Search:

SIYE Time:15:28 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 149
Summary: Time cannot stop the love story of Harry and Ginny. No matter what, they have a Forever Love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 90824; Chapter Total: 5191
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Harry talks to his ex, and gets a letter from Jay.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 13 Feb 6

Harry stood out the front of his old home. He had a day off, and had decided to come and talk to Jay's mum, Jess. Ginny was away, and he was surprised at how much he missed her. She had only just returned to his life, yet now he couldn't imagine his life without her.

He knocked on the door, he never used his key. Jess greeted him and moved aside to let him enter. He was glad that they had remained friendly since their divorce, at least until Jay's magical abilities had re-surfaced and couldn't be ignored.

It was only as they went into the drawing room that Harry realised she had her arm in a cast, she had a long sleeve shirt covering it.

“Jess, what happened? Are you okay?” he asked.

“I'm fine. It happened last week, I slipped in the shower. It's not a bad break, it's just the wrist. Luckily, it's not the hand I write with, so I haven't had to miss much time off work, just a couple of days,” she said.

“You know you can call me if you need me, especially with things like that,” said Harry.

She nodded, and smiled. “I had Barry to look after me, he's a guy I've been seeing. He spent Christmas with Jay and me. He's a relief teacher, it's how we met. Why are you here, Henry? Is everything okay with Jay? Is he doing okay at school?” she asked.

Harry beamed. “I just had a meeting with the Head Mistress, and he's doing well. He's top in Charms, and he and one of his best friends are top in Potions. He likes all his classes, and he loves flying, he's a natural!”

Jess looked confused. “Potions, Charms, flying, how are these going to help him in the real world, Henry? What about Mathematics, Geography, English? How are your subjects going to help him get into a decent University?”

“Jess, those subjects will get him a good career in so many different areas in my world. I tried to tell you about this before he left for Hogwarts, but you didn't want to listen. You have to accept this. If Jay wants to stay in the wizarding world, I will support him, and if he wants to return to this life, I will support him in that, too,” said Harry.

“I feel that I've lost my son, Henry. You know we never even contemplated boarding school for him, we both said we'd miss him too much. I was looking forward to guiding him through high school, and into a decent university. Now, I feel as though I don't have the right to make choices for my own son any more. How can I help him, guide him on things I know nothing about. All he talked about at Christmas was Hogwarts, and a giant squid, and a Hagrid, being up at midnight at the top of a tower to learn Astronomy and the names of his favourite spells. How can I help him with things like that?” she asked.

“He wants to tell you so you will understand. He will always need his mum, no matter what he decides to do. He finally fits in there, don't you see? He is a wizard, as much as you don't want him to be one. He is doing good at school and he has friends, good friends. He's happy. What more could a parent want for their child? He loves the wizarding world,” said Harry.

“ If it's so good, why did you leave, Henry? When you first told me about it, about you being a- a wizard, you just said you had been through a war, and you needed to get away from all the bad memories. Are you going to leave your job, and be a wizard all the time now? This feels so strange, it's like you are two different people,” cried Jess, unaware of how accurate she was.

“I told you I was very involved in the war. When it was over, people were looking to me for answers, to show them the way ahead. I wasn't emotionally able to do that, I was having enough trouble just getting through each day, let alone worry about the entire wizarding world. That's why I left. Since I've been back, I've started to see how my leaving has affected a lot of people. I told you I lost a lot of people I was close to, but when I left, I left behind people who were practically my family. I saw a couple the other day, they were as good as parents to me, and it was quite emotional. There are other people I want to see, friends who were as close as siblings to me. We went through so much together, and I hurt them when I left, I realise that now. I really didn't intend to be away as long as I have,” said Harry.

“I see,” said Jess, bitterly. “So I lose my son and my husband to something I can never be a part of, can never tell anyone about. You're going to throw away your career, all you've worked for, just like that! Will you be able to get a similar job if you go back there? Will you be close to Jay if you get a new job?”

“I don't know what sort of job I could get there now. I hadn't even thought that far ahead. I just wanted Jay to get settled. He misses you, Jess, will you please write to him. He said he hasn't heard from you since Christmas,” said Harry.

“I don't know what to write. Does he want to hear about things back here, does he even care any more? I-I miss him Henry, so much,” said Jess.

“Tell him that. Ask him about his lessons. If you ask the questions, you'll get the answers and you'll know what's going on his mind. I'm sure he'd love to bring his friends for a visit, maybe in the summer holidays,” said Harry.

“Will they be able to do magic?” asked Jess, nervously.

“No, they can't do magic outside Hogwarts until they are 17, when they are legal adults in the wizarding world,” explained Harry.

“These friends, are they good people for our Jay?” she asked.

Harry thought about Abby, which lead him to think about Ginny. “They are the best. The girl he met on the train, Abby? She is related to the family I was telling yo u about earlier, the ones that practically adopted me. They are good, decent people, Jess.”

“So, is that how you met up with them again, through Jay and Abby? Small world, isn't it!” she said, smiling.

“You have no idea! Anyway, I should go. I'll pop back tonight, about 5, for the letter to Jay? I'm sending one off too, so I can send them together. I'll see you then,” said Harry, giving her a quick hug before leaving.






February 9
Dear Dad,

How are you? Things are good here. My arm is all better, I didn't miss any flying lessons, thank goodness. Abby says I'm getting better, the new broom is a big help. Scor and I and some of the first years have got a group together and we go flying together on a Saturday morning. Abby has shown us some of the things her Dad used to do in training, drills and stuff. I really think Abby should have tried out for the Gryffindor team, but first years aren't allowed on the team, I think it only happened once before.

I got a letter from Mum, she asked lots of questions about school and my friends. Mum said maybe my friends could come and visit me or even stay for a few days in the summer holidays, and I can show them the Muggle world. That sounds pretty good, Abs and Scor were excited when I told them. Is Mum still seeing that man, Barry? I don't like him, and I don't want him to be there when my friends are there. I guess I'll need to tell her that. Do you think she'll get mad?

It's Valentine's Day next week. All the girl's are getting excited about it, mostly the older girls in the common room, but some in my year, too. The guys in my year don't seem too fussed about it. I thought about giving one to someone, but now I'm not sure. What if she gives me one? Abs told me her mum gave someone a singing Valentine's one year, I would be embarrassed if that happened to me. Are you sending out any Valentine's this year, Dad? Abby wants to know.

We're doing a lot more studying these days. Exams are in June, and I want to do well. I know it's still a way off, but I've been thinking about my subjects for next year. I think I'm going to add Ancient Runes and Arithmancy to my subjects. It seems a bit of a cop out to do Muggle studies when I've lived as one for 11 years.

We've been learning about the first and second wars. Head Mistress McGonogall takes a lesson a week in History of Magic. We've been learning about boys called Tom Riddle and Harry Potter. He sounds creepy, Riddle I mean. Why would anyone want to live forever, he wouldn't have his family or friends around him cos they would all die, and he would be alone? Abby told me, when he was older, he went to a house to try and kill Harry Potter when he was a baby, but he couldn't do it. Why would he want to hurt a baby? Harry's Mum loved him so much it gave him protection against Riddle. Both his Mum and Dad died, and he had to go and live with Muggle relations, and they weren't nice to him. He only found out he was a wizard when he was 11, just like me. I really wish that I could just talk to Harry Potter and understand everything.

I miss you Dad, I'll write to you and Mum soon,

Love Jay.

PS I had a letter from Abby's Uncle Ron. He's actually Ron Weasley. He was in Gryffindor like us. Did you know him? Anyway, he wrote to me and gave me a list of Chudley Cannon games, he said to pick one and he would get tickets for me, Scor and Abby. We're thinking either a Harpies game or Tornadoes, that's Scor's team. I'll give you the dates in my next letter, maybe you can come too. The other kids were impressed that I got a letter from the Ron Weasley.

Bye, Jay.

Harry finished reading the letter to Ginny. She rested her head on his shoulder.

“What do you think about this lesson that McGonogall is taking. Do you think it's too soon. Maybe I'm over reacting, but I'm just not sure it's the right time,” said Ginny.

Harry tightened his hold on her. “I agree, and I told Minerva that when I last saw her. I think a letter should have gone out to the parents, asking their opinion. I would have said no, that I would rather tell my son my way. I'm sure Draco would have done the same. You would too, wouldn't you?”

Ginny nodded. “I probably would have sat her down with Mum and Dad, Ron and Hermione. I still might. I, er, I've been thinking maybe we should bring the kids home for Easter, and talk to them about everything then.”

“My mind is constantly going over and over as to how I begin to explain everything to him,” said Harry.

“Well, maybe these lessons will give you an opening. From the letter, it seems they are just learning about your family's involvement. If the lessons really bother you, why don't you write to McGonogall, asking her to stop, or remove Jay from the class?”

“Actually, I have a bit of an idea, I just don't know how to execute it properly yet. It will depend on how things go with Ron and Hermione this weekend,” said Harry, nervously anticipating their reactions.

“Harry, I told you, it will be fine. Sure, there will be tears and I'll probably have to tear either Hermione or Mum off you. Once they get their hands on you, they won't want to let you go. So, should I send the owls, asking them to meet us at the Burrow?” she asked.

Harry nodded, but his mind was distracted as he thought about Jay's letter. If his idea worked, he would need to see McGonogall again, and get in touch with Draco and Neville. Letters would need to be sent to the parents, how could they keep something like this a secret from the media? What if-

“Hey, come back to me,” Ginny laughed. “You're thinking ten steps ahead, aren't you?”

“I'm sorry. You now have my undivided attention. Have I told you I missed you? How beautiful you look? How I thought about you all the time? How I-”

“Harry, shut up and kiss me!” said Ginny.

He did.





Reviews 149
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear