Search:

SIYE Time:1:53 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111631; Chapter Total: 3229







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ch 37 July 2004

It had been a highly anticipated day. The weather was glorious, a lovely barbecue lunch had been eaten, and now it was time for the third annual Potter-Weasley Quidditch match. It had been brought forward as Ginny's due date was around the same time as Harry's birthday. The teams were locked at one victory each, so today's game was the decider.

Ron would always claim it as a victory. Sirius said the game should be replayed as Harry was too distracted. Ginny had had a backache for two days now, and was finding it hard to get in a comfortable position when sitting or sleeping. Harry was keeping an eye on her and trying to find the Snitch at the same time. He saw Ginny wince and stand up, then her waters broke. Harry dove straight down to her, while Fleur flew in the opposite direction and caught the Snitch.

Team Weasley were celebrating in the air, while all hell had broken loose down on the ground. Harry hurried to Ginny's side and scooped her into his arms and headed for the floo. Remus and Tonks were shushing the children, who were laughing at Auntie Ginny peeing her pants. Molly and Arthur were following Harry, yelling to Bill to organise to clean up the house and yard before coming to the hospital.

Harry had stepped into the floo and raced into the hospital; Ginny moaning in his arms. She was four weeks early and Harry was panicking. He yelled for help, and the Mediwizards came and put Ginny on a stretcher and took her away. Harry followed, but had to wait outside while they examined Ginny.

Molly and Arthur came out of the floo and went up to Harry, and he told them Ginny was being examined. The healer then came out and told Harry everything was going well, and Ginny was in labour. He asked Harry if he wanted to be in the room with Ginny. Harry didn't hesitate, he jumped up and headed for Ginny's room. Molly and Arthur promised to let the rest of the family know what was going on.

Two hours later and the waiting room was full of people all waiting outside one room. The staff of St Mungo's had magically expanded the waiting area as more and more people arrived. Once word got out Ginny Potter was in labour, the press had also staked out the hospital, waiting for the big announcement.

Tonks had generously decided to stay at her house with the children, Teddy, Tina, Tori and little Dominique, who was starting to walk. Audrey had returned to her house with baby Lucy, as had Angelina with little Freddie. They encouraged their husbands to be at the hospital for their sister, and bring them the news when the babies arrived.

Sirius paced nervously, a fact which amused Remus and Sarah. George and Bill were handing out cigars. Percy and Ron were checking the parchment they had written a month after Ginny had announced her pregnancy, in which all of her family had placed bets on the birth date and the sex of the babies. Susan was sitting with Molly and Arthur, who had Sam on his knee. They were discussing the latest plans for her and Ron's house, with Fleur offering advice. Charlie was trying to chat up one of the nurses.

A door opened and a nurse looked out. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at her. She looked at all the people gathered, and finally said, “Sam?”

Sam slid off Arthur's lap and went into the room. The door closed behind her.

“Merlin, she could have at least given us a bit of an idea what's going on!” said Sirius, running his hands through his hair. “ I can't take much more of this. This is taking forever!”

Bill, Percy, Remus and George laughed. “Ginny's been in labour less than three hours. If she's all done, she's had it easy. Fleur was in labour for fourteen hours with Tori, and ten with Dom,” said Bill.

“Twelve for Audrey,” piped up Percy.

“Seven for Angie,” said George.

“Good Lord, three hours has been bad enough, I can't even imagine-”

Sirius stopped talking as Sam came out, holding the door for Harry. He held a bundle of blankets in each arm. He looked around at the family waiting, tears in his eyes as he made the announcement.

“Thanks for waiting everyone. Ginny's fine, she's just having a bit of a rest. She wanted me to come out and bring the newest members of the family to meet you all.”

Molly stood up eagerly, Arthur with her. “Well, what are they?”

Harry walked up to Arthur and placed a baby in his arms. “This little guy is James Arthur.”

He then walked over to Sirius , who paled nervously. Harry placed the other baby in his arms. “This is James' s brother Albus Sirius. Boys, this is our family.”

Everyone crowded around, gushing over the babies. Their hair already had a touch of ginger, yet Harry could clearly see his nose on both his son's features. He accepted congratulations from everyone, keeping an eye on the boys as they were passed around.

He went over to Sirius, who seemed quite in shock. “Can you believe they're finally here. I'm a Dad. I have sons, ” he said to Sirius, emotion thick in his voice.

Sirius grabbed him and hugged him. “You're going to be a great father. I'm so proud of you, Harry, Ginny too. How is she?”

“She was amazing. She's tired, but so happy they're here. I really should get back in there and take them back to their mum,” said Harry.

“Congratulations Harry. Give our love to Ginny,” said Remus, patting both Harry and Sirius on the back.

“Remus, would you be a godfather to James? We were actually going to ask you later today. Sirius, would you be Al's?” asked Harry.

They both nodded, too overcome with emotion to speak, and Harry grabbed them in a three way hug. He turned back to see Molly and Arthur holding the babies. He made his way to them, but was stopped by Ron.

“Mate, congratulations. I can't believe you're a Dad! If anyone deserves happiness, it's you Harry, and Ginny. Give her all our love, won't you.”

He draped an arm over Susan, who smiled at Harry.


Harry nodded and followed Molly and Arthur into Ginny's room. He found Sam curled up on the bed with Ginny, talking quietly.

Molly and Arthur placed the babies in the bassinets near Ginny's bed, before going to congratulate their daughter.

“Well done, my darling. The babies are beautiful. A good size, despite being early,” said Molly.

“My boys are my July bookends. These two on the first and Harry on the thirty-first. They're beautiful, aren't they? They've only been here for a little while, and I can't imagine my life with out them in it. They are so perfect, so innocent,” said Ginny, leaning against Harry as he came to sit on the side of the bed and pull her close to him.

“This is what we fought for, a better peaceful life for our children,” agreed Arthur, kissing his daughter on the top of her head. “We'll go and spread the news, and leave you to spend some time together before everyone comes to visit.”

“Will you please try and find Luna to let her know? Nev might know where she is. I haven't heard from her in a month,” said Ginny.

One of the babies started to cry. Molly and Arthur said goodbye, and Harry picked the crying baby up, and handed him to Ginny. She put him to her breast, and he latched on. Harry picked up the other baby, putting him in Sam's arms, standing beside her in case she needed help.

“What do you think of your brothers?” he asked her.

She smiled at her mum. “They're the best babies in the whole world. 'Course, it would have been better if they were sisters, not brothers, but that will be next time. They're pretty small, aren't they?”

“Wait, what do you mean next time will be sisters. As in two. Again!” said Ginny, looking aghast at Harry.

Harry laughed as he hugged his daughter while she held his son. “Well she did tell me once I was going to have three daughters. I say the more the merrier!”

Sam just smiled at Harry. Ah, if only he knew what she knew.
Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear