Search:

SIYE Time:2:04 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Paintball Wizard
By cackling stump

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 319
Summary: The life of a typical American teenager (okay, maybe not so typical) is shaken by tragedy. Then he discovers a new world awaiting him, filled with new people, new struggles, and, perhaps, new love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 256033; Chapter Total: 4390
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Sorry about the long delay, but real life intervened, so I had a hard time finding time to write. I also struggled with some writer's block, but, thanks again to Arnel's fabulous beta work, I finally have a product with which I am happy.
You may recognize some of the dialogue from Chapter 36 of Deathly Hallows




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Obcidione Caedo

Harry stood up and Summoned his broomstick, shrinking it and putting it back in his Mokeskin pouch. He rummaged around in the pouch, ensuring that the two other objects were still safe, his Invisibility Cloak and the Serpent Staff. He took a deep breath and surveyed the many small fires that the wyvern had started in its pursuit of him. I guess I should get started on putting out these fires, he thought when he felt a sudden pang of fear from Ginny.

Listening in, he learned that Tom had arrived. Looks like the fires will have to wait. He sent a soothing touch to Ginny to encourage her, smiling when he felt her fear subside a bit. We’ll do this together, he thought as he pulled out his Cloak. He donned it before Apparating to the lawn behind the manor to assist Ginny in what he hoped would be the final battle.

***********

Ginny’s heart began to race when she felt a comforting touch to her mind. Keep calm! I’ll be there in a moment.

That’s easier said than done, she replied, while trying to do what Harry asked. He’s not standing right in front of you.

You can do this. Try to relax; just remember the plan.

Ginny took a deep breath and recited the plan that the couple had agreed upon to herself as she studied their adversary. She was to duel him, hopefully tiring him enough, so that when Harry revealed himself, the couple could incapacitate him long enough to cast Aufero Malum. The major downside to the spell was that it took time to build up and thus could not be used in the heat of battle.

Ginny eyed her opponent. Voldemort’s robes showed signs of his recent battle and he seemed a little weary from his attack on Hogwarts; his face was a little more pale than usual, which could only assist their strategy. “Things didn’t go so well at Hogwarts?” she asked cheekily.

Voldemort’s face betrayed a twitch of anger before it became placid again. “No, they didn’t. And it seems that my plans have been thwarted here as well. I would hazard a guess that Malfoy was not successful in his task.”

“No, he wasn’t,” Ginny spat back at him. “I’m surprised you trusted him enough to do something like that on his own.”

“I won’t make that mistake again.” He smiled evilly, causing chills to travel down her spine. “I think that your punishment might help in that.”

“My punishment?”

“I can’t exactly allow your escape to have no consequences, can I? I imagine that several minutes of the Cruciatus should suffice to teach you to be more compliant. If it affects your mind adversely, so be it. After all, I only need your body for my plans, not your mind.”

Ginny felt her anger build as she was reminded of the attempted rape that Voldemort had ordered. Voldemort raised his wand and started the incantation and Ginny jumped into action. You have to hit me first, you bastard! she thought as she dove out of the way. The curse hit a chair that had been behind her, causing it to explode into pieces. She rolled agilely back to her feet and shouted, “Expulso! ” aiming directly at his chest.

Voldemort just calmly flicked his wand and the burst of blue light changed trajectory, hitting the wall to his right. He looked over at the hole in the wall and said, “My, my, Ginevra. I can’t have you destroying my home, now can I? Stupefy!

Ginny cast the Shield Charm this time, and as soon as Voldemort’s spell bounced off her shield, she sent a barrage of spells at her opponent. He continued to lackadaisically wave off all of her spells, and then took a step toward her. “Impressive array of spells, my Ginevra; almost as impressive as your brother. It was a shame he had to die.”

Ginny hesitated, stunned by the news, wondering which brother he meant. Voldemort seemed to read her mind as he answered her unasked question. “If a talented curse-breaker couldn’t defeat me, what makes you think a silly little school girl can? I am the greatest wizard in the world.”

Ginny fought back tears as she continued her attack, quelling the wavering in her voice as she cast the spells. As she battled, she heard Harry’s reassuring voice in her head, Don’t listen to him. Remember the plan; all you need to do is tire him out. I am starting to see some cracks in his shields. Keep it up; I think it’s working!

Encouraged by Harry, she put thoughts of her family out of her mind, kept bombarding Voldemort with spell after spell, but was surprised with his tactics. Why isn’t he fighting back? she queried Harry through their Bond. He isn’t using any spells stronger than Stunners or Disarming Charms.

He doesn’t want to harm you any more than necessary. Remember he needs you for ‘breeding stock’.

Ginny’s resentment grew again. What is his plan, then?

I am guessing that he wants to do the exact same thing you are trying to do to him: tire you out and then subdue you.

She dove to avoid another spell, but she could tell that her reactions were slowing. I don’t know if I can do it, Harry. He almost hit me that time. She was back on her feet in a moment and sent two Blasting Hexes followed by a Severing Charm. Voldemort hissed as the last spell penetrated his defences.

You hit him that time, Gin! I see some blood on his right arm. You can do this. He’s tiring too.

Ginny cast a Shield Charm to give her a moment to wipe some sweat off her brow and take one deep breath before attacking again. She yelled “Confringo! ” aiming at the floor in front of Tom’s feet, and thus in front of his shield. The force of the explosion blew a five-foot wide hole in the floor, and threw Voldemort backwards, causing him to land ungracefully on his bum.

Surprisingly, Tom chuckled as he stood up. “Well done, my Ginevra; I can’t remember the last time I was knocked down in a duel. Are you sure you won’t consider joining me and be a Death Eater? I’d let you help rear your son. You could take your proper place beside me. You are mine, after all.”

“I’ve never been yours, Tom,” she growled back as she sent two more Severing Charms at him.

“Oh, I beg to differ. You’ve been mine since you first wrote to me in my diary. Yes, my original plan was to take your life so that I could regain a body, but now I realize how much more valuable you could be with me. Come, my Ginevra, seize your destiny. Give me your heart once again.”

“My heart is taken!” she roared and she attacked with new intensity.

***********

Harry, who was crouched in the corner of the room under his Cloak, couldn’t help the pride he felt for his wife grow. At first, it had been difficult for him to just stand by while she was battling Voldemort, but his role was to stand ready in case Voldemort cast anything that Ginny couldn’t handle herself. He smiled as he saw Voldemort take a step back under Ginny’s onslaught. Tom was sending fewer and fewer offensive spells and had to focus more on his defences. Harry kept his focus on Voldemort and noticed, for the first time, a look of anxiety appear on his face. You’re doing it, Ginny! He’s weakening! Voldemort took another step back and Harry saw a bead of sweat trail down Voldemort’s cheek.

Harry’s head swivelled to his right, toward a sudden motion he saw out of the corner of his eye. A black-robed and masked wizard stood in the entry to the dining room, his wand slashing downward. “Desisto Flumen! ” A streak of purple flame leapt out of the Death Eater’s wand toward Ginny. Harry could see it travel in slow motion toward her.

Ginny! To your left! Harry warned her.

Ginny turned but too slowly to avoid the curse, which hit her in the chest. Her eyes widened and her mouth gaped open as she fell to the ground.

Harry ran to her side, still under his Cloak, and, as he reached her, he heard Voldemort scream, “Dolohov, YOU FOOL!! You’ve ruined everything!”

Harry turned his head and saw Voldemort and his lackey walking toward Ginny’s body. Anger and fear building in him, Harry yelled “Get away from her!” and waved his hand at the pair. The two Dark wizards were thrown backwards with such force that they both struck a wall and fell limply to the ground.

Harry knelt next to Ginny, and his heart stopped. Her eyes were open, staring out into space, and her face showed the same surprise that it had when she had been hit. He checked for a pulse at her neck and couldn’t detect one. Dreading what he might find, he explored their Bond, but, to his dismay, he found nothing. He picked up her limp body, pulling it into a hug. “Please, Ginny. You can’t be dead. Please don’t be dead.” He searched the Bond again and discovered only emptiness.

He gently placed her back on the ground and straightened up. With tears streaming down his cheeks, he threw his head back and his fists clenched, crying out at the heavens, “NOOOO!!!

***********

Ginny found herself floating above Harry and looked down on him. What is going on? she asked. She watched in confusion as he held her body, pleading for her to be alive, and then laid her down. She noticed with astonishment that Harry was surrounded by an eerie glow, which was steadily growing stronger. When he screamed toward the sky, the light suddenly radiated from his body. It passed through her without effect, but the same could not be said of the manor.

In a staggering display of accidental magic, Harry’s unfettered emotions caused the manor to begin to crumble. All of the glass in the picture windows shattered and blew out onto the previously well-manicured lawn. The walls of the first floor were no more, and, with no support, the upper floors came crashing down. She put her arms over her head to protect herself from the rubble, but was amazed when it just passed through her body as if she was just a spirit. Am I dead? Is this my soul?

Ginny’s head turned in response to the resounding crash of a huge glass chandelier exploding ten feet to Harry’s right, sending shards in every direction. Ginny tried to move toward Harry to protect him from the shrapnel, but noticed that, despite all of the debris flying through the air, none of it reached Harry. He seemed to be surrounded by an invisible impenetrable barrier. His magic must be protecting him. A moment later the whole ceiling collapsed. Behind him, a three- story brick chimney toppled over like a tree felled by a woodsman, causing the ground to shake as it hit. In the space of thirty seconds, the manor had been obliterated, leaving piles of bricks and shattered wood, which were hard to see in the cloud of dust that enveloped the area.

Despite all of this destruction, Harry seemed totally unaware of his surroundings, his attention focused entirely on Ginny’s body. During the destruction, he collapsed on top of her body, pulling her to him, holding her face next to his. He was murmuring something under his breath, but Ginny couldn’t hear what he was saying. She wanted with all of her heart to move toward him, but, instead, she kept floating further and further away.

Suddenly, she felt a tug on her chest. When she looked down, she noticed for the first time that a glowing golden rope seemed to emanate from her heart. She followed the course of the rope and saw that it led to her unmoving body that Harry was holding tightly. Harry whispered again, and she felt another yank. Each time he said something, the pull of the rope brought her closer to her body. When she finally was close enough to discern his words, she was able to hear him beseech repeatedly, “Please, Ginny, come back to me. Come back to me.”

As he continued to plead, she was drawn closer and closer to her body. When her soul finally touched her physical body, she felt a squelching sensation as her two components merged. Inside her body again, she struggled to breathe and to open her eyes, but it was as if she had no control over her physical form yet. Panic began to set in, but she heard Harry say one more time, “Come back to me.” Abruptly she gasped and her heart jumped as it began to beat again.

With another strong effort, she was able to pry her eyelids open, and her first sight were Harry’s green eyes, filled with tears. “Ginny! You’re alive!”

Her arms squeezed him tightly as she whispered to him, “You saved me again. You brought me back.”

He pulled his head back, his face filled with confusion. Before she could explain, they heard the sudden shifting of some wreckage. They peered in the direction of the noise, but could only see a cloud of dust.

A shadow slowly emerged from the smoke, stumbling over the wreckage until Harry and Ginny were able to discern who was coming towards them. It was Voldemort. He stopped several yards from them and stood swaying in place as he gazed at the ruins of the house. They could see that his left hand hung limply against his side and he was bleeding copiously from a gash on the right side of his scalp. Like his body, Voldemort’s robes were covered in dust and blood and torn in many places.

It was obvious when he spied them, since his face suddenly changed from one of weariness to a mix of surprise and fury. “Potter?! How can it be? I killed you myself.”

”Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated,” Harry replied with a grin as he stood and helped Ginny to her feet. Harry and Ginny assumed duelling positions, their wands ready. “It’s time to end this, Tom, once and for all. The prophecy said that only one of us can live, and I plan on making sure that this time it is I who survives.”

“I killed you once; I can do it again,” snarled Voldemort. “Avada Kedavra!

Harry and Ginny dove in opposite directions to avoid the Killing Curse. Harry was back on his feet in an instant and was able to cast a Shield Charm in time to block Voldemort’s next curse. Harry aimed a Blasting Curse at his opponent and then risked a glance over at Ginny. Seeing that she was starting to circle around to Tom’s flank, Harry sent a barrage of spells at Tom to keep his attention on Harry. Tom had to temporarily focus on defence, putting his efforts into a shield to protect himself from Harry’s onslaught. Our plan is working; he’s more tired than he was earlier! Harry thought.

When Harry paused to take a breath, Voldemort yelled “Confringo! ” but the spell bounced harmlessly off of Harry’s shield and rebounded back at Tom. Before Harry could switch back to the offensive, Voldemort struck with his own barrage of spells, trying to overcome Harry’s shield. It became obvious that Harry’s theory that Tom was holding back so as to not injure Ginny was correct as he sent one dangerous spell after another at him, including a few Killing Curses. Voldemort’s frustration grew as he was unable to touch Harry with anything he was casting and his spell casting became even more frenzied. However, Harry was also unable to mount much of an offence, because he was either dodging or focusing his energy into his Shield Charm.

I need to come up with a new strategy, thought Harry as he dove to avoid another Killing Curse. As he returned to his feet, he saw a piece of broken lumber that looked conveniently like a spear. Harry flicked his wand at it, Banishing it toward Voldemort.

As the spear approached Voldemort, he cast a shield, but the projectile flew right through it. At the last moment, he dodged out of its path, but just barely. It looks like his shields can’t stop non-magical items either, thought Harry. I can use that to my advantage.

With lots of material nearby that could be turned into weapons, Harry began Banishing other debris from the manor’s destruction at Tom. Riddle was able to destroy most of the wreckage with well-aimed Blasting Charms, but some of the fragments still managed to inflict some damage. He isn’t moving very well, noted Harry. The injury to his left arm must be affecting him more than he wants to let on.

Between attacks, Voldemort managed to point his wand at a pile of rubble, saying “Oppugno! ” The small pieces of brick, stone, plaster, and wood sped toward Harry, circling him and striking him all over his body. He crouched into a small ball, protecting his head with his arms, but he was still sustaining multiple lacerations and bruises from the hailstorm of rubble. Now what? Racking his brain for a solution, knowing that he was a sitting duck, he found it hard to think due to the pain the debris was causing.

Desperation was starting to set in when he had a flash of inspiration. “Vertex Prospero! ” he yelled, and the rubble was caught up in a windstorm and he directed it away from his body. Keeping the whirlwind between himself and Voldemort, he guided it toward Tom, intentionally aiming it over the remnants of a shattered window so it would pick up the glass shards, before attacking Tom with it.

Voldemort transfigured a metal dome to protect himself, but Harry increased the wind velocity of the miniature tornado, and he saw that small rents appear in Tom’s shelter. He kept up the barrage until, out of the corner of his eye, he saw something flying through the air at Ginny’s back. Ginny, down! he warned through their bond.

**********

As soon as Tom attacked Harry, it was obvious to Ginny that he was sparing no attention to her. Stealthily, she circled around to Voldemort’s left, hoping to catch him by surprise while his focus was on Harry.

“Weasley, you bitch!”

Ginny turned to see Draco, standing before her, his face covered in dirt and scratches, his robes shredded, barely able to hold together. My Incarcerous must have cancelled when I ‘died,’ she thought. She also noticed that he was moving slowly, probably as a result of her kicks to his groin, causing her to grin. He pointed his wand at her and snarled, “How dare you bind me in a cupboard, you blood traitor! I am going to make you pay for that.”

“Do you really think you are capable of that, Malfoy? I did trounce you earlier when I was unarmed. Now, I have my wand,” she taunted, swirling it around. “You are no match for me and my power, you ponce.” She smiled at him and caused her aura to flare, surrounding her with a golden glow. As she walked toward him, Draco paled and took a step back, obviously intimidated by Ginny’s show of strength. She took another step and he stepped back again, coming up against a partially intact wall.

Just as she was going to cast the Disarming Charm, she noticed Draco flick his wand, but didn’t see any evidence of what spell he had cast.

Ginny, down! Harry’s voice said through their Bond. Automatically, she dropped to the ground, feeling the wind from something flying just over the top of her head as it went by. She then heard a gurgle and looked up in the direction of the sound.

Malfoy’s body was pinned against the wall, his eyes bulging in panic. Looking more closely, Ginny saw a large piece of glass impaling him through the neck, blood pouring over his chest. His hands were blindly grasping for the glass, but, after a few seconds, they dropped limply to his side as his body sagged in death.

Ginny stood up cautiously, but, with a quick inspection, could tell that Draco was indeed dead. I despised the git, but I didn’t want him to die, she thought. Before the guilt at being the cause of his death could consume her, she turned around to see how Harry was faring in his duel with Tom.

**********

When Harry stopped to warn Ginny, he lost control of the Tempest Charm for just a moment, which was all that Voldemort needed. The metal dome vanished and he was again on the offensive. “Sectumsempra! ” Harry cast a Shield Charm, but part of the spell penetrated it, slicing through his right forearm.

Unable to hold his wand, it dropped to the ground. Kneeling down quickly, Harry gritted his teeth against the pain and picked up his wand in his left hand. He pointed it at a pile of plaster dust near Voldemort’s feet and said, “Ventus! ” The dust flew into the air, right into Voldemort’s eyes, blinding him for a moment, giving Harry a quick respite from the attacks. Looking at his wound, he could see that the laceration was deep and had severed some tendons. He tried to flex his fingers, but he hissed in pain at the attempt. He pointed his wand at his arm and conjured a bandage over the wound to stem the bleeding.

He stood up just as Voldemort finished wiping at his eyes. Tom laughed and taunted, “Potter, why don’t you admit defeat now? I might make your death a painless one. You have no chance against me with your wand arm injured.”

“You’d be surprised at how good I am with my left hand, Tom,” retorted Harry. He pointed his wand at Voldemort, yelling, “Confringo! ” Riddle jumped out of the way of the curse, and it continued past him, hitting the remnants of a chimney, causing brick and mortar to rain down on the Dark Lord.

Harry kept up the attack, Banishing more and more debris at Voldemort, but the pace was exhausting Harry. For his part, Tom was able to respond, sending curses back at Harry, but it was obvious to Harry that he was fatiguing also. In the middle of the duel, he felt a twinge of sadness through the Bond. I hope Ginny’s okay; I really could use her help in taking him down, he thought.

The next moment, Harry dodged a bright yellow curse, but his momentary relief that he had avoided another spell was broken when he tripped on the remains of a wooden beam. He put his right foot out to keep him from falling but was still too off balance to avoid the next spell, a silver-grey one that almost looked like liquid metal spewing out of the yew wand. As the spell hit him, his body was coated in a thin layer of the liquid. Before he had a chance to react, the liquid began to solidify, encasing him in a layer of metal.

Unable to move, Harry tried to figure a way out of this trap. He tried to take a deep breath to calm himself, but found that he was unable to inhale any air. I don't have much time before I pass out. There's no way I can blast my way out of here without hurting myself. Can I somehow melt this without sustaining any damage?

As he was starting to panic, his lungs burning from lack of oxygen, Harry heard Ginny's voice in his mind. Apparate to me!

Of course, thought Harry. He concentrated on Ginny's location and travelled to her. He found himself about twenty feet behind Voldemort, who was cackling and yelling, "I've finally got you, Potter!" his wand raised to deliver a final blow. Just in front of Tom was a metal statue of Harry, frozen in the off-balanced pose that the spell had hit him in. Bludgeoning Hex, suggested Ginny, and he nodded in agreement.

The twin non-verbal hexes hit Voldemort in the back, launching him through the air. As had occurred so many times in the last two years, Harry saw Tom soar through the air in slow-motion. His body hurtled toward the metal statue of Harry and his head struck Harry's metal chest. His momentum continued to carry him onward and his neck bent awkwardly, until they heard a loud crack and Voldemort's body fell to the ground limply.

Harry and Ginny approached the Dark Lord cautiously, their wands out. Tom was lying in his back, his neck bent to the left. They tensed in readiness when his right shoulder twitched, but that seemed to be all he could move.

Voldemort's eyes bulged in panic. "I can't move my arms!" he wailed.

Harry smiled and said, "It looks like not even you can survive a fractured neck, Tom.” The couple walked toward him and Harry bent over to pick up the yew and phoenix feather wand that lay on the ground next to him. He stared directly into Voldemort’s eyes and as he handed it to Ginny, who then took the wand in both hands. Snap!

Voldemort gasped as he watched his trusty tool rendered useless. “How dare you!”

Harry pointed his own wand at Voldemort’s face. “We dare because it’s finished, Tom. Maybe you just don’t realize it yet, but it’s over.”

“You can’t kill me. I’ve taken steps to ensure my survival,” Voldemort responded, still arrogant, even with a severely injured body.

Harry smirked. He pulled his pouch out from under his shirt and opened it, pulling the Serpent’s Staff out and throwing it to the ground in front of his adversary. “Do you mean this? We’ve already taken care of it.”

While they wouldn’t have guessed it possible, Voldemort became even paler. “Your only chance, Riddle,” said Ginny, who was also pointing her wand at him, “is to think of what you’ve done … Think, and try for some real remorse.”

“What is this?”

“It’s your last chance,” said Ginny, “it’s all you’ve got left … we’ve seen what will happen otherwise… Be a man … try … Try for some remorse.”

“Never! I will never regret what I have done in the name of my cause.”

“It’s your soul, Tom,” said Harry, shrugging his shoulders. He held out his injured hand and Ginny gently took it in hers. Harry looked into her eyes and she gave his hand a barely perceptible squeeze. Then they both turned toward him. Simultaneously, they moved their wands in the familiar oval pattern and then slashed downward at Tom. “Aufero Malum! ” they cried in unison and white lights erupted from their wands, merging a few feet in front of them, and then striking Voldemort in the chest. His eyes rolled back in his head and his head flopped against the ground. A ghostly form of a still human-looking Tom Riddle was pulled from Voldemort’s body, his face in an evil smile, mocking them. “See, you haven’t defeated me! I can still come back, and when I do, I’ll kill you both!”

Again in unison, the couple calmly incanted, “Obcidione Caedo, ” and twin purple spells travelled toward the wraith. As they hit the spirit, his eyes widened for a moment before he faded into nothingness, once and for all.

Not sure how to react, they both took a deep breath. The couple looked around, surveying the wreckage around them. The quiet and stillness was almost stifling. They looked into each other’s eyes, green meeting brown. Still holding hands, Ginny pulled Harry into a hug and said into his chest, "It's finally over, isn't it?"

"Yes, I think it is.” After a short pause, he squeezed her more tightly and added, “I was so scared that I’d lost you," Harry replied with a shudder. "You had no pulse and I couldn’t feel you at all through our Bond. Do you know what happened?"

“I am not sure,” she said, raising her head to look up at him. “After I was struck by that spell, it was like I was a spirit. I was floating, looking down on you and my body, gradually drifting further and further away. There was a golden rope that tethered me to my body, but it was getting thinner and thinner. But, then, I felt a tug on the rope. And then another. I saw that I was getting closer to you, and, when I was near enough, I could hear you repeating, ‘Come back to me.’ Each time you said it, I felt another tug, until, finally, what I think was my soul merged with my body, and I woke up.” She put her head on his shoulder, and whispered, “I think I was dead, but your love was strong enough to call me back to the living.”

"How touching," said a voice behind them. They spun around and saw Dolohov standing before them, his wand pointed at them. "I am going to make you pay for killing my Lord. Avada Kedavra! "

Harry instantly conjured an armoured shield and held it up in front of them, blocking the Killing Curse. As he lowered the shield, he stared back at the wizard who had almost taken his Ginny from him and was filled with rage. He flung the shield at Dolohov, and as the Death Eater ducked to avoid being hit, Harry yelled, "Diffindo! ” The curse hit Dolohov in the wrist, causing him to drop his wand. Harry walked slowly toward Dolohov and flicked his wand at the Death Eater, and Dolohov’s head snapped back as if he had been punched in the chin. "How dare ..." Another flick of Harry’s wand and Dolohov’s head snapped back again. "You try to kill ..." Another flick. "My wife!" followed by one more wand flick, which lifted Dolohov off the ground, bringing the wizard to lie at Harry’s feet.

Harry stood over the wizard, his heart racing and his wand arm trembling in fury. He pointed his wand between Dolohov's eyes and said, "Avad ..."

Before he could finish the incantation that would end the wizard's life, he felt a restraining hand on his forearm. Harry, don't. You'll regret this for the rest of your life if you do this.

Harry paused for a moment, his wand trembling in Dolohov’s face. He then dropped his wand and looked in Ginny's eyes and saw them pleading him not to follow through on his emotions. He took a deep breath and looked back at Dolohov. He waved his left hand at him, a red light erupting from his fingertips and Dolohov collapsed unconscious.

Harry pulled Ginny into a hug and thought, Thank you. You're right; if I had gone through with it, it would have been cold-blooded murder and my guilt would have haunted me as long as I lived.

Ginny bound Dolohov with Incarcerous and stepped on his wand, which was at their feet, snapping it in two. What do we do now? she asked.

I don’t know. What I want to do is to crawl into bed with you and sleep for a week. But I don’t suppose that’s a good idea.

Oh, it’s a great idea, she replied with a cheeky grin, but I agree that my family might not be too happy if we did that. We should probably return to Hogwarts to see what happened there. She closed her eyes, her heart filled with trepidation as she remembered what Voldemort had said about Bill.

Harry, feeling her dread, sent a wave of love and comfort to her. Whatever happened, we’ll get through it together. He hugged her one more time and said aloud, “Shall we?”

As he prepared to Disapparate, Ginny pulled on his hand. “Wait. What should we do with that?” she asked, pointing at the statue that was left from Voldemort’s final attack on Harry.

“Destroy it, perhaps?” Harry replied. “I look a little ridiculous, don’t you think?”

“Oh, I don’t know. It’s sort of cute. We could keep it and show our children that even the great Harry Potter trips up sometimes.”

Seeing the smirk on her face and feeling the mischief through the Bond, Harry just smiled and waved his wand at the statue, and it exploded into a million pieces. “Now that’s taken care of, let’s get out of here.”

He grabbed her hand, and they Disapparated away.

A/N: The purple curse that Dolohov hits Ginny with is meant to be the same curse that he used against Hermione in the Department of Mysteries. The incantation that I created is translated as “Cease flow” in Latin, implying that it causes all blood flow in the body to stop. HP Wiki conjectures that since he had to cast the curse silently, (Hermione had Silenced him) that it was not as strong as it would have been had he said the incantation. So, this is the full strength curse that hits Ginny.

Reviews 319
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear