Search:

SIYE Time:4:20 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111620; Chapter Total: 4270







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Breakouts ...

Harry rubbed his eyes as he prepared to leave Azkaban. He'd been having trouble sleeping lately, with thoughts of Ginny bringing up reminders of the past, of cold nights spent in a tent, the fear of being found by Snatchers or Death Eaters, the fear of never finding his way home, to her. The fear of not surviving, and of dragging his two best friends down with him. Thinking of Ron and Hermione would remind him of how they all changed after the Battle, the closeness they once had now long gone. Ron's words came back to him 'it wasn't supposed to be like this' he'd said.

Harry agreed but sighed, you couldn't change the past but only look to the future. For now he had to deal with present. He headed to the apparition point of Azkaban, about to sign out when a junior Auror ran to him, calling out.

“Auror Potter, you need to see this”. The urgency in his voice made Harry not hesitate but walk back towards the cells where high profile criminals were kept. His heart ached at the thought of Sirius once being held there for so many years. He walked into Lucius's cell and froze, his eyes not believing what he was seeing. He had been in and out of the cell the last couple of hours and, apart from a dead cat that looked like it had been killed by the Avada Kedavra spell, they had found nothing, no personal correspondence or photos, just a few books he'd been reading. But now...Harry couldn't believe it.

Everywhere he looked, covering every wall, the back of the door, hell, even the ceiling, were photos of Ginny. Ginny as a schoolgirl, in Hogsmeade, at the Yule Ball, in her Gryffindor Quidditch robes, looking very pretty all dressed up for Slughorn's Christmas party, then looking sad at Dumbledore's funeral. That must have been moments after he'd broken up with her, thought Harry.

His attention then drew him to the wall nearest the bed Lucius slept on. His heart broke and his fist's clenched at the photos there. Ginny, bloody and bruised, crying out, tears in her eyes, Ginny lying on the ground while someone's foot kicked her side. The next photo showed Neville and Luna lying unconscious next to her, another one showed Ginny under the Cruciatus curse, and the last one on this wall was of Ginny struggling while two hands held her down, a hand groping her throat and sliding down to her breast. Harry felt sick.

The next wall showed Ginny at the first ceremony at Hogwarts after The Battle, and at Fred's funeral. The next photos showed her back at Hogwarts, hugging Luna on the school grounds. A photo showed her meeting Neville at the Hogs Head. A photo from a later date showed both Neville and Ginny going into a room down Knockturn Alley.

The photos were like a time line of Ginny's life, her meeting Gwenog Jones, the captain and coach of the Harpies, of Ginny's first game and her championship game. The photos then got a bit more personal.

There were several of her while on holiday with her ex boyfriend Nick. One showed Nick rubbing sunscreen on Ginny's back before leaning in to kiss her, which made Harry grit his teeth. His attention was then drawn to several photos with himself in it. He went up to get a closer look.. They were of Harry and Ginny when they were together at Hogwarts, in their favourite spot near the Lake, just lying together, hands on each others waist (all he dared at the the time), and leaning in to kiss. Harry was surprised to see how contented he looked, although he could clearly remember that was absolutely how Ginny had made him feel.

“Auror Potter. Auror Potter, did you hear what I said?” asked the junior Auror, Thompson.

“Er, no, sorry, can you repeat that?” said Harry, putting his memories behind him and concentrating on the job at hand. “What charm was all this,” he swept his arm around to indicate the photos, “that hid this for so long?”

“Well, the initial finding is that these are photos from someone's memory. We say someone, some may be from Lucius but the earlier ones suggest someone that saw her on a day to day basis at Hogwarts.” Immediately Harry thought of Draco.

“And the charm was a mix of Obscuro and Evanesco,” continued Auror Thompson.

“But he would have needed a wand for that, I don't think I ever heard of Malfoy being able to do wandless magic,” said Harry. “Some of these photos are from after Malfoy was incarcerated. Which means he had someone helping him on the outside.” Someone who had been following Ginny's life. He made a note to get Draco Malfoy brought in for questioning as soon as possible.

“What shall we do about Miss Weasley, sir? Shouldn't she be made aware of this?” asked Thompson.

“I know where she is, I'll go get her and bring her in so we can talk at the office. Thank you, Thompson, good work,” said Harry, determined to get to Ginny to know she was safe. Of course she was safe, he thought, home at Grimmauld Place, probably tucked up in bed and sound asleep. But somewhere out there, Lucius Malfoy was free and Ginny was on his agenda. Why?

He'd had to apparate to a couple different locations before arriving at Grimmauld Place. It was nearly midnight by now and the place was silent. It gave an ominous feel to Harry. Dobby appeared and said, “Master Harry, sir, you is home. Would you be wanting food or drink?”

“No thanks, Dobby. But tell me, how was Ginny tonight when she came in, was she upset or anything?”

“Miss Ginny hasn't returned all day, Master Harry. We thought you might be spending the evening together somewhere,” said Dobby with a smile. “Master Harry is happier with Miss Ginny back, Dobby remembers last time she was here and you...”

“Okay, Dobby, listen, I have to go the Burrow, but if Ginny should come home, can you ask her to send me a Patronus. Thanks Dobby,” said Harry, flooing away.

He arrived at the Burrow and hesitated. The house was dark and quiet, it was nearly midnight and he supposed Molly and Arthur were asleep. He hated to wake them, knowing his visit would only cause them concern.

“Harry, is that you?” said a quiet voice from the lounge. Harry moved from the floo in the kitchen to the direction of the voice, and was relieved to see Ginny in front of the fire, still dressed, with a blanket draped over her legs. She'd been reading a book.

“What are you doing here?” they both asked at the same time, smiling as they realised what they had done. Ginny went first.

“I stayed behind to help mum tidy up, then we were chatting and I started to get tired. I decided to stay the night because I didn't want to stay at Grimmauld Place alone.'

“Ginny, listen to me. I know it's late but something's happened and I need you to come to Azkaban with me,” said Harry.

“What?” gasped Ginny, “Why would I possibly have to go there?” she asked, sitting up.

“Ginny, listen,” said Harry, taking her by the shoulders. “Lucius Malfoy has escaped from Azkaban.”

Ginny gasped, Harry could see her mind processing what this might mean.

“Wait, what does it have to do with me?” she asked, standing up and running her fingers through her hair.

Harry watched her, mesmerised, then looked into her eyes. “There's something you need to see.”

Ginny looked at him for several seconds then nodded her head. She quickly wrote a note for her parents, stating that she'd returned to Grimmauld Place, then turned to Harry.

“Let's go!” she said.


Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear