Search:

SIYE Time:14:48 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111377; Chapter Total: 4039





Author's Notes:
Ginny's confessions continue.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter



“Malfoy Manor!” yelled Harry and Ron together.

Molly looked like she was about to faint and Arthur didn't look much better. Ginny thought it was a good time for a break and she headed for the kitchen. Angelina and Sarah followed to help her prepare tea and cake. Ginny was pacing while the other two were keeping busy. Harry entered and went to Ginny and hugged her. She leaned into him, not wanting to say anything more; she just needed his warmth and his strength. They held each other for several minutes, then followed the two women back into the lounge. After drinking her tea quickly, Ginny continued.

“I was taken to Malfoy Manor and immediately put in a room under guard. I think I was there for a day or so before I actually saw anyone. I was brought into a room where Voldemort was. I saw him use the killing curse on one of his Death Eaters and I really thought I was going to die there. He just stared at me, “the girl who had my diary,” he said. I didn't say anything; god I was shaking so hard. He asked me about the Order, about Sirius, about Snape but mostly about Harry. I just kept shaking my head; I knew he was getting mad. Then MacNair came in, whispered something that made him even more angry and he left. I thought I'd got a reprieve, but then- she came in.”

Ginny shivered as she thought of what happened next.

“Bellatrix.” Just hearing Ginny say it made Harry's hair stand on end. It was one of his worst fears. He remembered Hermione's screams when she was being tortured, and Ron's anguish at his inability to help the one he loved. Harry braced himself.

“She kept taunting me about Harry, how I was a PureBlood witch and I should be bettering my family by being with another PureBlood, but then, my family were a bunch of Blood Traiters, she said. She-she mentioned every member of the family, saying she would let you know they had me, just so you would come to rescue me. Then she would kill you, one by one, in front of me. Except Harry. She'd kill me in front of you, Harry. When she said that, I lost it, I just went for her, I mean, I felt like I had nothing to lose,” she said.

“Just your life,” muttered George. Charlie nudged him to shut up. All the brothers faces were grim.

“She stunned me. She Cursed me, several times. And then she, she tortured me with a blood quill.
She wrote...”

She took a deep breath and looked at Harry, as if in apology. “She wrote 'Potter's Whore' across my back!”

Harry paled and shook his head in disbelief. No, this wasn't supposed to have happened!

She closed her eyes as if she couldn't bear to look at Harry. She turned back to her family. “They dragged me back to my room, Bellatrix saying we'd play again another time.”

Harry felt fury build up inside of him. Why hadn't Ginny said anything to him about this before?

“I was there for a day or so, I think. I had passed out, so I wasn't sure. Anyway, next thing I know, Draco's in my room. He freaked out when he found me there, and what she had done to me. He promised he would do something to get me out. Later, he brought me some pain potion, but he told me he didn't know what to give me for my back. He said he was working on a way for me to escape and asked where he could take me. I was scared they might follow me if I went home to the Burrow; I couldn't think of anywhere that wouldn't put someone I cared about in danger. I mean, I didn't even think to ask about Luna, and now I know she'd been there all the time. I'm so sorry, Luna,” said Ginny, looking at Luna with tears streaming down her face.

Luna grasped her hand, and held it and squeezed, then let go. Neville kept his arm around Luna, consolingly. Ginny continued.

“Next day Draco came to me, telling me it was time. I asked him to come with me, I could tell he'd changed, he wasn't like he used to be, but he said no, he couldn't leave his mum. He told me his dad was acting crazy, like maniacal. I could tell he wanted to leave with me, wanted to get away from that horrible place. He called Dobby and he took me to Andromeda's. She's Narcissa's sister.”

“Andromeda took me in and got me a healer, but there was nothing that could be done about my back, you know, you can't remove a dark mark. She then took me to Shell Cottage.”

Molly looked at Bill, shocked. “Mum, I begged Bill not to tell you, to keep it a secret. Bill insisted I had to go back to the Burrow, when the train pulled in for Easter break, so it was as if I had been at school all term. I agreed.”

“Remus came over to see Bill one day, he needed Bill's help, something to do with Greyback. I knew Fleur was wanting to go see her family in France, and by now Tonks had to stay in bed till she gave birth, so I suggested I go to stay with her. So I did, and stayed there till Teddy was born.”

“It was Tonks who came up with the idea of a tattoo on my back to cover the mark. She gave me a contact for a guy in Knockturn Alley. I put on a glamour charm and went there one day before the battle. The guy looked at it, he gave me the name of a guy in Muggle London who might be able to help me. I thought he meant another tattooist but he was a healer and doctor, a Muggleborn who treated Muggles and wizards. He took a look at my back, told me he couldn't do too much as it had been too long since I had it done to me, but that he would try to, sort of fade it a bit. I saw him a few times, a couple after the Final Battle and then a few during my last year of school. I got the outline of the phoenix done just before Christmas, then a bit of colouring done just before I went back to school. It was entirely my decision not to tell anybody about what I had been through. It just seemed pointless when everyone was still grieving and trying to recover,”

“After the battle, after the funerals, after life started getting back to normal, I got in touch with Sirius, Neville and Luna. We had to think about finding the witches and wizards we'd relocated. I thought it would be quite easy, but a surprising lot of them had moved again, so we had to track them down. That was mainly Sirius's job, but Neville was a big help to him. We kept Professor McGonagall informed every step we made. We had decided to keep it quiet, just between the four of us.”

Molly and Arthur looked grimly at Ginny at this. Ginny noticed, but continued.

Professor McGonagall also told me she had some news of Jenny. She'd been moved into the Long Term Trauma department at St Mungo's. She also told me-she was pregnant.”

Harry sucked in a breath.

“Her family had forbidden any visitors and were making arrangements to take her to Australia, where they had a great aunt.”

“I didn't really want to go back to Hogwarts, but I knew it was what you wanted, Mum and Dad. I had no real career aspirations but I decided I'd go see Madame Hooch to see if I was Quidditch League standards. She gave me a training program to start straight away. Harry joined me, and well, after spending that time together, we eventually we got back together. It was really hard to say goodbye to you again when it was time to return to Hogwarts,” said Ginny, looking at Harry.

“I thought being at Hogwarts together would bring Hermione and I closer, but it didn't. I knew something wasn't right with her. I mean, she was fine in class and everything but after that, she just wasn't herself. I knew things hadn't gone well with her parents, and I tried to get her to go to counselling. I had given her the name of the healer who was treating me for my back. I think she went once for her arm but she didn't go back. I knew she'd miss you guys, but she really didn't try to make any new friends, either.”

“I didn't spend much time with Hermione. I mean, I didn't have many classes with her, and I was training pretty hard for Quidditch; and still going to see Healer White in Muggle London. I remember I'd had a pain in my side a few days before my last visit; I thought it was just from getting hit with a bludger. I went to see the healer in London with Nev, and he told me there was nothing more he could do for me, to go ahead and get the tattoo finished. Nev and I left, we were going to get some lunch, then I'd go back to Hogwarts. Then the pain in my side got really bad really quick. Nev panicked and ran back to Healer White's office.They got me to St Mungo's and I had to have an emergency appendectomy. The Healer there, he was the same healer who treated Dad when he was bitten, so he used Muggle stitches on me, like he did for Dad. Then they said I could recover back at Hogwarts, in the infirmary. I was supposed to rest there for a couple of days and be back in the dorm before graduation. However, I had some visitors the next morning that changed that,” she said, looking at Ron and Harry.

The other brothers looked between the three of them, but Ginny shook her head, and continued.

“I didn't stay for graduation but came home. I was really hurt and angry with all three of them, and I worked damn hard to make sure I didn't see them. Once I got in to the Harpies, I threw myself into the training. McGonagall reminded us that we still had to find the people that we had re-located, although Nev was more of a help to Sirius than me.”

“Of course I knew I would run into Ron sometime at the Burrow, there's no way I couldn't not see him in all that time. One day I was home and he came storming in the house. I'd never seen him so angry. He told me Harry and Hermione were having an affair, it was in all the papers, that they'd probably been carrying on behind his back all this time.

“That's a lie,” said Harry, jumping to his feet. “We'd been meeting to talk about you, Ron,” he said, looking at his friend. “We were concerned, you were drinking more and more and skipping training. Hermione and I used to meet at the Ministry but then the damn press would make up that crap, so we met in private. Someone found out, told the press and, of course, that made it look even worse, like we were sneaking around. But it was never like that, HAS never been like that for me and Hermione!”

Ron nodded, but didn't look happy.

Ginny continued, “The Harpies were having a great year. I was training full on but even I couldn't train or play twenty four hours a day . I was actually ordered to attend a party for some sponsors. The Weird Sisters were playing and I was introduced to Nick, who's a Quidditch fan. He follows the Chudley Cannons too, and I was telling him about you, Ron. It made me homesick. Nick was really nice, we talked awhile after their show, but that was it, there was nothing there then.

“The next year was crazy busy, we were winning all the time, we were on fire. The more success we had though, the more I missed my family, including Harry and Hermione. I was lonely. It was then I started to think about life after Quidditch. I realised I wasn't just punishing them for hurting me, I was punishing myself. I missed them, and I'm really sorry that I put you guys in the middle of it all. I feel like I split the family. I decided I was going to fix things up, or at least talk to you three. I decided to start with Hermione. I went to visit her during our summer break.”

“I thought that's when she ran off with Harry,” said Ron, looking embarrassed. Harry looked angry.

Ginny said, “No, if anything, she ran off with Luna and I. It's a long story, which you, me and Harry might talk about later. She was going through some stuff, and felt she needed to leave England. Luna and I helped her. We talked a lot about what had happened between us and reconciled.”

“Things took longer than I had expected with Hermione, and by the time I came home to talk with Harry, I didn't have much time left of my break. I was going to see him, but I heard he was with Cho. I saw a picture of them in the paper, he looked happy and, well, that's all I ever wanted for you, Harry. I thought I'd missed my chance so I decided to leave things as they were, and met up with some friends for a holiday.”

“It was about that time that I met up with Nick again. He had gone through a break up and I think we just helped each other deal with things. We were more friends than lovers, and it was what I needed at the time. When the Quidditch season resumed I was so busy again, then we won the championship. I was going to come home that summer break, but then I got a message from Australia.”

“Who was it from?” asked Charlie.

Ginny wandered over to the fireplace, looking at all the photos of her family, in all stages of their childhood to the present.

“Professor McGonagall had kept me up to date with Jenny Wesley. Her father and brothers had been murdered by Death Eaters on the run, maybe a month or two after the Final Battle; her mother spared because she was visiting Jenny at St Mungo's that day. Once Jenny had the baby, her mum moved them all to Australia and looked after her daughter and granddaughter. They stayed with a great aunt who, by the sounds of her, was a lot like Aunt Muriel.”

“Jenny was never really right after the rape, she was so fragile, she couldn't work, she was diagnosed with PTSD. When her mum died, Jenny had no choice but to look after the baby, but it was too much pressure. On the day the Harpies won the championship, Jenny killed herself. Her aunt had no interest in raising the baby and was considering putting her up for adoption, until the will was read. Surprisingly, I was named as guardian.”

“So I went to Australia and found myself with a daughter. My beautiful daughter, Sam. Samantha Jo, to be exact. I wanted to bring her home to England straight away, but it was a term of the guardianship that I stay in Australia for a year, to satisfy the aunt that I was capable of looking after her, otherwise she'd be put up for adoption. So I arranged a transfer and it was there I met Sarah. Remus and Tonks visited with Teddy, and the kids got on really well. When Mum and Dad visited, I told them about being named her guardian and that I had accepted. I couldn't wait to bring her home and meet my big wonderful crazy family. The way you have accepted her and helped her settle in, well, all I can say is thank you. Thank you for helping me with her when I have extra training, and, well, you know, for loving her.”

“She's an easy little girl to love,” said Arthur, “just like her mum,” he said proudly of Ginny, who smiled at him, then her face got serious again.

“Thanks, Dad. Only, now I find myself in a similar situation. I went to see Bill at Gringotts to finalise the adoption papers and such. He advised me I needed to make out a new will, including who will be Sam's guardian if anything happened to me. So who do I leave her with? I know you all love her and would take her, it's what any of us would do for each other. Bill and Percy have children, or will soon, as do Remus and Tonks. Would she better with siblings? She knows Sarah and loves Sirius, and they may not have any children, so that was a consideration. George, I'm pretty sure you and Angelina are headed for the alter, same with Nev and Hannah, is it fair to ask you to start your married life with someone else's child? Charlie and Ron, I don't know where your lives are heading, but I know you'd all do this for me if I asked. But I have to consider who is the best person for Sam, who knows her and already loves her as a parent should love a child, and I kept coming back to one person. So my decision is... Harry.”

She turned to Harry. “Harry, if anything happens to me, I want you to raise my daughter. Will you?” she pleaded.

Harry looked at her with tears in his eyes and nodded.
Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear