Search:

SIYE Time:10:30 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 149
Summary: Time cannot stop the love story of Harry and Ginny. No matter what, they have a Forever Love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 91007; Chapter Total: 8932
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
This plot bunny came one morning as my sister and I walked on the beach and I asked her how she thought Harry would cope after the Battle. This chapter is all me, my beta is currently working on my other story Power. If anyone is free to beta, please drop me a line.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ch 1 January 1999

A frustrated Harry Potter checked his watch again. 'Where is Ginny?' he thought. He'd made it very clear to her last night as they'd gone over their plans once more. The train left at 10.05am and he was going to be on it, with her or without her. For him, there was no going back. He was leaving the wizarding world, with no intentions of returning any time soon.

After the Final Battle, after all the funerals, all the honours and all the rebuilding, there was Ginny. She instinctively seemed to know if he needed time to himself, someone just to sit with him, or someone to talk to, to unburden to. And sometime he just needed someone to hold him while he cried. He didn't think he would have made it through without her.

He hated the thought of them being apart during her last year at Hogwarts, and often found ways to sneak into the castle, or sneak her back to Grimmauld Place, just to be together. Their physical relationship had changed, and it just made Harry crave Ginny more.

He'd hoped that his Auror training would take up most of his time and energy. He pushed himself harder and harder, wanting to fall asleep at night without needing Dreamless Sleep potions, or firewhiskey. The nightmares were often, the loneliness hard, but being around people was hard, too.

The Weasleys tried so hard to be there for him, with Molly almost smothering him with motherly care and food. With Ginny and Hermione back at Hogwarts, Ron was the only child still at home, and even he found his mum oppressive. For reasons he didn't even know, Harry was hesitant to ask Ron to move in with him. Nearly a year alone with just the three of them made Harry want a little distance from them.

The only person that gave Harry any comfort, besides Ginny, was little Teddy Lupin. His Godson was the reason many a day that Harry even got out of bed. He liked to take Teddy out to give Andromeda a break, and he got quite good at looking after him. However, once he had left Teddy, he would return home, feeling guilty as to why he had no parents.

He was even getting discouraged being an Auror. He still found corruption in places, and for every criminal they caught, two more seemed to pop up. There were still Death Eaters unaccounted for, and not much effort was being made to find them, mostly due to the lack of Aurors available. The Ministry was rebuilding, but it was going to take time, maybe years. Harry didn't know if it was the right path for him or not. He decided to fire call Ginny, and see if he could send Kreacher to bring her to Grimmauld Place to talk, and maybe convince her to stay the night. He never had nightmares when she was with him.

However, Ginny wasn't in the common room when he fire called, but Hermione was. She told him Ginny had to study for a test the next day, and tried to discourage him from visiting her or sneaking her out. When he desperately responded that he needed her, Hermione looked disapproving and told him to get his baser urges under control. She then closed the fire, so he didn't even get a chance to see or talk to Ginny at all.

Ginny later told him that Hermione hadn't even told her Harry had called, that of course she would have come over. Harry just saw it as another chance of somebody taking advantage of him, of taking away his choices.

It was at that time, completely fed up with the lack of action with the Aurors, and the propaganda still being spread in the Daily Prophet about him, that the first thoughts of leaving the wizarding world, even for just a short time, started to take root. He thought he'd give himself a year at least, to get his thoughts in order, to deal with all he'd been through.

At Ginny's suggestion, and to appease Kingsley, Harry was undergoing therapy, and he found it interesting and helpful. His counsellor was in Muggle London so he planned to continue it, despite leaving.

The only downside was, how could he leave Ginny? He decided to tentatively talk to her about it when she was home from school for the Christmas holidays. She was shocked. She knew that Harry was having a hard time, but to leave? He told her he didn't want to be apart from her again, but he had to do this, he needed to get away. He also told her, for the first time, that he loved her, and that was reason enough for him to return.

Ginny thought long and hard for the rest of the day. The thought of being away from her family, of not seeing them for at least a year, was
heartbreaking, especially since the loss of Fred. However, Harry needed her, she knew that. She reasoned that she could still visit her family. In the end, there was no choice, she belonged with Harry. She told him she was going with him.

Harry perked up a lot at this, it was what he had secretly wanted, but didn't want to put any pressure on her. He told her they could spend the next couple of weeks planning things like where they would go, where they would stay and how they would get there.

As the days went on, Ginny's enthusiasm waned, as she didn't want to leave her family, but wanted to be with Harry. She'd been told she had a real shot at a Quidditch career, too, but a year away would be too hard to make up. Harry told her he was definitely going, no matter what, but he understood if she changed her mind.

They had agreed they would leave on January 10th. It was the date Ginny was due to return to Hogwarts. Molly had agreed to escort Ginny to Kings Cross, and leave her with Harry to take her through the barrier at Platform 9 ¾. There they could say their private goodbyes. Only, Harry and Ginny wouldn't go through the barrier, they would take another train that would take them far away. By the time the Hogwarts Express pulled in at Hogsmeade, and the alarm raised for Ginny's safety, Harry and Ginny would be far away. At 6pm, an owl was booked to deliver a letter to Molly and Arthur, explaining what they had done, and why.

So now Harry was waiting. He'd arrived at Kings Cross at 9.45am, anxious to get away. He'd seen Hermione arrive, but he hid from view, as she looked around for any familiar faces. Harry was relieved that Ron was unable to see Hermione off, so they'd said their last goodbyes at the family dinner at the Burrow the night before, Hermione then flooing home to spend her last night with her parents.

The Granger family were still adjusting to being back together, Hermione's decision to Obliviate them still a bone of contention to them. Hermione had spent all her holidays with them and Ron. Harry didn't really care.

Harry checked his watch again, the train was right there waiting. 10.02am. The Hogwarts Express had left two minutes ago. Where is she? Had she, could she have changed her mind? Surely she would have owled him.

10.03am. Harry had to get on board. He would get a window seat, where he could look out, hopefully to see her running on to the platform at the last minute. The Weasleys were never on time for the train, he remembered. He took his seat, and kept a vigil out the window.

10.04am. His heart was pounding, he didn't think he could do this without Ginny. It was now or never, was he going, or was he getting off the train?

The doors closed. Harry could feel the train slowly take off. His eyes stayed on the platform, willing his Ginny to come running. He didn't know how, but he would find a way to stop the train. 'Please Ginny, please come,' he thought.

The train pulled away from the station, picking up speed, taking Harry Potter away from Kings Cross Station, and away from the wizarding world.

He would get off at his chosen location a couple of hours later, get some take away food, find a cheap motel, and the emotional exhaustion would let him fall asleep straight away. As the motel didn't come with a television, he missed the news that an attack had taken place at Kings Cross station at 10.07 am. The reports gave no reason for the attacks, or who claimed responsibility.

Back in the wizarding world, the calm they had grown to rely on since the Final Battle was gone. A couple of Death Eaters had attacked Kings Cross, but why? The only one who might have a clue was Ginny Weasley, but she'd been unconscious for a week. Why had she missed the Hogwarts Express? Where was Harry Potter? Her shrunken bag had been found on her unconscious body, and shown to be full of the rest of her wardrobe from home. Was she running away? Molly and Arthur spent a week long vigil at her bed, along with her brothers.

Nothing could have prepared them for what Ginny would say when she finally woke up. She had been leaving with Harry, when she had been stopped by Dolohov and Goyle Snr. They had dragged her through the barrier and hid. They had been waiting for her to say goodbye to Harry, and planned to grab him. They had waited as the Hogwarts Express had left, but there was no sign of Harry. This unnerved them. Ginny knew she was running out of time, but they wouldn't let her go. Ginny struggled, finally turning around to slug Goyle in the face, and using her wand to do her bat bogey hex. She ran back through the barrier and down to the platform, in time to see Harry's train turn a bend, taking him away from her.

“Nooooo,” she cried, kicking a dustbin.

“The next train to that destination is in an hour if that helps, dearie,” said an elderly lady, walking past.

“Thank you,” said Ginny. She had a bit of Muggle money on her, she just hoped it was enough to buy a ticket. Then she would find Harry, and they could start their life together. First however, she needed to alert someone that the Death Eaters were around Kings Cross.

She went to leave the station, when she saw the two wizards. They spotted her at the same time. Ginny hesitated to draw her wand in front of so many Muggles. That hesitation cost her, as the two Death Eaters had no care for Muggles.

“Impedimenta! Bombarda!” they cried. Ginny felt the heat of the explosion and the smell of the blood and fear. It reminded her of the Final Battle. People were screaming, pushing against each other to get out of the station. A final yell of “Bombasta!” had walls crumbling around them, as part of the station was destroyed. Debris rained down, pinning and crushing many people. Ginny heard a final “Reducto”, then everything went black.








Reviews 149
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear