Search:

SIYE Time:7:53 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Time War
By Mutt N Feathers

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Rating: R
Reviews: 15
Summary: REPUBLISHED 5/2014
The final story in the Continuum/Ranimer/Growing Up with Mum and Dad arc. Can the Marauders and their children stop time from spiraling out of control or unleashing a fate worse than Voldemort in time? Please read the previous stories first so the time-travel aspects make sense.
Hitcount: Story Total: 64549; Chapter Total: 1671





Author's Notes:
Hi all, sorry it's been so long. Life was nuts, I was sick, I'm better now. Enjoy, you have five more chapters to catch up with my other posting sites. MNF




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 20:

“Orion, my old friend, you’ve been holding out on me,” Voldemort said as he circled around one of his first followers. The man was loyal, and more than willing to put his gold wherever he was commanded; but Lord Voldemort had always suspected his there was something Lord Black had been holding back. He’d found out tonight what it could be.

“I have no idea what you mean,” the other man stammered, nervous about how his Lord was currently acting. Orion Black was frightened by few things in this world, but his former friend, Tom Riddle, was one of them. The man’s soul was blacker than pitch, and he had a temper which rivalled any storm he’d seen on the sea. Orion had always feared the Dark Lord would learn of the gold and other precious items he’d stowed away in France. He was willing to back the campaign to bring back Wizarding purity, but not at the expense of how his family lived. If he’d finally found out, this could mean the Black patriarch’s demise.

“I received an interesting report this afternoon about your daughter-in-law. How could you not tell me what she is?”

Orion Black blanched. He didn’t know what was going on; but at least it wasn’t his gold. His eldest son had something to do with it, the good-for-nothing blood traitor. How he ended up with the lost Parker princess he did not know. The girl was charming, but guarded. Orion had wished it was Regulus who had met her and fallen in love. “I don’t know what you mean, sir.”

Voldemort grabbed his face with one hand and held it close to his own. “I mean about Sirius’ wife being so powerful. She said no spell, yet she knocked out a half-dozen students and shook the castle with the strength of her magic. Two of the girls cannot perform any spells still. There are questions as to whether she drained off their magic.”

Orion was shocked. He knew she was related to Violet Parker, but no one had made mention of any of this power being present in the girl. If she could wield this much magic, she might also be capable of the magic which caused the previous Princess Parker’s death at the hands of Grindewald. “I swear, my Lord, I had no idea.” Voldemort released his face with a slight push.

“You had better be telling the truth,” the Dark Lord spit. “I want her. You will bring her to me.”

“I’m not sure that’s possible, sir. She’s at Hogwarts. No one can go in without permission of the Headmaster; and he will never give it. Not to mention, she’s the ward of the Potter’s. Go against them and —“

“And what?” the Dark Lord roared.

“Sir, it would bring the Ministry down on you. Dumbledore has them convinced you’re the scourge of the Wizarding World.” Orion continued to back away, although he wasn’t sure where he’d go as they were in his home office. Maybe he’d be safer behind his desk, sitting down.

“The old man is a thorn in my side.” Voldemort paced, making Orion nervous. Then he stopped, and smiled a wolfish, disturbing smile. “The next time he is home, bring your younger son to me.”

“Regulus? What do you want with him? He’s a good boy.”

“A good boy who will soon have a job to do for me.” Voldemort Disapparated on the spot, leaving Orion shaken.

*****

Hogwarts Castle, Gryffindor Tower
The five friends, two professors, a grandmother and the elder Potters sat in the small sitting room of Sirius and Anwen’s suite with the ghost-like presence of fifty-something Anwen and the girl known as Aly. Younger Anwen was asleep in the bedroom, charms monitoring her and quickly alerting the others if she were to awake again. She’d been plagued with nightmares, even with the Dreamless Sleep potion Mrs. Potter had plied her with. She had too much magic in her system, and it was making her body and mind race. Aly had just finished telling her tale.

“It’s only one possible scenario, but coupled with reports from other timelines, I’m genuinely concerned about the new changes we’ve inadvertently made,” older Anwen said.

“Voldemort will use Regulus horribly to get at her and break me, her,” Aly added, sadly. “My Sirius was murdered attempting to save me, but it’s his brother who suffered. The Dark Lord made him…I bore a Black’s child, but it wasn’t from the brother I loved. I was thankful when she died shortly after birth. I couldn’t imagine anyone being raised in that situation. Regulus killed the two deformed babies I had with the Dark Lord. He was tortured before they killed him. They made me watch before they killed me.”

Sirius stood suddenly, went to the window, opened it and roared loudly through it. His anger was at a breaking point, but he couldn’t let his little one hear his madness. Mrs. Potter went to him and put a loving arm around him, pulling him back to the others.

“You are not alone in this; not this time. We know,” she said calmly, “we all know now. He will not be allowed to touch her.” There was a fierceness to her voice which surprised yet comforted Sirius. He turned and hugged the only mother he’d ever loved.

“Sirius, come sit down. We have a rather bold plan which could keep her safe, but it involves you too.” The elder Anwen took a deep breath, pulled her bottom lip between her teeth — Lily noted that her young friend did the same thing when faced with saying something difficult — and then closed her eyes in a quick prayer. Sirius sat between Mrs. Potter and Lily, and the two women took his hands in theirs.

“Sirius, there are few things which would make Voldemort stop his desire for Anwen. One of them is knowing she is in the Hogwarts castle with Dumbledore as her protector. The first problem with this is that she would never be allowed to leave the castle proper. I know I would have bristled against such a stipulation. No more Hogsmeade weekends, no more Quidditch, no more house in London. It’s not fair to her. The second problem would be the students of Voldemort’s followers.”

“You mean the Death Eaters?” Remus asked.

“That is the most ridiculous name I’ve ever heard,” Mr. Potter interjected. “It’s not like they’re eating dead people or death itself; they’re just killing folks. Killing Squad might be more apt of a name.”

“Shite for brains would be the most accurate,” Professor McGonagall added hastily, and the students were in shock at hearing her speak a profanity. “Oh you youngsters,” she quipped, “it’s not like you don’t say worse things amongst yourselves.” The adults laughed, the teens were stunned into silence and the young Aly’s projection huffed.

“You have no idea what they’re capable of,” she said.

“Aly, we have some idea from what you’ve told us. I know you suffered a great deal, we all recognize how horrible it was for you. Our laughter is a way of coping with the tension of the situation. We all want to save our Anwen from your fate,” Mrs. Potter explained, wishing she could take the girl who wasn’t all that much older than her Anwen in her arms and love and comfort her.

“As I was saying, the students of his followers are the factor which makes the castle unsafe. We know at least one of them has parents who immediately reported this morning’s accident and the results. It’s why he wants her. The way things are, being engaged to you is no longer enough,” older Anwen stated.

“What can keep her safe?” Lily asked, fear evident through her words.

“We can do one of two things, or possibly both of them. First, we can hide her in time. I’ve figured out a spell which can bring someone forward in time. We could hide her in France, in my France and in our home there, until Voldemort is defeated.”

“I’d go with her, right?” Sirius asked.
“I’m not entirely sure that would be wise. In nearly every lifetime you are vital to the resistance of the Dark Lord.”

“I won’t be separated from her. I can’t be.” Panic was rising in the young man. He couldn’t sleep well without her. He always awoke screaming when she wasn’t with him.

“We know that,” Aly said softly.

“The second option, and probably the best one, is for the two of you to marry, immediately.”

Lady Black’s words hung in the air. The only one who knew this was coming was Aly, although Andrew Potter and Remus Lupin had already struck upon the idea.

“You want me to marry her while she’s only fourteen? Is that even legal?” Sirius asked, standing up again and starting to pace. James got up and walked with his best friend, hand on his shoulder in support. Sirius always thought better when he was moving.

“It is legal, with a dispensation from the Wizengamot,” Andrew stated. “Drafting one and getting it passed shouldn’t be difficult. You are both from ancient houses.”

“No!” Dumbledore yelled while standing up. It was the first he’d spoken in this meeting, not forgetting his eventful morning only weeks ago at the Potter’s home. Where once these people were his allies, now he wasn’t sure. The idea of Anwen and Sirius marrying now was ludicrous. “You don’t know what the future — her future — holds. Perhaps they are not meant to be together.”

A general uproar started, which wasn’t exactly what Dumbledore had intended. Voice upon voice layered so the sound was thunderous. It wasn’t until a loud whistle broke above the fray that the assembled stopped yelling and turned to the direction the sound came from. There stood young Anwen, thumb and third finger coming away from her lips; her body shaking in her pink pyjamas.

“What in the name of all that’s holy is going on out here?”

Sirius stood and went to her, cradling her small, quivering frame with his own. His back was to the crowd, as if he could expunge their discussion by protecting her from it. “Sorry, little one, we didn’t mean to wake you.” His voice was soft as feathers, as were the tiny kisses he was placing about her face.

“What made you all so upset?”

“Dumbledore said something offensive.”

“Again? What was it this time?” she sighed. Anwen missed the relationship she’d had with the Headmaster, but not his secrets. The Potter’s and her grandmother were much more open with her about the past, as well as the potential of her magic.

“It doesn’t matter,” Sirius attempted to put her off.

“Sirius,” Grandmother Hodgson said from behind them, “not telling her right now isn’t going to change the discussion nor protect her from what’s happened. You might as well bring her over and let her be part of this, since she is awake.” With one last lingering kiss, Sirius lifted Anwen bridal-style and carried her to the group. Lily attempted to stand and make room for Anwen next to him, but he shook her off. Anwen would remain in his arms.

Anwen took stock of the people around her, and realized it must be serious if her grandmother and Lady Black were here. There was also an apparition of a version of herself perhaps only five years older.

“Aunt Julia, can you start at the beginning and tell me why you’re all here, please?” Others might try to diminish the concerns, her aunt would not. Anwen listened with a calmness which betrayed her years. Julia Potter began with the immediate aftermath of the morning’s incident, the affected girls’ current conditions, why they had gathered and an abbreviated version of Aly’s story.

“My God,” Anwen whispered. Several were surprised by her statement; others were taken aback by her calm. Given that she’d just learned Voldemort was after her, many wondered if her words and the demeanour indicated she was in shock.

“I am so sorry you had to live through that,” Anwen added, turning to Aly. “I pray you have peace now.” Julia Potter and Minerva McGonagall smiled and shared a look with each other. Anwen was quite fine in their eyes; in fact, she seemed like herself.

“Yes, death brought me comfort. Sirius and I have my babies as well. My life will have meaning if I can stop you from living my fate.”

“Your life already had meaning. Whatever happens to me is of my making and that slimy, stupid, brain-for-shite bully isn’t getting anywhere near me.” James, Remus and Lily cheered for their young friend, while older Anwen smiled and nodded her head. This girl seemed to take everything in stride. Sirius, however, was more concerned.

Anwen was already an old soul when they met. He recognized one when he saw it, seeing as his fourteen years had been harder than most. Unlike the physical abuse he’d sustained, Anwen’s abuse was emotional. Her parents pinned their financial futures on her singing. She was destined to be the next great opera or theatrical voice; she wasn’t supposed to be a witch. She defied them and was essentially disowned. They wanted her pay when she worked in the summers, but they contributed nothing toward her care and education. If they’d only realized just how wealthy she would become. As the sole heir to the estate of Violet Parker, she was wealthy beyond the imagining and of ancient royal blood. Her roots in the Magical World were greater than his, the Potters and possibly even Dumbledore. That she was so calm worried him, for he feared she was going to let herself be coerced.

His Winnie was going to have a full and wonderful life, regardless of what others might want or expect of her.

“What is it you want the two of us to do?” she asked.

“The one thing we, all the Anwen’s we’ve had contact with and the historical records we’ve read from these timelines; the single thing we are sure of is that Voldemort does not harm the wives of his followers or their children’s wives. Nor does he take away mothers of small children,” older Anwen said.

Once again the room broke out in noise from the exclamations. Young Anwen looked at Aly, the yelling causing her to recoil. Anwen nodded at her, mouthing something which made the misty young version relax.

“He is not becoming a Death Eater!” Anwen yelled over the top of everyone. She knew no one in their right mind would suggest Sirius even attempt to pass himself off as a true believer; but she needed to make them all stop. “If marriage will stop Voldemort from wanting me, then we will marry. I will not discuss motherhood at this time, however.”

“Winnie, love, you don’t have to do this. We can figure out another way.” Sirius said while stroking her cheek.

“I know, but we’re going to be wed anyway. What’s a few years if it saves my life?”

“You still have a choice, my love.”

“I chose you when I was eleven, I’ve never doubted my choice, not really,” she said sweetly. Anwen then dropped her voice again. “Also, if we are married then I’d feel comfortable…you know…and Grandmother has said it might calm my magic down some.” She had blushed while she insinuated at sex, which made Sirius smile. Greater age and/or marriage had been the stipulations they had agreed upon for full intimacy. This would remove one of those impediments.

“Fine, you’ve persuaded me to marry you.” His voice was louder, so the assembled room could hear him. While the faces in the room were happy, save Albus, there was a lack of excitement the announcement would have held a few years in the future.

“When would you like us to complete ceremonies, Uncle Andrew?” the bride asked.

“I can do the Magical binding tonight, and we can have a simple ceremony tomorrow.”

“I don’t have a dress, I should have a wedding dress,” Anwen said sadly.

“I will see that you have an appropriate set of robes, my dear girl,” her grandmother said. “I do live in France after all. You will not wear one of those horrid, poufy gowns so in rage at the moment. You would look as if you’d drown in a sea of fabric. A good set of robes will do nicely. Well embroidered with the Black family shades of black and silver.”

“Do you think they’d be safe at our home? Just for a few hours, for the wedding?” Julia
asked.

“Actually, Julia, I think for this situation, a wedding in the Great Hall with any students who would like to attend invited might serve our purposes better,” Professor McGonagall answered. “What better way for information to be sent to Voldemort than by several of his trusted followers. After supper should suffice.”

Conversations were started about timing, decorations and the like. Lily and James assumed they’d stand up for the couple and soon all we engaged in planning the wedding the next day; except the bride and groom.

Sirius cast a privacy bubble around them, and leaned his forehead against hers. “This is too much to take in.”

“I know. I love you, and I’ve thought about being your wife since you first kissed me. We pledged ourselves to each other, and I don’t worry about you being good to me. I just feel like…”

“We’re chess pieces being moved about?”

She nodded to his ending of the sentence. “Let’s just hope the black king doesn’t kill us.”
“He isn’t the one we need to be worried about,” Sirius said darkly. “We could see him coming at us, moving only one space a move. It’s the black knights we need to be concerned about. They can strike us down, quickly.”

“Who would you name as the most dangerous?

“Lucius Malfoy, since he’s so close to my father and my idiot cousin, Bella. The rule about not shagging his followers doesn’t count with her. Apparently though, it was her idea.”

“How did you find this out?”

“Andi, the cousin I like. Cissy or Bella taunted her with it. As if she’d want to be involved with the ass. The family disowned her and is happier than she’s ever been.”

“Why was she disowned again?”

“Married a Muggle-born Wizard. Let’s hope they don’t feel the same way about you,” he said jokingly.

“They won’t. I’m the damn Parker princess. I should be wearing some ball gown and tiara, not a quickly dashed together affair.”

“We should probably hear what they’ve planned for us.”

“It wouldn’t be what I would pick. I’d want marry you by the lake, where we first sat together when I came to Hogwarts. Then I’d want a breakfast at Aunt Julia’s, if it was permissible.”

A tear fell down the cheek closest to Sirius, and he felt it when it dropped onto his shirt. “Someday we will have the wedding of your dreams, I promise. We need to listen to what they’ve planned. I’m not wearing regular shoes.”

“I’d never suggest you wear anything but your boots, dear.”

Sirius cleared the charm, and they listened carefully. The plans weren’t awful, and the pair agreed to nearly everything. Anwen insisted they both be allowed to pick their own shoes, as Sirius would have the aforementioned boots and Anwen refused to wear three-inch court shoes Lily had suggested. It wouldn’t really help the height disparity anyway. They also refused the traditional, heavy, fruit-and-nut wedding cake.

“I loathe the stuff,” she explained. “Sirius spit it out over the holidays when we were with his parents. Just make a simple sponge cake, please.” Anwen was truly on the verge of crying now. Today had been overwhelming.

“If that is what you want dear, that is what you shall have,” Aunt Julia replied.

“Before we do the Magical binding, can I at least change out of my pyjamas?” The defeated sound in Anwen’s voice concerned her friends.

“Let me help you,” Lily said, standing up. The two girls retreated and Sirius took the opportunity to talk with his mates about standing up with him, and sneaking into Hogsmeade to buy rings. They readily agreed.

Anwen emerged in a dark plum dress she’d worn on New Year’s Eve for the festivities in Edinburg. The magical binding only took moments, and Anwen and Sirius were married in all but the legal way now. There was no opportunity for divorce, as their magic could not be separated. Death of one would cause the immediate demise of the other. The pair only had eyes for each other.

Until Aly disappeared, unexpectedly.

Then Lady Black muttered, “Thank God that worked.”

Anwen heard her, and her anger was released into the room. The building shook and the windows broke. She had too much magic, so Sirius did the only thing he could think of. He pulled her into a hug, unknowingly fusing their magic, letting it balance between the two of them.

“You’re just making this up as you go, aren’t you?” she sneered at her older self.
Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear