Search:

SIYE Time:14:50 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Thorny Rose 2: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow
By Brennus

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 213
Summary: Sequel to (amazingly) The Thorny Rose. The Triwizard Tournament is over and Harry and Ginny are together. What has Ginny got planned for her new boyfriend next?
Hitcount: Story Total: 70451; Chapter Total: 6190
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Warning! Naughtiness ahead! While there's nothing too graphic here, there is quite a lot of implied smuttiness. I've actually had a few people complaining that Ginny and Harry are acting a little... advanced… for their age, probably with good reason. I deliberately put Sirius's 'Merlin! You’re not pregnant, are you, Ginny?' speech in chapter 2 for this very reason. Remember, fifteen is an accepted age for marriage in many parts of the world and it has been lower than that in the not too distant past. If you think it would never happen in the civilised world I have three words for you: Jerry Lee Lewis.

Besides, Ginny has Tom's memories. While Riddle found love repulsive, I seriously doubt he was an innocent in the sex department. Indeed, I would imagine he would use sex as a tool to get what he wanted: look at the way he wrapped Hepzibah Smith around his finger when trying to get his hands on Hufflepuff's Cup. I doubt he would have had the confidence to do that unless he was 'experienced' shall we say. Ginny now has that knowledge.

The German language parts come courtesy of Google Translate and I'll put money on them being wrong. Still, in the context they are used I really don't think it matters. Finally, please don’t think that in the end part I’m Molly-bashing. She’s worried about all her children and is trying to do something to help her son. Please think of it in that context.

Huge thanks to Arnel for wading through my usual cock-ups and spelling errors. Personally, I’m blaming these prescription drugs I’m on. Who knew high blood pressure could be such fun?




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 6 — A Shroud of Deceit



“I must say how delighted I am to make your acquaintance, Mr Potter. Cornelius has told me so much about you,” the woman said, oozing insincerity out of every pour of her body.

Ginny watched the smarmy, toad-like monstrosity that was currently sycophantically greeting Harry with something approaching revulsion. She had known Dolores Umbridge for approximately ten seconds and even that was too long.

“And of course, it’s a wonderful to finally meet you, Mr Black. The Ministry was delighted to see you exonerated this summer.”

“Why, thank you, Madam Umbridge. It was a fortunate for me that we have such a far-sighted and up-right Minister such as Cornelius Fudge, otherwise I might still be a wanted man,” Sirius said graciously. Ginny noted Sirius’s hands were clenched rather tightly while he said this.

“And I don’t believe I’m familiar with this charming young lady,” Umbridge said turning her attention to Ginny.

“Ginny Weasley,” she introduced herself.

“Ah, yes, the rather sharp-witted young companion of Mr Potter. Cornelius mentioned you, too,” Umbridge acknowledged. “I understand you’re the daughter of Arthur Weasley over at Misuse of Muggle Artifacts?”

“Yes, Madam Umbridge,” she confirmed politely. “My brother is the Junior Assistant to the Minister.”

“Oh, of course. Young Percy mentions his family so infrequently I quite forgot the connection,” Umbridge said. “Hopefully you’ll be more inclined to follow your brother’s career path rather than your father’s.”

“We’re all immensely proud of Percy,” Ginny replied through gritted teeth.

“Quite right. Well, as delightful as it is to meet you all, what is it that I can do for you?” Umbridge asked.

“A little bird has told us that you are to take a teaching position at Hogwarts next year…” Sirius began.

“Who told you that? That’s classified information,” Umbridge snapped, her veneer of politeness cracking.

“Oh, you know how efficient the Ministry’s gossip machine is,” Sirius said hastily. “It’s fairly common knowledge that you’re taking this position, I’m afraid.”

Umbridge scowled. “Well, be that as it may, I suspect your visit here today will be a waste of time. Nothing you can say will dissuade me from taking this role and…”

“Madam Umbridge, you misunderstand me,” Sirius interrupted. “The last thing we want to do is dissuade you from teaching at Hogwarts next year. Far from it, we think it’s a marvellous idea!”

“You do?” Umbridge said, looking rather stunned “I would have thought that Professor Dumbledore would be firmly against my appointment.”

“He probably is,” Harry said. “We’re not so convinced about his judgment these days.”

“Yes, the Minister mentioned that you’d had something of a falling-out with Dumbledore,” Umbridge said cautiously. “So, if you’re not here to object to my appointment, may I ask what your purpose here today actually is?”

“Why, to offer our help and support, of course,” Sirius declared brightly.

“Seriously, Madam Umbridge, we’ve become rather concerned at the slipping standards at Hogwarts,” Harry said, repeating a line they had rehearsed earlier that morning. “There just seem to be a lot of questionable things going on.”

“Indeed? Could you clarify some of these problems for me?” Umbridge asked rather eagerly.

“There are loads of issues,” Harry exclaimed. “Let’s start with the actual standard of teaching. I’m sure you are aware that in certain subjects Hogwarts has a very poor record. Defence Against the Dark Arts is a prime example. Dumbledore seems to think he can just stick anyone he finds in the teaching role and everything will be fine. Since I started school we’ve had a possessed Dark Wizard, a completely useless fake, a werewolf and a Death Eater in disguise. It’s no wonder that the pass rate has plummeted!”

“Potions is another problem area,” Ginny leapt in. “The present teacher might be a highly qualified Potions Master, but he has absolutely no skill as a teacher.”

“The number of children leaving Hogwarts with a NEWT in Potions has dropped dramatically in recent years,” Umbridge admitted.

“This is the very root of the problem about Dumbledore’s recruitment policy,” Sirius complained. “He might hire people who on paper are qualified at any given subject, but he provides no teacher training or support. Look at the poor Care of Magical Creatures teacher who has recently been appointed. The man has enormous knowledge of all manner of beasts, but he’s never been taught how to present that knowledge or how to structure a class in his life. This sort of training is the responsibility of the Headmaster and he has been sorely lacking in this area.”

By now Umbridge had started making notes at a furious rate. She looked up eagerly at Sirius. “Please do continue, Mr Black,” she urged.

“Of course,” Sirius smiled. “While there are many experienced and gifted teachers at Hogwarts, most of Dumbledore’s recent appointments cause me concern. His laughable appointments to the Defence post are the most obvious, but Professor Snape, the Potions Master, is a relatively recent appointment, too. A pardoned Death Eater? I ask you, do you really think such a man should be teaching our children?”

“I think Dumbledore only hired him because Snape acted as a spy for him during the war,” Ginny noted. “The Headmaster was rewarding his favourites.”

“Cronyism,” Umbridge declared, waving her quill about forcefully.

“Exactly,” Sirius agreed. “The Divination Teacher is another baffling appointment. Apparently, every year, the woman predicts the death of one of the pupils in her class. Not the best way to establish a good teacher/pupil bond, I should say.”

Umbridge was looking positively gleeful as she wrote down all of Sirius’s comments.

“But the standard of teaching is only one problem area,” Sirius continued. “Dumbledore seems to be very lax when it comes to the safety of pupils in his care, too. Are you aware that a fully grown troll got into the school during Harry’s first year?”

“What?” Umbridge exclaimed in shock.

“It very nearly killed a friend of mine,” Harry confirmed.

“Of course, there are other problems,” Sirius said in a conspiratory tone. “Are you aware that the famous Philosophers Stone created by Nicholas Flamel was hidden at the school around the same time?”

“Yes, I was. However, the Ministry was only informed of this event after the stone was destroyed,” Umbridge said in a disapproving tone. “I understand that the Defence teacher at the time was killed trying to steal it, correct?”

“Quiet true,” Sirius confirmed. “Although there is evidence that Dumbledore might have been aware of the man’s intentions from the start. But irrespective of that, what right has Dumbledore to bring a valuable object like that into a school when he would be fully aware that every unscrupulous wizard in the country would be after it? There had already been a break-in at Gringotts, why did he think a school full of innocent children would be a better place to store it? Did Dumbledore ask the School Board if it should be hidden at Hogwarts? As far as I can tell, he did not.”

“He was clearly exceeding his authority!” Umbridge said triumphantly.

“Indeed, and what about that debacle with the Basilisk? Dumbledore’s refusal to close the school put every child’s life in risk and for what? The logical thing would have been to temporarily close the school so a full and thorough search could be made. But did Dumbledore do that? Oh, no! Just to preserve his little kingdom he put everyone within the school’s life in danger. That’s virtually criminal,” Sirius declared.

“Totally irresponsible,” Umbridge crowed.

“And I don’t need to tell you about the events of last term,” Sirius said grimly. “Dumbledore proved incapable of realising that one of his oldest friends had been replaced by an ex-Death Eater using Polyjuice. That madman nearly killed Harry!”

“I’ve been saying for ages that Dumbledore is going senile,” Umbridge agreed.

“I should also probably mention Dumbledore’s handling of Harry’s affairs in more detail,” Sirius said nodding at his godson. “You are aware that Harry was left with his Muggle relatives after his parents were killed.”

“Indeed, hardly a fitting place for a young wizard who had just defeated You-Know-Who,” Umbridge sniffed.

“I quite agree, but I’m afraid it was actually much worse than you may have heard. The Muggles in question hate magic with a passion and treated Harry worse than a house-elf! Think of that: the Boy Who Lived, virtually starved and treated as a slave! Poor Harry was made to wear rags and slept in a cupboard for ten years!”

“What?” Is this true, Mr Potter?” Umbridge shrieked in her annoying girly voice.

“Yes, it’s true,” Harry admitted quietly.

“Those filthy Muggle wretches!” Umbridge raged. “I shall have them arrested.”

“But think who put Harry in that abusive environment,” Sirius urged. “I know for a fact that Lily Potter never wanted her sister to ever come near Harry. No, the decision to place Harry with his Aunt was made by Albus Dumbledore with no thought to the wishes of his parents or legal validity. And once Harry was dumped in that hell-hole did Albus ever check up on him? No, he did not. Not once did he take the trouble to find out if Harry was alright. Hell, he didn’t even bother to find out if his Aunt wanted him; Dumbledore just left him on their doorstep.”

“Unbelievable! The man is a monster!” Umbridge yelped.

“Don’t get me wrong,” Sirius interrupted, “Albus Dumbledore has done many great things in the past, but it seems to me that his judgement has become increasingly suspect in recent years. I fear the last war just took too much out of him and he’s been struggling ever since. It’s time for him to hand over the reins of power and retire, I think.”

“Sadly, I suspect that is the very last thing he will do,” Umbridge said. “Between you and me, the Minister suspects Dumbledore of trying to overthrow him!”

“No!” Sirius exclaimed in mock outrage.

“I’m afraid so. The man is becoming quiet delusional in his old age and Cornelius fears he may be attacked at any time. Our intelligence informs us that Dumbledore has already formed his own private army and that he might be trying to do something similar with the older pupils at Hogwarts.”

“Oh, no, I don’t think he would do that,” Ginny piped up. “In fact, he seems to do everything in his power to make sure all the pupils are practically helpless in a fight. That’s the only explanation I can think of for him not hiring a decent Defence teacher for years.”

“Yeah, maybe he’s trying to limit the number of potential Auror recruits there are available,” Harry agreed, picking up her idea and running with it. “That might explain the Potions situation, too. Potential Aurors need a NEWT in Defence and Potions, don’t they?”

“Sweet Merlin, you’re right!” Umbridge squeaked. “The number of successful applications to the Auror Department has dropped significantly in recent years. That scoundrel Dumbledore is trying to leave us defenceless!”

“Clever plan,” Sirius noted. “By deliberately sabotaging the education of our young wizards and witches, Dumbledore nearly ensured that there wouldn’t be enough loyal Ministry Aurors available to challenge any uprising he led. It’s just as well you discovered this, Madam Umbridge.”

“Oh, yes, thank you!” Umbridge twittered. “I must bring this to Cornelius’s attention immediately.”

“Then we will take up no more of your valuable time,” Sirius said while rising to his feet.

“If there’s anything Ginny and I can do to help next term you only have to ask,” Harry added.

“Of course, you’ve been immensely helpful, Mr Potter, and I’m sure I would appreciate further help from both Miss Weasley and yourself,” Umbridge simpered. “I’ll be sure to seek you out as soon as I arrive at Hogwarts.”

“I’ll look forward to it,” Harry lied like a pro.

“And if you need my assistance you have only to ask,” Sirius said, stepping forward and kissing Umbridge’s hand.

“Why, thank you, Mr Black,” Umbridge gushed, “and may I say what a delight it’s been to meet such a dignified pure-blood gentleman, such as yourself.”

“Farewell, Dolores,” Sirius said with a polite bow of the head, before opening the door to the office and ushering Harry and Ginny out. “I look forward to our next meeting.”

The three of them walked rapidly down the pristine corridor and to the waiting lift. They took the short ride down to the Atrium where they took the Floo back to Grimmauld Place. Only when they were safely back at the house did they relax.

“Gah! I think I’m going to have to Scourgify my lips,” Sirius moaned, whiping his mouth with his sleeve.

“You know, Sirius, after kissing that toad’s hand you’ll never have to prove your courage to me in any other way,” Ginny smirked.

“Nah, I think he should have gone for the lips, personally,” Harry grinned.

“I’m going to be sick!” Sirius yelled theatrically. “Dobby! Do we have any Firewhisky? I need to wash my mouth out immediately.”

“We has many bottles of Firewhiskies,” the little elf said in puzzlement. “You’s is making me buy loads of the stuff.”

“Good thing, too,” Sirius declared. “This is an emergency. A bottle of the two hundred year old Ogden’s, if you would be so kind, Dobby. For medicinal use only, of course.”

“Of course,” Harry said shaking his head. “So, how does everyone think that went?”

“Bloody brilliant!” Ginny exclaimed. “The bigoted, fat cow fell for it hook, line and sinker. She’s going to be giving Dumbledore so many headaches next term that he won’t have time to worry about what we’re up to.”

“You don’t think we went too far?” Harry asked in a worried voice. “After all, we don’t want Dumbledore thrown in Azkaban; he’s too much of a deterrent to Voldemort and his followers.”

“Relax, Harry,” Sirius said as he clutched his first glass of Firewhisky of the day. “Umbridge will never be able to hang anything damning on Albus; he’s far too much of a sly old fox to be caught by the likes of her. But we can keep the two of them at each other’s throats and out of our way for a good, long while.”

“I didn’t like calling Remus ‘a werewolf’ like it was an insult, or something,” Harry said sadly.

“Remus understands,” Sirius disagreed. “Hell, he’s a Marauder, remember? He appreciates the joke we’re playing on Dumbledore and the Ministry as much as we do.”

“I suppose,” Harry said before he broke out into a smirk. “Do you think we can get Snape sacked next term?”

“I’ll drink to that,” Sirius declared, before downing his second glass of Firewhisky.

“We’ll have to see,” Ginny replied before grabbing Harry’s arm. “Come on, Harry. I have no desire to watch your godfather drink himself into a stupor before lunch.”

“You could join me,” Sirius offered.

“Can you imagine what my mum would do to you, Sirius Black, if I staggered home tonight drunk?” Ginny said pointedly.

“Quiet right! Shame on you for suggesting it, Harry,” Sirius said wagging his finger at his godson.

“What?” Harry exclaimed.

Ginny sniggered. “Come on, Harry. We can get an hour’s duelling practice done before lunch. Sirius will probably be unconscious by the time we get back.”

“Good thing, too,” Harry muttered as they left the room.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP


“Right, have you got everything?” Tonks asked, handing Ginny a shopping bag.

“I think so,” she confirmed. “The two bags I’m holding here are for the benefit of my mother and the other four bags are shrunken down and tucked away in my pocket.”

“Great. Now remember, a simple tap with your wand will return the bags to normal size. All the magic is already done so you’ll have no problems with performing underage magic,” Tonks explained.

“Really, I don’t know why you have to go to so much trouble,” Hermione huffed.

“Trust me, Mum will have a fit if she realises just how much Harry spent on me for my birthday,” Ginny told her friend. “It’s just easier if we pretend I only got a few items.”

“But Mrs Weasley will soon cotton on when she sees you wearing all these new clothes,” Hermione pointed out.

“I don’t think so,” Ginny grinned. “Mum really hasn’t a clue about Muggle fashion. Half this stuff will look identical to her. All she’ll see is that the necklines are too low and the skirts are too short. She won’t even notice that I’m wearing different things each time.”

“I think you’re right,” Tonks laughed. “Molly is forever asking me if she’s seen stuff I’m wearing before. I guess it all looks the same to her.”

“Unbelievable,” Hermione said shaking her head.

“Still, if you’re mum does realise you’ve got all that stuff and complains, then you’re welcome to give it to me,” Tonks suggested. “I’d kill for some of those tops.”

“Oh, yes! I’d happily take some of those blouses off your hands,” Hermione added. “That light blue one was wonderful.”

“Oi! Paws off!” Ginny laughed. “You’ll just have to find yourselves your own ultra-rich bloke to treat you.”

“Not much chance of that,” Tonks said despondently. “Werewolves don’t generally earn megabucks.”

“And I found a rich and generous bloke, but he’s in Bulgaria right now,” Hermione said sadly.

Ginny’s face fell. “Oh, Merlin! I’m sorry, you two! That was a really insensitive thing for me to say.”

“Don’t worry, Ginny. We know you didn’t mean anything by it,” Hermione assured her.

“Yeah, as long as you let me borrow that cool denim skirt you’re total forgiven,” Tonks added cheekily.

“You’re both welcome to borrow whatever you want,” Ginny laughed. “Wow, what a great day out this has been.”

“Yes, it was fantastic to just have a girls only day,” Hermione agreed. “I’ve never really had the chance to do that before.”

“Yeah, I’ve had a great time,” Tonks added. “We’ve got to do this again sometime soon.”

“The new term starts in just a few weeks,” Ginny lamented. “We’ll have to arrange it during the next school holidays.”

“Sounds good to me,” Tonks agreed. “Right, I have places to go and people to see, so I’m making a move. You’re coming with me, Hermione, aren’t you?”

“Yes, if you could get me home that would be brilliant,” Hermione smiled. “I’ll see you soon, Ginny. We’re still meeting up to get our school things, aren’t we?”

“Absolutely, I’ll let you know exactly which day as soon as I can,” Ginny replied, hugging her two friends in turn.

After they left, Ginny turned and walked down the short path that led to the Burrow. She carefully schooled her features into her best ‘lie to mother’ expression as she entered through the back door. Predictably, Molly Weasley was in the kitchen working on something or other.

“Oh, hello, dear,” she greeted her daughter. “Did you have a nice shopping trip?”

“Fantastic!” Ginny said enthusiastically. “I had a great time with the girls and picked up loads of cool stuff. It’s amazing how much further your money goes in Muggle shops, you know.”

“I’m glad to hear you enjoyed yourself,” Molly told her. “I hope you managed to get some sensible clothes, though. Some of these Muggle fashion seem rather revealing to me.”

“Mum!” Ginny moaned. “You’ll only ever be happy if I’m wearing floor-length robes done up to the chin! Didn’t you ever wear anything a bit skimpy when you were younger?”

“Never you mind what I wore,” Molly said, not unkindly. “I just worry that you might get a reputation dressing in that manner.”

“Really, Mum, you have nothing to worry about. If you did want to see someone who dresses like a harlot, you should see this girl called Lavender Brown who’s in our house at school. She’s an early bloomer in the chest department and seems to want to make sure everyone’s aware of that fact.”

“There’s always one in every year like that. In my time there was this girl called Pamela Jennings. I never once saw the top three buttons of her blouse done up. She bent over in front of your father once and nearly gave him a heart attack,” Molly huffed.

“Oh, poor dad! He must have been devastated,” Ginny sniggered.

“He certain was after I was finished with him,” Molly winked.

Ginny burst out laughing.

“Now, will you be wanting dinner this evening,” Molly asked. “I know you said were going to get something while you were out.”

“I’ve already eaten, thanks,” Ginny replied. “Is it alright if I pop over to Harry’s for an hour or so? I’d really like to show him one of the outfits I bought.”

“Well, alright,” her mother agreed reluctantly, “but I’d like to see this new outfit before you go out. I’ll not have poor Sirius embarrassed by having my daughter turn up at his house dressed like a trollop.”

“Mum!” Ginny protested. “The voucher Harry gave me was for a very classy shop. I assure you that everything I have in these two bags is very respectable, thank you!”

“Of course, dear,” Molly smiled, “but I’d still like to see my little girl in her pretty new clothes.”

“I’ll be back down in a minute,” Ginny promised before planting a kiss on her mother’s cheek and bouncing up the stairs to her room.

She placed the two bags she had in her hands on the bed, before retrieving the other ones from her pocket. She returned them to normal size before stuffing them into the back of her wardrobe. While the two other bags might have only contained clothes that would meet her mother’s approval, the others most certainly did not. She quickly selected the clothes she wanted to wear now and hurriedly changed before heading back downstairs.

“What do you think, Mum?” Ginny asked as she entered the kitchen.

Molly turned away from the sink at the sound of her daughter’s voice. As soon as she caught sight of Ginny she gasped.

“Oh, Ginny! You look so grown-up,” her mother cried. “Those clothes look wonderful on you.”

“Really?” Ginny said dubiously. “It’s just a simple skirt and blouse combination. It’s nothing special really.”

“It might be simple, but it makes you look so sophisticated, my love. Honestly, those colours really suit you,” Molly gushed.

“If you say so,” Ginny replied. In truth, she considered what she had on to be rather dull and she’d only picked out the clothes because she knew they were items her mother wouldn’t object to.

“Just wait and see what Harry says when he sees you,” Molly said knowingly.

Taking that as her cue, Ginny said her farewells to her mother and took the Floo to Grimmauld Place. The first person she encountered was Sirius.

“My word, Ginny,” he commented as soon as he saw her. “You’re looking very chic today. Planning on impressing someone, are you?”

“Well, I did think Harry should get to see what his cash had bought,” she grinned.

“I’m sure he’ll think its money well spent,” Sirius informed her. “Actually, I think he could do with something to cheer him up. He seems to be in a bit of a gloomy mood today. He’s up in his room.”

“Thanks, Sirius,” Ginny said and headed up the stairs to Harry’s bedroom. She knocked lightly on the door and immediately she heard Harry’s voice telling her to come in.

“Hi, handsome,” she greeted her boyfriend as she entered. Harry was sitting on the end of his bed with a thick black book resting on his knees. His face lit up as soon as he saw her.

“Ginny! I wasn’t expecting to see you today,” Harry exclaimed happily. “Oh, wow! Did you get those clothes today? They look great!”

“Thank you,” Ginny said. “Are you okay? Sirius said you weren’t feeling too cheerful.”

“I’m okay, I guess,” Harry replied. “I just have the grumps today.”

“What are you looking at?” she asked, indicating the book on his lap.

“Oh, this is the photo album Hagrid got for me a while back. If I ever start to feel a bit down I like to look through it. I’ve never shown it to you, have I?” Harry asked.

“No, you haven’t,” Ginny confirmed as she sat down next to him. She peered at one of the photos in the book. “Oh, is that your parents? You really do look like your dad, don’t you?”

“That’s what everybody tells me,” Harry nodded.

“Hmm, I think you’re more handsome, though,” she said snuggling close to him. “You have those beautiful green eyes and your cheekbones are more defined.”

“If you say so,” Harry smirked. “I’m just relieved that you fancy me more than my dad!”

“Yeah, that would be a bit unfortunate, wouldn’t it?” she laughed. “Your mum is really pretty, though. Another redhead, I see.”

“Yeah, but her hair is more auburn, not bright red like yours. Mum was quite tall and willowy, too. And of course, she doesn’t have those sexy freckles that you have,” Harry said, wrapping his left arm around her.

“So, what you’re saying is I don’t look anything like your mum. Bearing in mind some of the things we get up to when we’re alone, that’s just as well, isn’t it?” Ginny teased.

“Yeah, fancying a girl that looked like my mum would be a bit weird, wouldn’t it?” Harry laughed.

“Too right!” she laughed. “But what got you so gloomy today? You were perfectly happy yesterday.”

“I don’t know, exactly,” Harry replied thoughtfully. “I guess it’s the thought of going back to Hogwarts soon. Normally, I can’t wait to return, but this summer has been the best of my life by a long chalk. I don’t want it to end, I suppose. I’m also a bit worried about Sirius being on his own. He drinks too much as it is, and he still doesn’t seem to have any interest finding any female company.”

“Give him time, Harry,” Ginny advised. “Perhaps he’s just waiting to meet the right girl.”

“Maybe,” Harry said dubiously, “but I just don’t like the idea of him being here all alone.”

“He won’t be alone. Remus and Tonks will be here all the time. Besides, I think Sirius is really getting into this whole spy thing. He seems to really enjoy trying to ferret out information on the Ministry. It will certainly keep him busy, anyway,” she assured him.

“Yeah, I hope so,” Harry nodded. “I just wish he had someone to call his own.”

“That’s very sweet of you,” Ginny told him, unwrapping his arm from around her shoulders and standing up.

“Oh, do you have to go so soon?” Harry asked in disappointment.

“No, I can stay a while longer,” she said with a wicked smile. “But I’m meant to be showing you the outfit I bought and I got side-tracked.”

“But I saw your outfit,” Harry protested mildly. “It looks great on you. I never imagined you wearing pink, but that shirt looks stunning on you.”

“Thank you,” Ginny replied, “but you’ve only seen part of my new outfit, Harry. You see, that shop also sold some very naughty underwear. Would you like to see?”

Harry’s eyes went wide. He seemed to temporarily lose the power of speech, so he just nodded vigorously instead.

“I really was quite shocked by some of the items they sold,” Ginny explained casually as she slowly began to unbutton her blouse. Harry had hurriedly paced his photo album on the floor and was now watching her intently.

“Yes, it was really amazing how risqué some of the undergarment were. Hermione was quite shocked when she saw them,” Ginny continued to explain as she let the blouse slip off her shoulders and fall on the floor. The bra she had bought was of ivory coloured satin with black lace trim. She was delighted to see Harry was practically drooling at the sight of it.

“Of course, Tonks thought all the items were wonderful. She even bought a few items herself.” Ginny carefully unzipped her skirt and let it fall slip slowly down. Her knickers were a matching design to her bra and were definitely rather skimpy. She stood for a moment allowing Harry to drink in the sight of her before she sauntered towards him.

“Do you like my choice, Harry?” she asked teasingly, letting her fingers caress his cheek.

“Yes!” Harry squeaked, his face flushed and his trousers suggesting he had blood-flow issues.

“I’m so glad,” she whispered as she bent forward and let her lips graze against his. Her hands slid down his chest and began to undo his belt. Harry said nothing, but leant back slightly to allow her easier access. “You know, I was asking the girls how I should best show my appreciation for you getting me such a wonderful birthday gift.”

“What did they say?”” Harry asked in a trembling voice.

Having undone his belt, Ginny slowly unzipped his flies before kneeling in front of him. With a determined motion, she yanked his trousers and boxer shorts down in one go.

“Oh, you won’t believe what Tonks suggested I should do to you,” she said huskily.

“What did she suggest?” Harry asked in a strangled voice.

“Happy birthday, Harry,” Ginny grinned.

“But it’s not my … Oh, sweet Merlin!” he exclaimed.

Conversation ceased as Harry slowly drifted off into ecstasy.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

“Legilimens!”

Ginny watched as Harry sat stone-faced and determined as Madam Hagen once again attempted to enter his mind. Over the past weeks, both of them had steadily been increasing their resistance to the point where their teacher was finding it increasingly hard to read their thoughts. Harry was proving particularly skilled at Occlumency, possibly as a result of having the added motivation of a piece of Voldemort in his head.

“Excellent, Harry!” Eva praised him. “I couldn’t get in at all that time.”

Harry let out an explosive breath and grinned. “Have I got this cracked, then?” he asked.

“You’re definitely getting there,” Eva assured him, “but you have a little way to go yet. Remember, it’s quite one thing to be able to resist someone who you know is trying to access your mind, it’s quite another to defend yourself against a surprise attack from somewhere unexpected.”

“I guess,” Harry acknowledged in disappointment.

“Do not be disheartened,” Eva encouraged him. “Ginny and yourself must rate as the best pupils I’ve ever had. Honestly, it takes most teenagers years to perfect this level of control and you’ve managed it in less than two months.”

“Thanks, Eva,” Harry said, smiling again. “I guess we can thank our wonderful teacher.”

“You’re very kind, Harry,” Eva said, stroking his cheek fondly. “Now, I think that will be all for today. I have a few things I need to discuss with Mr Black, so I would be grateful if you could give us some privacy.”

“Oh, no,” Ginny groaned. “What’s Sirius gone and done now?”

“Nothing for you to worry about, Ginny,” Eva smiled.

“Okay, we’ll head up to the library,” Harry decided. “We won’t be able to hear Sirius crying as you tell him off from there.”

“Very amusing,” Eva smirked. “Now, out; both of you. I have contract negotiations to undertake with Mr Black and I don’t want to be disturbed.”

Laughing, Harry took Ginny’s hand and they headed out of the first floor reception room they used for their lessons and headed up the stairs. They had just reached the second floor landing when Harry abruptly stopped.

“What’s the matter?” Ginny asked.

“Shush, I’m listening,” Harry said holding up a finger. He cocked his head as if he was straining to hear what was happening downstairs.

“Trying to hear Eva bully Sirius into giving her a pay rise?” Ginny giggled.

“Nah, I’m just making sure that they’re both busy,” he replied. “There! I heard the door close. I’m sure they’ll be deep in discussion for a while now.”

“What are you up to, Harry?” she asked suspiciously.

“Nothing much,” Harry grinned, wrapping his arms around her. “It’s just that we’ve only got another week or two until we head back to Hogwarts and we’re unlikely to get much privacy there, are we? I thought we could make the most of our remaining time and, after all, there are a number of unoccupied bedrooms on this floor.”

“Why, Mr Potter! Are you trying to lead poor, innocent, little me astray with your wicked ways?” she in her best little girl voice.

“Why, Miss Weasley, that was my intension, yes,” he smirked.

“Alright, then!” Ginny laughed and began to pull him towards the nearest bedroom.

They hurriedly entered the spare room and as soon as the door was closed they launched themselves at each other. Ginny felt Harry’s eager hands running up and down her body as their tongues lazily caressed each other. She gasped as he pressed her back against the door as he began to plant a trail of kissed along her neck. His hand slipped underneath her top and began to inch upwards. His fingers had just begun to stroke the silky material of her bra when suddenly she heard voices in the hallway outside.

“Shit!” she hissed. “Someone’s coming!”

“Quick, hide!” he whispered urgently.

“Where?” she demanded.

“Under the bed,” he urged and grabbed her hand. They had both just managed to scamper out of sight when they heard the door open.

“Really, Madam Hagen, I don’t know why we had to come up here for our discussion. What can be so secret that that we couldn’t discuss it in the kitchen?” they heard Sirius’s voice ask.

“Your godson and his delightful girlfriend are still in the house and they both have an inquisitive nature,” Eva’s voice replied. “I feel it is prudent to select this out-of-the-way location for our discussion.”

“Very well,” Sirius sighed. “We’re here now; what is it that you wish to talk about.”

“You know, of course, that I am a master Legilimens and that I am magically-bound not to discuss anything that I discover in this house by that method, yes?” Eva asked.

“Yes, I’m aware of that,” Sirius said cautiously.

“Well, I should explain, Mr Black, that in my profession it is considered entirely ethical for a teacher to scan their employer’s thoughts. It’s not unknown for us to be hired by less than reputable types and it can be considered something of an insurance measure,” she explained.

“You’ve been reading my mind?” Sirius exclaimed in horror.

“I have, Mr Black, and, frankly, what I’ve discovered rather shocks me,” Eva replied.

“What the hell’s going on?” Harry whispered to Ginny. She merely shook her head in confusion.

“What are you talking about?” Sirius demanded.

“Your thoughts, Mr Black, are rather improper,” she continued. “Specifically, your thoughts about me.”

“What?” Sirius yelped.

“I know you’ve been looking at me when you think I’m not aware,” she insisted. “Undressing me with your eyes. Fantasising about what you’d like to do to me.”

“I assure you, Madam Hagen, I do not think of you in that way!” Sirius said in a panicky voice.

“It’s alright, Mr Black, I do understand,” Eva replied soothingly. “I quite understand how someone who has been held in captivity for as long as you were can feel so… frustrated. After that unfortunately incident with that young lady from the Ministry, I can understand you wanting a woman with a little more experience.”

“What? How dare you look at those memories! Besides, that was just a one-off. I’ve never had problems like that before…”

“Hush, Mr Black. Remember, you can’t lie to me; I know your every whim and desire. And I do understand your problems. Spending that amount of time in Azkaban can affect a man’s performance. It’s really nothing to be ashamed of,” she assured him.

“I’m not ashamed!” Sirius cried. “And I can assure you that I do not fantasise about you, Madam Hagen. You’re quite mistaken about that!”

“Really, Mr Black, who are you trying to convince? Admit it, you frequently stare at my chest, do you not?” she asked in amusement.

“It’s difficult not to,” Sirius muttered. “But that does not mean I’m lusting after you, Madam Hagen, you really have… what the hell are you doing?”

“I’m taking my clothes off, Mr Black,” she replied calmly. “I feel it’s part of my duty as a teacher to help you get over your… little problem. I assure you that you will experience no such difficulties with me.”

“Oh, my god…” Sirius whimpered.

From her limited perspective under the bed, Ginny could only see Eva and Sirius’s feet. Her eyes bulged in shock, therefore, when Madam Hagen’s white blouse landed on the floor a few feet from the bed. She glanced over at Harry who appeared to be in the early stages of a heart-attack. He looked back at her in horror.

“Please, Madam Hagen… Eva! There’s no need for you to do this!” Sirius begged.

“Come now, my handsome employer, I know how much you want me; I’ve seen it in your mind. I’m going to make your dreams come true,” Eva purred.

Ginny’s jaw dropped as Madam Hagen skirt landed next to her discarded blouse.

“Admit it!” Eva commanded in a stern voice. “Admit how to ache to feel a woman’s naked body against your own! Your fear is holding you back, but with me you need worry no longer!”

“Mumph!” Ginny heard Sirius splutter and she wondered what was going on just out of sight.

Nervously, she exchanged worried glances with Harry. It had suddenly gone very quiet above them. She was just beginning to wonder if she should try to take a peek to see what was happening, when the bed they were hiding under suddenly bulged alarmingly, nearly crushing poor Harry who was nearer the centre than she was.

“Oh, ja! Nimm mich, du Schelm!” cried Madam Hagen, who apparently reverted to her native language in times of passion.

Harry, who had scampered over next to Ginny, looked up in dismay. He was clearly imagining what was going on just a couple of feet above his head. Ginny, for her part, watching in complete amazement as the largest bra she had ever seen landed on the floor beside her.

“Oh, Eva!” Sirius said in a breathy voice. “You’re magnificent!”

Ginny felt as if she was paralysed. She lay rigidly and watched numbly as other items of clothing began to join the other items on the floor. Soon, the shower of garments ceased and all that could be heard was muffled moaning and the bed jiggling slightly. Then, the bed springs began to squeak in a most alarming manner.

Then, gradually at first, the bed began shake. The mattress above their heads began to bulge rhythmically and a grunting sound could be heard.

“Ja! Ja! Gib’s mir! Schneller! Schneller!” Eva screamed.

“Let’s get the hell out of here!” Harry begged in an urgent whisper. As he was in serious danger of being crushed again, Ginny couldn’t blame him for wanting to move.

Hoping that that the occupants of the bed were too busy to notice, Ginny crawled hurriedly out from under cover and towards the door. She kept her eyes firmly on the door handle as she went and tried to ignore what was going on behind her.

Reaching the door, she stretched up and carefully turned the handle. Opening the door a crack, she crawled out as fast as her hands and knees would take her. A moment later, Harry emerged behind her and as soon as he was in the hallway he reached back and gently closed the door behind them. As the door swung closed, Ginny caught an inadvertent glimpse of a naked Madam Eva straddling a stunned-looking Sirius Black. It was an image that would haunt her for days.

“Oh, shit,” Harry mumbled as soon as the door closed. “I think I’m scarred for life.”

“Did you see the size of Madam Eva’s boobie-holder?” Ginny asked in awe. “You could fit a pair of Hagrid’s prize-winning pumpkins in that thing!”

“Oh, god! Oh, god! Oh, goddddddd,” Sirius’s voice leaked through the door. The squeaking of the bed springs had now reached an ear-shattering volume.

“Come on, let’s get out of here!” Harry begged.

“Yeah, let’s head up to the roof,” Ginny suggested. “We shouldn’t be able to hear anything from up there.”

“Is that far enough? “ Harry asked, scrambling to his feet. “I was thinking more along the lines of Mozambique, just to be on the safe side.”

“Come on,” Ginny smirked, grabbing his hand. “I’ll tell you one thing though, Harry.”

“What’s that?” he asked.

“Madam Hagen appears to have solved Sirius’s ‘little problem’ quite efficiently!” she giggled.

Laughing, they both ran up the stairs.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP


Ginny sat at the kitchen table eating her breakfast. Across from her, Ron was doing his usual efficient job of eating everything in sight. Fortunately, this meant that he was ignoring her, a state Ginny was quite happy with.

The twins were also present at the breakfast table and were in their usual boisterous mood. As had become their habit, they had spent a good portion of the morning trying to tease her about her relationship with Harry. Sadly for them, she merely smiled and shrugged at their suggestive comments and innuendoes.

She had just finished her morning meal and was just contemplating having seconds when a distinguished-looking screech owl swooped in through the open kitchen window and landed on the table.

“Oh, it looks like your Hogwarts letters have arrived, kids,” Molly announced from where she was standing at the sink.

“About time!” Ron declared, dropping his knife and fork and lunging for the letters attached to the owl’s leg. The bird glared at him in annoyance.

Ginny frowned at her brother’s behaviour. Frankly, after the year he’d had she would have thought Ron would have been the last person to be keen to find out his exam results from last term. Something was definitely going on.

By that point, Ron had managed to detach the letters from the owl and located his. Ungraciously, he threw the other three letters in Fred’s general direction and began to rip open his own envelope. Tutting, Ginny gently stroked the feathers of the ruffled bird and gave it some bacon as a peace offering.

While the bird gratefully accepted the titbits, Ginny watched her brother with mounting confusion. He had removed his school letter from the envelope and thrown it onto the table with barely a glance. Seeing her look at him, Ron smirked and tipped the envelope up, letting something hard and shiny fall onto the kitchen table. It was a badge with a large letter ‘P’ on it.

“They made you a prefect?” Ginny nearly screeched. “No bloody way!”

“Ginny!” her mother scolded her. “Mind your language. You should be pleased for your brother; being made a prefect is a great honour.”

“But how did this git get made a prefect?” George demanded. “He was nearly expelled last term!”

“Yeah,” Fred agreed. “Remember how he had to sleep in the third-years’ dorm?”

“There’s no way you ever deserved that badge, Ron!” Ginny said angrily.

“What’s the matter? Thought your precious boyfriend would get the position? Well, let me tell you something, Ginny, not everyone is so enamoured by the arrogant, stuck-up, moron!” Ron snarled. “The teachers are onto his little games now and things are going to be different next term, mark my words!”

“Sweet Merlin, he’s worse than Percy was!” Fred exclaimed in horror.

Ron’s head snapped in his brother’s direction. “Yeah, well, I’m starting to see Percy’s point of view. He never had any time for that poncey Boy Who Lived, and he was right! Besides, he’s the one who’s got a great job and is earning loads of cash, isn’t he?”

“Bill earns more than him,” George pointed out, “and Charlie isn’t far behind.”

“Percy earns a damn sight more than Dad though, doesn’t he?” Ron taunted.

Feeling her temper was nearly at boiling point, Ginny reached forward and grabbed Ron’s end of term report card. She quickly scanned his exam results before he had a chance to snatch it back.

“I knew it!” she exclaimed. “Not a single grade above ‘Acceptable’. In fact, there are a couple of ‘Poor’s in there, too, and a ‘Dreadful’ in History! How did you get made prefect with marks like this?”

“I was the best choice,” Ron snapped. “Who else would they give it to? I’m the only pure-blood wizard in my year, apart from Neville and they’re not going to give it to him, are they?”

“Since when does blood status mean anything when handing out prefect badges?” Fred asked in a cold voice.

“It might not mean anything to you, but it does to some people,” Ron sneered. “You three had better be careful next term and treat me with the respect I deserve. You’re going to find yourselves in a lot of trouble if you don’t, I promise you.”

“Now, Ron, remember this appointment is a privilege and is not to be abused,” Molly said warily. “It can be taken away as quickly as it was given, so I expect proper behaviour from you, understand?”

“Of course, Mum,” Ron said with a rather insincere smile. “Is it okay if I head over to Neville’s place now? I can’t wait to tell him about this.”

“Yes, I suppose so, dear,” Molly said in a weary voice.

Ron immediately leapt up from the table and headed towards the Floo without a backward glance. Ginny furiously turned on her mother.

“You knew about this, didn’t you?” she accused.

“Ginny! Do not use that tone of voice with me!” Molly snapped.

“You did though, didn’t you, Mum?” George said. “This is a really, really bad idea.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Molly retorted. “Just because you and your brother have no respect for school rules, it doesn’t mean everyone is the same. I’m sure Ron will do very well next term.”

“Mum, Ron was nearly expelled last term because he ignored school rules. What makes you think he’ll change this term? And more to the point, what has he done to deserve this?” Ginny said, trying desperately to remain calm.

“Ginny’s right, Mum,” Fred said. “Ron was a waste of space last year. Not only was he rotten to Harry and Ginny, once Hermione stopped speaking to him he put zero effort into his schoolwork. Prefects are supposed to lead by example.”

“Like you would know anything about that,” Molly shot back. “The pair of you could both do with shaping up a great deal.”

“Perhaps, but we never expected to be made prefects,” George pointed out. “Mum, what’s going on?”

Molly sighed and seemed to deflate in front of their eyes.

“I know it seems an odd thing to do, but I really believe it’s for the best,” she explained. “I’ve been worried sick about Ron all summer and your father and I have been racking our brains about what to do. We went and talked to Professor Dumbledore and he suggested that a lot of Ron’s problems were due to him feeling inferior. The poor boy has always been in his brothers’ shadows and has never really stood out. Albus thought that if Ron was given a little more responsibility he might rise to the challenge. This could be really good for your brother, please don’t ruin it for him.”

“Yeah, it sounded like he was going to rise to the challenge just then, didn’t it?” George scoffed. “He thinks he’s entitled to the appointment because he’s a pure-blood and that he can act any damn well way he pleases now.”

“You’ve rewarded him for misbehaving last term,” Ginny said accusingly. “What sort of message is that going to send to him?”

“This was a really bad idea,” Fred agreed.

“Just give him a chance, please,” Molly begged. “Just be supportive of your brother, that’s all I ask.”

Without a word, Fred and George pushed their chairs back and stood up. They walked out of the kitchen without a backward glance. Ginny stood up to follow them, but she did pause in the doorway and look back at her mother.

“This was a huge mistake and it’s going to come back and haunt you, Mum,” she said in a quiet voice.

Without waiting for a reply, she stormed out of the room. Harry was definitely not going to like this news one little bit.













Reviews 213
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear