Search:

SIYE Time:16:13 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Power
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Rape, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 239
Summary: What really happened to Ginny, Neville and Luna while the Trio were off on the Horcrux Hunt.

Repurcussions, jealousy and lies would cause friendships to end. 5 years later, will Harry get his answers? And will he get back the only girl he could ever love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 111589; Chapter Total: 4207







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Lucius Malfoy looking at these for the last five years made her feel violated. She saw one of herself being held down, while she screamed, her eyes on something not in the photo. She knew exactly what she'd been looking at.

'Not what', she thought, 'but who.' Poor little Jenny, who'd been in the wrong place at the wrong time that night. Tears welled up in her eyes as she thought about the consequences of that night.. She turned and found herself in Harry's arms, which came up and around to hold her, rubbing her back.

“You okay?” he whispered.

“Harry, I don't, I just...how did he get all these, and why?”

Harry sighed. “I was hoping you could tell me, it's why I brought you here. You sure you're okay?”

She nodded. “Can we get out of here please?”

Harry hesitated, then agreed. “Gin, you'll have to come to the Ministry to go over a few things, answer a few questions, that sort of thing,” he said. She nodded.

They left Azkaban and returned to the Ministry, going straight to the Auror's offices. Ginny asked if she could go to the ladies. Harry walked her there, then went to arrange for some food and coffee to be sent up as he didn't know how long they would be there.

Not even 15 minutes passed as they were nibbling on sandwiches in Harry's office when there was shouting coming down the hall. Since there was only minimal staff on at this time of night, Harry kept his hand on his wand as he went out to investigate. There, striding down the hall, was a concerned Neville Longbottom. He saw Harry and headed to him.

“Where is she? Is she okay?”

They stared at each other for seconds before Harry moved aside, allowing Neville into his office, asking the other Auror, White, to leave them. He did and Harry closed the door behind him. He turned back to look at the pair.

Neville was hugging Ginny, while she assuring him she was fine, saying she hadn't meant for him to come back.

“Don't be silly, of course we would come back. Once we got your Patronus we were both going to come back. Then we drew straws. I got the short one and well, here I am,” he said.

“Prat!” she said, smiling.

“Wait, you sent a Patronus to Neville asking him to come get you?” asked Harry, confused and a bit hurt.

Ginny shrugged, “I sent a Patronus telling Neville AND Sirius that Lucius Malfoy had escaped from Azkaban and that I was currently here. That's all.”

“And did you tell him about the photos?” Harry demanded.

“No!” snapped Ginny.

“Photos. What photos?” asked Neville, his eyes looking from one to the other. “WHAT PHOTOS?” he demanded, when they hadn't replied to him.

“Photos of Ginny. Hundred of photos of Ginny. Someone has been keeping a very close eye on her. I thought you were looking out for her?” snapped Harry.

Neville paused, looking at Harry, then Ginny. Then he stood up.

“Right, well, we're going,” he said, taking Ginny by the arm and heading for the door.

“Nev, it's fine I wanted to - ”

“You can't just come in here and take her, I need - ”

Neville turned back to Harry. “Is there any reason Ginny can't go?” he asked.

Harry shook his head.

“Then she can come back tomorrow and talk to you then. It's been a long, emotional day. We'll be back in around lunchtime tomorrow,” he said over his shoulder, guiding Ginny out the door.

She threw Harry an apologetic look over her shoulder as Neville shepherded her down the hall.

“What the hell!” said Harry, feeling frustrated. He sat down at his desk, sighing with fatigue and running his hands through his hair. He pulled open a file and started to write. 'No one was coming to drag him out of the office,' he thought darkly

The next morning found Harry walking through the doors of the Leaky Cauldron, not in a good mood. He'd checked up on Ginny at Grimmauld Place, not surprised to find she hadn't returned there. He flooed the Burrow, pretending to have left his jacket there so he didn't worry Molly and Arthur, but she wasn't there. As Bill and Fleur were there visiting, Harry knew she wasn't at Shell Cottage. He'd flooed to Diagon Alley but George and Ron hadn't seen her since Tori's party. So he'd headed to the Leaky Cauldron. Hannah saw him come through the door, and came around from the bar to greet him.

“Hi Harry, can I help you with anything?” she asked, looking at him closely.

“Just wondering if you'd seen Nev - ”

“Come with me,” she said, heading for the stairs.

Harry was a bit confused but followed. “Hannah, what the - ”

She stopped and nodded at the door. “They're in there,” she said. She knocked on the door softly.

Harry heard someone reply.

Hannah said “Nev, it's me, Hannah”.

Harry heard movement in the room, Neville must have come to the door because Harry could hear him clearer.

“What did I say to you a few weeks ago, when you asked me about Ginny?” Neville asked.

Hannah blushed and looked at the floor.

It reminded Harry of Mr and Mrs Weasley when he found out Arthur called Molly 'Mollywobbles'.

“Neville, please...” said Hannah, trying not to look at Harry and blushing furiously.

Her hair was red too, Harry noted, although more a strawberry blonde.

“Hannah...” prompted Neville.

“You told me your Gryffindor sword is only for me” said Hannah, “Cheeky bugger,” she said, grinning.

Harry smirked.

Neville said, “Okay, you can come in.”

Hannah said “Wait! Harry's here with me.” There was silence.

Finally Neville said “Harry, what spell did Hermione cast on me when you three were going to sneak off and fight Quirrell?” he asked.

Harry replied, “It was Petrificus Totalus.” The door opened slightly and Harry and Hannah went inside. Ginny was perched on the side of the bed, reading that days edition of The Daily Prophet. Harry went to her, while Neville and Hannah talked quietly.

“How are you?” he asked. She shrugged.

He looked around the room. “So, you and Neville stayed here last night?” he asked, trying to keep the jealousy out of his voice.

“Nooo, I stayed here and I'm not sure where Neville stayed. Why don't you ask Hannah? She rents rooms here, maybe he stayed in one of those. Hannah has a room here herself, you know. Maybe she had room in there for Nev and his, er Gryffindor sword!” smirked Ginny.

Neville and Hannah both gave Ginny the finger, she poked her tongue out at them.

“Are you ready to go?” asked Harry.

“How long will I be?” asked Ginny. “Lucky I had a couple of days off from training, isn't it?”

“About that,” said Harry reluctantly.

“What?” asked Ginny quickly.

“You're probably going to be set up with an Auror for awhile. He'll follow you and stay with you at training. Obviously with all the wards at home, you'll be safe at our home and the Burrow. But you'll have to stay close to those places, no shopping trips with Tonks or Fleur, no trips to the zoo with Teddy, no-”

“No way! I won't have someone following me around. I can't just stay at home, I'll go crazy. No, I can't and I won't."

“Ginny, it's for your own safety. I knew you would hate it, it's just till we catch Malfoy. Please Gin, you need to be safe,” he pleaded.

Ginny was shaking her head but it was Neville's quiet voice that got through to her.

“Gin, Sam will be here soon. You need to stay safe. For Sam's sake.”

Ginny had her head down thinking, then she raised it and nodded at Neville. “You're right Nev. Thank you.”

She moved to hug Hannah and whispered something in her ear which made Hannah blush.

She headed to the door. “Thanks for the room, Hannah, and the yummy breakfast. You're going to make some man a wonderful wife one day,” she said, with a look at Neville.

It was Neville's turn to blush. He followed Ginny and Hannah out the door, grinning at Harry as he passed him.

“You coming, Potter?” called Ginny.

“Yes ma'am” he grinned, leaving the room and closing the door.

A/N A big thanks to the Harry Potter Lexicon for all the amazing info there, a big help to newbies like me! A


Reviews 239
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear