Search:

SIYE Time:16:29 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111590; Chapter Total: 4204







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chap 20 St Mungos

As the day was half over when they made it downstairs, Harry and Ginny decided to have a quiet, easy day. Sam asked if they could go to Harry's office to hang the pictures Tori, Teddy and her had drawn for Harry for his birthday, and they agreed. So, after having a big brunch, they flooed to Diagon Alley, making their way from there to the Ministry of Magic.

After signing in, they went up to the second floor, where the Department of Magical Law Enforcement was. There were a couple of Aurors in their offices, filling out paperwork, and a couple were in the break room. Harry greeted them all, but didn't stop to chat. He guided Ginny and Sam to his office, and Sam opened the box which held the pictures. Harry hoped it wouldn't take long, only because he knew it was a matter of time before someone came in to discuss work.

Sam was just deciding which pictures to hang when, sure enough, there was a knock on the door. However it wasn't a fellow Auror, it was the Auror Head Trainer Matt Watson, a good friend of Harry's. He was a former Auror, but now was the trainer for the new Aurors that joined every year. He had trained Harry and Ron, and Harry often enjoyed popping down the hall to help him demonstrate some moves, or talk to the new recruits.

“Harry, my boy, glad you're here. Any chance you could come down and talk to a couple of my boys. We wanted to go over the tactics and tracking charms your team used on the Harrison case. Shouldn't be too long, say fifteen minutes? I don't want to keep you from your lovely lady friends,” he said, smiling at Sam, who giggled.

Harry introduced Ginny and Sam to Matt, then looked at Ginny and asked, “Gin, do you mind? I promise I won't be too long. And you're safe here, it is the Auror office, after all!”

“That's fine, Harry, looks like we'll be busy here for awhile,” said Ginny with a smile.

Harry smiled at her and winked, then left with Mr Watson.

Sam looked at Ginny and said, “It's a happy day today, isn't it Mummy?”

Ginny nodded. Sam passed her another picture to hang. “Here Mummy, Uncle Charlie should be next to Uncle Bill.”

Harry returned after twenty minutes, carrying a tray with coffees for Ginny and himself, and a milkshake for Sam. He also had sneaked a couple of doughnuts and biscuits from the Auror kitchen. He looked around at his office wall, where children's drawings of his family now dominated. He loved it and grinned at Ginny and Sam, picking up Sam to give her a hug.

“My office is so colourful. Lots of red! How did you know I like red?” he chuckled at Sam, while winking at Ginny.

“You like red and I like pink. I wonder what Sarah's favourite colour is?” pondered Sam.

“I think it's Black,” said Ginny, dryly. Harry chuckled, but the innuendo went over Sam's head.

“What's your favourite colour, Mummy?” she asked.

“Green,” she said, looking into Harry's eyes, which instantly smouldered with desire, “Definitely green!”

Sam looked from Ginny to Harry and nodded, with a little smile on her face.

Suddenly, there was a couple of sharp knocks on the door, and Gawain Robards, Harry's boss, entered. He seemed relieved to find Harry there.

“Oh good, I heard you were here. Hello, Miss Weasley. Look Potter, I know it's your day off, but Malfoy's been attacked. That's young Malfoy, not senior. He's been taken to St Mungo's. I have no other information at this time. I need you to go to St Mungo's, check on his condition, and hopefully interview him. If he's up to it, that is. I heard it was pretty brutal.”

A little whimper from behind the door alerted Gawain to Sam's presence. He poked his head around and said, “Well, hello there little one, are you the young lady who has drawn all these wonderful pictures?”

Sam nodded, but looked uncertainly at Gawain, then looked at Ginny and Harry, who smiled encouragingly.

“Harry's office certainly has changed for the better. Well done, young lady!”

“My friend Teddy and my cousin Tori drew some too. There's a lot of people to draw for one person!” said Sam, smiling at the big man.

“Teddy? Aah yes, Tonks's boy, right?” He directed the question to Harry, but it was Sam who answered.

“Yes sir, Auntie Tonks is Teddy's mummy. Did you say Uncle Draco was hurt?” asked Sam, looking a bit scared.

Harry banished the coffee cups and tray to the office kitchen. “Sir, I'll just take Ginny and Sam home, before I go to St Mungo's,” he said to Gawain, who nodded.

“Right, we'll meet back here at 5pm. If you get done earlier, meet us at Malfoy's apartment. It's in Regent's Park, west side of the lake, I believe. Check the details with the fiancee, she's at St Mungo's now,” said Gawain.

“Astoria's back?” asked Harry.

Ginny and Gawain both nodded, Gawain waving to Sam as he left.

“Will Uncle Draco be alright?” asked Sam to Harry.

“I don't know sweetie, let's get you home, then I will go find out, okay?” said Harry.

They left his office and the Ministry.

**************************************** **

It was 7 o'clock before Harry made his way home. Having been told by Dobby that Ginny was upstairs giving Sam a bath, Harry decided not to disturb them, but to sit down and have a bowl of stew for tea. There was no sign of Sarah or Sirius, and 'they hadn't been seen all day', Dobby told him. Once finished he headed upstairs, where Sam was now getting ready for bed. She ran to him when he entered her room, dressed in her special favourite nightie that Harry had bought for her, featuring all the Disney princesses. Harry smiled to see her in it. He picked her up and she buried her face in his neck.

“You've been gone forever. Is Uncle Draco okay?” she asked.

He hugged her, and brought her down to sit on his knee on her bed, Ginny picking up toys and clothes, but listening. “Uncle Draco has some bumps and bruises but he's going to be okay,” he said.

“Can we go visit him? I could draw him some pictures, he might like that and it would make him feel better,” said Sam.

Harry smiled at her, “No sweetie, maybe in a few days, okay. When you're sick, they only let the closest people to you in to visit. So for Draco, that means only Astoria, for now.”

“What about if you have lots of people 'portant in your life, and they all want to see you? How do they decide? Who gets to decide?” she demanded.

“Hey now, what's all this, why are you getting so upset, sweetie?” asked Ginny, confused.

“Well, you're 'portant to lots of people, Mummy. There's Nanna and Poppy, all your brothers. But me and Harry 'specially. Will they let me see you, Mummy, will they?” Sam had tears in her eyes now, getting anxious.

“Sam, sweetie, I won't let anything happen to Mummy, okay?” said Harry, trying to console her. Sam looked at Harry.

“Promise?” she said fearfully.

“Promise!” he said. “Pinky swear?”

Sam nodded, and they did the pinky swear. She looked at Ginny. “Mummy, can I sleep with you tonight. Please. Just this once,” she pleaded.

Ginny was torn. She and Harry hadn't had a chance to talk about last night, and what it meant for them. He'd been giving her sexy looks all afternoon, and caressed her ass as he 'helped' her attach a picture to his office wall, but that was it. She really wanted to talk, or, better yet, have another night like last night. However, she was a mum, and her daughter had to come first. She threw Harry a 'sorry' look, and looked back at Sam.

“Okay sweetie, just this once. Now brush your teeth, pick out a book to read and hop into my bed, I'll just talk to Harry a bit, then I'll come to bed with you,” she said.

Sam nodded and ran off to the bathroom. Ginny threw a Muffliato at the door, and asked Harry, “Well, how is he really?”

“Someone did a bloody good job of it, he was badly beaten. Looks like the person was waiting for him, hit him from behind, then after he went down, he was kicked and beaten again. He was dressed in the clothes he had on last night, so we assume he didn't go home last night. Astoria found him a couple hours after the attack, said they had plans for a late lunch, early tea. She called the Mediwizards, who came and got him and took him to St Mungo's. SOP to call us in,” he summarised.

At Ginny's querying look he laughed, “Oh, sorry, standard operating procedure. They have to let us know of any attacks, whether physical or magical, we go check it out to see if it needs following up, and it goes on from there. Now Gin, what time did you two leave the dance last night? I thought Astoria was away?” asked Harry.

Ginny nodded. “She was; she was with her sister Daphne and her mother, visiting her mum's sister, who had taken ill. Draco hoped she would return in time for the Ball, but she flooed him the day before, saying she wouldn't. I don't know why Draco thought of me, but he owled me that night, asking would I go with him. We had a good time, but near the end, Draco received a note from a waiter, it was from Astoria, she had returned earlier that night. She asked him to see her the next day, but he didn't want to wait, so he asked if I minded leaving then. He escorted me home, then I presume, went to visit Astoria. If he was beat up wearing the same clothes, then it's safe to assume he stayed the night. He probably went home to change, before meeting Astoria later, only someone was waiting for him. Oh!” said Ginny suddenly.

“What, what is it?” asked Harry alarmed.

“He was going to propose to her. Gawain said Draco's fiancee was at the hospital with him Oh, thank Merlin Astoria wasn't with Draco when he returned home, she might have got hurt too,” said Ginny.

“Well, I can't say I noticed a ring on her finger, but I wasn't looking for one, either. She really seems to love him,” said Harry, not quite understanding anyone caring about Draco Malfoy.

“Harry! He's changed, really. Now, can we go visit him in a few days?” asked Ginny.

Harry shook his head. “I don't think so Gin. I don't think I want you around Draco, not for awhile anyway,” he said.

“What, why not?” demanded Ginny.

“Because at Malfoy's apartment, there were photos from the Daily Prophet. There were press at the Ball that night, you know. And you and Draco made quite a twosome. Someone didn't like it,” said Harry quietly.

“What are you saying, Harry?” asked Ginny.

“There were lots of photos from the Ball in the paper. And you were in most of them. But there was one particular one, showing you and Malfoy, er Draco, slow dancing. He's whispering in your ear, it looks like you two are very close. Well, someone had ripped that photo out, and we found it hanging on the door. There was a big cross over Draco's face and the word 'MINE' was written under your face. It was Lucius, Gin. Lucius beat up his own son, because he took you to the Ball!”





Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear