Search:

SIYE Time:6:48 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 149
Summary: Time cannot stop the love story of Harry and Ginny. No matter what, they have a Forever Love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 90994; Chapter Total: 4580
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
One of my favourite chapters, really happy how it turned out, hope you feel the same.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


April 17-30

Jay returned home to Harry's apartment the next morning, accompanied by Ron. He immediately disappeared into his room, leaving Ron to inform Harry that Abby had returned home to Ginny that morning as well. After reassuring Harry that the children just needed time, Ron left.

Jay came out of his room to ask if he could go and visit Scorpius. Harry agreed, wanting to talk to Draco. They owled the Malfoy's, and within the hour, Jay and Scorpius were in his room talking, while Draco and Harry talked downstairs. They discussed the recent meeting at Hogwarts, and the repercussions for Scorpius.

“How is Scorpius handling it? Is he worried about going back to Hogwarts?” asked Harry, regarding his beating.

“Physically he's recovered, but I can tell he's worried about going back. It helps him to know that McGonagall has found the other boys involved, and they have been expelled. Jay and Abby's friendship will help him, I'm sure. Has your son recovered?” asked Draco.

“I think learning that I'm his father has made him forget his injuries. We told him yesterday, and he didn't take it well. He spent the night at the Weasley home, and as soon as he returned home today, he wanted to come here. I think it's easy to say he wants to avoid being alone with me,” said Harry.

“How are you dealing with it? Is he going back to school as James Potter? How are you going to handle the Press about him?” asked Draco.

“We haven't discussed anything like that yet. Once I know how Jay feels about it all, we'll make those decisions then. I plan to hold a press conference at some stage. If Jay agrees, I'll announce him as my son then, as well as letting people know my future plans,” said Harry.

“Plans that include Ginny Wood, no doubt,” teased Draco.

“I hope so. She's having her own issues with Abby. We're hoping that, given time, the kids will come to understand, and we can all move forward.”

“I never thought I'd say it, but I'm glad Scorpius is friends with your boy, Potter. It's meant a lot to him,” said Draco.

“Same with Jay. Abby and Scorpius have been as good a friend to Jay, as Ron and Hermione were to me. By the way, with our boys being good friends, don't you think it's time you called me Harry, and I 'll call you Draco,” smiled Harry.

“Well, it kind of feels unnatural. But we can give it a try. In fact, I look forward to seeing Weasel's face when I come up to you, slap you on the back and say 'G'Day, Harry!'” laughed Draco, dryly. Harry chuckled..

“You're not the only one who uses glamours, you know. I haven't told Scorpius about this,” Draco said, pushing his sleeve back and showing Harry a bare arm. Harry knew that under the glamour, the Dark Mark was still there.

“Take my advice, Draco. Tell your son everything, before he finds out the truth from elsewhere,” aid Harry sombrely. Draco nodded.

Scorpius and Jay came downstairs and asked if Jay could stay for lunch, and floo home later. Both men agreed, but Harry declined Draco's invitation to also stay. He saw the look of relief in his son's eyes, and he knew he had made the right decision.

Once he returned to his empty apartment, he took a chance and fire called Ginny, but there was no answer. He hoped things were going better for Ginny with Abby, than he was with Jay.

Unfortunately, they weren't. Abby had returned to their home in Godric's Hollow accompanied by Arthur. Once he had left, Abby had retreated to her bedroom, only coming out to ask if she could go spend a couple of days with Grandma Wood, Oliver's mum.

Ginny had tried to talk with Abby, but seeing Abby close to tears again made her stop. Reluctantly she agreed to the visit, and after apparating with her to her grandmother's, Ginny returned to the solace of the Burrow, seeking comfort from her family. She longed for Harry, for any news from him, but felt it best to give him some space.

When Harry asked Jay if he was returning to school as James Potter, he told Harry he didn't know who that was. For now, he'd continue on as James Evans.

When Ginny told Abby that she'd be away for work quite a bit the next few weeks, Abby asked her if she was running off with Harry. She scoffed when Ginny told her she hadn't seen Harry since the day he had told Jamie who he was. She told Ginny Grandma Wood had said they were probably waiting for Jamie and her to return to school till they could be together. Ginny tried to tell her it wasn't true, but Abby refused to listen.

Despite efforts from both Harry and Ginny to talk matters through with their respective children, soon it was time to return to Hogwarts, without any of the issues resolved. They were taking the Hogwarts Express, and Harry knew Jay and Scorpius had agreed to meet on the platform. He was surprised to see Ron escort Abby.

“Where's Ginny?” he asked Ron urgently. “Is she okay?”

“She's fine. Things have been a bit tense between her and Abby, and she didn't want to cause any problems with you and Jay. How are things, anyway?” asked Ron.

Harry shrugged. “Pretty much the same as they were the other day at the Burrow. Jay won't talk about it, hasn't asked me anything. I didn't want to push, and now he's going back to Hogwarts, as James Evans,” said Harry.

“Harry, good to see you again. I enjoyed our get together the other day, hope we can do it again, soon,” said Draco, patting Harry on the back. He smiled as he saw a look of incredulity on Ron's face. “Weasel,” he acknowledged with a nod.

Ron's face was red. “What's he playing at? Calling you Harry, it's not natural, is it? What did he mean by your 'get together'?”

“Relax Ron, you know his son Scorpius and Jay are best friends. Jay wanted to go over and see how he was recovering. Draco and I got to talking, that's all,” laughed Harry.

He noticed his son talking with Draco and Scorpius. It was nearly time to board. “Excuse me Ron, I think I'll go and say goodbye to Jay.”

He left Ron, who was muttering under his breath. Harry caught the word 'ferret', and smiled. Some things never changed. He helped Jay load his bag on the train, and turned him around to talk to him.

“Have you seen Abby?” asked Harry.

“Don't you really mean, have I seen Abby's Mum? I saw Abby when she first got here. I think she's already boarded. I've got to go, Dad,” said Jay, trying to turn away. Harry held firm.

“Jay, I've given you space, I've given you time to think about things. Please son, please don't keep this bottled up. If you need to talk to me, owl me and I'll be there as soon as I can. The Headmistress knows about this, if you want to talk to someone, anyone else, you can go to her. You could call any of the Weasleys, or Hermione. Please son, don't shut me out. I'll answer any questions you have, I promise,” said Harry, hugging his son.

Jay nodded without looking at Harry, and walked away. Harry watched him go, sadly. He saw Jay slow as he neared the train, then completely stop. He turned to look at Harry, then came back.

“Did you love her? Abby's Mum? Back then?” he asked.

Harry didn't hesitate, he had promised to answer any questions Jay had. “Yes,” he said simply.

Jay thought for a minute, then asked again, “Are you still in love with her?”

Again a simple answer. “Yes.”

Jay nodded. “Bye, Dad,” he said.

He turned and got on the train, without looking back. He found Scorpius in a compartment so he went in and joined him. He felt the train take off, and through the window caught a last glance at his Dad's sad face.

“Where's Abby?” he asked Scorpius, who shrugged.

“Think she's sitting with her cousins. You know, Tori and Fred. I think Ted Lupin's in there, too. How are things with your Dad?”

Jay shrugged. “I wanted to talk to Abby about some stuff. I didn't really talk to my Dad. I guess I just don't know what to say, you know?”

Scorpius nodded. “Yeah, I guess. My Dad doesn't like to talk about the past either, especially my Grandfather. I know he was a Death Eater and he did some really bad stuff. I think he even did something to Abby's Mum when she was really young. It upsets my Dad when I ask him about it, though. He gets all quiet and sad, then it takes Mum a long time to get him happy again,” said Scorpius.

“Your Mum is really nice. I saw my Mum while I was home, but I didn't tell her anything about my Dad. I don't know why, but it just didn't feel right for me to tell her. It made me wonder if that's how my Dad felt, all those years. Like he wanted to tell her, but didn't feel right. How can she understand, being a Muggle? Look, I've gone over this a thousand times in my mind, do you mind if we don't talk about it anymore. I think I'm going to take a nap. Will you wake me if you see Abby?” asked Jay.

“Sure, if I'm not asleep too,” grinned Scorpius. They settled in their bunk, and the smooth motion of the train soon lulled them to sleep. They were surprised when they woke, to find that they were at Hogsmeade already. They climbed into a cart, and made their way to the school.

They greeted their school mates as they made their way to Gryffindor Tower. Jay was keeping a look out for Abby. If any one could understand what he was going through, it was her. He wanted to talk to her as soon as he could. However, even in the common room, she was nowhere to be seen.

He finally saw her in the Great Hall that night. She was sitting with her cousins, and didn't spare him or Scorpius a glance. She hurried off after the Feast, and went to the girls dormitory. When he asked her cousin's to let her know he wanted to speak with her, they brushed him off.

He went to bed that night, angry and confused. He vowed he'd talk to Abby tomorrow. She couldn't avoid him, they had the same classes.

She did, however, try her best to avoid him. She sat as far away from him as she could, and even chose to be partners with Kieran Finnegan, and everyone knew he was the worst student in their Potions class. Sure enough, their potion exploded and they both received a detention.

Jay decided to corner Abby as she returned from her detention that night. He'd seen Kieran leave, but Abby had stayed behind. Jay went into the Potions room.

“Why are you avoiding me?” demanded Jay, coming straight to the point.

Abby looked up, startled. Her eyes narrowed. “What do you want, Jamie?” she asked.

“You heard me,” he said.

“I'm not avoiding you, I just really don't want to talk to you at the moment, that's all,” she said.

Jay felt hurt. “Why? I wanted to talk to you, because you're probably the only one who knows how I'm feeling. I wanted to know what happened with you and your Mum?”

“Nothing. I'm not really talking to my Mum at the moment,” said Abby.

“Me either, talking to my Dad, that is,” said Jay, helping her pack up her books and return ingredients to the cupboard.

“Why not, I would have thought you would have been all over him. I mean, your Dad is Harry Potter! That's pretty amazing. You know, I bet he only told us about a quarter of what really happened to him in his life. I'm sure if you asked, he'd tell you everything,” said Abby, curiously.

“I really don't give a shit about my Dad being Harry Potter, don't you get it? It's about me being his son, I don't know what my place is right now, I don't even know who I am. Am I James Potter, because I don't feel like him. I don't even feel like James Evans any more. I'm lost Abs, I thought you'd understand,” said Jay, sliding down a potions bench to sit on the floor, looking lost.

Abby sat down beside him.”I do understand how you feel, kind of. It's like everything I've known as normal is wrong, and I don't know where I belong in this new place. I-I know my Mum was hurting, and I was glad. I wanted her to hurt, likeI was hurting, but I don't know why. I feel like my Mum and Dad's marriage shouldn't have happened, but then what does that make me? I know we were happy, as a family, I mean. Was it all a lie?” she asked Jay, rhetorically.

“See, I knew you would understand. That's exactly how I feel. You want to know what else?” he asked.

Abby nodded. Jay hesitated.

“I'm a coward. I shouldn't be in Gryffindor. I wanted to ask my Dad all sorts of things, but I didn't want to hear the answers. He-he told me that he loved her back then. Your Mum, I mean. He even told me he still loves her, not that I didn't already know that. I feel like she'll hate me because I kept him from returning to her. Or that he'll rather be with her, than be my Dad. They've got a lot of time to make up,” sighed Jay.

Abby put her head on his shoulder. “I know, I'm scared of what my Mum will tell me too. And for the record, I don't care what your name is. You're Jamie, my best friend. Anything else can go to buggery, as far as I'm concerned.”

She took his hand and squeezed it.

He gave her a sad little laugh, but he squeezed her hand back. They sat there in silence, finding comfort in each other.

********

Two weeks later, Harry let himself into his apartment, extremely tired. Since he'd given his notice at work, he was busy finalising some of his cases, while preparing to hand over the rest to various members in his department. He had reports to write, and court appearances to prepare for, before he put this life behind him. He set his case down, not looking forward to a long night of going through more reports.

He glanced at the Daily Prophet. He was now getting it delivered to his apartment. He saw his own youthful face on the front cover and groaned. The Daily Prophet had taken to dredging up everything of his past, as they eagerly awaited his proposed press conference. Every day was a new theory about what he would announce, what his future plans may be. Today was a picture of him and Ginny, taken at one of the many funerals he had attended after the Battle. Harry sighed. He was still contemplating Professor McGonogall’s job offer, but frustration with Jay and lack of word from Ginny made him unable to make any plans. However, he had decided to return to the wizarding world, but in what capacity, he knew not.

“Harry.”

Harry whipped around. Ginny was sitting at his table, a cup in her hand. She looked tired, as though she hadn't had much sleep. She'd lost weight, too. Even her hair didn't look as vibrant as it usually did.

“You look like shit,” she said.

He smiled wryly. Trust Ginny to say to him what he was thinking.

“I miss you,” she said softly. His heart leaped, then fell at her next words.

“I'm going away for the next month or so. For work. It was planned before you came back, it's the European play off for the World Cup. It's going to be a busy month, so I thought I'd stay there, rather than port key back for a day here and there. I leave tomorrow. I wanted to tell you, though, in case...”

Her voice trailed of as they both thought what 'in case' could mean.

“I've written to Abby, asking her to get in touch with Mum and Dad, or Ron, if she needs me,” said Ginny, getting up from the table.

Harry walked toward her slowly.

“I'll come back if she needs me, or wants to talk. I'll be back by the end of term.”

Harry came closer.

“I wanted to tell you myself. I didn't want to leave you a letter,” she said.

Harry took the cup out of hands and put it on the table next to her. Turning back to her, he held her face between his palms. Brown eyes clashed with green, each could see the longing and the uncertainty in the other's eyes.

“We have tonight,” he whispered, then leaned in and kissed her. He lifted her up, and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He carried her down the hall, still kissing her.

There was no time for niceties. They both sensed the urgency. As he pressed her against the wall, his face buried in her neck, she shrugged out of her jacket. He brought his head away long enough for her to throw off her shirt. He unclasped her bra, then stumbled them both into his bedroom. He lay her on the bed, ripping his clothes off as he watched her kick off her shoes and pull her jeans and knickers off.

Their lovemaking was born of desperation. Desperate to be with the one they loved. Desperate, as they didn't know when, or if, this would happen again. Desperate to be as close to the other as they could.

“Ginny, open your eyes, love. Look at me,” begged Harry, moving between her thighs.

Ginny shook her head, her eyes closed, even as she moved with him, thrusting with him.

Harry groaned at her movements, loving the feel of their bodies intertwined. He took her hand from around his neck and lay it on the pillow next to her head. His lips nuzzled her chest and her neck, before coming to her lips.

“Show me, Ginny. See me, love. Please,” he said.

“I can't,” she whispered, moving quicker. “I can't look into your eyes and see regret in them. I can't look at you, wondering if this is all we will have.”

“Ginny, love, please,” Harry begged, knowing he was close to release.

Reluctantly, Ginny opened her tear filled eyes. Harry's face loomed over hers. Their thrusts were getting frantic, each getting closer to the edge.

“Look at me, “ he demanded.

Harry licked away a tear that ran down her cheek. He kissed her, and looked deep into her eyes.
Their eyes locked as he took them over the edge.

*******

Harry awoke the next morning, feeling sated. After their desperate love making, Harry had held Ginny as she cried, fifteen years of pent up tears. He kissed her tears away, leading them to make slow, gentle love. They slept for a bit, Harry wakening to find himself spooning Ginny, his arousal pressing into her from behind. As he caressed her hip, she started to move against him, and it wasn't long before they were making love again.

Harry smiled at the memory, before he realised Ginny wasn't in bed with him. Her place next to him was cold, so he knew she'd been gone awhile. He looked at the clock, it was nearly ten o'clock. He raced out of bed, got dressed and tried to floo to Ginny’s, but the floo was shut. Thinking quickly, he apparated.

The house was tidy but dark. Harry knew immediately that Ginny wasn't home. He remembered her saying she was going away for a month and he cursed himself, he didn't even know where she was going.

He saw a piece of paper on her table, and he went to look at it, hoping it may be a note for him, but it wasn't. However, it was her schedule. A quick glance at it, and at the clock, made him realise he knew where he had to be. Pocketing the paper, he left her house and apparated to the Ministry.

He raced through the Ministry, ignoring the gasps of the people around him as they soon realised who he was. He followed the signs, pushing past people, apologising as he ran off. Time was precious, and he didn't have any to waste.

He rounded a corner and sighed in relief. He spotted Ron's tall frame and bright red hair above the crowds. As he got closer, he saw Hermione was with him. They were talking to a blonde haired woman, who was looking in her bag. She shrugged and looked at Ron. Ron hugged her, then she walked away to join a queue.

Harry ran over to Ron and Hermione, puffing. “Ginny...where...need to talk...am I too late?”

Ron chuckled. “Just in time, mate.” He patted Harry on the back.

Hermione hugged him and said “Oh, Harry.” She pulled back, her nose wrinkled. “No offense, Harry, but you stink.”

Harry realised he hadn't showered that morning, so he probably smelt of sweat and sex. He didn't care so he ignored Hermione's comment. “Where?” he demanded Ron.

Ron pointed at the blonde woman Harry had seen them talking to moments before. “She's wearing a glamour, because of the stuff in the paper yesterday,” he explained.

The papers yesterday had brought up the story of Harry leaving Ginny and the wizarding world, and all the conspiracy theories they could come up with.

Harry nodded, and walked towards the woman. She was in the queue for International Departure of Portkeys. There were only a few people ahead of her, waiting to be called. He went over to her, and tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned around and gasped. “Harry, what are you doing here? I'm leaving, any minute now,” she said.

Harry pulled her out of the queue. “I know. I'm not here to stop you. There was just something I needed to tell you,” he said, taking her hands in his and pulling her aside to a corner, unaware that everybody was watching, Ron and Hermione included.

“What? What is it. Is it the children? Have you heard from them? Harry, what-?”

Harry kissed her. Once she got over the surprise, she kissed him back. Neither heard the cheers of everyone in the Departure lounge, who had got more than they bargained for as they waited to leave the country.

They stopped, and leaned their foreheads against each other. Both were breathing heavily.

“I love you. I needed to tell you that. I love you, have always loved you. I will miss you every day, and I will be here when you get back. Somehow, we will be together. I will find a way,” he declared.

“Ginny Wood. Portkey for Ginny Wood,” cried a voice over the loudspeaker.

Harry held her close. Ginny flung her arms around him and held tight. She licked his ear, and whispered, “I love you, too. Whatever happens, I am yours.”

“Ginny Wood. Second call for Ginny Wood, Portkey leaving in thirty seconds,” said the voice, a little bit louder this time.

“I have to go,” she said, reluctantly. Her face was in his neck, and she could his pulse point, pounding hard.

“I know. I mean it, I WILL be here when you get back. I have your schedule right here. I love you,” he said, kissing her hard again.

“I love you. Oh, and you now owe me two sets of underwear, a pink and a blue. I keep leaving them at yours,” she grinned, kissing him back.

“Last call for Ginny Wood, Portkey leaving in ten seconds, nine, eight...”

Harry and Ginny dashed to the departure door, kissing all the way and ignoring the cheers of the people around them. “I love you,” said Ginny as she disappeared through the door. Harry took a breath and turned around.

He made his way back to Hermione and Ron, a stupid grin on his face. He nodded to people who patted him on the back and wished him and 'Blondie' good luck for the future.

Ron and Hermione were smirking at him. “What?” he asked.

“For someone who likes to keep things private, you do a make a habit of public displays, especially where Ginny is concerned,” chuckled Ron as they started to leave.

“Hey, that was a one off,” protested Harry, smiling.

“I don't think so. Gryffindor common room ring any bells, mate. Your sixth year, Ginny's fifth. Gryffindor had just won the House Cup, although you had detention and-”

“Okay, okay! What can I say? Your sister makes me do things I normally wouldn't do,” said Harry, dreamily.

“That, right there. There's that look on your face,” said Ron stopping and pointing.

Harry put his hand to his face and wiped. “What? Is there something on my face?”

He turned to Hermione. “Well, is there?” he asked, still wiping.

Hermione nodded. “Yes. It's a look we haven't seen it on your face in a long time, Harry. Probably not since that monumental event in the common room, and until Dumbledore died.”

“What is it?” asked Harry.

Hermione linked her arms with Harry and Ron. “Happiness,” she said simply.

The trio walked off, Harry smiling broadly.

*******

Next morning, Jay was sitting down to breakfast. He was skimming over his Charms text book as he ate. End of term tests would be taking place soon, and he wanted to do well.

THUD! The Daily Prophet was slammed down on top of his text book and made him spill his cereal. Jay jumped, and looked up to find Abby staring angrily at him. Unshed tears were in her eyes.

“Hey, what's going on? Something in the paper upset you?” he asked.

“Read it!” she demanded.

Jay reluctantly unrolled the paper. Harry Potter had been in the paper everyday since he had been to Hogwarts. Jay had read all the stories, but it only made him more confused about he felt about Harry Potter being his Dad, so he was doing his best to ignore them. With the anniversary of the Final Battle approaching, the press were going crazy for any Harry Potter news

Jay was shocked at what he saw. “Harry Potter confesses love for unknown Blonde at Ministry,” read Jay.

He looked at the picture and saw his Dad passionately kiss a blonde woman he had never seen before. The couple in the photo ran to a door and the woman went through it. Harry turned around with a weird look on his face. The picture then started up again, going through the motions all over again.

Jay didn't read the story, just glimpsed at it. He looked at Abby, his face showed confusion, as did hers.

“I thought you said he told you he loves my Mum. How could he do this to her?” she cried, slapping a hand on the paper.

“He did tell me that. I don't know what's going on, anyway, I thought you didn't want them together,” he said, confused.

“I never said that. I don't know what I want. You need to do something,” she yelled.

“Like what? Why are you yelling at me?” he yelled again.

“He's your Dad, isn't he?” yelled Abby, then put a hand over her mouth as she realised what she had said.

“I'm sorry,” she whispered, before running off.

Jay looked around the table. Everyone was looking at him. There were quite a few people nearby when Abby had made her announcement, and they were reading the paper too. Word had quickly spread. Jay could hear, “Harry Potter's son,” being whispered from table to table.

Without finishing his breakfast, he grabbed his bag and ran out. He didn't know where he was running to, but he knew he had to get out of the castle.

He realised he had appreciated his Dad giving him time to adjust to the news. Now that the cat was out of the bag, his time had just run out. Whether he liked it or not, the world was about to find out that Harry Potter had a son.


















Reviews 149
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear