Search:

SIYE Time:22:32 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111627; Chapter Total: 4180





Author's Notes:
Time to hear what happened at Hogwarts while the Trio were away. The whole thing goes for two chapters, then a third chapter will be discussed among Harry, Ginny and Ron, and we'll find out what happened with Hermione.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry watched as Ginny spoke softly to Tonks. Remus was holding Tina as he gathered the other children around; the decision made that Sam and Tori would have a sleep over with Teddy. Harry came to stand next to Ginny, offering her support.

“You're doing the right thing, love. They're your family, they need to know. You've kept this to yourself too long. I know Remus, Sirius and I know most of it. But I don't think you've let anyone know all of it. It's time, Gin. Let it out, we'll deal with it and move on, yeah?” said Tonks softly, hugging Ginny. “And don't worry about the kids, we'll drop them back sometime tomorrow. But if you need me for anything, just floo. Although...” her voice softened as she looked at Harry and smiled, “I think you'll be well looked after.”

Remus came up and patted Ginny on the back as the women kept hugging. Ginny then turned and quickly hugged Remus, before kneeling down to hug Sam. “Goodbye sweetie, be good and have fun, listen to Uncle Remy and Auntie Tonks, okay?”

Sam nodded but looked uncertain. She had picked up the tension in the room and knew it centred on her mummy. “Is everything alright, Mummy?” she asked.

Ginny nodded, unable to answer.

Harry kneeled down to join them. “Mummy will be fine, but pinky promise I will look after her, okay?”

Sam nodded and they did the pinky swear, then she hugged Harry and Ginny and she left with Remus, Tonks and the other children.

Ginny and Harry rose and turned to each other, noting that all the family had moved into the lounge. Ginny took a deep breath and went to join her family. Harry caught her arm and pulled her back into his arms. “Hey, wait a sec. Remember, whatever you're going to say in there, I'm here for you. We are together now and nothing you tell me in there is going to change that.”

He indicated the lounge with a toss of his head. Ginny nodded, took his hand and they went to face her family.

They had all found places to sit, leaving a spot on the lounge for Harry. Ginny walked to the centre of the room where she was able to clearly see everyones face. She took a deep breath and started.

“Okay, before I start, I just want you to remember that what I'm about to tell you is in the past. It's happened and I've dealt with it. There's no point being wanting to hurt anybody because of what I'm about to tell you.”

She took a deep breath, then turned specifically to her parents. “I can't promise that there won't be tears, though,” she said with a sad smile.

Molly and Arthur just nodded in understanding, although Ginny saw Molly clutch Arthur's hand. Ginny took another breath.

“I'm going to go right back to the beginning, there are a couple here who might not know some facts, but I think they should know.”

She turned to face Audrey and Angelina, as if to say she meant them. She then turned back to everyone and began.

“All my life, as far as I can remember, I wanted to go to Hogwarts. My brothers all told me how wonderful it was, and I couldn't wait. When Ron left, well, it was the longest year. But when he came home, he'd changed. We used to be best friends, but now he had Harry and Hermione. I thought it would change when I finally got to go but it didn't.”

Ron frowned and looked at the ground.

Ginny continued, again looking at her sisters- in- law. “When I went to Diagon Alley to get my books, there was an altercation with Lucius Malfoy in the bookstore. I didn't know it at the time, but he slipped me an enchanted diary. The diary of Tom Riddle. Voldemort.”

Audrey, Angelina and Sarah gasped, but Ginny was lost in her memories and continued. “I was lonely at school, the girls in my dorm teased me about my second hand robes, and none of my brothers would talk to me. So I started to write in the diary, and I couldn't believe it when it wrote back to me. It was so nice at first, like having a secret friend. But then I started losing track of time, having bad dreams. I - I was petrifying people. And it was me who opened the Chamber of Secrets. Harry and Ron came to rescue me and Harry nearly died. I- I thought after that it might make Ron let me hang around with him, with them more, but when we got back to school, nothing had changed.”

Her sisters-in-law looked shocked, and sent angry looks at Percy and George, who looked ashamed. Ginny continued.

“I hoped for a fresh start for my second year, but the girls in my class had already made friends and they knew I had something to do with what had happened the year before. They weren't mean or anything, they just left me alone. I was still lonely, spending most of my free time outside, sometimes with Luna, but mostly alone. That is, until I came across a half starved dog on the grounds. I didn't know where he had come from, I gave him some food which he scoffed down. He stayed around, like he was waiting for me, and I would bring him food and talk to him, telling him how lonely I was, that I had no friends, that sort of thing. Crazily, it was like he understood everything I was saying to him. He became my first real friend at Hogwarts. And still is today,” she said, turning with a smile to look at Sirius.

“Padfoot! You?” asked Harry.

Sirius nodded and Sarah took his hand. They turned back to Ginny.

“Imagine my surprise when we got to Grimmauld Place that Christmas Dad was hurt. I'd been having nightmares again and went to the kitchen, and Sirius was there. We started talking. I told him I felt like I'd known him forever. He transformed then and there into Padfoot, and he told me he'd been there to keep an eye on Harry.”

“I guess there's not much to say about my next few years, although they did get better. I went to the Yule Ball with Neville, made the Gryffindor Quidditch team and joined Dumbledore's Army. Harry and I dated for a few weeks toward the end of my fifth year, but he broke up with me at Dumbledore's funeral,” she said.

“To protect you!” stated Harry. Ginny looked at him, then shrugged.

“Okay, okay. So, after the wedding, when we were on the train back to Hogwarts, we found out Snape was Head Master. Death Eaters were on the train, asking us stuff about Harry and Hermione. They seemed to accept the story about Ron having Spattergoit. We got to Hogwarts and then we met the Carrows. Neville, Luna and I had decided to keep Dumbledore's Army going. Luna and I would grafitti things on the walls, you know, supporting Harry, writing things against Tom and Snape. Amycus Carrow was the DADA teacher and soon we were the targets for him; he started teaching Unforgiveables in class. If we said something or did something wrong, we would be brought up the front and they used the Crucuatus on us.”

Ginny heard her mother sob but had to harden her heart and continue as she was getting to some of the harder stuff.

“I was worried about the younger kids, especially the first years, so I came up with the idea of a buddy program. All the sixth and seventh years would take a first or second year as their buddy, just so they had someone they could go to, to ask questions or talk. Merlin knows, most of them had looked forward to coming, and now they were among Death Eaters. My buddy,” she hesitated, it was hard to talk about, “My buddy was a girl I met on her first day. She was looking around, so tiny, waiting for her turn at the sorting ceremony. When her name was called out, she walked up there and she was put in Gryffindor. Then, Alecto Carrow spat on her. She stopped and just looked at her, then walked to our table. I wanted to cheer her for being so brave, and decided she was going to be my buddy,” Ginny said softly.

Everyone seemed to realise the importance of what was about to be revealed.

“Her name was Jenny Wesley. I know, huh!” said Ginny nodding as everyone took a gasp. “She had red hair, darker than mine, freckles, three annoying older brothers and loved Quidditch. It was no wonder we hit it off so well. I'd check on her all the time, but she was tough, little Jen, kept saying she wasn't going to be a bother to me, that I had more important things to worry about.”

“By this time, there had been no word of you three for ages, and no word from home. Things were getting worse and worse. The younger kids were crying; not getting any letters from home or being able to send any. They were really scared.”

“Just before Halloween I had seen Lucius Malfoy talking to Snape about the Sword of Gryffindor; he was saying how important it was that it stayed where it was, for now. I didn't understand, as I thought I'd heard Scrimgeour tell Harry that Dumbledore left it to Harry in his will. So Neville, Luna, Seamus and I looked for it. I finally found it in the Headmasters office. A couple days later, I had to go to Snape's office, but he told the Carrows he was going to be away for a couple of hours and he would deal with me when he returned. I decided to use that time to break in and get it. I knew the password and the Carrows would be, or should have been, in lessons. Luna was lookout and Neville and I broke in. But someone had found out and told the Carrows, and they caught us. We were given detention in the Forbidden Forest with Hagrid.

“Why were you in the Headmasters office in the first place, Ginny?” asked Molly.

Ginny just shrugged, saying she couldn't remember. Harry knew better.

“We thought we had got off easy, detention with Hagrid, right? We went into the forest, we were quite a way in when we heard someone yell Incarcerous. Hagrid went down, he was covered in magical chains. We were totally ambushed. They- they beat us pretty bad, like in a Muggle way, kicking and punching. Then they started using Cruciatus,” said Ginny.

Molly covered her mouth, shaking her head as if she didn't believe it. Bill, George and Charlie looked furious. Harry and Ron looked at each other, both feeling sick.

Ginny looked at them and said, “In the past, remember. I'm here, and I'm fine.”

They nodded but didn't look happy. Harry braced himself to hear more. Luna and Neville came to stand near Ginny.

“Madame Pomfrey gave us some potions on the sly, she'd been ordered not to heal us. By now, Parvati and Cho had been reading up on healing spells and were doing really well. So we recovered, although we stayed in the Room of Requirement.”

“It was around this time that Luna came to me and Nev. A first year in Ravenclaw was Imperiused in class and made to use Sectumsempra on a classmate. When she came out of the curse, she was hysterical at all the blood. She spent a couple of nights in the Infirmary but she wanted to leave the school. She was getting desperate and Luna was worried about what she might do, and came to us for help. I had no idea, and decided to ask Sirius. He asked me for the family's details, and within days she was gone from the school.”

“Then more kids were asking us to help them too. We knew we couldn't help them all so we decided to make the Half Bloods the priority. We were getting close to Christmas, so we encouraged all the younger kids to let their parents know what was going on and not to return. We got about five students out. And on the outside, Sirius was helping Muggleborns get away, before they got called up to the Ministry.”

“Gin, you mean to tell me you, Neville and Luna started an Underground for the students?” asked Percy in disbelief.

Ginny nodded at him, then turned to face Sirius.

“Sirius took the main risk; although he had been pardoned by the Ministry, they still could have picked him up for no reason if they found him. He got the familys somewhere safe and set them up with new names, bank accounts, everything. We'd Obliviate them so they had no memory of their past life, and we gave them a story of their new life. We'd make a report where we left them, thinking after the war, if we survived, we would go back and get them. We'd give them the choice of returning, or staying and continuing that life, but with all their memories intact.”

Sirius nodded, agreeing with all Ginny had revealed. “If we didn't survive, at least there would be a record of what we'd done,” he said.

Harry was stunned. His head was spinning, taking in all the information Ginny had given him. He knew she was leaving out a lot of graphic details when she was talking about the detentions, to protect her family.

“Finally Christmas came and we were relieved to be going home. We weren't expecting any trouble, but they were waiting for us at Kings Cross. The Death Eaters came for us as soon as we were off the train; they didn't want us to make the barrier. They grabbed the three of us, me, Nev and Luna. Nev managed to get away and he grabbed me as they were about to apparate me away. They took Luna, though. I felt so helpless. I didn't know who the Death Eaters were, or what they'd wanted with Luna, or any of us. Nev said after, he thought it might have been about Luna's dad and what he'd been printing in his paper, supporting Harry.”

Luna sighed sadly and Neville put his arm around her.

Harry wasn't sure if Ginny knew she'd been the main target or not, but she wasn't telling her family if she did know, and he wasn't going to say anything.

“Things were even worse when we got back after Christmas. Not many first or second years came back, thank Merlin. Jen was one who did. Every lesson now, someone was getting dragged out for no reason, to be sent to detention, which we knew meant Unforgiveables. We almost wanted the Cruciatus, Merlin only knows what they'd make us do under the Imperius. We'd set up a makeshift hospital in the Room of Requirement; there was always someone recovering from a detention”

“We started to stock up on food and drink, books, potions, bandages, anything we could think of that we might need. We would go to bed at night, only to wake to the news some student was missing, but nobody heard or saw anything. Lucius was coming to Hogwarts more often, yelling at Snape. I.- I think he was taking the students to Tom. I know by then he was staying at Malfoy Manor.”

“How did you know that?” asked Ron.

The trio hadn't been taken to Malfoy Manor until March. Ginny looked at him for several seconds, then took a deep breath.

“I'd been in detention, chained to a wall in the room next to the Potions room in the dungeon . I was there for two days,” said Ginny softly. Everyone gasped. “I had just got out and was heading back to the Gryffindor common room when I saw Malfoy and Snape, arguing. I ducked into a nearby classroom to listen. I hadn't eaten or drunk anything in two days and was feeling weak. Malfoy was saying Tom wanted more students. Snape refused. Malfoy was acting crazy, almost desperate. Snape was telling him to get himself under control. Snape then got called away and I saw Malfoy walk away. I thought he'd left so I came out.”

“I'd nearly made it to the common room when I was grabbed by Blaise Zabini. He dragged me into a room I'd never seen before, I think it was an empty teacher's room or something. Lucius Malfoy was already there, yelling at Crabbe and Goyle for grabbing the wrong girl. Then I saw her, they'd grabbed Jenny. Lucius told Crabbe and Goyle to get out. Zabini still held me; he'd cast a Silencio charm on me when he first grabbed me. Lucius, he was acting like we weren't even there, not even looking at us.”

“Poor Jen, she was so scared, he was just walking around her, laughing crazily and mumbling stuff. One minute he knew she was the wrong girl, the next I heard him say Pureblood, and he started talking about seventh daughter, first in seven generations. I just knew he thought Jenny was me when I was 11.”

“She started crying and he slapped her, but then immediately started comforting her. He, he rubbed her back, smoothed down her hair, kissed her forehead, tried to calm her down. It was totally nuts. But then he laid her down on the bed and he, he, oh god...”

Ginny broke down and Harry jumped up to hold her, feeling her shaking.

“He raped her! The bastard raped her! She was screaming in pain and there was nothing I could do. I was screaming but there was no sound. Zabini started groping me and I was trying to get away from him to get to Jenny. She was screaming and Malfoy didn't even care that he was hurting her. Then all of a sudden, the screaming stopped. I thought he'd killed her. But he was just grunting, still going. And she, she looked right at me but, it was like she wasn't seeing me.”

“Finally he finished and he got up and left. He just left her there on the bed, she was bleeding, you know, down there. Zabini had left with Malfoy so I rushed over to her. I got to her, she was so limp. I thought she'd passed out but her eyes were open, it was like she was in a coma. I screamed and screamed, I don't know how long for. Professor McGonagall finally came with Neville, saying they had been looking for me. I think I passed out then. I woke up the next day in the Infirmary,” said Ginny, sobbing slowly.

The family took some time to process the horror of what Ginny had just told them. They could see how much it was affecting her just to tell them; they couldn't have imagined how hard it would have been to live through it. Ginny calmed down a bit, wiped her eyes and sniffled as she continued her story.

“When I woke up, Snape was there, he looked, I don't know, almost ashamed. I gave him my memory of what happened. I was scared he was going to Obliviate me. I asked him about Jenny and he told me she'd been taken to St Mungo's. He wouldn't give me any further information. Nev said he hadn't heard anything.”

Ginny looked at Neville, who nodded sadly.

“The next few days were hard to get through. The Carrows obviously knew something; they kept needling me trying to get me upset so I'd do or say something and they'd have a reason to give me detention again. Just the Crucuatus this time,” she said.

Molly and Arthur were crying now, as their daughter mentioned 'just the Cruciatus' like it was nothing.

“And then a week later, it was just before Valentines Day. I got a letter. I don't know why I didn't even suspect, I mean, for a crazy second, I thought it was from you,” she said, looking at Harry, who had tears in his eyes.

He shook his head.

“I hadn't received any mail since school began in September, and just like that, there was a letter on my bed. I should have been more careful, more suspicious. I don't know, I was so desperate for some news, that I grabbed it. It- It was a Portkey.”

Harry's heart sank. He didn't think this could get any worse but he had a feeling he was wrong. He cleared his throat, looking at Ginny. “Wh- where did it take you?” he asked, not sure he wanted to know.

Ginny looked him in the eye. “Malfoy Manor!” she said.








Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear