Search:

SIYE Time:23:43 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111593; Chapter Total: 4655





Author's Notes:
I am totally overwhelmed to be nominated for a DSTA, thanks to everyone who nominated my story, and to everyone who is reading.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry had to wake Ginny up a few hours later to give her some more pain potion. Groggily, she sat up to take it, then lay back down again. Harry left her to sleep, but left her door ajar, in case she needed him. It was after midnight when he heard her calling out, so he left his bed and made his way to her room. She was having a nightmare.

“Stop, no,..., leave her alone, you monster..., oh God, Harry!” she mumbled in her sleep, tossing her head from side to side. Harry shook her uninjured shoulder as he sat on the side of her bed.

“Gin..., Gin, love, wake up, ssh baby, it's alright, c'mon Gin, wake up.”

Ginny half woke, and looked up at Harry, then sat up and hugged him. “Thank Merlin, you're here. Please,just hold me..., you can sneak out in the morning..., McGonagall will never know. It's just Hermione....” Her voice trailed off as he lay back down in the bed with her. She turned on to her side and Harry spooned her, his arm draping over her waist. “Mmmm, need you here,” she murmured, drifting back to sleep.

Harry realised Ginny was still so asleep, she'd thought it was her last year of Hogwarts, when Harry would sneak in to meet her in the Room of Requirement. He'd had to see her, be with her, love her. They'd been separated too long already, and this school year seem endless.

Ginny stirred in the bed, turning over and flinging her arm and leg over Harry. He was practically asleep himself so he just gathered her close, kissed her temple and whispered, “Love you, baby.”

Ginny whispered back, “Love you, too,” and they both fell asleep, unconsciously happy to be back in the arms of the one they loved.

When Harry awoke the next morning, Ginny was gone, to training he assumed. It was mid morning when the floo lit up and Ron's head was in it. “Ok to come through, Harry?” he asked.

“Sure,” said Harry, a bit coolly.

Ron came through, brushing soot off his shirt. “How are you mate? It's been awhile, eh? Is, er, is Ginny around?” he asked a bit nervously.

“No, she's at training. What do you want her for? To apologise, maybe?” asked Harry angrily.

“So, she told you, then?” asked Ron.

“She didn't need to tell me, I saw the bruises,” snapped Harry.

Ron winced. “I'm so sorry. It just got out of hand. She's alright though, isn't she?” he asked, genuinely concerned.

Harry sighed, thinking of cuddling in bed with Ginny last night. “Yeah, she should be fine. They would have sent her home by now if she wasn't able to train, right?

“Yeah,” said Ron, thinking deeply. “Amazing, hey, to think of my little sister playing in the World Cup. I mean, it's the bloody World Cup! Remember going to see Bulgaria v Ireland fourth year?”

They headed for the kitchen to get a butterbeer and chat. Sirius was in there, he gave Ron a curt nod, and told Harry he was going out. Ron and Harry chatted for a bit, then Ron suggested they go somewhere for lunch before he headed to work, as he had the afternoon shift at WWW. Harry suggested the Leaky Cauldron and they flooed to Diagon Alley, then made their way to the Leaky.

Ron was going into the logistics of the World Cup being in Australia, and of England's chances. He was rambling quite a bit, which suited Harry, who only had to nod and agree whenever Ron stopped for a breath.

They didn't talk much while they ate their meal, then Ron suddenly asked, “Does she ask about me, Harry? Ginny, I mean,” he said quickly, so Harry didn't have to ask which 'she' he had meant.

“She asked me yesterday about your drinking,” said Harry truthfully, then couldn't resist adding, “when I was rubbing the bruise paste on her.”

Ron ducked his head in shame, playing with his empty glass and thought for a couple of minutes, before he spoke in a low voice. “It wasn't supposed to be like this, was it Harry? You know, I just thought, you and me, we'd go be these bloody brilliant Aurors, Hermione would go kick ass at the Ministry and Ginny would be the Quidditch Queen. Then we'd get married, live next door to each other and our kids would be best friends for life. Just like us.” His voice had thickened as he'd mentioned marriage. His eyes never met Harry's.

“It's a nice Happy Ever After theory, Ron,” Harry agreed, “but we don't always get what we want. I mean, what did you expect with Ginny? After what we accused her of, is it any wonder she told us she didn't want to see us again?” he asked wryly.

“But she's my sister!” Ron argued.

“And what she said that afternoon? Wasn't that true. We did ignore her, we did exclude her. I know at the time it felt like the right thing to do. But looking back, I just think Ginny could have helped us, at least, would have wanted to help us, in any way she could. I mean, I think I should have told her the prophecy,” argued Harry.

“That's 'cos you were in love with her,” teased Ron. “Ginny's not stupid, she probably would have guessed it anyway. I suppose you now think she should have come with us on the Horcrux Hunt?” asked Ron, now serious.

“I think,” began Harry slowly, “it would have been better if she was there. Think about it, she's your sister, she's a girl so it would have been good company for Hermione, and I think you and Hermione might have got together sooner, then we would have all had 'couple' time, which I think would have helped with some of the er, other issues that came up, you know, just before you left.” Rons insecurities had split the Trio for a time, and Harry had honestly no idea how deep the jealousy ran until they'd destroyed the locket Horcrux.

“So, you wished she had come with us?” asked Ron, curiously.

“Yes and no. We never really talked about what she, Nev and Luna faced at Hogwarts. It kills me to think what she might have gone through, you know what Nev told us things were like, when we came in the tunnel from Abe's to the Room of Requirement. But then, if she had come, I would have been always watching out for her, and you know what it was like. There was no room for hesitations, no second guessing. I…I would have lost my focus because I needed her to be safe. Same as if Sirius had come with us. They are my family,” said Harry strongly.

“Did they ever ask to come,” asked Ron, aware that Harry had said 'are', not 'were'.

“Ginny didn't. After the Battle, when I asked her why, she said she knew she couldn't go because of the Trace, and because she couldn't Apparate yet. And Sirius, well, he just expected that he would go, and was mad at me when the three of us just left. We... still don't talk too much about that time, he gets upset....” Harry didn't want to go into this now.

They both stopped talking as they finished off their lunch, Ron needing to leave soon to go to work.

Suddenly, Ron asked quietly, “Are you still in touch with Hermione?”

Harry simply replied, “No. Well, not since...”

“Bloody hell!” interrupted Ron, his eyes fixed on the front of the Leaky. “What the bloody hell does she think she's doing?” he cried angrily, standing up to get a better view. Harry looked over to where Ron was looking, and he got a shock at what he was seeing. They both watched for several minutes.

There was Ginny, looking like she'd just come from training, and she was having an animated conversation. She looked happy to see this person, nodding and touching his arm, laughing at something he'd said. Then they both turned to face each other, their expressions turning serious before they hugged and walked out the door together, before going their separate ways. Ron and Harry turned back to each other, both stunned. It was Ron that asked the question.

“What the bloody hell is Ginny doing with Draco Malfoy?”


Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear