Search:

SIYE Time:6:00 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111376; Chapter Total: 5773





Author's Notes:
Anything to do with Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling, I just have a guest pass for the duration of my stories. FIRST FANFIC!! here we go....




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


It was a delightful March morning when 22-year-old Auror Harry Potter entered the Leaky Cauldron in anticipation of an early lunch. He had just returned from a week long mission in France, had written his report that morning and now had several days off. He'd headed to Diagon Alley to do some shopping and was now hoping to catch up with family and friends, and where better to do that than the Leaky Cauldron; there was sure to be someone there he'd want to see. He opened the door and took a few steps inside, going up to the main bar.

A quick glance around saw a few groups of wizards and witches but none he knew.

'Harry, hi, how are you?" asked Hannah Abbott. She had been in Hufflepuff in Harry's year, and a year after the Battle of Hogwarts had taken over the reins of the Leaky Cauldron.

''Good, thanks Hannah", replied Harry. "Tell me, am I too early for lunch? I've been away with work and thoughts of your lamb stew were the one thing I promised myself as soon as I got home", he said laughing.

"Oh, go on with you, Harry; I know you have Kreacher and Dobby fighting over who will do the cooking for you and Sirius at home, and an elf's cooking would be better than the cook I have out the back. But yes, its just gone 11, so lunch is now being served, how about a couple of slices of freshly cooked bread to go with that lamb stew? asked Hannah.

"Sounds perfect! Now all I need is some company, anyone interesting here this morning? "asked Harry.

"Well actually, I thought you might be meeting Neville and Sirius, they have been in the far back corner for the last half hour or so, must be something going on, they quickly stopped talking when I went to re-fill their coffee. Neville asked if I knew anyone who could help a friend find a house, I told him Ernie MacMillan might be able to help", responded Hannah.

"Hmm, think I'll wander over and say hi; would you bring my lunch over when its ready, thanks Hannah?" asked Harry.

She nodded and went back into the kitchen to place Harry's order. Harry made his way through the room, avoiding eye contact with patrons as he didn't want a fuss made of him being there, which still happened, even though it was now nearly 5 years since the Battle of Hogwarts.

He saw them sitting in the farthest, darkest corner, heads bent close, talking quietly. They were so focused on their conversation they didn't notice Harry was so close, and this allowed Harry to hear part of their conversation.

"Won't be there long.....The Burrow......more secure ......Sarah and Sam......May.....team announced....."

Harry couldn't make out who said what and, as he was trying to make sense of what he had heard, Sirius looked up and saw him.

"Harry, back from your mission! Just get in?" he asked.

"No, I flooed in late last night; didn't want to wake you, and just had to go in this morning for a physical and do my report. Now I have a few days off. Hi Neville, how are you?" asked Harry

"Fine, thanks Harry. Look Sirius, I think we're done here, I'll be in touch soon, our friend should arrive any time, will you let me know when, we all have a lot to catch up on", said Neville with a quick nod at Harry's greeting then a significant look at Sirius. He quickly got up from the table and made his way to the front entrance, pausing only to say a few words with Hannah, that made her blush.

Harry slipped into the seat vacated by Neville. Hannah brought his lunch over and placed it in front of Harry, stopping only to ask Sirius if he wanted anything. Sirius shook his head, Hannah left and Sirius watched Harry hungrily attack his lunch.

"Tonks will be glad you've got a few days off, its Remus's birthday soon, she's planning a dinner, she was worried it was just going to be me and Andromeda there. Like Moony would care, not exactly Mr Social Butterfly, that one, Sirius said, laughing.

"Yeah, no problems, it will be great to see Teddy again too, What's he now, nearly 5? I might pop over later and catch up with them. What were you and Neville talking so seriously about?" asked Harry.

Sirius went quiet, nothing much got past Harry. "We were just discussing a mutual…friend, who needs a secure place to stay for a short while. I volunteered Grimmauld Place; Neville has some doubts and there you have it. That's when you came in" replied Sirius.

"A mutual friend. Of yours and Neville's? asked Harry, surprised.

"Yes, is that so surprising? asked Sirius.

'Frankly, yes, since when do you and Neville have the same friends, apart from me and the Weasleys?" asked Harry

"You know Harry, just because you didn't think I could be of any help to you on the Horcrux Hunt with Ron and Hermione, doesn't mean other people didn't think I was useless. Neville and G...our friend, they needed me, I mean REALLY needed me!' said Sirius, getting up from the table.

"Sirius, wait, please, I..." stammered Harry.

"FYI, we are having a guest arrive any time now; she will be staying with us as long as she wants. and I expect you to be courteous to her. Now, I have things to do, goodbye" said Sirius tersely, as he left the venue with a quick nod as he passed Hannah.

"Someones not happy" said Hannah as she began wiping down the table and piling Harry's dirty bowl and plate together, ready to take back to the kitchen. "Yet, Neville seemed in good spirits when he left," she continued. "Told me closure is a beautiful word, whatever that means". she shrugged, and returned to the kitchen.

Harry had plenty to think of as, with a quick wave to Hannah, he left the Leaky Cauldron and apparated to Remus and Tonks' place, spending a fun afternoon catching up with Remus and Tonks (who Harry thought was a bit quiet and kept giving him strange looks) and going flying with Teddy, who kept hinting he was ready for a junior broomstick for his 5th birthday and maybe his favourite godfather would want to buy it for him.

So it was a very happy Harry who apparated to Grimmauld Place later that afternoon, looking forward to a relaxing night at home. He made his way to the kitchen to see Dobby and Kreacher preparing tea, there were delicious smells wafting from the oven and made Harry realise how hungry he was. After reassuring Dobby he didn't want to ruin his appetite with a pre-dinner snack, he told the house elves he was going to take a quick shower. He went to go up the stairs to his bedroom but collided with a warm soft body who was coming down the stairs.

"Oh Merlin, I'm sorry, I...." started Harry, rubbing his chest. He sniffed and froze, slowly lifting his head to stare into a familiar pair of warm brown eyes. The monster in his chest grumbled.

"Hello Harry" said Ginny Weasley.
Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear