Wireless. I wouldn’t mind dancing to some of the Muggle music you’ve been letting me listen to since you solved the shielding problems on your CD player.”

Harry grinned. “As you wish, dear.” He nodded to Ron and Hermione, who stood up and went over to a corner of the tent. Soon, music started blaring out of a portable stereo, playing a dance mix tape that Harry had recorded from his CD collection.

“Alright!” yelled Fred. “Let’s get this party started!”

After several fast songs, there were a few more slow ones, and Harry and Ginny had to strive to control their combined magic whenever they held each other closely, but they learned fairly quickly. After a few more songs, Harry felt a tap on his shoulder.

“May I cut in?” asked George. Harry nodded and, as soon as he released Ginny’s hand, George grabbed Harry’s hand and put his other on Harry’s waist. “Let’s show these berks how to dance, Harry!”

George led Harry around the floor in a wild dance, and it was all Harry could do to keep up and not trip over his partner’s feet. The rest of the guests all moved to the edges of the floor to avoid the whirling dervishes as they travelled around the tent, laughing and clapping encouragement to the pair.

When the song ended, Harry had to stop and catch his breath. While he panted on the edge of the room, Ginny brought him a drink, a smirk on her face. “I thought you might need this.”

“Thanks,” he said, gulping down the offered beverage and then sitting down in the nearest chair.

“Did you enjoy that, Potter?” asked Ginny.

“It was fun, but a little shocking. Although I should have expected something like that from the twins.”

When he had recovered, Ginny pulled him out of his chair. “I think it’s time for the twins’ other contribution to the festivities,” she said with a grin. She led him out the back of the marquee where there were some chairs arranged, and most of the rest of the guests were already seated.

“What is this?” asked Harry. “Why are all these chairs facing out, looking at the paddock?”

“You’ll see,” answered Ginny as she led him to a wicker love seat in front of the other chairs. She pushed him down and sat next to him, tucking herself under his arm.

Before they had a chance to get too comfortable, the paddock erupted in a flash of light. Harry jumped up and pulled his wand out, preparing for battle.

Ginny reached over and grabbed his arm, laughing. “Easy there, big boy. It’s just some fireworks. No one’s attacking us.”

Harry let out the breath he was holding. “Sorry, just wasn’t expecting that.” He sat back down and they assumed their previous positions. After watching for a few minutes, Harry said, “Wow, these are really good. Where did the twins get them?”

“Fireworks are one of their specialties. They do this often for Weasley gatherings in the summer. But I think their best was their first. Shortly before they were due to finish at Hogwarts, they decided that they were going to quit early and set off a display that I don’t think anyone will be able to rival. It was their final parting shot at Umbridge, who made the school a living hell that year.”

“That toadish woman who was at my trial? She taught at Hogwarts?” When Ginny nodded, he continued, “I can’t imagine how horrible that must have been. What did she teach?”

“Defence.”

Harry thought for a moment, recalling what he had learned about the Defence teachers from his friends’ stories. “Was she the one that forced you to start the DA?” After another nod, “I can certainly see why you deemed that necessary. I imagine that if I had been there then, I would have been stuck in detention constantly. She seemed a very vindictive crone.”

Ginny snuggled closer to Harry. “Enough talk about toadish crones. I don’t want to spend any more of my wedding day discussing teachers I’d just as much like to forget. Let’s just watch what the twins have done.”

The newlyweds did exactly that. After the last firework, a huge heart with “H + G” through the middle, Harry and Ginny changed into traveling clothes, said their goodbyes, and then Harry tapped the bouquet that Ginny had carried earlier, and they were transported via Portkey into a clearing in front of an A-frame log cabin surrounded by a forest of pine trees.

“Where are we, Harry?”

“This is a cabin owned by my family in the state of Michigan. We would come up here frequently in the summers to spend time at the lake. I thought it would be the perfect place to begin our honeymoon.” He pulled her into a hug and kissed her for a moment before startling her by bending over and lifted her into his arms.

“What are you doing, Potter? Put me down!”

Harry laughed. “It is a Muggle tradition to carry your wife across the threshold on the first night of your marriage.”

Ginny giggled. “Who am I to argue with tradition?”

Harry walked over to the door and waved his hand, opening it. “That’s a little easier than most Muggles have it,” he commented as they entered the cabin. He put her down and she looked around and found herself in the great room of a house. Ginny looked around seeing hardwood floors, a cathedral ceiling, comfortable sofas and chairs, a huge fireplace, and large window that looked out over a lake surrounded by pine trees.

“It’s wonderful, Harry. But it is a little bright, since it is obviously still afternoon here.”

“I can take care of that.” Harry waved his wand and suddenly the windows became black and only candles floating in the air lit the room. “That will prevent light from getting in and out. Hermione warned me that later tonight, things might get a little bright if I didn’t do that spell. Would you like a tour?” At her nod, he showed her the rest of the first floor, including the kitchen, two small bedrooms, and a bathroom. He then led her to the stairs, asking, “Would you like to see the master bedroom?”

“I thought you’d never ask,” she replied with a smirk. They walked hand in hand up the stairs into the bedroom. As they opened the door, Ginny found herself in a large room that was dominated by two features, a large stone fireplace and a cherry sleigh bed that was covered in pillows and a down comforter. Harry waved his wand, whispered “Incendio”, and a fire immediately roared in the fireplace.

“It’s wonderful, Harry,” said Ginny as she took it all in. She jumped on the bed, lying back, and sighing. “And comfy, too. I thought the beds at Hogwarts were comfortable, but I think this one might be better. I think we can put this to good use,” she added with a mischievous grin. “Can you get our bags? I have two presents for you packed away.”

Harry reached into his pocket, pulling out two shrunken suitcases. After he used the Engorgement Charm to restore them to their original size, Ginny opened her bag and pulled out two boxes, one of which she handed to Harry. “Here, open this while I get ready.”

Harry, a little confused, asked, “I thought you said two presents. Don’t I get to open both of them?”

“Patience, Harry, patience,” as she turned and walked, box in hand, into the bathroom. Harry removed the ribbon from the box she left with him and opened the lid. Inside he found a luxurious black silk robe that felt like it weighed nothing. Taking the hint, he undressed, put on the robe, and lay down on the bed, awaiting his bride’s return. A few moments later, Ginny entered the room, wearing a matching silk robe, except hers was an emerald green, which contrasted beautifully with her hair. Harry responded by getting up off the bed and approaching her.

“Have I told you lately that you are beautiful?”

Her lips turned up at the corners slightly. “Yes, but not often enough.”

Harry nuzzled her neck and whispered, “Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful,” as he trailed kisses down her neck and then moved to the other side. Each kiss sent a spark down Ginny’s body and she shivered slightly at his attentions.

Ginny put her arms on his shoulders, pushing him upright so she could look him in his eyes. “Would you like to open this present now?”

Harry’s face lit up as he understood her suggestion. He slowly reached down and pulled on the belt, untying the knot. The front of the robe opened, and he gently pushed it off her shoulders, leaving her in a matching green negligee. As he looked at her beauty, his mouth opened, but he had no words.

Ginny giggled. “You look just like you did when we met at the train station. Good to know I can still leave you speechless.”

Harry pulled her close and whispered, “Beautiful doesn’t quite describe what I am seeing now.” He kissed her neck again, traveling down to her collar bone and then to her shoulder. He started nudging the spaghetti strap off her shoulder and pulled back, looking her in the eyes for permission. When she nodded subtly, he proceeded to kiss her shoulder, moving the strap until it fell loosely over her upper arm. He moved to the other side and repeated his actions and then pulled back again as the garment slipped down and pooled at her feet.

As he took in her magnificence, Ginny asked, “Worth the wait, Mr Potter?” remembering the memory spell Hermione had placed on him so that he would forget the evening Pansy had tried to seduce him.

“Oh, definitely, Mrs Potter.”

“My turn to unwrap a present,” said Ginny, as she tugged on the belt of Harry’s robe and then pushed it off his shoulders. After appreciating the view a moment, she slowly approached him and melted into his embrace and they began kissing passionately. Their magical auras started to swirl around them, like at the wedding, and they pulled back, breathless and a little lightheaded.

“Perhaps we should continue this in the bed so we don’t collapse on the floor,” said Ginny. Harry nodded agreement and pulled back the comforter and they slipped under the covers.

**********

As it is written, “the two shall become one.” As their bodies united, they did not just become one physically, but they became one mentally, emotionally, and magically as well. They could experience each other’s thoughts, sensations, and feelings, and as these sensations and emotions built, it was as if they were bouncing back and forth between them, gaining momentum and growing, until, at the climax, their combined magic let loose. The maelstrom of their auras that occurred at the wedding happened again, but this time, instead of the two separate flames dancing around each other, the magical flames combined and became one as well. Had they not done the spell Hermione had taught them, the light coming off of them would have looked to the area like a huge forest fire had erupted in the middle of the night. The spell didn’t prevent a burst of accidental magic that caused the house to shake, the windows to rattle, the wind to blow, and, yes, even the earth to move. The neighbours on the other side of the lake thought a massive thunderstorm and earthquake had occurred simultaneously, but the young lovers were unaware of all that went on as they were focused on the ultimate gift of love they had given each other.

A/N: For those of you who are interested in the spells, Fateor Res means “reveal being” and Junctum Meus Res Per Vestri means “unite my being with yours,” at least according to Google Translate.

Reviews 319
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear