Search:

SIYE Time:13:36 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111635; Chapter Total: 4248





Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay. This chapter will show you the reason Ginny had a fight with Harry, Ron and Hermione. It's short, but it leads to the next two chapters.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 12 Broken

Harry couldn't believe a 4 and a half year old little girl would change a household but Sam's arrival did. This little girl found joy in the simplest things, from being able to cuddle baby Tina, to Kreacher making her favourite scones. She loved being able to play with Teddy every day, visiting Nanna and Poppy at the Burrow or trips to Diagon Alley. She formed an instant friendship with Dobby, kept her room tidy and loved reading and drawing. And she adored Harry, a feeling that was mutual. Grimmauld Place soon had the feel of a family home.

Sarah was the lady who had arrived with Sam. Taller than Ginny with long black hair, she had a muscular build, due to her time playing for the Wollongong Warriors as a beater. She had started her career with Puddlemere United but asked for a transfer to follow her then boyfriend back to his home in Australia. The romance didn't last but she stayed with the Warriors until injury forced her retirement. Being in her mid thirties, she'd reasoned she probably wouldn't have children, so the job with Ginny, as Sam's carer when Ginny was training or at matches, worked out fine. She got on well with Ginny, Sam was adorable, the pay was reasonable and now it had allowed her to return home to England. She clashed with Sirius a bit but fitted well into their 'family'.

Sirius arrived back in a despondent mood but soon brightened with Sam around. She adored Uncle Siri, especially when he would change into Padfoot for her and Teddy's amusement. Harry was surprised at how at ease Sirius was with the children, but Remus assured him that was what Sirius had been like with Harry when he was a baby.

Harry would often watch Sam, sometimes surprised that Ginny had such a 'girly' daughter. He knew Ginny was quite the tomboy growing up, despite Molly's best intentions. Here was Sam, twirling around to make a dress fan out, pretending to be a princess or a dancer or a fairy from one of her books. Despite the red hair and brown eyes, he couldn't see much of a likeness to Ginny. He longed to ask her about Sam's father but really didn't know how to even begin that conversation. Sirius, Remus and Tonks had told him to ask Ginny but he couldn't help but remember the accusations Ron and Hermione had thrown at her 5 years ago, while he had been too stunned to say anything. He had let her down that day, would she think he didn't deserve to know the truth about Sam now?

**FLASHBACK**
When Harry and Ron had got an owl from Hermione at Hogwarts saying Ginny was in the Hospital wing they just assumed it was a Quidditch injury and decided to go visit the next day, which they had off because it was the weekend. There was only a week left of the current school year and they'd planned to go the Graduation ceremony the following Thursday, then meet the girls at Kings Cross on the Friday. So when they arrived early in the morning and found Hermione in quite a state, they were alarmed, she was close to tears.

“Oh, what kept you so long, I've been so worried,” she cried. Ron stepped up and took her in his arms.

“Woah, what's got you all worked up, then? We're here now, let's go and see her. So, what happened, bludger?” he asked.

“No, Ron, you don't understand, it's nothing like that, it's-it's...” and she burst into tears. Ron and Harry exchanged worried looks.

“Hermione, tell me, please. What's wrong with Ginny?” asked Harry, desperately worried.

“Harry, oh God, this is so hard. Do you remember when I found you earlier in the term?” asked Hermione.

Harry had missed Ginny so much that he sometimes snuck into the Room of Requirement to meet Ginny. On one occasion, after a lovemaking session, they had fallen asleep, waking in a panic a couple of hours later. Hermione was doing rounds, and caught them sneaking out.

“Um, er, yeah.” stumbled Harry, frowning at Hermione.

“Did you ever tell Ron?” she asked.

“Tell me what?” asked Ron, looking from one to the other.

“Look, what's that got to do with anything, Hermione?” asked Harry, getting impatient, “I just want to go see my girlfriend and make sure she's okay.”

“Harry, did you know Ginny left Hogwarts a few times this term to go to appointments in Muggle London?” she asked. Ron still looked confused, his head going from one to the other.

“What? No! I had no idea!” said Harry. “Did McGonogall know?” Hermione nodded.

“She must have. Ginny and I...we haven't been so close lately, but I knew she was leaving the school at times. She didn't tell me why. Anyway, she left after lunch on Wednesday and she only came back yesterday afternoon. I went to the Infirmary to see her and I, well I couldn't help overhearing her talking to Neville and Luna. She was saying how painful it was, oh I couldn't hear everything, and that she was glad to finally be rid of it. Then she said how upset she was but would always remember, and then I...I...oh, Harry, she mentioned a baby. Harry, I think Ginny had an abortion!” and Hermione broke down sobbing.

Harry stood there, unable to hear from the blood rushing to his head. No, Ginny wouldn't do that, would she? She had said she wanted a Quidditch career but, no, Ginny wouldn't...wouldn't...do that! Would she?

“Wait a minute, are you saying my sister was pregnant. Cos that would mean she's had sex. With someone. Ginny, my sister Ginny, who's in love with...” and he turned to face Harry. His face was red as he yelled at Harry “Have you been sleeping with my sister? Did you get her pregnant?”

Harry didn't say anything, he was still trying to come to terms with what Hermione had told him.

“Wait, she had an abortion?” asked Ron. Hermione nodded “How could she do that, without telling Harry, at least. I didn't think she'd do anything like that, ever! Did you, Hermione?”

Hermione shook her head, sniffling “No, but like I said, Ginny and I haven't been close this year. Harry, are you okay?”

Harry was anything but okay, he needed to speak to Ginny. The three of them set off. Madame Pomfrey wasn't around so they went in. Ginny was the only one in there and she was just waking up, a bit drowsy from a potion. She winced as she turned over and saw Ron and Hermione heading toward her, their bodies blocking Harry from her view.

“Oh, hey guys, how's things? You're here early. Ron, how's Auror training?”

“I can't believe you, Ginny Weasley! What the bloody hell have you done? Were you even going to tell Harry, ever?” yelled Ron.

“What are you talking about, Ron?” asked Ginny, confused, trying to sit up and wincing.

Hermione stepped up to the bed. “I heard you Ginny, talking about getting rid of it. Then I heard Neville say something about a baby, and then you said how upset you were and you would always remember her.” Ginnys face went pale. Hermione continued. “How could you do that to Harry?” she asked.

“And what do you think I've done to Harry, Hermione” asked Ginny in a cold voice.

“You had an abortion!” said Hermione viciously. “You found out you were pregnant, and you've been visiting the doctor and yesterday you had an abortion. I never would have thought that of you!” and she turned into Ron's side, crying.

As she turned aside, Ginny saw Harry, looking stunned, standing near the door. She could tell just by looking at him, he'd believed every word Ron and Hermione had said. Her heart breaking, Ginny looked at Harry, tears welling in her eyes.

“Harry?” she whispered. Harry shook his head, he had no idea what to even say to her. Her heart snapped in two.

“Get out,” she said quietly. Ron and Hermione stepped back to stand either side of Harry. Ron opened his mouth to say something but Ginny had had enough.

“GET OUT! GET OUT!” she yelled, crying. Madame Pomfrey came rushing in, nearly barrelling the Trio over to get to her patient.

“What's going on here. Out now, you three, let me get Miss Weasley settled. Go on now, out!”

They went out and waited. Fifteen minutes Madame Pomfrey came out looking for them and she came over to where they had been waiting. “I don't know what just happened but Miss Weasley does NOT want to see you, and I need her to calm down, or she will burst those stupid Muggle stitches. She needs rest!” said Madame Pomfrey, looking quite cross.

“Muggle stitches? Look, Madame Pomfrey, it's okay, we know about,you know, the baby, and we...” began Hermione, when Madame Pomfrey interrupted.

“Baby! What are you talking about Miss Granger? There is no baby!” she said.

“We know there's no baby, because she had the operation to, you know, get rid of it,” stumbled Ron, looking embarrassed. Harry still hadn't said anything.

Madame Pomfrey took a deep breath and looked disapproving at the three. “I don't know where you got your information but you are wrong. And you shouldn't go around accusing people of things like that. No wonder Miss Weasley is in a state. Mr Weasley, you're her brother, you should know her better than that. And you Miss Granger, I'm surprised at you, and you Mr Potter, telling tales like that. Miss Weasley is not, and has never been pregnant. Is that clear enough? Now good day gentleman. Miss Granger, I'll be discussing this with Head Mistress McGonogall!” and with a nod of her head she returned to the Infirmary.

The three walked out onto the Hogwarts grounds, not talking, still stunned from Madame Pomfrey's tirade. Hermione was the first to speak “Well, how were we to know, I just...”

Harry cut her off “Enough Hermione, just...drop it,” he said angrily.

“Harry, I'm sorry, I really thought-”

“ENOUGH!” snapped Harry, a powerful wave radiating off him. “Haven't you done enough?”

Hermione and Ron watched Harry stomp off towards Hagrid's hut. Hermione went to follow him, but Ron grabbed her arm, stopping her. “Let him go, he needs time to think,” he said.

Hermione wanted to go after Harry but knew Ron was right. “You're right. I know it. I just hate that he's hurting,” she said. She waited and when Ron didn't say anything she turned to face him. “Ron...?”

“How long, Hermione? How long have you known they've been sleeping together, huh? Didn't think it was something I should know? Is that why you're not getting on with Ginny? Are you jealous that she's with Harry? What other secrets are you and Harry keeping from me?” he yelled.

“What! Ron, no, it's not like that! I mean, yes, I'm a bit jealous, but, wait, where are you going...it's not what you think...Ron, please!” she wailed. It was too late, Ron had stomped off in the opposite direction Harry had taken. Hermione sat down on the grass and wept.


Harry also remembered the next day, he and Ron had came back, and with Hermione, they had gone to apologise to Ginny, who'd been waiting for Bill to take her back to the Burrow to finish her recuperation there.

She had listened to their apology. For a brief minute, Harry thought everything was going to be alright. Harry still remembered the words she'd said to him and him alone.

“That you would even consider it possible that I would abort our child, your child, hurts me the most. All our talk of our future, what we meant to each other... I can't believe it. You have broken me, Harry. You've broken us! As far as I'm concerned, the three of you can go to Hell” and she had broken down sobbing.

Harry was about to grab her and pull her into his arms when Bill arrived, lifting Ginny into his arms and walking away with her, throwing the Trio a dirty look.

Harry had decided not to attend the graduation ceremony, but Hermione later told him Ginny, hadn't returned to Hogwarts at all.

**END FLASHBACK**

Harry came out of his musings and ran his hands through his hair. Five years later Ginny has returned to his life with a child, and he knew by her age she wasn't his. So who is her father? He and Ginny were going to sit down and talk everything through, once and for all. Then, he was going to get her back!




Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear