Search:

SIYE Time:12:52 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 149
Summary: Time cannot stop the love story of Harry and Ginny. No matter what, they have a Forever Love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 90822; Chapter Total: 4583
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
A chapter I struggled with a lot, as I worried about underplaying Jay's reaction to being the son of Harry Potter. Please let me know what you think.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chap 19 April 16

Harry and Jay flooed to the Burrow just before ten the next morning. Immediately, Molly gathered first Jay, then Harry in a bone breaking hug. Remembering their conversation the night before, Harry and Jay exchanged a smile. She ushered them to the table, where Arthur was finishing his breakfast, while reading the paper. He greeted them, explaining they were the first to arrive.

Ron's hand on the family clock moved to 'travelling', and Harry felt nervous. He wished Ginny would hurry up and arrive. Jay was munching on some of Molly's home made biscuits and talking to Arthur.

He heard Ron floo in and greet his Mum. A minute later, he came from the kitchen into the dining room. He greeted his Dad and Jay. He stopped when he saw Harry, before coming to give him a big hug.

“Still can't believe you're actually here, mate, when are you coming over to my place? Mel can't wait to have you over for tea, or something. Damn, it's good to see you,” he said, slapping Harry on the back.

Jay look confused as he looked between the men. “Dad, I didn't know you knew Ron Weasley.”

Ron laughed. “Know me? This here is my best mate. Met him on the Hogwarts train when we were eleven, didn't we?”

Harry nodded, his eyes on Jay.

“Just like me and Abby,” said Jay, still looking between both men.

Ron nodded, grinning.

“Hope we're still good to go to a quidditch game in the summer, Jay? My boy Dan, and your Dad, it should be fun.”

“We'll have to see, Ron,” said Harry in a warning tone.

“Dad, what's going on?” asked Jay, suspiciously.

“You have told him, haven't you?” asked Ron to Harry, who shook his head.

Ron sighed.

“Dad, what's he talking about? Told me what?” asked Jay, getting worried.

He started to think of what his Dad might have to tell him, and why he wanted the Weasley family around.

“Dad, you're not, um, you're not-?”

“What, Jay?” asked Harry earnestly. “You can ask me anything?”

“Are you-are you dying?” he burst out.

Harry realised he'd been holding his breath, as he exhaled loudly.

“No, Jay, I'm not dying,” assured Harry.

“He's Harry Potter,” said Abby, from the door.

Ginny, who was coming behind Abby, gasped.

“What!” cried Jay, swinging his head from Abby to Harry.

Abby came into the room and looked at Harry. “You are, aren't you?

Ginny looked distressed. “Abby, honey, please, this is between Jamie and Harry,” she said.

Jay looked at her. “You called him Harry. You called my Dad, Harry.”

He turned back to Harry. “You can't be Harry Potter, can you? Are you? Show me!” Jay demanded, getting agitated.

Without taking his eyes off Jay, he took his wand out and removed his glamour. Finally he stood before his son, as Harry Potter. Jay looked over him, seemingly stunned.

“Your eyes. They're the same as mine now,” Jay said.

Harry nodded. “We got them from my Mum,” he said.

Everyone in the dining room was silent, waiting for Jay's reaction. He looked at Harry, as if he was a stranger.

“I-I don't understand? How can you be my Dad, but be Harry Potter. It-It's crazy. You're all pulling a prank, aren't you? Well, it's not funny, all right.”

Jay started backing away from everybody.

“Jay, please, let me explain. It's true, I am Harry Potter, and you are James Evans Potter. When I left here fifteen years ago, I changed my appearance with a glamour, and took the name Henry Evans, Evans was my Mum's maiden name.”

“Stop it, I don't want to hear any more. Just leave me alone,” cried Jay, running out the back door.

“Jay!” called Harry, but he had taken off.

Jay ran as fast as he could, although he really didn't know his way around the Burrow. He ran until he was out of breath, and the tears spilling from his eyes made it hard for him to see where he was going. He sat down, leaning against a tree, near the lake. His hands in his head, he tried to make head and tails of what he had been told.

His Dad had left the wizarding world after the war. Just like Harry Potter. He'd met Ron Weasley on the Hogwarts Express his first day. Just like Harry Potter. He'd kissed Ginny Wood (and maybe more). Just like Harry Potter. His Dad had been in Gryffindor. Just like Harry Potter. His eyes...

“Shit!” yelled Jay. His Dad was Harry Potter.

“Worked it all out yet?” asked Ron, coming to stand next to he tree Jay was leaning against.

Jay nodded, without looking at him.

“It's not a bad thing, you know. Your Dad is still your Dad. Nothing's changed there. He's still my best mate, and I haven't seen him for fifteen years.”

“Why? If you haven't seen him for fifteen years, why is he still your best mate? Mate's stay in touch, they don't leave. If he cared about Ginny, Abby's mum so much, he would have come back.”

“He had a good reason to leave. He had a better reason for staying away,” said Ron.

“What?” asked Jay. He was starting to get a headache, it was so much to think about!

“You! He met your Mum, and then you came along. Ginny said Harry told her you were a happy family, for a while. Family is the most important thing to Harry.”

“Ginny told you that?” Ron nodded. “We were happy, until I did magic. Then Dad had to tell her the truth, about him, about me. Why didn't he come back then? Why didn't he change to Harry Potter then?” Jay cried.

“I don't know why your Dad didn't come back then. He had a good job he liked, didn't he? He was still living with your Mum and you then, wasn't he? You weren't very old, right?” asked Ron.

Jay shrugged. “I was three or four. Dad stayed in the house till I was seven. He loves his job, he helps lots of kids,” said Jay.

“There you go, they all sound like good reasons why he was happy to stay where he was, doesn't it?” asked Ron, rhetorically.

“What about when I went to Hogwarts, he told me lots of things before I left, but nothing about that.
I even mentioned Harry Potter in letters to him, and he said nothing back,” argued Jay.

“Well, I understand you only got your Hogwarts letter a couple of days before you left, is that right? Well, if Harry had told you the truth, you wouldn't have had long to get used to it, or ask him all the questions you were bound to have, before you had to leave him to go to a place where Harry Potter is the Numero Uno Wizard.”

“I suppose,” said Jay, grudgingly. “Why is he telling me now? Is everything going to change?” he asked, worried.

“I think he wants to tell you now because of what happened with the Malfoy boy. Someone was bound to sniff it out, the press have been dragging up his history ever since we came to Hogwarts. He wanted to be the one to tell you, before the story broke. The press will go nuts, you know. Harry Potter is back, and has a son!”

“What's the big deal?” asked Jay. It's just me and my Dad, who happens to be Harry Potter.”

“I couldn't have said it any better myself,” said Harry, joining them. He patted Ron on the back.
“Thanks mate, you've still got my back!”

“Always,” said Ron sincerely. “For you and your son, always. I'll leave you to it,” he said, turning and heading back to the Burrow.

“Hermione's there,” called Harry. Ron waved his hand in the air, but continued walking. Harry turned back to Jay, and came and sat next to him.

“So-?” he said, nervously.

“Is the press really going to be crazy?” asked Jay. Harry nodded.

“Probably. There are laws now, that prevent them coming too close, and with you being underage, well, Hermione is looking into it,” said Harry.

“Hermione Granger?” asked Jay.

Harry nodded. “She was my other best friend at school,” he said.

“What about Ginny, er, Mrs Wood?” asked Jay.

Harry smiled. “I met her when she was 10, she wished me good luck on my first day as I was getting on the train. I met her properly the next year, when I came here to stay in the holidays. I really got to know her my fifth and sixth year, and we started going out my sixth year, her fifth.”

“She was the one, wasn't she? The one who knew you better than you knew yourself. The one you left behind, but meant to come back to. Only you met Mum, and she got pregnant with me,” said Jay.

“Yes, she was. Jay, I don't regret meeting your Mum, I wouldn't have you if I hadn't met your Mum. You're my son, and I love you. That's the most important thing to me,” Harry insisted.

“You're back together now, right? You're even sleeping together. She must hate me and Mum, because we kept you away from us. If you're together, you might get married, maybe even have another kid. You won't care about me any more,” said Jay, getting worked up again.

“No, Jay , you're wrong. Ginny doesn't hate you or your Mum. You will always be important to me Jay,” promised Harry.

“Dad, can I have some time alone. I-I've just got a lot to think about,” said Jay.

“Sure son, I'll be back at the house. Come back when you're ready. You can ask me anything, you know. I promise to answer all your questions,” said Harry.

Jay nodded, and Harry left, with hope in his heavy heart.

Meanwhile, back at the Burrow, Ginny was talking with Abby in the front garden. They had been out there since Ron came back.

“You shouldn't have told him, Abby. It was up to Harry to tell Jamie, the way he wanted,” berated Ginny.

“You shouldn't have kept it a secret. Why shouldn't Jay know? He doesn't even really understand why Harry Potter is such a big deal in our world, even after he was at Hogwarts,” said Abby.

“It was Harry's decision to keep it a secret, but he was always going to tell Jamie. He just wanted to do it face to face. I think he had planned to do it in the summer holidays, but with what happened to Scorpius, we decided to tell you now. You know students don't usually come home for Easter.”

“How long have you known? I thought there was something going on with you both on New Years Day, when they came for breakfast. Oh my god, he sent you the flowers and chocolates for Christmas, didn't he? You've known for ages, Mum!”

“I suspected. I wasn't one hundred per cent sure until a couple of weeks after New Years,” said Ginny.

“How did you find out then?” asked Abby.

“Oh, er, I just asked to take it off-his glamour, I mean,” stuttered Ginny, going red.

“Oh my God, I just realised. You're the one, aren't you? It's you. You're the girl he had to walk past on his way to Voldemort. You're the one he went out with before he left to go on the Horcrux Hunt.
You're the one they say is the love of his life,” said Abby, her eyes wide.

“Who said that, where did you hear all that?” asked Ginny, surprised.

“After you all came to Hogwarts, someone in Gryffindor got a book about Harry Potter. I had a quick read of it, it mentions him fighting trolls, and a three headed dog. It talked about werewolves, and giant snakes in a chamber below the school. Harry didn't talk about any of that. Is any of that true?” she asked.

“That's for Harry to tell you and Jamie, if he chooses to. Yes, Harry and I went out before he left with Ron and Hermione, and we got back together after the war was over, but that was fifteen years ago,” said Ginny.

“You're together now, though. If you are the love of his life, was he yours? What about my Dad? Did you love him like you love Harry?” asked Abby, in tears.

“Abby, it's hard to explain, I-”

“No, it's not Mum. Did you love my Dad, like you loved Harry Potter?” Abby demanded.

“Abby, I can't compare them, it's two different situations. I was only seventeen when the war ended, when I got back together with Harry. I was twenty- one, twenty -two when I was with your Dad, and had you. We were happy, you know we were,” cried Ginny, tears streaming down her face as she tried to make Abby understand.

“You were going to go with him, Harry, I mean. When he left, all those years ago, you were going to go with him, weren't you? You would have left your family and friends for him.”

“Yes,” whispered Ginny.

“You loved him enough to leave everything behind. You planned a life away from here,” Abby cried, gesturing to the Burrow.

“We didn't plan to be away forever. We thought we'd be gone maybe a year. I would have got in touch with my family,” defended Ginny.

“Did you think he would come back for you? Did you wait for him?” asked Abby, not noticing Harry coming up behind her.

“Yes,” whispered Ginny again. “Your Dad was the only other man I went out with. You know how we met,” she implored Abby.

“He was a substitute, Mum, face it. You never loved him, not like you do Harry. I saw you kissing Harry, that day at Hogwarts. You never kissed Dad like that, EVER! Now he's back, you probably wish you'd never married Dad. You probably even wish that you didn't have me, and that Jamie was your son,” cried Abby, really sobbing now.

“No, Abby, it's not true. I love you so much. Please Abby, please just listen-”

“No, I don't want to hear any more. Leave me alone,” cried Abby, running back into the house.

“Oh God,” cried Ginny. She would have collapsed on the ground if Harry's strong arms hadn't come around to catch her.

“Ssh, love, I've got you,” said Harry, brushing a kiss on her forehead and holding her tight.

“God Harry, that was awful. I'm sorry she told Jamie, and that I blurted out your name. How did things go with Jamie?” she asked, sniffing and wiping her eyes on the hanky he offered her.

“I really don't know. Ron spoke to him first, and that seemed to go okay. When I got there, he didn't ask me too much, then asked me to give him some space. That's when I came back and found you and Abby. What was that all about?” Harry asked.

“She was asking me about you and I, if I loved you more than I loved Oliver. What do I tell her? I tried to explain that it was two different situations, but she called me on it. She told me Oliver was a substitute, and she was right. But I wouldn't have her if I didn't marry Oliver. Oh, Harry!” she cried, burrowing her face into his chest, as his arms came protectively up and around her.

“It's ok, love, we'll be ok. They just need to adjust to the news. Come on, let's go inside and get a cup of tea, or something. Coming out of the closet has made me hungry,” he grinned.

Ginny smiled weakly. “Um, Harry, I'm not sure what coming out means in the Muggle world, but here it means that you're gay!”

Harry chuckled. “Yeah, it means the same there, I was just trying to lighten the moment. Besides, I think we both know I'm not gay!” Ginny grinned, as they went inside.

Jay had wandered closer to the house, and had actually witnessed the end of Abby's fight with her Mum, and his Dad comforting her after Abby stormed off. He watched his Dad kiss Ginny's forehead, and hold her tight. Jay didn't remember ever seeing his Dad have as much physical contact with his Mum. He knew they hugged occasionally, and that his Dad still pecked her cheek sometimes, but it was in a polite way, as you'd greet a relative you hadn't seen in a while.

He watched them go inside the Burrow, but he didn't want to join them, not yet. He still didn't know how he felt about everything. He wasn't so much freaked out about Harry Potter being his Dad, he just felt lost.

Jay wandered into Mr Weasley's shed, surprised to find a lot of everyday household items in there. He picked up a spinning top, pumped it and watch it twirl round and round. It was kind of how he felt.

“Ah, so that's what it does? Amazing. Thank you, James,” said Mr Weasley, picking up a clipboard and ticking something off.

“You got a lot of stuff here. Is it stuff that's been enchanted?” asked Jay, remembering his trip to the MOM after New Years.

“Yes, once we're removed the enchantment, then we find out what the Muggles actually use it for. There's a couple of things here, you might be able to help me with,” said Arthur, pulling out a box full of objects.

Once Jay had identified a bicycle pump, a photo copier machine and a juicer, he sat back to watch Mr Weasley write some facts down on his clip board. He sighed, causing Mr Weasley to look at him, putting down his clip board.

“Been quite a morning for you, hasn't it?” he asked Jay. Jay nodded.

“Do you want to talk about it? Is there anything I can help you with?” asked Arthur.

“You took my Dad in, he told me you practically adopted him,” said Jay.

Arthur nodded. “ Ron had written to us in his first year to say he had become friends with him. Molly knitted him a Weasley jumper for Christmas that year, and once you get a Weasley jumper, well son, you know you're family. We didn't actually meet Harry until the summer before the boys returned to Hogwarts for their second year. Ron and two of his brothers, Fred and George, went to Harry's Muggle relatives to rescue him, and they brought him home here. Took my enchanted car, they did,” said Arthur proudly.

“Enchanted car? Sounds cool! Wait, why did they have to rescue Harry, I mean, my Dad?” asked Jay.

“Your Dad's relatives hated magic. They knew Harry was magical but they didn't tell him. They treated him abominably, even locking him in a cupboard under the stairs. Once he got his Hogwarts letter, they let him use a bedroom upstairs, but they put bars on the windows. My boys helped him to escape. If Molly and I had our way, he would have come to us all the time after that, but he had to go back. It was to do with the blood protection, you see. Harry's mother was his aunt's sister. You know about the blood protection, don't you?” asked Arthur.

Jay nodded. “Harry talked about it a bit when he came to Hogwarts recently. So, he stayed here, every summer?”

“Not the year before his third year. You see, he had done under age magic and blown his Aunt Marge up, and he ran away from home, taking the Knight Bus. He stayed at Diagon Alley until we met him there. We had gone to Egypt, you see, and he wasn't allowed to come with us. Then there was the year before his fifth year. Harry and his cousin were attacked by Dementor's, and Harry had to appear before the Wizenmagot Council to show why he shouldn't have done magic in front of his cousin. He nearly got expelled. That year we stayed at Grimmauld Place.” said Arthur.

Jay's head was swimming. Dementors, Knight Bus, Wizenmagot! Blown his Aunt up! “Sounds like my Dad had an exciting time.”

“Exciting? No, that's not the right word, son. Try lonely or terrifying. I think that's why he liked it here so much. Here, he was just another one of my boys, safe and loved. We did love him, you know, as much as any of our own kids, and Harry wanted to be a part of a family. That's why it hurt so much when he lost Sirius.”

“Sirius? Sirius Black, you mean? Why would that hurt Harry, I mean, my Dad?”

“Harry found out that Sirius was his godfather. He had been in Azkaban for years but he broke out when he heard that Voldemort was back and trying to kill Harry. Sirius had been best friends with Harry's dad, James and another friend, Remus Lupin,” explained Arthur.

“My name's James. So I'm named after my Grandpa Potter, am I? Is Remus Lupin Teddy's dad?” he asked Arthur.

“Yes son, you were named for James Potter, your Grandpa. A great man, well, all of them were. Molly and I knew them from the Order of the Phoenix, you see.”

“Order of the Phoenix? What's that?” asked Jay, sitting on a stool.

“Dumbledore started it, a group of witches and wizards who were fighting for the Light, to stop Voldemort, even before your Dad was born.. Molly and her brothers were involved. James had married Lily, your grandmother. Frank and Alice Longbottom., Amelia Bones, Alastor Moody. So many names I can give you, James, some of the best names in the wizarding world.”

“Longbottom? You mean, Neville Longbottom? His parents?” asked Jay. Arthur nodded.

“They were great people, your grandparents were great friends with them. Sadly, we lost a lot of those witches and wizards, Molly herself lost her two brothers. How Harry survived, well, it's a testimony to how much your grandmother loved him. I'm sure it's how he feels about you, too.”

“When Harry, my Dad, came to the school, he mentioned a prophecy. He said it could have been him or Neville, Professor Longbottom. To be the Chosen One, I mean. He said something about the Power the Dark Lord knows not. He said, in the end, it was that Power that helped my dad defeat Voldemort.”

Arthur nodded. “With all that Harry has had to endure, he's never lost his ability to love. His friends and family were, no, are everything to him. He was prepared to sacrifice his life to defeat Voldemort. It's a miracle he survived that. It's no wonder he found it so hard to deal with everything after the war,” said Arthur, sadly.

“So he left,” said Jay. “Aren't you mad about that? That he left, and was going to take Abby's Mum with him?”

“How can I be mad? I'm sad that we didn't realise how much he was hurting, that he felt the only way to get better was to leave. As for Ginny, well, it didn't surprise me at all that she was going to go with him. If you had seen them together, you'd understand,” said Arthur, gently.

“If it was anything like what they're like now, then I do understand. So, how could he leave her, and not come back to her, if he loved her so much?” asked Jay angrily.

“He always sees the best in other people, yet not in himself. He didn't feel worthy of Ginny, despite what he had done, because he wasn't coping as he thought he should. None of that mattered to Ginny, though. She had long gotten over her crush on Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived. She loved Harry. Just Harry. He wanted to be the best person he could, for her. He went to get the help he needed. I don't think he expected it to take so long to return, from what he has said.”

“That's just it, what's bothering me. He should have come back, would have come back, if it wasn't for me. Me being born, I mean. I'm not dumb, I did the maths, I know my Mum and Dad got married because I was on the way. If I wasn't born, Harry might have come home much sooner,” said Jay.

“He's home now, and brought his wonderful son with him. It's not ours to question the what ifs, son. Thanks to you being born, Harry and you are here today,” said Arthur, simply.

“But who am I? I don't feel like James Evans any more. I don't feel like James Potter, that's for sure. I feel lost. Like I'm nothing. Like I shouldn't exist, should never have been born!” cried Jay, breaking down.

Arthur held him in his strong arms, patting his back. “You need to talk to your father about this, James.”

Jay held on to Arthur tighter. “I don't want to. It's too hard, too much. Can I stay here, just tonight? I don't want to go home with him, I just need some space. Please?”

“I'll go and talk to Harry soon. Come on, James, calm down now,” said Arthur in a calming voice.

It took Arthur half an hour to calm James down well enough to leave him, and go and find Harry. He was sitting on the bench outside the Burrow, waiting for his son. He stood up as Arthur approached.

“Mr Weasley, have you seen Jay? I thought he'd be back by now,” said Harry, looking over Arthur's shoulders in the direction he'd last seen Jay.

“James is in my shed, Harry. We've been talking, he's still quite emotional. He, er wants to stay here tonight, said he needs some space. I don't know if it's the best thing, but I didn't want to upset the boy further. It's fine with us, as long as you're okay with it.”

Harry ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. “I don't want to upset him either. I thought if it were just me and him, well, he could ask me anything.”

“He has been asking me questions about your life. I dare say, he will be quite enthralled by some of your adventures with Ron and Hermione if you decide to share them with him. It's the leaving, and his part in your life, that he seems to be most troubled by. He feels as if he has lost his identity.”

“God, Mr Weasley, how do I get him through this. Have I done the wrong thing, letting him go to Hogwarts? Maybe I should have gotten him into Beauxbatons instead,” said Harry.

“Then you would have had to completely uproot his life, and yours. You know, more than anybody Harry, there is no point second guessing. What's done is done. I really think once he has had time to digest it all, he'll come to you for more answers. Just give him time,” answered Arthur, patting Harry on his back.

“Ginny's having problems with Abby, too. She's giving Ginny a hard time about Ginny's feelings for Oliver compared to how Ginny felt about me,” said Harry.

“Feels about you, present tense. Harry, none of my boys have worried me the way I worried about my Ginny. From the incident in the Chamber of Secrets, to her marriage to Oliver. I would always ask her — 'are you happy, are you okay?' She would always smile and nod. She's a tough girl, my Ginny. Only three times have I ever seen her smile with her eyes, be really truly happy. The day she had Abby, and when I found out she was planning to leave with you,” smiled Arthur sadly.

“You knew we were going to leave?” asked Harry, astounded.

Arthur nodded. “Yes, I found out. I confronted her, told her I forbid it, she couldn't go. I knew it would break Molly's heart, and being so soon after losing Fred, well...”

Arthur wiped his eyes, remembering that awful time after the war. “She told me she had to go, that you needed her. She told me she was of age now, she didn't need my permission, but wanted my blessing. You were in love with each other, she told me. Her place was by your side, she said. I asked her if she was sure.”

“She looked at me and smiled, no, she glowed, you know when she gets that look. He loves me, she said, and I love him. We belong together. You know what he went through, for all of us. Now, I have to be there for him. She reminded me I would do the same for Molly, and she was right. So I convinced Molly that she should let you be the one to see Ginny through the platform, knowing you were going to take another train. I wish to God you had gone off together, but it wasn't to be,” said Arthur, wiping his eyes.

Harry had tears in his eyes when he asked, “You said three times. When was the third?”

“The day, not so long ago, we saw you in Ginny's house after all these years. When you left, she turned to us, and there it was, after all these years. The smile I had wanted to see for so long. She tried to love Oliver, she was a good wife and is a great mother. The thing is, Ginny gave her heart away a long time ago. No other man ever stood a chance. I knew it, and I suspect Oliver knew it, too,” said Arthur.

“I'm sorry, Mr Weasley,” said Harry, feeling guilty.

“For what, son? Loving my daughter? For her loving you? Ginny is right, there is no use worrying about what might have been, just deal with what is happening now. You and your son, and Ginny and her daughter. Deal with it, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. That's all you can do.”

Harry nodded and thought for a minute. “I think I'll just go and tell Jay he can stay tonight. I f he needs me, for anything, even if it's to ask one question, please floo me, or fire call. I don't think I'll sleep much tonight, anyway,” said Harry.

“Will you be at your place or Ginny's?” asked Arthur, with a twinkle in his eye.

Harry sighed. “Mine. I don't think Gin and I need any distractions tonight, in case our kids need us.”

Arthur nodded. “Agreed. But the kids also need to see the two of you are united in this, that you both have their best interests at heart. Don't let them separate you. Now, go and let Jay know he can stay,” said Arthur.

Harry popped into the shed, telling Jay he could stay the night at the Burrow. He begged Jay to floo home or call him if he wanted to talk about anything. He promised to be there, no matter the time or the subject. He told Jay he loved him, and he would floo back the next day, if he didn't hear from him before. Jay nodded, but said nothing.

Ginny agreed it would be best to spend the night apart. Hermione was upstairs, in Ginny's old bedroom, talking to Abby, as she didn't want to talk to her mum. Ginny was heartbroken, but she told Harry she'd stay at the Burrow a bit longer, in case either child wanted to talk. Abby hadn't said anything about staying at the Burrow that night, and Ginny still hoped to take her home.

With heavy hearts, Harry and Ginny said goodbye to each other. They knew they had to put their children's need first, yet as they looked into each other's eyes, they both feared that a possible life together may be the casualty. It would be a long, lonely night for them both.








/








Reviews 149
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear