Search:

SIYE Time:22:16 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111626; Chapter Total: 4317





Author's Notes:
Bit of a filler chapter to get us to the next part, although several small clues are here that will impact the story later on.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chap 16 untitled

Several days later, Harry left Ginny with Bill for her appointment at Gringotts, then he and Sam headed to the Ministry of Magic. Harry had to go there for a brief meeting with Kingsley Shacklebolt. He left Sam in his office, talking to Auror Williams, who had agreed to watch her while Harry was in his meeting. She was sitting on his chair, swinging around, getting bored. Harry's brief meeting had now gone on for twenty minutes.

“Want to go get some milk and biscuits?” asked Auror Williams.

Sam nodded and they went down the hall. She passed other Auror's desks, and noted that some had photos of their families and pictures drawn by their children on their walls. Harry's desk held two photos, one of his parents and one of Remus, Tonks and Sirius with baby Teddy. When they returned to Harry's office, Ginny was in the corridor talking with another witch.

“I'd really love any input you could give us Ginny, you've played in Australia, we're getting conflicting reports from our staff in Australia about the conditions of the stadiums, the warm up areas, weather forecasts, oh there are so many things we need to look into and we are running out of time. For every problem I fix at our end, ten more pop up over there!” said the witch.

“Well, I really don't know if I could be much help. You might want to talk to my brother, he has lots of ideas and theories about the World Cup being in Australia, and from what I heard when I saw him on Father's Day, some of his ideas sounded pretty good,” said Ginny.

She spotted Sam coming down the hall. “Hi sweetie, where's Harry?” she asked, picking up Sam and cuddling her as she ate her biscuit.

“He's still in with Minister Shacklebolt, ma'am,” said Auror Williams. They all stepped into Harry's office.

“Excuse me, Ginny, which brother am I looking for and where will I find him?” asked the witch Ginny had been speaking to before.

“Oh, sorry Susan, it's Ron you will want to talk to, and you can try finding him at WWW. If he's not there, my other brother George is the owner, and he may know where you can find him,” said Ginny, a bit distractedly.

Just then Harry came into his office.

“It's not every day I walk into my office to find it full of beautiful women!” he quipped.

Sam giggled, Auror Williams chuckled and left to return to her own office and Ginny smiled weakly. The other witch smiled at Harry, waved, and left for her own meeting with Kingsley. Harry turned to Ginny, “Was that Susan Bones you were talking to?” he asked.

“Hmm, oh, yes, she's a part of the Magical Games and Sport Department, and sounds like she's pretty involved in the World Cup. She's here for a briefing with Kingsley, and she was asking me if I could give her any information. I don't know that I could be of much help. I told her to go see Ron, the way he was talking at the Burrow the other night, he could be the answer to her prayers.” said Ginny, brushing crumbs off Sam's face.

“I thought you were going to wait at Gringotts for me to come get you? I don't want you wandering around alone,” said Harry.

“Harry, your five minute meeting lasted half an hour. Besides, Bill brought me over,” said Ginny.

Harry looked at his watch and swore. “Damn, oops, sorry Sam, I mean, oh gosh, I didn't think I had been gone so long. Sorry, Gin,” he apologised.

“That's a sickle in the swear jar, Harry,” giggled Sam.

Harry and Ginny both laughed, but when they looked at each other, Ginny looked away. There had been an uneasy truce between them since Cho's letter had interrupted them. Ginny hadn't asked about the contents of the letter and Harry hadn't been forthcoming with any information about it.

Indeed he'd found himself in a quandary. The Victory Ball was held every year on July 31. Harry had asked Cho to go with him last time they'd slept together, which was just before Ginny had arrived. He'd only seen Cho once since then, the day they'd had coffee. Harry hadn't given the Ball any more thought until Cho's letter had come. She was going away for a couple of weeks and wouldn't return until the day of the Ball, when Harry was supposed to pick her up. Harry realised he would have to go through with the date and then end things with Cho once and for all. Luckily Ginny hadn't mentioned the Ball, and Harry certainly wasn't going to bring it up!

“Harry, where's your pictures and stuff?” asked Sam, looking around at his office, sitting in his chair.

“What do you mean, sweetie?” asked Harry, confused.

“Well, some of the other Aurors, they have things on their desks from their little girls and boys, like pictures and stuff, and lots of photos. You've just got these two. Who are they?” she asked, pointing to the photo of James and Lily that Hagrid had given him long ago.

“That's my parents,” said Harry. “And I don't have any other pictures because I don't have any kids to draw me anything.”

Sam took Harry's hand in her and looked up at him. “You have me now, Harry. I'll draw you the bestest picture ever!” she declared.

Harry picked her up and hugged her, this little girl that had stolen his heart. “That would be great, sweetie, thank you. Now ladies, I am officially off duty, where can I escort you. I am at your command,” he said, bowing to Sam, who giggled again.

“Lunch at the Leaky? I'm famished. Then, if it's alright, I'd like to go see Tonks and Remus,” suggested Ginny.

“Sounds good. Let me sign out, then we can go,” said Harry.

They made their way through the Ministry and flooed to Diagon Alley. They stopped briefly in the Magical Menagerie store, Sam trying, and failing, to convince Ginny they needed a kitten. They passed Gringotts and headed for the Leaky Cauldron, stopping briefly at WWW. Sam was telling George about wanting a kitten but that mummy had said no, so George offered her a pygmy puff.. Sam was thrilled, picking out a little pink one. George told her she could pick it up after her lunch. She spent the rest of their walk to the Leaky Cauldron thinking up names.

They enjoyed a nice hearty soup for lunch, with crusty fresh baked bread. Sam finished eating quickly, then had to go the loo. Hannah offered to take her, thus giving Harry and Ginny a chance to talk.

“Did everything go okay at Gringotts? You've been quiet since you got to my office?” asked Harry.

Ginny shrugged and said, “Just a few legal things to take care of. Anything new on Lucius?”

Harry shook his head. “No, we've spoken with Draco again, just general questions, he's not under any suspicion. Actually, he's been quite helpful. He's, I don't know, changed. Not so arrogant, seems to want Lucius caught as soon as possible. I think Astoria has been a good influence on him, especially since Narcissa died,” he said.

Ginny nodded. “Yes, I think so too. It must have been hard for him, growing up with Lucius for a father. They may have had wealth, but I wouldn't trade the way we were brought up for anything. If I can give Sam those same values, then I will have done my job as a mother,” she said, smiling as Sam returned.

Harry continued. “I think things are serious between him and Astoria, she owled him while we were talking to him, saying she had to go out of town for a while with her mum and sister to visit a sick aunt. He seemed pretty down about it,” he said, pulling Sam on his knee. “All better?” he asked Sam.

“Uh-huh. Were you talking about Uncle Draco and “Storia?” she asked.

Ginny nodded as they got up to go. “Yes, sweetie. Uncle Draco is sad that Astoria will be away for awhile. Now, let's go get your pygmy puff, then we can take it to show Teddy. Have you decided on a name?” she asked.

“Yep, I'm gonna call her Tinkerbell!” she stated.

*******************************

A couple of hours later, Remus and Harry sat watching the children play with the puffskein. Tina was asleep, and Ginny and Tonks had decided to go on an impromptu shopping spree, owling Angelina to meet them. The men were listening to the children while enjoying a butterbeer.

“Tinkerbell is a silly name for it,” said Teddy, a bit jealous he didn't have one.

“I think it's perfect for her,” argued Sam.

“How do you know it's a her?” asked Teddy curiously.

Sam snorted. “Silly, it's pink, so it has to be a girl. And it's so little, just like Tinkerbell. So I think it's perfect, Teddy Lupin, so there!” yelled Sam.

“Ssh, let's not wake Tina, kids,” said Harry. They both nodded and continued patting the puffskein, who shivered with delight.

“'Sides, I need to have a Tinkerbell for my game,” continued Sam.

Teddy looked at her, then his Dad and Uncle Harry. They looked as confused as Teddy.

Sam took a deep breath. “ I like to pretend that all my aunties are really the princessess in my books, Auntie Fleur is Cinderella, Auntie 'Lina is Jasmine, Auntie Luna is Alice in Wonderland and Sarah is Snow White, cos she likes apples.”

Remus and Harry chuckled while Teddy was thinking. “Well what about me and Dad and Harry? And my mum? And Nana Molly and Poppa Arthur?” he said, feeling left out.

Sam took another deep breath. “Nana Molly is the Grandma from Little Red Riding Hood. Poppy is Geppetto cos he's always making something out in his shed. And you and Tori are Hansel and Gretel cos you both like lots of sweets,” said Sam.

Teddy nodded, agreeing.

Sam continued. “Uncle Remy is Akela, the good wolf who looks after baby Mowgli in Jungle Book, Uncle Siri is Captain Hook in Peter Pan and Auntie Tonks is my Fairy Godmother., just like in Cinderella,” stated Sam, defiantly.

Teddy thought about it and agreed. “Wait, you didn't mention Uncle Harry, or Auntie Ginny. Or who you are!” he said.

“Mummy is Ariel, my favourite princess. And Harry is Prince Erik. He marries Ariel, you know. And me, I'm Melody” said Sam

“Who's Melody?' asked Teddy.

“Melody is Ariel and Erik's little girl,” said Sam, with a quick look at Harry.

“Hello, anybody home?” yelled Tonks, coming out the floo, Ginny right behind her. They were both laden with bags.

“Mummy,” cried both Teddy and Sam, running to their mums, who bent down to hug them.

“Have you been good little munchkins?” asked Tonks, putting her bags on the lounge chair. “You staying for tea?” she asked both Harry and Ginny.

Harry looked at Ginny who shook her head. “Thanks Tonks, but it's time to get home and get this one in the bath and she can get Tinkerbell settled in her new home. We'll have an early night, I'm back at training tomorrow. Plus, I'd better get home to make sure Sarah and Sirius haven't cursed each other yet. You can stay if you want, Harry.”

Harry shook his head.

“So I take it things aren't getting any better with them?” asked Tonks, referring to Sarah and Sirius.

“No, if anything it's got worse, he's started calling her Sassy, which she hates. Anyway, time to go, have you got everything Sam? Bye Remus, bye Teddy, thanks for helping Sam with Tink today. Bye Tonks, thanks for the shopping spree, I really needed it. Give Tina a kiss for me, she's gonna look adorable in that dress you got for her. Come on now Sam, through the floo now, hold my hand. Grimmauld Place!” cried Ginny, and they flooed away.

Harry shook Remus's hand, ruffled Teddy's hair and kissed Tonks on the cheek before flooing home too, the last thing he heard was Teddy asking, “What did you buy for me, Mummy?”

**************************************** *********

Lucius thoughtfully rubbed his chin as he awaited the return of his house elf. Not for the first time, he regretted killing Pansy Parkinson. She had been so helpful in keeping an eye on Ginevra, even agreeing to redo her seventh year, for a price. Most of his precious photos of Ginevra had come from Pansy's memories.

After the luxury of Malfoy Manor, he loathed having to bide his time in this small cottage. Still, it was a step up from Azkaban, and he was still quite weak from his many years there. Besides, it was only a matter of weeks now, and he would be back at the Manor, re-do the Fidelius and live there until Ginevra's powers restored him to his full strength. Then he would leave England forever, with her and their child.

Lucius had not randomly picked Ginevra to slip the diary to all those years ago, it had been a calculated move to discredit her father. Yet somehow, she had evaded complete possession for nearly an entire year. The Dark Lord and Lucius had discussed this, and declared her to be a powerful witch, probably to do with the fact that she was the seventh child of an old strong wizarding family, and the first female in seven generations. The Dark Lord had agreed she would be an asset to their side, if she could be turned. He'd left the matter completely up to Lucius.

'That had been the Dark Lord's problem,' thought Lucius, 'too distracted by Dumbledore and Potter.'
Ginevra was someone they could have used, she would have been able to get close to Potter and his friends, she could have got them information on the Order. The possibilities were huge, and Lucius felt Ginevra Weasley needed to be kept an eye on.

He'd seen her as a scrawny tomboy at 11, but watched her transform into a gorgeous petite package over the years. Draco or Severus hadn't mentioned to him about her involvement with Potter in his sixth year, but by the time he'd found out, Dumbledore was dead and the couple had broken up.

The Dark Lord had focused on getting to Potter as soon as he came of age and the Blood Protection over those useless Muggles broke. They'd gotten so close, but Potter had gotten away. They'd planned to attack again, this time at the Weasley's home during the wedding of one of their many brats to a Tri-Wizard Champion.

He'd seen Ginevra as they'd rounded up the wedding guests to question them about Potter and his Mudblood and Blood Traitor friends. She'd been wearing a gold dress and her hair and make-up made her look older. He'd felt the stirrings of lust, and he knew she saw it in his eyes. She looked disgusted, and he felt himself grow angry. 'Who did this little Blood Traitor think she was, looking down her nose at him?' He'd find many pleasurable, painful ways to show her the respect he was due.'

The arrival of the Aurors saw the rest of the Death Eaters flee, to report back to the Dark Lord. Lucius took a last look at Ginevra and apparated away.

His wife Narcissa was anxiously waiting for him to arrive, but he brushed off her concerns, and retired to his room, waiting to be summoned before the Dark Lord. He detested having all these Death Eaters in his house, taking over, destroying his property.

He knew the Dark Lord had plans for Draco, the one thing that he and Narcissa had in common these days was the thought of getting Draco out of the house and to somewhere safe, far away from the Dark Lord.

With Potter and his two friends gone, he sent Draco back to Hogwarts for his seventh year. He had kept in close contact with both Severus and Draco for the first couple of months, then received an owl from Draco, asking to be allowed to come home for Christmas. Lucius had wanted to decline, wanting him away from the Death Eaters in his house. However, Narcissa wanted him home, close, so he relented.

He'd suffered the wrath from the Dark Lord in regard to what that crazy old wizard, Xeno Lovegood, had been writing about him. He'd devised the plan to kidnap the daughter as she got off the train with the students returning home for Christmas.

At the last minute he'd pulled aside one of his most trusted allies and said, “Grab the Weasley girl first. She's the one we need. Then the Lovegood girl.”

He should never had trusted Dolohov. He had confessed to the Dark Lord that Lucius had directed him to get Ginevra first. Lucius had tried to explain his reasoning, but the Dark Lord wasn't interested. He'd been the subject of many Cruciatus curses after that.

From that time on, the thought of getting Ginevra under his roof, turning her to the Dark side, and presenting him to the Dark Lord was all he could focus on. Christmas came and went, the Dark Lord was in a foul mood, something had happened to Nagini at Godric's Hollow, and the two had temporarily departed Malfoy Manor.

Draco had not wanted to return to Hogwarts. Lucius had overheard him talking with Narcissa, begging for the two of them to leave and go somewhere they wouldn't be found. This filled Lucius with rage. 'Didn't Draco realise his important station in life. When the Dark Lord emerges triumphant, it will be families like ours that will be made an example of how to behave, how to dress, we will be the very embody of a Pureblood Upperclass family. Draco will marry Pansy Parkinson to fulfil the Betrothal Vow I made with her father.'

Lucius still hadn't forgotten his plans for getting Ginevra, and came up with the rather simple idea of a portkey. He'd used his house elf to leave it on Ginevra's bed. However, as she arrived at Malfoy Manor, the Dark Lord had seen fit to send Lucius away, telling him to check on a group of snatchers and the wizards and witches they had captured trying to flee England.

He'd returned to find the Dark Lord and Bellatrix had had their fun with Ginevra, before someone had helped her escape. He'd suspected Draco, but even as Lucius had him under the Cruciatus, Draco hadn't confessed. Narcissa had burst in and flung herself over Draco's body, demanding to know what he thought he was doing. He'd stared at her like she was crazy, then forced himself to look at Draco, still shaking violently on the floor. His heart pounding in his chest, he left them in the room, and headed for the room Ginevra had been kept in..

'What was he doing, torturing his son?' he asked himself. He looked around, but there was no sign of her being there at all. He felt frustrated and he hit the wall. There was a knock on the door, it was Dolohov.

“The Dark Lord requires your presence,” he said smirking. Lucius nodded, and followed him down, knowing what awaited him.

The six weeks that followed were pure hell. Voldemort had lost all faith in Lucius, and never stopped humiliating him, in front of his wife and son, and the other Death Eaters. Bellatrix was enjoying every minute of it, and had developed quite a blood lust, especially after she'd tortured the Mudblood Granger. Even their escape was blamed on Lucius, as it was his ex house elf who had helped Potter and sidekicks escape. Lucius stopped thinking of him as the Dark Lord, and now referred to him as Lord Voldemort.

For a brief hour or so of the Final Battle at Hogwarts, Lucius truly believed the Dark side would win. When Narcissa had pronounced Potter dead, Lucius felt relieved. This would soon be over. Draco had disappeared into the castle as word had gotten out the battle was commencing. Lucius wanted to find him and escape.

Voldemort had even called out Draco's name, as Potter's body lay in front of those pathetic friends of his. Draco had no chance but to make his way to Voldemort. Lucius and Narcissa had exchanged worried looks, but Voldemort had congratulated Draco, then tried to embrace him. Draco quickly hurried to his mother's side.

Then everything went wrong. The Longbottom fool had stepped up to Voldemort, then Potter had got up and ran, and the fighting re-commenced. Lucius had seen Potter and Ginevra briefly kiss and exchange meaningful words, before separating.

When the end came for Voldemort, Lucius's only thought was to get Narcissa and Draco back to the safety of Malfoy Manor.

However, the Auror's came and took him away to Azkaban, awaiting a trial on all his charges. He'd intended to plead he was under the Imperious. He'd been threatened by other Death Eaters about what would happen if he turned traitor to the Dark side, like Narcissa wanted him to.

Life imprisonment in Azkaban was the sentence he received. He was relieved Draco and Narcissa had gotten off, thanks to testimony by Potter himself.

As hours led to days, days to months, months to years, the only thought that had kept him going was Ginevra. Pansy Parkinson had been to see him, desperate to still marry Draco, rather than her new betrothed, Gregory Goyle. Narcissa and Draco refused to see her, so had turned to him. She was prepared to do anything. “Anything!” she said, as she removed her cloak to show her nude body beneath it.

As he gazed at her firm, young body, the idea was sown in Lucius's mind. Pansy would keep an eye on Ginevra. Pansy had achieved an animagus form, and that is how she would get into his cell and keep Lucius up to date.

Once he heard Ginevra had returned to England, he knew the time was right. He'd gotten Pansy, transfigured into her animagus form of a cat, to bring him her wand. She'd said something to anger him, about Ginevra and Potter, and he'd AK'd her, taking her wand and the polyjuice potion she'd brought with her, and fled the island prison.

He'd been forced to lay low, his time in Azkaban had taken a toll on his health. He'd remembered this town, knowing that Voldemort's family home was just up the road. He'd called to his house elf, who now was his main link to the outside world, besides Pansy's latest lover, a Muggleborn who, she promised, was after revenge on Potter and Ginny.

The elf, named Minnie, brought him food and replenishing potions. On his orders, she'd gone to Malfoy Manor, returning with some of his clothes, which now hung baggily on him. He'd told Minnie what to do to prepare for his return. His plans were now so close to fruition.

Minnie popped into the the lounge where Lucius was sitting. She'd brought him a simple tea, he couldn't tolerate rich food any more. 'Quite ironic', he thought. She told him she'd brought clean clothes for him, and he ordered her to run him a bath.

After his bath, she popped back with the information he needed. All was in readiness. Now he needed to wait for any opportunity to grab Ginevra. He had several weeks till the fertility potion would be ready, and the moon would be full.

He'd spent over five years in Azkaban, he could wait a few more weeks for his Ginevra.









Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear