Search:

SIYE Time:12:56 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Time War
By Mutt N Feathers

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Rating: R
Reviews: 15
Summary: REPUBLISHED 5/2014
The final story in the Continuum/Ranimer/Growing Up with Mum and Dad arc. Can the Marauders and their children stop time from spiraling out of control or unleashing a fate worse than Voldemort in time? Please read the previous stories first so the time-travel aspects make sense.
Hitcount: Story Total: 64544; Chapter Total: 2249





Author's Notes:
Hi, yes, I'm finally back, yeah. I promise I won't be ignoring my fan fic writing anymore. My new novel is out. "The Witch's Brother" is a murder mystery/love story/palace intrigue tale with magical knights, and evil queen and a birthright 1000 years in the making. If you enjoy my writing, and especially this chapter, then the book is for you. Go to my website for more information. Advertisement over, chapter beginning. Thanks for hanging in there, MNF




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 17:
Gone

September 12, 1990
Stoneyfell, Portree, Scotland

“Have you considered what you’re going to do now, Draco?” James asked the young man who had arrived five years ago, cluing them all in on the Time War happening around them.

“Mum, I mean Anwen --”

“It’s okay to call her mum,” James gently corrected the other man. He was only a few years younger than the guys, Lily and Eva. Anwen was a year younger, but knowing Anwen as he did, he wasn’t surprised the other wanted to consider her his mum. “You know she loves you as much as she does her eldest son?”

“Believe me, she’s rather adamant about sharing her feelings on the matter.” Both laughed a bit at the comment. James considered his Lily a remarkable mother, same with Alice Longbottom. However, his cousin Anwen and Molly Weasley were mothers of a different sort. They would take care of anyone with the same passion they cared for their children. Calling her an adamant mother was an apt description. Draco took a long sip of his bitter before continuing. “Really, though, it’s so different than what I grew up with. I had no idea parents were so passionate about their children. Even Sirius, he’s...I really think he considers being a father and husband the most wonderful thing to have happened to him. There are times he looks like he’s pulled the greatest prank on everyone, he’s just that happy.”

James smiled deeply and felt a pull at his heart. “You know, I think that’s the best description I’ve heard about him in a long time. Knowing him as I do, I think he does consider his life a wonderful prank; he’s tricked the universe and got someone else’s life.”

“He’s nothing like my mother had me believing. Honestly, the Black women had this mantra that Sirius was the proverbial black sheep of the family, and had done everything to embarrass them. He was worthless and brainwashed into believing there was anything worthwhile in someone not pure-blooded. They saw Anwen as everything that was wrong in the world. Of course, none of them knew she was a Parker. Oh, they would have fallen at her feet, grovelling for her attention, and Mum would have been polite, but she would have turned them down.”

“Winnie is something quite different than what was known before,” James agreed. “But enough about your mum. What’s next?”

“Well, with the schooling over, all I need to do is take my Master level international test, and I will be an Astronomy Master, and as long as I pass, I have a career awaiting me at the Ministry,” Draco said proudly, and James clinked his glass against his nephew’s. He’d defended his thesis the day before in Düsseldorf, Germany. Anwen and Sirius had insisted on going with him, even though he was twenty-two and had been living on his own for the last four years. If the thesis was accepted, he would have successfully completed one of the hardest of the international standard Masters programs. The waiting — which could last anywhere between two weeks and six months — had begun.

“Draco, Sirius, your dad, said you did exemplary work. He should know, as he’s considered the most knowledgeable man on the subject in France,” James gently reminded him. “However, I’m quite certain you didn’t come here tonight just to get congratulations from me. I’ll see you tomorrow when your mum is throwing her soiree at Fair Garden.”

“You’re right, I do have another purpose,” Draco said shakily before taking a deep breath. “I know that my father sat on the Wizengamot before he sided with Voldemort in this lifetime. I want to know what it would take for me to reclaim that seat.”

James sighed heavily. “Are you sure you want to do that? You took every precaution when you first arrived to distance yourself from your bloodline.”

“Yes, I did and I have no plans to change anything. I am Draco Parker. I just think that, if I can, I should honor the legacy of the Malfoy family before my father and grandfather choose evil over good. While I’m in no way a bigot, I am from an old bloodline which had garnered respect in the past.”

“I wouldn’t have ever thought you bigoted, Draco. You are right, the Malfoy line is old and it was honored. I think it’s a fine thing, and I’ll do whatever I can to help you. I need point out one problem which might cause you to rethink claiming your heritage and bloodline. If you do this, the first time you go to the Wizengamot as the holder of the Malfoy chair, you will be required to publicly account for the actions which made the family lose their seat and be willing to pay reparations.”

“Mum had already mentioned that,” the blonde man said quietly. “Sirius has already agreed to let me use the funds which little Draco inherited after his grandmother died. He’s the only other descendant, and as Mum and Sirius said that even if I drained the account, which is significant, it wasn’t like little D would find himself broke when he reached seventeen.”

“True,” James said, taking off his glasses and wiping them with the handkerchief he kept in his pocket. “Well then, I will take you on as my client and help you do this.”

“Write up papers, James. I intend to pay you for your time.”

“I’m not taking money from my own nephew,” the older man scoffed. “Tutor Harry in Astronomy when he’s of age; actually all of my children. Neither Lily nor I know anything about the subject.”

“You did pass your OWL, didn’t you?” Draco asked with a slight laugh.

“Only because I cheated off Sirius and Lils crammed the night before. Anyway, that was years ago.”

“Not that many, and yes, I will tutor anyone who needs it when the time comes. Hoping I can convince little Little D to follow me into the field too.”

“You know Anwen hates that nickname you have for him.”

“Yeah, half the reason I continue to use it. She’s hilarious when she’s all wonky over something stupid like this. She blew up several pots in the kitchen last night because Dad was eating too many biscuits.”

“He does eat too many biscuits, especially when they’re warm,” James laughed with his nephew.

“True, but he does it every time she makes biscuits, just like the family refers to me as Big Draco and my,” he paused, thinking, “I guess he’s my brother, well anyway, they call him Little Draco. I just shorten it to Little D. He calls me Big D and it doesn’t seem to bother her.”

“That is because she can’t control you. Anwen likes to believe she has control of her life.” Draco choked on his beer.

“Delusional.” The men laughed and each took a long draw.

“Oh, and regarding my taking the Malfoy seat, provisions will be made so that he sits on the Wizengamot when he’s ready, and then any children he has will follow. It’s his timeline, I want him to benefit. I’m just going to keep the chair warm for him.”

“I wouldn’t worry about what’s going to happen in the future. Anwen and Sirius will both have seats which will need to be filled.” James said with deep introspection. “We have to get to the future.”

Neither man spoke, each lost in deep thought. While nothing dramatic had happened since Anwen’s mishap in June, there were no illusions regarding their safety. At any time life could unravel with time.
The sound of small footsteps broke James from his fears and worries. The doorknob turned and a small Harry bounded into the room.

“Uncle Draco,” the little boy said when he saw his daddy wasn’t alone. “I so happy to see you. Watch what I can do.” Harry said before he spun around twice before lifting himself into the air. “I fly!”

“Yes, you do, and without your broom,” he said happily. “When did you learn to do that?”

“Yestwerday,” the child answered in a slightly mispronounced way. “Me and Neville learned it.” Draco picked the child out of the sky and settled him on his knee.

“You are a very, very bright boy, Harry. How does your Daddy feel about your flying?” He asked the question while looking over the child’s head at his father.

“Worried,” James immediately answered, then thought more, “and impressed. We have six more years before his formal teaching is to start. I can’t fathom how we’re going to manage it.”

“Do what they do in Germany, start them at five. Little D and Bas are just as clever, and they work in tandem. Drives Mum a little barmy.”

“Dey here?” the child asked hopefully.

“No, sorry I came to speak with your dad.”

“’Cause he smart?”

“Indeed.” Draco set Harry down on the floor. “Show me how that flying thing works, and then I’ll take you out to see the stars and tell you the stories about each one.”

Harry did as he was asked, and spun around until he was floating. When he looked down to where his uncle had just been sitting, the boy was shocked to find no one there.

“Daddy, where did Uncle Draco go?”

James was looking at the chair, stunned as well. Harry fell to the floor, and began to cry, as he’d fallen on top of his bent fingers. James picked him up and was comforting him, even as he was withdrawing his wand to Patronus Sirius and Anwen.

“I don’t know, Harry. He just disappeared.”
Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear