Search:

SIYE Time:1:39 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 149
Summary: Time cannot stop the love story of Harry and Ginny. No matter what, they have a Forever Love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 90993; Chapter Total: 5012
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Getting some great reviews, thanks so much, they definitely inspire me to write more. In this chapter we learn about Ginny's life after Harry left, and Harry reconnects with two people from his past, and realises how important he is to them.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 13 Feb 2

Harry woke early, looking around the unfamiliar room. He glanced to his right, to see Ginny with her bare back to him. He lay back, looking at the ceiling. If he had one wish, it would be for his son to have a peaceful life, but that was sure to be shot out of the water any time now. Harry was second guessing all his decisions now, but that really didn't help anything.

“Stop it,” murmured a sleepy voice. Ginny. He looked into her eyes and smiled. She smiled back.

“You're re-thinking your whole life, aren't you?” she said.

Harry wasn't surprised Ginny knew what he was thinking. She knew him better than anyone, sometimes better than himself. He rolled onto his side, drawing her close. He needed her warmth, in so many ways.

“Just the parts since I left,” he confessed. She drew him into her arms, offering comfort. It was a waste to tell him to stop, this was her Harry, who over thought everything, especially when it came to those he loved.

“Gin, last night, I told you about my life when I left. Will you tell me yours? I know you made a great career from quidditch, and I assume that's where you met Oliver. What happened between you. How did he die? He was my first quidditch captain, he was a top bloke, I can't believe he's gone.” said Harry, sadly.

“I know. It really was a tragedy. I met Ollie when we were both selected for the World Cup in 2001. I'd had a pretty fast ride with the Harpy's, we just missed out on the finals in 2000, but had a great year in 2001. We won the league, and I got Player and Chaser of the Year. Making the World Cup side was a dream come true.”

“Wow, Gin, I knew you would be great. That's amazing, that you had so much success in such a short time,” said Harry.

Ginny nodded. “I know. I didn't really have much else going on with my life outside quidditch. I wasn't dating, always training. Any free time off I had was spent at home catching up with the family, or spending time with Teddy,” said Ginny.

Harry sighed. “I've let Teddy down, too, haven't I? God, I never would have thought I was that kind of person. Last time I saw him he was nearly a year old, now he's what, fifteen, sixteen?”

“Sixteen next month,” said Ginny. “He's another one who could be affected by this. Harry, you weren't in a position to be there for him, all those years ago. I'm not saying what you did was right, but you did what was right for you. No one could deny you that.”

Harry shrugged, not sure if he agreed. “Go on, tell me about you and Oliver,” he said.

“I was glad to see a familiar face in the squad, traditionally there's not many females in the World Cup, and that year there was only me and another, but she got injured. Oliver knew Fred and George, of course, and he talked about you. No one really talked to me about you any more, they knew it upset me, but Ollie didn't know our history. It was easy to talk to him, about you, Hogwarts, anything. We got closer. It made me realise how lonely I was, that outside quidditch I had nothing. We were soon considered a couple, although we really weren't, then. I admit, though, it was nice to have someone to go to dinner with, to hug after a bad training session, to have a friend to turn to.”

She took a breath, but continued. “The media soon picked up on it. It had been a long time since England were in the World Cup, so the media frenzy was huge. Once they found out about me and Ollie, we became the quidditch sweethearts. It was crazy, but Ollie loved it. He loved the attention, the fame. He asked me to go along with it, pretend to be his girlfriend, and that we would 'break up' later. I didn't really want to, I hated all the attention, but he'd been a good friend to me, so I said yes.”

“They even played up the angle that I was seeing Ollie while you were away with Ron and Hermione, and when you found out about us you decided to leave. You know, 'Hogwarts love triangle,'” she said bitterly.

“God, I got enough of that crap with me, Ron and Hermione. Bastards!” he said vehemently.

Ginny nodded. “I know. Anyway, the media got worse when we actually won. The team was all hugging and celebrating, and then Ollie kissed me. I was so stunned, I didn't even react. That was the photo on the front page of the Prophet the next day. Crazy, huh? Anyway, we had been promised a trip to America if we won, I admit, it was good to get away for a bit. We'd done promotional tours and the likes, bringing the Cup to the fans to celebrate. They'd push for me and Ollie to do more and more, I was wiped out, but he loved it.”

“We had some down time while we were in America, they really didn't care too much what was happening in England, quidditch isn't as popular over there, so we had a bit more anonymity. We did have a press guy following us around, and he was feeding stories back to the Prophet. I still reckon he was the one to put the idea into Ollie's head, but I'll never know. It was my own fault anyway, for drinking too much that night,” surmised Ginny, lost in her thoughts.

“Woah, back up a bit, what are you talking about?” said Harry, confused.

“I was done with the tour, just wanted to go home. I was so homesick. The World Cup was played in what would have been our holiday break from the regular season. With the schedule as it was, by the time we returned to England, it would have been time to return to our own teams for the regular season. I would have no time to catch up with the family, or Teddy. I'd miss seeing Luna and Neville. I had a niece born, I hadn't even seen, little Dominique. I went out that night and had a bit too much to drink, but I was determined that the next day I was heading home.”

“So, what happened?”

“We were in a place called Las Vegas. Some of the guys in the team were playing in the casino, some winning, some losing. It wasn't really my thing, so I went to a show. Ollie came too, it was about a King, he sang some good songs. After his show, he announced that if you wanted him to, anyone could go to the chapel next door and he would marry you. Soooo-”

“Wait, are you saying you and Oliver had a quickie Vegas wedding performed by Elvis?” asked Harry increduously. He burst out laughing. “Is that even legal?”

Ginny sighed, smiling wryly. “Oh yes, don't worry, I checked my wedding certificate carefully, and got Hermione to do so when I got back to England. It was all legal. And the marriage had been, er, you know...”

“Consummated?” asked Harry, quietly. Ginny nodded.

“We got back to England and told our families. Ollie's parents were happy about it, mine were too, I guess. We found a place to live, it was close to the Wood's family home. Ollie was really close to his parents, especially his Dad. We agreed we'd keep our quidditch life as separate as we could, especially when we were due to play each other. Pre season training started, and things seemed to be going well, but then I got sick.”

“Sick? Were you okay? You're okay now, right?” said Harry, sitting up on his side to peer down at her anxiously.

“I was pregnant, Harry. I had to stop playing quidditch. The funny thing is, I didn't mind. From the moment I found out that I was pregnant, I loved my baby, and just wanted to be a good mum.”

“You're a great mum, Gin. Abby's a great girl, and she's been a great friend to Jay. She's a credit to you,” said Harry, leaning down to kiss her softly.

She deepened the kiss, but pulled back. “Thank you. Ollie was a great Dad too, and he adored her. We were happy, but we were never able to have any more kids. I would have liked another one or two. We had a really good life, Ollie had a good, long career. In 2010, Puddlemere was having a great year, and Ollie was on his way to a hat trick. Keeper of the Year, Captain of the Year, Player of the Year. All they had to do was win that last game, and they'd be Champions of 2010. He'd started to talk about retiring,” said Ginny sadly.

“What happened?” asked Harry.

“They were playing against the Falcons, the Falmouth Falcons. It was a fluke they were there, although they had had a good season. No one expected them to beat the Montrose Magpies, but they did. You know the Falcons are known for their hard play, and it wasn't always fair play either. It was such a tight game, really fast paced. The Chasers for both sides were finding it hard to score, so it was going to come down to who got the Snitch. The game started to get a bit desperate and dirty, on the Falcon's side, anyway. Three hours later, and the Snitch was finally sighted. The Seekers were frantically trying to get it, the whole crowd was on their feet, hoping this was going to be the end of it. Puddlemere's Seeker just about had it, he was slightly in front. The problem was they were heading straight for the goals. I don't really know what he was thinking, but one of the Falcon's beaters pushed Ollie into the path of the Seekers, and they crashed into him, pushing him into a goal post. He hit his head and fell. They don't know whether hitting his head or the fall to the ground killed him. All the players from Puddlemere were celebrating, because it was their Seeker who had caught the Snitch. I just stood there, watching him laying on the ground, not moving, and I knew, I just knew he was gone. I tried to shield Abby from it, but Ollie's dad was with us at the game, and he knew too,” finished Ginny, a tear running down her cheek.

“God Gin, that's horrible. I'm so sorry. For you and Abby, for his parents. It sounds like he was still at the top of his game, too.”

“Yes, he was. He wanted to win so bad, go out on top. Ollie's parents were devastated. Abby and I moved in there with them for about eighteen months, to be close to them. Ollie's dad died about six month's after Ollie, it was like he lost the will to live. Abby and I moved here about eighteen months ago. It was time. Ollie's mum Gail is great, but she was starting to push quidditch on to Abby a little bit too much for my liking, telling her she had to make her dad proud. She likes quidditch, but she's not as crazy about it as her Dad was, and that's fine.”

Ginny's stomach rumbled. Harry leaned down and kissed her gently. “How about I make us some breakfast, bring it back here?” he asked. Ginny nodded, and he left, returning some time after with pancakes and coffee.

“Mmm perfect,” sighed Ginny, sipping her coffee, the remnants of their breakfast around them. She got up to take the dirty dishes to the kitchen, returning to find Harry getting dressed.

“Sorry love, I think I left my phone at home. I'll just need to go home and check for messages, thought I may as well have a shower while I'm there. I'll come back and we'll go to the Burrow,” suggested Harry, sounding worried.

Ginny drew him into her arms. “It will be fine. Yes, it will be a shock for the family, especially Ron and Hermione. We'll all put our heads together and we'll come up with an idea. You're not alone any more, Harry.”

Harry smiled. “You know, Jay told me about meeting the famous Ron Weasley. He was quite impressed with him. I always thought Ron would be godfather to our, er, my son.”

“How about we start with Mum and Dad, and then maybe call in Ron and Hermione. That might be enough for one night. You know, once Hermione's involved, she'll find a solution to your situation. Ron, well, Ron will just want to see you, spend time with you. They really missed you, Harry.”

“I've missed them too. Ok, I'm going but I'll be back soon. Bye, love,” he said, kissing her goodbye and stepping into the floo.

He returned half an hour later, with his glamour back on. "Hey Gin, I'm back. Listen love, I'm not able to go the Burrow, I've got to be some place in an hour for work. Have you seen my watch? I may have left in on your bedside table, it's the one your Dad gave me,” he called, checking the cushions on the lounge. He walked into the kitchen and froze. Sitting at the table were Molly and Arthur.

“I,er, I-I...” he sent a helpless look at Ginny.

“I gave you a watch, young man? I don't understand? I've only ever given a watch to my boys on their seventeenth birthdays,” said Arthur.

“No sir, you gave me one too, and it was on my seventeenth birthday,” corrected Harry.

Arthur looked from Henry to Ginny to Molly.

“Henry, why don't you go down to the bedroom and see if it's there,” suggested Ginny. Harry was glad to escape the room, he needed a minute to think. He found the watch and came back to the kitchen. He knew his time had come. He smiled at the irony.

Everyone looked up as he re entered the kitchen. “Was it there?” asked Ginny. He nodded.

“May I” asked Arthur, holding out his hand. Harry hesitated, then handed the watch to Arthur. He took it and looked at it, his head jerking up almost immediately.

“Where did you get this from?” he demanded angrily. Harry was shocked at the anger in his voice.

“WHERE?” he yelled.

“Dad?” asked Ginny, as Molly said ,“Arthur?” uncertainly.

“This watch belonged to one of my boys. He's been gone for a long time. I want to know where you got it from, and I want to know now,” said Arthur determinedly.

“Mr Weasley, please,” said Harry weakly. He had never seen Mr Weasley like this.

“Ha-Henry, I think you know what you have to do,” said Ginny in a small voice, her eyes on her father. He was shaking, looking at the watch. Her mum had moved to stand next to him, and she gasped as she looked at the watch, too.

Harry took out his wand, and Arthur moved to stand in front of Molly and Ginny. Harry pointed the wand at himself and said 'Finite.' He felt the changes occur, but he kept his eyes on the Weasley's.

He saw the recognition in their eyes, and their mouths fell open. Molly was close to fainting, he was sure. Tears were in her eyes, her hand covering her mouth. Arthur came toward him, slowly as if he couldn't believe it.

“H-Harry? It's really you?” said Arthur, in disbelief. He handed the watch back to Harry. Harry looked down at it for a few seconds. He looked up at Mr Weasley.

“You DID give me this watch for my seventeenth birthday, at the Burrow,” he insisted.

Arthur came and put his hands on Harry's shoulders. “You're right. But so am I. I said I gave it to one of my boys, and now my boy is back. Welcome Home, Harry,” said Arthur, taking Harry into his arms for a hug.

Harry clung to Mr Weasley, tears in his eyes. This wonderful family had accepted him all those years ago, had made him a member of the family and asked for nothing in return. Now, years later, this easy acceptance again only increased his guilt.

Mr Weasley stepped back, smiling broadly. Harry had time to catch a glimpse of Ginny's smiling face, when he was engulfed in another hug, this time from Mrs Weasley. She took his face in her hands, looking him over, before hugging him again, murmuring again and again, “Harry, Harry, Harry.”

Molly finally let him go, and they all moved back to sit at the table. Arthur spoke first.

“I don't really know what to ask first. Where have you been, how have you been, when and why did you come back, does Ron know, are you and Ginny back together? Take your pick?” he said, smiling.

Harry took a breath. “I've been working in Muggle London, I'm a social worker, specialising in kids and domestic violence. I haven't seen Ron yet, we were actually planning to come to the Burrow today, but I've got a situation I need to deal with for work, which is what I came to tell Ginny. In fact, I really need to leave now. I-I'm so sorry. I will see you soon,” he promised.

Ginny got up to walk him to the floo. “Is it okay if I share some things with them? Nothing too personal, just our immediate concerns?” she asked.

“Yes, that's fine. I just can't believe they accepted me back, just like that. Your Dad freaked me out a bit back there, I've never seen him like that. He called me one of his boys, did you hear that, Gin?”

Ginny smiled. “ A Weasley protects their own. You may not be a Weasley by blood, but you are by choice. We always used to say you were Mum's favourite. Trust me, that scary Dad face you just saw? Quite a few reporters saw that side of Dad after you left, he wouldn't hear a bad word said against you. It was Dad that encouraged me to protect your name, legally. It was Dad who would always raise a glass for you on your birthday, and he did the same for Fred. You are one of his boys, don't doubt that, Harry,” she said, hugging him.

He hugged her back, reluctant to go, but knew he must. “I'll floo later?” he suggested, hopefully.

She shook her head. “I'm off to Germany tomorrow, for a match the day after. I should be gone four or five days. Timing's lousy, I know. What about if we plan to tell Ron and Hermione next weekend?” she asked.

“Let's wait and see. We'll catch up when you get back and take it from there. Bye, love,” he said, kissing her goodbye.

Ginny went back to the kitchen, to see her mum dabbing her eyes with a hanky. Even her Dad's eyes looked moist. “So, you and Harry, again?” asked Molly. “How did this happen?”

Ginny smiled. “Your granddaughter met Harry's son on the train to Hogwarts, and they became best friends. Can you believe it? They wanted to spend some time together in the Christmas holidays, so we had Jamie from the New Year till they went back to school. I had to meet Harry, who was being Henry, so we could work out the details. In a way, I kind of knew then. I was attracted to him, so we spent more time together. Every time I left him, I was more convinced it was Harry. He only revealed himself to me recently, though.” She smiled at the memory of that special night.

“Jamie? Jamie Evans? Oh, how could I not have seen it. He was at the Burrow, with the young Malfoy boy. He loved my treacle tart. Just like his father,” sniffed Molly.

Ginny nodded. “James Evans Potter, to be exact. When Harry disappeared into the Muggle world, he became Henry Evans. He went to university and became a social worker. He met a girl, they got married and had James. The marriage went downhill when James' magical abilities surfaced. His mum tried to deny who he was, even hiding his Hogwarts letter. James only found out he was a wizard two days before he left to go to Hogwarts. He has no idea that he is the son of Harry Potter, and all that goes with that. Harry has no idea how to tell him, or even how he wants to handle telling anyone, especially the media. Imagine how scary it will be for James. It will also affect Abby and Scorpius Malfoy, as the media will re hash all that went on between Harry and Draco. We'll have to discuss things with Teddy, too. Harry wants to make sure they will all be protected, but we really don't know the best way to deal with it all. The children are our first priority,” said Ginny.

“Merlin's beard, there's a lot of things to consider, isn't there?” asked Arthur, astounded. “How does Harry begin to make James understand about the war, about the part he played? It will be a lot for an 11 year old to take in,” said Arthur.

“Harry was only 11 when he fought Quirrell,” reminded Ginny.

“He was nearly 12, and he wasn't told the full extent of his involvement by Dumbledore,” said Molly.

“Harry hated that things were kept from him. I don't think he'll do that to James,” said Ginny.

“He seemed a fine boy, when I met him. So Abby and James are best friends. That will make it easy, won't it?” said Molly.

“Make what easy?” asked Ginny, confused.

“You and Harry, back together. It can be so hard if the children don't get along, but if they're best friends, well, that's a hurdle overcome already.”

“Mum!” said Ginny, smiling. Then she grew serious. “Mum, Dad, I've given it a lot of thought. One of the possibilities for the future is that Harry will choose to raise James away from England. If the media gets too crazy, and if James isn't coping, I could see that as a real possibility,” she said.

Molly and Arthur both nodded. Ginny went on.

“If-if it comes to that, I'm prepared to go with him. Wherever he goes. If he wants me to, Abby and I will go with Harry and James, wherever he chooses to go.”

Molly gasped, but Arthur took Ginny's hand and squeezed it.

“I want you to know that Harry and I haven't even discussed this yet. There's so many things I've been thinking that we could do, but James is the unknown factor in all of this. Even if we were to leave, it brings other problems into it, Jamie's mum and Oliver's mum being the first thing that comes to mind. It wouldn't be like we couldn't stay in touch, or even visit. All I know is that I can't be without Harry again, I can't,” she said with tears in her eyes.

Arthur took his daughter in his arms. “We'll find a way, sweetheart. We'll find a way to get the kids through this. You and Harry deserve your chance to be together. We'll tell the family and we'll come up with a plan,” he said.

Ginny sniffed. “He wants to just tell Ron and Hermione next. That's going to be quite emotional for him, for all of them. Personally, I'll feel better when Hermione knows, if she can't come up with something, then I'm not a Weasley,” declared Ginny.

“Hopefully, soon, you'll be a Potter,” said Molly, joining her husband and their daughter in a hug.

“Actually Mum, I was thinking of making him take the name Weasley,” teased Ginny, with a wink at her Dad.

“He's a Weasley no matter what his name is, same as his son,” declared Molly.

“Thank you, both of you. For making it easy for him. He's got a hard road ahead, he's so worried Jamie will reject him for being Harry Potter, and once that can of worms is opened, there'll be no going back to being Henry Evans. He will need all the family behind him. I know you still have loads of questions for him, but please, let him tell you in his own time. We'll probably be at the Burrow next weekend, we plan to tell Ron and Hermione then. If that goes well, we'll open it up to the rest.

“All right love, for now, it's enough to know Harry's back. I'm sure Hermione will ask enough questions for all of us anyway. I think Ron will just be glad to have his best friend back. Now, why don't you put the kettle on again, and we'll have a cuppa, and you can tell me how my beautiful granddaughter is going at Hogwarts!” said Arthur.









Reviews 149
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear