Search:

SIYE Time:12:56 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Forever Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Oliver Wood, Other
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 149
Summary: Time cannot stop the love story of Harry and Ginny. No matter what, they have a Forever Love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 90971; Chapter Total: 4956
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Can't believe it's the final chapter. I do love me a good epilogue, hope you like it, hell, i hope you love it.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ch 23 Epilogue. July 1 2018

“Look out, Dad, I'm coming in!” called James, now sixteen.

Harry moved out of the way as James dived in the swimming pool. He surfaced and grinned at his dad. “Wanna race, old man? Up and back, one full lap?”

Harry grinned. “You're on.”

They moved to the edge of the pool and Harry yelled “Go.”

He gave James a bit of a head start, then took off down the pool lane, in pursuit. James pushed him all the way, and it was pretty close at the end.

“Think I got you there, Dad. I think Ginny's good cooking is slowing you down,” teased James.

“I think it was too close to call,” said Harry, shaking his hair. He swam to the shallow end. “Is Bonnie coming to tea tonight?”

James nodded happily.

“How ARE you going to survive six weeks apart from your girlfriend?” teased Abby, coming out of the house, and sitting on the edge of the pool.

James scowled and swam over to her, grabbed her legs and pulled her in.

“Jamie, I didn't want to get my hair wet!” she squealed.

Abby pushed James's head under the water. He surfaced, picked her up by the waist and threw her. They both laughed as she came up spluttering.

“I can't believe this time tomorrow we'll be home in England,” mused Harry.

“I know we've only been here a couple of years but I think of California as home now, not England,” said James.

“Me too. I miss some things, and of course, the family, but I love living here,” agreed Abby.

“Would one of the things you miss be Scorpius Malfoy?” asked James, teasingly.

Abby blushed and stuck her tongue out at James and said, “Prat!”

Harry noticed she didn't deny it, and chuckled. “Well, at least our family has been happy to come and visit often. We've had your mum, James, and Hermione. Luna, Rolf and their kids. All the Weasley's have been, including Molly and Arthur,” said Harry, happily.

“I still can't believe how much Grandpa loved Disneyland. He loved all the rides, even the little kiddy ones. I bet he wants to go back there, the next time they visit,” said James.

“Well, at least now he has an excuse to go on those rides,” said Harry, looking towards the house. “Where's your Mum?” he asked Abby.

“Doing a last minute check on the guest bedroom for Neville and Hannah,” said Abby. “Merlin, it feels strange not to call him Professor anymore. I was really surprised that he left Hogwarts, he was one of the best teachers they had.”

“I still reckon him and Mum made a good couple,” said James.

Neville and Jess had dated over the summer they first met, and stayed in touch when Neville and the children returned to Hogwarts for their second year. However, the problem of being a Muggle dating a wizard, and ultimately the distance, had put an end to the relationship.

Neville had bumped into Hannah while shopping in Diagon Alley, and she had invited him back to the Leaky Cauldron for lunch. Hannah admitted to Neville she had missed him, and regretted the divorce. They had remarried a month later, and Neville resigned from his position at Hogwarts. He was now working for an apothecary, in their greenhouses. His plants and herbs were used in potions for St Mungo's, and also supplied Hogwarts regularly.

Hannah and Neville didn't have time for a honeymoon, until now. They were going to be house sitting for the Potters, while they were in England.

The sliding door to the back of the house opened, and Harry eagerly turned to see who it was.
“Here's my girl,” he said, holding out his hands. “Come to Daddy!”

Thirteen month old Lily Luna toddled towards the pool. She was just learning to walk. Harry, James and Abby swam to the sides, calling out her name and encouraging her.

Giggling, Ginny scooped her up and kissed her cheek. She put her down again, applied a sunscreen charm over her and held her hand as they came to the pool. Ginny lifted her up and handed her over to James, who swam away with her.

Abby followed, swimming around Lily and James. She'd pop up from behind James and say “Peek a boo, I see you.”

Lily thought it was a fun game, and she laughed and splashed. Ginny walked down the steps of the pool and made her way over to Harry, who pulled her into his arms.

“Everything all right in there?” he asked, nuzzling her neck

“Yes, guest bedrom is all ready, I've left a list for them of places I think they might like to visit, and restaurants they might like to go to. Our bags are packed and ready and our Portkey passes are in my purse. We are good to go,” said Ginny, running her hands over Harry's broad shoulders.

“Love, if they're anything like us on our honeymoon, they won't want to go out too much, will they?” asked Harry, kissing her.

He turned her so he could put his arms around her from behind, as they watched their children play together. Abby now had Lily, as James pretended to be a fish for Lily's amusement..

The children had returned to Hogwarts for their second year. The press had stayed away from the children at Hogwarts, but didn't stop their pursuit of any news of Harry. He worked at Potter's Place and Ginny continued her Quidditch work.However, they had been to California to meet with the school board of a new wizarding school there, after being recommended by Percy. They were married just before they started their new positions at the school, in the summer of 2016.

Ginny and Harry were married in Hawaii in June, with only Molly, Arthur and their children present. Arthur and Molly escorted Ginny to Harry, where he waited with James, his best man. Abby was the bridesmaid. It was a beautiful simple ceremony, held at sunset near the beach.

Arthur and Molly had then taken the children back to their new home in California, while Ginny and Harry stayed for a week long honeymoon.

Harry gained the job of Professor of Defense against the Dark Arts and, when Ginny fell pregnant, took over her role as Flying Instructor. Quadpot was more common than Quidditch in the States, and Harry enjoyed the challenge of the new game.

While it was hard to leave family and friends in England, both Harry and Ginny had looked forward to starting fresh together. The school was a day school, and there were no Houses, so there was no great rivalry. In the US, Harry Potter was just a name in their History of Magic text books, and Harry liked that. He was home with his family every night and with the summer off, they were heading to England for six weeks, where they would celebrate Abby, Harry and Ginny's birthday.

James was going to spend a couple of weeks with his mum and Abby would be spending at least a week with her grandmother Wood. They would all come together for the wedding of Teddy and Victoire on July twenty-second..

Abby and James swam close to Ginny and Harry. They had put Lily in a rubber ring and were pulling her, her little legs paddling under the water. She waved her arms at Ginny and Harry as she was pulled past them.

Harry and Ginny laughed. Their precious little Lily Luna was born and was adored by her brother and sister, and thrived when they were around.

Ginny never had a doubt that Harry was a good father, and it brought tears to her eyes when she saw him with all their children. From the moment she had told him she was pregnant, to the moment he had cut the cord at Lily's birth, she swore she had never seen Harry so happy. Her Harry was made to be a father.

“Well, I think I'm going to get out. I'm going to get a start on tea, remember, we're eating early tonight. Our Portkey leaves early, so we need a good night sleep. James, Bonnie will be here soon, won't she?”asked Ginny, giving Harry a kiss before leaving the pool.

“Cripes, yes, I need to have a shower before she gets here,” said James, leaving the pool, too.

“Don't forget to brush your teeth, so you'll be minty fresh when you kiss her goodbye,” teased Abby.
She swam to Harry and handed Lily over to him.

“Mum, hey Mum, can you do that thing with your wand so my hair curls at the end, you know...”

Her voice trailed off as she left the pool, grabbed a towel and went inside.

“Just you and me now, baby girl,” said Harry, holding Lily and gently floating with her.

“Daddy play,” said Lily. She clung to Harry as he went round and round in a circle. She giggled, the happiest sound Harry ever heard. They played for several minutes.

He nuzzled her neck and blew a raspberry on her cheek. She let out a big belly laugh, and grabbed Harry's hair. “Silly Daddy,” she said. She yawned, and placed her head on Harry's shoulder.

Harry never failed to be amazed at the thrill he felt when she did simple things like that. He'd been a nervous dad around James, uncertain as to how to hold him, or burp him, worrying he was going to hurt him if he patted him too hard. Jess had encouraged him to be a hands on dad, but he was more comfortable with it as James got older.

With Lily, he couldn't get enough. He came home from work, and had to see his little girl. He hated to hear her cry. He played silly games with her. He was proud of the way that James and Abby had adapted to their family, and Lily was now the icing on the cake.

Lily nestled into her Daddy's chest. Harry held her protectively. “Who's Daddy's girl? Who's Daddy's precious? Who's Lily's favourite?” he asked teasingly.

Lily saw something over Harry's shoulder and cried out “Mama!”

Harry turned around with Lily in his arms, and saw Ginny sitting on the pool wall behind him. He handed Lily over to Ginny.

“Er, how long were you there?” he asked.

“Long enough to hear you try and gain favour with our daughter,” grinned Ginny, towelling Lily dry. She squirmed as Ginny dried her hair, lifting a corner of the towel up to peek at Harry.

“Peek a boo, Daddy!” she said.

“Nonsense, Gin. Didn't you hear what we were saying. Who's my girl, who's my precious? She said Mama, you heard her, and she's right. You're my girl, aren't you? My precious? My precious!”

He said the last word in the voice of Gollum, from the 'Lord of the Rings' movie. Ginny shrieked with laughter, and Lily joined in.

Harry pulled himself out of the pool and sat beside his girls. Lily handed him her towel. Harry leaned over and gave her a kiss. She giggled.

“Kiss Mama!” said Lily.

Harry obliged, giving Ginny a lip smacker of a kiss, for Lily's benefit. She clapped her hands.

“Mum, do you want me to take Lily and give her a bath. Now that Jamie is FINALLY out of the shower, the bathroom's free.”

“Sure sweetie, thanks. I'll be right in. Go with your sister, Lil,” said Ginny, handing her over to Abby.

Abby took Lily's hand and helped her slowly walk into the house. Ginny made to get up, but Harry held her here.

“Harry, I have to go, Bonnie will be here soon, you'd better fire up the barbeque. I still have to make a salad and-”

Harry kissed her. It took her a second to return the kiss. She felt his love poured into the kiss, and he hoped he could feel it in hers.

He pulled away and leaned his forehead against hers. “I want another one,” he said.

“Okay,” she said, leaning in for another kiss. He pulled back.

“No, I mean, yes, I will always want another kiss from you. I meant, I want another baby,” he said, unsure of her reaction. He waited.

She smiled. “I think we make beautiful babies, don't you?”

He nodded.

“I love being pregnant. I know you like me being pregnant. I get all weepy, and my boobs get bigger. You looked after me so well when I was pregnant. One of my most precious memories is the look on your face when Lily was born,” she whispered, a tear in her eye.

“Hey,” he said, concerned. “I didn't mean to make you cry.”

She shook her head. “I love having babies with you. In fact, I-well, I was going to tell you on your birthday but...Sirius!” she called.

Little Sirius fluttered out of a bedroom window, flying over and around the pool. He flew in and dropped an envelope in Harry's lap, coming to rest on Ginny's shoulder. He rubbed his head against her cheek.

“Thank you, little one,” she crooned.

He hooted and flew back into the house. Ginny turned back to Harry. He opened the envelope and took out the photo. It was an ultrasound photo. He looked up at her.

“Really?” he whispered.

Ginny nodded, smiling through her tears. She took his hand and placed it on her stomach. “I'm due in February,” she said.

Harry pulled her into his arms, kissing her through his tears.

From the kitchen window, Abby, Lily and James watched. “Told ya!” said Abby triumphantly. “I knew she was going to have another baby. As soon as she said the milk in her tea tasted funny, I knew. She was the same with Lily. I wonder if that means it will be another girl.”

“Nah, this one's gonna be a boy, I reckon. Then it will be three all, three men, three girls. What do you think, Lily. Boy or girl baby?” said James.

Lily clapped. “Baby!” she said.

They turned back to look out the window. Harry helped Ginny up, and with his arm around her waist, they made their way inside. To their family.

FINITE


A/N Ever have one of those amazing moments when you are writing and things fall into place? As I was writing the line when Harry calls Ginny his precious, an ad came on for Lord of the Rings, and Gollum said 'precious'. I just HAD to include it!

I can't believe the story is finished, I've enjoyed writing it, and appreciated all the reviews. Thank you for reading.


A/N #2. I have just discovered I have missed a chapter so I will post that ASAP, my deepest apologies. It will explain the Harry/Jess relationship.









Reviews 149
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear